Speaker 1: Hey, Legends, Welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Now big news, big sporting segment coming up. Gil has been replaced. He's been dethroned by yes, the most likely person, Andrew Dylan.
Speaker 2: We knew this a year ago anyway.
Speaker 1: Also, Adelight Oval absolute mayhem, sidebottom steals the victory for Collingwood. Yes, that's a little dad joke in there for you. And also we cover sixty minutes why it's a massive thing for the IFL. There's a lot in this episode, So lock in, sit down, and let's get into it. All right, let's get straight into it. Welcome Brighton.
Speaker 3: Now Mace, we're gonna jump straight into the clanger. But it's not the clanger that every Collingwood fan on the planet Earth is thinking. Anyway, I'll jump in and I'll say my clanger of the week was Saturday Night's absolute fuckbusted doubleheader Melbourne v. North and West Coast. Be couting, because boy, oh boy, if you don't have a life like me and you're sitting on the couch and you're looking to the AFL for some bloody entertainment, well you didn't get us back of it on Saturday Night. To one hundred point blowouts that we all saw coming. It was more obvious than the replacement CEO that these things are gonna suck, and boy, oh boy, did they suck. You know, I was looking for a little little, you know, a little crumb, a little I was like, oh, maybe maybe Charlie will kick ten, that'll be entertaining. Let's follow this along. Well, he can't even kick ten. He kicks nine, which is just a bigger upset than the shitty game.
Speaker 2: Oh he's hot, it's firy today.
Speaker 3: So my clanger, just to be specific, is whoever's doing the fixture. I don't care fix it up because I don't have a life and I need to sit at home and watch footy twenty four to seven. Yes, what's your clanger? Mates?
Speaker 2: This is a week's weeks on.
Speaker 1: If you're booing Jason horn Francis as an AFL supporter.
Speaker 3: Grow up, stop it just stop.
Speaker 2: Not even North Melbourne fans. If you're upset because left normal North Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's gone to a different team to go home to family, all right, Totally understandable if you are literally a Saint Kilda fan booing Jason horn Francis who has nothing to do with your club.
Speaker 3: Grow up, grow up.
Speaker 1: Oh it just kills me. I just don't get it. Why I keep hearing this, Why I have to keep hearing booing. He's a nineteen year old man and it's just absurd because he's beating your ass. He's going well, and you're sitting here booing him because he's too good.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Brighton.
Speaker 3: See what you don't understand yet because you still new Australian. What you gotta do is tear everyone down because you can't let anyone have some joy or success. So what you got to do when they stop getting he's got tear him down, myce. You don't want him to be happy. Why would you want a nineteen year old kid to go there and be happy? Tear them down, Mace, I.
Speaker 1: Just don't get in. Hey, if Jason Horn friends, if you're listening to this, listen to me. Jealousy is the highest form of flattery. People that are booing you or jealous because you're doing something with your life and you're one of the best AFL players going around at your age. So if they keep booing you don't take it personal. They're just pissed off because you're doing something they never could do. So just soak it in. Say stuff you It's not my fault. You have a shit life. I'm living mind. I'm being an AFL superstar and I'm part of this next generation people coming through and it's going to be awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh we've started hot, and I'll say what happened today? Russ Lyon, you know, tried to pour some cold water on the situation, as he does, Oh chilled Russy going into his press conference. When he opens the door, all the smoke billows in through the door and he sits down. He says, Hey, I don't know, weird one, but maybe let's don't boo a nineteen year old kid for starters. And then secondly, it didn't freaking help us because he just diced us up through the guts anyway. So it's good to see us come out and you know, defend an opposition player because it's like, it's not necessary, he said, if you're trying to get into his head, if you're trying to affect his game, which is what we all assume must be the reason behind him getting booed, it's not working. So let's just park that.
Speaker 1: Jason, keep doing what you're doing. Legend we started hard Man already had a breath. I lost all my breath literally after the Collinwood game. I'm still going we'll get in the news. Andrew Dillon's new CEO. Who caresus?
Speaker 3: We haven't no set up to it. So Gilan McLaughlin was the CEO, and you're telling me there's a new one.
Speaker 2: There's a new one.
Speaker 1: To be honest, Andrew Dillon was probably pulling the strings anyway behind the scenes. And Gil great man face of the AFL, awesome the way he handled it. He was someone that was very relatable to people. I feel like it's been going for a year plus. I feel like, who's going to be his replacement? It was the guy sitting next to him the whole time. Why did we release this just now? We knew this a year ago.
Speaker 3: This is kind of weird. So what you're telling me because I'm still trying to grasp the situation. One, I didn't even know Gil was wrapping up as CEO.
Speaker 2: Come on, I dragged that story out longer than any MRL scandal.
