Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Our Savior is coming. Apparently I won't be signing.
Speaker 3: Is there any tickets for the Inside Game and Lipcal.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show on.
Speaker 4: Thank come on, it's five minutes past six. Shoes him on in Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning Jack, morning guys, Come on and Patsy and welcome back.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, it's great to be back.
Speaker 4: Patsy has not been very well. Actually she was rough second half of last week. So welcome back, Patsy, thank you. And now Tom our producer is falling. Everyone's coming down with this. Look yes, Jack, for a.
Speaker 3: While, Patty, were you putting on that sick voice that you left the message?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? You want to speak?
Speaker 4: Get off?
Speaker 2: Let's not get off.
Speaker 4: This going to rest up before I get a black pink at the weekend. Nothing's going to get away that black pink gig.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't it down on the radio. Ether'd be repercussions.
Speaker 4: Your one always choices life.
Speaker 2: Let's not get off on this on this start.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Jack, morning guys.
Speaker 2: I was pretty think it was great. Thanks for checking on me too, Jack, that was fantastic last week.
Speaker 4: Well, when you were.
Speaker 2: Sick, I sent you a couple of messages. I hope you're doing okay, but.
Speaker 3: When someone sick, I don't want to put the extra pressure of.
Speaker 4: Them with the WhatsApp message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because now you're going to apply to a message.
Speaker 4: Sick out reply to their letter.
Speaker 2: Black Pink was insane. So this is the K pop group that's out Korea. Oh, they were huge Rod Labor Arena Saturday and Sunday night and we took their Audrey's one of Audrey's like Top three up with Jua, Lipa and Harry. They're just like the bomb. These girls were insane. The level the volume of the concert was like nothing I have What do you mean from them?
Speaker 4: Or like people just lose their mind screaming both.
Speaker 2: So just the loudness of the concert. I've seen a C d C live, but they have got nothing on the volume of this.
Speaker 4: Hard DC to hear today.
Speaker 5: Shape, I'm not kiddings, get back out there.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was intense. It was so loud. I could feel my internal organs buzzing like they would I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know what it's like when you see somewhere it does that some of the two. I remember seeing Metallica and decades later I still wasn't right. I was just looking around people go like this, I don't mind the man. I want me some metal heads.
Speaker 3: Does it get to the point where you start to take earplugs as I went as.
Speaker 4: A security guard. If he hadn't expare those ear defenders and I put some in, it still wasn't enough you right, practice, it goes to your viscerates, your internal organs.
Speaker 2: My throat, like my it was jumping. Turned to Chris and I'm like, I can feel all my into organs. It's like I'm having some sort of X ray and everything's buzzy. It was so loud.
Speaker 4: Did already love it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she was off her head. She loved she loved it.
Speaker 4: And Patsy was on bulls to my throat, was just flicking my hand on it.
Speaker 2: Sudo fed, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wayne Carey dropped some of that, and that casino pseudo fed comes in powder form. Stop laughing, kill me in I'll go get my pseudo fed from my medicine cabinet. Okay. Michael Jackson on the Jesus Juice.
Speaker 2: It was a big hometown crowd because one of the girls grew up in Q. I think it was Jesu or Rosie. No, it might have been Rosy really yeah, grew she was New Zealand born, but went to school and stuff in Que before going back to Korea with her family. So there was like fifteen thousand screaming young females as well as the loudness, just verberating off the Yeah.
Speaker 4: What party got her recorder recorded the audiog.
Speaker 2: This is the start of it.
Speaker 4: That is a low rough.
Speaker 2: It's like a car in Chapel sty but a million times louder. You should have seen the merch. Jesus was impressed. Like, you know, concert merch is not always top quality gear, right, but you'll pay top price. It's just how it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll see a T shirt, but that's a fifty.
Speaker 2: Because you know you're a fan. But it was really really good quality. But the amount of merch they had, this this whole black pink thing is such a snick operation. It is so what did they.
Speaker 4: Have other than like the T shirts.
Speaker 2: And really good hoodies, really good and when I say really good, so.
Speaker 4: Classy quality, I've never seen that. But wont no, wait, that's all of them.
Speaker 2: No, but the Harry hoodies were really ordinary. When we went to Harry, they had like these lemon colored hoodies.
Speaker 4: And fingering and it's stretching and stamping on it. Yeah, I'll take one of these, not this one, but that hanging that one back up. It's like wear it for a bit for the show and that if she likes it, then we'd come back.
Speaker 3: And by Harry.
Speaker 4: These were good.
Speaker 2: They had hoodies, had T shirts, and then they had these torch things like lightsabers. They were like T shaped.
Speaker 4: Load of bog and pressed so far with torch and that makes all equals Schmick operation.
Speaker 2: No, but it's boxed really well. It's marketed perfectly and going through this city on the weekend torch. No, but there was an app. You could download this app at the concert and so for different songs as it would flash different You've.
Speaker 4: Been to the future. Have you got one of these.
Speaker 2: Fab Yes, we got a hoodie, we got we got the lot, We've got the HOODI, the T shirt, the torch. Of course, we can't came. We conquered. We loved blank pick black pink. It was incredible.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. Maybe we need to get some Christian O'Connor show, Torches after that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for Extra Time and the time Waster. Now we're looking for your tea movies, Extra time time waster National have a cup of days. Eighty percent of Australians believe it's a social faux part to put your milk in before pouring the tea. That's see when do you put the milk in?
