Speaker 1: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of minches.
Speaker 2: Mitch, Look, you you spoke to do Aleipa recently. I'm trying to move this along.
Speaker 3: I did. This was actually crazy.
Speaker 4: I was folowing to Hamilton Island by one of Music Australia and they reached out that like do a Leaper is in town for Don't Start Now. She's got the new album coming out, Future Nostalgia. She'll be in Hamilton Island and she just wants to do press in Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Simple yes would have sufficed. But sure story you spoke to recently? Yes, I haven't. I'm sorry, I'm a bad friend. I haven't actually listened to it yet. So you were going to play it for us here.
Speaker 3: Right the chat? Yeah? Then I've got some stuff to talk about after it.
Speaker 2: So do I I've got a bone to pick a few about this interview me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you heard it?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't heard the interview. But there's something else.
Speaker 3: About the whole event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I heard that you were saying that you were worried that she hates you, because it's something you said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, not she hated me. I was worried.
Speaker 4: It didn't start off I made a joke that did not land anyway fit at all.
Speaker 3: After a roll the interview here it is, Hello, Hi, how are we?
Speaker 5: I'm really good?
Speaker 3: Is there this rubbish where we are?
Speaker 5: I know it's terrible awful.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's paint a picture.
Speaker 4: I think I saw a sea turtle just beneath our feet before.
Speaker 3: Was stunning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the water is so clear.
Speaker 3: Crystal clear. We're in Hamilton Island. I mean, look at us.
Speaker 5: Go I know you.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was in my hotel room. I was trying to geo locate where you were. I'm like, can I go find do a leaper and swim out to you? But no, would not have worked. Very excited to have you. How are you feeling? So the time of this recording, you've done amas, hopped on a plane and you went to Arias a night of Knights.
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 5: Is that like a slogan for it, the night of Nights?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's our Like I.
Speaker 6: Feel like people say that a lot, the Arias the Night of Nights. I'm like, wow, we.
Speaker 3: Don't have much else. We have.
Speaker 4: Aris is our Grammys, and then the logis is our Golden Globes. Cool, and we only have the two and then we get like a big star every year, and you were the star. Talk to me about that. So you had Amas. The performance was incredible.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you do the same chry for every show we've.
Speaker 6: For this song, we've been making it a thing. Yeah, but we just kind of modify it for every performance depending on the stage, and we just change it up a little bit. But yeah, it's the same choreography. Yeah, it's almost like because we didn't really do choreography for the music video. The music video was very like free form and fun, kind of like a crazy night out, but the choreography just was like it brought like a new dimension to the song and was really fun to do it because it's very like disco orientated, and so it was only right to just have an ongoing choreography part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amas on a plane, two Arias and now you're here. You did Sunrise this morning. Yeah, it was a pleasure to watch you. It was crazy.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I made so much? Are you exhausted?
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I'm all right?
Speaker 6: Actually waking up at three am bizarrely was okay because of the jet lag, Like it was like midday in London some right, So I'm feeling I'm feeling very okay with.
Speaker 3: The rein cycle, so it's it's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm more off to Tokyo tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fun. Are you missing home?
Speaker 6: I've only just started my trip abroad. Of course I always miss like my family and my friends. But it's all worth it. I'm so happy to get to do what I what I.
Speaker 3: Love when don't start now.
Speaker 4: Before it came out, I got an email from Grace from your label, and she was like, we want you to hear the song, and like at the radio station, I'm like, I'm just a nobody, you know, like like a shitkicker.
Speaker 3: So they're like, we want you to hear the song. No, it's true. It is true.
Speaker 4: Like I was cleaning the basement of the radio station a year ago, now on the air with you, So I pinched myself moment I love so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was mitched the coffee bitch.
Speaker 6: So I I think everyone's got to start somewhere. But it's amazing and inspiring that you've done that thing.
Speaker 3: If you look at this, so happy.
Speaker 4: I made a vanilla latte for Fifth Harmony once, but I didn't have any vanilla, so I put eight sugars in each and they were like, we'll get it. We'll get a vanilla latte please. I'm like, no worries can do and pumped it with sugar and they did not know the difference.
Speaker 3: You gotta make it work.
Speaker 5: I'm dying.
Speaker 3: I know when I watched YouTube tutorials and had a froth. Milk was you know you.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's what I mean. It's like, you make do with what you've got.
Speaker 4: You got a hush, you are exactly right. And they said, we want you to hit the song, and I was like, okay, great. So what they did was they put someone in a taxi. They sent them to work with a UI boom. We sat in like a broom closet so no one else could hear. And then we put the volume.
Speaker 3: On like six and like, okay, so this is the song.
Speaker 4: No one can hear it, but we're playing it to you so you can talk about it on the show when it comes out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, great, we played it on volume three.
Speaker 4: We both had to lean into this UI boom and then we're bopping our heads along and then we hit a cow bell and then we just stop.
Speaker 3: I mean the cow bell just stops the nation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I know everyone's going to be asking you about the cow bell, but I want to know. Was it a literal cow bell, like a real one or was it like a button affect cow bell?
Speaker 5: Do you know what? Are you to have to ask Ian?
Speaker 6: He's the one who went in andto like the production for it, so I have to ask the mastermind. But I have a good feeling it's a real one because Ian loves to keep really crazy instruments around.
Speaker 3: Right, So you never actually I saw a literal cow bell.
Speaker 5: I didn't see the literal.
Speaker 4: I was hoping there was a cow bell and an action from to a leaper and we'd see it.
Speaker 5: It was actually me doing the cow bell.
Speaker 3: We love the song. How do you feel is that? I feel like you can just make that the album. Just put that on ten times.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Don't you feel proud of the song?
Speaker 6: I'm really I'm really proud of it. I'm really proud of the album in general. It's it's a lot of fun and I feel like I've grown so much as an artist, and I'm just excited for you guys.
Speaker 5: Here the rest of the music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when are we getting it a couple of days, right, the title.
Speaker 6: The title comes in December first, and then album comes next year, right, and then I'll be releasing music until then.
Speaker 3: You'll be touring with the album next year? Yes, yeah, around the world. Yes, absolutely, im me down under.
Speaker 5: Of course you're here for Mardi grass I will be here for Martin.
Speaker 3: It will be fun. Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: This year I was on a float, not intentionally. I wasn't meant to be on a float, and I was filler. They're like, get on the flow because this aren't here of the of the radio show I work at, and they never turned up.
Speaker 3: So they will like, just go, just start the float.
Speaker 4: So I was on Oxford Street on the parade on this giant set of headphones as a float.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like who is that guy? Or just waving. It was great. Marti Gras in Sydney is the best in the world. You're gonna have to wait.
Speaker 5: I absolutely can't wait. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Was that something that crossed your mind as a maybe or you're like, no, I.
Speaker 6: Have to do I know when I got asked to do it, I was like absolutely, yes, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have Marti gra in the UK. Do you is it pride we have?
Speaker 6: We have pride? Yeah, yeah, we have pride, which is really fun. I mean there's pride all over England. Yeah, but I've never done Mardi Gras.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's crazy, you'll have so much fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can't wait.
Speaker 3: The Queen fan base love you. You're like an icon.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: They really sort of latch onto you and your music. I think the disco vibe has always been like thank you, quite queer, and I love the music.
Speaker 3: I think you're just the disco queen like that. That's where you are.
Speaker 5: I'll take it. Think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited about the new disco era. I just feel like I haven't really heard it so much on the radio, and that's why I just wanted to play around with different sounds. And I'm grateful for the response and happy happy to do.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: When I played onst Now on the radio, it doesn't sound like anything that we have. Thank you, like it stands out. We're playing it on loop. It's one of those songs that we play every hour and people are like, oh, it's dually, but we'll get away with it. We're playing your song every hour and dance monkey Tones and eye have you heard that song?
Speaker 5: Course?
Speaker 3: How cool?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: So so good?
Speaker 6: And it's just a feel good trap. So yeah, and she picked up a bunch of awards at the area.
Speaker 3: Yeah she did she now there, Yeah she did best Pop realy some thing.
Speaker 4: She was busking in barn Bay, which is close to your, close to Hamilton, like a.
Speaker 3: Year ago a busker. I'm okay, now, thank you so much for hanging out.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's been amazing. They can't wait for the hourbur Yes, me too.
Speaker 4: I feel like I want to yell into the ether and just yell out to Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Should we know? You do it with me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay? What should I say?
Speaker 5: I don't know? What did you want to say?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just am feeling the energy. I'm getting a very you don't want to scrape?
Speaker 5: No, I want to what you do?
Speaker 3: Would you say Australia loves dua?
Speaker 5: Well that'd be weird for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well why don't we say stream don't start? Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that's good, right, get a bug in the labels happy with that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: I'm three. We're going to countdown?
Speaker 2: How loud, we go.
Speaker 4: We'll all scream it, but you can just do you know you've got to save your vocals, so just go.
Speaker 3: Stream, don't start now into the ether.
Speaker 4: We're at Hamilton Island overlooking the ocean on three one two, three months du aleper stream.
Speaker 3: Don't start now. That was so good. That was loud that I thought you'd never well done.
Speaker 4: Imagine if I just whispered it may not stream, don't start now.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 5: I can't leave hanging like that.
Speaker 3: No, you couldn't with as mr moment, with your nails. That'll be fun. Stream's stream.
Speaker 6: But thank you so much, thank you much.
Speaker 3: That last bit.
Speaker 2: She really yeah, not that she sounded like she didn't like you at the star, but she warmed up to you by the end, like you guys are having fun. I was good on you and she likes you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the end, we were having real fun. To get hurt to yell off. You should have seen it.
Speaker 4: The photos are on. Actually we'll put one up on iGEM. You will, but I'll do it.
Speaker 2: If it's not there. It's because we're relying on Mitchell's memory.
Speaker 4: Regton and I got it a yell off the balcony we'll put the footge jup, I'll put the foota jump, And I was surprised that happened. She kind of looked at her label. There was about twenty people off camera. There were twenty there were two makeup people, there were the label people, there was a manager, there was.
Speaker 3: Two security guards.
Speaker 2: I'd hate that.
Speaker 4: It was intense and I was a bit thrown. So I think that's what happened at the start of the interview, but it was great by the end.
Speaker 2: So why were you worried that she hated you? You said that you were worried that you offended her, but there was nothing offensive in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, so I made a joke before the MIC's were rolling.
Speaker 3: It was sort of I sat down.
Speaker 2: She just wasn't in it.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't in the interview. It was while everyone was setting up around us. So I was there sitting there, and I didn't just want to sit there like this hello. Before the interview. I wanted to hate it's the nice, awkward part. So I'm like, I'll make a joke and a warm it up. So I'd been on Hamilton Island for like twelve hours and it's beautiful. It's so nice but as soon as it hit six o'clock, it's almost like no one is there, and then all these bats appear as the sun setting, people leave the island. There's nowhere to eat dinner after six o'clock, but one restaurant, like, you've got no choice. That is Hamilton Island in a nutshell. So I'm sitting opposite to a lipa and I go, oh, do how beautiful Hamilton Island. So it's so nice, it's absolutely stood and I love it and I'm like, yeah, but don't you get like weird North Korean vibes from the place. And then she's like and I was like, yeah, after six o'clock, no one's anywhere.
Speaker 3: And then you can't eat here, you can't eat there.
Speaker 4: You gotta ride around on golf buggies. It's like it's run by Kim jongle and the buildings are big. And she looks at the people and she's like, right, let's not maybe, let's stop this.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, oh yeah, you're right, you're right here a way to start. But you're on a boat.
Speaker 4: You're on a yacht and looked beautiful and she's like right, and I'm like, fuck, I'm ruined it.
Speaker 2: Did she think you were recording?
Speaker 3: Yes, and this was my bit.
Speaker 2: You opened with a North Korea dough yeah, and it did not didn't help that you just told a story that your dressed with Kim Jo not ideal. She didn't wiped out that boat, and you're like, I do a great impression.
Speaker 4: No, so it almost tanked, but I won her over by making a yell yeah.
Speaker 2: No, she loved you by the end.
Speaker 4: You could tell yeah, yeah, we got along like a house on fire, and she gave me a kiss and did it and she's like joined to do an instant story and I'm like, yeah, so the fact that she.
Speaker 2: That is good. Actually they never offer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really nice and like if you watch the she's like all over me and cuddling. So she we were great friends by the end. But I think she got my stick, which is kind of like I'm a goofy one, right and she sort.
Speaker 2: Of that's clear to everyone. Let me disassure you we don't hide it.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, not.
Speaker 2: You said you have an issue with the interview though, right, No, no, the interview, no issue with that at all. But I just thought it was strange and this is not a dig at you. It's just a dig at lots of people that do the same thing that you were all over social media being like, oh, do a leaper's co hosting with me? I just think that the general public know the difference between an interview and someone co hosting. Like, she wasn't co hosting. You were talking to her about her new song for her own commercial game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I hear co hosting, I think somebody's sitting on a panel with somebody and.
Speaker 2: Like, imagine she is interviewing Samantha Armitage for three hours. Like that's not what that's not what co hosting is, but that's what you do it. Did I know was co hosting with me? Oh, I had the perfect guest co host of the year. You spoke to her for seven minutes. It's not just you that does it. I see people in radio do it all the time. It's like, oh, tomorrow morning, Michelle Bridge's co host with Buzz and Gang Bang on the Rock, Like, no, she's not. She's going to talk about her ship book. She's not co hosting. It's the opposite. It's such a difference between being interviewed and co hosting.
Speaker 3: Very true. Matt Preston co hosting with Trevor and Tom.
Speaker 2: Is Julie Goodwin? Actually no, she is the oh Julie Goodwin. You remember her for Master Chef she won first year. She hosts a radio show and she they full name her because she's famous. But her co host clearly has this radio name that he's not willing to let go his rabbit. So the show is Rabbit and Julie Goodwin.
Speaker 3: Literally sounds like cook.
Speaker 6: It sounds so.
Speaker 2: Weird pairing a full name with an animal. It's like, oh, Spider and Denise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg and Casswery.
Speaker 2: Margaret and Tarantula in the morning Wake up with what hogged? Wendy Iigron Beryl.
Speaker 4: No, it is a radiotrope though. That's what we do because it makes it sound bigger than it is.
Speaker 3: And she was she was, So.
Speaker 2: You're setting people up for disappointing.
Speaker 3: Well, for that hour, it was Douer and I on the show.
Speaker 2: So are you saying that if I titled this podcast do a liper co hosts? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be clickbait.
Speaker 4: No, because normally, when you have an interview, you give it three minutes on the radio and you're done.
Speaker 2: What interview that you listening to?
Speaker 3: My show?
Speaker 2: That might be the rule for ding Batton, Marie. Most interviews go for like fifteen minutes on radiod.
Speaker 4: You grab at Michael, have a driver, Dashington name, Sorry, we're going to This is just awful.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of exotic animals.
Speaker 4: Yeah too, Canon Terrence for the three pm pickup, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, Rabbit and Julie Goodman and I can't make it thin now and I listened to the.
Speaker 3: Other day, Margaret. I listened to that new Nelly and the Now Wall show. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, spur Way on side, Louise and Ladybug.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful little show.
Speaker 1: Kelly Cain and Belinda that's funny.
Speaker 3: Holy fuck.
Speaker 2: Oh Jenna, Oh, Jenna Dingo and Delilah.
Speaker 4: I forgot what we were talking about, but co hosting. Yeah, look, she she didn't go U but she I had dedicated an hour to her and we played five of her songs.
Speaker 2: Sing and hang on, hang on, hang on? How did you spread that seven minute interview across an hour? I made it work, Jenna, what's seven sixty divided by seven?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Let's say do it Jim.
Speaker 1: Eight point fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Imagine being a du A Leaper fan just being like, fuck man, stop giving it to me. In Sprinkle, You're like canceling sprinkling crumbs.
Speaker 4: There was one point where you would have just heard it then where I asked her about the cow bell.
Speaker 3: And you know, like that don't in the song. I'm like, where did the cow bell come from? Was it a literal cow bell? Was there a cow in studio?
Speaker 4: Like it? We just heard it, I know, just from my own memory. And she gave me the answer, and she said, yeah, it was actually and I cut it on there. Oh if you want to hear if it was real, stick around. I'll play the rest in fifteen minutes. Literally cut the poor bitch off mid breath.
Speaker 3: The answer for that?
Speaker 1: How is that co hosting? Like I expect you were to be like coming up on Mitch till Midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's not co hosting.
Speaker 3: Well, at least I've got a radio shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I thought that was gonna have more of an impact than I did.
Speaker 2: I'm not jealous. I'm happy for you. Thank you well done on your interview. Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Don't forget to subscribe, and leave a review on your podcast app.