Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast yesterday, I'll show then we were doing our eighties out of the nineties and it's all about the letter P. Jack and I rewatched the point break over the weekend and went through that, and then the letter P was also about the posters you had on your bedroom wall, and we started to get into a strange area with the posters on A warned I've got to be honest. I took us there. I made it a little bit weird. And I'm not the only one that did this. A lot of other people have come forward since my words yesterday about a poster I had in my bedroom war when I was in my early teens.
Speaker 1: You know when you had a certain chapter in your teenage journey things are changing, raging hormones and all that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I had to call the chapter on that being raging hormost's raging more raging hormones that they're raging. The changes are aggressive for a young boy, a young boy who had a kind of shrine to Susanna Hoffs from the Bengals. Just a post but it was right by my pillow, so I would literally touch the poster before going to bed. All right, and all it was was a friendly touch of a young innocent child with raging form books.
Speaker 1: This is now press conference. My name is Jordan Degoi. So stroke or just.
Speaker 2: Stroking involved the ranging hormones. There was no stroking involved.
Speaker 1: It was simply just like a pat pat a nice part, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Patsy you you used to have a relationship with some of your posters.
Speaker 3: Jason Donovan his neighbor's poster with his big mullet and a pink shirt.
Speaker 4: And I think he had like a pink denim shirt and I used to kiss it every night.
Speaker 1: It was right up near my bed head. And is it true that you cut out a little hole on his lips so you can put your tongue some kind of glory hole. That's something that's just not on. That was you with your dragons, yeah, dungeons or those wages perats. You know, I will not be judged you.
Speaker 2: With a teenage boy who basically with his raging hormones, had ten friends. At night, he would line up wizards watching him to do Goodness knows what with your little.
Speaker 1: The wizards had nothing to do with Ragie. Why were they in the bedroom when he just lived there because people thought.
Speaker 2: They live their daddy and even touching the wizards the point of Marri's points of the.
Speaker 1: Pentangle, and you've still got the same posters a not.
Speaker 2: Just that, pat Also, this is a guy who who arranged a mysterious shelf.
Speaker 1: The shelf existed, the shelf was already above the bed, the.
Speaker 2: Shelf like a prison boat. And who was up there on the top and what she now? She was the top, You are the bottom.
Speaker 1: What we want to know is did anyone else kiss.
Speaker 2: My wife used to kiss her Luke Skywalker poster good night every night like that before when she was I think she's two. Anyone else have a relationship with their poster?
Speaker 1: Did you touch your poster in any way? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was it a kind of shine? And this isn't an adult thing. This is when you're a teenager.
Speaker 1: You know, Jack had his little wizards. He was half skepped me through that period in my life. Patsy had Jason Donovan.
Speaker 2: I hope you had somebody the other things to this, right, So posters on your teenage bedroom walls, did you have any kind of relationship with them?
Speaker 1: Touching, patting, winking, whatever? It was? All right? I said, winking, that's someone made that crystal clip hashtags. It's not Wingates and it's not just no.
Speaker 2: The other thing is yesterday we didn't read this out on air, but one of you, pat said that he had a poster, right, so everyone was like, everyone was calling in.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh, that made sense. There were big stars of the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then he said he had a poster of Kevin Rudd. That's weird, I know, Patsy, this is amazing, right, Kevin Rudd in his bedroom a poster of Kevin Rudd. Now, nothing against sir Kevin Rudd. Oh it's not a political thing, but these are teenage bedrooms. Who's raging hormones are taking him down the poster shop and saying, have you got any Kevin rudds? Literally, thank god you're here today. This is the last one we had. All the mailing monros have gone and we're down to a last Kevin Rudd. There's a load of Back to the Future ones, but there's only one Rud. There's only one Ruddy. So that's a strange poster.
Speaker 1: We want to know.
Speaker 2: Weird posters are that as well, So anything to do with posters Welcome to the Poster Our.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I just finished listening to yesterday's podcast. Do we know how Alfred's early morning proposal when som Lisa. No, we haven't heard from him since yesterday. We've tried to get a hold of in the team, trying to reach out to Alfred after the show.
Speaker 1: He is in the wind.
Speaker 2: We do not know what's happened, or whether it's just wrapping up that poem. We can only imagine that she said yes and they're out celebrating somewhere and no time to pick up the.
Speaker 1: Phone's not the way I've been pitching it.
Speaker 2: I've got to be honest. I love the optimism thing, all right. Nine four one four one o four three posters on your teenage bedroom wall? Did you touch them? Did you have a relationship with him? Did he kiss them?
Speaker 1: Good night?
Speaker 2: Jacqueline Christian Duran Duran fifteen year old me would kiss Simon Leabon good night every night on the lips. Christian bit random, But I had Michael J. Fox on my wall. It's not random at all. If he was a guy who worked down you know, the print shop, that's random. He was one of the biggest movie stars in the world. He's like the biggest st of the eighties.
Speaker 1: Says nothing random about it. If you had Doc Brown up there, that's random.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Christian. I would kiss Michael J. Fox good night. This is song Heaven with my ice pink lipstick. I petted my John bon Jerby posters so heavily eventually kissed away his entire mouth, exposing slobbered clipboard wallpaper underneath. That's the spirit of my youth right there, Jason. I had a double sided poster. One side was even Nix, the other was Kim Wilde. I made sure they both got equal time facing me in the bedroom throughout the week. Squad rotation. Right, ladies, you're both gonna get time with the Jase. It's okay. I have bond Jovi and I would always kiss him good night. I then started two timing him with Johnny depp arrival poster next to him, but they both got extra caresses at bedtime. These are great nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, Sarah, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Christian, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How are you Yeah, we're going to Sarah? So Sarah, who was on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 5: I was absolutely utterly obsessing new kids on the block. There was not one piece of my room wasn't covered with it. The roof included, and I had don as pajamas. My nan crocheted you know, and new kids on the block you know, blanket for me and surprised me with it. I used to kiss Joe because Joe was my favorite, and he's just above my bed. I kiss him goodnight and then I'd sleep with kissing to the others and say thank you for bringing me so much joy today, like you guys do.
Speaker 3: I love I love music.
Speaker 5: And mom shouted me to their concept and she got me a badge of Jordan's. I'm like, well, why did you bring me his home?
Speaker 3: Worth it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: She didn't get it all.
Speaker 1: This is so delightful. I have to say, this is so nice. I love your Nan, your mom. What an awesome family you had.
Speaker 5: Oh they Yeah. Music is just you know, sets me free and listening to you guys all day, like I never feel sad, really so, and that's how they used to make me feel.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible. What was it like when you finally got to see them? Did it live up to the bedroom hype?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? And I knew all the moons and everything.
Speaker 2: They were huge, weren't they new kids on the block.
Speaker 1: Just massive they were.
Speaker 2: And it was also a pretty internet as well. So actually, in a way, I think it made it bigger. They were somehow bigger because nowadays you can see all your favorite bands on Instagram and videos and stuff out there. Team made it even more potent, I think, which is why.
Speaker 5: We videos were so good, you know, video hits. I used to sit there and found the TV video constantly and rage, you know, the film clips and stuff.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what, Sarah, I've got a pair of tickets, so I was going to give them away later on the show, but you're such a big proper music fan.
Speaker 1: We've got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 2: All the tickets going south today at Ticketmaster to one Electric Day it's back at Mornington Racecourse, Susy Quatro, Noise Works, the Angels, Baby, that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you the ticket, all right. I'll give you the tickets dragging for.
Speaker 5: Me all the time, which I just love to thank you.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, Sarah, Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 5: Thanks Dale, have a great day, Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Well. Christian Connell's Show podcast Nicky's actually listening to this, and she's gone on Google and she's trying to find the.
Speaker 1: Exact Brad Pitt posts that she used to have. She just found it. She sent to me.
Speaker 2: It's the one when he Brad first came on the scene of Legends of the Fall, when he had that long Yes. Yes, my nan bought it for me for my birthday when I was twelve. Its should be ushered me into my teenage years, Christian. I remember kissing it every single night, kissing Brad good night, Christian. With help some friends, I liberated a life sized cardboard cut out of Kate Bush from a local record shop. Did you steal Kate Number one? At the moment all around the world that yeah, you freed her. This is in my bedroom for many years. Sometimes I would cuddle her.
Speaker 1: Well, why is that creepier than the kiss? This is so much creepier. It just is.
Speaker 2: We all know you can't explain it, but it just is. And there was a miss Piggy poster as well, who was looking on and looking not too happy with the ongoings on. That's from Steve Christian. I was a massive John Travolta fan back in the eighties, and I would kiss his big dimple on the post. Just seeing some of these names. Erica Elania from Baywatch. I haven't said that name in about twenty years.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I would kiss her good night. Christian had an early Madonna poster, still have it. Always blew her a kiss, and then I would bow to Bruce Springsteen the other side of what a performance every night you were doing there with it. Hope you didn't boun to Madonna, but if you got the confused. Some nights, Christian I used to fall asleep under the watchful gaze of my Susie Quatro poster that was on the bedroom scening Diane, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: I had a personal relationship with a Darryl Bracelet poster on my wall when I was about thirty.
Speaker 1: This is great. It sounds like some sort of therapy sharing group. Now my name's Diane.
Speaker 4: I learned had a Key's passionate saster.
Speaker 5: And then somebody else did it. Does the curio right?
Speaker 4: After all?
Speaker 2: There was an earlier lady who said that she petted her John bon Jovi poster so much it wore out his mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it kind of does. And now look on at the station and people can hear me. Just has to stop.
Speaker 2: You need to contain yourself to carry on at work, or you'll be back there in that.
Speaker 1: Bedroom with down.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so funny. You have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Cheers, Sue, Good morning author?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But good s? Who did you have anyw bedroom all suit?
Speaker 4: Mine wasn't so much a poster as the insult of the cassette tape back in the seventies. Yeah, I wasn't allowed to put the post in the hall, but I loved the base rolls and I used to get the insert of that cassette tape and hag it every night I went to bed. I was sane in love with DeRich.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you allow the posters were in some sort of teenage penitentiary?
Speaker 1: Did you have the Dad John let go from Footloose ban Dancing? Even Andy was a lot of poster on the big one.
Speaker 5: You cast.
Speaker 4: The posters from thel cassette, So I was never let it put the moment all so I used to get the covers and I husband.
Speaker 1: My God, the forbidden fruit.
Speaker 5: Oh I love Jay.
Speaker 2: These colds are my favorite the year. So this is another great call I'm going to send your prize.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you very much. I get the feeling you're still hugging the little cassette right now around here.
Speaker 4: And we're both in rolls.
Speaker 1: Amazing, So thank you very much.
Speaker 4: To be cool.
Speaker 1: She's getting dreamy at the end. Oh my, were going to get to work. It's all too much, Christian, We're going to Michelle. Good morning, Michelle, Good morning, my daughter.
Speaker 3: This was about my daughter. She was between about the ages of seven and thirteen. Had a Justin Bieber poster that was actually a cardboard cutout. She used to kiss him three times every night before she went to bed.
Speaker 1: And wattle.
Speaker 3: And she going away for grater than you know, one or two nights. You'd have to kiss him those extra three times before. She would go for it so much that she kissed his head off's.
Speaker 1: Mouth being passed off. She kissed his head off decapitated. God, what a story. News.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you know we're still what he's head in a box.
Speaker 1: It's like seven.
Speaker 2: Oh what calls today? Michelle, will send your prize. That was outstanding. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Our job is supposed to make you guys laugh. You've actually really made us laugh. These calls are brilliant. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.