Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name is Satasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud or the Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast that were and just tell you to think rich, but we'll actually show you how to get rich. If you've been on TikTok lately, you've probably seen people claiming they manifested a dream job, a new car, or even thousands of dollars. But is this just luck or a mindset shift, or is there something else entirely at play. I'm excited in joining me today is a woman who happens to be a finance expert and have a background in behavioral psychology, so basically the perfect person to help us get to the bottom of these questions.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 5: Ah, this is something that grinds my gears. And a lot of people are going to be like, Victoria divine, what are you doing? Why are you saying manifestation isn't real? That's going to make a lot of people mad. Totally just a GRICI who we love and adoor and she can manifest things on Facebook Marketplace and I'm all like, yep, you go, Queen, Like I'm ten out of ten on board with this. Yes, I still don't believe that manifestation is real.
Speaker 4: I have to say I feel a bit similar, and I think that it can be a self fulfilling profit. See if you manifest something.
Speaker 5: So bad that I'm like, oh, it's not real. And so many people are like, oh my god, I manifested this. I manifested my dream life. I manifested a new car, manifested a pay rise.
Speaker 1: Like you actually didn't you work hard?
Speaker 5: You did that, you did that, you didn't manifest it. And like, I'm a very big believer in talking to the universe. Like growing up, my mom and I used to talk about like, oh, if you want something, like throw it out to the universe. And I love that concept of like, you know, sharing something because like even when we like look at the research, right, we know that if you write down a goal, you're more likely to achieve it because it becomes more real. And I think this concept of manifestation is quite similar. It's just you actioning plans, but you're giving the credit to someone else other than you. And I don't like that, nor that we should be proud of what we've done and what we've achieved, because it's not luck.
Speaker 1: Like you're not a lucky girl.
Speaker 5: You are actually just working hard and keeping your eye on the price.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Like that's this episode. I thought you were going to squash some dreams, but I feel like.
Speaker 1: I've squashed some dreams.
Speaker 5: But then I'm going to bring you back up and will actually, Babe, it's you, and you should be proud of you, and this is how it works, and this is what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not going to give the credit to someone else. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think at the end of the episode will be like, you know where the power was all along within us? Okay, it's going to be really fluffy oh yeah, So before we get too deep into where the manifestation actually works, let's have done it properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I'm going to ruin that.
Speaker 5: I feel like, okay, I should have done like a hook and then like, oh, what have these thoughts?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you after the breton. I already told you. Sorry, my adhd jo Dad.
Speaker 4: She's not a mysterious woman exactly how she's feel.
Speaker 5: Like, do you know how many social interactions I go into And I'm like, wow, I really overdisclosed there.
Speaker 1: Well I know my entire personal history.
Speaker 4: Hey, we love an overshareer. Yeah, look, I'm not mad. No, So when people talk about manifesting money, what do they actually mean?
Speaker 5: Like, it's this concept that you're believe can shape and create reality, and that's really nice. Like the concept of this is really good. And the idea is that by simply focusing on something in particular it could be like wealth or success or even love, you're able to like attract it into your life. And I think that that at a crux is true, like the more you focus on something, the more likely you are to recognize that and you can attract it into your life back and you know, there's a lot to it. I'll tell you in a hot second about my yellow Honda Jazz. Oh yeah, Okayrie, Like, that's my theory I have coined. But the idea is actually deeply rooted in what they call the law of attraction. I think we've all heard of the laws of attraction and how that works, and that suggests that positive thoughts then bring positive outcomes, will negative thoughts bring negative ones?
Speaker 1: And this concept has.
Speaker 5: Been so popular after the book and then like subsequent TV series The Secret came out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard of that.