Speaker 3: Two, he literally went around the planet Earth, leaving no stone unturned to try and find a replacement CEO. He went, He went to New York. He did the whole CEO search over in America. So what you're telling me, just so I can get it and the listeners at home. He ended up picking a private schoolboy in an office next door. Yeah, well is he coming?
Speaker 1: What? I will say this, Hedrew Dyllon is a good man and he's been doing a lot for the IFL, so he's an easy understanding. But I will say that whole trip around the world, Gil, I know that was the retirement party. Don't pulls a ps. We know exactly what that was. And don't tell the AFL doesn't have money. I've got the next search ready.
Speaker 3: When Andy Dillon's going to pack her up next time, he should take a step out of his office, close his eyes and throw a stone. And whoever the stone hits, that's your next CEO. It's the same bloody thing. I don't get it that we knew they were just going to pick a private school boy. And it was why we do all this song and dance every time with Andrew demtro he was one Gil was one office down.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I will say this, We're hot, Andrew Dillon.
Speaker 2: I want a job after so I love you.
Speaker 3: What we're going to have to do here is pull it back at nice. Everyone's ears are blown off their head at this stage. I will bring it back in. But another exciting story. Nonetheless, Mason Cox don't know if you know him. He was on this little show out of the States called sixty minutes. Well there must be what you got. Thirteen people watch it written down.
Speaker 1: Here, thirteen million, which is over half the popular of Australia who have never heard of AFL before. Thirteen million, thirteen million. This isn't old sixty minutes Australia. That is just the most ridiculous thing you could possibly think of. It's literally the same thing as Current Affair. This is a legit publication in the US. It's second most watched thing as far as shows go in the US per week.
Speaker 3: Wait, so when you're talking about sixty minutes, see our sixty minutes dog shit. We do stories on, you know, controversial topics like why ham increases in price around Christmas? Now is not similar to that thirteen million. I don't we don't get thirteen million.
Speaker 1: The cat's stuck in a tree is not gonna get a freaking news story. On this sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, thirty million, that's half our population is watching a story on AFL football. That's a pretty big deal, you would think, so, well, I haven't. I haven't heard a lot about it in lessons being coming out of your social media accounts. Why is this not getting the attention it deserves in Australia.
Speaker 2: Blows my mind. I don't know. People, like I said, don't like people being successful. Maybe I don't know it is.
Speaker 1: But it is a big deal for AFL on an international level, whether people realize that or not. If you can get thirteen million people knowing what AFL is, you gotta think Melbourne's what three million people and every single person is obsessed with AFL. So if you can get thirteen million people knowing what it was, it's a good sign that AFL is starting a step in the right direction the international market.
Speaker 3: It's pretty nuts. And when I saw the trailer for the sixty minutes, you look like, you know, Gary Ablett s selling candy one two around the corner, big specky taking the kick.
Speaker 1: Jeez, that pumped up well, they popped me up. Well, the one time you did see that vision of me selling candy. The only person in the whole league that I could sell candy to. Shane Mumford, Oh Mummy. The slowest cuts played AFL ever.
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, you got around Mummy and then they cut it well because you got around Toby kind of and then they just cut it off. That's perfect, that's it.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 1: They did put in there the part of me throwing the ball in on the goal line against you long. They did put down that that wasn't the actual clip. So it wasn't all just birds and butterflies and everything. There was some trash in there of my AFL career too.
Speaker 3: They're going to get people confused because you can't bloody throw it most but let's let's be congratulations. That's that's massive.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's massive, so everyone get around it. They seem to be chucking clips up on YouTube because it's a bit hard to get some of those things here.
Speaker 1: In plus amember classes. I've been told, yes, so check it out, check it out. So we also have created a YouTube channel called Discover AFL if you want to help share it to people that I feel like everyone goes overseas always tries to explain AFL to people and they're like, what the hell is it? And you try to give an explanation, they just get more confused. So we made a YouTube channel to help people understand Discover AFL.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 3: If you're sick of trying to describe it to your international friends, send them a link discover AFL. All right, let's jump into it. We got St Kildo v Port Adelaide. Now I did something brave here and I ventured out of the house on Friday and I went down to the Saint Kildaport game because I have a friend that's the same Kilder supporter. And then you called me on video time and I was like.
Speaker 2: What's this prick?
Speaker 3: Want leave me alone? I'm trying to relax and no. But I was in the middle of eating a fish taco. Now, now you might be thinking, why I pick a fish taco from Marvel Stadiums.
Speaker 2: What was that your choice?
Speaker 3: Well? I see what I did here was I lined up to get food and I because you're on this conveyor belt kind of line and you go on past stuff and I saw what I thought was fish and chips, and I was like, beauty fish and chips and picked that up, and then I saw chicken tacos and I was like, I want I want chicken tacos. And I was like, well, I can't put that back. So then I got too so I got fish and chips and chicken tacos, and then I got out and I realized it was chicken and chips and fish tarkers. I was like, so I ended up swapping the chicken and the fit anyway, not to.
Speaker 1: Call you, because I was doing a activation over fed Square, and every single person that came to that, we had a little like miniature old chat. They wanted to chat to you, they didn'tven want to chat to me. They're like, Yo, how's Braiden going? Where's the love life at for Braiden Cox. We're gonna have to change this the Braiden Cox Cox one pod h So that yeah, so we've already touched on the horn Francis. But he was dicing them up through the guts. Uh.
Speaker 3: It was, you know, an okay game, nothing super spectacular, I think port. You know, they're starting to find their groove. They're looking real dangerous. Pal Pepper Pali p was everywhere. He was doing everything, breaking tackles, Charlie had that look in his eye that like, I want to murder everyone out here kind of look in his eye. And he did that in a you know, a non literal sense, which was good. We don't like, we don't like the alternative and yeah, so what I can say about this game is thank you Port Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Now we're number on the ladder. Thank you Port.
Speaker 3: It was an interesting game.
Speaker 2: St.
Speaker 1: Kildosman tested over the last few weeks, so well or not because everyone's popping the up so top of Little Howner. You know, they've changed around Ross Lions, new game playing all that's working really well and they're going to be challenged I think a few more times. So well, yeah, keep an eye on this one, watch their space.
Speaker 2: As far as they killer goes, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good game. We get worse and worse as we go on with some of these games. But let's jump into the Brisbane Frio game. A couple of injury concerns Zorco and rich Out with a hamstring and the calf. They seem to miss a bit with soft tissues super important to the squad. I don't know how it's going to affect them going forward, but they're playing some good foot at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Brisbane is always one of those teams I feel like that maybe doesn't get as much attention because they're not in probably a very AFL state, if that makes sense, up in Queensland. But they are a team that has got all the right kind of chess pieces. I feel like to be successful, they just have to really put it together once finals come around. And their team, whenever you play against them, you know they're going to bring their best football. They like really really made us pay whenever we went up there to Brisbane and Charlie cam reynolds sake now Country Road, he's been really playing really well up there and I think they're really starting to find their groove. So it's these two outs zorcone rich and not great for that, but hopefully they come back soon and pros.
Speaker 3: Up and Freo at least tried to change things up. They tried to handball a lot more, move it with a bit more speed, which is good to see. It didn't have obviously the result that they wanted, but it's good to see. Now. There was a couple of goals in the game that were nuts so and one of these poor Blokes is gonna get robbed because they were both easy goal of the weeks in any other individual week, but they both happened in the same game the same week. So Walters gets tackled, does a three point sixty, breaks the tackle, slams it on the boot by falling to the ground in the pocket, and it rolls through across the ground and it's it's nuts. It's such a good goal. But what I think pips it is Ashcroft's goal, which is, you know, akin to Daniel Well jumping flying karate kick through the air. But he does it from the pocket, which is insane that he can like do a jumping snap through the angle.
Speaker 1: I just don't I don't understand how it went in. I don't understand how he got his boot to ball.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's so much that just doesn't make sense about this.
Speaker 1: It's got to be goal of the year, like one Hunderson for just a pure difficulty standpoint.
Speaker 2: It has to be goal of the year.
Speaker 1: And I also kind of thought, whenever I saw this, we had mentioned this about Jade and Stephen kicking an absolute tort from sixty and scoring. Imagine being a forward thinking that's the best option we have. It's literally a drop kick karate kick from the corner pocket is a better option than put it to the top of the square. And you know what he made it, So props the Ashcroft, well done night. Hopefully you do it again because hopefully this is not a one off type deal. It's an insane goal. If you haven't seen it, well.
Speaker 3: It's the percentage play because it's only been done once and it's been effective one the time. So statistics Breandon. It's a good way to sell it. If you're talking to the coach after the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, move on to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Job us this one point thriller the derby up in Sydney. This is needed for the ifl feel like this gets Sydney people pumped up to want to follow it, and that is what we need in a different state. Sydney versus GWS. Make it a rivalry. Pomp it up as much as you can. And this game came and it went well and the Battle of the Bridge, Battle of the Bridge one point victory to GWS and it was right down to the wire.
Speaker 3: Toby Green kind of took the mark, kicked it to the pocket and it went out of bounce, so he's doing it up the field goes down to the stoppage, is kind of left alone and they broke it down and he does really well, Like he engages with another Sydney player and the handovers not there, pulls back, gets the ball, snaps it through as only Toby could and it was great. And now I want to say that I want to put it on the radar because I've been talking about it week after week. Gws are showing a hell of a lot this year and it might not be translated to their like wins and losses yet, but for a team that's been touted as this, you know, the Ferrari, they're just like all these super slick ball users outside run as they're showing so much like determination and just like gut running and they just keep going all the way to the end and it's got them a couple of wins just on pure effort alone. So it's awesome seeing just their effort is through the roof. And like I keep harping back on the game that they played that was like thirty something degrees and they were all cramping up and it cost him probably two in a row. It's good to see him now coming out the other side, and they just they fight all the way to the final side.