Speaker 2: Oh afterwards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I have myde tea black strong guy, don't need to water it down or milk it down.
Speaker 4: Are you okay? We're trying to lose to toxic masculiney. You'll go the other way. So strong, I don't need that milk. Pussy's that milk. I did not subtext. Guys, this is gut through it. I'm so strong. I don't need that gurdi milk. Do you milky? South Christian?
Speaker 3: Have it real question about tea sometimes.
Speaker 4: People, can we have a real talk about tea. It's serious right now.
Speaker 3: I don't drink coffee. And I'll say to people like, I just have a tea. I don't drink coffee, And some people say, oh well, tea has just as much caffeine as coffee that's beneath that. I don't believe that either.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bit less, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's much less. No one's having a tea and then going like, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Can't do you have a look how much caffeine is in a cup of tea compared to a cup of coffee. Thank you, rear King Charles. It's very strict with the staff that there's milk in his daily cup of Darjeeling always goes in last, and he insists he can taste when someone's putting in first.
Speaker 3: He's got very peculiar eating habits. What was the other one you told us about?
Speaker 2: He has a are poached I think a poached egg.
Speaker 4: Now it's a poach poor person every morning must be killed on the plans from America out the front there corporate bucket and palets, go kill.
Speaker 2: Them and grill them, and doesn't eat lunch.
Speaker 4: But recent research by British scientists found that you should actually put your milk in first to better protect the milk proteins and must preserve the structure and flavor of the tea. When we found out caffeine tea versus coffee.
Speaker 3: Coffee has about one hundred and fifty milligrams of coffee. Black tea has about seventy.
Speaker 4: It's much better, all right. So tea movies, tea movies. Oh yeah, it's the big Bruceki go look Bruce talking. Not that Bruce wanted to come into an end. Guys, I as Sam legend, I as Sam's the time of tea legend needs to explain it. Wow, someone's looking at vacant over there. Maybe I have to have milk in that tea. Chai Hard, good, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Tea movies remember the Tea Times Gold.
Speaker 3: Steep Impact, that's very good as well, the Gold Life of Chai. Yeah, we comment Chai hard.
Speaker 4: You gotta well, I got that's a generous right, you can have a generous You.
Speaker 3: Are having an easy chay one coming. And what do we think of when we think of teas not just the flavored I'll say the tannins, the Royal Tennans.
Speaker 4: Bomb Yeah, yeah, that's smart, okay, gold The Christian Connell Show podcast time, waste extra time when you can feel tea movies, Jack Cureity Tomorrow, Let's do it, Broke Bag, Mountain Gold one and John the Green Tea mile.
Speaker 3: See what.
Speaker 4: Bronze, He's just not that centre into you bronze. That's try that. Harry T. Potter, Harry T.
Speaker 3: Potter silver plus big deal.
Speaker 4: Mark House gold. That's very good, Jacob Melton, that's great image that they should trade on that cloudy with a chance of her balls silver Tea Wolf gold came Mar, you were sleeping, cam Mar, you were sleeping? What on Chris? Remember the tea bags gold, Brian very good, These are great. Edward T. Strainer silver, not the shining but the twining from Sue Gold. One flew over the teapot bronze, Bill and Ted's excellent high tea silver. Curious case of Benjamin Dilmar. No bron did quite lud that one dean. White men can't dunk gold when Lipton met Tetley, Mark and Seaford very good and white men serving that one out again one throwing back Tuesday, Remember like twenty seconds ago Bill Christian Connell's show podcast. They're over one thoy and thirty five suburbs that make up Melbourne and we're on a mission to try and speak to somebody from each of those suburbs.
Speaker 2: I've been everywheremen, all the suburbs in Melbourne, not the corner to Melton, across the bed.
Speaker 4: To Port Arlington.
Speaker 3: Who rolls at us out there, and I got it back for you.
Speaker 6: I've been every weware So all we need to do is you call us up from your suburb and you tell us one thing about your suburb on nine four one four, one oh four three like these be good people.
Speaker 7: Three four two nine we're actually home to a platypus that then at the nook swimming hole.
Speaker 8: In them hills three eight oh two.
Speaker 7: Majority of the street names are named after.
Speaker 8: People that were on the Endeavor when it came out.
Speaker 9: So for so one it's up in Sumburary. Our taste jams are caused by gee, I got that one.
Speaker 4: Totally miss me that one.
Speaker 3: But it's a good way to show that the facts don't have to be amazing. You're here to have to bowl your head off.
Speaker 4: So on email over the weekend had a great one from Craig about have we got anything to do with Sint Kilda yet?
Speaker 3: I don't think we've got to take her on the list. No.
Speaker 4: Now. It was telling me obviously about Lunar Park, you know, on the world the Greatest amusement arcades in the world. I mean throw shade over what those suckers at Disneyland do. Right, However, did you know you know that that's that old Scooby Doo railway, the breaking railway. That is only one of two rides in the world that still employ a brakeman Sint Kilda Lunar Park, and the other place in island is Nostivily in Denmark.
Speaker 3: There's some plaque on the Luna Saint Kilda Lunar Park that said this and Coney Island are the two oldest wooden operating ones in the world.
Speaker 4: They must be. Yes, you don't see you don't.
Speaker 3: Want for a roller coaster, you want new technology, safest supported.
Speaker 4: One oldest would And then someone else told me about two weeks ago. Just came up to me one weekend and was telling about Ivan Hoe. I did not know that Hollywood actress Kate Blanchet born and raised in.
Speaker 3: Ivan I didn't know she went to the primary school there.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right East.
Speaker 3: I know I played my junior basketball.
Speaker 4: This guy was very very very proud. All right, So we need to do is call us up from your suburb and you tell us one thing about your suburb on nine four one four one o four three some of the other ones we've loved so far.
Speaker 3: Yes, Eva ragging from Melton she saw Russell Crowe having a coffee in Melton.
Speaker 4: Fran Franti has an amazing story for later on this morning about seeing won of the world's biggest comedians, who was Rod Labour last night and I'm going to see him tonight. Michael mcintie's a great story.
Speaker 3: Fran from Seaholm said that the horses come down to Seaholme from Flemington to rehab in the bay, and Marco from Reservoir said Reservoir is the biggest suburb in Melbourne by land, but one of the only ones without a McDonald's gotcha.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Can you tell us something about your suburb, Christian, I live in Kingsbury three eight three Melbourne's most boring suburb. I don't know. I think there's some competition. You can't misnake claim to that. Looking at the map, it looks like just a couple dozen streets that run neither Reservoir or bundor or wanted. For a while, I thought it's claim to fame would turn out, but that it was the smallest suburb Melbourne. I was wrong. It's not even in the top ten of smallest ones. Our local fish shop is good, though. That's from That's something Simon in Kingsbury three eight three Christian. I live in Botanic Ridge. It's a suburb basically for the people who'd like to pretend they don't just live in Cranbourne. That's from Mark. And who's this Mariella turning us sing about point cook three zero three zero. It was the final desolation from the first ever flight from England to Australia. I didn't know that, all right, Okay, let's see what we've got here break, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning. William's landing three to seven. Our main road used to be a runway for planes.
Speaker 4: That is a pretty good one, and so it's on.
Speaker 7: It's parments rad It used to be the old laved and rass base.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, that's a great one. I don't think we've had, have we had, Williams.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking it up down near Altona.
Speaker 4: It feels like an eighties Americans sort of drama, like Dallas. William's Landing in.
Speaker 7: The East.
Speaker 4: Got you Brett, thank you very much. Thank you, Bingo.
Speaker 2: Just before crossing, it's got a massive new train station along the West Gate. You'll see it as you go out to Geelong.
Speaker 4: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: Because I go past it every day.
Speaker 4: But even taking all that detail, very vigilant person, Patsy. Let's go to Jim. Good morning, Jim, Good morning crew.
Speaker 10: Jim from Altona North three zero two five.
Speaker 4: Get in, Jim from Altona North. What can you tell us about Altona.
Speaker 8: North Altana North?
Speaker 10: Can breathe easily now because the giant refinery has stopped working, it's been decommissioned.
Speaker 4: You can breathe easily now, right, so it's noticeable the change in the air corners time.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 10: We have this giant orange flame that they used to guide me home at nights when I was coming home late at night. Now I've got to use GPS to get home.
Speaker 4: You don't know where you're going. You've lost the company, the North Star, the Southern Start. Jim. That's good one. Thank you very much to give us a call. Mate. Have a good day you too. Let's get a Carl here and runs with it. Good morning Carl.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, Carl Bunswick three oh five six Sydney Road. I think it's the longest strip of single shops in the Southern Hemisphere.
Speaker 3: I have heard.
Speaker 4: Too, now Carl, just repeat that one is the longest single road of shops.
Speaker 8: Our longest strip of shap shops continual shops in the Southern Hemisphere, which actually goes through coberg Into came up for that is.
Speaker 4: A killer one. Did you take that?
Speaker 3: Chudston? You know the shopping capital of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Carle's growing on. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Ber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Seven minutes part Patsy, wait, what's up mate? We live on air.
Speaker 2: You know I've always wanted to go on a cruise in It's like.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. It feels like it's.
Speaker 2: So far away. Now, Oh my god, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, it will happen, my friend, because holiday in every way aboard Royal Caribbean. Patsy, you and christ your husband saving up to forty percent on your next.
Speaker 2: Everythink staff is eligible to enter.
Speaker 4: This is for everybody, yes, everyone, everyone at the wrong Can you get involved? Book now? A Royal Caribbean dot com dot are you teasing? Season?
Speaker 2: Feels so much better now, Christian. I'll go through the week.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can well book it right now if you want, Patsy, instead of doing some of that shen shopping that you do between you bulletins. All right, So it is week too, another cruise to be won. Off to the South pacifico Va Koky is back.
Speaker 2: Singlorius Bak. You can say away to the South Pacify wow week.
Speaker 4: So what are you gonna do? You sing for the cruise over the long weekends. I think we gave them too much time chat and some people had too many drinky poos as well. There's a line between inspiration and desperation. Some of you crossed over into it, and I blame myself. Jack actually could have put my hand up there. What's that? Maybe I should have said they there last week. It's not singing competition. It isn't a little bit a little bit a little bit you know.
Speaker 11: Is.
Speaker 4: All right? So go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. You pick your song, you put your lyrics to it, and then you send it over to us and we pay it out by the end of this week. Another trip for two on that beautiful cruise, the Constable, the Seas of two, the South Pacific, two thousand dollars in spending money as well, Oh your maails breakfast line. She did it included now. Someone sent me an email saying, Christian, we sent in an entry at three am? Please? Can can you delete it? Don't play it out because we'd had a couple of bottles of wine. Actually have to say, Lauren, I had to listen to it after getting your email because I was super excited. I need to hear this. It's actually one of the better ones we've had. It is it is this is She's chosen maybe as you only do it to am over long weekend Fresh Prince of.
Speaker 1: Bel Air in wand in East Born and Ray.
Speaker 4: There is a slur though. There is a slight slur here, isn't it? You can hear it in the voice in Born.
Speaker 12: And raised on a fun where I spend most of my days shooting and trapping and catching all the food, rain, hail or shine, no matter the mood. When Christian in chack or after some good they started causing havoc in my neighborhood. They did one little comp and I sure said, please send me to the South Pacific.
Speaker 7: With no care.
Speaker 12: I begged, and I plead a Christian day out to day.
Speaker 4: Jack packed my suit case.
Speaker 1: And me on my way.
Speaker 12: Give my family a smooch, then give me a ticket, I said, Royal Caribbean. We might as well kick it right.
Speaker 4: Lauren and Sophie. I just love this. It was Christian. I recently submitted into your vakok. I regrettably did it after putting it together whilst we've been drinking heavily. It's now the day after night before. Please don't play it out. I intend to learn from this experience in hopes I could move forward a lot. Yes, they don't. They don't send an apology. Some of them should.
Speaker 2: It's a freaking we really need it.
Speaker 1: Give us tickets and will go and agree.
Speaker 4: Whoa, this is Alice White.
Speaker 2: We're not going to keep seeing. We're in the.
Speaker 4: Right. Where's your apology? Now? That is great? That is on me, on me very We're lucky to come into these lovely things to listen to. That's half four on Tuesday. All right, when do we go next? This? We've got our backpack.
Speaker 11: We need to cruise away to the south pastin Bequeen need a holiday.
Speaker 7: Don't let us down.
Speaker 4: This is from Melissa.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no no, We'll ask you what mos please let truth still let us down.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Melissa. And then who remembers ever essence?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Patsy's least favorite band.
Speaker 4: Well, get a load of the from mel Hay. Bring me to life.
Speaker 2: This mom needs a break from bearaning.
Speaker 8: Just let me go now, Pruise, this is that's for me.
Speaker 2: Come my name to for that boat ride.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I need to have some fun. Just get me to the sun and save me.
Speaker 1: From the drudge I have be come.
Speaker 4: WoT the hot That is the primal scream. Mel Hey, hey, hey, it's mel all right. You go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com. Dolay you good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the long weekend. Tell that's what happened to you over your long weekend? And six words, Patty, what was your long weekend?
Speaker 2: I wish the ground would swallow me over the way? Can We spent the weekend in the city, which was really nice. Went to Black Pink as we touched on earlier, and had a bit of a shop around. Went to the Block Arcade. It's one of our favorite haunts.
Speaker 4: By the way, good to see that you recovered from that three day illness.
Speaker 2: It's miraculous recovery, a comeback.
Speaker 3: Perfect timing.
Speaker 4: Anybody Friday show very able to go shopping the changing room.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, modern medicine is a marble.
Speaker 4: Right, you're right, what a comeback.
Speaker 2: So went to the Block Arcade, one of our favorite haunts. I should have say one of the love God's favorite haunts. He loves a shop in there that professes to be the world's oldest barber shop, Truffet Truffet in Hill, I think it's called Truffet in Hill and they have all It's a very gentlemanly.
Speaker 4: Store, old English kind of He loves.
Speaker 2: It, you know, Jack, They've got you know everything, all your shaving needs and after shaves and lovely barms, and upstairs you can actually get your haircut from a really good barber. I think they've got a whiskey bar up there as well.
Speaker 3: He was there all afternoon getting that haircut.
Speaker 2: No, his favorite thing there is their collection of walking canes.
Speaker 4: Mister mcgoriam's wondering pooring.
Speaker 2: He loves it.
Speaker 4: Whiskey canes and a haircut. Let's go down chair.
Speaker 2: It's just like a five year old. He loves to just go and have a look at the canes and all their different knobs. You know, they've got to whiskey with whiskers. Anyway, so I said to him, you you go and have a look and I'll have a little meander down block arcade. Lots of things for me to look at, anyway, So off he went. Anyway, I happened to just look over to my right shoulder and who should be sitting having a casual coffee and people watching, but famous, world famous comedian I called MacIntire.
Speaker 4: I seem tonight it was the last night Rod Laver and taking my daughter to seem to I can't wait. He's one of the world's biggest comedian, brilliant comed massive.
Speaker 2: I looked on Wikipedia over the weekend. You know, he was the world's highest grossing comedian. He has been for years, since twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: This guy is messy, massive, brilliant, brilliant British comedian. Y Yeah, I can't wait to see him tonight. I'm so jealous. And the photo you've got with him, me and the kids are looking at yesterday, I couldn't I have confidence in a very specific area in life. I couldn't go up to someone out in the world. I wish I could, because it's actually nice to do that, and I don't people come to say no to me. But perhapsly the way that you own it's almost like he's lucky to get a photo with you. It is almost the way around well awkwardness in your eye, just like this guy's lucky to be with me. No, no, don't make a wish for him.
Speaker 2: It's that it's that flight or flight sort of decision, isn't it. No, it is.
Speaker 4: It is when they talk about that they don't talk about or selfie.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it wasn't like that at all.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: I saw and I thought, Okay, I've got a split decision to make right here, and now it's I live once. Do I go and invade the guy's privacy. He's a big deal. I highly respect him, do I.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're inventing his privacy. He's in a public place, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: Even He was just sipping LTE and he was making notes. I wonder if that people watching for material.
Speaker 4: I'm so scared solid twenty minutes at the start.
Speaker 2: Wait till I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Having an innocent coffee on afternoon. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I can see that her fight or fight was.
Speaker 2: I gave him so much fodder. So I thought, you know what, damn it, I live once. I'm going to regret this decision if.
Speaker 4: I just es I live once out now, very brief.
Speaker 2: I'll be brief. I thought, I'll be brief. If I was with Chris, I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it because he'd say, please, don't embarrass yourself. But I thought, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To do it. Good on you.
Speaker 2: So I sort of went up very gingerly and probably thought, oh my god, it.
Speaker 4: Was talk gingerly. There's no way you would have barreled in. Probably not the coffee out of his mouth when I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To be polite, or do he reckons. I put my hand across my chest like I'm praying. I said, oh, excuse me, but mister McIntyre, I.
Speaker 4: Did really say that.
Speaker 2: I did, Absolutely I did. Excuse me, mister mcan.
Speaker 4: Lived once the scuddy mate.
Speaker 2: I'm terribly sorry to interrupt you, sipping your lante.
Speaker 4: Like a cane.
Speaker 2: He was so charming, and he was so he was everything I hoped he would be. He was so just so generous and just courteous and a true gentleman. And I said, look, my name's Patrina Jones. Actually work with Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: And thought you would already getting up with I got a whole resume and he goes on, you went down yet one four point three guarantee you any actually up bump it up to five grand you could win that.
Speaker 2: He goes, I haven't actually met Christian before, and I said, you don't say I.
Speaker 3: Would have thought.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, how's he going out here? And I said, well, he's going very well.
Speaker 4: He must be going. He must be struck he on air with.
Speaker 2: Him, I said, he's rating number. What he's doing extreme wi.
Speaker 4: I'm actually embarrassing curtious.
Speaker 2: And then I said, you know they love it out here, and he goes.
Speaker 4: I bet I love it that one of those there's.
Speaker 2: Citizens now and he goes by, cry, you must like it, and I said, look, I'm terribly sorry I've taken up about.
Speaker 4: All this is that you were brief wikipedia to him.
Speaker 2: And then I said, look, you must be exhausted. I'm going to let you go and let you get some peace. And he said, yes, I've just literally got off the plane and come straight here. And I said, how is your flight? And he said, well again.
Speaker 4: Questions? So far?
Speaker 2: I went via Sydney. I don't know why they sent me via Sydney. And then I stupidly asked, and I don't know why. It just came out of my mouth. I said, oh, and where are they where if they put you up to stay? And then I thought, oh my god, that's.
Speaker 4: Somewhere grossing accent he's staying.
Speaker 13: He's not going to tell you, but I can't believe the question too far?
Speaker 4: Isn't it lovely person?
Speaker 3: What broo number?
Speaker 2: I thought, why did I just say that? And it was out of my mouth?
Speaker 4: It's accessible.
Speaker 2: I was surprised where he says it was, and I went, oh, okay, anyway.
Speaker 4: Then where was he stating on? Curious now?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to say, but it was a surprise. I'll tell you after this anyway. So then the love God comes over breathing and you Chris can talk rather loud, cantie, he's got quite an.
Speaker 13: Oka cheap and Chris goes just blurts out, jeez, they've got some striking canes in their dark and I just looked at him and I thought, you can you read the play?
Speaker 2: And I said, oh.
Speaker 4: I didn't you learn that phrase read the place?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you've been working your magic story.
Speaker 2: And I turned to Michael and I said, oh, you'll have to excuse my husband. Sorry, mister McIntire's quite taken by the walking canes in that shop. It's his favorite sho anyway. He just laughed and I said, oh, please, this is this is my husband, Chris, Chris, Chris, this is Michael. And then Chris goes, oh, do you work in radio with Patrina? And I just wanted the ground to swallow me up. I just are you serious? And I'm like, oh, he's a bit of a can median himself. Michael is obviously so overwrought by seeing you, but you know what, we're going to bid you farewell and get on our way.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear up the story too.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, I can't judge you. I've outside of interviewing people and get to know and all that over the years, in terms of actually seeing someone famous that you admire out and about I've only ever done it once. So I went up to them and was a singer of a band I love called Paul Weller, who had a big solo career, used to win the jam and even like you, whenever you hear Noel gallaghirl people being interviewed and Chris Martin, they rave about Paul Weller. However, he's in the touristy like Van Morrison, very grumpy. I saw him once and there it was just on the London Underground as on the middle of the afternoon. It was him, me and another guy. Another guy says to me, oh, I listen to your radio show. You've got to go and say, hell, aren't you a big fan of Paul well I'm I don't want to bother him because you can go and say you please musicala every day. And he's egging me on. And then we both got off the tube at the same point. We're got at London Waterloo, which is one of the biggest stations right and we happened to be on the escalators, just me and him going up. It's the middle of day, it's very quiet. I felt, do you know what I should go and say something? And oh my god, I don't know why I panicked. Team I panicked. I went fanboy. I started saying, Oh, it's like it was stumbling right, Oh, I am massive fan. He went, yeah, thanks. He didn't care. He didn't validate me in any way. He didn't need to. He shut me down. Then, perhatsy, I did what you did? We start talking about what you do? I went, I played one of your songs, and you know what He did back as you should know, went yep, that was it, because.
Speaker 3: You don't The thing is, you don't hold in the second part of the interaction. What you do is your work app and then all this space, the space for a second question which you have not thought.
Speaker 4: Three months later he had to come into the radio station to be interviewed by me and I said, at the beginning, do you remember He goes, yeah, it was a bit weird. Oh oh god, I still did it. Now you have done that, we've got someone famo.
Speaker 3: Did I tell you about what that happened? Last week? I ran into Hawthorne football at Luke Bruce at Chadstone and he I did the same thing. I went up to him and I said, oh, look, I'm a big fan of football.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the old foot.
Speaker 3: But then because I left a space for an awkward question, he was forced to go like and who do you celebrate?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: Who do you barg for? In the footy Essendon? And I was actually buying an Essendon scarf, so I was able to show him proof proof.
Speaker 4: It's it's.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're talking about have you ever gone slo to someone famous? The pats He had quite encounter with Michael Mackinton, the comedian. It's on World Toys here in Melbourne tonight rod Laver Arena and was there last sight as well, Patsy, I reckon that you've done this before, though, I wouldn't be surprised if you've gone up to other famous people.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, no, I'm trying to think, I'm trying to cast my mind back. Oh you know what, No, I did. The only other time I did was John Wood from Blue Heelers, and he was not pleasant. He was very grumpy and it was a big invasion of privacy.
Speaker 4: And again.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't impressed and I.
Speaker 4: Got head out. Where where were you?
Speaker 2: We're actually no, we're actually at an event at the Arts Center when I was a much younger journalist, and we were you know, it was just like when you have a champagne before you go into a show. I can't even remember what the show was, and I love blue heelers at school, so I.
Speaker 4: Watched like a life.
Speaker 2: Musical some live theater. I forget what it was, Hello Dolly or something like that.
Speaker 4: So I was in having the champagne before seeing the new production of Hello Dolly. You know what, Hallo Dolly is classic classics and he gets your gun and I went up.
Speaker 2: To him as I do admire your work. Yeah right, he and I got a very strong hit. It's like, okay, I thought, okay, he doesn't. He doesn't want to, you know, have people in his face.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: He's out trying to have a good time, reliable Dolly and he doesn't need snooty nosed little journeys in his face.
Speaker 4: Don't put yourself down this side. You've done nothing wrong. There's nothing going up and saying to someone that you enjoy their work. I know, but I am.
Speaker 2: Very conscious of it like it is it is. I know they're in a public space, but it is an invasion of privacy, which is why you always think second because you don't want to be seen as dad.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's invasion of privacy if you're taking photos or brokes taking them out. Yes, it's an invasion of privacy, all right, So saying loads of famous people on nine four one four one oh four three, damon coome on.
Speaker 14: Him, how are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm good mate? So who have you seen? Who did you say hello to?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 14: I saw Andy Lee in the car on the road couldn't find the foot path and walked past and saw him in the car and then I had his Andy by Hamish t shirt on when they were doing the perfume, and so he took a photo of me and the T shirt to show Hamish and I took a selfie with him in the car.
Speaker 3: So it's an invasion of your privacy.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah? And did he wind the window down or keep the window up? Doors locked?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: No, no, you had the window down. He was stuck in traffic, it wasn't moving.
Speaker 4: Wow, David, thank you very much for story mate, Have a good day.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Karen in coome on him, Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good? So who do you go and say hello to? Someone famous?
Speaker 15: With Peter Garrett. So, yeah, So I was I've been at a conference and I was in the hotel lobby and in walks Peter Garrett. I thought I've got to go and say hello, but I thought I can't be a fan girl here, so I just walked over and.
Speaker 9: I sort of just went hey, Peter.
Speaker 15: He was in Parliament at the time. Clearly I was dressed for a conference, and he thought he must have known me from somewhere, because that.
Speaker 4: Is a very good approach. Yes, I'm a big fan. I'm so sorry, mister Garrett, just going hey, Pete, how are you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, And that's exactly I got a kiss on the cheek and a hagin.
Speaker 4: How you going.
Speaker 15: He had no idea what I was, and I just said great. I said, oh, really good. He said what you been up to?
Speaker 9: Like I said, he knew me.
Speaker 15: I said, I've just been at a conference and.
Speaker 7: He said, oh great.
Speaker 9: I said, oh, how are you going?
Speaker 15: I saw that thing last week in Parliament. He goes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's been a bit busy. And he said, oh what.
Speaker 17: Are you here for.
Speaker 15: I said, aged care more the cultural conference.
Speaker 18: He goes, oh great, okay, all right.
Speaker 15: I said, look, I'll let you go, and he said yeah, and I could see the cogs turning, like, I have no idea who this is.
Speaker 14: But I'm being.
Speaker 3: Nice smart for you though, because it's better to not be if he did know you from back in the past. It just better to not have that awkward moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while he's got that pin wheel in going somebody's friend or do I know this person? Marine? It's not marine? Can That's a nice approach. I like that one. Thank you very much. You call me.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So Jack has wrecked the floorboards of his new home by dragging a upright piano. Of of course, beautiful, beautiful bare floorboards that you moved into.
Speaker 3: Can I say, though I didn't hear if something scratch as deep as it's scratched, I can't believe it didn't make a sound. Very peculiar, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I that there are there are many senses, and the eyes are another one. The gouge mark. There is not a couple of millimeters, it's a couple of meters.
Speaker 3: Yes, But at the time I saw it, the damage had been done.
Speaker 4: That is not true, told me Perats he noticed it and thought, oh, well it's damaged. Carry on, maybe it recounters it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes look at a turf when he scuffled up.
Speaker 3: You just slam it back now like a rug, like fixing a different.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly the same. So we want to know your story today when you become a wreck at Ralph called us up and said, Christian, you wan't believe what I wrecked. Christian, I slept on the floorboards when the lacquer was not dried properly. The soft footprints remained for the years we were in the house. A ghost. That's great from Lisa Christian. My engineered stone black bench top. I used an abrasive cleaner on it, which I didn't know would be a problem. It's stained four years later, this horrible cloudy stain on it sat Tracy Caren many years ago. I get my two sons some jelly to eat whilst me and my husband went outside for ten minutes. When we came back there was red jelly stalek type hanging from the lounger and seiling. They stained the white scening. It stayed up that for years.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast rask you this morning, what have you wrecked?
Speaker 3: I remember another one from the lady who said that her kids threw the jelly on the roof the static type and left the red marks there. We had a red mark on our carpet for about ten years at home because when we were teenagers, me and my friends made a beer bong, which is a tube in a funnel, but because we couldn't drink beer yet, we drank red cordial out of it and we did it in the living room and something I got on the floor.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing. What a great story. All right, So Christian, you want believe what I erect nine four one four one four three lean Good morning, Good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian, believe what I wret. When I was sawting in my mum bought a steak pie I think is called the five brand, So I put it in the oven. It was in a tin and I didn't put any holes or anything in it, and it exploded in the oven, blew off the oven door, broke the light inside, and bent the wire.
Speaker 4: There's wrecking stuff, scratch of the floorboard to a minor explosion.
Speaker 9: There was pie all over the kitchen, all over the.
Speaker 4: Roof, and the curtains outside.
Speaker 3: And into the room.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that is incredible. So what was it one of those cans that you meant to open up? Then?
Speaker 13: Obviously, but I was only young, so I just put the whole can in, didn't put any holes or take the lid off, And that's what happened.
Speaker 4: No, I bet you wasn't. All right, Leanne, Thank you very much. You have a good day, all right, Debbie, good morning?
Speaker 9: Good come on in Christian.
Speaker 13: You won't believe what my partner Ray wrecked.
Speaker 4: You don't believe what my partner wrecks. Let's do that tomorrow. We can w partner and I love that one. What did Ray do?
Speaker 18: So the bapple played in our our Wootita was bent and it was stopping us putting wood in properly.
Speaker 17: So he took it out.
Speaker 13: He said, I know how to straighten this up.
Speaker 17: And he took it outside and ran it over with his tractor and that did in half.
Speaker 4: I know how to straighten this out, tractor. Debbie, that's a great one. Thank you very much. She called mate. Really made us laugh. Thank you, thank you, Tracy. Hi, guys, there you're going We're goody O.
Speaker 18: You'll never believe for a fixture old daughter wrecked. She took her porcelain bunny for a walk around my four month old car and scratched every panel she could rich and it cost about oh thousands to fix. The insurance company ended up coming to the party to fix it.
Speaker 4: But it was you were lucky motion insuring the company don't have a porcelain policy.
Speaker 18: Exactly right. I was absolutely just traught. I think that felt sorry, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought the name of your insurance company. Wait, they have emotions.
Speaker 3: What to say because every panel they surely wouldn't get that too often, even in a crash, you only do a few.
Speaker 18: Panels, exactly. I think some want gobsmack to be honest when I told them what had actually happened. But the only thing that wasn't touched was the roof, pretty.
Speaker 4: Much because she was so small.
Speaker 18: That's exactly right. I was just beside myself and it was the highlight of a twenty first I.
Speaker 4: Can tell you, Tracy, awesome story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 9: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Question o' carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connor show. We're taking your stories about when he turned into a real life wrecket Ralph nine four one four one o four three. Jody, Come on.
Speaker 17: H Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Jody. So what's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 17: Yes, I accidentally died our whole laundry blue when I was a teenager.
Speaker 4: Wow, what happened?
Speaker 17: I wanted to dry my white jacket blue. So I filled the washing machine, putting in my jacket, put in the blue dye, and I came back and the pipe had disconnected from the washing machine and sprayed blue dye all over our laundry, the floors and roofs, everything was blue.
Speaker 4: So how long was it like that? Left to redecorate everything?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we had to get the insurance company. Your mom and dad had to get insurance company in six money go into fixing that. When I was a kid?
Speaker 4: How many? How how much time do we spend as teenagers dying? It's a teenage thing. You don't isn't grown up start dying stuff? Do you?
Speaker 3: But I never tried to dive straight into the Washington you always put Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think I learned from that time exactly.
Speaker 4: Joy, great story, Thanks Jody, have a good day.
Speaker 17: Thank you to babe.
Speaker 4: Ali. Good morning, Good morning, Alie. So we got wrecked you.
Speaker 16: Won't believe my fiance wrecked our toilet by setting it on fire.
Speaker 4: Okay, we are all is what have you got for us?
Speaker 16: So he let a candle in there, forgot about it. It was in a little metal tin and it got so hot it melted through the system. But then because it was metal, it was floating in the water in.
Speaker 18: The system and just lit the whole toilet on fire.
Speaker 4: What bloody heard such a thing?
Speaker 16: I'd like to point out he is thirty something and this happened a few months ago.
Speaker 3: This so burn its way through the porcelain.
Speaker 4: Fantastic ones.
Speaker 2: Ah right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Toilet of the day. I know our work is never done to the whole world as a porcelain one.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And the best party is that they always say that you end up marrying your parents. You know, I'm marrying my father because the we.
Speaker 4: Do that Friday r I P. J. Springer. He left it to me.
Speaker 16: You know, there's an urban legend in my family about the time when my father was a child and he broke as a family toilet, and my grandfather made him write an essay to explain what happened.
Speaker 4: What all right? You know what so much has been kicked up this morning, breaking toilets. It's going to be a thing tomorrow. The show. That's awesome, Alie, great story, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for Today's Time when stir Now today is World Get smarterday? Come on, worlds gets Smarter Australia And I'm just a messenger here.
Speaker 3: Hey you're Australian too, Now, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Might use you other bassball with this story. Australia is falling. He's going to share with you, guys, k a little bit tough, lovey. He's falling further and further behind the world intelligence rankings. The shoey isn't helping, guys. The shoey isn't helping. Last year, the IQ of the average Australians dropped below one hundred for the first time in thirty six years. You're now fifty seventh in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a very good No.
Speaker 4: England's at twenty. So you're fifty seventh in the world, behind nations such as New Zealan And, England and North Korea. Top three countries Japan, Singapore and the Native Lands.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my Dutch heritage intelligence that.
Speaker 4: Now, are we all right, so we're looking for your world gets smarterday. Academic movies are the word of academia. Along came Polytechnic Gold. Dude, where's my Atar gold? The Science of the Lambs gold? These two are not going to continue twenty eight days calculator, Oh, where's my scientific American silver? When Harry met Tafi.
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, that's so while we're here, Jackie boy, that he knows Patsy all right, the reminder of us all really thank you? All right, academic movies. Let's go to academic professor jack Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what I was just thinking. Who would have taught the class at Science of the Lambs? Hannibal lecture? Oh, very good, gold on gold head Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 4: Very good as well, Gold.
Speaker 3: And Scholarshippy shippy bang bang.
Speaker 4: Three golds for you, sir, top of the class. Very good because it made us laugh.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's get into them academic movies from here to Fraternity civil plus what planets of the shapes?
Speaker 5: That's not that academy wow, And they say sitting down shapes, that's nothing more academic professors all day, draw in a box sivil plus how about cars versions here, but that's Tim from Chilong dividing Miss Daisy gold Scooby, The Curious Case of Benjamin Boffin Gold.
Speaker 4: You mean degree gold, Edward Seismologists hands silver plus nice onely you mean vce Ethan Stuart silver, Jamathymi Jamathey, Daniel, well done, he's just not that into Uni silver. The line of the Witch and the Blackboard Bronze, menuster At Gats silver, Silence of the nap plans gold. Very smart, Joe, sure about this nor from paula Shooter tutor Bang bang.
Speaker 3: Silver actually bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done, ungraded. I'm agetting a degree bronze. Weekend at Bunsen Bernie's Gold Juice, Bigelow math Gigelow silver plus menuster At lab Coats gold throw diplomat from the train. Oh that's very good. The fastnes studious gold, Mary popping no dose as she last minute crams for her exam gold. Very smart, Matt, thank you, and yeah, you mean two degrees from Anthony silver.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking about edits yesterday, after seeing how great everyone was great too part of the big freeze. It is every year. It's an amazing thing to do for an amazing man and a legacy of Neil danaher Eric Banderlo for me stole the show ropper, Showman. I get the fear of that. That beautiful old Saints jump that he had is from his own private collection. I don't think it was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like a costume.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it was very well fitted. But anyway, I remembered how in the movie Funny People, which is a great Adam sand jan Abata movie, Eric Banner is in it. I remember there's that scene where he's explaining it's a Saints game actually against the Pie Yes, and he's using very strong amage. I hate that guy. I hate this guy. This guy gets to that guy. We should play too well, but you'd have to tone so much of it out. And I just real because I watched it again. He's wearing a Saints top in the in the scene in the movie, so yeah, I must play that tomorrow. But yeah, I thought it was yesterday. Yesterday was fantastic. It is every year, all right, Tomorrow's show. Then, after so many great stories on Today's show, minor explosions and keyword they're minor, but if you do get into a heavy they one, why not wait here? It went exploding of him today and you won't believe what it kind of accidentally went this way. You won't believe what my partner wrecked. If you've got anything for those tomorrow, you can email me early to the party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Let's leave you with some of these keyword sing it, practice it, dream record it. He thanks week two, struggling here for a week two? No no, no, some amazing entry today, amazing entry. Ask you to a sing four your cruise. You're off to the South Pacific on Royal Caribbean. You go to the Christian Occonic show dot com dot au. I've looad you enter there, pick a song but your own lyrics to it. This actually is a fantastic one from Megan taking on the Beatles yesterday singing for her cruise bruise Away Cruise Away yesterday.
Speaker 1: Man, I really need a.
Speaker 7: Work long hours for such crapy page and bossive vaka.
Speaker 4: Cruise away stuff like face at the ol day Buffley. Very very good, very good, bingo Queizes and Carrie. Okay, Bubby, please help me correct gold standing gold plus for that. Megan Lucas, very very good. Now, look so we've get someone's like that, and then we get the all colors of the rainbow welcome on this show, aren't they? That's going on with this got over the weekend. Huh big Butts, I like big Bolt. And again.
Speaker 6: There was this big, big Buffy and you stick that whole thing in your fish be leave it there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast