Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life of Kinna.
Speaker 3: I'm your host, Brittany. I'm your host, Laura. We have lost the plot today. Do you know why?
Speaker 2: Because things are not as they should be. Things are not as they seem.
Speaker 3: It's a public holiday in New South Wales.
Speaker 2: We should have the day off. No, we usually record out of the studio. Things feel a little bit more I guess professional. Now when we record were recalled out of the studio, I feel like I am someone who has my shit together. I don't even have one of my earphones in. I was wondering why it felt very one sided.
Speaker 1: No, we usually recording a studio. As you guys know, it is a public holiday here in New South Wales, so we're recording from my house, which how do you think it smells?
Speaker 3: Laura?
Speaker 2: Can I just do one thing? I forgot to start my video. That's how unprofessional I am right now, that's my sink clap. I think it smells. I walked in here, into your house, brit and I was like, wow, it smells good. Don't get me wrong, it smells.
Speaker 3: I went two am on the incense sticks.
Speaker 2: It smells like a Balinese spa that's trying to hide something. Yeah, kind of like Barley in general, like smells like it smells nice, but also.
Speaker 3: You know there's an undercurrent. Yeah. My house isn't that big, and I think I went too strong. I did three.
Speaker 1: Simultaneous incense sticks because I wanted to make it nice for you guys. All the three sticks are in the one room because the room's not that big, so I've had to do some aerration. Anyway, we're recording from home today. The NRL Grand Final was on last night for both the women and the men. If anybody cares, and I say that because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was literally just about to say which is a shame, because I know I know how important it is. Matt was out all night last night, like produce a Keisha was.
Speaker 3: Out all day yesterday, like everybody know.
Speaker 2: It's a public holiday because of the Grand I'm pretty sure that that's why this exists. Is that?
Speaker 3: Why is it a public holiday? For the Grand Final. I'm sure. I don't think that's a thing. I think it's a public holiday and they put the Grand Final on because of that.
Speaker 2: So in Victoria they had their public holiday on the Friday, so it coincides with their Grand Final, and we have ours on the Monday, which coincides with ours.
Speaker 3: Now is it that the only reason? Probably not, but is it a good reason. Yes.
Speaker 2: However, Unfortunately for anybody listening to this who absolutely loves football, Brittain, I don't know much about it. But look, I'm married to someone who was a fanatic. So he was gone and he went and watched it, and then he came home very late last night and fell asleep on the couch.
Speaker 1: I am gonna put it out there. I've never watched a match like a game, Matt, my match?
Speaker 3: A game? What is it?
Speaker 2: He produced a Keisha was sitting in the corner and she is just a hating her.
Speaker 1: I didn't grow up in that football family. I remember being at school from primary school. I remember all of my friends, specifically, if they're listening, Sheri and Hannah. All of my friends were big football families, so all the families would go on the weekend to the football that'll watch it. They all had their team. My family, not one person. We're a family of six.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: Actually, one of my brothers will probably hate that, but we never watched a match growing up. I don't know the rules. I don't love it. I don't get it. I don't get the hype. But that's because I didn't grow up with it. I know if I went to it live, it would be amazing, because there's no live sport that isn't amazing. It's the atmosphere, it's the energy everyone has, so I know i'd love it. But I got asked to go and watch it by so many people at the pubs and stuff last night, and I was like, think, I would rather sit in my house alone.
Speaker 3: No, I really would. It's just not for me. It's not for me. Well look, and I'm sorry. I know so many people probably hate me listening to that, but.
Speaker 2: People like you didn't need to establish how much you hated it. I'm not a big football person, but I did watch it. Broncos lost.
Speaker 3: Did you watch it? Devastated? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so when I was trying to contact you, it was just on in the background with my children whilst one of them had growing pains and the other one spiked fever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, look that was my night last night. But anyway, I have a question for you, Bretty.
Speaker 2: Moving on from the football that neither of us really watched or paid attention to, I went surfing on the weekend. Everyone I went down to Woollongong. I went down to the farm. It was one of my best friend's birthdays. And she decided for her birthday, instead of like going and having a Margarita's with the girls, which is normal most people want to go and have cocktails with their friends, she said, how about we all drive two hours and go to the farm and go for a surf lesson. And at the time I was like, I will literally do anything for you, Kaya, but this is a weird.
Speaker 3: Request, but we all did it.
Speaker 2: Now, if you've ever been to the farm, which is like about fifteen minutes south of Woollongong, I'm going to guess that most people listening to this habit, but if you have, you'll know it's a beach that's kind of quite remote.
Speaker 3: The beach is really long.
Speaker 2: The toilet's like up the very top huge stairs, Like if you need to go to the toilet, that's a hike to go to the toilet. Ein't no single person in going to the toilet. They're going and doing a bushwee at the beach, right, Yeah, So if you're surfing and you've had to overcome all these obstacles to get to the toilet, you've put on a higher wetsuit, Where does one do a wee? Where do you do a wee if you're wearing somebody else's wetsuit.
Speaker 1: I'm confused by your question because if you're in a higher wetsuit, you need to do a wi You don't get out to go to the toilet.
Speaker 3: You just wean the ocean.
Speaker 1: But if you've worn your wet suit to the toilet and then pissed in the toilet, your cook's waara, Like I thought when you originally played this question, it was.
Speaker 3: Just in the water in the west. Yeah, of course, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is is anybody is anybody who's in the ocean wearing a wetsuit getting out to go to the toilet, or is every single person just pissing in the ocean? And if that's the case, then does that mean that we're all sharing higher wetsuits that literally every single person is weeding.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna tell you guys something Brittany did a shit in a wet suite. No, I have not, I don't.
Speaker 1: Surely I've told this on the podcast at some point in our life, but I don't actually remember.
Speaker 3: Laugh all you want.
Speaker 1: I was the Australian champion for women's bodyboarding, which is the late own surfing. I was the best in the country. I was twentieth in the entire world. It was what I always did. I was like when did big wave surfing nearly drowned in Mexico at the Australian title. We had to get out because it was a great white shark in Tasmania in our heat.
Speaker 3: It was I've had some wild experiences.
Speaker 2: But I love when you tell these stories because like it's such a closet flex of yours, Like no one knows this right that this is like it's just a random thing I used to do. And then all of a sudden, BRIT's like I used to buddy board. I was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty big deal. Yeah, pretty funny, but that was it. I was the best in the country. So like I just never talked about. It was like a whole nother life ago. Anyway, my point of that story is I grew up in wetsuits. Like I've always surfed all day every day. You always wear a wetsuit, you always.
Speaker 3: I am telling you.
Speaker 1: If anyone says they get out of the water to go and do a wheat, they're lying. Everyone we's in the ocean in their wetsuits. So if you have ever gone anywhere and you're doing like a small tour or something, you're putting on a rented wetsuit, someone else's weed in it.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I was there with like six girlfriends, six girlfriends, two instructors. Not one person got out of the water for a two hour lesson to go to the toilet.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, I'll pisson. We all doing it. No one's talking about it, but.
Speaker 1: You know, we sterile, so it's not that bad. Oh, like people, I think people get really have this really bigger version to wei.
Speaker 3: But we's not bad. Do I want to bathe around in somebody else's use wetsuit in it?
Speaker 1: No? But anyway, you know people do poops in the ocean to stop. Yeah, it's called an aquaturt.
Speaker 3: I know, but no one's doing inside their wetsuit. No, but they won't get out of the water.
Speaker 1: Surfers that if the surf is good and you have been out in the water for ages.
Speaker 3: A surfer will paddle off a little bit.
Speaker 1: They would rather take their wet suit off and do what they call an aquaturd and then put their wet seed back on, then get out and miss the surf. People might deny that, but I'm telling you one hundred percent that's what people doing.
Speaker 2: Well, look, everyone, we are doing things a little bit differently this month, and we are very excited about this now. As you know, if you've been listening to podcasts for quite a long time, our Tuesday episodes are our long episodes. So we do like our chitty little chitty chat about pissing and about whatever in wetsuits at the start, and then we usually do an interview or we get into like a deeper, more complex topic and more nuanced chat.
Speaker 3: Sometimes in the.
Speaker 2: Intros of these episodes we will hit an important topic as well.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're always just lighthearted chatter.
Speaker 2: But what we've decided to do is because those Tuesday episodes actually usually run for like an hour and a half to an hour and forty minutes and hour and twenty They kind of vary. We are going to this month trial something new, and what that is is we're going to bring you our Tuesday episode, which will be the shorter catch up episode between Brita and I talking about what's happening in the world, something that comes from pop culture, our own lives, basically the intro that's already existing on our Tuesday episodes. That's going to be a standalone episode and that is what this is. And then on Wednesday, we're going to drop the interviews. And the reason why we decided to split these out is based off your feedback and what you guys are loving and what you guys are wanting to listen to, and it means that you're going to be able to one you can listen to everything, or two, if there's an episode and an interview that you really really really want to hear, you can kind of go straight to that instead of having to jump ahead to listen to the interview.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you want to go through and you pick somebody that is of interest to you in an interview, you do want to go straight there. And other times you want to listen to all the banter and the fun stuff. You guys are getting the same amount of content and the same amount of quality, but we're just making it easier to get to.
Speaker 3: All the parts.
Speaker 1: So from here on in, we're trialing this month, and we figured this was the month to do it because we're on live tour.
Speaker 3: We're shaking it up.
Speaker 1: So Tuesdays is going to be the fun catch up banter, Wednesdays is going to be the interviews, and then Thursdays is going to be Asking Cut exactly the same. Nothing's changed with Asking Cut, and I I'm feeling good about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm feeling good about too.
Speaker 2: I Also, I think it's going to be a really exciting month in terms of content because we are doing the live shows. If you this is your reminder, if you haven't got your tickets, go and pick them ut from Life on Cut podcast dot com dot you. We start this weekend Sunday.
Speaker 3: Is that a very best show? Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Know that's my nervous Okay, So Sunday our first show. We're kicking it off in Adelaide. But also what we're going to be doing this month is we're gonna have some bonus episodes. We're gonna drop a couple of episodes which will be some of the interviews from the live shows as well. Now we're not dropping all the the interviews, but we're picking out some of our favorite bits and they're going to be tiny, little bonus episodes as well.
Speaker 3: So it is a good month for laf on Card. All right, I have a question. Oh yeah, I saw this on Reddit. There is a woman that was married to her husband and.
Speaker 1: She said that the relationship was struggling a little bit. They weren't sure what it was going to happen with it, so she cheated on him. Then COVID struck and they rekindled the relationship because they got stuck in a house together and they refell.
Speaker 3: Back in love.
Speaker 1: Then she started to feel guilty that she had cheated on him this one time. She didn't know what to do about it, so she went to a church, went to a priest and confessed to get off her chest. And she also wanted to just have a really open, non judgmental discussion with someone that's not biased. Didn't feel like she could go to a friend, so she went to the one place she thought she could trust. So she went to the priest. She confessed, and he said, you have to tell him, like you have to repent, get it off your chest, heal things together and work it out. Even if it doesn't heal, you have to have this discussion. And that's my advice.
Speaker 3: Say ten hail Mary's and our fathers and off your gout. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she left and she thought she's just going to sit on it for a while because she didn't know if.
Speaker 3: When how to broach it.
Speaker 1: She decided because things were so good and it was one mistake that she wasn't going to tell him. But then the priest followed up with the husband. So the priest said, how did things go after you know?
Speaker 3: Sarah told you? And he was like no, yeah, and he was like.
Speaker 1: The husband was like what because he didn't know, So the priest outed the wife. The wife came home one day and he was throwing all her stuff out and he kicked her out. So the relationship's over because the priest spilled the goss.
Speaker 3: What do you think about who's in the wrong here? Who is in the wrong.
Speaker 2: The priest, I mean, of course she's in the wrong. Of course she did the wrong. Thing, but correct me if I'm wrong. Most people would go and speak to a priest because they think it is completely confidential. They are bound to keep it confidential. And so I think that it is that anonymity that would have made her feel safe to talk about it, and would have made her feel like she could make her own decision.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you're not religious, if you're not Catholic or Christian, you might not know this. You got a reconciliation. You go into a tiny little box. You usually can't see the priest. There's usually like a petition that separates you. You sit there by yourself and you confess your sins, and then he usually tells you six Hail Mary's and an X amount of prayers. You have to repent on your sins, and then that's going to absolve you of your sins. I mean, I went to reconciliation when I was a kid, so my memory of it is that.
Speaker 1: So I've never done it, like I don't even know, I've never even started that prespox.
Speaker 2: Well, so I've only ever been with like such trivial possums.
Speaker 1: She's laughing at my terminology that I called it a priestpot, it's the pritpot.
Speaker 2: I've never been with a complex problem, you know. I was like, seven, I've never been with a complex problem that the priest has said you need to go and explain yourself to these people. There's never been like outside ramifications other than like prayer repentance. So, for one, probably didn't overstep the line if he didn't give all the information. He just gave enough information for the husband to fill in the blank.
Speaker 3: But it's like he wanted It's like the priest low key wanted him to know. He was like, how do you drama? How do you feel after finding out about You.
Speaker 2: Know, nobody's going to trust him to come to him with their problems if he's taking upon himself to be the cheating vigilante.
Speaker 1: So you think the number one thing here is because it wouldn't be the same, right if a friend of the family had found out and went and told him, Right, it wouldn't be the same kickoff. But is it just because the priest is supposed to be sworn to a level of secrecy, Because if this was like a friend of yours that you told, or a friend of a friend or somebody else had gone and said, you know what, I'm going to tell you your wife's been cheating. It's not going to have the same repercussions, is it. Is this only coming because of the fact that a priest swears to secrecy, So you feel because either way, trust is broken, right Well?
Speaker 2: I think the thing is though, when you so, if you've cheated on someone and you speak to your friend about it, they are not sworn to secrecy. You're giving them information and you might ask them not to tell anyone. And I think a lot of us have been in this situation. You're not around cheating. But in other areas, if you tell someone a secret and you say, oh, don't tell anyone, and they say, don't worry, I'll never ever tell anyone, they can really do whatever the fuck they want you with that information. There's a lot of trust that goes on there, right Like some people might tell one person, some people might take it to the grave. But I honestly think the majority of secrets that are told, you might as well assume that they've told one person, because that's kind of how these things. No one in the world keeps a secret, not in the way that you would hope them to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think maybe reflect on your own behavior.
Speaker 2: When someone tells you a secret, do you keep it one hundred percent to yourself or do you tell your boyfriend or your girlfriend or your best friend? Like are the other people in your immediate network? Who you go, Oh, I am keeping the secret? But I told that one person.
Speaker 1: Because there's always that like, Okay, I've got to tell you something, but you promise you can't tell anyone, and they always that yeah.
Speaker 3: And I guess it depends, you know.
Speaker 2: I know that there will be people who are like, no, there's things that I've been told that I've kept from my husband or from my wife or whatever, or my long term partner. But I think overarchingly and the majority, and maybe it's a this is actually a good thing to poll. I think majority of people would share other people's secrets. And often the reason for that is because they are told something and then they're asked to keep it a secret, and it waits all them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Most people, it's like they tell a story or they tell something that's happened, and then they go, oh, please don't tell anyone, and it's like, of course, I will keep your story and your secret because it is yours and it's not mine. But at the same time, you have now put that burden on me. You've put the burden of secrecy on me without me subscribing to it. The difference here is that a priest, the burden of secrecy has been assigned to him. He has taken that commitment by becoming a priest. So him sitting in that box and you going to him for a confession, there is a contract that's already been drawn up, which is that this is a place where I can tell you my deepest, darkest sins and you are not going to share them with anyone. There is a level of protection and lack of judgment that's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Say trust no one.
Speaker 1: I got pretty deep in this because I'm so fascinated because I didn't grow up in the church, so this is all new to me, and I did a bit of research.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Happened to this priest, but generally speaking, you can be excommunicated as a priest, you get kicked out of the church. You cannot tell a secret. But more so than that, which this absolutely gob smacked me a priest, because they've made this contract with God and with the church from what I read, can't even if they get information on a crime, whether it's a crime that's been committed or a crime that's going to be committed, whether that could stop somebody being hurt severely, the priest cannot tell. They also cannot give evidence in court, So if they found out something on you, something, they're not allowed to do it. Now people might disagree, but I think that is crazy. But there is an exception to that, like you don't have to report murder, be a priest does have to report anything to do with children, like child abuse and things like that, which which I was about to say, thank God, but I can't say that in this sense. I was really fascinated by the workings of the contract between a priest and the church and the God.
Speaker 3: I was fascinated by it.
Speaker 2: Which also makes you a question like, is this the most scandalous thing this priest has ever heard that someone within his network has cheated or their husband. Surely surely not, like he's not getting any sort of tip off some murders, is he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But also she can't sue, she's not that sue. I checked that as well. Why who fucking knows he can't report murder? She can't sue him. It's just.
Speaker 1: Why is the most commonly asked question generally left unanswered.
Speaker 2: I wonder I think that there's also a bigger conversation here around like, if you're someone who's cheated on your husband or your partner and it's a once off and you never ever ever plan on doing it again, and you have made peace with yourself and you know that you're never going to do it again, is it always the right thing to tell them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I actually again, I feel like I'm opening myself up for some heat this week. I think there are some situations where it's probably okay. I think if you were in a rocky place, you made one mistake one night which you deeply regret, and you're working towards fixing that, and.
Speaker 3: You know you have a family and whatever else, I think there are.
Speaker 1: Certain times that it might be okay to not say that and get on with life.
Speaker 3: I do, But I know that's also controversial.
Speaker 2: Man, It's so hard because, like, you know, I know that from someone Like My initial response to this is like I would want to know, right, I want to know. I don't want that to be secrets. I don't want someone to make a decision for me, and I don't want to be in a relationship where there has been secrecy and I haven't had.
Speaker 3: The opportunity to make my own decision.
Speaker 2: But then I've spoken to Mad about this in the past, and Matt has said directly, if you cheated on me, if you were out drunk and you cheated on me and you never were going to do it again and it meant nothing and you regretted it, he was like, I don't want to know, because I don't want you to offload your guilt, your feelings of betrayal and then ruin my views of our relationship because of something that you regret. It's one of those things, right, It's it's so complex and so complicated and so individual to the relationship that you're in and the old Brittany.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have changed.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's so nice to reflect sometimes even from the four years from when the podcast started.
Speaker 3: It's changed your perspective.
Speaker 1: My perspective has changed on so many things. The old me would have been like, you fucking cheat on me once you're out the door, because I was cheated on so many times. And the old me would have said, if you've cheated on me, i'd want to know. I don't necessarily feel like that now, And I'm trying to think of if Ben exactly what you just said, Laura, with like you and Matt reverse, if Ben went out one night, which I know he would never do, but he made one big mistake and then pleasing me th reast of my life and being a great husband, gone down to me every day, riding me into the sunset. If I could sit on his face. But if he was so sorry, I wouldn't want him to tell me because once that's there and that information is in the relationship, whether you want it to.
Speaker 3: Or not, it changes thing. So it does.
Speaker 1: It's always going to be in the forefront, in the backfront, in your subconscious, in you like.
Speaker 3: It just changes things.
Speaker 1: So I definitely do now think that there are times and situations that you know, sometimes better to keep to yourself.
Speaker 2: And you know what, everybody is going to show up to this differently. Everyone's going to have a different opinion. If you disagree with this, that's okay, Like we are not saying this and thinking like that everyone is going to agree with us, because I think it is a bit of a controversial opinion on cheek and cheating is so not black and white.
Speaker 3: We all know that.
Speaker 2: But I do think that sometimes there is this almost like like I said, passing of the guilt, passing of the responsibility. I feel so guilty for what I've done that you need to know because it makes me feel better. But all I'm doing is making you feel shit in the process as well, So I wonder if that plays a part in it. But like I said, I don't have there's no rule, there's no right and wrong.
Speaker 3: What would it be if you reversed your situation? So you said if you cheated, Matt wouldn't want to know what if he had done it once?
Speaker 2: So if he had done it once, I wouldn't want to know. But if there was ever the opportunity that I might find out, I would want to know. Because the problem is is that if you find out in a way, for example, like this instance, finding out from the priest, if you find out from a way that feels more disrespectful, then I think that that is where it becomes just like just an absolute battlefield that you're never ever going to win. So so true, Yeah, hang on, okay, second question, more hypotheticals, Part two.
Speaker 3: You just said that you like repented when you were seven. What did you repent at seven?
Speaker 2: Okay, so my I have a very interest. I would say, no, it's not an interesting relationship with the church.
Speaker 3: It's not interesting at all.
Speaker 2: It's a very stop standard relationship with the church. Where I was brought up Catholic, we did everything, we did reconciliation, communion, confirmation, and you're six. I went to Catholic schools. My dad is Irish Catholic, and he was really set on us being brought up in the church.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually didn't really know that. I knew that you like popped your hand in every now and again, but I didn't know you were like.
Speaker 2: No, we were like yeah, so we were really brought up within the church. So when I was I don't know, kind of remember like in you no, it's not even your six, it's like you three or something.
Speaker 3: You do you're like eight years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were okay when you were like in primary school, like the in the first couple of years you do reconciliation. You have to learn this whole thing, and you go up and you say the prayer and then there's a ceremony.
Speaker 3: Anyway you do reconciliation.
Speaker 2: Then you've got to go every Sunday and you repent your sins right.
Speaker 3: In the priest box, and you sit in the priest box.
Speaker 2: And you're painting your sins to the priest who's hit hideing behind the curtain. So the thing is is like, I mean, you know, I don't think I was. I was always in trouble, but I don't think I was a particularly naughty kid, right. I felt like, well, what do you have to repent for? Like what's the things that I'm supposed to say that I did? So I always felt like I didn't have something to apologize that was big enough, that was worthy of apologizing for, you know, like, yeah, I'm sure I was mean to my sister whatever, like you know those sorts of things like every kid. But I didn't have like I thought I needed to go to the priest with a specific thing every week, So like I stole something or I did.
Speaker 3: So I would lie to the priest.
Speaker 2: I would make up stories and I'd be like, oh, like, you know, I need to say that I'm sorry because I stole lollies from the corner store.
Speaker 3: Never did it, Oh, never did it.
Speaker 2: So I made up crimes, So every week I would lie to the priest about what I'd done to then have to say our fathers and Hail Mary's and everything.
Speaker 3: Do you think he knew? No? I think he thinks I was a fucking really naughty kid.
Speaker 1: Did you ever did you talk amongst yourselves as kids about this kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Like do you talk to each other about what you repented or that you lie?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Does anyone ever know? Why have you taken that to the grave?
Speaker 2: I ended up talking to my sister about it as like as an adult, and she thought it was funny because she also did the same thing. But her lives would be things like I stole my sister's hair brush and didn't give it back, or I'm so sorry that I didn't make my bed this morning because my sister was so well behaved, and there I was like doing Petty Cris.
Speaker 3: Corner store. That weren't true. How do you ever steal something as a kid? Never I did the lie.
Speaker 2: I stole some stickers from Missus Gillis and she caught me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I did as a kid? We were really healthy, a really healthy family. We weren't off in allowed treats unless it was like we're on holiday or as a special event or a birthday or whatever, and one of my friends was allowed any jung food she wanted, and she always had that hubber bubba, you know, the bubble gum that came in to meat along you could pull it out. She always had that, and we were never allowed to have it. Firstly, it was sugar and shit. Secondly it was a choking hazard, apparently, my mum said. And then like we'd always swallow it. And you know the old myth that it gets stuck in your body for like twenty five years, probably still in there now, so I remember, I'm not twenty five anymore.
Speaker 3: But sorry, thirty six. I really wanted his hub bubba.
Speaker 1: And I remember we were at like a Target store and mom was going through the checkout and they always have the lallies at the checkout, and I was like, fuck it, now's my time. So I took a hub Bubba put in my pocket, and we almost liked the shopping center, and I couldn't wait. I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to get home to try the thing that I stole.
Speaker 3: So I pulled my mouth and put my mout mom goes, what are you chewing? And I was like nothing. She goes, spit it out. So I spat it out and it was huba babba. She goes, where'd you go that from? And I had to tell her that I stole it.