Speaker 1: I must say this though, if you're in the final moments of a game, right it's a very close game. There's one person that plays for GWUS, you probably want to put a person on to make sure he doesn't score. That would be Toby Green. I'm giving you a little bit of advice. I don't know who was tagging him, but he's going to be the go to guy. He's definitely gonna be the person they're trying get the pill too and trying to get a goal out of. So. I don't know what was the game plan from Sydney there, but like I feel like that was kind of obvious.
Speaker 2: It was going to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rough, And for Sydney, it's two that they've coughed up in the dying minutes of home game at the SCG. Obviously. The other one was the kick that dropped short from Oli Florence.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's rough, Rough. I'll feel for your Sydney fans. I feel for you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they're just outside the eight and Collingwood's connaversal next week coming up. Big game talk about big games, Western Bulldogs v. Hawthorne another absolute barn burner. Saturday just went ballistic, mate, just gone out for beer somewhere else. Now you know it's a good game. When the biggest news was Cicily hate on Tasmane, now hilarious. I don't know, I get it right, I get it. It's harsh. But he's like telling the truth. But the sponsor, major sponsor. You play a hell of a lot of games down there. They pump a lot of money into Hawthorne. But is he lying.
Speaker 1: Like I will say this though, Hawthorn, that Tasmanian sponsorship that got the window. You know why, because there's a Tasmanian team down there. Don't need you know more. That is one thing that does it does come to mim nember. I think about this. But the Sicily thing, I felt bad for him because he was just saying his own personal open He wasn't really trying to hang too much shit onto like Tasmania. But I know the way as soon as he said it, and him being one of the like the captain kind of or like one of the older guys in the leadership group there, I knew exactly when he said it, this was oh This was the headline one on one, and I knew because Tasmania is one of the big sponsors, they're gonna throw a fit about it's gonna be a whole thing blah blah blah. And he did on like three ibuti or something, which.
Speaker 2: Is just like just sad. Oh that's rough.
Speaker 1: But well, I can almost guarantee you most of our listeners that know how to download Spotify and what the internet is don't listen to three IW So Cicily did hate on them, but it doesn't really hate on Tazi, but it said some comments in it, and it was funny to be because after he said the comments, it goes public, everyone freaks out about it. Of course Cicily comes out with this beautifully art particulate written response to what he said. You know, chat oh chat chpt the hell out of that thing and the I'm sure the media team helped put it together and everything else. And it just reminded me the old Steve Smith video of the robotic just like staring at people, and it was just so it was uncharacteristic. I think he didn't mean to say that kind of stuff, but I just feel as that it was such a pr play, which you have to do in those situations. But yeah, that's the biggest thing that came out of this Western Bulldog versus.
Speaker 3: They're not I pretty much. I'm sorry to say it, but any Hawthorne game, I'm probably switching out, like probably the least entertaining team in the league. That's pretty arch. But it's it's just you know, when you scrap all your players and you're you know, playing kids and stuff, it's, yeah, it's not building here.
Speaker 1: Had all that success and really had the three championships and now they're going to have to get some new guys in.
Speaker 3: And but one cool thing, Artie Jones, Arthur Jones kicked his first goal and it's and it's great to see because he's been hovering around there like every week threatening to kick one, and Adsi Trella set him up and yeah, the boys got around him, so that that was really good. And Hawthorne's stuck into their credit till about the three quarter mark and then and then you know, Bulldogs ran away with it, which is probably what you expect.
Speaker 1: So we love a first goal. We love a first goal because the whole team gets to him. It's a it's a it's an emotional thing, a big, big confidence boaster and a momentum swinger I think for games. Yeah, absolutely moved to the next time Melbourne versus North of Melbourne. You said, wow, woe. This was a beautiful ripper.
Speaker 3: It just kept getting worse for North too, because they had Charlie Comban come off with a horrific injury. Just another one. There's there's been a fair few of those this year.
Speaker 2: Credit to the broadcast. We're not showing it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they've got experience now because someone's breaking something every week, which is you know, it's not what you want to see. So yeah, it was a bit of a you know, a bad it's a bad night for normal let's just chuck it out there. But yeah, it was. It was one of them ones. I think probably both teams would have been like, let's call it at halftime and just go home, shall we? But yeah, what else do you say about this one?
Speaker 1: Mass, I don't know. It's North Melbourne. We had a lot of hype for you at the beginning of this show. In the beginning of this season started strong. They did start very strong. I was like, you just never know what's going to happen here. We've got Rosslyn St Kilda, brought them up the Lauder at North Melbourne looked might they may be the same thing now last few weeks haven't lived up to potential. So we're not off the North Melbourne train yet, but you gotta turn things around.
