Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've had a good weekend. Come on in Jackie by Morning Team coome Morning Pats Pats.
Speaker 3: Good weekend, Yes, I had a great weekend. How come is the weather?
Speaker 4: Oh god?
Speaker 2: Pass time? Is it going to be like this all week for having a late summer this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to warm up thirty seven on Saturday?
Speaker 4: It might be Oh no, what about next Monday? Is my son's cow party.
Speaker 2: The long weekend? Is it the long weekend this weekend? Y?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, not sure.
Speaker 3: Jacket's only seven day forecast asks me tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Can't where my cow ones on a thirty seven degree?
Speaker 2: So are you indoors? Are outdoor?
Speaker 4: If you've got contingency the boat yard you need you need to have a plan inside.
Speaker 2: It's Melbourne joke.
Speaker 4: But cows live outdoors. I want to even get hay bells in the backyard or.
Speaker 2: They still have barns. You can turn the indoor into the barn. Okay, you go outdoors the free range. Will we come into the barn? How was your weekend? Because on Friday show you were talking about your big family weekend away down in Cape shank, But you decide I did it last minute to randomly invite some friend.
Speaker 4: Yes he was, he's visiting from America, and I thought, wouldn't he love to see more of Australia and come with us on our family holiday. And you guys thought that they would fall over and my family would say, why are you bringing.
Speaker 2: This random throw stones to him?
Speaker 4: And that only lasted for the first couple of hours, and then.
Speaker 2: Just the first couple of hours and scout your mom's scowling at.
Speaker 4: He charmed them. He really fit into the family. Everybody had a great weekend. And I tell you, what was the moment that we knew that Mum had accepted him? Was he We all had our rooms and he didn't get an extra room. He was just sleeping on one of the trundle beds. And at the end of Friday night when we went downstairs to go to bed, Mum and made up the trundle bed for him, tucked in the sheets, put the pillow.
Speaker 2: So cute. What even though she might have her feelings about it, his still needs to be tucked in at night. Well, it's not much fun if you're grown up and he's just flowing here from America to sleep on a trundle bed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, he woke up on the couch in the living room.
Speaker 2: Worst night sleep you'll ever have, those fold out trundle bags.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, how is your weekend great?
Speaker 6: We went for a road trip down to Point Lon Style on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's something like forty minutes from door to door.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I could see myself retiring down there.
Speaker 6: It is gorgeous down there, all right, Oh jess, it's an elderly population down there, isn't it though?
Speaker 4: Oh no, my friend just moved literally to Point Long Style.
Speaker 2: Patsy, You're right, there's a there's a pace to life down there that's set collectively by the inhabitants. I'm not saying it's wrong, No, there's no judgment down there, actually saying it's envious. When you go into an area, you go like, even before you see the old people, you know, oh people live here.
Speaker 3: It's just a vibeins it's fantastic.
Speaker 6: But I did say to Chris over lunch, I said, you know what this means, don't you. Lots of property is about to come up as I was rubbing my hands to.
Speaker 2: Get oh wow, hang around like gravesite. They're burying that one. See if we can get the dress now while they're still sobbing. What one less thing to worry about is if I take that house off your hands. That insists.
Speaker 6: But the road trip down, we're finding that we're having these constant fights about playlists, so we're taking turns. So Audrey just has it ear pods in. She's got her own Taylor Swift whatever. She does her own thing in the back seat. But Chris, fine, we're like the teenagers because we're having to take in turns. And his selection at the weekend, so his favorites weren't exactly anything I would listen to. So he likes the old krooners and he had Dean Martin Tiger yellow ribbon.
Speaker 2: Well. To be honest though, down that that could point lonsdown. You're already started to play the music for that. It's a sound track like a national anthem down there. Cruner FM around there, those old places.
Speaker 3: Morphing into the population down there. So it's always I don't know if you ever get it? What do you do?
Speaker 2: How do you we do? One each do you yeah, you take yes. Yeah. Same with the teenage as well. They play a new song, I play something and they always go, o, god, it's not old. Is it as old? It was as old? I don't know any new stuff. Have you heard the radio station I work for? If it's like it's new, if it's like twenty five years old. We only to start playing Ed Shearing when he came out here. Well actually after he left here, we so, hey, that new up and coming seems pretty popular. WHI should play some of his music? And then what is this she recorded in the car Patsy? Oh god?
Speaker 6: So Friday night we had the girls going out for dinner, one of Aud's, Audrey's bestie, it was her birthday, and we all went out, the families, all the kids, and we took the kids and this was the noise heading.
Speaker 3: To the Vestler.
Speaker 2: Is this in the restaurant?
Speaker 3: No, this is in the backseat of our car.
Speaker 4: God, this is indeed, man.
Speaker 2: This is a strange collab with the Backstreet Boys and Dino.
Speaker 6: If you are to relate though, with the girls and the just the noise and they just had the best time.
Speaker 3: We weren't going.
Speaker 2: To be honest though, Patsy you know, been around and whether that aged and they just have pure joy in a Yes, it's very hard not to get angry with though, isn't it. Can we half that joy? Just just bring that joy down a bit?
Speaker 5: Thank you about Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's play this week's one second winner. This is where we go back to a year and I play some big hits from that year, but it's just a one second clip. Jack and Pat's taking each other on. This week, we go back to nineteen eighty five. You were not yet in the world, Chuckie Boy and Bob Hawk was prime minister. Two billion people around the world watch incredible live AID concert with Queen the Hugh, David powe Out and John and lot more and producer Rio has thought. The other thing you need to know about nineteen eighty five is that Playboy magazine eliminated the staples in the centerfolds to make it easier to remove the poster without tearing the preacher have everything that went on that. Yeah, I'm not sure why Rio's fixated on that. Okay, all right, you're already nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Eighties hits, Oh.
