Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was a zombie in the chorus line, lindsay.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put a complain into.
Speaker 4: The answer into has anyone got any spare ferret bedding?
Speaker 1: Chris'connell one O four.
Speaker 4: Points start, look of that ferret bedding. Don't leave us hanging Melbourne. Don't do us like that. Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Patsy morning, good morning Jack, good morning, Nama. Stay to the pair of you and stay to you. How was everyone's company? Well, mistay, yesterday didn't.
Speaker 3: Really experience anything.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't part.
Speaker 4: Did you get your complimentary coffee?
Speaker 2: I did, thank you, I got.
Speaker 4: My complimentary coffee.
Speaker 3: Neither of you got a mess.
Speaker 2: No, no, neither coffee is not nemstay either like it kind of gets you going, doesn't. It doesn't relax you.
Speaker 3: It's not a traditional wellness trin by the way, I come to coffee a bit.
Speaker 4: But yesterday I was chatting to young Josh the reception and that the massage place was just around the corner. So yesterday, if a company they did this thing, that was a wellness day where they'd hide him. A suits a lovely thing to do, to give complimentary massages throughout the day. And then, as is always with this company, I on the profit line that complimentary massage. We all know a massage really shouldn't go any longer.
Speaker 3: Than five You had to lug onto a next gives his idea of.
Speaker 4: A massage before Basically, what he really wants is to move on, move on to the main event, that's to warm up to. What if she going on to five minutes is not a massage. You might be just slight into relax and going get back to work, get back on the phone.
Speaker 2: Such of a good thing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I had a look in at to see some really see how it's been organized. There was like this half fast partition that wasn't fully across, so it's just in the middle of it. And then do you know I just saw lurking around. Take I'll give you one guess.
Speaker 2: It doesn't start with h y.
Speaker 4: Out in reception, lurking around having an old look. See get back in your wellness? Boo, what are you doing? Hang aloud here? I see your has been organized. Hanging around, hanging He looked like he was going to do a couple of shifts, a couple of drive bykes yesterday anyway, I guess because they must have had it been inumdated right, their little coffee shopping here, stubborn cousin if you're in Richmond popping right. They're lovely dad people. But I went this morning to get my coffee at half five and I said to Chazz, the guy's working. I went, how are you goes? Just exhausted. Yesterday was the worst day since I started working. I went, Nanosta. They were not stop someone's namastay is someone else's worst day? I said, how long you've been working? At about two years? It was just awful because you like, we're all having your free coffee. Stay my ass. I there.
Speaker 3: Every employee have like three or four coffees.
Speaker 4: Any limit person, they'll probably hungy having three or four and then going watch women having a mass on. And that's just a normal Tuesday, to be honest.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what happened with You Yesterday?
Speaker 2: Had to go to the supermarket yesterday and look, I know everything is dear, we know cost of living is up, but.
Speaker 4: Boy, Tuesday your supermarket day? And was that one of those irritine ones we just suddenly have to go.
Speaker 2: Yes, suddenly, I seem to be going like every second day. I do the major shop on a Friday, so it's done for the weekend.
Speaker 4: You ask, why did you want a Friday.
Speaker 2: That's a very end of question.
Speaker 3: Never think of that.
Speaker 2: Yes I am, But then it means that I don't have to go out on my time on the weekend. My time is my time.
Speaker 4: Somehow's falling to me that it's my job now to go do the supermarket shop every Saturday. And it's yes. See no, it's like the zombie.
Speaker 3: Still at thirty five and thirty four. We've never got a full supermarket trolley field and done a weekly.
Speaker 4: We just stay while we stay on cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just do the basket shop the next two See.
Speaker 2: I find your proximity to like, you're closer to the city, so you've got all these lovely little shops around you. I get that, But when you're in the outer burbs, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: So what you know, you're not living in the middle of Africa or something. A lot of people that lady walks ten came with a basket. I had to get some bread and fish.
Speaker 3: Alas was trying to tell me on Friday night that when you went bought your house in Werriby, it was just fields for all the house prairie. No, it was fields.
Speaker 4: Around here, Chris. There were there were shoulder with their city.
Speaker 2: Ways over our back fence. Christian, I'm not kidding you. There were cows and you could hear the moving it from the car. I promised you, hand on my heart. But now it's not. It's all built up. But there were cows built up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real, Well, you've got some two story buildings now, Chris, Town's got a lift.
Speaker 2: Only a two person, but it's a lyft. But no, I hate going supermarket shopping on his son. Sunday especially, it's like that same group of zombies from two pm on a Sunday. It's like, we've got to.
Speaker 4: Do, you know, Patsy, We're about twenty years away from being those zombies. It's the old shufflers, you know, where they've got all the time in the world. They're just out the house to keep away from the grim Reaper and they spend an ages trying to find the sliced pineapple or mango.
Speaker 3: I don't you want to like about an old person go shopping, especially the old men still sometimes enough to get a suit on and go shopping.
Speaker 4: No, No, you're right. They're smart or at least a shirt on. They're smarter than anyone else there, aren't they. Why is that they always been smart? They've always been the dressed up thinking this is something to dress up for.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's an old time where like slacks and good shoes. If you're going out of the house, you were slize?
Speaker 4: Are they? They're not sliding around there anyway? So you had to go yesterday?
Speaker 2: It was just outrage. So you know, everything's getting dearer. And I actually had to look wed vegimite. We're out of vigimin. I guess we get veggimite maybe once a month, once every two months and once.
Speaker 4: An You go through it every day, loves it every day. I forget. It's a yeast powered nation, fossil fugere getting up the ground here, yeast and cold.
Speaker 2: I just found myself looking at the shelf. I thought that can't be right, and then I sort of adjusted my glasses.