Speaker 3: We needed more LDU, more ldu. And I love Souve Souve up there up front, big souv Laki kicking snags which we like, which we love to see. And cam Zurha just just a bull like there's there's good, you know, and Cheesel down back there's.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They're just cooking at the moment. Let them cook, Mace, let me cook.
Speaker 1: We move on to the next one. West Coast Eagles versus Carleton Coast.
Speaker 3: They're not cooking much. They're just a real load home low sim oh man. It was and I reckon going into this game. If you're a Carlton fan and you were saying that you weren't nervous, you're probably lying because there's a little something in the back of your head going, surely we beat West Coast, don't we surely? But you know a bit of doubt going in, but they just blow them away. It was never a game. And yeah, like I was saying, it would have been cool for Charlie to kick ten. Nine's a pretty big bag and he's up the top along with Jesse Cameron for the Coleman. But you know nine against West Coast, he.
Speaker 1: Took a specky on hern Oh, and man, that would have been just the ultimate disrespect that at West Coast seeing that going like it's gonna be such a long day.
Speaker 3: And hearn took a really good one going back with the fly he did.
Speaker 1: Yes, I gotta see this though, Charlie's kicked nine goals, like you get to like six, right, six, seven, he's on. Surely everything just goes to Charlie, Like give him a bag, give him two bags, give them ten goals, Like I just think if anyone's that close, and like the game's done, when the game's over, I gonna win. Like let's have a cool story come out of this, Like Charlie kicks ten. Ten is such a cooler and better number than nine.
Speaker 3: I know, mates, don't get me started. It was just real anti climactic everything clear the fifty out. It had shades of when they when Buddy kicked his hundredth and they shut down FEV who finished on ninety nine for the season. Real kicking the dick stuff, just let it give him a bit, just a tiny bit of joy. But no nine goals, which is still a great effort. I should have kicked ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: We'll move on to the next one. Esson versus Geelong. Very interesting game this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was high scoring, not what we want, not a lot of defense, but weird because it was high scoring. Both teams kicked over one hundred, but Essendon weren't really in it the whole game. It kind of got out to like that you know, five goal ish margin and hove it around there. A couple of times they might have threatened a little bit, like if you were looking trying to look ahead, but in hindsight they didn't really. It was like that five ish goal margin the whole way through. So Hawkins career high eight now career.
Speaker 1: High at that age, which is wow, which is nuts. So he just didn't leave the goal square.
Speaker 3: Well, it helps when you get the fifty because JS can just kick goals from sixty. But yeah, it's good to see Love the Hawk like just keeps getting it done. Started. He started this year with some criticism, which.
Speaker 2: Is, yeah, a bit true. He's a gun man, oh a.
Speaker 3: Bit rich, like the dude's you know, forty. He just goes out there and plays footy. He's still throwing rucks around. Oh my god, he must weigh one hundred and fifty kegs.
Speaker 2: I want to know what that man binches. I need to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Dude is just a stump.
Speaker 2: He's impossible to move.
Speaker 3: His legs are my body. It's just that thick, thick with two c's. Dude just gets it done. Jess had a shocker. Jezz had a shocker, absolute shocker for Jazz. Why is that twenty touches three goals a shocker? I don't even think it's a shocker. If he doesn't kick five for you, I feel like, yeah, I don't even think he's on track to kick a hundred anymore for the year. It's a I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't do my moon always for just as well because he didn't kick five, Yeah, exactly, very unlike him. Quiet one for Jazz. Probably check him for an injury or something. There must be a little niggle that he's got going on. There. Some other big goal scorers, though, weren't there it was good to see the wee. I always thought they were doing like booing him or something that was very weird.
Speaker 3: The weed kicked five, and Jakie the stringer, the package kicked four. As he does up and down, you never know what you're going to get. But he kicked four four beauties. But the nine goals combined didn't really help him. As I said, nipping, would he come back? That's all I want to know. He did play Mace if you watched shit, he kicked a goal with which is great to see Tipper out there running around. So we're all excited about that, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Actually, he's all of my favorite players. I just didn't see the game, so.
Speaker 3: The best, he's the best. No wonder you didn't see the game because it was the standalone Sunday game. Prepping for horror game is what I was doing. Yeah, exactly, No, you had a big week. You're on sixty minutes. I don't know if you know, but that's a big deal. Richmond Gold Coast. This was the one that we kind of both missed because we were we were yelling at the Adelaide.
Speaker 2: I'm sure many fans were doing the same thing too.
Speaker 1: I feel like mace, mace, mace, mace, Richmond Coast, Richmond, is it Panic stations?
Speaker 2: Yet this is Gold Coast Mate.
Speaker 3: I said last week they were, they were in a bit of strife and then I probably assumed they would get the job done against Gold Coast. But Richmond having a shocker one win, five big l's and a draw, can't win at Marvel. Don't like it like traveling. Uh same here Ma Stadium. But this isn't about Richmond for me, It's about Gold Coast Football Club and it was good to see. Uh this big win for steweye. Jo comes down, can take a breath, a little half breath, gets his mouth above water level and they're straight back under for next week. But you know he gets he gets a little reprieved for a week. King kicked four big, Rory Atkins was back in the team. Love seeing Rory Atkins back in the team. Gold Coast third win for the year, which leaves them a winning percentage outside the eight wild which is nuts. But it's because there's just such a log jam in the eight at the moment. But there is a couple of slots available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come back in the end of the year too.
Speaker 1: That one of the best players are there is there's a little bit light at the end of the tunnel for Gold Coast. They are a team that also goes under the radar. I think they've been building. They've been building for a year like this year for a long time and people have you know, have gone up to Gold Coast and Gold Coast yeah maybe didn't you know, make it all through all the way through four quarters and they fell off in the fourth or whatever it may be, and teams are still running over them. But this year, I feel like they're finally going to get everything together. They've got a group there. It's been around for a while. Got Witsy as a captain's been there for a while. We love Witsy and kinging up Ford has been there for a long time. These players that have now become staples at Gold Coast, I think now they're starting to finally get a bit of consistency. Gold Coast might be one of those of you find in the top eight at the.
Speaker 2: End of the year.
Speaker 3: They are being underrated, but it's not for no reason because there has been a lot of years where they'll start the season well and then fully capitulate and fall off towards the end. So everyone is, you know, we'll celebrate Gold Coast when they're there. We'll celebrate them when they're at about round twenty. They got about you know, twelve thirteen wins, then get around them. But at the moment we just just cool. The Jets on Gold Coast love them. They're playing good footy. They're challenged to come up against every week, which we love to see.
Speaker 1: Now, no, we don't look at Gold Coast anymore think we're going to roll over him. I will say that now they're a legit team. Now, absolutely legit team. Now Richmond's having a little bit of struggle though, and we'll see how they can pan out, if they can pull out of this little sort of rut throwing.
Speaker 3: At the moment, this is and this is what I want to ask you on this. So Richmond, at this stage where they kind of got a new couple of jet players in, they probably thought they were gonna be thereabouts or go up and they've started one and five. Oh, it's probably over. I'm going to say it's probably over for and one in five jeers. But you've been through these situations where you're up the real pointy end and then you have a fairly steep drop off. Do all the boys in the club start sweating, start going, who's old? Looking around? We're gonna start playing kids, are we gonna? You know, re Well knew that he was probably coming towards the end, probably only had like a year left. Like Cotchin's still there. They're going to start having to make some of these tough calls to these like club champions. Relate it back to you. Do you did you feel pressure when there's like a fall off and you start going, geez, I need to step up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, once the pressure comes onto the coach. I don't think Richmond's at this point yet, But once the pressure starts going on to the coach, then the coach starts getting pressure from the board. And I think once the board starts pressuring the coach to play younger players because they're giving up on the season, in my experience, I feel like that's what happens. It's not necessarily like because the coach wants to win as many games as he can, so he wants play the best players every single week. But as soon as the board kind of makes a decision that we're giving up on the season, then that filters down, I feel like to the coach, and the coach makes those decisions that he doesn't want to make because he knows he's going to play players that might not be as the best players in the top twenty two, but he knows for the future of the club he needs to play youth.
Speaker 2: That's what I've noticed here.
Speaker 1: So I don't think Richmond's there yet, and I think Damian Horricks finds he's had the success and he's going to be okay. But from my experience, I feel like that's kind of the how it kind of goes and filters down from the top down because.
Speaker 3: We've seen it so many times before, and it's always harder when the club champions that have won like flags and had success. You know, North did it, they like cleaned out everyone and you know it set them a fair way back. You know, Geelong's done it over history, made some really hard calls coming off flags to move on, you know, champions of the club.
Speaker 1: But these ledgers can't be in there forever and they are well aware of that, and you'll start seeing more of them in the media more often. I feel like whenever they know they can see the light at the end of the tunnel and they're going, Okay, I need to maybe make a career choice that helps me out for a longer time period rather than knowing, rather than just getting to the end of my career and just going, Oh, I wish I would have gone into the media.
Speaker 2: I wish it would have done out something else. Like You'll start seeing them kind of diversify their career choices towards the back end of their career.
Speaker 3: We can't all end on top Mace. Now, let's jump into this one.
Speaker 2: Think Richmond will take three out of four partnerships in a row.
Speaker 3: Mate, Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: A lot of those guys are alling around with three gold medals on their neck.
Speaker 3: They'll be Okay, let's jump into the Adelaide Collingwood game. It was a massive one. We were watching along live was I thought I was having a stroke.
Speaker 2: I was in the same what spleen hurt.
Speaker 3: I had these convulsing shakes. It's not good, like, it's not okay to do that to people every week, but it is good for content, way for content. One point win. Collingwood only led for twenty one seconds, twenty one short seconds. But sometimes it's all you need. Hey, five day break that were coming off, Yeah, and still managed to lift in the last and there was a plethora of players that you could pull out and say you had a massive part in this win. But we're going to go through the whole thing start to finish.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, it was a five day break, also travel on top of that, not a lot of training, your meal put in those five days. It's more recovery than anything. Okay, then the team has to go out there. Didn't have the best game. I think most people say that didn't have our best game, but there was moments in that game. I feel like that showed. We talk about fight of our team and sorry, unwilling to give up and things like that. I think of decass smother, you know, and the corn like no reason to be getting to that ball, didn't think he would make it, still makes the effort to get out there and gets the smother.
Speaker 3: And it's weird because Nick Dacos is super soft and doesn't do hard stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But there's just moments in the game I feel like that that fight shows up and like the team sees something like that and it just lifts everyone up saying, oh man, this is we're on, We're on. We're gonna come back here and we're going to kick a few more goals and there's a chance of winning this game. Even whenever we don't play our best, we still have the energy in the fight to want to get over the line.
Speaker 3: And we were looking at it. I don't know about you, but I was thinking Collingwood had kicked five goals going into the last quarter, needed four.
Speaker 1: It was raining, not the greatest conditions for us to be winning that game, and then the end of the third ay, but you never give up, never give up.
Speaker 3: Belief is there and there was so many cool little things that happened, starting with Braden Maner.
Speaker 2: Love it now.
Speaker 3: This guy is just the ultimate clubman. Now. Right on the death at the siren, I think it was Johnny Noble got tackled high Braiden Maynard flying the flag. He's sprinting across, started a fight started like shoving everyone. He doesn't give a shit. He's just in there, just defending his teammates, and you just love to see it.
Speaker 2: There are two people on our team.
Speaker 1: If you see any scuffle, you will see them just b line for that scuffle, and that is Taylor Adams and Braidon Maynard.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: They will come out of the corner of the screen going one hundred miles an hour to get into that thing. Oh they love a scuffle, love of scuffle. And Bruzzie he sticks up for his teammates. Now, I'm telling you he's a he's a bull. And it's funny because that's like Braiden's mo o right, Like he will lock down someone you do not want to be playing on Braiden Maynor and braid Maynard playing on you because he will make sure you don't get to touch that football, and if you do, you're gonna have to work fucking hard for it.
Speaker 3: And it shows those two specifically on the siren. Brus was on the field just going hand and then it cuts to Tayo who's on the bench giving it to the crowd.
Speaker 1: Love it and Brother comes off. His shirt's full of ripped He's just got the rig out. I reckon, he ripped it himself.
Speaker 3: He's in that good and nick and it says competitive beast around the collar of his jumper and that he is in absolute spades. Now we'll touch on this just lightly because it was funny. Darcy Moore amazing speech, Anzac day, Oh, one of the greats, one of just all time speech. But he's got you know, he's got light and shade. He's a human, he's he's just one of us, you know. And he gave an absolute ripper coming off at halftime where he said the big guys for Adelaide are just fucking marking everything and we're working over time to stop them, which he ain't lying, Mace, because they were bloody marking everything. O'Brien. Mate, Someone just piggyback on that bloke because he was just clunking everything and Darcy Moore was out there doing Darcy Moore tings, just cutting it off from all angles.
Speaker 2: Dropping the farm halftime.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was frustrated because the game was co we but did that just was like laughing my ass because it was just true.
Speaker 2: It was just unfiltered truth.
Speaker 1: And Mike, who was interview, it was just like, okay, all right, it just it was like end of conversation, let's just go.
Speaker 2: Into the rooms.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It was not even mentioned, like it wasn't even like like the broadcast didn't bring it back up.
Speaker 2: Nothing, just move on, move on, move on.
Speaker 3: I love it. And then even post game he gave another interview and it's just so refreshing, no robotic, you know answers that players, we take it one week at a time. We all didn't. Oh we did it for the boys. What he just gave honest opinions on what he just saw unfold in front of him, And it's just so refreshing that he's just a human giving human emotions, conveying them in words that no one else can, you know, stick together he does so well.
Speaker 2: I'm just suppose there's not a dump button from the broadcast a soud you hear the five year yep, dump.
Speaker 3: Shit happens, mate, Well, let's let's talky about this.
Speaker 1: Adelaide gave us a sniff, gave us a big, big sniff. They were inaccurate from goal. They I don't even know how to explain it. It was a mockery.
Speaker 3: They were missing everything.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you, you add And.
Speaker 3: If there's one team you don't want to leave a little crack in the door going into the last quarter, it's Collingwood. But geez, I don't know it. What can you say about that? Their fans must have just been like, please get a lead, Please get a lead that these guys can't chase down. And turns out that they didn't Collingwood up to their eyeballs in the game. And then Ash Johnson with just the smart high IQ play comes scrubbing into him this real fifty to fifty ball that could easily just be knocked out of bounce. He just taps it over his head, goes through for a point, draws the game. It's like, all right, now, let's keep it in just a smart level head. Jamie standing in front of him is like, what the hell? But it ended up being there probably the play that won the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there is Steele's kick. Now this whole thing, I mean, you got Willhousekin. Elliott gets in the middle, nothing but paddicks in front of him, sees space se Steel, a winger literally spreading out to the side, kicks it on the angle straight into the bread basket. This man was an unreal kick. Gotta give props to Willhousk can Elliott on that. Steele goes back, he's about forty out. Let's say we'll give him that. Steel's not the biggest kick in the world. I love the man, but he's a bit older like me. We lose a bit of distance as you get older. And he makes it not six points but one point that gets us one point ahead. We are winning the game now from all odds against us. You wouldn't believe it. Calling Wood in the last twenty one seconds to remaining takes the lead from Steele's kick.
Speaker 2: Unreal.
Speaker 3: It was nuts And I don't know, you could tell he was just happy after the game that he made the distance. And you know, why would you go back and kick a goal and just settle everyone's heart rate down? Collingwood victory. Let's make sure we just try to kill every Collingwood fan out there with heart attacks. It's rebounding play out and then who is at the end to cut it off. Darcymore couldn't write it any better. Takes the mock game over.
Speaker 1: Makes me think on us if Steele does kick that right, there's twenty one seconds the bol goes back to a center bounds, there's probably a higher probability of Adelaide being able to tie that game. The kicking a point when it's on the other side of the field and then having to go all one hundred and fifty meters.
Speaker 2: To get to the other side.
Speaker 3: So you're saying he did it on purpose.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he did it on purpose.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it wasn't as bad of his outcome as probably people thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah. True, true, And they almost pulled it off rankin darting through. A couple of Collingwood players gave it off and they decided to.
Speaker 1: Go, hey, he was talking some smack. Hold him out there on the field with that. Man was John. Some people off, Oh John, people off me. He was John with boys.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make it any better.
Speaker 2: I want to say one more thing.
Speaker 1: Nick Dakos tagged, Oh yeah, guess what other day costs.
Speaker 2: I'll take thirty one and a goal and.
Speaker 3: A goal another day. Cuss stepping up at a big moment, comes through, kicks a goal, puts Collingwood back in contention for the game. And you know you can't stop both of them. There's always one day cross running around there, and I reckon if you tag Nick and you tag Josh, Peter will jump the fence and kick six. You just can't stop them.
Speaker 2: But so true.
Speaker 3: Top of the ladder, I will point out Collingwood has faced six of the top nine teams, and Collingwood obviously being one of them. So they're verse six of the next eight, so that's they've already done a lot of hard work early days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pretty even ladder, though, I will say even the ones that are outside of that eight that you're talking about, there's still good teams and there's still teams that can beat anyone on any given day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of those teams down the ladder, like you have to Verst West Coast at home, which is a big challenge, as Carlton just proved, and you know Hawthorne coming up probably Versaman Pazzy. But yeah, plenty of good stuff coming up in this season. It was a great win. Big game coming up next week Verse.
Speaker 1: We're playing Sydney, mate, and there's a chance I might be playing. So I've got to try to get better by the end of the week to be able to hopefully get into contact and be able to train for the boys. And it's been a rough few days of me getting back into running because essentially they are brutally murdering me at the moment, just running my ass ragged. But it's all part of it. It's part of necessities to be able to play against so exciting times.
Speaker 2: We will see. It's all up to the doctor's decision.
Speaker 3: This week, Big week, Big week for the Mace.
Speaker 2: One more big.
Speaker 1: Big thing for this week podcast coming out later Jacque Landale. Jack Lindale's playing for the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Finals round. He's playing with people like Kevin Durant, He's playing with people like Devin Booker, He's playing with people like Chris Paul. This man is literally probably the most successful Australian basketball player over there, playing in the NBA Finals right now.
Speaker 3: And it's pretty nuts because as cool as that story is, all the stuff that happened in the lead up was insane, insane. So it's a great podcast, have to hear. Check it out coming out later this week. A big Wake, Big Wake, Go check out sixty minutes with Mace on it. Yeah, oh my god, just juicy.
Speaker 1: What's happening. A lot happening Brandon. But we will have to wrap it up there. Like I said, check out Jocko Lindell. If you're a sporting fan, you will love it. It's an absolute ripper of an episode. Hilarious stories he's got in there, and a massive, massive thank you for everyone that's listened in on the sports segment Wrap Up.
Speaker 3: Prayers up to Jerry Springer. Prays up