Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi, sweetie pies.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to be stressed, these are the jobs for you.
Speaker 1: Look, I did the.
Speaker 2: Market research myself. Am I convinced with the answers. No, But information is information. You must do with it what you will learn to discern.
Speaker 1: And also, guys, finally, we need to actually define what negging is. Don't look at me on the way.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at free me for having sixteen blocks of chocolate in her mat as she's trying the salivarries building.
Speaker 1: She's trying to talk like it's not in there. I see it, not Cabri.
Speaker 2: Guys's lively getting caught in the HAIs.
Speaker 1: Stop it. It's so mean.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I have the best weekend in the whole wide world. We're I was gonna talk about negging. We've just really understood what it is.
Speaker 1: Today and we've just seen it right now. Anyway, love your guys so much. Let's go to the body mummy.
Speaker 2: Can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms?
Speaker 1: Okata. I haven't used up chat in a little honey a while. I will be honest. I do most of my telecommunications over Instagram and imssage. However, a report has just come out courtesy of Snapchat for Australia's top nicknames. This is what we call our friends, our beloveds our betrothed, and these are the top national findings. This blew me away. The top nicknames in this country are baby, that's fair enough, yeah, fair, honey cool? Okay, yeah, I hear han not honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well let's just assume baby, babe's honey hun.
Speaker 1: We can do that. Cutie ah hey, kuty. I thought.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, oh, this is like okay.
Speaker 1: It's a list and Babe. But the final one, which.
Speaker 2: I need to know, I don't understand Digger.
Speaker 1: Mikayla. What's going on? So Mikayla brought me this story and I'm like, Snapchat just threw this in to beget in the news.
Speaker 2: I see this as young people.
Speaker 1: What is digger? Let me let me google.
Speaker 2: It sounds Australian for sure?
Speaker 1: What does the nickname?
Speaker 2: While you're doing that, let's go through the rest of the findings of Ozzie's believed nicknames are a unique part of being Australian, and I do agree for me.
Speaker 1: Would you say, okay? Digger is a military slang term for infantry soldiers from Australia New Zealand. So they've just thrown that in. I've never heard anyone preferred to anyone as a digger, and yet here are the men playing on Snapchat.
Speaker 2: Forty three percent of Ozzie you say that others tend to know them by their nickname over their real name, like mummy firms Yeah huge, nearly one intent Ouzsie is a sporting a rude nickname, and what is rude? Percent of Australians go by a nickname around their family and sixty percent around their friends.
Speaker 1: The more surprising nicknames they found their way into. The most popular included sausage makes sense. My mum calls me sausage. Oh bear, oh baby bear LGBTQI representation. We called bum sweetie.
Speaker 2: I like sweety shorty shorty.
Speaker 1: Also he spelt like shorty, like short little bit of why hello shorty, I mean surely short king makes on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah say shorty. That's one of the things I really like about Australian culture. We can say a lot of harrowing things about what happens here, but nickname culture. I just feel so strongly about love does wonders for an interaction. There are some people who've never had a name before, and that hurts me to my core.
Speaker 1: Hurts me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little name shortening, a little shared Please it is that to you?
Speaker 1: Where can I? Guys of line with flex and Frooms on.
Speaker 2: Kada, got a big question for you. If you have any thoughts or you disagree with anything we're about to say, we welcome it to our Instagram DM, Flex and Frooms, please respond with context. When you talked about this, I felt this, and then we might acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: We might not.
Speaker 2: But it's all fun and games here, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Question?
Speaker 2: Can nagging be playful or is it always a toxic exchange? No, idiot, I've got the definition. Just that we're on the same page. It's an insult or to undermine someone in the belief that diminished self confidence will make them.
Speaker 1: More receptive to sexual advances.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I had no idea. I thought begging was banter, that just didn't land, that had a mean undertone. Okay, in my head, I assumed negging was insult masked as joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is that is a technique of negging, but it is not the true form of negging.
Speaker 2: And I think the true form is it has to be sexually oriented. To be assumed to be negging without the sexual orientation of it, I think it's just playful banter or bullying either or I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Are they interchangeable bullying? And they are.
Speaker 2: Depending on what your relationship status is. Okay, we have a listener, Tate, who dmd us and said I would love your wise and wonderful opinions on insulting bullying as a form of flirting. I met a guy the other day at a mutual friend's birthday, and the way he flirted was by saying that quote your Instagram could be improved.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I would have a conniption, would simply perish on the spot.
Speaker 2: Tate goes on to say I had had have a basic white girl name and other little comments. I can only assume he was flirting because it was in a joky tone, and he practically asked me out at the end of the night, plus hit me up the next day. I love the party, would love your thoughts thoughts.