Speaker 1: She walked me back inside in front of everyone, back to the lady, back to the counter, and I had to tell everyone that I stole it. I was so embarrassed and I had to give it back and we had to pay for it. And I'm never but you know what, good on your mum, because I've never been more embarrassed. But I never stole again because I was like, I never want to feel this. I had tell everyone, goes, tell everyone what you did.
Speaker 3: I was like, I stole it. I'm humiliated for you. That was a kid. Moms like you can't, you cannot steal.
Speaker 2: That's like really good parenting. It was good parent I would do the same. I would humiliate my children to prove a point.
Speaker 1: But she is like, if you know you're old enough to steal it, you're old enough to apologize and give back. And I was like, fucking fair court. I didn't say fair court, a fair court hour.
Speaker 2: Well, there's something else I wanted to talk to you about have you seen any of the series Selling the OC.
Speaker 1: I know what you're gonna say, because I've seen this conversation going around hit me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so selling the OC now. Look, I'm not watching it. But the reason why I want to talk about this is because the TV series has made its way into our Facebook group. There was a little discussion on the page about season two.
Speaker 3: There is a character.
Speaker 2: His name is Austin, and he is married to a woman named Lisa. They have two daughters, twins. Yeah, and they have a little beautiful family.
Speaker 1: And selling the OC, so you know, is like another version of like selling Sunset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a reality show. Now.
Speaker 2: Look, Austin, he was speaking to one of his friends, and this is a theme that's come up a couple of times in the most recent episodes. He was speaking to one of his friends about how his wife is a bit baby crazy at the moment, how she's got baby fever. She wants them to have another kid. He's not ready to have another kid after having their twins. Financially, he doesn't feel ready, emotionally, mentally, whatever other reasons, he doesn't feel ready. And what he has said that his wife is doing is that she is baby trapping him. So basically, when they're having sex, she is putting her legs around him and making him come inside her.
Speaker 3: Well, she called it a leg he called it a leg lock. Okay, I have listened to this. I love my life, I love my kids and wife, and she's got baby fever right now. So she's then taking her legs and leg locking me.
Speaker 1: Really mean, she works out legs all the time.
Speaker 3: And then he's just like she just jiu jitsues you and your pregnant. Yeah, that's exactly what does. It's a jiu jitsu leg lock, sexual hype pig. That sounds fine, now it's fuck that now.
Speaker 2: There was quite the debate in the Facebook group about this as to who was in the wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should she'd be able to jiu jitsu him into having a baby and the.
Speaker 2: Question and yeah, And I think it was really interesting in the Facebook group because it was really interesting to see how divisive everyone is and how people's opinions sat on either side. I really wanted to get your opinion on this, brit and what you think and who do you think is in the wrong? In this conversation around one about consent and two about this idea of baby trapping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my opinion has changed and it's gone back and forth. My immediate opinion like without thought, right, you know, when you read something or you hear something, My immediate thought was, that's fucked, Like, you can't do that. You can't wrap your legs around and trap them in at the crucial moment so they can't pull out and make him come inside you like at the end of the day, that is not consensual. If he was planning on pulling out, it's really fucked. Yeah, But then I thought, Okay, it's still fucked. But it takes two to tango. If you don't want a kid, why an't you wearing a condom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is my question. Consent can change it any time. You all know that.
Speaker 1: And consense still matters. Doesn't matter if you've be married for twenty five years, consense still matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel exactly like you do in terms of like my opinion flip flopped when I very first heard it. I feel like I have complex feelings around it because at the same time, I think that there is so much responsibility on women to completely take ownership of fertility, like men don't have to do anything. We have to do the contraception, We have to do the ovulation planning, we have to do the baby brearing and growing and everything else. Like, the responsibility of that completely falls on us. And so if you're having consensual sex, whether it's in a relationship or not in a relationship, as a man, if you don't want children, then I think you need to take some responsibility for the contraception in that as well. Now, the flip side of this is it's interesting how when it's reversed, we are talking about it as though it's funny on a TV show, Like it was done in a very lighthearted way on this series.
Speaker 1: The way they converse about it, I was like, this can't really be a problem for you. It was such a throwaway comment and I was sort of giggling with each other. I was like, I don't understand why you're delivering it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it seemed like he was taking it seriously. But at the same time, if this conversation was reversed and the genders were reversed, we would see this incredibly differently, Like it wouldn't be grey, it would be very black and white. If the story was that a man was pinning a woman down there having consensual sex and then he wanted to come in her because he wanted to get her pregnant. And I think that that's an important point to make around how one version of this story is black and white and one version is gray. But I hate the term baby trapping because I think it paints women as being manipulative. It paints women as being someone who's deceptive, who's trying to do anything to get what they want. But at the same time, I really do think that men have to take some responsibility for their fertility and if they are in a situation where they feel as though they don't have control because the woman has the upper hand in it. Where are condom, it's very very clear cut, and then you won't have to have this around pulling out or not pulling out, because we all know that it's not you can't. You don't just get pregnant from the final ejaculation. You can get pregnant from pre com you can get pregnant. The pull out method is no, not one hundred percent, and so I think that that puts way more emphasis on, like the woman being the.
Speaker 3: Bad person in this situation. It's also so important to have both sides of the story right. So his wife did also respond, I think in the past few weeks, I've decided that I don't want you my children. Well, I've decided in the past few weeks that I do. So I know you leaklocked me and they'll keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously it's irrelevant whether they're joking or not. It's brought up a bigger issue that a lot of people are talking about, and I think it's a really important issue to talk about, which is the change of consent at any moment in any type of relationship. So, whether they mental or not, they've started a very important conversation off the back of it.
Speaker 3: But they're both responsible.
Speaker 1: In this situation, and I feel like they're both in the wrong. Maybe not necessarily. The onus is in fifty to fifty, but they both can He can take some responsibility. He also has to have a conversation with her and say you cannot do that anymore. So the consent is clear and she needs to respect that because exactly what you said, Laura, it's a great if this role was reversed, these conversations would be a lot more serious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'd be throwing around sexual assault allegations beyond you know, it would be such a different discourse that we would be having. I think that this is a topic that's going to have some pretty polarizing opinions on it, and it did definitely in the Facebook thread there was some fore and against. But I would love to know how people feel and where people sit on this, and whether this is something that you think lies more with the female, or whether it's lies more with the male in this instance, or whether it's something that mutually they have full responsibility for and that sits somewhere fifty to fifty. I would love to know if you're listening to this, like, please tell us what you think of it, because usually we come up with an end result where we feel pretty solid, But in this instance, I think it's like both people and both parties are at fault here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm just thinking back over the years. It actually makes me really really angry. The narrative of when a guy says, yeah, but she fucking went and got pregnant to trap him. She didn't go and get pregnant, Like I mean, yeah, okay, she did get pregnant, but how did she get pregnant with his sperm?
Speaker 3: Totally? And of course there are.
Speaker 1: Some women out there that purposely try and get pregnant for whatever isn't I mean, we remember the Drake Hot Sauce saga.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that Drake Hot Sauce saga?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there are of course, there are going to be women in the world, but this general idea of and it usually happens in younger relationships or relationships that are quite new. This is when I have heard people this sort of a commentary, and it's when I don't like it. It's when maybe someone stated for six months, she gets pregnant, and people are like, oh my god, she got pregnant just to lock him down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even I think the issue with the whole Drake Sauce saga, which I mean Treke Sauce Okay, the issue with that is that is the minority, and then it's used as a conversation to paint women as the majority.
Speaker 3: That's the problem, right.
Speaker 2: These things are few and far between, but they are used and they are weaponized, and I think that that is very misleading. It is time for our favorite part of every episode, and I should just say Tuesday episodes now and that is accidentally unfiltered. All right, I'm going to kick it off. I've done the most embarrassing thing when drunk on a hens. So the night was going as planned. We ended our night at the male strip show one. I was very excited about. All the bridesmaids got caught on stage for a special show. My task was to get into my favorite sex position. So here I am in a mini dress with my bum hanging out in doggie, with the male stripper pulling my hair making my best orgasm sounds.
Speaker 3: Your girl really put on a show.
Speaker 2: The girls have filmed it, and in my drunken state, I thought it would be a great idea to send it to my fun auntie.
Speaker 3: That's never a good idea.
Speaker 2: I lookt everyone has an auntie that you could send this to. Actually I don't. My auntie would not appreciate this, but some people do, all right, the fun auntie. I wake up in the morning with the scaries, you know, the hangover scaries that you feel when you're like, fuck, what have I done last night? And I checked my phone. Turns out I didn't send it to my auntie. I sent it to my uncle. That's the message had been read and he never replied.
Speaker 3: What are you going to reply to that?
Speaker 1: Look having a fun note sweet like no, that's always where you control alt delete and pretended dinner You don't?
Speaker 3: You just completely.
Speaker 2: I wish you could control alt delete your life like every soft And when I do something wrong, I'm like I troll.
Speaker 3: Drinking, do not disturb, get your phone off, don't.
Speaker 1: It's never ever a good idea like never good I do okay many means Ago. I was flying to New York after a sweet sweet week in Cancoon. I can confirm I wasn't the healthiest way when hopping on that flight. Zero sleep and very hungover.
Speaker 2: I'm sure something else as well about Yeah.
Speaker 1: About four hours into the flight, I had to use the restroom as I was feeling sick. Luckily for me, I was able to use one of the paper thin vomit bags to catch the spew whilst.
Speaker 3: I was on the toilet pants down. This was a lot of vomit.
Speaker 1: However, the bag breaks and the vomit spills out and landing my unties. I attempt to shovel the spew from my undies into the sink slash bin slash toilet slash all of the above. I quickly realized it's not working and proceed to rip my un he's off into the bin as I was wearying just leggings but the cube because was too tiny to attempt to move around in anyway. Success undiser off and I've bidden them. Moments later, after I returned to my seat, they made an announcement that they had to shut the toilet and advise passengers to only use the toilet up the front. I single handedly shut down the toilet.
Speaker 3: What ify? Do you know what I actually said? Me sort of did that.
Speaker 2: Nothing like the person who had gastrow on that flight that had to be redirecting.
Speaker 3: No, this rings like this hit home for me because when I was in New York.
Speaker 1: Remember I've always told you guys that story about I went overseas with my boyfriend of a couple of months.
Speaker 3: We broke up like one week into the six week trip, right, Yeah, the first the farta.
Speaker 1: The first thing I did when we broke up was I went to New York and I did what anyone did, and I was like, fuck this, I'm going to go out on my own basically and get liddy.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big partier.
Speaker 1: So I I messaged one person that I knew from years ago that I knew was in New York. It was a doctor I had worked with like eight years ago, and I was like, you're the only person I know this is my situation. He's like, oh, oh my god, yes, I'll take you out, like, let's have fun. So we went out drinking all night shots. I don't do shots, and then you know those she shot like this, yes, why So I started to do with those, and I didn't know you shouldn't do those.
Speaker 3: I've never done them. I started smoking those and I did that whilst I was drinking. Anyway, my flight was six am. The next morning.
Speaker 1: I got home at like four am, vomiting everywhere I get. I almost missed my plane. I get to New York Airport and vomit on the floor of the airport and the vomit was like purple.
Speaker 3: Because of the she sha color, so my I was projected. I can't believe I let me on the plane.
Speaker 1: I was vomiting everywhere and it was like it was disgusting, and got onto the plane, vomited all over the toilet, the bathroom floor had to scoop it. Up off the toilet floor of the plane, but they didn't close the plane.
Speaker 3: But that like this for me, that was my worst travel moment in history. So I really feel for this girl.
Speaker 2: I once caught vomiting my own hands on a Country Link train heading to Wollongong and then had to drop on the floor because I didn't really think through what I was doing and.
Speaker 3: How did you drop it on the floor. I was like, where am I going to take this? There was so much of it had overflowed already.
Speaker 1: I just went straight into my hands and I was like, didn't think you got the toilet?
Speaker 3: I don't. It just came out of nowhere. Yeah, that was that was me in New York. See me sometimes when it comes, it comes. It was after a Kings of Leon concert. Is that what they're called anyway? I was at that concept. Oh so bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well look guys, like we said, we are doing things differently this week. We have my interview tomorrow, so you are getting not extra because it's the same amount of content, but you just get in an extra EP in your inbox this week, which I'm so excited about tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: We are speaking about narcissism.
Speaker 2: We're doing a massive deep dive into We're going to do this as a two part are. Actually tomorrow's one is more around narcissism and dating, what it's like if you're dating someone who's narcissistic, how you can spot that, how you recover from dating a narcissist.
Speaker 3: And then the part two.
Speaker 2: Of this series that we're going to do is going to be all around into family narcissism. So, for example, if you have a parent who is a narcissist, if you've grown up in that type of household, how you can deal with conflict within family members, or if you're co parenting with a narcissist when it's a situation.
Speaker 1: Where you can't get away from them. Yeah, we're speaking to a woman called Nova Gibson, who we absolutely love. She's the author of Fake Love and she's also has childrenone's a counseling service. Fake Love is understanding and healing from narcissistic abuse. So Nova is definitely the woman to speak to you on this topic. And unashamedly, Laura and I are like pretty obsessed with the topic of narcissism. I think because we've got a level of lived experience, but I just find it so fascinating. I think even if I didn't have a lived experience the topic of narcissism, everyone knows someone in their life in some capacity, whether it's just a work colleague. I feel like everyone is going to come across a narcissist in their life, and this is a really great tool set to have to go into these relationships so you know how to handle them.
Speaker 3: So it's a really great episode.
Speaker 1: I can't wait you listen to it, and then I can't wait to do the second episode on the family Narcissism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's going to be dropping tomorrow on Wednesday. Guys, if you have any ask gun Cuts, if you have any funny accidentally unfiltered stories, we are bringing Accidently Unfiltered back. It's gonna be on every episode. Send in your most embarrassing stories because we absolutely need them. And also, if you haven't yet voted for us in the Australian Podcast Awards and you love Life Uncut and you want to give us a little vote, go jump onto the website. There is If you type in Australian Podcast Awards, it'll come up. You can basically go on there type in Life Uncut in the Listener's Choice Award. The reason why this is so important is because I mean that they give out heaps of awards, but it's very like political, it's very industry podcasting, and the Listener's Choice is the one award that really matters because it's what you guys are listening to and it's the podcast that you love, so we would appreciate it so much if you would vote for.
Speaker 1: Life on Cut. Don't forget, so you mum, toe, your dad, tell you dog, tell friends, and share the love because we love love.
Speaker 3: Wakamadagamaka baba kaaba