Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here we go Matilda's Wednesday, ladies.
Speaker 2: The night is the night baby.
Speaker 3: It is a World Cup Wednesday for our very own homegrown Matilda's. They're playing the Lioness's which is England in the semifinal. First time we've ever been in the semifinal. England has never won a World Cup. This is the time to be alive.
Speaker 2: You never known Anywaykay.
Speaker 4: Out of all the people in Australia are excited, Brittany Hockley is the most excited.
Speaker 2: Seven GM tonight, everyone where you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Two years ago, couldn't care about football, data football are now for the last year.
Speaker 2: I'm into football and.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be into football to be behind the Matilda's right now. It is The electricity in the air in Australia right now is wid unmatched.
Speaker 2: And this is what I think.
Speaker 4: It's so cool because I do not date a footballer and could not care less about football, But now I care about football.
Speaker 2: I'm turned. Yeah, I've been turned for a footballer.
Speaker 1: I'm the same I want them to and I actually have a good feeling about tonight.
Speaker 2: They've got it in a bag.
Speaker 5: I'll take it. The girls have it. I'm excited for the game.
Speaker 4: All right, Well it's all happening at seven pm tonight. I know we're all going to be We're going to be at the pub because none of us got tickets.
Speaker 3: If anybody can get me, this is Britney speaking, to be clear, our last minute.
Speaker 4: To get you see the radio show for your personal game.
Speaker 3: I never use this show for my personal game, but if I can get a ticket somehow, someone has a spare.
Speaker 2: One floating around, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't care who you are, famous not famous, Well, we have a very big show lined up for you.
Speaker 1: You may have heard of abstaining from adult cuddles until marriage, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't do it, but yeah, I had two kids before I got married.
Speaker 5: A televised show before you got married.
Speaker 4: There, I didn't have special cuddles on the televised show.
Speaker 2: He did tongue hockey, for sure. We made out a well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of tongue hoy hockey, there's a hockey hockey, Hey hockey. Speaking of ton hockey, there is a couple that are with holding something way.
Speaker 5: Worse than cuddles.
Speaker 1: Or to you next on the pickup around Australia, all thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 5: It's the pick up Wednesday. Avo, Bret, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 1: Here try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred meal by Dan Carter, new and exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine. Now, gals, I'm sure you've heard of couples that have stained from sex until marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've gone more self control than me. Well, I mean, usually it's a religious thing.
Speaker 5: It's a religious thing, spiritual.
Speaker 1: Perhaps even some people that aren't religious just want to have that real special moment on their wedding night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's anyone doing it on their wedding night.
Speaker 5: Did you do it on your wedding night?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: If these people have not ever had special cuddles their entire life, they're doing it on their wedding night, I guarantee you. Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, this couple in Texas have taken it to the next level. They are with holding their first kiss until their wedding day.
Speaker 2: They been dating for twenty five years.
Speaker 4: That's not your boyfriend, that's your mate, that's your friend.
Speaker 2: Say they're dating their platonic friends.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Caitlin and Eliza met the christ for the Nation's Institute in twenty nineteen, so there's some context for you. She immediately developed a crush on him straight away. They bonded over their religious value. She said, I'd never kissed anyone before, and I wanted the first person I ever kissed to be the one I married. They claimed everyone around them thought the choice was really, really weird, and I thought you were going to say, really sweet. They struggled, so to distract themselves from wanting to kiss, they would go out with friends to distract themselves to stop the urge to kiss, and they'd engage in strenuous hobbies together, including rock climbing and hiking.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to get a bit of energy out, isn't It is a mountain? Is that for exhibuestion? They don't have energy left to make it.
Speaker 5: If all else failed, they turned to prayer, is what they said.
Speaker 4: It says a lot when your own community, like they met at church, their own community has turned around and said this a.
Speaker 2: Bit you're taking it a bit far.
Speaker 3: We are not here to yuck anyone's yum. We don't do that here. You can know what you want, but what happens if you've been with them for.
Speaker 2: Five years and you get married and they make that up.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what happened.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened, so that they were allowed to have forehead and cheek kisses as well as eskimo kisses with their eyelashes. They got engaged after four years of dating. They got married a year later. They had their first kiss June twenty twenty three. And here's the drop quote from the husband. He says, the long way to kiss was weird at first.
Speaker 2: No, so on their wedding day. Imagine imagine the pressure.
Speaker 4: Imagine you've never kissed anyone your entire life, You're standing up at the altar, you've just gotten married, and you have to kiss in front of all of your family and friends.
Speaker 2: That sounds like my idea of Hell.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know about your first kisses, because mine. I mean, I'm gay now, I've always been. I'm open the first kiss you get, well, I kissed. I won't say your name to protect her, but I was dressed as a cockroach because it was Halloween party. She was dressed as an avatar, so she was covered in blue paint, and I had eight legs all connected with fishing wire, so we were on the back patio.
Speaker 4: When you put your arms around her, they all went around like a so she didn't actually have a choice.
Speaker 5: There's parties.
Speaker 1: I was kissing her and halfway through the kiss she pulled away and I thought I was doing so good.
Speaker 5: I said, oh, you know, having fun.
Speaker 2: She can ask you a question.
Speaker 5: I'm like yeah what She went, are you gay?
Speaker 1: And I said, no, not out, No, no, I'm not in ten years, asked me. And then the lights turned on and my face was covered in blue paint because she painted herself blue to be an avatar.
Speaker 5: It was awful.
Speaker 4: I was in a car park and it was my first boyfriend. I was sixteen, and I kissed him between two like two big tall cars like what are they call?
Speaker 3: Like y?
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, And then I looked up from the kiss and my papa was standing in between the two cars just watching.
Speaker 2: Oh my papa.
Speaker 4: And then I went home and I sat in the car awkwardly and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: To him, and he pass anything. Is completely silent the whole way home.
Speaker 5: I sure you've got a story.
Speaker 2: Mine.
Speaker 3: I'm scarred from mine was like this whole big event who was in year six and the boy that I was going to be kissed in your six wait for it. Yeah, he'd been my boyfriend for like a year and we didn't even hold hands or anything.
Speaker 2: It was like a year long wait. I was like this married couple.
Speaker 5: But I was twelve, right, and not in Texas.
Speaker 3: So was the end of year six, and it was this whole big event we had organized. Not we, the school kids had organized that we were going to kiss after the school bell behind the demountables. Anyway, it was like the school fair. Everyone turned up and put there in this big circle around us, and we were in the middle looking at each other in front of all the school kids, and they were counting us down, and they were going three, two, and then right when it.
Speaker 2: Hit one, I would make up an excuse.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, oh, hang on a minute, I've got to take my backpack off.
Speaker 2: I've got to do this. I've got to do this.
Speaker 3: Anyway, twenty five minutes later, we made out break up the next day because I was like, that tongue does not belong in his mouth.
Speaker 4: That sounds exactly like what this poor couple had to do in front of their entire family friends at.
Speaker 2: Their own wedding exactly twenty years later. But that have worked out the same thing, but different works for some and not for others.
Speaker 5: All right, everyone's stand by. Next on the pickup.
Speaker 1: New laws introduced in the US law that could be affecting you here in Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, it's not going to affect me because I am here in Australia. But it turns out that there are laws that are coming out that are going to protect kids who are being used on social media to make money for their parents.
Speaker 5: Good change.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: That came here on the pick up Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the pickup, Britt Laura mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today.
Speaker 5: I love fine. It's great savings every day.
Speaker 4: There's been lots of conversations recently around influences and changing laws and regulations. But there is a big new law that has been passed in Illinois in the US.
Speaker 2: Is it Illinois?
Speaker 5: I don't know it is Illinois.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Illinois, not Illinois. Did I say this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You said the sol I don't get out much. I have two kids.
Speaker 4: The reason why I found this so interesting is because this new law that's coming out is all around child influences. Right, So parents who we've spoken about sharinging before on the pick up, but parents who make money off having children and sharing their children on social media.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a billion dollar industry. It's literally a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that, right, So, I mean we'll talk about why I think this is important. Firstly, I want to say, I think this new law that's coming out is such a good idea. Now, what it is is it means that children under the age of sixteen that are featured in content on any sort of monetized platform. So think like your mummy bloggers who are making money from having their kids in Huggies' ads or in different kinds of you know, brand deals for their.
Speaker 5: Children, even on Instagram content.
Speaker 4: YouTube is a big one where they had the little kids doing like the unboxing of resents and stuff. And I'm saying some of these YouTube channels have hundreds of millions of subscribers, right, Like they're making so much money off the back of this. But what it means is that these kids will be able to retrospectively basically sue their parents for potential earnings.
Speaker 2: So the part earning.
Speaker 4: Of what their parents have received off the back of the work that they've done. They will be able to claim some of that money back.
Speaker 3: So can I ask because I think this is great, right, I think one hundred percent. Kids, if they've earned the money by beaning the content, that should be their money the track.
Speaker 2: But here's the question.
Speaker 3: Where does the line go a little bit gray and murky when just say I'm going to say you, Laura, purely for an example purposes you as a family, you and manage influencers in terms of you both work, but you influence you do brand stuff. Sometimes you also have two kids that have done brand stuff, and I know you put that money away. But then what happens when your audience grows because they love the family content, they love the kid content. So your audience is growing because they want to see the kid content. But then you're making more money if you do an ad just you and Matt. The kids aren't in it, but the kids have helped grow it. So do they get a percentage of that earnings too?
Speaker 2: Let you know the murky line.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to well, No, So the way that they're kind of split this and I think that's probably an important thing, right, They're splitting. This is that they can claim for the percentage of the content that they're in. So say that your children appear in thirty percent of your content, then they're entitled to thirty percent of the earnings that covers what I'm must And now when I say it's a direct thirty percent, I don't know if they're the exact figures.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 4: For example, when this law all gets past, it could be Okay, maybe it's a percentage minus school fees, minus the things that you've invested into.
Speaker 2: Your children education, good house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe those things, because obviously these families are making so much money and they're benefiting from it. But the kids are benefiting from that too. They're going to better schools, they're living in nicer houses. But the thing is, there is no regulations on this worldwide at the moment. And I know that some obviously some states now in the US are bringing this out. But there are parents who do the right thing, and then there's parents who are able to exploit their children for their own monetary gain. The kids can't consent to being in that content, and then when they turn eighteen, they've had their entire live shared and they haven't necessarily had any money in the bank. The reason why I feel passionately about this is because because my kids do.
Speaker 2: They do appear on.
Speaker 4: My social media and they have been in brand deals. That sounds so weird. They've worked for different brands over the years, but.
Speaker 2: That money extensive last time. But that money will all be in an account for them.
Speaker 5: Where where where is the money? It's in a bank account, in nab account.
Speaker 2: Do you want number? Would you like the access go your kids more than us?
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 4: It means that when they get to a certain age and they're able to you know, I mean, they're not getting when they turn eighteen, but they will get it when they're old enough to be able to, you know, make some conscientious decisions with that money and do good things with it.
Speaker 2: That's going to set them up.
Speaker 4: And they're not just going to spend it on a European holiday, but like they'll have that sitting there for themselves. And I think the other big part of this is that there's so many mummy bloggers who their entire identity online is about being a mum. But the thing of that is that there is a kid who is involved in this who doesn't get to have their own identity. They're just an extension of their parents' ability to make money. And that's where the problem I think lies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interested, it's tricky. It's tricky. But I was with your kids on the week head to toe Gucci.
Speaker 5: They look so good.
Speaker 2: My kids look like they've rolled out of a clothing bit. Lola was wiping her but with.
Speaker 5: I went up to our own. Is that a dummy? And she said yes in French.
Speaker 4: She said, she said, we you're saying this and you're the one that has the expensive handbag.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go guys.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, it is Matilda's Night of Nights tonight they're performing in the semifinals. However, we're going to do our own little penalty shootouts here on the pickup. Britney Hockley, get your Shimpad's on, girl, We're doing it next very on a warm that's on the pick up. Welcome back to the pick Up Wednesday are vou Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred meal by Dan Carter knew and exclusive to Chemists ware House for just forty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Well, it is all happening tonight, the game that everybody in Australia is going to be watching. Matilda's are taking on England in the semi final. It's happening at seven pm. I know that's where we're all going to be. Oh yeah, but we thought, in celebration of the Matilda why don't we have our own little game here at the pickup. Brittany Hockley, we know that you are a bit of a football fanatic.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, well I'm obsessed with my football boyfriend, so yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Only sort of happened after you've got a boyfriend who played football.
Speaker 2: But now you are waiving the football flag. I've never watched a football match before.
Speaker 3: I'm at ben Now I have to go out of my way to google stuff so I can drop it and impress him.
Speaker 2: So I think you know what you're talking about. I know the most random facts of football.
Speaker 1: Well that's what we're going to do. You're our Aussie representative. And then incomes the boss of the pickup.
Speaker 4: So Tony is our boss, but he's also very conveniently from England. And Tony is going to be playing you in the semi finals and we're going to see who knows the most. Who knows what there is to know about soccer?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So use your countries as your buzzer. So yours is Australia, and then and then Tony, you're going to be England. Okay, shake may the best? Here we go, let's go. Question number one, how many Ozzie's tuned in to the last game of.
Speaker 2: The Matias seven point two million.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's done it.
Speaker 2: The women are beating the men again. Who would have thought?
Speaker 5: Question number two A question? Is it baba the Australian audience? Question two?
Speaker 1: Sam Kerr plays which position Australia forward?
Speaker 5: That's correct?
Speaker 2: Can I just put a point in here? It's a striker, not a forward. It's the same thing, but most people call it a striker? All right? Question number three? Has England ever won the Women's World Cup? England? No, very good. He goes for the fifty to fifty answer. We got one. I didn't go for the seven point six million people.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Question four, or this is tough? Who won the last Women's World Cup in twenty a.
Speaker 2: Us A? All right?
Speaker 4: Extra points for who the US was taking on in that game?
Speaker 2: Netherlands?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Where's the game? Adam one pretty uckly Nes.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do.
Speaker 2: Let's don's gonna ask me to marry him. I can tell he's gonna be so proud of me.
Speaker 1: Final question, Final question. When was the first fee for Women's World Cup? The very first.
Speaker 2: Women's take a guess coming on again in nineteen ninety six? No, I remember, I know it.
Speaker 3: I know it's around when Ben was born. Must be between nineteen ninety nineteen ninety three, it's.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety one. Let's give it to it.
Speaker 1: Brints.
Speaker 4: My goodness, noll oh tell there's not only has britt one, but my goodness, you were dating a young man.
Speaker 5: It's the takeaway.
Speaker 2: It sounds younger than it is. Nineteen ninety ish is thirty two?
Speaker 1: That is thank you our boss. Condolencesbed, Sorry about that, Tony.
Speaker 2: Do you want to take Australians a lot tonight?
Speaker 5: Tillies tonight?
Speaker 4: I think this is like looking into you know, the mirror ball. That's what's going to happen tonight. Yeah, I agree, because going to win is gonna win. Yeah, well, we'll give you the verdict tomorrow. Watch the Tillies tonight tomorrow