Speaker 1: Okay, A is Tate a basic name? It's not giving. I won't. I won't say a basic name, not to say alien Nate. You know, way fifty percent of our audience, I won't. They could be one.
Speaker 2: Why not fifty? It could be higher. You say I don't have a white demographic.
Speaker 1: Just say it, Just say it.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Sorry? What was the question?
Speaker 2: Imagine this right? You go to a party, you meet a guy, you're chit chatting. He says to you, your Instagram could be impressed.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's been nice, but I have to go to the toilet into a massilier to say your macs. You're being mean to me. I hate people who neg Leave me out of it. Say something nice, Put yourself out there, be vulnerable. Life is short. Don't tell me that I need to improve my Instagram. Get off it. You're obsessing me and it's freaking me out. Okay, probably the Devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: Please only you because the question is sir, Well, it's more insulting. Bullying as a form of flirting, I think it requires context and it requires you to actually know the other person. Otherwise it's just bullying.
Speaker 1: So an example of that that you said earlier between our dynamic between us. So I believe that I am entering my clean girl era. If you were to come to my house today, you'd see that it's in th me.
Speaker 2: Currently to this day, and you can grab that that prop asset a for me currently and has consistently for months been drinking out of a Mouldi water bottle and in the same breath will call herself a clean girl. It's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: Makeup's given clean.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's given clean. I will continuously bring up this, she's a clear girl. That is a form of insulting, bullying with a humorous undertone. A way, because we have context, can someone who doesn't know you, who is trying to tune you come through with the Mouldi water bottle.
Speaker 1: Joke like ones when someone said I was living in squalor totally unprovoked. I wasn't even trying to make my house with it. Okay, this actually really actually affected me, and I have since improved the house. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I would say it can be, but let's all just stick to the basics. Too many of us, and I don't mean me when I'm speaking about this. I'm trying to do advanced banter when you haven't done foundational work. The curriculum exists for a reason. Brush up, please, thank.
Speaker 1: You, don't be too overfamiliar.
Speaker 2: Also, just be funny. And if you don't have that, be nice. That is life. It's a tale as old as time. I'm at work, I'm stressed. I wish there was a different job that I could do that would pay me any heaps, and that would be I don't know, validating well, I've done the work for us everyone. Every now and then I dip into my philanthropy bag. Philanthropy, philanthropy. Damn, I dip into my philanthropy bag.
Speaker 1: But you never dip into your grandma bag. No, never.
Speaker 2: And I dip out, and I say, here's something nice for you. Don't have to for anything again. Listen to this TikTok.
Speaker 3: It's from me, someone who has a job and doesn't feel stressed or overworked at all or rarely. What job do you have? What industry are you in? Does it pay enough to cover all your expenses? And then some were you in a sexy mood? Because that's definitely a sexy voice, heap?
Speaker 2: Is it a sexy voice that was a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sexy with that voice? Are there any anyone who gets a lot of money and isn't stress that they do.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was like I was mate calling you were bait.
Speaker 1: You're looking for a carpenter.
Speaker 2: I was literally leading over my kitchen counsel, you're looking.
Speaker 1: At what are you looking for? Yeah? Leaning over the counter.
Speaker 2: Ye Bosom in the full flight say it isn't so okay. Here are the industries we have top comments. It may sound unbelievable, but executive assistance I get compensated greatly and are rarely stressed. Next personal assistant. My boss is amazing. I work twenty five hours a week and make seventy K. We never quit marketing, or it has nothing to do with the job. It's the company one thousand percent government.
Speaker 1: How No, it's chilling.
Speaker 2: Tech writing pays seventy one hundred k marketing. Somebody else said, we've got a bridal makeup artist. There is no way of working in bridle is ever chill sewing machinists making soft furnishing, visual merchandiser, plant nursery supervisor, customers, success for a fintech company, financial crime prevention, coffee, digital marketing, nanny English tutor marketing, marketing, juice bar marketing, marketing, factory marketing.
Speaker 1: You're being oppressive in my ears. Sorry, I had to say it was there not a nicer way to say it. I apologize I was depressed her for a second of being oppressive. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You can't trust any of these answers, but somebody with some sense to jump into the comments and say, I think the key to finding a job that pays well and doesn't stress you out is to not care and to treat it as just a job that is meant to pay you.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you want to find that video, scroll down my TikTok. Maybe twenty times.
Speaker 1: Love that. Well done, flex, bring something near the table. Gosh, this is flex and rooms kit. I don't want to say that on coming down with sickness, but definitely the st.
Speaker 2: You're coming down with the sickness. I'm coming to that to two for two what's going on? But I've ever been sick in this studio? Yeah, there was this one time.
Speaker 1: What was it a year ago? Yeah? It wasn't good. Not you sniffling. It was very bizarre experience for that. I was having conversation the other day and I was thinking, like about the most awkward, humiliating things that can happen to you humiliating. I love that work, absolutely humiliating, horrid and r answered and horrible.
Speaker 2: You have a writer in the room.
Speaker 1: I've just got Google open for synonyms. I've been having a lot of people over at my house recently.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: It's lovely, Yeah, bringing the outside in hosting. Fantastic host. So I say, sparkling or still great, guys, they say, where are you getting?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Is a bit like that on a bad day. I'm definitely a little less lonely than mister Gatsby, I'll say. At the moment killing it, I had this flashback of like when my mum, I would say parents, but with my mum, when mum would have guests over. She's got all the trimmings, got the beautiful pork roast belly in the oven. She's got some snacks on the table, bit of dip, bit of pesto dip on the table, with some gorgeous corn chips. That's a real host. And she's got the gypsy Kings playing. I don't know what that is. Do you guys know the Gypsickens in the Dixie Chicks. It's exactly the same era. Like to a t it'd be like putting on I can never pronounce the band name. It's Krugerbane. Sorry, how do I say? It's Space Space Jane anyway? So it's like this, how do I like? What is okay?
Speaker 2: Please don't let us don't so for asking.
Speaker 1: But I will say, why is it so embarrassing when you've got the playlist on before people come here, just milling around your house with like the ambient music. It is so humiliating.
Speaker 2: Demons follow you because this was like a relatively chill experience that's now haunting you.
Speaker 1: For Sis are a band of Catalan rumba, flamenco, salsa and pop musicians found in nineteen seventy eight. I like that Absolute bangers. Guys. We have been in the trenches here on the flex and fie.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the trenches.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting in, getting out, getting around, having the best times lives always. These are the best times of our lives, flecks, and they're happening right now, and it's really good to enjoy them because they will just continue.
Speaker 3: If you do.
Speaker 1: I have been thinking about how to politely ask somebody to leave your house once you don't want to be with them anymore. It could be romantic. It could be friends. You could have had a whole bunch of friends over last night, and you actually need some alone time now you've had a very big, busy day work. What is a polite way to do it. I don't think you can point blanks say hey, guys, I've got to go to bed. However, I've done that. Yeah, So I thought I had to do some googling before I read out my findings. Do you have a techniqueflix amount? I do have.
Speaker 2: I think it's much easier to get a group to leave than a one person if it's a group, Like I used to do a lot of dinner parties when I lived in Sydney, I'd be like, all right, home time. Oh but also I have friends with since and like, once we're done eating, we've talked for three hours about the same four topics. We all start like cleaning up after ourselves and everything. And then after we've cleaned up and someone needs to say it's time to go, somebody will say it. Somebody will say all right, I'm going home now, All right, home time, and then it's good to go. One on one though, I find really really difficult, and the only thing that I think works quite well. Is to get comfier and comfier in the sense that like you kind of have to like pull yourself out of engaging as much, laughing as much, kind of like still talk, but go on your phone, eat something, give the impression that you're like tuckering in for the day or the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if then they're like, Okay, time to get comfortable with my pants off, with my pants off, Jesus, what do you think? Well, according to these oh I didn't even print this out. Okay, this bottom thanks Miki. Number one suggest moving the parties to another location.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lose half the party when you do that, but they're not.
Speaker 1: You don't care anyway. Yeah, pretend that they're the ones that are ready to leave. This is probably my favorite technique. And you're like, oh god, don't you have to I've left you he sorry, guys, I've held your hostage for hours. You must be exhausted and ready to go home.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that could work. That's great because we are going to do a challenge them. No, I'm I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: I could Okay. Number three, it's a bit of me mention the time in a surprise manner. Look at your watch, go wow, oh my goodness's nice to midnight. Holy hell. Finally, inform your friends that you've got a busy schedule. I mean, no, no, that's quite patronizing. Absolutely. The last one is yawn repeatedly. That's kind of like a low blow. But if you get there, you get there. Who does the job? Anyway, that's how to get someone ide your house. Next time you're in the situation, perhaps use it as a technique to actually say what you want. It's very good to learn how to I don't want to use a B word boundaries, Yes.
Speaker 2: Can I say? The best way to get someone out of your house is to provide context when they get to your house. So they're coming over, Oh my good, let's do good for like two to five. I'm going to head so and so afterwards, or I need to do something afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it a time limit. Yeah. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.