Speaker 4: Simple mind don't you forget about me?
Speaker 2: Yes, come on back to you were there?
Speaker 3: I know I was a spit.
Speaker 2: All right? Who's this? Oh?
Speaker 4: What's love got to do with it?
Speaker 7: Thank you Turner, Jackie boys, All fine, feel free to play some morning that past I am?
Speaker 4: They say.
Speaker 2: Marconi plays a member? Is it Marconi? The inventive radio playing member of the band? Is it Macaroni? Missheards have started out a two hourisod? What's the name Marconey a mumber? Is it? Is it Marcone? Shout out, avenging the radio? Good on them? Window? All right, two one, let's see if pats he's got to come back in her? Who dis.
Speaker 3: Oh Prince Raspberry berat when.
Speaker 2: She's walking at him? All right? Too old to see? Who's got this one? Then? Who is this? From nineteen eighty five?
Speaker 3: Phil Collins studio?
Speaker 2: Just shout out to myself, a brand new studio? What on pat go come back pack? What is it a studio? What is he saying about? Is it a lady? Does you know? Mark coll me on the mat? Mom great early misheard though studios. She's thinking about a new studio.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Footy Back this Week could tell you about our footy Wall of Fame.
Speaker 4: It's rare in modern day that you try to google an answer to something and can't find it. So I need everybody's help today to figure out what is going on at the end of the Dingley Bypass. As we drove down the peninsula this weekend, we went past this scene. It's like two light aircraft rusting away in long grass, and then a two or three story pyramid next to it, and the whole thing looks like a scene out of Mad Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very strange, patchy, right, there's a busy old stretch there that Dingly Bypass, so it Lowest goes to school and all that every day, and every time I'm on it, I wondered, what's the story?
Speaker 4: Yes, how did they get there?
Speaker 2: There's something crash.
Speaker 4: It looks like the planes might have crashed.
Speaker 2: Landed there, like from one hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: And then it looks like a dystopian future, but only for this like twenty twenty meters.
Speaker 2: It's either a radiohead video from the nineties there's been a crash there, or it's a cult camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like they crash, it's a pyramid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is that? A lot of these cult leaders. They use pyramids a lot. Don't they love a pyramid? They're either satin one having sex with their followers. But there's there's a pyramid and there's nudity.
Speaker 4: It's as if the survivors of the plane.
Speaker 2: Is there a sex dingy. I'm just gonna say it now, call him.
Speaker 4: The survivors of the plane crash couldn't get off the island, and not like an island out of the ocean, but like the physical island in the middle of the road, and they built a pyramid to survive in.
Speaker 2: The plane crash. Something may have crashed on it. Because there's Marabin Airport where they have a lot of people on their l's do.
Speaker 4: They really Is that where you learn to fly?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, it's not uncommon for planes to come around sort of come down near there. You often see for the pyramids. Yeah, yeah, there's a little ding on the way down of them. When you're driving past Marabin Airport, you can spot like the learners, they're just a little bit wobbly coming in and you're like, bloody, yeah, I guess they've got to learn.
Speaker 4: The first time flying a plane. I mean, it's scary. The first time you drive a car, but the first time flying a plane is stupid.
Speaker 2: And you're alone up there. A friend of mine right his new thing last year, his news resolution was to learn how to fly right. And caught up with them about sort of a couple of months and two last year, and I said, how's it going with the lessons? He went halfway through the first one, I read, this is the end of it. He says, it's just so terrifying because you go up there and you're really close together and it are two seated things, you know, And he said, it's all there's the controls are just too floppy like they you know, And he goes, you ever go with this? And the thing that's sort of it's got, it's not sturdy with the runners. The runners all were just like not tightened up. It's all just floppy. And he just kept looking at this guy, going, please don't die up here. If anything, what happens, if something happens to you? How do I and I go home? Can I am I just flying forever like for years until it runs out? And then he ends up in that pyramid grade? Is it just another learner that never made it? So? Does anyone got any information. It's two really old knackered planes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're deteriorating, rusting away. Yeah, what are the planes doing there? And what's that pyramid?
Speaker 2: Pyramid?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack saw something over the weekend that, as to us single bypass regularly, are probably just switched off to it. But the first time you would have seen it you would have thought, what the hell is that? It's Egyptian pyramids? Is that sphinx? And then two have you? There is a sphinx? I think I've seen there.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a pyramid, two dilapidated aircraft and a bunch of other random stuff that doesn't belong on the end of the Dingley Bypass. What's going on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you drive past, Patsy, there's no signage.
Speaker 3: It's art, Darling, it's art. It's like that little mini motel at EastLink.
Speaker 4: I love that moti.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeh, what is that?
Speaker 3: It's an art installation?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't think this is an art installation. But honestly, Patsy, it's so random it can only be on Australia. There's sphinx, a pyramid and two knackered old sort then an army plane or something.
Speaker 4: I don't think this has been no given like done by a local council or by.
Speaker 2: The This is not a bank seat. This looks like some sort of fire festival. Always that's someone around money through some weird theme park or something. They were trying to build there and it just collapsed all of it, or someone got arrested. But something isn't right about it. It's not none of it's deliberate. Who got here in mail? Maybe she can tell us more, Come on in mail.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 8: How are you So?
Speaker 2: What do you know about the strangeness going on that Dingley Bypass? Yeah?
Speaker 9: So what's going on at the Dingley Bypass? Is it used to be an old paintball center?
Speaker 2: Well that is high concept. Why would you want to have all that's mysterious about the Egyptian pyramids staring paintballiphinxuch.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they used to have lots of different and it was a big business back in the late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so people with paintball right by the side of the road there.
Speaker 6: It never used to be the bypass.
Speaker 9: It literally used to be in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Thinking the bypass has always been there.
Speaker 4: It's a new bow park at one stage some planners have drawn and mapped right through the paintball field and they didn't knock down.