Speaker 4: I can remember that were you in a TV at for spec Savis that my pe on here, I say, young man, of these numbers up saying down? Is this for the champagne?
Speaker 2: We buy the one hundred grand chart sing around?
Speaker 4: They're always really hammy, aren't they? The champagne we.
Speaker 2: Buy the one hundred gram jar. Last time I bought it it was eight No, it was eight dollars. Do you know how much it was yesterday? Tell us I nearly fell over. It was nine dollars. Forty ten bucks is a lot for vegm vegimi. We've only got one kid? How are these families with three and four kids feeding them?
Speaker 3: Is one hundred grands of the big one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: You don't go to office works stuff out the right the fire and they've got those big drugs of like coffee granuals, but coffee roast vegimion. You rolled it out like a still an oil drum.
Speaker 3: Like we got that in peanut butter one time. It was it didn't even come in the branding of the tube. Came in like an industrial white.
Speaker 4: Pea, a big sort of hotel, the Crown or something like that. Ten dollars is a long dollars.
Speaker 2: So when I did her, she has some vegemie and a salata every day for her morning smokeo at school. So not smoke a smoker, she's just chugging a dark but I normally, you know, you you spread it with a little bit of butter, then you put the vegemie and you've got like the drinks.
Speaker 4: Make a note that recipe. I didn't mean I was well to get into our cooking feature.
Speaker 2: I forgot off Wednesday, and you've got the dregs. So I just chucked the knife in the dishwasher with a little bit still on it. I thought, no, this is like liquid gold. So I scraped it onto the edge of the of the jar, even with the butter on the side of it. So it's got a bit of butter in there now.
Speaker 3: Like it last longer to expense it.
Speaker 4: Welcome to this week's First World Problems.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, in our show was saying how I think it might at the end of the year trump on an end of school play. Well, for grown ups who are given no speaking roles, you were just a thing in your school play. I've just seen this message that came into the show after the show ended yesterday. Christian, I was Judas's shadow, So not Judas, but Judases shadow in our.
Speaker 2: I feel sad, but you were a zombie to sing.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? I found out yesterday that my wife, who I know very very well, she's never shared this was just a drip of water. A drip of water was the play I said that She she I don't want. She buried it deep in the hurt locker shore. I don't remember. You must know what play I Said'm trying to rack in my mind. For all the possible blazes, Annie and bugs in Malone Oliver, that requires a key scene involving a drop of water that you could have had a significant moment in Christian I was ju just a shadow when our school played Jesus Christ Superstar, no words, just behind him the whole time, painted in the dark blue, wearing a sheet as well. Truly damaging to my psyche. This is why we're doing the high school rejects. More on that this morning, right now, though, if you're at work right now listening to the show, it is cold out there this morning. It's still dark. Everyone else has stood asleep waiting, waking up late on this morning. You're already at work. You're one of our six hour grinders. Yeah, grinding away the cold face of your life. We have have specific prizes and much for you. We see you. We have our knock on mugs and we just found out. I mean it's like Aladdin's Cave and the tardest that just keeps on going. The prize coveroard. You often hear like a radio DJ stort what prize covers and it doesn't really exist. There is actually a megastoreroom.
Speaker 3: It's huge, but it's in Aladdin's Cave.
Speaker 4: You ever been in there?
Speaker 3: I've been in there, yeah when And it's in the Aladdin's Cave that when you go and pick up the gold objects, you go like, oh, they're just cheap plastic. Really, that's what happens in our prize covered.
Speaker 4: Tell everybody what you are holding right.
Speaker 3: Now, some golden sunnies.
Speaker 4: I didn't know we even had these.
Speaker 3: Oh they're cool, Yeah, non branded, just got They're not for the show, they're not for Gold.
Speaker 4: Of Him, So what's the point never being made, there's no branding on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know even what we do with these.
Speaker 4: They look like, I'll tell you what we do with them. Give them away to lucky listeners.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 4: That's what we do with these highly coveted items.
Speaker 1: Br you're listening to the question of Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Who were Tony? Who's working right now in the UK and a police call center and listening to the show as well. I mean, if you should be taking emergency calls, maybe put the phone down. How he's got one air on us and one hell Maurice Johnson's in my flat. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're doing knock on Wednesday. Good morning, Christian, the team. Kelly here, truck driver up early this morning three point thirty, started driving four am from Melbourne en route to a schooker. I've called a couple of times Jack tom of this morning. My bluetooth, in his words, unbearable to hear. If he says unbearable to hear, it is unbearable to hear. We can't now shonky old bluetooth. I'm sorry, Kelly, but then listen gold them anyway. All right, So if you're at work right now, knock on Wednesday. You've knocked on. You're a six o'clock grinder nine four one four one oh four three, Gay, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you what's going on the background?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 1: Go?
Speaker 4: This is what the phone's going? Do you have to get that? Do you need to get it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I can't believe.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Are you? Are you work right now?
Speaker 6: I am at work?
Speaker 4: And what do you do?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 10: So I don't know why the phones ring?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Go?
Speaker 6: I work for Golden Valley helping Sheperdin.
Speaker 10: I'm in Sheperdin.
Speaker 4: And so with that health call, is that like an emergency call or someone's falling down a ravine?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: No, I don't wait, don't know.
Speaker 4: Now, Gay, I appreciate your your your dedication to the show, over your customers there, and how can we help you someonna? I hear you've got some information for Patsy.
Speaker 6: Oh, I have Patsy.
Speaker 9: If you would like a large tub of begimart.
Speaker 10: I think it's about five hundred grants. You just go to Costco and it's twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I haven't got a membership to Costco. We got went there once a few months back and got turned back because we didn't have to, like, didn't have the membership.
Speaker 4: Coaches rock up. You just have to be a member.
Speaker 2: You want a nightclub.
