Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchman, This is the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey Pats, I'm really sorry. I don't want to correct you on air, but that isn't how you say. It's share, you know, like Sonny and share share everyone.
Speaker 4: It sounds odd if you want to share it appor.
Speaker 2: With the face and sure.
Speaker 5: My social media was flooded yesterday. Support colleagues who've been working with me for thirty years saying I'm right on the money there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's share, Sonny and share. That's sure, Share, It's sure Sonny and share?
Speaker 5: Not sure sure for share?
Speaker 4: Share Cheryl No, Cheryl share al Yeah, Cheryl.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's your accent.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's your accent.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll just go home back to bit.
Speaker 2: Is she Australian Then it's an Australian name. I've been she's an American Sea.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying maybe it's your accent.
Speaker 2: Sonny and think about say the double act she came from, you know, with her husband, Sonny and sure.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm so confused, Pats, when yesterday saying share and then we told you it was wrong, and then over nine on social media people said that Christian and I were wrong and that you were right, and now you've changed this and now exactly like something.
Speaker 5: My grain's about to explode.
Speaker 2: It is share. I'm so confused, Sonny and share abought bought.
Speaker 3: Now you say how your how you're going to set for No. One because you've changed in the last twenty four hours. Sure that's it, Share.
Speaker 2: All right? On this morning show that we have share tickets at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: We're not here tomorrow, but you can also win ticke as well. Go and see our farewell concerts on this Morning show. Then Eddie Maguire is live on the show. He really is going to be calling in this morning just after his part time show finishes about eight o'clock when he be knocks off over there, we're until ten o'clock, so Ddie will be calling us once his show.
Speaker 2: Is wrapped up.
Speaker 3: Sadly, he's got a hammy he's had to put out of our big fight we were going to have in Federation Square at nine o'clock, and of course, the loser leaving town forever, so it's postponed at the moment, maybe next year once he's had that reconstruction.
Speaker 4: I love them. There's a report of two people who contacted the radio station asking what time the fight is, and we're about.
Speaker 2: Before that. Then we got in born business today.
Speaker 3: This is our kind of show, counting down to this weekend's great Grand Final. I am super excited as someone has only been here a couple of months, starting a new life in this city. I am lucky enough thanks to an old boss. I'm going this weekend and I cannot wait. I don't even know what to expect because I've never People keep going to me, you've never experienced anything like it.
Speaker 2: Forget what you've experienced at soccer or ath at this.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere at a Grand Final don't even see a bit like a sports stadium.
Speaker 2: It's more like a colosseum, which is how it reminds me.
Speaker 3: If you go in there, it feels gladatorial and a game light This weekend, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've lived in this city since as a kid, and I've never been to a Grand Final.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's once an he's staring at me, staring at me.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a load of my wife.
Speaker 2: And when she goes, no, I don't mind you going out. You go out. I've never been out, but you go out. It's fine. You go in the Grand Final, Christian.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've only been here five minutes and our pommy's there. But don't worry about Jackie boy here born and bred in this great city.
Speaker 2: No, I've never been, but you go ahead. A great time, you enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I never been, but you have a great time. Coat wait to hear what it's like to go to a Grand Final.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: Hey Pats, what are you? What are they calling now? So we get a bit nearer to the Grand Final? What is the weather going to be? Because I was watching some online report yesterday and they were going the headline. It was like one of those clickbait things and it drew me and it was like a Grand Final twenty eighteen is gonna be the coldest one ever?
Speaker 2: I think, cool, okay, And then I watched the report. The guy was getting really excited because it's going to be as low as thirteen degrees. Yes to me, that's mild.
Speaker 5: Well it would be for a pum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's off again, so convention this morning to come on five months into the show on News this morning?
Speaker 5: Oh, how dare you call me that she's.
Speaker 2: Not strong enough? You know you need to take that back. So perhaps what's still weather?
Speaker 6: This is Saturday, chance of a shower and now a top of fourteen. Yesterday we were saying thirteen, but that's been updated to fourteen for the game.
Speaker 4: And do they know if it to go rain during the footy or.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We're going to get on the phone to the weather bureau though this morning and just check out.
Speaker 5: Also for the news.
Speaker 2: People say that come on Jack walking to her studio right now, hit a phone in there.
Speaker 5: I actually don't have a phone. Rachel is going to.
Speaker 2: Do it for me. It's Rachel.
Speaker 6: Rachel's out lovely mid morning news presenter sitting in the.
Speaker 2: News so posh.
Speaker 3: Now it's Notles. She won't put she wanted to get push the dun buttons on the phone.
Speaker 4: Good on the phone.
Speaker 5: There's no phone. I can't ring it on my air?
Speaker 2: Bring up? Why don't you ring up? Share? Share? Sure?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm definitely going home. I'm going out on strike.
Speaker 2: She's jumping on the phone, she's imaginary one of the friends.
Speaker 6: Then the I'll just get a banana or my shoe. No, we're going to call the bureau today and just see when that rain could fall over the g bit magnificent today, sunny twenty five, twenty five degrees to yeah for training for calling stunning day.
Speaker 3: Yes, so there was like nineteen twenty degrees beautiful yet I starting to get a glimpse of what it's going to be like during the summer.
Speaker 2: Here it was beautiful.
Speaker 4: And you get on the phone to the Collingwood Football Club, make sure that training is still going ahead, Pat, Oh, it'll go ahead.
Speaker 2: Rachel does all her course all right?
Speaker 5: Then, so she's just doing coffees.
Speaker 6: What do you want, Jack, I'm not getting one for a big head hon show.
Speaker 4: Here, lunch show.
Speaker 2: Come on, Brad, what are you try to exclude me to fight and conquer? Perhaps? Come on? Come on? Where's the love? I'm giving you nothing but love?
Speaker 5: What are we up to on the schedule? Where are we? What time is it?
Speaker 2: Six six in the alright?
Speaker 3: So Hamish McLoughlin is going to be in today and it's time to remind you all we've done over the last couple of months since Hamish McLachlin kind of adopted us and me on the show that he lets us to his feature calls the phrase that pays. We're bringing it back for the Grand Final. He's got a couple of hours to feel so he does need our help, your help with a random phrase to try and crow bar in.
Speaker 2: Let's play back the tape with some of the highs.
Speaker 7: And lows to Christian O'Connell breakfast show, the phrase that pays. Each week, Christian gets Hamis McLaughlin to say a phrase on the Channel seven football coverage, but does it pay?
Speaker 2: Flying monkeys?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 4: Do you think they are a chart?
Speaker 2: As soon as they flying monkeys?
Speaker 7: And phrase number two, Oh, Missus Miggins, that.
Speaker 2: Is actually I think it's impossible.
Speaker 9: He's been terrific, grinds, a bit of an unheralded hero. He's like, well, Missus Miggans in Blackadder.
Speaker 4: Is an important part of it all.
Speaker 2: Phrase three, Gandalf's Beard.
Speaker 9: It's writing that down on the list of ridiculous things to say during a broadcast.
Speaker 2: Gandalf's Beard.
Speaker 4: Nick Boston just heading home.
Speaker 9: Man, it's looking like he's trying to match a Gandalf's beard from Lord of the Rings. Playing unbelievable for you in a good football team?
Speaker 3: Phrase four? How can you have any putting if you don't eat your meat? I reckon, that's the easiest one we've given you.
Speaker 4: How would you do that? How would that be easy?
Speaker 9: Interesting you here Luke Beveridge talk about that's all about contested football and intensity. I mean, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? That he's basically saying is it's all about reward.
Speaker 2: Phrase five next weekend, you've got to work in four fried chickens and a coke.
Speaker 9: Seems pretty simple. I mean just a natural fit with football, isn't it. Whoever you speak to, they say he's been the ultimate professional. We have a sad on the couch, ordered four fried chickens and a coke and given up. He's always been commit to getting to where he's going to be tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Phrase six did anyone just hear a weasel?
Speaker 8: Did you want to make it easier or harder?
Speaker 10: Hard?
Speaker 4: So we'll be discussing how many weeks after for him.
Speaker 2: We'll see you.
Speaker 4: So you can just hear a weasel said, how did we kill any slash?
Speaker 2: A weasel? Then he picks it a frent top operation.
Speaker 7: Phrase seven, Baby shark, Do do, baby shark?
Speaker 4: But I think the increased pressure is to do it in song?
Speaker 2: What that is going to be complicated?
Speaker 4: Now you've got a couple of brothers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what's his favorite song? I know baby shark because my daughter's singing, how's it go by shot?
Speaker 2: Baby shok? Do do do? Baby shark?
Speaker 9: Do do do? Do?
Speaker 11: Baby shark?
Speaker 2: To do exactly?
Speaker 1: Phrase eight, So.
Speaker 2: The two phrases for this weekend. Hemus just going to get in this the twenty dollars I borrowed.
Speaker 4: I'll have it next tuesday. And then we had best of luck with your resignation. Today, Alex Johnson goes in for me Rico numbers. I think things can't get worse?
Speaker 2: Well, who do you find out? It's rooming with it?
Speaker 4: He's shore?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the chat with short I'll give it you next tuesday.
Speaker 2: You want to have a quady what do you want to do here?
Speaker 8: Just chat?
Speaker 2: Chat?
Speaker 9: Phrase nine rough he played under one coach, but six pms extraordinary.
Speaker 2: You need chance to be a PM.
Speaker 9: Coons, Well, I know nothing about politics, so the position should suit me well, then perfect. First of all, up with the resignation today and good luck with the campaign.
Speaker 2: It was everything you hoped. We need a brand new one. First of all, hats off to Hamous m'cloughin for doing all the great season I could got with.
Speaker 3: He did so many and he made them all somehow work, sometimes involving other AFL legends and commentators and former players as well.
Speaker 4: Sometimes during the game, sometimes in the warm up, sometimes in the post show. He hasn't done a finals one though, this will be exciting the final series.
Speaker 2: All right, So we need a random phrase. It's all we need from you.
Speaker 3: And if you're busy this morning thinking I can't come up with some kind of crazy random phrase, it might be something you see on the road. It might be seeing something you see in front of your face right now on your serial packet, as random as possible. The first one we're going to chuck up on the will of phrases for Hamish is have you ever touched a monkey?
Speaker 2: That is my donation. How have you ever touched a monkey? What do you want to give our weird of random phrases. Then for Hamish, we've gotlin to work into this Weekends Channel seven coverage of the Grand Final the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Gold one of four point three. Come on, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The other day I was telling about certain songs and when they play, my mind goes off to a kind of movie that I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm a detective two days in a row. This is one of them. The episode will be called Kellers Whisper? What are you doing in this?
Speaker 4: During this montage.
Speaker 3: Tracking someone I know is guilty because guilty feet have got no rhythm. And I spot this guy on the dance when I see he's dancing in a strange manner, so I know that he's guilty of something. The best of the episode then works backwards trying to prove what he's done. Oh, pulp fiction style. It's jumping all over the place of timeline. It's a nonlinear tiny I the episode Kellers Whisper for dj P I anyway eighteen minutes about six, come on, it's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: So we need your random phrases as random as.
Speaker 3: You want for us to put on our wheel, and then we spend them and Hamiss McLoughlin coming in later on s morns to look ahead to this weekend's all some Grand Final.
Speaker 2: He's taken it all and then we're given the good news of what phrase? Really we should give him more with them? I mean, how long is the coverage? What times it start Saturday?
Speaker 4: He honestly said, he's on the air about nine hours on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Great, we just have one an hour then, so we need nine random phrases. All right, then let's go to lines firstival. This morning we got Russell Welcome to the show. Russell g on a gang.
Speaker 10: My random phrase which I would love to see him try and put into a broadcast my dats and has a puncture.
Speaker 3: I could see him doing that, Russell, because then he could ask someone who he's doing a part of the commentary team, that they can give him a lift home after the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: This is the thought of Hamish McGlocklin in adapts it well girls leaving in his rolls Royce and haymoss is An adapts in Russell. That's a great one.
Speaker 3: Thanks mate, let's get a Dave on day. Dave just dropped out, in other words, just texted him. Matt's got this one phrase the plays for you, Who cut the cheese? The classic Who Cut the Cheese? So we're going to put that one on there up there with my dats and as a puncher. And have you ever touched a monkey? Which is my one that I'm donating as well. All right, send us your say sorry call him nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Evan, who's giving us the random phrases? Then for Hamris McGlocklin when he's in late on this morning to work into the coverage on Channel seven this Saturday, Christian, I've got random phrase. You keep your balls, We'll take your swimmers. It's some of a sectomy add for in a public toilet. That's some Jason, Jason, that's exactly what I'm looking for. You're a genius, mate. That's a great one. You keep your balls, we'll take your swimmers. Maybe after a really big challenge or tackle, you know, when the players are separated or something like that. By the umpire. You can Hamerson get that when you keep your balls, would take your swimmers, Jason, that's a great one. I'd like some ashcam footage of that. That's from Calvin.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these pretzels are making me thirsty. That's from Merchake. Another good one.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the lines. Good morning, I Mattada, Good morning Amanda. Welcome to the show. And what's your random phrase? Mate?
Speaker 8: My random phrase is like the hand sandwich in shares lunch bag.
Speaker 2: Wow, where does that come from?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just driving along in it. It's perfect. That's it. It's a guiding kind of divine intervention for you to give us that phrase. That's an I mean, you can't get it. We're not going to get any more random than that. That's perfect, Amanda. Thank you very much, mate. Enjoy the Grand Final this weekend. Oh I will, I'll be there, all right, I'll see you there. Jack can't make it, he's never been. Gina, Good morning, Gina. She's kind of there in spirit. Gina. No, we don't have to give up. We never leave a callner down. But we're gonna have to move on unfortunately too. Brad, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Brad. What's your random phrase for our wheel?
Speaker 12: We've got Jake, nipples and lips?
Speaker 2: Is that just your status update? Is this you you're talking about?
Speaker 8: Or uh yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Lee. Good morning, Thanks Brad, Good morning, Lee, Good morning. How are you all? I'm pretty good at you well this morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a beautiful day.
Speaker 3: Stunning, isn't it? Pat said it's going to get to twenty five? What's your random phrase for us?
Speaker 4: Lee?
Speaker 13: Have you lost the chickens up?
Speaker 2: Have you got?
Speaker 14: That's something I said to my husband every night and he's surprised and he's.
Speaker 2: Forgotten to do it. All right. I just thought it some sort of euphemism between you two. You know, do you want to see my chucks? A bit of a headache? Actually to look at my picker?
Speaker 1: That's all Breakfast Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm looking and like you've got my word? This is tough today.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we played a bit of the next big sensation in rock and roll, and that is Pats' amazing daughter, Audrey, the amazing Audrey and her brand new guitar, and she played a song for us yesterday.
Speaker 2: You had to guess what it was, and everyone got it. We've got no wrong answers. This one. She's pushed.
Speaker 3: She's really stretching her skill set now. This one is a tough one, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Pats, Yes, she nearly bust a boiler yesterday.
Speaker 2: How haven't listened to this? Then?
Speaker 3: See if you can guess the song? Audrey, take it away. We've just had a call from Gil McLoughlin. He's canceling black Eyed Pi. Audrey has now got the big Gay Grand Final this weekend. She's doing the entertainment.
Speaker 4: I would never Clay, I would never come Jack.
Speaker 2: All right, give us a call, see if you've got any ideas. Nine four one four one oh four three? What song is this? Audrey on her amazing guitar?
Speaker 5: Hey, come on, pd May I got it all afternoon?
Speaker 2: Do you recognize the song? Do you recognize any song? Nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 3: Three Give us a call. Name the song Autry is doing on the guitar nine one o four three. We go to Line's next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You gotta guess the song this morning? That little awry Pats is amazing daughter. She's getting into the guitar. She's gonna be the future of rock and roll. She's done another song for you. You got to guess what the song is. Spirit of Hendricks is alive and well in your little wonderful talk to Autry.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that powerful, raw, raw talent. It's a great.
Speaker 4: I just I just love the thought of somebody getting their card just as you start has happened to go.
Speaker 2: It's crippling triple j again, Ashley, good morning, good morning, god, there are you going well? Listen, Ashley? What do you think the song is?
Speaker 8: I think it might be Sweet Home Alabama boilin Skinners.
Speaker 3: Great song, it's not that though. Tough luck, Ashley, Thank you. I have a nice weekend.
Speaker 2: Peter, Peter, No, here we go. It's taking his time having a sip of his coffee. Here, speak to me when he's goddamn ready. All right, Peters on the show. And what do you think the song is? Pete?
Speaker 8: Well, I could be wrong, but Jill O wonderful?
Speaker 6: Why really?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know is going to be too happy about that?
Speaker 4: Ask for the whole thing again, because you just have the top of it again, not the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Two days gonna be maybe after we should have had a skin full of beer or something like that. It's not that Peter, Brendan, good morning, come guys, they're going pretty good. Brendan, have you well this morning? And Brendan, what's the song that Autry's doing?
Speaker 12: I believe it missus Robinson by Simon and Garf Uncle.
Speaker 2: Brendan. That's not the right answer, buddy, Thanks for colling again. Let's try one more. Let's go to Peter in mentone. Good morning, Good morning Peter in mentone. And what do you think it is? What's the song? Mate?
Speaker 8: I reckon it might be violent Films Blister in the Sun.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that song? Rish, Yeah, what's so funny?
Speaker 8: That sounds similar?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Peter, you are quite right. I'm sorry, Peter. Is not the right answer, No worries, all right, all right, Let's try one last guest this morning then, and it's going to be Billy boy.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Billy, Good morning, Christian and Crue. Happy Thursday, Thank you very much, and happy Thursday.
Speaker 2: Back to you buddy as well. Are you excited? You off tomorrow? You get ready for the Grand Final?
Speaker 10: Probably got a bit to do in the morning, but hopefully I can take the rest of the day off. It's my wife's birthday on Saturday as well, so it should be a huge shake, all right.
Speaker 2: And what do you do? What are you going to be doing?
Speaker 3: You've got mates coming around, you're watching it together, You're having a barbecue.
Speaker 2: What do you do do?
Speaker 10: Have a barbecue, couple of couple of drinks. You know it's going to be pretty chilled.
Speaker 2: And who are you going to be cheering on? You churn on the pies or ah.
Speaker 10: Coming it and then support them and all the things are out this year, but we've got to go to vig So yeah, I hate to say it, but we got it.
Speaker 4: It's a true billy. I feel the same way we got to grit our teeth. We get what we learned as children to hate Colling.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's it, that's the one, all right.
Speaker 2: So what do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 10: Little audry Stone stepped it up this morning. I think it's a bit of mark that's not a bit of Diesel doing right on the tongue.
Speaker 2: Belly it is that.
Speaker 6: I don't know how honestly, I thought it was obvious.
Speaker 2: Really, belly, that is incredible how did you spot that?
Speaker 10: I'm a guitarist, pretty pretty big famous her and I was only playing that song yesterday. It sanded almost on anythol.
Speaker 3: This is all you're doing again, this time doing some words from it as well, putting it all together and it all starts to make sense.
Speaker 2: It's nice to hear its song in Korean as well. It's the first Yeah, take it away, Ordre a you sensation I love.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it, Billy, if I didn't work on this show, I know you're a real call out.
Speaker 2: You're a player, Betty. That's a great one. Have a great weekend. Thanks for cooling mate.
Speaker 1: You two guys by the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Busy show today coming up next, we're interest and talking to you. If not everyone is off this weekend for the big Grand Final, there's still be a lot of people.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 3: It's everyone says it's gonna be dead. It's gonna be dead in town today, be dead tomorrow and then Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's all about the game. But still be people who are at work.
Speaker 4: I mean, the city's gonna keep rolling on working.
Speaker 3: In hospitals, and paramedics and emergency services, and there are loads of people who's still at work trying somehow to get across the game and watch the game. So I want to hear about those lates on this morning nine four one four one o four three. How are you gonna be watching the game if you work in this weekend or you've had to work before.
Speaker 2: I guess as well. Do people get married and like suddenly the Pies are in the final? What happens then?
Speaker 4: I would hate to be inviolent to a wedding.
Speaker 3: I've been a wedding before when it was like in soccer it's all about the big a FA Cup final, and it's been there in a separate room and the brides parents they all hate it because all the men are in the other room and you're not that connected to the wedding.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh lovely love getting phones up and bets on and stuff like that. It really does change your wedding. It's not good.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I was talking to a comedy promoter who looks after Jim Jeffries and has done for last ten years. Right don Chatter's guy. You know he's helped me out. Give me some advice about the Melbourne Comedy Festival next year. And it was also how Jim was and I was talking about his Comedy Central show, which you've ever seen it, it's really really good, very funny, and we were talking about a celebrity, a big a lister that's been involved and done some funny, interesting little bits on that show.
Speaker 4: Are we not allowed to know?
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it because I have no clearance for that bit. If you google around it you'll be to find out. But at least you didn't hear it for me. So anyway, this big a lister, I mean a really big movie actor, a lister, his people ring Jim's people and say, you know, so and so is a big fan of Jim Jeffries. I mentioned in doing something on the show, and so Jim says, look, send him a couple of my specials. I don't think he's going to like it, and the conversation will end there. They send this person a load of Jim specials, which are you know, if you've never seen Jim Jeffries before, it might not be for everyone.
Speaker 2: That's what's great about Jim.
Speaker 3: And then they get a cool a couple days later, No he loves some even more, he's really up for doing stuff, and he'd.
Speaker 2: Liked to take Jim out for lunch. This goes back to Jim, who's really excited. Oh my, this is amazing. Even nothing happens. I'm going out to lunch with this guy, a Hollywood A lister. Turns out that lunch wasn't any normal lunch. Get this.
Speaker 3: This guy is so famous. You know, sometimes we look at superstars, very good looking Hollywood actors, You think, would it be amazing to have that life. Jim goes to lunch with this Hollywood A lister. Right, it's not in a restaurant. This guy owns a warehouse with a kitted out kitchen and restaurant in it, with staff.
Speaker 4: He never has to eat in public.
Speaker 2: He has meetings. You'll go for lunch. You'll drive into a warehouse, door shut behind you, and then you sit at a table in a fake restaurant in a warehouse. That is, it's got like a kitchen built out there, like top chefs there from Nobu and stuff like that. When he's not meeting people and having lunches, the lights are all turned off. But it's an actual warehouse. You drive into the doors shut behind me, so.
Speaker 4: There's always empty. Then there would be no other patron, no spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's just you're in a warehouse having a lunch, and he sat opposite a very very famous Hollywood actor and he's like, as if this is absolutely fine. This is how he has has his lunch. Isn't that nuts be?
Speaker 4: He had to be blindfolded and then spun around five times as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So ten thirty this morning.
Speaker 3: I read this morning that Black Eyed Peace Jimmy Barnes are doing the sound checks at the g to make sure it's organ sound great Saturday.
Speaker 2: In my mind, I really hope that.
Speaker 3: Actually, because Fergie's not with the Black Eyed Peas anymore, they drafted Jimmy Barns for a couple of songs. I'd like to hear Barnsey yelling with the Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 4: And then do you think it would be nice for the Black Eyed Peas to do some Cold Chizzle.
Speaker 2: Song Cold Chizel When I Am covers Cold Chisel, that would be amazed.
Speaker 3: Working class boy done by when I Am, that'd be amazing. Perhaps you you lucky enough to have been to a Grand Final as well.
Speaker 6: Yes, in the early two thousands, Colin, would they all it might have been Brisbane, Yes, and they lost.
Speaker 5: There was a controversial goal and they lost. It was awesome. The atmosphere was really electric.
Speaker 4: Memorable day. If you can't remember who played.
Speaker 5: No, but it was no, it really was.
Speaker 6: The spectacle was incredible. The chopper came right over at the top of our head and that what used to be the Great Southern Stand. Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: And what was in the chopper then?
Speaker 5: That was the Premiership Cup?
Speaker 2: Oh I see they chop it in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they chop it it inland landed on the goal square or you know, upseiled down or whatever they do.
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, it's fabulous, credible.
Speaker 2: So will I see that this Saturday night.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they've got planned. They'll have something because.
Speaker 2: These days maybe budgets, so it might be just an uber or something like that.
Speaker 4: This technology these days, we'll just be a drone.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right?
Speaker 3: So this morning we want to know on nine four one oh four three are you working this weekend Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 2: What are you going to try and do to see the game.
Speaker 3: How have you had to work before the last couple of years when the Grand Final has been on, and how to try to watch the game. And I really want to know if people have ever been to a wedding where the Grand Final has been shown at the center. Because the pie is even making it this weekend, that's completely unexpected. There are people who've arranged other stuff. They just thought, well, we're not going to make it. It's not our season, it's not going to happen. And now your team is in the Grand Final, but you'll have stuff booked in that you can't just change.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Are you working this weekend while the Grand fire if you had to do this before. My mum used to be a nurse for over forty years and every two years you had to work on Christmas Day. People forget about all the people that still have to work when we are enjoying ourselves have a good time. So there must have people who are working this weekend when the big Grand Finals on the last couple of years and we will have weddings and suddenly their team is in Like the pious this weekend.
Speaker 2: No one would have predicted that. Wayne.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Hey Christin, How are you right?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good? Somebody you're working Saturday?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm working Saturday and I've got a wedding to follow.
Speaker 2: What so what are you doing? What are you going to be doing whilst we're all watching the Grand Final?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well I've got nursing in the morning and then flash home, get dressed and head off to a wedding in the afternoon.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's my day.
Speaker 2: And so how are you going to be watching the game whilst the wedding's on? Because I take it to me during the reception it'll be it.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a light wedding, so it's gonna be in the church. I'm going to be sitting up the back with me. I'd phone and me you plugged watching the game. So if I end up screaming in the as I opposed to the wedding, it's just because what's going to be doing.
Speaker 3: What I think the best and worst time for you to leap to your feet if Pies get a goal is suddenly when they go it's anyone got.
Speaker 2: Any objections here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Everyone looks around. Does it ever happen? At a wedding or just in a movie. You know you Wayne at the bat there leaping it.
Speaker 10: Will be at the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I might get my wife to film.
Speaker 9: It for you.
Speaker 4: Wayne. Is there a part of you that resents the couple for booking their wedding on this day?
Speaker 2: Well decided says it. You don't need to say anymore, Wayne.
Speaker 8: I just want to sit at home and have a few bruise to watch the game.
Speaker 10: And I've got the blood.
Speaker 2: We listen, go pies. You enjoy the game? How you get the winner as well?
Speaker 10: Thanks Christ?
Speaker 2: Thanks mate, Allison. Good morning, good morning, Good morning Alison. Thanks for calling the show. So what's your story for us about the Grand Final?
Speaker 14: Oh well, my husband was a mad footballer and cricketer and he said to me when we get married, we have to get married the weekend between seasons. So it was back in nineteen ninety four and offering him okay, the first of October is first, see the first weekend, ously said, yet book a book, ats, I book the church book. At reception there was a draw that year. It was nineteen ninety four. So on our Wednesday, Geelong and West Coast e was played. My bridesmaid was a made long support. I lived in Jeelong, went every game. Was I'm very happy that she couldn't go to the game. During the service, the priests came out and gave the scores as they were all mad, the long supporters in the church with their headphones on listening to the game, and they couldn't wait for the.
Speaker 2: Yeah all on your special day.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah. I didn't follow either of the teams. I'm a cart and supporter, poor me. But it was so funny. It was a good day. It made for a good day and good reception. And Gewelong lost anyway, so it was okay my cousin forgave me right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Allison, A nice story, mate, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 14: We have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. Hey you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good captain. I have you well this morning as well.
Speaker 13: What's your story for us, mate, Well, my husband felt that there was absolutely no chance that Collingwood was going to be in the Grand Final, so he booked us a holiday.
Speaker 2: No way, So what you're doing? Where are you going?
Speaker 13: I will be scouring the main streets of Honolulu trying to find a sports bar that he's playing the Grand Final.
Speaker 4: To be fair, I mean Collingwood finished thirteenth on the ladder last year. No one expected him to play a Grand Final.
Speaker 2: So what that scene has done and Bucklery've done with him is incredible.
Speaker 13: Well, look, with Mason Cox, at least we might have half a chance or a very slight chance that somebody might be remotely interested in what's happening in Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good angle.
Speaker 3: But have you had all you have been googling that sports bars because he've got loads of sports bars.
Speaker 2: But well, his.
Speaker 13: Mission should he choose to accept it and live to fly somewhere.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot riding on getting nervous to your husband here.
Speaker 4: Hope you're finding.
Speaker 13: Somewhere, Christian Moles, divorce is not an option. It will be to bury the body.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: If there's anyone listening to us right now in Honolulu, on those of a sports by in Honolulu, that should show the AFL it's a big ass, all right, Kathy enjoying Honolulu in the game.
Speaker 12: Thanks by all right, Good morning, Carl, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are pretty good? Carl? I hope you were this morning? What's your story for us?
Speaker 10: Mate?
Speaker 12: I actually ran a printing company, so we'll be working all weekends because we've got some big jobs we've got to get done. So we'll have a TV set up in the factory so that the guys who are interested in watching footy.
Speaker 3: And do you think you get any work done whatsoever? Do you think any printing is going to be done? Oh, there's a problem with the machines again.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Carl. Sorry, I think they'll be saying that the machines have all broken down.
Speaker 12: Ah yeah, I'm not sure that there'll be technical glitches all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because printers are loud, especially those industrial printers so loud. I just felt like turn half.
Speaker 2: Watch the game.
Speaker 12: That's why we've got some pretty good speakers there as well, which we have views in the past. So that'll that'll keep the guys all right.
Speaker 2: Good only, Carl, I hope you get to enjoy the game.
Speaker 12: And also, while I've got you dead, I actually got married on Grand Final day.
Speaker 2: I might you're you're a man to avoid, aren't you. I'll be working with you or celebrating your wedding. So and was it your team playing?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: Well, either luckily or un luckily, my team lost the prelim the week before, but we had the the ceremonies ready to start at the end of the game, so we actually sort of arrange the wedding around the Sure Grand Final.
Speaker 3: That's great, all right, thank you very much, you Colma, have a good weekend. I'm sure you're working.
Speaker 7: Did Christian O'Connell break the shows?
Speaker 2: Ten weeks of tickets?
Speaker 7: Every morning at sep thirty am you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows.
Speaker 2: In town week three and ten weeks and tickets and it's all about Shaw. You can go and see our farewell concerts here in Melbourne every day this week we've been frying your brain with the Jackpost Human juke Box two songs at the same time. You've got to work out what the two songs are lyrics from one to the two of a completely different song. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 15: I'll take it fach world, you hang me out to dra.
Speaker 4: Put up can see you every.
Speaker 2: Nice free at dude, nice play hard to do that well, don't Jack? All right? Give us a call nine four one four one oh four to three. You can see Shares farewell Melbourne performances. There is a new show on Saturday, October the sixth at the Rod Laver Arena. Tickets are now available Live Nation dot com dot Au.
Speaker 1: Good luck The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: But that was scary.
Speaker 3: Patches burst into the studio and threatened me with a thing that no one has ever threatened to do before, to actually punch me.
Speaker 7: There, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows.
Speaker 2: Ten weeks of tickets. Every morning it's s thirty am.
Speaker 7: You'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town.
Speaker 3: All right, week three on ten weeks of tickets. Over the next couple of weeks. We've got some amazing tickets.
Speaker 2: Next week William Shatner Live, that's right, Captain James T. Kirk Live Stories Singing. Then we've got more Phield Collins tickets, VIP Phil Collins tickets.
Speaker 4: Are we going back to film? Are we going to do?
Speaker 2: How many upgrading? Are the Philimeters coming back in two weeks time?
Speaker 3: Then we got bon Jovie tickets, we got VIP red Hot Summer tickets, Maroon five. Kevin Hart, who is the world's biggest comedian right now, he's good.
Speaker 4: Earlier in the week he said it'd be fair. They could be no bigger.
Speaker 2: This band would go Maroon five, schmroon crive way bigger.
Speaker 3: They invented big, they own big. It's not mister big by the way, but it is. It is amazing.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say mister biggest, bigger than Maroon five, No.
Speaker 2: Mister Bigwood.
Speaker 3: All right then, so we're this week tron win way to show took us? It is Jack Post to human jew Box. You gotta work out what the two songs are. He's, you know, at the same time he's singing the lyrics to one whilst also playing the theme tune.
Speaker 2: Or melody to another one. This one is a tough one.
Speaker 15: I'll take each one. You hang me out to dress.
Speaker 9: Up?
Speaker 4: Can see you every nice.
Speaker 2: Free a dude? Heartbreaking songs you were doing this week? Piano man the other day Edward, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning on.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Eddie, pretty good.
Speaker 13: Living the dream?
Speaker 2: Good man me too, makee me too, mate, Eddie. What's the answer? What do you think it is?
Speaker 8: I think it might be hey, Jude the Paul McCartney to the music of Eric Clapton Tears in Heaven.
Speaker 2: Foy is so close in fifty send of the way there and Eddie, I'd love you to get it is wrong, Matt, good morning, Hey Matt, are you there? Matt? You there?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Oh good stuff, me too, Matt. Think the song is mate?
Speaker 16: I think it's Nirvana about a girl and Eric Clepton tears in heaven.
Speaker 2: Boom, very very good, Matt.
Speaker 10: In the tickets for you probably give them to the wives bit.
Speaker 2: We're getting a lot of that this week. We're got guys and go no, no no. I think it's just going to be women there at the gig. Matt.
Speaker 4: It is a double pass, so why not end up going anyway?
Speaker 2: Of course, he already loves the shoot to a friend.
Speaker 10: I'll be right, I think all right.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning we have our last bird tickets.
Speaker 3: Go and see Share live and we'll be giving them away this time on Facebook and our Facebook page. You can find us o CE one O four three. Head on to Facebook. You can also see how the grains got on last weekend in our Grand Final as well. So tomorrow morning, seventh another pair of tickets up for grabs. You don't have to try and get through on the phones. Just jump onto Facebook OC one four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We live in the world these days where wisdom is in short supply. Luckily, on this breakfast show we have the wise Buddha of breakfast Radio. Every morning he comes down from his mountaintop and he just chucks out. He just chucks it out, sprinkles it magic does for us all to listen to and take in his name. His Earth name is Jack Post.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And there's a young boy back in England, sixteen year old boy called Samster who literally pen and paper, listens to the podcast pause, rewind, pause, rewind back into left, back into left, write and all this down like Zapruder footage, but for future generations. He records this wisdom and he makes it into a top ten. He really is a kid. He's a sixteen year old Samsu.
Speaker 3: You can find him on on Twitter and a load of you are always saying how much you love this feature, which is very good of you. But he sends it to me every week, normally on the Thursday night. We've read it on a Friday, obviously we're not here tomorrow, Hello oc here It.
Speaker 2: Is then the eighth Jack Post? Did he really say that? From me?
Speaker 3: The Samstar where each week the young wise Jackpost sits deep under a tree and sleeps and ponders all of my's biggest problems this week, these include a great selection of aliens, Magpies and dart Vader. It is time, my friends, to count down the top ten. Good Baba the Samster jack Posts? Did he really say that?
Speaker 4: I'm wired? Because it's only been a four day week.
Speaker 2: It's a bumper one. It's one of my favorites. There's a covering here.
Speaker 3: When I was reading them this morning, they're going, that's very wise. At ten, not this one though, that's the alien enclosure. The Handless say they have some great aliens this year. What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: I think the Melbourne show.
Speaker 2: At nine that would say why the Magpies haven't a taxi Christian because they remember you from England.
Speaker 4: After the back of Pat's telling us the Maggis recognized face.
Speaker 3: At eights, the music stopped, the fund's gone out of the game.
Speaker 2: It's a bronze.
Speaker 3: At seven, what's your favorite famous recorder player? This is a nice breaker this weekend. If you've got some friends around you know. At six one of my favorites. I know this much, Christian. There are some really really super super strong blues around.
Speaker 4: There are at.
Speaker 3: Five he sounds like Darth Vader going through a Darth Vader machine.
Speaker 2: In the Big four. The hierarchy for you is Magpie is at the top, then humans underneath this because I was talking about how superstitioned I'm if I see one Magpie, always salute and go hello, mister Magpie.
Speaker 4: That's where you did it, Eddie?
Speaker 3: Now, yes, at three, That's why I'm worried that there are so many grands kicking it. I've got to keep concentration for such a long time. Went the Grand Final at two. Are we going to stand around and do all the metal presentations are sound?
Speaker 2: Or do you just get a bucket dumb the medals in and say help your south grand.
Speaker 4: And did we end up doing them all out?
Speaker 5: You were having a message. Yeah, well, Christian did all the high I.
Speaker 4: Know Christian did the like present of the top eight to the top eight grannies, But how do we give.
Speaker 2: All all the rest of the mouth of bucket.
Speaker 3: I've definitely never lacked anyone to my knowledge that was at number one this week. Thank you very much, Sam Star. Okay, so after eight then we've got a great isolated vocal track. We go back to one of the first artists ever and it is worth it. It is a real stop the clocks moment. You will, you will, you will turn the radio up and it will make you feel something. The isolated track today, one of the greatest singers ever also got one of the greatest broadcasters ever, Hamish for clocklins in with a special phrase that pays the last one of this season. It's all about the Grand Final this weekend. What random phrase are you going to get him to say? Some of the highlights that people have donated at the moment. These are random phrases that Hamishel Gocklin will get into the Channel seven coverage this weekend.
Speaker 4: From Amanda like the ham sandwich insures lunch bag. That is not a euphemism or anything. That's just something she came up with. Jason, you keep the balls, we take your swimmers, and Christian I actually like I want yours to be available for selection this week. Usually you throw yours out, But have you ever touched a monkey? I really like that?
Speaker 2: So what's he going to say?
Speaker 3: You know, that's one of the other sort of commentators or former AFL legends that are there for this huge game commentary.
Speaker 2: Have you ever touched a monkey? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or it's his sound with one of the coaches.
Speaker 2: Guess Actually think about it.
Speaker 3: You've got hours and hours to build U whe there will be a bit of downtime and need to get it's a nice icebreaker, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, then give us your random phrases for the Will nine.
Speaker 1: One four three the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So every Thursday on the show, I'd like to you something called our isolated vocal. If you go on YouTube and lots of you who started doing this since we've been doing this every Thursday of the last couple of weeks, I love getting your emails. Ones that you discover when you go and do one of those Dan and rabbit Hole on YouTube. You go down to have a look at someone. An hour and a half later, you spent a western a load of time. But it's not when you go and see these isolated tracks. They're from the original recording session and they've been leaked online and I thank god they have the one we're about to play is actually Freddie Mercury. When I first did this, Neil we did it him and David Bowie under pressure, yep, and it was amazing. The only reason that these exist now, that you can get these Queen isolated tracks is because when they started to do the musical We Will Rock You years ago, it's very hard for these singers to learn just from the songs, so they had to go back to the vaults and actually get out the original master tracks.
Speaker 2: They've never been shared before.
Speaker 4: So who do they go to the studio?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go to the studios and the people that hold the publishing rights, and then they literally had to sign all the cast members had to sign these big contracts that they wouldn't share them. But somehow it got leaked and the world is better for it as well. When you hear this from Freddie doing Bohemian Rapsley, I can't wait for this Bohemian Rhapsody movie there. Last week they just released the second trailer. It's even better than the first. It gets me so excited. There are very few you can come on one hand, really great.
Speaker 2: Movies that are Rott biopics. What the lines are going on?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 3: A couple of other ones, but hopefully this Bhemi Raps and we are looking to do an exclusive early screening of it as well, so if you found you can come and see it with us as well. But anyway, this week's isolated vocal then is one of the greatest things there are.
Speaker 2: Freddie Mercury Bahemi raps It. We just played it. You hear it's an amazing song.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's operatic, all the production at the singing on it and the rest of the band as well. But when you just isolate and strip it back and here Freddie, you hear the power in his voice. You hear the controlling his voice that falsetto and it actually feels like I was listening to it the other day.
Speaker 2: My headphones actually knows that you can hear him breathing in your ear. It's so up close and personal.
Speaker 3: Have a listened to this and appreciate again the greatness of Freddie Mercury, this week's isolated vocal.
Speaker 15: Mama, she just killed him.
Speaker 11: Man put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger.
Speaker 2: Now he's dead.
Speaker 4: Mama, life just be good.
Speaker 2: But now I've gone and thrown it on.
Speaker 11: Mama, didn't mean to make you cry if I'm not back again this time Surmara, carry on, carry on is if nothing really matters?
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing? Wow? I got goosebumps. Listen to that.
Speaker 3: It really makes you feel something so well that's isolated voc because you can find them on YouTube.
Speaker 2: There's some amazing ones.
Speaker 3: If you haven't looked around there and you think you've got one that you'd love to hear on the show, please email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So before we speak to our friend, it's kind of like our sponsor as well, asn't he when he's kind of adopted this show the last couple of months since I rocked up in mail. Let's just go back some of our favorite phrase that pays. This is where we keep Hamous McLaughlin. I still can't believe he's up for this. We give him a random phrase and here's a gamer he will work it into the commentary of the coverage on Channel seven.
Speaker 2: Here are some of the highlights over the last couple of months to.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: The phrase that pays.
Speaker 7: Each week, Christian gets Hamous McLaughlin to say a phrase on the Channel seven football coverage that does it pay?
Speaker 2: Flying monkeys?
Speaker 10: God?
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: Flying do you think there are a.
Speaker 2: Chance as soon as they flying monkeys? And oh, Missus Niggins, that is actually I think it just impossible.
Speaker 4: He's been terrific, grinds, a bit of an unheralded hero.
Speaker 9: He's like all missus Miggans and blackadderies.
Speaker 2: An important part of it all.
Speaker 3: How can you have any putting if you don't eat your meat? I reckon, that's the easiest one we've given you.
Speaker 9: Hell, how would you do it? How would that be easy? Interesting you here, Luke Beverbridge to talk about? Now it's all about contested football and intensity. I mean, how can you have any pudding if you don't you make What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for efforts.
Speaker 2: Did anyone just hear a weasel?
Speaker 9: Did you want to make it easier or harder?
Speaker 1: Hard?
Speaker 9: So we'll be discussing how many weeks after for him we'll see your saying you know, just.
Speaker 2: Hear a weasel?
Speaker 4: Could send like Adam Finney slash a weasel?
Speaker 2: Any pigs at a ferry top operation fair play that he's done this. Hey, miss mcdarklin, welcome back to the show, buddy.
Speaker 8: Nice thing about Chris and Jack the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, so are you excited about the Grand Final? What have you heard? What's the gossip so far?
Speaker 8: Well, we spoke about this earlier in the week. I mean it is two hours that completely changes. Then a couple of players yesterday, one had played in three Grand finals and never won, and one had played one to three and where there's joy, miseries far away, and there's agony and the exoduses. But basically, as a football, you satisfying you've lived out your draham min if you lose, you keep on searching. So it's just a game. But for those that are playing, it is a life changing two hours. Lots of stories in Christ and I know you love sports for the story, so it's going to be another great two years of drama. And it's unscripted and for all the analysis, all scrutinizing, we have no idea what's going to play out on the weekend. So it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: And how do you see it going? What's your already prediction?
Speaker 8: I'm an emotional goal. I really want Bucks, after twenty three years of his life, to do what he's been trying to do, and that's about coming with the best team.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 8: And he's forty six, so literally half his life he's been trying to do that. Fourteen years as a player too, as an assistant. He had to win with Nick Morthhouse as an assistant, but never on his own terms. Number one man lost a couple of grand fallows. I'd love him to do it, and we spoke of his last week, Travaca who lost his sister in August, and Adam Treloy is not supposed to play again this Hanswering and Tyson Goltzet whose knee blew out, and Jeremy how he lost his mother and Mason Cox who's completely foreign to the game but playing as if he was born with a Sharon. His com I mean, he's asking for extensions on his assignment. Thing is sort of crazy and often barrack for Collingwood. But I am this weekend. I think they'll win. I think the UCG is huge. M closed to be the West Coast in the West in week one of the finals. I think it's going to be cold and wet and Darling and Kennedy. Who are the two guns for those monster forwards. Yeah, No, I don't think cold and wet suits big forwards. So Nick Leevet yesterday I was a lund sat he woke up in two thousand and nine it was going to be cold and where he opened the windows and there were sideways win coming and he said not today. He is one of those power forwards. So I'm emotionally invested with Bucks because I really like him. I would love Collingwood to be the West Coast Eagles, and I hope that that happens. But as I proved to you last week.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what them Well, it's sport, it's life. I anything, it's happened.
Speaker 3: Listenamous says, what we've got a bit of this line is breaking up and we love chant to you. Let me just clear a few ads while we try and sort this line out. Stay there, buddy, We want to get better connection to you who can really hear what you're saying, because it's important the.
Speaker 1: Christian who conn will Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're back with Haymish mcgloch doing this morning. Hey, mush Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 8: Mate, Sorry about that. Hopefully this is a bit better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's better. Sorry, mate, It's just that we we already want to speak to you. We're all getting excited about the Grand Final and how.
Speaker 2: Does it work for you? Then, because it's a long, long day broadcast, is it? All? The coverage starts at what time? On Channel seven?
Speaker 8: We kick off at nine. We do the first show from nine to eleven, which is a bit of a look back at the season. Then the Saturday Night team takes over to twelve thirty. The night jump on with a preview for a couple of hours twelve thirty to two thirty with Lee Matthews and Jimmy Bartel, and then I go down on the ground and my most nervous times of the year are handsack day when you're in the middle of the ground conducting and getting the national anthem ready, and we do all the on ground stuff, and then Bruce and BT call the game with Wayne Kerry and Cameron Ling and Richie and days. And then at the end of the game we do all the on grand interviews in the presentation. So we're one from nine to six in the postmatch concert with Jimmy Barnes. I think runs till about eight, So it's a wow. Fair Merrall's done on the production team at seven. I know that there's always criticism of commentary and broadcast, but the amount of work that goes in the amount of people it is phenomenal And that's the privilege part of Sev and I do a really really good.
Speaker 2: Job and about it the other day that actually doing the national anthem this year is Barns's daughter and in the documentary she's in there, she sings with him.
Speaker 4: She's got beautiful the Brownlow on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Yep, So she's doing the national anthem, which would be incredible for can you Remembergine.
Speaker 8: How nerve racking that would be? I heard you playing Freddie Murphy before and you know you had great Actually would be extraordinary.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 2: I get it kills Cogis, people going how much money can't lie? Okay, how much now he's dead?
Speaker 13: Girl?
Speaker 8: Course, how nerve racking it would be because there maybe about four million people watching her sing the anthem and then tens of millions are in the world. You want to get it right, dan'ge. I mean it's live, live, live this one moment. All the planers are sitting there waiting to do their thing, and it's all it's a big day for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: All right, So it's a big day for you, and we need a big phrase as well. So we've been taking suggestions for a rand. That's the spirit.
Speaker 2: Last one for the year.
Speaker 4: Hang, come on, give it everything?
Speaker 2: Well, what goes?
Speaker 8: Because I'm on the air for about eight hours, I'm happy to do a couple, but I just don't three.
Speaker 2: Are you really up for three? One? Or two?
Speaker 10: Or three?
Speaker 2: Three? I heard three on this road line. I heard three?
Speaker 8: Do you hear three?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is okay. They spend the world three times for everyone's suggestions. This one that you've been calling in with three?
Speaker 4: All right? The first line is from Amanda.
Speaker 8: It sounds good.
Speaker 4: It is like the ham sandwich insures lunch bag.
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 8: Where's that from?
Speaker 2: So we asked people to be totally random this morning. Yeah, Amanda said, just came to in convision, so she had to share it with us, and now you can share it with the world on Saturday off broadcast. After that, Oh is that they cut the cheese child?
Speaker 4: I didn't even want to put this up.
Speaker 2: Spin again. We can't get him to do that childish stuff.
Speaker 4: Something can get on Fox not here, Yeah, exactly, all right, this is from Jason. You keep the balls, we take your swimmers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's yeah, great, Next, last one.
Speaker 3: All right, Third and final phraser Pace hamis McLachlin to get in this weekend.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's own. Have you ever touched a monkey?
Speaker 2: Look forward? There you go, he loves it.
Speaker 8: Do you think any of those makes sense in any context at any stage of a football broadcast?
Speaker 2: Yes, easily put in. Put it in.
Speaker 8: You're a masters. Give me how you would put it on?
Speaker 2: Okay, a serving suggestion for your Hamius. Suddenly you know you're there on the big day. All right? Have you ever touched a monkey?
Speaker 3: A little bit of chit chat with some of the some of the we've got with you in the commentary box, and you go, guys, this is so exciting minds of the time that I touched the monkey at the zoo and eight guys, Have you ever touched a monkey?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's almost too easy, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 8: A really before is the greatest guy in the history of the game. He's angry. He's brutal, and I asked him if he's ever touched a monkey.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it, you didn't say.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you used him, as you've been wanting to add to this for a long time.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I expect a phone call in the evening. You're thanking me for this because it's a great icebreaker, because if he has touched a monkey, he'd have a great story about it.
Speaker 8: I can ask. I can just imagine the phoneal it late in the day. Mister Stokes, who effectively owns General sim famous. It is true that you mean today when he's ever touched monkey.
Speaker 3: Listen, this will get you a LOGI next year, if we get Grantenny, you'll get it because of the monkey question.
Speaker 8: I'll be surprised if that happens. I'm happy to give the chat.
Speaker 2: I'll see you down their Saturday mate. Thanks Hamish, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun, all right, take care the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So do you ever year for the Grand Final? You've got like rituals of what your day involves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I play a match every Grand Final day morning.
Speaker 2: I bet that's great from what the same buddy.
Speaker 4: Same guys. Yeah, so it's been going even before my time. My cousins and their friends would play, and now we have adopted the match. But it's a full eighteen on eighteen twenty minute quarters. Oh wow, full thing.
Speaker 2: And you already do play a full game, full game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nobody it's not with any None of us are footballer. It's like not even suburban footballers or anything.
Speaker 2: How how the team's been organized them.
Speaker 4: It gets just organized on the day the right random picks. Separate, yeah, separate color everyone, where's their tops of the teams they barack for? And then you sort of separate into darks and lives and.
Speaker 2: How how hard are you going in for contestants and you know and challenges and stuff like that and marks and.
Speaker 4: Me personally or people on the day.
Speaker 2: All right, two questions you personally.
Speaker 4: So it's full contact. People will play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyone ever got an injured because you're not men alight afterwhiles, especially our strangers so competitive.
Speaker 4: You played to win, definitely, like there's been dislocated shoulders.
Speaker 2: You're insane. I thought you just played like touch sort of footy, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, It's real I'm this year going to stay outside the packages. You know, I got that pinch in my back.
Speaker 2: Straw I better.
Speaker 4: Usually I go in and under, but this week I'll stay you know, maybe deep in the forward line of the.
Speaker 5: Carring the oranges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the snacks or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw the Grand Final. The only person to see medical treatment was Jack Post. So have you got someone who.
Speaker 2: Actually pretty half decent?
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah, definitely, I suppose you.
Speaker 3: And then what happens? Then you play the game? And then what your barbecue? Where will you be watching the game?
Speaker 11: What do you do?
Speaker 4: And then always a barbecue? So it's sort of rotates amongst friends, and this week it's Richard rich Thanks for hosting this week.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Richard for Jack to give you a random sap. Shout out the rest of us. No idea that bloody Richard is. But good on, You're great.
Speaker 4: I honestly can't wait for Saturday. Grandfa is my favorite day of the year.
Speaker 2: And then why will you watch the actual game? You go on a TV? Do you drag the TV outside?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He drags his TV outside so it'll be under it. It's in his garage. And then everyone packs in there.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. What a you going to be doing pasts because you're out in the countryside TV?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you get if you leave today, will you get home by the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very funny boys.
Speaker 3: Flight today out a local amateur dramatic school come around reinactive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Along with the Civil War, that's what we do. We'll we'll be watching it at home.
Speaker 2: And I think you've got on black and white. What is it you know, big old Ariels.
Speaker 5: Chris projected TV.
Speaker 2: Actually, I've seen the movie The dis should be trying to fight here. That's us. That's us.
Speaker 5: We'll be having a barbecue. We always have a barbie.
Speaker 4: Yep, thanks for the invite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lovely, I can't get that, but thanks anyway, Pats, that's got all good quickly.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've just realized now why you demanded this radio station, by you, by you a brand new pair of footy boots telling us, and I thought, oh that's fair enough. And Danny's taking this seriously that if you're doing all the measuring of the grannies last week, running up and down, you know the kennel. You know on the Pound and the Oval there you're going to need good grip, okay, kind of you slipping around and missing it.
Speaker 3: You never wore them on the door. Just all I saw is trainers. I was getting annoyed because they were like Nike ones that cost money.
Speaker 4: You'll you'll have to remember early last week before the Grand Final, we thought it was going to be a washer. We thought about there was no mention. That's when I when I asked for the bill, because I'll make grip.
Speaker 2: You've gotful original boots for this game, so that you're playing with your mates, you'll be laughing as you lace them up. That gold one four point three. See there he is?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: You are something else? You are a shifty character. I'm starting to read us about you. It comes because all Meeka Marble watch out. There's a snake inside there.
Speaker 4: You know how I justified it in my mind. The Grand Final, which I loved. I love going to Hey great, it was really good to hear. I was like, but I am working on a Saturday, so maybe that even's out with a pair of new boots.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a shocker. I don't believe courageable now.
Speaker 3: Coming up after nine, then off of the news with Batty. Then we have the News and Sport and we'll have a branding out White Time Waste. So then I'm really excited about this. At nine point thirty, Eddie McGuire is going to be calling the show.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 3: I genuinely really like Eddie's been very kind to me since I got here and here he is a character and what an amazing moment for the President as well of his club as well this weekend.
Speaker 2: But Eddie's on the show. He can't come on. I know his show. His show finishes at like I think it's.
Speaker 3: Like five past eight, and then he goes to that daily rubdown, doesn't he is it Mama Home who goes to So he's having an extra deep tissue mass us today. So we can't speak until nine thirty. But the President the press is going to be calling this show, which is great.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for this.
Speaker 3: So we're going to chat to edit at nine thirty. We should be done by six o'clock tonight, so make sure you your tune in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three redefining the movie die Hard.
Speaker 3: If they the fans that are camping out don't see I've seen that die Hard movie where McClain goes camping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, then time for today's at work time waster. It's an AFL one today with the grand final this weekend.
Speaker 4: One weekend couldn't come sooner.
Speaker 5: I've got my handbag on my shoulder in one foot out the door, all.
Speaker 3: Right now, normal, show them, Okay, So we're looking for AFL players as foods today.
Speaker 2: Twice you've seen me go in there and say, hey, look, is everything all right?
Speaker 4: You've tried to reconcile.
Speaker 2: I have and she's gone, no, haven't.
Speaker 5: It fresh air too? It's enough to drive a journo to drink.
Speaker 3: I tell you, redefining Diehard the camping movie terrorists. I've told him the stolen the camping stove. What will McLean do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: That means to move on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, AFL players as foods Okay, I've got Rogan Josh Kennedy, good Yaeger bomb o mirror.
Speaker 4: That's good food.
Speaker 5: Drink, that's a drink, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. At a barbecue though, you need some drinks sure ten years ago, maybe a yeah, say yeah, fish gills mcdouklin. You don't eat fishkills, do you? Oh? Yes, the real delicacy. Look it up Gary Crab, Legs Crab, Shane Crawl and A Darmie being McGuire, A d Army being McGuire. All right, what have you got then, Jack?
Speaker 4: You went for quantity there over quality.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've got Melbourne Power Forward, Tom McDonald's nice, Bruce mcanchovy, Oh yeah, bronze, Joe Danna herbs.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that well known food herbs. What we're gonna have for tea herbs.
Speaker 4: And steal sides bottom? Will you order some sides with your yes, I will steal sides bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I like that one.
Speaker 2: And that's your best one. All right? Soon as you're then.
Speaker 3: AFL players as foods textamen o four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The best one. We get to the next ten minutes when we come back and mark them.
Speaker 3: You can go and see this big movie Experience One Giant Leap into the Unknown with First Man, Big Ryan Gosling movie out. It was about the life of Neil Armstrong, comes out on October the eleventh. You can win your tickets for the best time we get text them now.
Speaker 1: An O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three this weekend.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend on Gold one of four point three, they're playing out the top one hundred sporting anthems.
Speaker 2: No ready, one hundred. That's a lot of I mean, I could think of a load, but one hundred. I mean what they're going to like volleyballd and netball and the anthems and badminton, all those big badminton anthems that we've had over the years. That's a lot, isn't it. One hundred? Hey, listen, the boss is here. They know what they're doing. Mate.
Speaker 4: Do you think they'll start scraping the barrel around thirty five.
Speaker 3: Just starting playing them again? People be too drunk over the weekend to work out what they're hearing. Yeah, be absolutely fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's see how you've got on then AFL players as foods.
Speaker 3: Some of them been creative and they're own done drinks as well. But there's some very good ones here and then some don't forget you're looking out for who are going to send to the cinema?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't just do the last one, like you do every day this week, I'm getting complaints that were going He said mine was the best, and then at the end he just goes that one. Buddy, Frankfurt Silver. Yeah, there's some wade in box Hill, Gary Onmelook.
Speaker 4: It's a creeper, gold, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It tickled me and then you got there. What a market throwberry Daniel Ravioli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bronze the most common one coming in an easy go to, answered Dusty Martini.
Speaker 4: Good, but a drink I will only take half a point off.
Speaker 2: So we're saying food without drink.
Speaker 4: Okay, it won't win a drink, won't win the cinema tickets. I'll just say that much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that much.
Speaker 3: Cyah Ravioli. We're back to the RAO and it's just every third one morning. Karen Chad Chicken wing guard.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Gold, Yeah, Jose Bruce Mac and cheese. That's one of my favorites. Okay, well did you put your name on that? Nick BREEVEO A nice cheese. I like that. Gold plus from Nick and Geelong, Sarah Lee Matthews.
Speaker 4: You know, and the ice cream of course gold.
Speaker 3: Thank you for telling us all their product range. Well, they're buying football boots and stuff for plugs, Sarah bits.
Speaker 4: Why are you allowed to mention the pudding? But I'm not allow quite right, just tickled.
Speaker 2: And of course let's not forget the ice cream daylight today. Joel would fired pizza.
Speaker 4: Joel would fire pizza. Don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what he's trying to do there either, Ash in Greensburg.
Speaker 4: Expanding Joel cell would ah, right now.
Speaker 2: Jack Crispy Chicken wings for Jack Crisp too easy, bronze.
Speaker 3: All right, you got to pick a winner. Now who we send them to? I know what my favorite is, but what's yours? You're the marker for his.
Speaker 4: Back and cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have had to. You're off to go and see this Big Ryan Gods.
Speaker 3: The movie comes out on a October the eleventh, The First Man, all about the life of Neil Armstrong. You also get a I see here for my sales notes. You also get a copy of the novel as well, So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: It's nice to go and see a movie that immediately read the book afterwards.
Speaker 2: I always I'd like to do it that way. You know, they compare which one I like most of us. So anyway, that is and that's on us.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Well, this is very exciting on the line right now, first time caller, longtime fan.
Speaker 2: We got Eddie McGuire, Eddie, good morning. Well listen.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, you know, a couple of weeks ago, a couple of months ago now when I first started here in Melbourne, you were kind enough to take me out to lunch and say good luck. I want to return the favor and say good luck to the pies this weekend.
Speaker 16: Yeah, good Onia made. It's a wonderful time in this town which you're experiencing for the first time, and I hope you're embracing it all is it's great. I think you understand what the big events have been like here by kind of London with the games and of course you know they may to soccer for you have been championships if they cap all that type of stuff, and this is just something that's so special in our city. And play football club a college would have gone through all the ups and downs this year and to be there against a huge club like the West Coast Digs. It's just so exciting for us and also.
Speaker 3: What a surprise whom because everyone going into Friday night's game just presumed it was going to be, you know, a foregone conclusion that Tigers were going to be there.
Speaker 2: But can you believe you're there?
Speaker 16: Not everyone who's going there thinking not by a long one. We didn't think anything. That's why we turn up the football in the sport because as much as we have the pundits talking about it all the time, no one really knows what the hell is going to happen. And no, it was just that it was a magnificent performance. I mean the Eagles were just as good against Melbourne of course the following day. I mean, I don't think you know, you can have a tip. Everyone's gonna have a tip, but no one really knows what's gonna happen. There is there's so many variables. Both teams are pretty good, they've had their ups and downything brews as we've said that, both teams are probably going unchanged from the weekend, So it's it's going to be one head of a Grand final.
Speaker 3: And over the years of you go into grand finals, what's been your number one favorite out of all the years going there and Covernorm, what's been your favorite one?
Speaker 2: D he as a fan.
Speaker 16: Oh, we'll look. I mean clearly for me, twenty ten being premiership for president is a moment for there is one of the greatest moments of my life. File Le's a grand and then our sixty six seventy seventy seven braor seven ninety eighty one, so I get to a winn nine A ninety was fantastic, So I learn a way. We've had some wonderful teams that have really work hard to get to a Grand final. Probably would have played is We're a forty fourth Grand final, so we played basically won every two point eight years. It's an amazing performance. They went out sixteek there on the weekend sock pub. It's very for money, but I'd very like to put the value up this week in just get that silver Cup back to the Holden Center. It'd be something very very special for us.
Speaker 2: Now Eddie, say that happens, how are you and the team going to celebrate? What will you do.
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 16: And it's pretty infistrated in these days Christian to be perfectly honestly, what will happen is straight after the game within the rooms where some celebrations there. Jimmy Barnes is playing the concert after it's the place will be presented on the MCG at seven threety, So I remind people that even if they don't have tickets, they can still get to the NCG for Barns each concert they open the gates, which is fantastic, and that the players will be on the stage at that seventh fety. From there, we'll then go back to our club, the dinner and the all sorts of people at the Holden Center and around those live sides, and we've got will be in the dinner, in live into our venues as well, so everybody who even can't get to the function themselves that they're able to be part of it. And then were the night and at some stage we'll rock up on the Sunday. I think it's about the midday, every family day, and hopefully the party will go into a round one next year.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 4: There was great scenes last year with Jack Raywold post match singing with the Killers. If Collingwood gets up on the weekend, which of your players do you think is most likely to get on stage with Jimmy Barnes.
Speaker 16: Of the Microphone and the wed to say.
Speaker 3: I could see Eddie singing with will I Am. That's the collaboration of the world.
Speaker 2: What's Eddie? I think he's been remixed by will I Am right now, Eddie's still there, Eddie, Eddie, you're breaking up? Mate?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I think he's Eagles fans all right. He's driving around obviously, very very busy. I think Thursday's the Bentley Day. So but thank you very much to Eddie. Hopefully's listened to us and you can hear words. Eddie, thanks for coming on the show and good luck to the pies this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Ensure this hour of sporting anthems pump up songs for this weekend's Grand Final. More that all weekend from Saturday morning at nine o'clock. When this radio station counts down the top one hundred sporting anthems.
Speaker 4: I'm going to turn the commentary off on my TV during the Grand Final and pump up goal.
Speaker 3: Well, we've only been like in the seventies there and I think seventy two to sixty one is lawn bowls anthems.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I shopping it on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, some big monster songs. Okay, well listen, we're not here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Whatever you opt to the next couple of days, I think the guests probably involves a footy game on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: We are back Monday morning, week four on ten weeks of tickets William Shatner.
Speaker 2: Tickets to go.
Speaker 3: I never thought I'd be saying out the radio, go and see the great actor William Shatner live stories and songs. I've interview Shatner very very funny blow really funny bloat. So we got that every day next week. Although we're not here tomorrow, we do have another pair of tickets to go and see Share and so you can win those at seven thirty by heading on to our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: That's OC one four three Why are there? Leave us a comment?
Speaker 3: Check out the grand final Videoble, the Grannies and Kick Connection. Last weekend. Title of today's show is Share Not Sure.
Speaker 2: Have a top weekend? Everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three