Speaker 5: I watched it and I was like, this is hufflepuffle fluff, Like that's not for me. But I do, on a base level think that as individuals, we attract what we are searching for. We are literally trying to find particular things. It's like confirmation bias, right, And this is a legit psychological phenomenon where beck you might have a particular political view, and therefore any information I put on the table that disregards that or is in opposition of that, You're probably going to be like, it's not real. You're probably gonna be like, no, that's not for me. You're also not going to take the time and energy and effort to dive into that information. But if I present you with some research that further confirms an opinion or a belief you already hold, you're going to be like, oh, this is legit.
Speaker 1: I told you it was real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I definitely knew that already, so it's a legitimate phenomenon.
Speaker 1: And that's okay.
Speaker 5: But confirmation exists in human nature, and I think that as human beings we really love this concept of manifestation because it is all about attracting more positiveness, and as humans, we are hard wired to be inherently negative.
Speaker 1: Beck right, you know I've spoke about this on the podcast before.
Speaker 5: If we go back to like caveman times, it was fight flight, like you didn't have like, oh, I'm going to like manifest positive energy, Like you had to make sure that you had food and water, and often that meant being really aggressive and fighting over that and always planning for the worst, like what winter's coming. We need to stockpile things, We need to make sure that we are protecting ourselves, that we are warm, like all of those basic needs needed to be met, and the best way to do that is with a sense of fear with the sense of like, you know, making sure that we have these things, because if you didn't have that sense of fear or you know, feel like you needed to control that, how were you going to survive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we flip that.
Speaker 5: We're now in twenty twenty five and most of us have the privilege of having our basic needs met. And I'm saying most of us because they don't want people to listen to this and be like, well, I don't have that, and that is awful, and that's why I exist. And I want you to learn and be able to access information that puts you in a different position. But like most of us have access to safe food, safe water, We have a roof over our heads, you know, we have secure attachments, and we are okay. So now we have the privilege of being able to create a positive life. It doesn't actually come inherently natural to us. It actually comes as a challenge to everything we are hardwired to do. So people who are really positive, they've just been practicing it better. It's kind of like a muscle. It's kind of like having some memory and being able to flex that muscle. And my yellow Honda Jazz theory back when was the last time you saw a bright yellow Honda Jazz.
Speaker 4: I think I know where you're going.
Speaker 5: I promise over the next week you can see so many of them. You are going to see so many yellow Honda jazz Is. They are going to be everywhere. You know, that bright yellow Yeah, you know, go to.
Speaker 1: Me like, not that many people have them.
Speaker 5: That many people have them, but you're not noticing them because you weren't looking for them. So if we are not looking for something, we are disregarding it. But if we start to go, oh, I want more positive energy, or I want to really focus on good things.
Speaker 1: That happen to me.
Speaker 5: Beck, I'm so fluffy, and I have really been focusing on my mindset and I've been really focusing on, you know, embracing positive things.
Speaker 1: I literally have.
Speaker 5: A note pinned in my phone and it says, good things happen to me, And it's a list of things that are good that have happened to me, and I make a conscious effort to write them down. It could be Zara picked up a coffee on the way to work for me and that was really sweet, or it could be, you know, something really positive, like I got my dream client, but it's not about you know, how big or small they are. It's about making a conscious effort to reiterate to myself the good things that happening. Because when I'm reiterating that, I'm consistently looking for more good things to add to the list, and therefore my life is becoming more positive because I'm searching it out.
Speaker 1: Beck. That's beautiful, Vda.
Speaker 5: So it's not just about you know, positive vibes and like, that's where I'm at in my journey right now. I want to make sure that I'm really focusing on the positive because when I'm focusing on the positive, I am happier and kinder and all of these other things. And I feel like that's the energy I want to be bringing into the room every day. But you might say, well, I really need to save or I really need to invest, and that's where we really want to focus on. You know, maybe you have a list and it's like, I'm really good at saving, and you like, make a list of all the good things that you did that are positive steps towards that saving skull. Yeah, you know you might, Beck, And I'm going to use you as an example, be like, oh, v I didn't buy coffee again today. That might be small to other people, but to you, like, I know that's a lot, Like you love a coffee, and I think that it's so important to be like, yeah, I actually upheld my savings goal, or I you know, it was able to chuck an extra five bucks in here, Like let's find small good things. Yeah, because we are so used to telling ourselves these negative stories and we are so used to confirmation bias that And I'm going to use you as an example again because you've spoken about it before. You have said before on this podcast, Victoria, I'm so bad at money, Yes, but you're not. You're just seeing all the things. But like you have set up so many cool things this year to put yourself in a better position, Like you have a new job, you've got a great income, You've started to really prioritize your savings. You have done all these great things. I would argue that you're not bad at money, you're just not on that journey and so far down the line that you've got you know, mass amounts of savings and your investment and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But like you're investing, you're saving your money.
Speaker 5: I know you're transferring the money for coffee, like little things in the right direction. But like you're good at this thank YOUVD, You're not searching for confirmation of that. You are probably so hard wired to start searching for things that reiterate old you. Yeah, like, if you hypothetically fell off the bandwagon and bought a coffee, you'd be like, of course I did. I'm Beck, and that's just what I do. Instead of going, oh my goodness, I fell off the bandwagon, New BEC wouldn't do that. New Beck would have X, Y Z, and New Bec would be celebrating the smaller wins like that are along the way on the savings journey.
Speaker 1: Does that make send?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 5: So it's not whether you want to be more positive or manifest you know, heaps of savings like Beck, If you said I'm going to start manifesting savings, I would be like, well, you're not setting yourself up for success, because success actually has a step by step plan. Yeah, right now, you're gonna let somebody else take the credit for your good change.
Speaker 1: Huh No, Yeah, absolutely not so.
Speaker 5: I think it's not so important to start talking about you know, what this actually means for you and all of these manifestation people online who are like, oh my god, I manifested this, girl. No, you did, didn't manifest it. You just wrote down a plan and then you made that plan happen. How many times have you heard people on TikTok talking about I manifested this because I journaled every morning goal You sat down and you reiterated your goals.
Speaker 4: In the morning exactly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, seriously, Like that's easy feet, that's no easy feet.
Speaker 1: But you're not giving yourself credit.
Speaker 5: You're like letting this fluffier version of you know, goal setting guide your reality.
Speaker 1: And that's so nice.
Speaker 5: But like vision boarding, Yeah, that's not manifestation, that's action planning. Yes, that's so, that's your planning what you want your dream life to look like, so that those steps you're taking every single day are easier to understand, easier to visualize. Like, you know, this coffee thing for you if you are literally cutting coffee and you feel like you're missing out Beck, but you had his vision board with really pretty images that reiterated I'm going to go to this festival and I'm going to you know, live more of my dream life and have some savings to go on a holiday.
Speaker 1: With my girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Jess, like if you saw that every day, would not not reiterate why the plan is working?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then you would be doing those things day to day without even realizing.
Speaker 5: Really, it's not or I don't think it's manifestation. It's literally you just did some goal setting and you found a fancy way to call it manifestation. And we don't need to reach out to a higher being to help us do this, because you're the being that does it exactly.
Speaker 4: The power is within you, Okay for you. So TikTok says, you can just think your way to wealth.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I've been thinking real hard.
Speaker 1: You've been thinking really years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I still have like seventeen dollars.
Speaker 1: We haven't manifested hard. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I think I haven't been manifesting and thinking hard enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What does signs say? And can they answer the one burning question, which is why am I not rich?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: Let me try and answer that.
Speaker 5: I guess we're goin to scientific and behavioral site perspective. Manifestation quotation marks is when we engaging in a series of I guess psychological and neurological processes. I'm done with that. It's actually how our brains filter information, which influences our behavior, which then shapes the way that we make decisions. And we are reinforcing the ones that we want to keep and not reinforcing the ones that we don't want to keep. Sure, so like we are reinforcing processes that are stepping in the right direction. And I guess if we look at the process of what actual manifestation looks like or how it can work, is you're kind of like priming your brain so that you are now noticing more bright yellow hondageazzes. You are now noticing more money related opportunities. You are now you know, consistently filtering information or manifesting what you want to focus on, Like you are actively trying to seek out the thing you want more of. And that's really cool. So I guess if you said av you know, why don't I reach it? Don't know how to answer that yet for you, Beck, but I do know how to say, I want to get richer. That's fantastic. You're going to start manifesting or you're going to start prioritizing the question of like I want to increase my income, and you're consistently looking for opportunities to do that, and your brain is going to start highlighting you know, maybe a new job opportunity because that would increase your income. Maybe you know salary discussions and you're maybe searching out content online for that. Maybe you are looking at investment opportunities, or even like you're more likely to leap to doing some short things on the weekend, like I know that you do like little jobs here and there for your friends and family, Like you might be more willing to take that on because you're like, yeah, I want more money, like I'm manifesting that. So then this job felt like, oh, you're manifesting it. But if somebody else had asked you, i'll beck on the weekend, could you give me a hand doing this, I'll give you fifty bucks, you might have been like, oh, it's not really worth it, like CBS and doing something else.
Speaker 1: But if you're really focused on making someone.
Speaker 5: You're like, oh, I was saying this week that I wanted to make more money, and then this opportunity manifested itself into.
Speaker 1: My life for Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, Like.
Speaker 5: You're seeing things differently. And the reason for this is ras so ARES is the reticular activating system and it basically acts as like a little gatekeeper, like they're the doorman, and they are prioritizing what you think is important and bringing it in and then also being like, nope, you're not wearing any shoes, you can't come in the pub, and kicking things out really quickly, so we're not even considering them. So it's so important because by having this system, and it's not you actually having to do this, this is actually how your brain works. We're actually strengthening our belief in what isn't isn't achievable, which ultimately is going to boost your confidence. And we need to reiterate these behaviors right Like I would argue again using you as an example, that you're more confident with money now, and it doesn't mean that you have millions in the bank, but it means that you're probably more likely to make smaller money decisions with less stress because we are really focusing on that positive stuff.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't manifestation.
Speaker 5: It was you creating a plan and starting to reinforce that the plan is working because you're working on it, and that actually means that you're changing your narrative and you're not bad at money, thank YOUVD, but that is for everybody. That's not just a bech thing, that's all of us. I was doing a live webinar last night and I was talking to a whole heap of people about like budget and cash flow and just we're not giving ourselves enough credit for the small wins because I think so often we're comparing ourselves to other people who are close to us, who might be better at money. And I know you've mentioned before, Oh, my girlfriend's really good at money, so your benchmark might actually be however many savings your girlfriend has, sure, and then you look at yours and go, I'm crapp in comparison, But.
Speaker 1: Like that's not true.
Speaker 5: Like you are on your journey and she is on hers, and she might be like fifty hours into the road trip and you're like half an hour in, and then you're like, why aren't I further Like because you haven't done the driving yet, beck like you've got to spend the time doing it, and these small steps in the right direction.
Speaker 1: One day you look back and go, oh, my.
Speaker 5: Goodness, I drove from Melbourne to Queensland, Like that's wild. But it didn't feel that way. Yeah, so I think it's so important to really embrace this because if you're truly believing that you are capable of building wealth, then you're more likely to step into places that help you do that. You're more likely to negotiate a pay rise, you are more likely to apply for a higher paying job. You're more likely to stop yourself when you want to dip into your savings because you're like, no, that's not worth it because it's not in line with what my bigger goal is or what I'm trying to achieve.
Speaker 1: And why the placebo effect. Yeah, literally the policy place ebo.
Speaker 5: It shows that belief alone can change your legit psychological and behavioral responses. Research that essentially takes one person Beck and another person. They're both like, have a bit of a headache. One of them gets panadal, the other gets are smarty, but they're told it's panadal. They both have no headache caft. Yes, Like, that's how I want my money to work. I want you to tell me I can do it, and then I want to inherently believe it. And if that means I'm eating as smarty, I don't mind. It's like those melotonein gummies, like you know, the ones that you have at night help you sleep.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they work. I actually don't.
Speaker 5: Well, I continue to take them absolutely. They're just part of my little process right now, and I believe that they help me sleep better. And I don't even care if you say that they don't work, no, because they are working for me absolutely.
Speaker 4: The other night, I actually rolled over and I took an eyebroprofe thinking it was a little one of my sleeping helpers, and then I drifted off into the most beautiful deep sleep. And then I woke up in the morning it was ybroprofen that I turned around. I was like, oh my god, I did even have on. But I had the most RESTful scene in my life that.
Speaker 5: If you believe you can at leave, you can cheer, believe you can you cheat.
Speaker 1: You trick yourself.
Speaker 5: You've got to trick yourself like Gaslight, gay keep girl Boss exactly.
Speaker 1: Do it to yourself, not to others exactly.
Speaker 5: And I think that that way right, we're creating an action orientated mindset, like we are actively trying to work towards this like a manifestation. When we start talking about these genuine psychological phenomenons and we are starting to talk about, you know, the science behind the placebo effect and all of that.
Speaker 1: You go, well, manifestation, that's a bit of fluff.
Speaker 5: I'm a research girlie, Like, I am not the type of girl that is going to be like, oh yes, I'm going to skip down the road and I have my green smoothie and manifest my dream life. Like, sorry, that's not for me, and that is so fine if it is for you. One of my best friends does that and I love it for her and she's like, you're gonna think it's bullshit, but yeah, I am, but also love you love that this works for you exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think that that way.
Speaker 5: It's about making decisions in line with our goals and giving ourselves credit for that, not being like, yeah, I really manifested that. Wait, no, girl, you created a plan. You didn't just think it into fruition. You worked hard for that to come to fruition. And I guess when we quote manifest we can use affirmations like I am a rich man, I am financially successful, and I'm not being facetious. That's you psychologically reiterating to yourself a narrative that you want to become true. And if you write it down, if you speak it, if you consistently prioritize it, that will become your truth. Yes, that will become your reality because that is your focus.
Speaker 4: Someone said, someone offers you a cigarette at a party. This is very maybe not relevant to everybody.
Speaker 1: A cigaretteed aparty exactly.
Speaker 4: And there's definitely difference between girl, you're cool, you always say yes, es man, And if you say I'm not a smoker versus I'm trying not to smoke, then that changes.
Speaker 5: It changes something because that's actually not in line with my values.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if you're like the other one's leaving the door open. Yes, it's like I am a smoker, but I'm not. I'm trying not to right now, but I'm not a smoker. It's kind of like the really is power in words?
Speaker 5: One hundred percent there is, And I'm going to flip it back to finance, but this applies to your cigarette example. Yeah, Like there are studies on financial growth mindset, and they show us that people who believe that they can improve their financial situation they take more proactive steps towards their wealth. Because confidence makes us more likely to take financial risks. It means we're maybe going to start a business, or we might be happy to start investing, or we might ask for a pay rise. But by doing this and by believing that we can, like we are actually going to achieve that. And that's why whenever people say I'm not good at money, I'm like, you stop that right now, Like, you stop because that is not a thing. Like, there's no such thing as people who are bad with money. Like there are people who currently are not managing money in line with their values. There are people who are currently managing money in a way that they aren't happy with.
Speaker 1: We can change all of that. But bad at money, Like, what's that even mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like bad at it? No, absolutely not. You're adding an emotion to a tool. And right now, you know, you might be in massive consumer debt and you're like, v I am pretty bad at money. But yep, well, actually the reality of that situation is all you did was spend more than you earned.
Speaker 1: We just had an imbalance. Yeah, let's fix it.
Speaker 5: And I think that by doing that, you're giving yourself permission to not perpetuate this negative loop. Like I want to break that, Like I don't want to hear anyone saying they're bad at money.
Speaker 1: You're listening to a money podcast. You can't be that bad at it.
Speaker 5: True, you're clearly open to having this conversation. Do you know how many people until they're eighty bury their heads in the sand about finance and it detriments every single part of their life, Like they can't afford the cigarettes at the party? Beck, God, how do you offer someone a cigarette at a party if you can't afford to buy the debt for them?
Speaker 4: We're like one thousand dollars now.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Like I'm kind of glad because they don't want you guys literally getting cancer, Like yeah, you know how I feel about that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that's fine.
Speaker 5: But like, also you do you thank I'm all about giving you the education, yep. You being able to weigh up the pros cons make your decision that's in line with your values. Like how bad would it be if you didn't know that information existed? Like I feel like this is going back to like where my grandpa, sorry pop, he's not around anymore. He was like smoking from when he was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Like that was really positive for him, Like he would smoke at school, like he would do all of that and that was really normal, and then he did quit. But according to him, wasn't that bad because he never got cancer from it. Huh So according to him, it was absolutely fine. But growing up he didn't have any of the education and the privilege of knowledge that we have to make decisions in line with our values in the same way that we do today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same goes with money.
Speaker 5: Like if he wasn't able to access financial information, or anyone was then able to access financial information right now, you could google it.
Speaker 1: I have seven hundred free episodes to help you be really good with money. God, she's good.
Speaker 4: You're doing God work.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I'm trying, but you're not bad with money. Okay. End of stories.
Speaker 4: We have to stop saying that right now. So manifestation kind of works, but not because the universe is.
Speaker 1: Rarding your good vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but just because your brain starts working a way that makes financial success more.
Speaker 5: Likely one hundred percent. And I think that that is really sexy. But it is a choice. It's not some fluffy thing where you're letting it, you know, be up to the universe. As I said before, my mom and I used to say, oh my gosh, ask the universe do you know what I do still like, don't get me wrong, I do fluffy things. I know they're not real, though, Like maybe I need to buy more into it because like the placebo effect would have a higher value. I still believe in parking karma, Beck, Like if you let people merge in front of you, like that's like getting some points that go towards you being allowed to like get a really.
Speaker 1: Good spot at the supermarket. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: And like if we turn into a car park, anyone who's ever been in the car with me.
Speaker 1: I go, I beg. We're gonna have parking karma today, aren't we? And you have to say yeah? And if you say no, I'll be Beck. You're ruining it. You're ruining the vibes. We need positive vibes, Like I.
Speaker 5: Need you to also be on this train, Like we both deeply believe we are going to get a good park.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, never not had a good park.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm going to try that.
Speaker 5: We always believe if you tell yourself something, you're more likely to spot it. Obviously parking is really fluffy, but I think it's so important. Also give ourselves credit because I can say I manifested a car park.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't.
Speaker 5: Manifest a pay rise. You worked hard for that pay rise. You put time and energy and effort into researching it. You improved your confidence, so walking in the door wasn't overwhelming like you did that. Let's just leave manifestation for car parks and then we work really hard for positive things that happen in our lives.
Speaker 4: Yes, we made a plan, manifestation hard work. Well, I think let's go to a really quick break and absorble as information. Welcome back everyone. Okay, so v weinging straight back into it manifestation law of attraction?
Speaker 1: Is there a.
Speaker 4: Downside I could ever backfire?
Speaker 5: I'm assuming, Like gosh, I had to do some research because I'm like, I don't see how much could backfire if we are creating a plan and working towards it. But there's actually a study from the University of Queensland that found people who strongly believe in manifesting wealth were more likely to take financial risks full for get rich quick schemes, join multi level marketing compan maybe go bankrupt. So that's not that positive, Beck, But I think that that is a reflection of your trust, and we need to guard our trust very tightly. Like I was actually watching a TikTok the other day and someone said, like, those who trust easier, or like you know, are super kind and super easy to get along with to begin with, are actually easier to manipulate. And tho the people that are going to get taken advantage the most because you just immediately trust other people.
Speaker 1: And that's so fine. But that's why.
Speaker 5: Often people will say, oh, the nice people always get taken advantage of, Like, yes, because they genuinely believed that you had the same intentions as they did, and those intentions were really pure. Like I've heard so many times people might say, oh, Via, I can't believe they took advantage of me.
Speaker 1: I just didn't see it coming.
Speaker 5: It's like, that's awful that that happened, But that is actually a reflection of them and not of you, because you would never have done this, so you would just assume everybody else wouldn't do this, so why would.
Speaker 1: You think about it?
Speaker 4: Exactly? The tension always falls on the person who has taken advantage of, and never like, oh, isn't it weird that really awful people take advantage? They always say, oh, isn't it weird that nice people always get take advantage of let's put our attention on.
Speaker 5: The So we need to protect ourselves as well and make sure that our goals are in line with our values. I think in the finance world, like I have met so many people that have a sense of urgency. I have a sense of urgency for you, Beck, and that is for you to get your stuff together. It's not to see a financial advisor, get a professional involved, pay for something. If somebody is ever trying to get you to part with your money on a time crunchy, I promise.
Speaker 1: Don't have your best interests at heart.
Speaker 5: They have thisir whether that is a sale email in your inbox and that email is being like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, twenty four hours to go, Like, you better get in otherwise.
Speaker 5: You might miss out. They don't care if you personally missed out. They're trying to reach their sales targets. That was always about them and never about you. That's very true, and the same is true for finance products. The same is true for multi level marketing companies. The same is true for you know, going and taking additional financial risks without weighing up the pros and cons, Like you need to do your research as well, like, don't just trust what somebody says. And that's one of the reasons why, you know, I obviously have heaps of free resources on my website, but I will always tell you go to the money Smart website.
Speaker 1: It's non viaus. I didn't write.
Speaker 5: It's going to reiterate what I'm saying, and it's going to put you in a good position, because I don't want you to just trust me like I would love for that, because I know I have your best interests at heart, but I need you to go to market. I need you see lots of other things and know that what I'm saying is going to put you in a better position because I want you to manifest that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, So we know that manifestation can be helpful, but only when it's backed by action. So how do we actually use manifestation in a way that works?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: So if we want to use manifestation and goal setting to our advantage, I did a bit of research and there is a science back technique called whoop whoop whoop.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you say whoop whoop? I don't know?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but you can pick whatever you're more comfortable with. But it's honestly from all of my research and what I've been looking into, I was like, I'm going to find a really good plan. Like I'm not about things that aren't science backed, and it's so funny because I sometimes like to engage in them because they're fun. So you know, like the Mind's Breed typology indicator. Yes, yes, yes, So we do that in our office and it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: Like I love doing the personality quiz. Like my team and I we all have very similar personality, so we will talking about that and we're like, oh my god, we so similar haha. But like that is as legitimate as astrology and your horoscope that's written in the weekly paper. Like that has absolutely no scientific backing, but sometimes they're fun. But I really wanted to find you a science back technique to I guess implementing manifestation and implementing goal setting in a way that hopefully makes sense but also puts you in the best possible position to have literally your best year yet. So if you want to turn manifestation into genuine finance progress, we're going to whoop and whoop stands for wish. What's your financial goal? What is your wish, let's write that down outcome. Why does this goal matter? Like what's the outcome? Like you want to be better at money? But why if you don't know the answer to that? But like, if you have a wish and you don't have a reason why you want to achieve that, going to fall off the bandwagon real quick? Obstacle what challenges might actually stop you from achieving this?
Speaker 1: And then plan? So how are you going to overcome those challenges? So this was.
Speaker 5: Developed by doctor Gabrielle or Tengi, a psychologist who actually spent twenty years researching how people turn their dreams into action.
Speaker 4: Wow, she did the hard work.
Speaker 1: Why don't I come.
Speaker 5: Why don't you have a big book that's like really popular, Because that's a lot of time to spend on that, and like so many of us want to turn our dream into action. You've got twenty years of research. Y, speak up, louder, I know. But what she found Beck was just visualizing success is not enough, Like you can't just say you manifest it and think about it all the time. Sure, the people who actually achieve their goals are consistently positive thinkers about most things, but they are also strategic thinkers. So they are thinking about their plan, they are thinking about what might get in the way, they are thinking about how they're going to achieve this. They're creating a little outline of what steps they need to take. It's not just positive thoughts and vibes.
Speaker 1: Will carry you absolutely.
Speaker 4: And this is the thing is that, like, I feel like there's definitely a difference between toxic positivity. And I do tell my friends this when they're like, no good vibes only, I'm like, no, this.
Speaker 1: Way about to admit that they're a negative vibe.
Speaker 4: Base for negativity is a space for sadness, space for all the other emotions.
Speaker 1: When it comes to yourself and.
Speaker 4: Your own life, it actually matters what your internal monologue is. And you're just being kind to yourself.
Speaker 1: And I am.
Speaker 4: Already feeling empowered or not even at the end of this episode yet, but.
Speaker 5: I do feel like it helps, right because I'm all about positive thinking. I'm the same I hate toxic positivity. Like, you're gonna have bad days at work, and I want you to feel comfortable telling me about those bad day want flow.
Speaker 1: I want you to feel heard.
Speaker 5: I want your emotions validated, because once they're validated, we can move on from them because you Yeah, you're right, that is exactly why I feel that way, and this is how this works. And then oh, but I don't want to focus on it. What I want to focus on is X.
Speaker 2: Y or Z.
Speaker 5: Sure, So I think it's just so important to kind of have the mix and have both. So I guess to recap the WHOOP method is wish, outcome, obstacle, and plan, and I think that by doing that we could quote manifest way better.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love this, Honestly, I'm quite hopeful. I genuinely will try this. So V, what's takeaway from this all?
Speaker 1: Does manifestation actually work?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 5: I feel like I ruined it at the start of the episode by saying it was bullshit, But that's okay. It can work, but only if you are doing it right with a whole heap of other things around it. Like thinking rich is great, but that's not going to make you rich, but thinking ahead is what's actually going to build wealth and create the life that you deserve. And the best way to manifest money ultimately is.
Speaker 1: Let's set clear goals.
Speaker 5: We need to believe in ourselves, we need to reframe our thinking, and we are not shitty at money. We are actually really good at money, and we are just learning and we are at the start of our journey. So I feel like being able to I guess change your mindset is going to literally shift your money habits. Ultimately that means more money in your bank account and you will start creating real wealth.
Speaker 4: I'm really looking forward to this. I hope that you know, whoever's listening. If you're driving, don't do this. But if you're not driving your SAT or you're standing, just start writing this stuff down. Let's start with the whoop method. Actually no, I'm going to start with the Honda Jazz Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna look for the Honda jazz Is and then you're gonna be like damn vwers right. Probably should listen to that episode again and start quote manifestly properly exit. Also, can you DM me your pictures of the yellow Honda Jazz because like, I need to get those and then they fell off because I mentioned it so long ago, But like, you see a Honda Jazz, I'm going to need a picture of that to reiterate that my theory is a legitimate theory.
Speaker 1: Now it's some you know, hippie Dippy horoscope. All right, guys, if you.
Speaker 5: Have loved this episode as much Beck and I have loved bringing it to you, make sure to share it with a friend who's deep in the TikTok manifestation hole, and don't forget to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss an episode and we can keep bringing you the content that you know and love.
Speaker 1: See you next week, guys.
Speaker 4: Bye guys.
Speaker 6: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does.
Speaker 5: Not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision.
Speaker 1: If you do choose to buy a financial product.
Speaker 6: Read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial.
Speaker 1: Advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 6: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money. Sheper pty ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine.
Speaker 4: He could say