Speaker 1: Now, Mitch, you're usually the one on this show who brings the TikTok trends because you're on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'm Jens, I'm young, I'm you for.
Speaker 1: You, You're on the cusp. Okay, I'm spoken about that. I'm not on TikTok. But I do enjoy a little bit of a like a lurk, Like I like sitting. I like being on there and seeing what people are doing, but I don't post.
Speaker 3: Actually, Laura is one of those people that goes, did you see this trend? It's called the Harlem shape? Because she's on reels on Instagram and she gets it three years later.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 5: I don't even look on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Laura's like, do you want to do the ice bucket challenge this morning? Guys?
Speaker 5: Is anyone playing King still? Because I'm all about it?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, maybe this isn't a new thing, but it's something that I came across on the weekend, and I was really shocked by how prolific it is, because like, as I was flicking, it was like I was seeing more and more people who are doing this certain type of trend. Now, I'm not entirely sure if it's a trend, but I wanted to get your take on this. So recently, you guys might have seen there was a TikTok creator. Her name was Reesa Tisa and she did the MEI real name, Reesa Tisa, I think it's her TikTok name. She did a mini series and it was called who the F Did I Marry?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: The whole world was across this, britt you show minutes. This was massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this time I had thirty seven million views across several videos.
Speaker 5: I think like thirty eight Now, I'm sure it's going up.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Sten here it's going up by million. That's a listen.
Speaker 5: I have a listened to this.
Speaker 4: Here is part one of Who the SI Did? I'm married? So I met my ex husband around March fourth of twenty twenty. We met on Facebook dating site and we also matched on Hinge. By the way, you will notice in this story I called it the United Nations of Red Flags. It is so many red flags that I mean, you would have thought I was color blind because I ignored all of them.
Speaker 2: I gots it now hit fifty million by since we played that audio clip.
Speaker 1: Just give you a live updates.
Speaker 5: That's how I roll here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the reason why Tisa Risa went so viral.
Speaker 3: Story sorry an hour ago, wassa ta Now it's tasta.
Speaker 1: Esa though Tisasa's the reason why it went viral is because she was outing her cheating husband. Now this is set a precedent across TikTok where it seems like more people are using the platform to talk about and to share like quite controversial stories about how their partners have cheated on them. They're gaining huge engagement for it, and they're creating little mini series. Now, my question to you guys is, and we've all, unfortunately all three of us have been in situations in past relationships where we've been cheated on. Do you think it is okay to use your social media platform to out your cheating partner.
Speaker 5: It's a tough one.
Speaker 6: I mean I never ever have, and I obviously have, I guess one of the biggest platforms not to sound that like say that in a big headed way, but like we have our podcast Laura, which has a lot of listeners millions and millions line, so we have a national radio show.
Speaker 5: Like I could annihilate.
Speaker 6: Someone and I had someone that had like a double life cheated on me for years and I never ever outed that person, and I did start the podcast based off that.
Speaker 5: Actually, my podcast success is based off the fact.
Speaker 6: That he cheated on me, but I never outed in my name, occupation, any other details. And I think that's for me, don't I don't see the point. I think some things are better left for you to deal with and move on, like somethings a private but also like from that's the kind of person that I am right like, even though they've done the wrong thing by me, I don't get off on bringing someone else down and doing this huge pylon because what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: People are gonna go and hate on that person. Like, what's the point for me.
Speaker 6: I find it better and more healing to forget about it, move on myself and not drag it on for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think though you've got to look long term, because my issue with it is imagine you post these tiktoks right that you're watching Laura and then getting millions of views, and then a year passes, you enter a new relationship, you're dating someone.
Speaker 2: That you really like, and then they.
Speaker 3: Go, oh, I'm gonna do a little little search on this person that I'm dating, and then all of a sudden, Yeah, they stalk you. They scroll back and they see you out in a cheating X talking bad about an X. To me, if that was me and I was with someone, you major red.
Speaker 5: FD because then you're like, oh, are they going to do that to me when I cheat on them?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's not what I mean. Vindictive. Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't yuck.
Speaker 1: But also I agree with you Brick completely, like I don't want to be that person. But also there's a part of me that kind of goes well for so long if people have been cheated on and there's no retribution, like you don't, No one wins in that situation. You get cheated on, you have to move forward and you have to just get over it. And I feel like some of these TikTok creators they're kind of getting their own revenge in doing this, and also by getting their revenge, they also getting huge platforms off the back of it. So it's kind of I think it's an interesting tactic and it is kind of changing the way we talk about cheating a little bit.
Speaker 6: But in terms of like, quote, get away with it, what I did was make sure that everyone that mattered in our lives.
Speaker 5: Knew, like they knew the reason.
Speaker 6: His people knew the reason, his like work colleagues, and his family and everyone knew what he did.
Speaker 5: And everyone in my family knew.
Speaker 6: But I don't need one hundred thousand strangers to know that does that does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I did?
Speaker 3: I when I found out that I was being cheated on, I went through and found all their instagrams. There's a bunch of them, and I sent them all an individual voice note, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, match and then block them, every single one radio presenter.
Speaker 3: I wanted them to know the voice because they might not know don't have the followings of Brittany Hockley, so might I know their voice from the pick up?
Speaker 2: So I genuinely sent them more voice notes and then block them all.
Speaker 6: You made the same thing, right, You're letting them know that you know, and then you're cutting them.
Speaker 2: From your lives. And that's just that makes me feel good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I find it in a really interesting space. And I do think.
Speaker 1: You know, we live in a world now where people share everything online, and we share so much of our personal lives, and this is just a whole new added layer that people are exposing on their tiktoks, and it does beg the question when do we keep anything for ourselves.
Speaker 3: It's for followers, We don't yeh refa tifa if you want to follow them on so me for beef.