Speaker 4: The velvet rope very cheap velvet rope as well. You can buy it for nine ninety nine cheaper by the dozen.
Speaker 2: Sixty or seventy bucks for a membership, isn't it.
Speaker 10: It's sixty five dollars.
Speaker 9: But you can get charge in the same household or if people live in the same household.
Speaker 4: We signed up my wife. We tried to get lou not joking for the year. And this was two years ago. We're still the garage has still got another two hundred lou rolls.
Speaker 2: Am I going to put all that bulk stuff?
Speaker 4: We haven't been in the garage. We've got the mayonnaise in there. I could open up a little cafe at my garage easily, all right, costco five hundred grams for twelve bucks.
Speaker 2: Yep, Wow, that would last years.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that was a priorty business that bar Old Shepherdon. The people of Shepherdon right now can't get through. We're talking about serious and cheapest way to get you. It should be like fuel prices outside, how much how much by the barrel? All right, Kai, thank you very much, give us a call.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on? Was that Maracas.
Speaker 9: She picks up.
Speaker 4: Then it's like a sneak charmer. James coome onring.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good James. And are you already knocked on at work?
Speaker 9: Yes, we're at work at the moment.
Speaker 12: Just my boat's coming in now and then we get on and keep going backwards and forwards.
Speaker 4: And what do you do? Are you were just a foot passenger on the boat where you off to?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, I'm in operations for sea road ferries always between Sorrento and Queenscliff, and occasionally I'll drive the ship as well.
Speaker 4: So you a captain, Yes i am. How was it yesterday out there chopping?
Speaker 9: Oh it wasn't the best. It was actually quite rubbish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was windy yesterday.
Speaker 4: Why I asked Jack it was a fellow man of the season. Sound I would have been a choppy one out there. Yes, they are sailors. You know what we say plane seas mate for plain sailors.
Speaker 9: Well this is true. And until the time when you want to go to the pub.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, let me know when your next work and I want to get on the on the other Ferria. So what do you surrender? The Queen's Cliff.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's the one.
Speaker 4: I've been on that a few times. That is a lovely little trip. That is. Sometimes you see the dolphins.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah absolutely, we had dolphins a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: I was like looking at the ports isn't or the mega, mega rich people's homes that you see on the cliff face there as you're going past them all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, that's uh, that's Ports Sea And you've got the wind Foxes there, You've got the babes there.
Speaker 4: Do you know what when everyone peers over all these these big mega properties and it all you hear on that very is lind Fox. Yeah. Someone told me he's got a lift from his house that goes through the cliff down to the Bottle Cliffs, so we can get in a boat like a James Bond Baby James.
Speaker 3: It sort of sounds like you're doing a star.
Speaker 4: On the water of Melbourne. That's great, James, will send your price. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 9: Mate, Thanks, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Have a good morning and you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian and Patsy saying she's got no room to join up for Costco. Maybe ditch some of those easter trees. So you tried to sell us all on a few months bat Patrick in even you've got a good memory, do you remember that? Yeah, anyone's buying them. Everyone's buying them.
Speaker 2: Do you know how bad it is this Easter?
Speaker 6: This year?
Speaker 2: I couldn't find them.
Speaker 4: I've shoved them some you created your own influencer panic.
Speaker 2: Like, no, but I mean at home. I don't know where. I've shoved them in a cupboard somewhere. So we had no Easter decorations.
Speaker 4: Well, you couldn't find your own decoration.
Speaker 2: It's gone from one extreme to the other.
Speaker 4: In my mind, every room you go into in Patsy's home is like some sort of horde of play.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can't find yeah, yeah, like trying to open up the.
Speaker 4: Door or something like the dog treat and lamb chops on the floor and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That's why we've never been invited out there.
Speaker 4: All right? Nine four one four one o four three. If you already knocked on at work, Simon is come on in.
Speaker 5: Simon, Hey Christians made Simon?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's good to have a friend anywhere, Simon. How are you my friend? Simon?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 13: Many good?
Speaker 9: What's going on do you actually know someone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you do. Yeah, yeah, Simon from I recognized voice from regional fleet manager Enterprise, isn't it, yeah man, Yeah, and he's still changing the cars to all the presets to us.
Speaker 5: Well, trying to good mine, Yeah, trying to Yeah. So basically knocked on about six Squark half an hour late this morning because it was too cold to get out of bed and.
Speaker 4: His commitment employee of the month right there. I was, Simon, to get out of bed, trying to get your higher at the airport today and a little bit delayed. That's our man, Simon. On the inside. We didn't fancy it.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm fleet manager and basically I'm in charge of a group of details. They bring cars back from the airport, get them all cleaned and ready, and yeah, sometimes we find some interesting things left.
Speaker 4: In the vehicles, such as what are we found in there?
Speaker 7: Ah, everything and anything from you know, like little past on dolls that people leave in there where they go shopping, knickknacks and things like that. I've got a bag of coffee on coffee beans on your shelf at the.
Speaker 4: Moment, could be something else, sure, every.
Speaker 5: Now and then we might we might find a bottle of wine or a couple of beers and and things like that. So things like that we normally take the side. If that's it, people ring back, we tend to send them back to people. But you know, sometimes so h end up in our position.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and that's enterprise if you're looking for someone. All right, So simon, thank you very much for cor mate. We'll send you the knocked on mug.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: Always good to speak to one of your mates.
Speaker 4: I always say, called the show five too. If you can't, Oh, it's good to have friends like that. Okay, come on, guys, come on. We can't pick our family, but we can choose our friends. You're just jealous. You don't make nights. It's been too long since we spoken. Let's do it again. David. Good morning's my friend, David.
Speaker 9: How are you all right yourself?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good David. What are you knocked on doing?
Speaker 9: I'll do your composts up in the right yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What what do you mean you do compost? You make compost or your compost?
Speaker 9: Yeah, compost, But we brew all different products or greenwayte from all the cool nurseries in the area, and we blame it together and get it up to good temperatures.
Speaker 4: And so just like the city is obsessed with like single origin coffee and dry roast and stuff like that, batch you do the same thing with compost.
Speaker 9: Virtually.
Speaker 4: I have no idea to go to Bunnings of the Week and get my mother in or some compost and some what would do some really really smelly manure? Would it been chicken.
Speaker 9: Crap if it's really smell yeah, probably chicken manure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. And the guys said, this stuff really sinks. Need to put limes on top. Why would I need to put limes on top of it?
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't know why. I'd probably get rid of the smell, like you put.
Speaker 3: A lime in air corona.
Speaker 4: Yes that's smell. Yeah, you got it. Yeah, all right, David, We'll to send you on nock Tom Mark, have a great day, compost and thanks for going on the show. Beautiful, Thank you Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday on the show, and then so many emails we've come into today. I think we tapped a vein of pain when we start talking about what were you are high school reject. I was one of these where I didn't really get the great role at the school played. So I'm actually thinking about giving you all the do over where we actually host and put on We're seriously looking at doing this an end of the year school play for grown ups. If you didn't have a speaking role, or maybe you'd even have the courage to go an audition, it isn't too late. High school rejects needs you. Even hearing this song from Bugsy Malone, I love this song. I failed the audition to being Buggsy Malone. Have to go and sing, and you could pick take along your own song. I was like fourteen, and I chose Elvis. I was the only teenager in my school into Elvis. In the eighties, as you two Wam and Spound our Ballet were rising up the charts.
Speaker 3: We would have made sense to sing a song from Buggsy Malone.
Speaker 4: That's what he said. He went Elvis, okay, and I sung, And then I saw when they put the do you w mom, when it used to put that wall of shame up results and what you were Yeah, I was giving the roll of a mute knuckles the bounce who not only doesn't sing. He doesn't flip and speak. He cracks knuckles to sound effects. That that was me on the big stage. Patsy, you were a I.
Speaker 2: Was a zombie in Dracula Spectacular, but I only sang. Didn't get anything.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy, you were in the band. I was in the bed.
Speaker 3: That's a good way, would you say? Important role? But they do put you behind the curtains, so there's.
Speaker 4: No like white shirt, black slacks. Oh wow, all right, So some of the ones we had yesterday high school rejects.
Speaker 6: I was the wind in the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: I think I was in a garbage bag and I had streamers in my hand and I just had to run around the stage going whoa.
Speaker 8: I didn't even make it.
Speaker 10: I wanted to do a dancing role, but you had to pass the singing audition, and I never made the singing audition.
Speaker 6: I got Mary in the Christmas Play. The only line I had to say was why Joseph I had to put Baby Jesus in the cradle.
Speaker 15: As baby Jesus winning the cradle, I dropped Baby Jesus all right.
Speaker 4: I got an email here from doctor Alex White, Christian, I really want in this. When I was in high school, I was meant to be the assistant assistant director. Whither we really work happening out all kinds of non spicy rosie ad assistant director a kid. However, I had to go to hospital for surgery, but tom I recovered, the play was over a lot of help out. Please can I be the assistant director? I never got to be of your high school rejects musical. I'm now a doctor of psychology, so I'm a good and stressful situation so I can help support all the performers with their stage right and anxiety about getting back on stage. Brilliant, doctor Alexander White, you are the ad Christian. I was in my school Nativity play. I was cast as skipping girl, my role just skipping around the stage, around the major and then skip back off asap. Why are you giving out the chance for those that missed out on a part of the play. Why not give the rolls of the trees, rocks and doors to those that had lead roles.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 14: People like.
Speaker 4: Rio comes back next week, who was top Hole and fender on the roof, You will be the rock Rio life. It all evens out in the end, It all comes around. All right, give us school then what were you if you had a non speaking role in your school play? Our end of year school play needs you. The High School Rejects.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're gonna put an end of year school play. High School Rejects is for you. If you were given a bum roll, basically you were a thing. You weren't even a person, Christian. I was a star in the Nativity. No, no, not the star as in the Star and the Sky and the Bethlehem. Just another random star behind the actual star.
Speaker 3: Well, we need to make up the night sky somehow.
Speaker 4: Wearing a towel wrapped in silver tinsel. Hillary was the color red in a rainbow for Wizard of Oz. Catherine was a sunflower. We all know that key part of the Chitty chitch Bang Bang story. A sunflower. Holly, What were you? Then?
Speaker 6: I was a sheep?
Speaker 4: What was the school play?
Speaker 16: I was just like a Nativity you know play. I literally was shuffled on on my hands and knees and I had to bar every soften and then I was shuffled off. But the worst part was is literally my costume was thrown over my back and it was one of the sheepskin rugs, but not the nice fluffy ones you see nowadays, the actual liked freshly cut, No, not quite freshly shed, but the sort of the off cut but not so nice.
Speaker 4: Encrusted in them.
Speaker 16: So yeah, so that was my starring role.
Speaker 4: I kept my head down for a lot of it, all right, Holly the sheep, thank you very much for giving us a call. Let's go to Peter. Now, come on and Peter, Laura god, Peter. So what were you in your high school play?
Speaker 9: I was a magnificent duck.
Speaker 4: A duck. Did you get to quack?
Speaker 9: No? There was three ducks and I was the silent and I didn't get.
Speaker 11: To quack.
Speaker 4: A slid mysterious duck.
Speaker 9: If you're going to roll for a duck, mane, I'm happy to give it a quack.
Speaker 4: You can quack in our play. Peter, Peter, thank you very much. You could always love to hear from you. Catherine, Good morning, Good morning, Catherine. What were you in the school play?
Speaker 6: I was the Ghost of Christmas Past and I had no lines. I had a massive black gown on and I had a mask, and I needed to walk down about five or six steps and.
Speaker 5: From the second step.
Speaker 10: I fell down to the bottom step.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yeah, I fell over in our junior school. I was Joseph and I slipped over. It got the biggest laugh of the night. I really hurt my head. I was concussed, but I stayed down there just lapping up those laughs.
Speaker 3: And that's when you people knew that you.
Speaker 4: I watched a life in comedy pratfalls. I've been tumbling for a life laughter ever since.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a sting character of the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a bro, you're pro Catherine. This is the kind of thing we need in our high school rejects. Play all right, kid, the calls coming then, what non speaking role were you?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast, so.
Speaker 4: We feel like we're flying the plane of the show at the moment, just on one engine. Producer Caitlin obviously would have heard quite a bit from her during the matildas, and producer Rio big parts of what we do on and off air. They're actually on holiday at the moment. I fout this morning when I was freezing cold this morning, I put my dog out half for I got a photo from Rio in Edinburgh. It's just him giving me a double thumbs up. I'm in dinner at my favorite restaurant Edinburgh. No words, is he goading me? What's he.
Speaker 6: To me?
Speaker 4: No words of him with a big mottle of red wine. They're cheesy going away and good honey, your mate whils there on their holidays. We're doing the show. We're down to producers now, of course we're pros at this. We hide into extra people. One of them's got COVID, one of them's very ill after working on Friday night being amongst some of you guys. So we really are. We are down people on the show.
Speaker 3: We're desperate.
Speaker 4: And the big thing is we take a lot of calls during the show. Big part of this show, the life blood is you guys calling in. That means people taking the calls and weeding through them, heavy duty weeding some parts of the show. And yesterday were saying we actually need extra help. A guy called in quite of you if you called in, and I said, look, if you're on the phones all day with your job and you're good at this, and you know you're going to give us a call because we do need some help over the next seven days. Man calls in Lindsay's been doing. He's working in Telly sales and that for years, training people customer services. High end, okay, high end has an amazed voice. How doesn't this Lindsay's going to be taking a calls in a couple of minutes time, Lindsey, good morning.
Speaker 17: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you see even on that tenny little producers, microphone, solid pipes. Lindsey, how does it feel to be in here? You're ready to take our calls for the show and work for us.
Speaker 17: Well, when you're on the phone, you've gotta be ready for anything. So let's let's get it happening.
Speaker 4: Now. There are calls and customer service, and then I think beyond that we're at the sharp end of the redge on radio stations and kind of queries we have. So all right, let's test Lindsey out now. All right, in a couple of minutes time, after Patsy's news, you're going to hear him live talking to you, so you can all hear how he gets on right now though calling on nine four one four, one oh four to three normally obviously a lot of the weeding that goes on, lots of people just call the show about random queries. Why don't you play more fifties music? Why don't you play more insert whatever band it is that you're into. I won a prize with Higgo, I won a prize six years ago. What was that song you played two weeks ago? I don't know how it goes. I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of weeding.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of wink is mainly weeding. Can I have one McCartney tickets? Can I have Taylor Swift tickets? The one that they're here? Can you help me out with bombers? Can you get me Instagram final? My husband's had a really big year calling with all that. Now, all of that, this is your time. This is your time. Lindsay will be dealing with you twenty years. He reckons he's very good at customer service. Let's test Lindsay, how good is he? All right? So open calls? Whatever your query is nine four one four one oh four three and if you're back to tie in thought, I can't bother them with this.
Speaker 11: You can?
Speaker 4: Today is taking your calls?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, helping this out as we are down to producers, Rio and Kaylin are on holiday. We had extra people to cover them, Amy and Natalie. They're all sick COVID still in the community. So we really are down a couple of people on the show this week. And the big thing we need help with is people taking calls. Thanks to you offer to help out. Patsy had had one.
Speaker 2: Well, I am writing news in here. Do you want to split me in?
Speaker 4: What's it called Phoebe that does that every day?
Speaker 2: She doesn't do it all I do do some.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Look what I'm saying is, guys, we're down somehow Jack, we need help, maybe pick up the phone occasionally. We need help taking your calls, all right? And so Lindsay heard this yesterday when I say, look, if you're in your job, are you on the phones all day? Because a lot of people aren't. Sometimes when you speak to someone in customer service, they're very, very good at what they do. And so Lindsay called it and he was so good, such a great voice. He's coming this morning to take your calls live right now, Lindsey. So you deal, you've done this for like twenty odd years customer service. Yeah, it was my life.
Speaker 17: It was my career for a very very long time, twenty years of customer service sales, you name it, just trying to get people's what they need and to find.
Speaker 1: Solutions for them.
Speaker 4: And what do you do when people just come on and they just angry straight away? What are you trained to do with that?
Speaker 17: You're trained to listen to them first.
Speaker 4: You're a very calming voice. By the way, why don't you do those kind of hypno late night hypnosis things help people go to sleep. You're in a calm room. We need to give you a late night love show, the old late night love shows. You're listening to late night laugh.
Speaker 17: Love songs and dead imacations.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, so you're happy to take a few calls now sounds fun? All right? So these are random people who were calling in right. There were various queer and.
Speaker 3: This is what it is like for us off during the song.
Speaker 4: It is raw.
Speaker 3: You don't just get the best stories. You get people complaining, questions, random stuff of all kinds.
Speaker 4: All right, there's run open lines right now. You do with it now? Okay, welcome to one O four.
Speaker 17: Who am I speaking with.
Speaker 9: Brendan hay doing by there?
Speaker 17: Brennan, how can I help you?
Speaker 13: I made. I'm running a Grand Final event at the Calm brew House. I'm during a Grand finale. You Ca'm just wonder if I could plug it for in publicity.
Speaker 17: Having that sounds absolutely brilliant And so what day is that going to be on?
Speaker 13: So it's on Wednesday, the twenty seventh of September. Matthew Richardson, Anthony Cuter, Chris Kevin Sedy, Tony Shaw, Jason akermanis and it's going to be hosted by lemo oh Man.
Speaker 17: Is there anyone not turning up?
Speaker 3: That sounds absolutely fantastic?
Speaker 13: Massive line up, tinket start from fifty nine bucks. It's on events right on the Grand Final greatness and hoping it can sell out.
Speaker 17: It sounds like you've got a got a big day there? Are you absolutely packing it?
Speaker 3: So yeah, we don't want to speak to him on here, No, we'll make.
Speaker 17: Sure to get that information out there on probably some of our socials. What do you think about that?
Speaker 13: Awesome? Appreciate it a Brennan, have a lovely day. So you have a good one.
Speaker 4: So far, so good. All I would say is perfect foam manner, pick up the pace, Okay, yeah, pretures everything.
Speaker 3: If you can tell that and have a great story. You've got to get them off quickly.
Speaker 17: As David is, okay, Okay, here we come next. Okay, who am I speaking with.
Speaker 4: David here?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 17: There, David? How can I help you?
Speaker 9: I just thought i'd led to Melbourne Notes some important news, so I'm good news on the weekends. I bought a nineteen ninety four to Ltd with blue blue interior.
Speaker 4: And why should I be interested in that little bit? We can't have.
Speaker 9: Your job with.
Speaker 4: Twenty years of experience and it took here was one half decent calls.
Speaker 3: I tell you take a case. I'm at tempted to say that a lot, but you can't.
Speaker 17: Okay, David, that sounds absolutely that sounds absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: It was an easy one. Brennan was Anthony could have hosted by Limo a good cause.
Speaker 17: David, your car sounds absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Nancy, This is Nancy now, Okay, welcome to go one O four?
Speaker 3: Who am I speaking with Nancy?
Speaker 17: Nancy?
Speaker 4: How can I help you today?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 15: I would really really want Paul McCartney tickets.
Speaker 17: Oh my goodness, absolutely everybody is wanting that. What is your favorite non Beatles Paul McCartney song non Beatles that's right, Yeah, we'll make sure we get that played for you.
Speaker 4: What is it.
Speaker 6: Beatles song?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Nancy, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Never give them too much?
Speaker 3: Who gets you on another time?
Speaker 17: Don't you worry?
Speaker 3: Keep listening out.
Speaker 17: You might be able to win tickets.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Lindsey. We're going to keep your name on filet you so much. I like that now people have got a good idea of what it's like in real life. The fact that you snapped.
Speaker 1: Christian Connald's show podcast.
Speaker 4: The radio station Nurse has just taken away Paul. Lindsey's in tears. You're all a bit too much for him, Christian, Is Lindsay's still there? I was trying to call through. I turned fifty two in July. I haven't had my bow screening kit. I've been pooping in ice cream containers for two months now. Lindsey, come back, Lindsey, come please come back. Jack and I were just saying that Lindsay genuinely got such a great voice. For reasons that we actually can't go into. This radio show is being heard again from next week at midnight in full. Like I said, we really can't go into it.
Speaker 3: I'm just taking the whole three hours.
Speaker 4: You don't know about this past.
Speaker 3: I really brand new midnight to three am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just going to because you know, if you're working through the night, and it must Goodness knows how confusing that must be to know what time and space you are. What I'd love to hear is breakfast shots starting at mid everybody, Good morning morning Melbourne. You're like, what is it in April? Fools? What are they doing a breakfast?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 2: Have they run out of music or something?
Speaker 4: I tell you this hand on heart. In no way is it to do with saving money. I don't want anyone saying that this is about quality entertainment overnight, isn't it really? It's all coming from a good place of the station. Boss Sue going, do you know what we're underserving midnight listeners? We're just music.
Speaker 3: All the emails coming in from people who listen only two am, and I said, hey, listen, I chat the guys.
Speaker 4: We'll come back in at midnight. Goo, I've got one thing better. I'll just repeat the show that was played out about sixteen hours previously. But my point is Lindsay had such a great calming voice. I said to him, what you should get some work as a voiceover guy, but just don't obviously use the deal Marte work that's mine, okay, I said, you should do some of the other stuff, more low hanging through okay, but the rich pickings on the shrank and slopes to me, so if you don't mind, that's an englishman's watchover man.
Speaker 3: You work your way up to tea. Don't start out at.
Speaker 4: The top of the totem pold okay. But the other stuff, I don't mind you having a little bit of those scraps off my table. And I'm saying, why don't we hireling to be the voiceover guy for the midnight show that starts next mon perfect by the way, and we settled a name for that. We had three. One of them was Midnight Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Christie O'Connell, the Midnight Cowboy.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: Then you hear a whip crack sound.
Speaker 4: Effect, then you can do all that. Let's get him back in all right, So after it's not some morning, we're doing a part two. We had so many great calls yesterday on two phone ins. We were doing poorly secured items like these and the.
Speaker 9: Tradesmen's I had a van or I'll do the right thing and going mo, my.
Speaker 4: Mother fis up. We've joined this one halfway through and the tradesman.
Speaker 13: So I had a van or I'd do the right thing and going mo, my mother's lawn.
Speaker 9: So I put the lawnmower in the van. I thought my nuts were pretty good.
Speaker 12: But when I took off at an intersection, the lawnmower went backwards and puffed the back window out of the car.
Speaker 13: So I put the back in and I thought, oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's right, I'll be fine. I went off and guess what happened again?
Speaker 6: I was shifteen homes.
Speaker 16: My trailer had to chest the drawers on it, and I didn't secure them very well.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you get the idea. You had to be there at the time. Actually want anybody to hear this one midnight cowboy writing you all that long show giddy up listeners. Anyway, we trust me. They were They were good. They were good. You really had to be there yesterday. They were the b sides Lindsey Come Back ninety four three. Your story is about poorly secured items. Now we all sound some great stories to get nervous. Now I'm not playing this best of We have some great stories. Yesterday about knocks at the door.
Speaker 14: We got to knock at the door about eleven pm.
Speaker 8: Open the door and there was a life sized cutout of Legalists and Arragon from Lord of the Greens at.
Speaker 6: Our front door.
Speaker 16: We don't know who dropped it off to this.
Speaker 8: Day half about four five o'clock in the morning, knock at the door. There's my next door neighbors and she was holding the hands of my three and four year old children, who had decided if we stand on the back of the couch, we can unflick the slide chain and go and play in the street.
Speaker 15: Sawmy nights about Sam's massive question. We could hear someone who'd broken through the window was walking through the kitchen because you could hear the glass crunching. So I go to the door and the police come through, brandishing their guns and everything, and they go with security intruder was your market umbrella?
Speaker 4: See they were good, no loose nuts there.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Call us your stories about PAULI secured items and there was a knock at the door. Peza, I'm good, Piza. So PAULI secured item? What's your story made.
Speaker 9: That's if we pull secured item. I actually I was about a and a and I worked for budget rented cart and we used to have to drive the rental cars around the block to the front of the office.
Speaker 11: And I'm the way around. It was like a raised railway line. A couple of people that hired a bus with a box trailer, and I had taken off around the block and I went out of the railway line, looked in the revision mirror and was trying to outrun and was trailer on the bus, and it was rapidly catching up to me. And eventually the bus got ahead of it and it came to the crash into a tree, and I had to take the trailer around to the front of the office and explained to the people that we had to get a replacement. Needless to say, the boss did not send me to go get the replacement trailer.
Speaker 4: So we're all up to speed. So you went one way, the trailer went the other.
Speaker 11: Well, now I was actually the trailer came unhitched and was chasing me down the road, actually following me at the same speed. Yeah, I was actually trying to run it in a bus and it was rapidly gaining on me for a.
Speaker 4: While there terminating stood out there right now. It's got to a juicer, Yes it was.
Speaker 9: It was doing this moment quicker than I could get here, to be honest.
Speaker 4: All right, Peter, thank you very much for story mate Catherine here. Good morning, Catherine, Good morning Kristen. All right, So a knock at the door. What was the other side of it? What's your story for us?
Speaker 11: Mate?
Speaker 10: I heard a knock at the door. I was sitting on the couch in the lounge room when suddenly this bulldog runs in. It runs in, jumps on the couch, jumped off the couch, round the room, into the kitchen, eats the cat food in the ball, runs out the front door, down the street, and I never saw it again.
Speaker 4: So there was a knock at the door, and it was a bulldog. Dog. Yes, there he goes on the corner going did it that? Did you give me the money? I said, I do it?
Speaker 3: So the dog knocked on the door or the dog's owner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, the door was partially opened, so it sounded like a knock when the dog pushed the door fully open.
Speaker 4: Got it a poor knock? Yeah? All right, Katherine, thank you very much. The story your stories about there was a knock at the door and poorly secured items.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're on your way home, maybe a shift worker, and you worker through the hours, gen you can barely catch any of the show. You don't hear a couple of minutes of it, and you're like, God, I wish i'd heard this whole show, but I can't because I work from midnight till three News rocking your midnight world from Monday. This breakfast show, second chance to hear it in full at midnight? Okay nine four one o four three Your stories about knock at the door and poorly secured items. This is from Patrick Chris mcin eighties. My dad was a cheese salesman. Do you know what we could do? Cals about? What did your mom and dad sound cheese salesman in that living suitcase? The boot full of cheese? The boot of Cheese sounds like a great feature winner car Boots of Cheese. In the eighties, my dad was a cheese salesman and we had a family holloed to a chuka where he was to sell a fried tea of cheese. It's a holiday going out on a business trip. So all four kids and Mam and Dad getting the Ford Falcon to make the trip from Melbourne to a Chuka, plus all the cheese, all our gears, suitcases and many cartons of cheese were strapped to the roof of the Falcon, wheeled up to speed the cheese on the roof. About halfway to a Chuoka there was a loud bag you guessed it. The suitcases and all the cars of cheese come loose, falling off the roof of the car and the cheese, which were mainly Etam and gouda Christian suddenly racing pasta car on the side like bowling balls of cheese. That comes from Patrick. Thank you for sending prize. That's a very funny story. All right, let's go to Susie.
Speaker 14: Good morning Susie, Good morning Christian, Jack and Patsy.
Speaker 4: How are you we going, Susie. Welcome to the show. So you've got to still about poorly secured item I do.
Speaker 14: My husband and I a few years ago, we're driving down the Surf Coast Highway heading towards Talkie and in front of us there was a car with a trailer attached and on the trailer was a huge water tank. Anyway, we've proceeded to follow this car for a while, and then the water tank became dislodged, fell off the back of the trailer, and started rolling down the highway towards us like the boulder out of Indiana Jones. So we're deciding do we go left? Do we go right? We managed to avoid being taken out by.
Speaker 4: Their well tank.
Speaker 14: But yeah, not something you do with every day. So definitely a very poorly poorly secured eyes of Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whenever I'm I'm behind when there's are whether you got logs or poles of the worst on the scaffold involves.
Speaker 3: I still remember the trailer for Final Destination where a log comes up, so lock goes through the Ever since then I saw the movie Drive, I refuse to drive.
Speaker 4: I try and change lanes.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Even now I'm itching with the anticipation of one of those logs coming through my head, and then I can't do my midnight show, which is always my dream when I moved here. Susie, thank you very much, you.
Speaker 1: Cool, Thank you. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So we were just talking about the movie Final destination and how were the logs coming off the back and coming through the car? How it? You know, there are some movies that obviously stay with you and they change your perception. And yeah, so obviously the most class one of that Jaws terrified millions of people all over the world made us fear going too well, for perhapsy going to the toill, it would going to the beach, getting in the seat, final destination. I remember you remember the movie is the Hangover movies? Right? Even now this isn't obviously very often, but it's still changing my behavior. If I'm ever about to step onto the roof somewhere, I'm leaving that door propped open because of the movie The Hangover.
Speaker 3: Because they get locked on the roof.
Speaker 4: That's what he is. He's on the roof the whole time because it's slams shut and it's a security door, it's a fire exit.
Speaker 3: How often you walking around on roof?
Speaker 4: You know? Once or twice a week? Jack, when I do my midnight show Midnight Cowboy Jack. Have you as a movie it changed your behavior? Other than Jaws?
Speaker 3: Yes, I now fear looking into microscopes. And I can't remember the TV show or the movie but someone will know what this is from. There's a movie where a guy looks into a microscope and then as he goes to adjust the focus through the eyepiece of the microscope, two blades come into his eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's revolting.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh sorry, I thought you had the answer to what the movie was. I don't horror movie.
Speaker 3: I guess so, yes, is it? It's none of the sort I would never watch anything like.
Speaker 4: No, it's not contagion, is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's would it be James Bond?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Hang on, young Josh in the studio. What do you reckon? You've got? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It rings a bellot could have been from.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't put your hand up. Is that okay? We can get people calling in with that. No, don't play the character of a caller. Sorry about that. We've got some pea platers in the studio. Today, bring Lindsay man.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Just about to come up with today's time wastter. Tomorrow the show we will come back to this. Movies that left such an impact on you, they made you change your behavior. Jack was the describing movie where the guy is looking through a microscope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's looking through the eyepiece of a microscope. Then as he goes to focus it and actually sends two blades into his eyes.
Speaker 4: Jack is the movie Species. You're welcome, Hayden.
Speaker 3: Most people on the phone thought it was The Phantom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone here is going from The Phantom here. I do remember that movie for one main thing bit the great Billy Y saying what there needs to be revival for Billy's Ay? All right, on the time wast today, there's a chance you to walk away with a Unidon Appcam Solo Pro two K security camera. It's a WiFi security camera and spotlight in one for the best in show. We're looking for your dental movies. What are the dentists watching watching? Well, I'll tell you what. They love that little cartoon with Tom Hanks's voice in it. That's right, the Molar Express Gold Bill and Ted they love, Yeah, yeah, excellent, excellent denther silver. They played well at midnime. They don't want tell you what they like men who stare down throats. Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 3: Gold Plus.
Speaker 4: They also love there's something about tooth fairy silver rhymes. That's what I went with Jackie boy. What have you got dental movies?
Speaker 3: Edward inside a hen Oh that's very helpful. Yes, gold trading bracers, also gold pippy long flossings no silver plus and teenagemut and ginger fighters.
Speaker 4: Very good gold. All right, what have you got dental movies? Textam in O four seven five three one oh four three brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'crl show podcast time now to.
Speaker 4: Mark your time wasters. We're looking for your dental movies on the show. Jack you really tomorrow, let's go best in show wins that unit insecurity camp. Sorry, I don't know I was showing. I was spooking it there.
Speaker 18: Dental movies brush it like Beckham silver hoop fillings, silver plus drilling this daisy gold floss baby gold, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Heck Hailey hell cane eye and a half weeks silber fiddler on the roof of your mouth gold. Anytime we get a top more one like that, Thank you, Jules Fangs but the day off Silver Edward toothbrush hands by Sidney the eight year old gold tooth Locker from No. Ten Things I Coldgate about you Silver jugumgy gold that's very good, John saving private rhymes, baby teeth Gold. That's very good. Sam and Juice Bigelow the drilling Jiggilow Silver. All right, who's best in show today?
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Jules the Fiddler on the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 4: All right, world done, Jews.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: There you go tomorrow's show Today. On tomorrow's show, then we get to you call. So we started to get today when we're talking about movies that made you change your behavior other than Jaws? Can I just say other than Jaws about let's call it other than Jaws, movies that made you change your behavior? Now tomorrow's show, guys, we're about to say goodbye to Show nine hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Congratulations guys, breaking new ground.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning will show number one thousand. So after tomorrow's show, me, Jack and Patsy, we're all going out for breakfast, going down to marlbur at the Langham. And I thought it was a nice surprise for you too, all right, I would stay here, you two would head down there at eight thirty. Okay, I wanted something really nice to pick you up. It from here in Richmond, So I rang on the producer two nights ago. I said, hey, listen, I've got an idea. Can we get a horse drawn cart to pick them up at eight thirty? Because it will take a bit of time, right, and it might also put a disturbed traffic to make slow progress to get to the Langham. I don't know how Andre, the manager would feel about a horse dump in its backside. Now, you know Tommy, Tommy is a very you know, he's a very serious our man. He's he's there to often to protect the show from Shenanigan's at times. He just said to me, can't get the permits in time?
Speaker 2: Oh for the horses, you need a special permit.
Speaker 4: Accord to Tommy, you need a horse drawn carriage permit.
Speaker 3: So how getting down in there?
Speaker 4: We're just gonna get a uber. Look, one thousand shows, ubers.
Speaker 1: All the word. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast