Speaker 1: The Flex and Froom's daily podcast, brought to you by Jada.
Speaker 2: It is with extreme regret that we come to you today with a bit of a confession. I say we because I understand that in this moment, what Freumi needs from me is my support. It's not time for me to roast or for anyone to put us against each other. I'm here as a friend, first colleague.
Speaker 3: Second.
Speaker 4: Fumi went to Europe.
Speaker 2: You EU, Yeah, ropactis practice, So first Europe trip ever. Booked the tickets in June, you know, arrived in September. She had high hopes for the experience, but unfortunately for all of us involved, it was not that great. The phrase that I heard through me use and I quote Europe is overrated. Now I know what you're thinking. Europe is a continent, Flex, I'm aware free music. According to Frumi, Europe is a homogeneous place where countries don't exist. She went to a few. She has a big idea about the whole trubid is not like Europe. But I feel as though if you'd like to send her there again, she could change her mind.
Speaker 4: You know where you messed up the first time I went to Europe.
Speaker 2: I went on a Kentiqui influencer trip, and that was the best way to do it because I wouldn't have planned that trip myself, and I would have been so limited in where I would have wanted to go and who I wanted to do it with. I was the people I didn't know, going to places I'd never been, so I was in my whole new element.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's weird. When I was younger, I wouldn't have done a Kentiqi. Now that I'm this age, the Kentiqui laugh sala what I'm appealing? Yeah, oh, I will say, though, One good thing about going I didn't get your lag either way.
Speaker 2: That's because you're European, babe, the blood in me.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, let's go flea.
Speaker 2: And if you think I want to confess while they're on the tip of my tongue, I've been so bad with dates recently and I don't know what's happening. I keep getting my age wrong, so either I've been body snatched or like, how do I open the right met anyway? And then the other day I threw out veggimid because it said it expired in twenty twenty three August, and I was like, Oh, it's done.
Speaker 4: It's twenty twenty two, babe.
Speaker 3: Also hun little bit of a heads up that might doesn't go off.
Speaker 4: That's what people keep telling me.
Speaker 3: It's preservatives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what do you show so much at all?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Like I said, as soon as I got my license and as soon as I got a car, I really liked I became a person who drives a driver capital D. It is such a core part of my identity. I wake up excited to use my car.
Speaker 1: Where will we go?
Speaker 4: Where will we go?
Speaker 2: But it's directly at odds with the fact that I'm trying to get my steps up, and so it's like, I don't do incidental walking.
Speaker 4: Now, I gotta find an hour out of my day to go to the gym. It's not great.
Speaker 2: But I saw another news article, and again, these news articles are feeling like onion pieces because each one of them feels like it was written by a chronically online person, and I don't like it. Listen to this though, Apparently people have been feeling really anxious to get back on the road post COVID, and I get it. It was, you know, two years of health for a lot of people. They weren't on the roads, a lot of anger pent up. The government has a solution. What is a solution? You ask what is it? Well, ask me and I'll tell you what's the solution. We don't really sound very interested.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't tell you you're not interested.
Speaker 3: I'm so interested.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 2: They're called R plates, and they're blue and the R is white. You might have seen them on the road.
Speaker 4: I know I have it.
Speaker 2: But they're being rolled out to help people return to driving after experiencing some kind of road related trauma, right, and so it's been an initiative launched by my car. And to be honest, the way they're framing it is like, you know, let's say you have a car accident, and so you're naturally going to be a bit bit shaky on the roads, maybe slower than you need to be going, or more hesitant when you're indicating lanes. And generally people are not very gracious to people who aren't loose drivers. If you can't be real smooth with that, like butter like if you're turning stiff around the corners, people aren't happy about that. They're gonna start beeping you if you delay even more than point five a second. When that light goes from red to green. It's World War three on these streets. About to understand it. But something about the R plate, I'm like, do you really think this is going to be the thing?
Speaker 3: What does our stand for?
Speaker 4: Are stands for returning return plates?
Speaker 3: It's just it's not gonna work. It's not gonna work. People, I feel like people are. Then you have a few types of drivers on the road. You got antagonistic who want to ram up your ass on purpose. They see any sign of weakness and they pounce on it. Truck drivers exactly. A truck truck driver.
Speaker 4: I don't want any problems.
Speaker 3: My dad's a truck driver, so I'm allowed to do this slander. Some guy nearly merged into my car on the way to cater today, close call. Then get his number plate. I'll take him out anyway. I think it's like putting a target on your back, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what people are saying as well. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: They say, you shouldn't be on the road if your confidence isn't up to scratch. I mean, we have places to be the world doesn't stop for people who don't have confidence. Okay, Someone also said, just give them room like an l plator, and another person said in a response, I wish being on my l's was hell. Even when I did the speed limit and everything, there was no respect. Someone else said, when is everyone in the history of automotive transport well ever given an L plate to more space or patients. What makes you think they'll do the same for an r plator?
Speaker 3: Our players, Yeah, they're in for it. It's like putting glasses on and putting nerd on the back of your back.
Speaker 4: Okay, not quite. I just think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Again, Like I said, I like the idea of positive improvements, but sometimes it feels like we're taking not the most niche problem, but a problem that exists on the corner of the world that has been centered for optics for a good story. Like I can just imagine my car, whoever is you know, ahead of this is kind of like do you get people talking, you know, about driving about driving safety?
Speaker 4: What's a nice way to shake it up?
Speaker 3: Just before we go any further flex we've just had on good authority from our producer Brook that my car who's trying to push this initiative is a subsidiary of Kmart. This is not a government.
Speaker 1: This is just.
Speaker 3: Yet another consumption free tires.
Speaker 4: If you want to be an ARP later.
Speaker 3: We'll give you some pre CDs from.
Speaker 4: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not mad, I'm just very intrigued to see how well this will be received. So if you are an R later or you know one, and you want to let us know what your experience has been, right been like returning to the roads, hit us up, hit us up.
Speaker 3: Getting your car, I'll tailgate you and come to the studio passenger princess.
Speaker 2: Let me show you how to be confident on the road. Baby, I'm smooth with it.
Speaker 3: Yet to be seen.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms before.
Speaker 2: We go any further. It's very important to everybody in the room that you can just wish between who is flex and who is through.
Speaker 3: You're doing that just because in case I do something rogue.
Speaker 2: Absolutely any opportunity to remind people that we are not one entity. You know. I was ordering food at a Chicken Shot one day and the woman behind the counter looked up and was like, oh my god, I recognize your voice.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what, Oh God, I hear your voice on the radio.
Speaker 2: We're at that point people know it's my voice, babe anyway, So I don't actually know what I sound like in my head. I was so sure I had a deep voice. Every time I say it, everyone's like, stop at babes with your voice is up in the head. It is nasally and grating, and that's for me.
Speaker 3: It's nasally rising. But there's some sort of little tiny it's froggy.
Speaker 4: There's like a froggy element to my voice somewhere.
Speaker 3: I think people confuse deep voices with confident voices, like if you have a confident speaker, it seems deeper, which is a whole nother thing to discuss. So FLEXI as we know, I just got back from Europe, and the biggest thing that I took away from my intercontinental trip twenty four hours in transit. At the very least, the one thing I came back with no souvenirs.
Speaker 4: Odd was was money not was money tight? What's going on?
Speaker 3: No? I did buy some sartoral pieces that I'll discuss later, but the one takeaway that I got from Europe was that the chips are not salted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not great, is it.
Speaker 3: Every single day that I was in Europe I ordered some form of Fritz. Of course, my friend that I was with is a big Fritz girl, doesn't like sweet things. She's an absolute fiend for potatoes of any variety. We had them in France, in London, in Ibitha, in Namdrop, and every single time, without a doubt, even at McDonald's no salt on the fries. And I thought to myself, there's some sort of conspiracy happening with the no salt fries in Europe. I came to the conclusion that it must have something to do with health advice. Yeah, anyway, go for the Googs. Can't find anything on Google apart from one article from twenty twelve that said that KFC stopped salting their ships in the UK for health reasons, but it seems to have permeated the entire area.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense because like, didn't a lot of European nations like steal spices and stuff.
Speaker 4: You didn't use them, what did you do with them?
Speaker 2: This is also my complaint with London specifically when I went, if I wasn't eating cultural food like Jamaican food or Indian food, it was blend.
Speaker 4: And that's no shade. That's no shade we can make.
Speaker 2: We can make observations and they might hurt your feelings just a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know, this is even an extension of your culture.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry to your people, but the no salt thing is an issue, and I think that is fundamentally why a lot of Australians are very specific about chicken salt, because there's nothing like it. There's nothing like chicken salt on a chip. Be so I got to carry it with you at all times.
Speaker 3: Damn. Okay, that's how I want to elevate.
Speaker 2: I want to get chicken salt, tomato sauce and lip balm on a key chain and attach that to my keys.
Speaker 4: You're the person to make this literally wow.
Speaker 3: So actually, while we're on the topic of chips in Europe and London, I want to give you a few rundowns of the food that I ate.
Speaker 2: Me interested mildly, I won't lie to you.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing that I did, which I think will be of interest to those listening is obviously everyone is a fan of ottle ANGI let me let me rephrase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've been seeing out a Lengy. I've been going to bookstores. I've been seeing the name. I'm like, is it a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Is it a guy? Is it a way of cooking? I'm not sure. Did I google it? No, but you can tell me.
Speaker 3: So. If you're a single white female living in the Eastern suburbs, it out. There's one thing, and one thing only on your kitchen bench. It's a ottolengngy. It's at a lean hookbook Simple Jerusalem. There's some other ones. There's names of these books. Oh, the classic, the classic dishes. One of the most classy dishes is a roasted cauliflowerhead with pomegranate and like a Tahini style sauce.
Speaker 4: Terrifying.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I realized it's an odd Lengy restaurant in London because he is London. It's a person, he's a yo. Yeah. I think his name is Yotan MODELINGI Monolengi oh to lingy otto Lengi. Rather, I was on a food so far in Europe, I'm not gonna lie. I was going to every single little restaurant, trying all the cuisines. Actually never had Indian Huh or African food no I know, but decided to go to the odd Lenge restaurant. It's called Knoppi n OPI kind of like no boo and she was. It was absolutely delicious, imagine the cookbook but in real life. Must admit the restaurant was in Soho, which is a really cool inner city spot. But the lighting was too bright. Ooh you know what's something too bright? Yeah, fluorescent fluorescents.
Speaker 4: That's a shame.
Speaker 3: Of course. We got talking to the waiter. He was a young guy from.
Speaker 4: Love a little flat with the waiter sign me up.
Speaker 3: He was loving it.
Speaker 4: How yeah, right right?
Speaker 3: And I was gonna say something about the waiter, but I won't because you could probably name check him. You never know who's listening to this podcast. You've gotten soft, nah, So what else can I tell about Europe? The streets smell like piss. Everywhere smell like piss.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've got to stop saying Europe, Like, let's be specific. Where did you witch streets in particular?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to think of a place in Europe that didn't smell it piss. Amsterdam in the morning didn't smell it piss. And to name at night piss London, piss Paris double piss Paris are allowed it to be pissy as well as beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh, Wow.
Speaker 3: Basically I must admit I am from Europe originally, so I feel like I am allowed to rag on London. Believe that's where my first four bart is Trump.
Speaker 2: Which for Europe, which country in Europe from originally pre Brexit?
Speaker 3: Pre Brexit England is the heritage that we're working with. And so when I came there, it actually did feel like a bit of a return to center.
Speaker 4: A bit of aut homecoming, and actually like it.
Speaker 3: Actually did, like I felt really comfortable, and despite it smelling like peace, like I'd smell the piece and be like, that's what my forefathers would have smelly. But London was really beautiful. Actually, the more I think about the trip, the more I liked it. I went to Oxford, which is a university town, which I still can't work out. Oxford is a university, but it's also a suburb. And there's all these different colleges. But do they all go to Oxford?
Speaker 4: I don't understand. Yeah, I don't answer the question.
Speaker 3: Someone someone will DM me and tell me, like, there's some Mary's College in Oxford. Does that mean it's part of Oxford?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say no, yeah, damn. So would you describe your experience as an eat prey. Love changed your life. I mean I can rattle off a few into continental trips I've taken that are, in fact, core memories that have made me the woman I am today.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's no next question. Please.
Speaker 3: There were some unexpected instances. Fuck, I'm really not giving much. This segment a.
Speaker 4: Very premium way to say.
Speaker 3: No. No, I don't know. I think I'm too close to the source, like Europe kind of feels like a blur. I think I'm just sick, and that's why I'm coming back. Hear it in my voice.
Speaker 2: See, I don't think you need to sell yourself the idea that the holiday was enjoyable.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't you say that.
Speaker 3: No, it was definitely enjoyable. It's just like I need a holiday after the holiday, and it was just so I say, yeah.
Speaker 4: This is what I say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Europe overrated?
Speaker 4: Will you go again?
Speaker 3: No? Not for a long time. What's That's how I know that I liked it, but I'm not obsessed. You know, some people get back from Europe. You know what actually made me realize. You know how when you're younger, there's some families that we go to Europe every year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, I think some significant differences.
Speaker 4: Please continue.
Speaker 3: You people whose SAMs gone these European trips and I just think, oh, fuck them, life must be amazing. I'm like, it's the same shit everywhere. Plus you're so jet lagged, and it's such a mental you know, I'm traveling around by myself. I've got to get to the gate at the right time. It's a lot of mental energy. Where where where?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, I feel like you set yourself up.
Speaker 2: I feel like you went to Europe anticipating fun, not considering that you were the fun that Europe needed.
Speaker 3: Well, I definitely was serving that for most of the time, probably sixty percent of the time. I was really bringing your vibe.
Speaker 2: Do you think you would have had a different experience had you traveled with different people?
Speaker 3: Nah? Oh, I was with good friends of mine who have similar interests.
Speaker 2: Maybe just hopeless, Maybe travel is not for you to be fair though, I do think you're right in saying that when people travel generally, like when we're seeing our acquaintances on Instagram posting their euro trip, they're going, you know, once every seven years. They've like saved all their coins for this. They have no choice but to view it as a life changing experience totally. I think once you've done a few exciting things in quick succession, you get numb to it. Because what I'm talking about we need to get back to, like lowering our dopamine exposure so we can start to enjoy things.
Speaker 4: Through stoth of you babes. I'm growing into it. My stoic era is like forty five that we're getting there.
Speaker 2: But like I say, every day we do things we like, we well, we like, we eat what we like, we enjoy, we enjoy, we indulge, we indulge. Now we go to a designated area pay a premium to do the same thing we'd be doing. It's not adding up.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it is. Flex, That's exactly what it is. I try to live my life like I'm on holiday here. Yeah, and I was expecting it to be supercharged on crack on crack. Oh there was one other thing I want to tell you, Oh yeah, yeah, I did find this sandwich shop and I walked half an hour with the faust fattest hangover I've ever experienced. Like it was absolutely disgusting. I was so crook walked all the way through East London to nah. I knew I had to get out of the house, and you know, I can walk for a long time if I know there's something at the other end. Anyway, walking home and I'm like taking instagrams in this sandwich, I look like shedes no offense to me, but it was not serving all offense and taun and get home and someone's tagged me in the Instagram story from behind me walking with my little sandwich playing on my phone baterally. It was so upsetting. I'm just this is not what I need. I was flattered, but it's not what I needed.
Speaker 2: I told you this ops everywhere. To stop leaving the house like you're in your invisible chamber. Okay, get to step in. Everybody's watching live in a to con surveillance state.
Speaker 3: Oh alas So to wrap up, I really appreciate this segment. Europe is overrated. If you've never been before, like I hadn't been in your twenty seven twenty eight, you're not missing out on that much. But also go get out of his system and then you won't want to go for another ten years. I'm not going for at least another twenty years. Shut up.
Speaker 1: You're a there, and this is flex and frooms on CADA.
Speaker 2: I am a firm believer in the idea that everything can be better. Everything can be more efficient, more optimized, hotter, cuter, sweeter, sexier.
Speaker 4: More premium.
Speaker 2: And the reason why things don't get to their level of excellence is because people are really really afraid to change things when they think they've arrived. Oh you know, I've submitted this thing, or I've decided this is my look.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't change it now. Let's change it every day always in particular. I don't know any.
Speaker 2: Person who has overwhelmingly pouse things to say about dating apps.
Speaker 4: Not one.
Speaker 2: There are a few nice little stories there, but guaranteed what you'll find sprinkled in is horror thriller, psychological thriller, maybe even.
Speaker 4: Some sci fi. It's not good. It's not looking good.
Speaker 2: So the other day I was ranting with my friend about what we should do because she's having a terrible time and she's a hottie. So I'm like, that's not have they dried up, They've the dams are dried up. Unfortunately. You know, the most compatible is looking very scary. That's that's when you know that's when I That's when I was like, okay, let's really review reve your profile because that can't be happening to you, bob. But here's my thing. Number one, dating app has been around for too long. Ten years is too.
Speaker 4: Long without a major overhaul.
Speaker 2: Okay, if we were using these same apps when we were eighteen, and you've not cleared everybody off them since this is disgusting, what they need to do is a mass exodus.
Speaker 4: Get everybody off the dating app. Clear it immediately. You know it's a scary person. God please.
Speaker 3: The scary on earth is when you've had an app five years ago and then you redownload it and you see the same I'm freaking out.
Speaker 2: I know why I'm back, going, why are you back? I know I know to be in a mass exodus. Clear everybody off the app, start from scratch, make everybody sign up intentionally. That's number one. I don't want any ghost profiles because you know what I've been seeing these days, and I don't want to out anyone. Somebody that I knew from when I was in high school. I saw his profile come up on a dating app, which is really odd because when I went on Facebook, he's just been engaged, And why am I seeing new photos up on this profile?
Speaker 4: I'm like, is this an arrangement? Is a situation?
Speaker 2: I know either of them well enough to say anything, But if we could just clear the profiles, clear the apps of everyone, and have us all sign up again, then I would know for sure.
Speaker 4: Then I could say something.
Speaker 2: Number Two, I think that at a minimum, everybody needs to be changing at least one image every month. They cannot let anybody have images that are more than a month old or the app I need to know, even like a little time stamp uploaded in August.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been catfished?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not like dramatically, but I'm like, I can see why this is what you look like? Do you know what I love to do now. I love to do a video called vibe check because some people will match with I'm like, oh, I know you were in the same like social circle, same community, or I can find your Instagram or whatever. Some people photographed so well. I did a vibe check once. Why am I talking to this guy? And he's giving like extra like like art bro mask and I talked to him. I'm like, you're the most delicate, like sweet little like elfin sweetie Pie. I'm like, you need to figure out what vibe you're giving off, because you've catfished the vibe like immediate. His profiles all like serious art house like Vinyl, but his personality is like flowery and like sensitive and like sweet and giggly. I'm like catfish vibe check, like I was saying, So the photo one I feel really really confident about. And also I feel as though like there needs to be some kind of review system, not one that can be gamified in any way, but like some way that external profiles or even internal profiles can rank or validate you. So like a little tickti, let' see like good conversationalists and like endorsed by like LinkedIn endorsed by thirty five people good conversation.
Speaker 4: Or like fun date endorse you know because the steaks are high.
Speaker 2: Let's get serious with it. Putting just a bunch of photos up and a few words it's not doing it.
Speaker 3: What you really need is to find the ex boyfriends of people you know, Oh hot people you know you see their ex boyfriend.
Speaker 4: You know it's fair game. Bay, Yeah, I'm taking it up and you and you I'm not above it. Keep your exits.
Speaker 2: Away from interesting because my best friend is really, really, really particular about not dating anyone that is an ex, not even an X like legit relationship with someone she knows.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you're so loyal to strangers.
Speaker 3: When we're leaving Fatty, when we get in the door, seas coming through, coming through the turnstaps.
Speaker 4: It's six years away from thirty for me, So I don't have to think about that.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms Onda.
Speaker 2: I have been playing around with this idea of having personal mantras for myself in addition to themes for the year cool, just to make Oh, I was gonna say, to make life worth living, but that's not the phrase after just to punctuate life, you know, like we're going into a new cycle, we're coming out of one. So this year's theme was meant to be Socialize Era, but that lasted a total of three days, and then I went strictly back into girl Boss era. And that's okay, because we fall off the horse, we'd like to jump back on natural state.
Speaker 4: Natural state.
Speaker 2: So we are in girl Boss era punctuated by Hot Girl Era. Whatever that looks like like for you, it's up to you. In addition to that, a mantra I've been playing with is it's a good day to be a good different person. And by that I mean like it's a good day to try something new for the first time.
Speaker 4: It's a good day to switch it up.
Speaker 2: It's a good day to decide that something you hated yesterday could be something that you like today. Good not in like the moral way like oh I'm like so pious, but like good whatever that means for you, happy, enjoyable. Whatever I think that I never used to do is go out on a school night.
Speaker 4: Do I go to school?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Am I self employed? Yeah, you're at the school of life literally.
Speaker 2: But something about anybody asking me to do something on a school night, I'd be like, O, hi, yeah, yai. I would anticipate being like okay to two hour dinner. We're in an app out by eight even though not going to bed till three or four am.
Speaker 4: I was like, I just can't do that. A couple of weeks ago, it was different.
Speaker 2: Was invited to a bit of a how do you say industry party, and I tend not to go to because I want to be honest with you. You being a DJ at nineteen ruined parties for me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I was there as well, you were there.
Speaker 2: Let's still forget we haven't even got to that bit of the story, babe, true your time will come for me. Was also at this industry party. It was a great guest list. I will say that it was popping the party itself. Yeah, the parties are hard to throw, so you know, I want to give them grace. That was about three hours. The food was good, the music was good, and the vibes were up. After that, I went to a drag show. I proceeded to stay there for five hours.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I got home at like two thirty three hour on a what flex on like a literal random Thursday. It was not my intention, babe. I was like, yeah, i'll be out, I'll be at home by nine am. But once I got there, I was like, who am I to not see this through? What is so important that I can't just enjoy myself? And also I've functioned on way less sleep. Sleep is not the thing that is going to deter me from living. It's about enjoying myself. I can always do stuff I enjoy on very little sleep.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: If I got twelve hours of sleep and had to wake up and do something I don't enjoy.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: I closed at the function, yawning every second sentence. Now I'm like, okay, great, there really are two types of people. Because I feel like you're hearing this and saying, three, I'm on a Thursday, babe. It's not for me, but I think it could be because what happened that night core memory amazing, so many things. I'm just like, I could write a book about this instance. So we'll talk about later.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna stay up for a love interest, oh till three. Anything else you can wait for the weekend.
Speaker 4: But I had all of that.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 2: I had enemies to lovers. I have love interests. I had a drag show, had chats, I saw altercations like huh, that would never happen on a weekend, mind you. That's what I'm also saying. The thing about going out on a weekend is that the residents already set that nobody wants to add me flavor to it. You don't add anything new to going out on a weekend. It's so cut and dry on a weekday. Go get loose on a Tuesday and tell me how that feels.
Speaker 3: And I must submit. Industry events actually are fun at this age.
Speaker 4: If the guest list is Poppin's.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even if it's not, though, you get people watch if you're with at.
Speaker 3: Least one other good person, someone that I love to go with Bianca Beers.
Speaker 4: Oh we love Banchor.
Speaker 3: She is our favorite Sagittarian, an artist and an FT artist, and she is just.
Speaker 4: An artist like a traditional artist illustrator. She can pay.
Speaker 3: We go to events. She's loud, in charge, proud. We just have the best time. Just depends, so you go with definitely. So everybody joined me as of today. It's a good day to be a different person.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kada.
Speaker 4: Through me is cooking again?
Speaker 3: Tell us this is a big one. As we spoke about it on the podcast, I went through a period of intense cooking. I was a really amazing cook, to be honest, doing odd lingis doing some things off bon eppetite, you know, trying new things.
Speaker 2: It's the trying that gets me. You're very good at trying new things in the kitchen. I would never post.
Speaker 3: I am I'm cooking fish on a weeknight. Honestly, not into it anymore. Now I cook for leftovers. I'm thinking about my future self. Obviously, I was in Europe before Europe. I'm allowed to say that because I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So obviously I was abroad.
Speaker 3: And about a month or so before I went to Europe, I was not cooking at all because I was just in holiday murderready. In the first week, I cooked two meals, well, coming on three. I made a odd capasta, which is just a classic. Don't even have to use a recipe anymore. I'm that good at it, really wow. And then I tried my hand at a curry. So this was a Tuesday night. I also am incapable of spending time just alone at the moment, so I invited a friend over at the last minute.
Speaker 4: You want to unpack that.
Speaker 3: Later, I invited her over and said, I'm going to make a curry. Get to the supermarket. No recipe.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're just gonna it's gonna rug it, Okay.
Speaker 3: Then lo and behold, I come across the jar sauce. Okay, And I thought today I am impurist. This is why I thought, Oh, but you know what, I'm getting heaps of veggies. I'm getting the chicken, I just throw a sauce on the top because I don't want to go by the condiments. That's it. I chop up all of the I'm boiling the potatoes and the carrots, the broccolini, I've made onion, put some garlic in the pan like I'm slaying it, and yep, chili. So I'm gonna be just put the jar sauce right into it. Jar sauce goes in straight away. The entire meal is disgusting. It's ruined. Now for me, I hadn't had a curry sauce, probably had one in my whole life, to be honest, this one it was the most sugary.
Speaker 2: Oh sascherine, Like did you pick it intentionally or you just went with the vibe in the supermarket?
Speaker 3: I went to the vibe whatever it was. This was foul. Anyway. My friend comes over. My friend is a piro, She's an amazing cook, quite a healthy gal. I didn't have the guts to tell her that it was.
Speaker 4: I think that you just cooked a terrible harry.
Speaker 3: So she comes into the house. She goes, that seems delicious, and I say, oh yeah, good now, oh yeah, I hope it's good. So if it's not good, serve it up.
Speaker 4: Have you no shame? Seven people?
Speaker 3: That is not good the first time I've probably ever done it, to be honest. And she loved it. And I thought, if only you knew what was inside this.
Speaker 4: You know she loved it? Does she love you enough to lie to you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was so delicious, Cindy, Like she ate the whole thing, Cindy, Yeah, that's my government name my friends.
Speaker 2: WHOA I'm with you and you introduce yourself with Cinder, I'm like, is she in the.
Speaker 3: Room with us right now? Alas, My point is if you cook something that's really shit, you either have to just copy it and they say, now people know this is a personality trait that I'm not good at cooking, or you say it and they're gonna not enjoy it now because they know it's bad. You know, you're gonna pick your battles. Either let them think it's gross and judge you, or let them think it's gross, judge you for being skinned and for not trying, but put it down in the open.
Speaker 4: I think we need to call your friend and get the truth.
Speaker 3: Should I actually, Okay, we'll do it next week.
Speaker 2: I am intrigued, though, I want you to quiz her in a couple months time where it's not as fresh and when she's less like little Ladi you because obviously you're going through a lot right now, you're back from Europe. The living situation doesn't pop in. She didn't want to kick you while you were down. You know, fair fair, she said, give her a win, give her a wim. The other day, though, I was having this amazing conversation with a friend. It was a rant of some sort. I feel like it's very empowering to rant with your favorite people. It makes you feel connected, and of course have conversations with gratitude.
Speaker 4: That's for another day.
Speaker 2: She was ranting about how the dating apps a desert dry. Oh, she was like, not having fun, so I've heard, and I was like, oh, I'm having a.
Speaker 4: Good week this week. That's a shame. That's a shame.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Let's do a little little profile review. I'm like, have you updated the pickies recently? Suld haven't updated in the months. I said, oh, yeah, we're gonna get fresh please, let's say some freshments in there. But aside from that, while we weren't lamenting her experience on apps. I was like, to be honest, I have some really grand, perhaps controversial ideas about dating apps and how we can make them better. And I thought I would share them with you in a couple of minutes, and maybe you can share yours and we can just put that into the ether. Maybe the big dogs at you know, the Big threeble Generator can check in and let us know.
Speaker 4: If they can bumble Hinge Raya on the.
Speaker 3: Big four, j Day, plenty of fish, enough enough, there are more niche.
Speaker 4: They're not the Big four, you think. When we say the Big four, someone says iron g.
Speaker 2: F and I don't often come across articles that I think are fake news because I think fake news doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: You know what is the truth. It's not a bunch of stories we all agree on. Am I right?
Speaker 2: Am?
Speaker 3: I right? It's giving questions.
Speaker 2: But this headline was like, oh, it's illegal to own this thing in Switzerland. I was like, what Switzerland doing every now? And then I'm talking about these European countries. It's every week with me in Denmark, and yeah, there's something there. I used to tell people when I was younger. They'd be like, where are you from?
Speaker 4: And I'm like like, oh, I'm a princess. My family's Switzerland, Geneva.
Speaker 2: Because I got so bored of people asking me where I was from, I start to lie. You say Cambodia a lot just for flavor, because what are you gonna say?
Speaker 4: No, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: It doesn't add up?
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Uh, it is illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland.
Speaker 4: You have to own two.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 4: Granted?
Speaker 2: This article came out in two thousand and eight, and that was like vintage. That was a lifetime ago. But it says in two thousand and eight, the Swiss government passed an animal rights law which made it illegal for a pet owner to own just one guinea pig, no matter how much they wanted just one. This legislation was part of a push to grant social rights to pets prone to loneliness, as it's likely one guinea pig will outlive the other. Rent a guinea pig services have become popular to keep remaining piglets happy while stopping the owner from becoming locked in a never ending cycle of guinea pig purchasing piglets. Literally, so you want to get a guinea pig. Fine, but they're like, you can't just have one because it will be lonely and we do not want anxious guinea pigs. So all these higher rent to guinea pig services exist to accommodate for one guinea pig you own.
Speaker 3: It's like sugar baby guinea pigs. So hold on, is a guinea pig a type of pig? Or is it a type of rodent?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna rote rodent, but I'm gonna google that because pigs are really smart.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, maybe it's a pig.
Speaker 2: If it's a pig, the guinea pig or domestic guinea pig is a species of rodent, it's a rat.
Speaker 4: I love rats, though, you know.
Speaker 3: I ate a guinea pig once. Oh, in South America?
Speaker 4: Was it numb? Numb? Yum?
Speaker 3: It actually was like honey. Just tastes like chicken. Of course, had it on the road side.
Speaker 4: I thought it'd be like veal.
Speaker 3: Nah, it was like like chicken with corn, like thigh of chicken.
Speaker 2: Thie.
Speaker 4: Nice, nice, nice? You were so cultured?
Speaker 3: What can I say? So poor guinea pigs?
Speaker 4: No, not poor guinea pigs.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I love animal rights laws, vegan no, just I'll eat them honestly.
Speaker 3: Actually, I was eating chicken for lunches, chicken are and chenie balls, and I think I might. I've been having these moments lately where I'm eating chicken and thinking this is really weird, this is not it.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I think our time for vegetarian is like thirty two thirty three, because, to be honest, for how much uber eats I get and how often I'm like, the meat is susm, I feel like I just need to stop getting meat.
Speaker 3: Like I'm starting to get an insight into how vegetarians must feel about people who eat meat. You get these little moments of like.
Speaker 2: Not your visualization, visualizing what it's like to be a vegetarian having a weird meat. The time will come if someone could cook my every meal, I'd be a vegan tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune its Catera on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.