Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Kombo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where we chat mindset, self development and becoming your higher self. Mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life cast you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, Happy Friday, and welcome back to the potty. Today we have a very fun hotline for you, and we are chatting about money. We had a question shared in the Facebook group from a listener who's struggling with abundance. She's currently earning ninety five K and she feels like it's not enough, especially when she compares it with what she sees on some influencers Instagram pages and what they earn. So we unpack this. We're a little bit brutal. So brutal, but brutal with love, you know, that's how we roll. So strap in we come from all angles to So yeah, a bit of an interesting episode. But before we get into that, guys, we officially launched our brand new course, Find Your Voice, yesterday. So basically, this is a step by step guide course that shows you how to start and scale a podcast. So we get questions all the time on how to start a podcast, how to prepare episodes, all the things you know, if you're a small business, if you have a personal brand, or even if you just want to do it for a bit of fun. We totally have your back. And for me, starting the podcast was one of the best things I ever did. And oh, I'm just I'm so grateful that I did.
Speaker 2: That, especially because you know, thank you, especially because you know, four years ago, like it wasn't a usual thing.
Speaker 1: And that's also another thing is like people are like, oh, but isn't it saturated and I don't believe in saturation because I believe if like authentic to yourself, if you have a purpose and a mission and what you're creating, like, you can absolutely still use a podcast scale of podcast and it can be the best thing you ever do.
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent agree because even if you look at things like Instagram and TikTok, for example, you could have said in like twenty eighteen, isn't it saturated? But think about the amount of people that have like blown up since then. Yes, and yeah, just don't limit yourself.
Speaker 1: It's a limiting belief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially because you know, a podcast can be something you literally just do for yourself as entertainment, or even something as like maybe you want to get better at public speaking, maybe you want to face that fear.
Speaker 1: It can be like a very personal thing, or maybe it's because you're craving a community. I actually have two best friends that started a podcast all about the difficulties with trying to conceive because they, you know, and this is the time when I was trying to conceive also, and we're all going through this thing and it was really isolating, and so they wanted to start a podcast. They're like, I you know, I want to first of all speak about how I'm currently feeling, because you know that will help others, but also bring people into my world where we're going through this and support each other. And they brought together such an amazing community that really like helped them through that time and it was just so powerful. And then of course you can use a podcast to scale your business, like you know, if you think about the podcast in RNC a tear, we obviously use it to talk about our courses, which is a revenue avenue. We obviously chat about Naked Harvest, We chat about all the things. I just truly believe it's such an amazing channel to first of all put out long form education and content that you know, people can listen to on their drive or as they're getting ready for work, and it's just so powerful, and it can just be such an amazing supporting channel for your you know, small business or and anything like that. So clearly I'm a big podcast. So oh my god, we're so excited. That is going to be available to purchase next Tuesday, and we do have like an early bird price for that. So if you if that sounds like something you want to do, you just want to have a bit more education around how to start and scale a podcast that is going to be all available next Tuesday, obviously just for us on Instagram for all that week update. Oh my god, Tia, we had I'll worry both of it.
Speaker 2: Christ I honestly didn't expect how emotional this one was.
Speaker 4: Neither.
Speaker 3: I cried.
Speaker 1: I cried, toue. I cried actually the morning before I got to the event, because I went for a walk and I just wanted to, like, you know, come up with my intro speech and just really fill into it. And I was like watching the sunrise with my coffee cry just because of the thought of, like, oh my god, this is such a course that came from such obviously a passion project from me again craving a community of like minded moms, and just the testimonials and the people we met and the stories we heard, like full body shivers completely.
Speaker 3: I think I had like you spoke and I cried and Nikola did hit the breath work and I cried, and I heard what other people were saying in the journaling session, and I got so emotional because everyone was just so vulnerable.
Speaker 1: So vulnerable and just so beautiful, and I think I was saying to I was saying to you guys of like, obviously we get the most amazing testimonials and dms and messages and they're so special and like I generally love them, but it's just a different experience when someone is saying to your face, you have changed my life. You have changed my relationship with my husband, and I no longer like have resentment towards my baby, like really strong stuff that you're like, holy shit, yeah we did that, and it's like that for me. I just I don't know, it was amazing. My little soul's like I think I've been on a high ever since. Yeah, such a such a beautiful high, and it was just so amazing to meet some of you guys in person. It's like nothing I love more. But should we get into the episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, already we're here with a GEZ hotline and this one is juicy. So our question is, hi, guys, this one was also shed in our Facebook community, so if you do like this, be sure to hop in there. We'll pop the link in show notes because we have chats like this all the time. But the question, I'm struggling a lot with my money mindset and feeling grateful for what I'm on. I'm on ninety five k before tax excluding super but these days that feels like it doesn't go a long way, especially when so many influences on Instagram are earning so much money. If you had told me one years ago I'd be on what I'm I am now, I wouldn't believe you. But now it feels so average, and being financially abundant is something I value. According to the ABS, the median salary in OZ is now ninety three k combining all employee earnings from Lotus super High.
Speaker 1: I love this so much, mean too, Let's fucking unpack this. Yes, is so good. That's so interesting about the medium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think when you put it into perspective though, that includes like people who are earning hundreds of millions of dollars and billions of dollars, yeah, billions, and then scalium also to like your casual workers who were still in school maybe making twenty k me it came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. I think it was about twelve. But great for me. Amazing. So okay, well, let's like, let's clearly talk about the energetics of this, because like we're clearly not financial advisors. Yeah, so we're talking clearly through a manifesting lens. Just a little.
Speaker 3: Cavia disclaimer disclaimer that. Yeah, and before I get in trouble.
Speaker 1: So, I think the biggest thing here is really looking at I tolt like one hundred percent. You know, there's a lot happening happening economically and that sort of thing. I don't know for me, ninety five thousand a year seems pretty fucking good.
Speaker 3: Though, Yes, I I think that's a lot of money. Well, I just.
Speaker 1: Think, I guess not from okay, I think from an energetic sense is like and I obviously I don't know this persons circumstances or anything like that, but it doesn't even matter what that figure it is is. You can tell it's their feelings around how they're feeling, because she even says like I'm struggling like feeling grateful for what I have, So essentially like.
Speaker 3: This can happen at any number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you struggle to feel abundant, it's really important to currently look at your relationship with money, your relationship with what you're spending money on, and just even like the energetics of you know, if I truly believe if you can't make this amount of money work, you're not going to be happy at any amount of money because it's not actually about the figure, it's your relationship to the money.
Speaker 3: And I think what you'll find is as soon as you start shifting into that feeling of abundance, you will attract Even if it's not physically a higher wage or a bonus, you will still get the things you want. Yeah, and you'll somehow get some crazy deal on it and get it so much cheaper than what it normally is. If it's like say a very expensive car, it's like what you.
Speaker 1: Focus on expands. So this person is currently focusing on what they don't have. They have lack. They're earning this amount of money, but it's not enough. And even like her, you know, comments about seeing influences have something she doesn't, she is so focused on lack and it's like, well, of course, if you're focus on lack, nothing is ever going to be enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so you know, even coming from the perspective of like a logical perspective of maybe you need to have a look about look at what you're currently spending money on. And I use to do this thing personally when I was earning sixty k as a law clerk, and I actually think it was a bit less than that, and I used to kind of decide what was important to me. So personally eating out for like expensive dinners with Timothy was just never a big thing for me. It has definitely developed where I do love a good meal now as I've gotten older, But back then I didn't really like the taste of alcohol, didn't really get the whole expensive food thing, and I personally would ray rather me and Tim go get a syeballs and we sit on the beach and we have a date day, and like, those sorts of things meant something to me. So it's like I would then never go and spend money on an expensive dinner with girlfriends or Tim or you know our combined budget going to that, because I was like, well, that just doesn't do anything for me. Whereas, for example, I remember I used to or still very im used to be obviously very focused on my health. So for example, I remember I used to save so I can see a nature path because those sorts of things were important to me, and they made me feel abundant or they made me have the feeling of what I wanted, and they were like, I remember I used to literally put money aside to go to you know, the wholesome grosser and to buy organic and to the bulk sauce where you like buy all the things in the bags. And that was something important to me. So I would plan and prioritize that and also deprioritize things like not go out for fancy dinners, not buy design of things, because I was like, this is what is important to me. So with this person, it's like, could you even have a look at like what are you actually spending your money on? Do you actually care about it or are you just doing it because you want to seem a certain way or you think you should like that thing but you actually don't. Because from the message, I'm just getting the vibes of like she's not actually fulfilled. Yeah, she needs to put it into something that is actually going to light her up and make her feel like I'm that feels good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's so important. And I think I'm similar where food isn't really something that lights me up. Like I'm happy to go here and there for someone's birthday or for like a special occasion, but It's definitely not something I want to be doing weekly because if you think about it, I mean, I don't necessarily drink, but that's like if you're going to a nice restaurant sixty to one hundred dollars every weekend, I.
Speaker 1: Would see I think I'd say more than that at yeah.
Speaker 3: Potentially, Yeah, I would much rather put that sixty to one hundred dollars a week either into paying my health and fitness coach because that makes me feel really good that I have that and I have that accountability, or putting that literally into a jar so that on my birthday I can buy myself something designer love, which is actually something I've done this year. I've just put a little bit of money every week into a job, physical cash because it makes me feel like I'm saving. And then on my birthday I'll count how much I have and see like, ooh, what can I buy myself? And that makes me feel good. Yeah, And that's a priority of mine, and travel is a priority of mine. So I will have a certain amount of a week that will go into travel because it's something that fills up my cup and what I do with that, whether it's five weekends away or one holiday is up to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember when I was at UNI. When I was you know, literally I think I used to earn like maybe three hundred bucks a week and I was living out of home, so I really had to make that stretch. Yeah, and so I would never eat out. I would take all my lunches to UNI. I would never eat anything out because it was just too expensive for me. Yeah, I would never buy a coffee. I would never buy food. But to me, it didn't feel like I was going without like I want that. I never focused on that because I was like, well, I want this money to obviously pay for rent and then to go out on the weekend. Yeah, because I was going through my eighteen stage I was at UNI. Yeah you mean, and so I was happy to go without buying lunches every day at UNI because I was like, dude, that's fucking seventy bucks. I can spend the glob.
Speaker 3: Yeah on three drinks.
Speaker 1: Literally, yeah, let's I wasn't spending in the I was like just entry, Look, you gotta do what you got to do. But that's what I mean is like I remember very specific moments in my life where I've gone, Okay, this is what I want, So I need to sacrifice this and that's fine because you know, I don't care and it makes me healthier to not, you know, buy Uni lunches every single day. Yeah, and I one hundred percent like agree. It can feel like this, oh I'm going without, but again, it's what you make of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I just feel like these days you can find like dupes for everythink like literally, if you want something designer, you can find something that I'm not talking like full like ripoffs. I'm talking like, oh, I'm kind of liking a bag like this, and there's a similar one and the iconic or you know, you don't have to get the most expensive thing.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I find dupes and then realize they are dupes. I didn't realize they had like technically copied something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I literally did that with my current ballet flats. They look like the Chanel and it went's like, oh my god, if you got the Sheell ballet flat, I'm like what.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, oh my god, I love the shell flat.
Speaker 3: But mine were like.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty bucks and so like thousands, so yeah me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and it's like like I think having and That's also another thing is I remember being on sixty K when I was a law clerk, and there were friends around me who were like I had friends who.
Speaker 1: They got a job straight after school, so by the time I got a job, they were like four years into their career. Yeah, so they were on like, you know, I think around eighty K. And so I had friends buying designer things and living that lifestyle and going out to dinners. And I remember thinking, that's really great for them. I'm just not at that stage. And so like, for example, I never ever bought anything designer because I was just like that stupidest thing ever, Like I can't afford it, and it was just such a logical thing to me. But I just wasn't worried because I'm like, it's all cool. I was very happy to live within my means and not look around and get I guess like focus on the scarcity. I really looked within and I was like, how cool I really have everything I need because you know, on that wage, me and Tim bought our first house together. It was very cheap. It was like a little townhouse before everything. No, No, I worked through that. You know, I've lived out at home since I was nineteen, so very much paid my own way. I always, you know, had my gym membership, I got to have my groceries I wanted. I saw, like you know, my natural path or like my acupunctress like that stuff was always really important to me, and I always made sure I had budget for that because that was my prioriti And I think also just talking about the common about you see influencers earning all this money, I guarantee they're probably not earning what you think, like maybe some of them are, like I don't know, yeah, but I guess from personal experience in the industry. I just think sometimes, like anything, it can look like they're living a certain lifestyle or they have certain you know, income, but also you don't know if for example, I'm just gonna give you some day, I'm not gonna say names, I'm gonna defeat this up. For example, I just knew from the Grapevine really early back in the day, a certain influencer YouTuber who you know, they'd earn three thousand dollars from an advertisement or a sponsor or whatever, and they would go straight to like Luis Vaton and go and spend that the whole thing yeah, the whole thing. Go get a Cardia ring, you know whatever. And it's funny because I had just kind of entered that world and I was getting nowhere near and that realm of money. But I was getting, you know, payments from sponsors, and I remember I was saving for a house. Yeah do you mean so what you see is like I wasn't earning the same amount, but it's like I'm in the same industry. I'm just doing different things to my funds and living a different lifestyle, whereas this person was going straight away buying designer going out, and so they looked like they had a certain lifestyle, but they didn't. Well it would just be more when that would end, like what would they do, So they're not going to have anything. They might just have a lot of designer handbags or And this's the thing, is like that is no judgment. I really believe do whatever you want, that's fine, but just don't be looking around and thinking, oh my god, this person has more than me. They're earning all this money. And that's even something I remember growing up is there is a lot of this is like I'm kind of remembering like my eighteen stage and like, you know, when you just like knew older people. And I remember even having this conversation with someone and they were I think around thirty, but they were like going out every single weekend, blowing a lot of money on going out, and I remember thinking, like, what are you.
Speaker 3: Doing with your money?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what's happening right now? How do you have that money to spend? Yeah, what's happening? And so I think, truly, and I said this in another episode, but comparison is just it's distraction. Yeah, So that's the first thing, is like stop comparing yourself because you really don't know what that person lives or what they have had to sacrifice to have that design a thing or live that certain life. Or you know, you might be comparing yourself and you've got a house, you've got a car, you've got you know, a secure partner and all these things, and you might be comparing to yourself to someone who literally has no savings in the bank. Yeah, but they're living the life you want.
Speaker 3: And I think, especially with comparison to people who you don't know in real life, like only through social media, you are comparing your whole self to one part of a person and assuming that every other part of their life is to that standard that you see, yes, which it probably isn't.
Speaker 1: No, And there's that's the huge like integrity there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of like, just because that person is doing that in one avenue of their life doesn't mean everything else is the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like just because they, like you mentioned going to Louis and buying the handbags or Cardio and buying the rings, it doesn't mean they have one hundred ks saved in the bank, or it doesn't mean that they have a nice car that they're driving everywhere, or it doesn't mean that they get to go on the brugiest holidays. Maybe they do, maybe they show that too, but you can't assume that everything is at.
Speaker 1: That standard that you see. Definitely.
Speaker 3: I think it's just yeah, important to remember. The other thing I would probably say is she needs to or this listener needs to experiment with what makes her feel financially abundant, and it might require maybe not going on social media for a little bit to see what truly internally she feels lights her up and gives her that feeling of abundance. And also just acknowledge that no matter what wage you're on right now, things can feel a little bit scarce because the price of everything is going up, and just also taking that into account to your feelings of are you just sort of getting a bit of like a bit frazzled because of the messaging that you're hearing on the radio and on the news and in a lot of ads going around at the moment. Is that is all very much headed in scarcity? So is that contributing? And how can you sort of minimize that messaging but still be obviously financially smart with your money, but not absorb so much of that scarce energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's two sides here. There's obviously the very logical making financial decisions part, and then there's the energetics of I truly believe that if you don't feel abundance now, like no number is going to make you feel abundance. That's not how energetics works. And I think all so it's like looking at why you don't feel abundant, because literally, if it's because you see influences quote unquote earning more than you, that clearly shows that again you're in this frequency of comparison and scarcity, so you need to And that's the thing is I wouldn't be making financial decisions from this place. No, And that's a big thing of like get the energetic sword in. So it's like stepping out and it's like, how can you feel abundant? Maybe it's muting all the influences, Yeah, that make you feel like shit with you know, money. It's the exact same thing about like your body, and like muting people who make you feel shit about your body. It's like, just don't have them on your screen. Take some responsibility. Yeah, And so it's like muting those people and then being like, Okay, what is actually a prodee for me and what makes me feel abundant? And me and Cooper talk about this a lot, because what makes me feel abundant and what I like spending my money on is like very different to him. And we really talk about how cool it is that we can see that we have different you know, places of abundance and different like you can maybe call them buckets or whatever, and not being judgmental to the other person because they want to spend money in that way too. Yeah, And I think that is really really important, and I think it's it's that whole comparison piece.
Speaker 3: Also, I love that and I even think back to me last year when paying twenty dollars a week for my gym membership, I hated it. I also remember saying this on the podcast. It made me feel ill every time I saw that charge come out from gym for the week. And now I'm probably paying like for gym plus my coach like five times that a week, and it feels so good and I feel so good about it. But it's also because my priorities have shifted this year and I do want to invest in my health and fitness, and being healthy makes me feel abundant, and I've worked on associating health with abundance because it's a very different way. It's not like it's just not very materialistic, which was something I hadn't experimented with before when it came to abundance. But in the same thing, wearing a pair of designer shoes makes me feel like a million dollars, so of course I'm gonna get another pair sometimes. But it's just like figure it out for yourself, because I guarante, like my friends don't really care for design of things, but they also don't they love that I love it, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not worried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, one's worried and I'm not worried about what they're doing. We're all just very supportive of each other.
Speaker 1: So that's actually something me and Tim did the other day also, is we went through our financials and we looked at what we were spending money on and what felt good and what we wanted to shift around, and we actually took some things off because we just thought, why, like, why are we spending money on this thing. It's like it's not even a priority for us. And then also there was some things where we're like, no, that feels really good, yeah, and like so happy to spend money on that, and really just like doing an order of like, oh what actually feels good? And again it not being about other people, it being about yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think also like just quickly to end. Abundance is a feeling. It's not an end destination.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I truly believe you can feel like abundant with anything. It's again, it's a feeling you give yourself. It doesn't come from your employer, it doesn't come from you know, a person or a designer bag. It comes from yourself. So true.
Speaker 3: You know, when I actually felt most abundant recently, tell me so contradictory. I got a parking ticket and I looked at it our like, okay, cool, I'll pay that. And I just paid it, and that I don't think I've ever felt so abundant in my life, you bougie pick. But it was just like it's that for me. Is abundance is you're just not worried and you're not so attached to money that it rattles you when you need to pay something.
Speaker 1: And that's and so it's it's a huge energetic thing. And that's even what you said about when you used to see your gym membership being twenty bucks and it used to make you ill. Yeah, like that is a real life thing where that is like that's a whole money billyef thing. Yeah, that would have been like draining your energy and also it would have been creating more lack and scarcity in your life. Yeah. Yeah. And now I'm abundant. You know. I feel most abundant when when I get my invoice from my.
Speaker 3: Missus that that is great because I.
Speaker 1: Get a message every single like she's she's a lot, and I'm like, yeah, fucking love paying this in voice, and I do. And that's even something like I love paying invoices. I'm like, yes, I need this, I'd love it. This feels so good because it's so true. Of like, it matters how you feel when you're exchanging energy, and it matters how you feel about the money you have and then what you let go of and what you receive. Yeah, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: I reckon. We'll pop a thread in the Facebook group. Yeah, tell us when you felt most abundant.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't wait to hear me do. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.