Speaker 2: The periods out of the way. So can you go paint still? Go paintball in there by the sphinxes and the older army planes.
Speaker 9: No, that one has been closed down for a long time, but.
Speaker 2: They are closed down. Don't have to clear it up or take that crap with you. You can't just leave it there. If you move our house, you know you have to take your stuff with you. It can't all just stay out the front.
Speaker 9: Well, obviously, when the government wants to put a bypass through, you might as well just leave your stuff behind.
Speaker 10: No points them.
Speaker 2: So can we just go and take one of those perilous can we have outside the front of heard of? The station would be a great talking point some ratdom magicians things to tell.
Speaker 9: I love seeing that go on your CARDI on the highway.
Speaker 2: We can tell it. Well, well, thank you very much. Out so actually it used to be a paintballing place. Yes, it surely did, thank you very much. Solving the mystery mel a brainer.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the question Okyl Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Footy is back this week Des in Sydney taking on Swans on Thursday night. We're excited and we want you get excited as well about our new thing we're doing this week, Footy Wall of Fame. Well thanks to Monic Paints, feel confident tackling your next painting project and achieving the perfect finish. Monarch Painting made Easy available at Bunning's Warehouse. Basically, we have a wall on a Ligon street and we're turning it into our footy Wall of Fame. There are eight spots we want you to us who should be going up there? Not just legends that we know about. I'm sure there will be some of those, but also once we don't know about it.
Speaker 8: Up the wallly online on streets, your foody heroes, the nuffies, the earlies, up on the way from groundsand to goods. Everyone is welcome, just not calling wood.
Speaker 2: All right? So who should be going on our footy Wall of Fame? Jack, you have a vision for one of the eight spots there.
Speaker 4: I suggested that we should put James Hurd winning the nineteen ninety six brown Low Medal. He did win joint with Michael Voss, but people don't remember that he sat out for three games with a broken toe, so if he hadn't played three more games, surely he would have scored at least one vote, making him the outright winner. So let's I'm not saying we rewrite history, just adbrush, We're just cropping out fossy for this one.
Speaker 2: Yes, zoom in unheard And how lovely it's so near Carlton Homeland as well to actually have that slur there. All right, So tell us then, who should be up on our footy Wall of Fame ninety four one four one oh four three legends and people who need to become legends that go up on the wall. Christian I will nominate my brother Mick Akinson Fear Footy Wall of Fame. My brother Mick has played an umpired of my seven hundred games combined. He's a life member of both East Warnaball Footy Club and in the District Ums Association. He's a die hard Collinwood supporter. Sorry, but he is so passionate about footy that if he's in Melbourne he'd always make a trip to go to the MCG. I think he goes there to pray. I love that maybe the painting is of him bowing down and praying this is mecha, Mecha CG. Andrew akincon that's lovely to let us know about your brother, Christian. I think Neil Danaher should be on the wall. It wasn't so much about his playing career, but what he has done afterwards with m MD for sufferers like him makes him one of the greatest legends of Australia of all time. Damien, that's a great shout. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Play a bit.
Speaker 2: Offhanded there about Paul Neil Danod's career.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So with Footy returning this week, we have our Footy Wall of Fame, the Wallly.
Speaker 8: Online on streets, your foody heroes, the nuffies, the earliest up on the wally, from groundsand to goods. Everyone is welcome, just not calling warn.
Speaker 2: All right, So who should be going out that we have enough room on this huge wall for eight spots and we are doing it like a wall of fame, and we just want to hear about legends that we know about. We'd love to hear about some local legends. It might be family members that deserve to be known about. Nine four one four one oh four three. I've got a couple of of They're not idea, it's really they're they're what artists would call visions. First of all, you want some of the eye catch as people are walking past and go, wow, we naked Camling. It's a vision of beautifulness. And imagine him rendered in monarch paints as well, just shimmering. It's like shimmering in the sun.
Speaker 4: Don't golden God, don't forget what we were told last week that we have to get the player's permission, Dear Camy.
Speaker 2: If you want Christian Matriga that we have to ask, and what ask his permission to be painted to do that, Dear Camling. The other one is beat in the locker rooms as people people looking around and shutting doors. I love it when when it's live and they go I'm here and the winning teams locker room and god, it's him and they shut it out there. Then I want a lovely team painting of the D's and underneath it saying everything is going to be okay.
Speaker 4: Culture at this club is I think, is going.
Speaker 2: To be okay. The D's two thousand. All right, let's take some of your suggestions now, Rio you know about someone at your old club, is it?
Speaker 10: Yes, every suburban footy club has an old guy that's been there for longer than anyone can remember, like a Huggy.
Speaker 2: This radio station is.
Speaker 10: Exactly like a hockey I imagine what Huggy is.
Speaker 4: Probably he actually pre dates gold. He was here before gold became gold.
Speaker 2: He built those pyramids that we were talking about earlier, but the actual pyramids, though.
Speaker 10: I was was Banger who was eighty Sorry he was not eighty five. He was eighty five.
Speaker 2: This isn't a story about his legendary sort of banging prowess, is he like?
Speaker 10: No, I think it was about sausages or something.
Speaker 2: So what do you want banging of a sausage up there?
Speaker 4: You already got Cameron got.
Speaker 2: Camly okay, but with a footy ball covering covering his greatness? Yeah, who is it? Banger?
Speaker 10: His aims Banger. I'm not entirely sure where the nickname came from.
Speaker 2: But he was like, I don't want to scandal man. And we find out midway next week it's a news story and we have to cover over.
Speaker 10: I think it's his scandal free. But he was there for at least thirty years at our old footy club. He did everything. He filled the water bottles, he ran the canteen. He made these like steak sandwiches that were famous because they were terrible because he just marinated them in just red wine. And I was like his signature marinad. So he's who I would want.
Speaker 2: And looking, what's up there? How's he looking? Banging?
Speaker 10: I would want banger like face near a barbecue with a bottle of red wine and a fistful of sausages and sort of eyes sort of looking towards the sausage.
Speaker 2: It's one eye on the soldiers on one eye on our site. Hey have a good day.
Speaker 4: So he's got.
Speaker 2: Eyes where he watched looking at KAMNINGO check out this, guys, Enough with Caten, Guys Fame.
Speaker 5: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Footie is back this week and we're launching our footy Wall of Fame. We're going to paint eight spots up there. It can be here, it can be a what should be up on our footy Wall of fame? Give us a called nine four one four one O four three. Christian, you have to put my favorite teacher from a high school the wall. Mister Noel McGavin. He was an old fitz Story player back in the day, big head of hair in the eighties. I think maybe one of the eighth spots should be best hair ever in footy, you know, like Peter Dekos, the Macedonian Marvel, amazing, big old hair on him. Christian our teacher that this mister Noel McGovern even used to have his own footy card that he used to get out of Showpeo what he used to be and then he'd done a complete one eighty to beat the high school it teacher. I've just had a quick google on that is some ahead of hair in the eighties. Chuch of art God funking about him in that old classick Fitzroy shirt as well. This is a great one of these legends that we don't know about.
Speaker 4: It's still hard to believe that before the nineties, AFL players or VFL players still had to hold down regular jobs. There's this famous Tigers player called Francis Burke and he was my parents' accountant.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, and then playing at the weekend and big game.
Speaker 4: And then playing on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, this is the want to hear about these people like no one Will Gavin nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning Owen, Christian Owen, who should go on our foot to you all the fame? Mate?
Speaker 11: I'm tired with a guy named Glenn Maxwell, the Australian cricketer.
Speaker 2: Yeahs was called big show, wasn't he. Yeah he was yep yep, and he could have gone to the AFL as a goal umpire. I bet he.
Speaker 4: Regrets the moment.
Speaker 2: He could have been the next race of Ray. Well, you know we wanted to play a bit of cricket. I think he made the right career he did. Yeah, I think he were the right side of the slide indoors. Yeah, he'd be great one up there, big show. He'd be good up there in his cricket gear and we would sort of grown place works. Oh see, some kind of hybrid.
Speaker 4: It would confuse people, especially the first one earth was going on and one of Australia's best cricket Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh and thank you very much, great suggestion though, thanks for calling. Was he working out or in a cold shower? Pam, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: I want to nominate my nephew, Malcolm lynch Well.
Speaker 2: Tell us about Malcolm lynch.
Speaker 9: Well, he played for the Western Bulldogs North Melbourne Port Melbourne when they won a premiership and he now works for g WS.
Speaker 4: Wow, we I don't remember Malcolm. How many games did he get under his belt?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: None as many as what he might have wanted.
Speaker 5: But he, you know him, do too bad?
Speaker 2: And do you think for some there just pound the way this has weren't this wall of fame? I don't realize that. We were told by the legal team last week that we have to ask everyone's permission before we start painting them. Do you think that we're being painted?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's good to get that one in advance with some of them, isn't it.
Speaker 4: What do you imagine the picture of Malcolm?
Speaker 9: Well, Malcolm actually got to go to Antarctica and he got to.
Speaker 2: Kick I know these training camps can care very controversial. We all know this.
Speaker 9: He actually got to kick a football in Antarctica on the ice with his Port Melbourne football jumper on.
Speaker 2: That's got to be help there. Then, Wow, that's a great one. Pa come in the middle as well. He's got to be in the middle of the whole wall.
Speaker 4: Was there other footballers down there or is he just kicking the footy to a penguin or something.
Speaker 9: No, no, he got to go for this. It was called Cool School Antarctica, so he got to represent Australia. It was this climate change you know, thing about Antarctica.
Speaker 2: Nobody wanting to put it into a cont fluidy guy. Oh yeah, I get it, David trying to go it from Marke.
Speaker 4: The conditioners lesson summer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and can I also add he was the first indigenous person to ever set foot on Antarctica.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is an incredible story.
Speaker 9: Yes, very proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah you should be so. Malcolm Lynch, Yes, yep.
Speaker 9: Just google him and you'll see he's all over there.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. Well there's some palm. Thank you very much for letting us know about the legend that is Malcolm Lynch. No worries, All right, thanks Pam.
Speaker 10: Let's go guys.
Speaker 2: That's the right pleasure that's going to Ian. Now, good morning Ian, Christian.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, So our footy Wall of fame. We're hearing about some great names. Now, who can you tell us about?
Speaker 11: Well, no, want to know his name, My dad, Vic Sayer his name was and what he did? He did the original tooling for the brand low middle and the Premiership Cup.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 11: Though he worked for a gentleman called KG Luke who used to be the president of the then VFL. In fact, they had a stand out at Waverley named after kg Luke. But yeah, dad was the toolmakerhead toolmaker there and he sent my brother up the street to the baby health center that was near our house to get some oak leaves. And those oak leaves are still surrounding the base of the Premiership Cup.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't know that one. An amazing part of footy history.
Speaker 11: Your dad is, yeah, so I'm yeah. We also came by a couple of little trinkets that we shouldn't have, which is at a bronze medal from the nineteen fifty six Olympic Games with no one's name on it, and we've got a little medallian for the premiership. They used to give the players the Premiership medallions and we've got one there for Collingwood for nineteen seventy five. Only thing is Colinwood didn't win that sort of collection.
Speaker 2: Not there, I isn't it.
Speaker 4: I guess if your daddy is making brain holds all the time like us, make one.
Speaker 11: Okay, just a bit of history. Yeah, so I wouldn't find nominating help me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, picture the brown and you do out there. That's great. Ian, thank you very much your story of a good day, no worries. Keep this coming. You can text me oh four seventy five O three one oh four three? Who or what should be on our footy Hall of Fame brower.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o' carl show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Monday morning. We love to hear what happened to you this weekend? Tell us about your weekend in six words?
Speaker 10: Sad Christian test.
Speaker 8: Using six words or less? Telling about your weekend?
Speaker 10: Was it not? Did you go to Hens?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 2: We've updated these?
Speaker 11: Bring one?
Speaker 2: What's it zen? When we ever heard anyone on the Monday? My weekend was so just so za?
Speaker 4: What did you do? Zen?
Speaker 2: Total zen? Jackie boy? What it's your six ord weekend?
Speaker 4: I'm still yearning for Puppa's approval.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: I was surprised this weekend that I still how important it is for me to get a pat on my back from my dad in a sporting context, because we played golf together and when I was growing up, my dad was like this sporting hero of the he had trials for.
Speaker 2: Was it the Blues?
Speaker 4: No, he played two games for the Collingwood Reserve, and then he was this hero of suburban football. All these photos I remember of my dad when I was younger. You know, he's in his football jumper, metal hanging around his neck. At home, we had trophies up, so I had a lot of my childhood was like trying to impress my dad with sporting skills. And then you kind of grow out of that new teenageers and you're like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so you think, spoiler alert, you out of them.
Speaker 4: Ever, because I played golf with him on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It was just the first time you both played golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never played golf with him before. I'm only knew to golf. And in the last few months, me and dad on a team against Bianca and our other friend. I couldn't believe what it stirred in me to hit a good shot and for my dad to give me approval and to go so sweet even just haven't even go like yes, jack out. I was like, oh my god, I've made daddy.
Speaker 2: Proun It really such a TV advert? Is it that kind of moment.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's important to you anymore. But even at thirty six, it's still important to you. I said to Bianco as like, I didn't tell Dad that directly, but I said to Bianca as we were going to sleep that night, I was like, I really found it nice for my dad to give me approval on the golf course. She goes, that's so funny. I felt the same thing from your dad when he said something nice about my golf swing. It stirred something nice inside of me.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, even in our sort of adultness, how you still want there's some child and you that's still desperate for mum and dad's approval. Yes, you must still get this, Patsy, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: It just I don't know. It's like a boost of sunshine, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell us a story of your weekend in six words. Sharp pieces, oil decks, oil stall over myself, Wait, you kind of self farnished. She got some nice moisturizer last year the week and if it's a bit rainy today, you don't need to worry. You're all good. Tim's had a great weekend. Father, some weekend in New Zealand, someone anonymous here played cricket got flogged yet again. Another one here, knee injury. The fox is down, The fox is down. Put that in knee sports headlines at eight Patsy still can't find passport. Very frustrating. I'm guessing that's somewhat That is very frustrating, isn't it. I mean, there's a flight right now that's still been calling you for the last week. You've hidden it somewhere, isn't it. I'm a once my wife and I went on holiday somewhere and it was the area was staying in with his Airbnb, and it was in a we didn't realize it was in a very very as my wife said, Chris, this is an undesirable area. It was one it was so cheap, you know that no alarm bells. I can't believe our luck. There's no luck with stuff like that, is there. It's just because it was like no one wanted to stay there, and so it didn't. This is a lot of thing. We were like, what are we going to put the passports? You know, and so I thought it was a great idea to put them in the oven. And suddenly a week later, the bloody are those passports? And you're looking in obvious places and then our obvious place. But at no point did I think oven. The oven very frustrating. That was so I get the frustration. They're very frustrated trying to find those passports.
Speaker 4: But at least the undesirables didn't.
Speaker 2: Get the last place you're going to look at the oven? Have you checked the other by the way you were looking for the passport? You know you put it in the grill the top bit. Christian mopped the house twice, hashtag winning Santa on a weekend. You live in the dream. My friend, I moped the house on Friday, and I've decided need new mops. So if anyone's got any recommendations, do please let me know. But one's got this cheap old mop bucket that's got no foot pedal to do that, sure, you had to do you just have to sort of ram the mophead trying to had to just do it by hand every few mops and stuff like that. So anyway, that's enough mop talk for today. My six word weekend is never had a burger until eighty one? Get alone in this thene So Sarah's Auntie is over visiting a moment. She has eighty one years of AA has got an incredible zest Foraly. So we picked her up Saturday morning. She's flowing over by herself, three flights to get over and she's eighty one. And anyway, yesterday I said, you know what, We're just going to get a takeaway. Okay, wife and I were just too busy to cook. It's really nice to speak to a visitor like that. After two days, you know, you've made all that effort and I can't bother to make any So I said, you know what, I'm just going to go and pick up some burgers, and not from grills about five minutes away. I've never had a burger.
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Of course you've had a burger, so it's not something exotic about it. And she's not fancy or anything far from it. I quite rough stock, actually, so I said, we've got to fix that. You've never had a burgers. The people always people always trying to get because they're nice.
Speaker 10: Is what.
Speaker 2: They're so big all over the world burgers. I went, you know, you can't wrap your head around it, like has you got to eighty one? You know when curage because they're not.
Speaker 4: Actually found it had to avoid a burger. Yes, in a week you go again.
Speaker 2: Oh you like Patsy there. You always just deliver, don't they whether you're making them. I'm so don't a way, let's let's correct this right now. I'll get your burgersh Oh, how do you have them? I went in the bath, you know, do you want cheese on it? And she went should I have cheese? And went, I think some cheese, some onion, some ketchups. Anyway, I get this burg and I think because everyone's like, I'm like, the kids come out here. She has never had a burger. Is she's like been on the moon or say, get a photo of her saying it, film it or something. But on TikTok. So we're all looking at her at the budget six people. What do you think she's like this to chewing old people? Takes a word. It's not chewing out. Oh my god, this will be an hour joy. She has that quart of it and she sort of pushes it away. She did not the boger. She had a core of it. Okay, the rest of your weight club dogs, I couldn't believe they like a little Sunday Tree, Wow, grilled burger the last day of the Ruin Empire.
Speaker 4: Hard to watch a grking like have a gawking family watching you into it, though.
Speaker 2: But she didn't care. Eighty one years she goes, I think I'm all right without them. I'm never gonna have another one again.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian I actually actually have just checked my oven for the past but it wasn't in there. Good luck I heard you get it. Question my weekend is six words? Drove kids, drove kids, drove kids? Touch your weekend? Cony resting in bed with shingles fever. Oh that's not fun. That's from Michael Pope from Los Angeles. Now, mister Pope, are you from LA but here in Australia or aren't you listening to the show in LA? So many big questions. Scott and MIM's wedding absolutely amazing. Over reviews have just come in from Matt love you to hear and Matthew Lambrick proposed to my partner on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, we don't know, she said here. You wouldn't text the radio station though, I don't be surprised.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised what I see on this machine here, you'd be very surprised. Jack, you don't hear the ones that I don't read out you take some of the calls. I'm sure I'd be surprised, and some of the stories that don't make it to air. What we're saying here is you'd be surprised. All right. So Auntie Sheela never had a burger. Yesterday was the first day. She's eighty one years of age, never had a burger before. Do you remember last year we met a lovely woman called Pam.
Speaker 4: I think she was I got to feel she was in her eighties.
Speaker 10: Two rio you went and yeah, she was definitely eighty and she was lovely and she had a.
Speaker 2: You don't know, we weren't when you were saying that she needs to tang on. She was love at the end that we think eighty year olds are criminals.
Speaker 10: She was lovely, really nice and eighty that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And she never had pizza before.
Speaker 10: Never had pizza. We gave her a margaerite to pizza from.
Speaker 4: Granny, Yes, and then you went over and filled it to its thing.
Speaker 8: You're in her house you're yeah, yeah, he was quite minimum in the background.
Speaker 2: It's all started to come along now when we like get it all there. And he didn't really have much to say.
Speaker 4: Whose old person tells me that that you did number two in there tour?
Speaker 2: That was lik week.
Speaker 10: No, I know you mean, because what I mean, I'm just giving a person a piece of what to.
Speaker 2: Say, Sam matt a lot more with it. You give that guy canvas as blank hit painting a masterpiece every single day, all right, whether he's got like crenturions dressed up at the field and Brisbane, wherever you put that guy, it was just great. It was minimal what we got from you.
Speaker 10: There was a lot I remember, there was a lot of her just chewing.
Speaker 2: Commentary commentry. Never go into football commentary, but it sort of speaks for itself. God, this happens for the next two hours. Prince repeat, Rince repeats, anyway, what have you not done?
Speaker 5: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Matthew's partner said, yes, by the way, yeah that was a cliffinger. That is great news. Congratulations and Matthew Lambrick. And also it's Michelle not Michael Pope in Los Angeles or of typo there Gooday, Christian in La, it's missus, not mister. My dad however, did want to call me Michael when I was born, so he called me Michelle, the girl form of Michael.
Speaker 4: I would say, MICHAELA is more.
Speaker 2: It's the colomist border Christians. So I guess it's magpie logic. Such a thing. Hi, it's time for brand new misheard lyrics. It's just another miss hurdanay, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. Every Monday on the show we play about your brand new miss hurd lyrics. Thank you very much if you want, who emails them in? Whenever you mishear them? Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, still going strong, Thank you very much. As always, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au is where you send them. In last week Hall of Famous Acts, you played them back. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you all to hear this if we don't, And for the Great Ones Hall of Fame. Last week a Hall of Famer went to Mark Miller for Something About You by Hayden James. Maybe let's talk about shoes this time at Shoes All right, let's get into this week's Demian Bishops got this one from Green Day, from the song dilemma. I was sober, Now I'm drunk again. It's the original line, or it is it? I was seven now I'm drunk again. Yeah, Sharon's got this classic from Boston. More than a feeling, more than a feeling when I hear that old song they used to play. Listen carefully to this one, or is it more than a feeling when I eat my own toenails. I'm sorry, that is a really good one. More than a feeling when I eat my own toenails. That is a great one. Thank you very much, Sharon, all of favor, fell heart King. I wish all thinking by go West. I don't need to fall at your feet.
Speaker 10: I don't need.
Speaker 2: Or is it I don't need to polish your feet.
Speaker 5: I don't need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, audio slave, your time has come and your time has come? Or is it your tiny scum and your tiny scum? What about this one? Nellie Fado turn Off the Light by Nelly Fotado Bang a song from James Morgan. I looked above the other day, or is it I lit a bum the other day? Naughty Nellie she licked a bum the other day, James, we're hearing it.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much, a Hall of famous and also the missus as well. Every day whenever you hear or miss here, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a youth.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Great News Footy is back. Uh Thursday night all kicks off again. The song's taken on the T's and then some big games over the next couple of days, Lines and Blues on Friday Saturday, two huge games Suns taken on the Tigers and the Giants and the Pies. We're playing on Saturday as well. So this week then we're doing our footy Wall of Fame. We have a wall. It's on Lygon Street and it's going to be starting painted next week. We've got eight spots on our footy Wall of Fame. Who what do you want to go up there? Now? We're looking at Tarbus legends that we don't even know about. We're getting a lot of the normal big names that we know and love and maybe they go up on the wall. But we've got eight spots. Be greatfull. We put some people up there. That we don't know about that deserve to be known about on our footy Wall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Am on the.
Speaker 8: Wallly, online on streets, your foody heroes, the Nuffies, the earliest up on the walley, from groundsand to goods. Everyone is welcome, just not calling now.
Speaker 2: If you're going to paint a footy Wall of Fame, you need first class material. Some Picasso used to use monic paints and that's what we're going for with monic. Feel confident tackling your next painting project and achieving the perfect finish. Monic painting made easy availables at Bunning's warehouse. Now it's it's to Pam earlier. Let's get Pamba. She was telling us about some incredible story.
Speaker 9: Pam, I'm here, Pam.
Speaker 2: Great now, a whole lot of new people listening right now. Tell us about your nephew. You're very proud of them, righting.
Speaker 9: So Malcolm Lynch, Yes, he has played for the Western Bulldogs North Melbourne, Port Melbourne, currently works for j w S and actually kicked the football in Antarctica.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. We found some footage of this. Haven't listened unless you've probably seen it.
Speaker 6: This is the first Australian football game in the Antarctic guys.
Speaker 2: And having this list. I think it's him trying to move with all that heavy gear to have stopped freezing, kicked a point and everyone was getting very excited about in Vegas way bigger move around, all that gear on, all the layers layer.
Speaker 4: It's grateful, rugged up in on the sodium. But then he's got his poor Melbourne jumper pulled over the top of it all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, got to show the footy jumper.
Speaker 2: Now, Pam, we loved hearing about your nephew Malcolm Lynch, and we'd love him if he's okay with it and you're okay with it, to be up on our Footy Wall of Fame, the very first one we're going to paint next Monday.
Speaker 9: Oh fantastic. That is just so good.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what we want on our footy Wall of Fame. So people like Malcolm Lynch that we don't necessarily know about, they've got an amazing story.
Speaker 9: Yes, he's sued us, he sued us.
Speaker 2: Now are you in regular contact because we have to have obvious here. You can't be just painting anyone up on the wall. These days and you know, we have to have his permission. He might not want to go up on the wall, but we just need to Are you in contact with him?
Speaker 9: Oh, I am, I'll have to bring him.
Speaker 2: But I think it's a phone call. You can't just text someone and go hey in Melbourne.
Speaker 9: Actually, at the moment he's on doing a high cup at Mount Kososco.
Speaker 4: He's probably this guy's mad where.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's for the footy club for j w S. They doing a fundraiser for the around he's programming.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, great guy, So you need to try and get older. It's upper mountains.
Speaker 9: He absolutely all right.
Speaker 2: So listen, we're good to go. We just need you to speak to Malcolm and check he's okay for us to start painting.
Speaker 9: Okay, I shall yep.
Speaker 2: The other thing just so we can get the artists already and stuff like that. What do you think the image is? What what do you think should be up there?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: I think the one an image of him in Antarctica kicking the footy. I think that's just amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I think we should use some creative licensing. In the background, you can see like a polar bear and penguins and that's going up for the.
Speaker 9: I think they have polar bears down at Antarctica.
Speaker 4: Said Creative License.
Speaker 9: Killer whales.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, we're.
Speaker 2: Fine tuning all of this. Okay, maybe a dinosaur chat there or something.
Speaker 9: That you guys crack me up.
Speaker 2: Thank you. When now, obviously we've got a lot of things. You've got to get moving on. Now when do you When do you think today you're going to call him?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm currently at work. I have to wait because I have clinics to open.
Speaker 11: What are you?
Speaker 2: Are you a doctor? What are you doing?
Speaker 9: Oh? God, no, I'm working out patients. So clerical.
Speaker 2: Ah right, they're all working and at the door, are they?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Eight thirty right, okay, have you got a tea break or a coffee break? At eleven?
Speaker 9: I have a tea break about nine thirty.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about calling Malcolm?
Speaker 9: Then I shall absolutely great.
Speaker 2: This is good and then let me know. You call Malcolm, you get the yes, and you call me and then I can call the artist. No worries, got chaut to you at nine thirty five. Go, thank you bad bye.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll give you way another spot tomorrow on our footy Wall of Fame. So there's anyone you think should be up there, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au god one a four point three brand new time wasted coming up in five minutes time. Yesterday morning, wife and I are out about and we just rushed out of the house in our time, how breakfast. And so you get to that point about nine o'clock, we're likes, there's a macas five minutes from here. We go to the drive through and it's one of those where it starts off with two lanes and it merges awkwardly. People don't want to let anybody in today, that Marcus, because I've ordered them getting that food someone else behind. We can let you, not me. Do not think where you pretend you haven't seen them.
Speaker 4: You know that you don't even look.
Speaker 2: Around, have a look through that window over there, some other dashboard. But you're like, you know, maybe they think we just haven't seen them all. We have very bad lobe or every vision anyway a car. It became very apparent from the honking of horns and people getting out and chatting to someone and that someone had broken down in one of those lanes and can you imagine, I don't know, such a thing that could happen because you break down wherever the chaos it caused because.
Speaker 4: There's no going backwards all forward.
Speaker 2: You've got hungry people early in the morning, so it's a bad scene already, right, and they've ordered so they're getting something. There's stomachs like wedsn't coming, and there's a guy broken down, and people trying to be supportive but in a very passive aggressive way. One guy just was like, guy, to open up the bonnet, sure he could have a look and it was clean, not a mechanic, just like you just try and get it moving. They were like, can we just push you? But what then had to happen? People had to start want to do reverse dominoes because that's a back up. But you know it's early in the morning, there's like ten twelve, Yeah, more cars are turning up where you go. You don't come backwards, and then this is a one way thing. You get your food and bugger off.
Speaker 4: The group needs a leader at that point to go and struct almost like a police chaos, yah chaos.
Speaker 2: And then as we get to pick up our food, my wife goes just to let you know, and they're going, yeah, we can see it, all right, it's clear. They're on cameras everywhere. It's clear. There's nothing else going on. It's like the noise out there is clear. Someone has broken down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And what's a fifteen year old who flicksburg is going to do about a guy who's broken down?
Speaker 2: And this guy was so zen. He was like a young hair cut toole. He was living in the moment. He didn't care about the past. He was doing nothing about it. And I didn't care. Was that you got the food or they get the hell out of it. This is somebody else's problem, all right. So I tim on the show, we're looking for your drive through stories. I wonder what else has happened at a drive through?
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: A World Intelligence Day. Five Smartest Countries in the World Australia twenty nine. Misa k uk is one behind. You were thirty not good Fridays. What happened there? Eh? Happened? Old Vickies are we arking over the ashes and that's that's fun for us. Meanwhile, who's in the top five? What do you think the smartest.
Speaker 3: People are I reckon Japan?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 4: Patsy Norway?
Speaker 2: No, what have they done for us?
Speaker 4: They always appear high on those lists. That is why I guess Finland is at number five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing in the same part of the world. Belarus, you wouldn't know where it is things part of the body. Just bash my Belarus. You can't come in today. Number three is China and number two South Korea. You don't have attention there, Okay, Uh make a movie. I think you wouldn't want to North Korea. That's smart that you need a difference though, huh, maybe there are a couple of smart ones here.
Speaker 6: What l i Q levels are on the team not.
Speaker 2: A measure of Internet.
Speaker 4: I was about to say the same thing that I thought that people who didn't score well.
Speaker 2: I'm two hundred and nine, well done. Not really, but that's smart to be able to do that quickly. That's street what I have street smarts. The rebel MC all right, so time wasted. They we're looking for your smarter movies. Take a movie and make it smarter. Come on, thicky Australians, try harder. Coning the Barbarian that's not smart, but it is strong. Coning the librarian.
Speaker 4: Civil Plus.
Speaker 2: Dark Knight rises, not that smart. Dark Knight revises, he's ready for his his He goes flash guards, test me gold RoboCop. That is not smart. It's the robot police officer, robo Copernicus very smart. What he saw with that telescope changed astronomy as we knew it.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 2: We brought a zoo. Okay, a bunch of animals not doing much, are they? We brought zoologists. Oh that's a smart, learned person.
Speaker 4: Silver Plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jackie, what you go? Make a movie smarter?
Speaker 4: Savvy? Private Ryan sav.
Speaker 2: Sense damn bronze.
Speaker 4: Splitting the Athens family.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't, can't from a thick country at number thirty, that's Silver.
Speaker 4: Look who's talking? Good? Movie could be smarter? Look who's Stephen hawking and finding Cleverland.
Speaker 2: I still think jos would say, oh, look we found here Cleverland. Give him a Wedgi bronze. What have you got? Make a movie smarter?
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Wasted Today. Make a movie smarter and you can win tickets to go Double Boss, go to a rocky horror show. Let's get smart.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to hearing them okay.
Speaker 2: Ai skill, Bill Silver, he's gone through some tape training. I think you know who's scales Bill American Pie Fagoras theory.
Speaker 4: Bronze, You me and Da Vinci Gold what I'm Johel you mean degree even better?
Speaker 8: Go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's im Mike three Mensa and a baby Gold. That's very good. Christopher Charlie in the calculus factory.
Speaker 4: Bronze, Yeah, no need for that.
Speaker 2: Even a thing? Is it? Calculus fashion? Whe does your dad work the characters instead of the expendables the learnables Bronze Mensa, Who's stare at goats? Gold Andrew Opine Steiner Pine Yeah, double smarts.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, took us wellbeck e t Eagles empty squad Gold, Gavin, that's very good. The Big librain Ski get him all right, mate, the old big librain Ski. I love that one. When that is great? And Tony's got dude, where's my dictionary? Bron He's like eighty slurs, aren't they? Well go get your dictionary, Jackie boy. Who's who's best class today?
Speaker 4: Well done to big Lebrainski.
Speaker 2: Wendy, Wendy, You're off to go and see you don't pass. Go and see the Rocky Horror Show. Enjoy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're the Great News Footy back. This week we have launched our footy Wall of Fame. It is actually a thing. It is going to be painted. Starts being painted next Monday. We've got a large wall on Ligon Street. I don't know why, but they give meet this exact dress. You're gonna actually just gonna walk by it this week for us. I have a look at it. Can you let me know what it's like? Seventy four I don't need to know all this.
Speaker 4: There's nothing on there now, so you will just be looking at a blank wall.
Speaker 2: But you know things did it this week? Go look at seventy four Ligon Street. It's just north of Brunswick Road. Anyway. This is all the dullest bit on the.
Speaker 8: Way online on streets, your food heroes, the nuffies, the earliest up on the way from ground too good. Everyone is welcome, just not calming, all right.
Speaker 2: So we have eight spots on our footy Wall of Fame. I'm looking for your nominations. It might be someone that we don't know about. Today we found out from Auntie Park Pam about her nephew, Malcolm Lynch used to play for Western Bulldogs North Melbourne, Port Melbourne. That's to being immortalized on the first spot to giveaway on our Footy Wall of Fame. First person to play AFL in Antarctica. We'd even know this amazing footnote in an amazing sport actually happened, kicked a ball on Antarctica. So that's going to be painted up there in the first of the eight spots. So seven more to give away. Who or what? Someone suggested a party pie.
Speaker 4: Just a party.
Speaker 2: I think it's a bit insulting to like the other people there who'd done something amazing like Malcolm and there's just a pie.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah Moore and twenty pive maybe is what I associate with the footy bit of party piles bring your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So but anyway, look, any all ideas are welcome at the moment, Blue Sky thinking all that email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. You can also leave us a message and by calling thirteen hundred call oc and we'll take your calls tomorrow on the show. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Who should be on the Footy Wall of Fame. Carl A.
Speaker 1: Breger know you're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast