Speaker 1: Do you want to be all right? Melanie see joining us live on the show Good Morning, Good Money, Money Hey. Voice premiered here in Australia on Sunday. It just keeps getting better and better, and we've got like a fifth judge now Tones, and I what's it like being back on the Voice.
Speaker 2: Do you know what this season? I was worried because I thought last year was so much fun. Can we do it again? But you know what, it's bigger and better this year. It's the shock after shock, amazing talent and I'm feeling quite confident I could get the crown this year.
Speaker 3: Well, now you've got to compete with four other people to get contestants.
Speaker 2: That's anna, It's true, It's true. It was. It was so funny because we literally had no idea that Tones was there. They were really sneaky backstage. They were like they had like in a flightcase, wheeling around and everyone was like so poker faced. We had no idea, but it is brilliant having it. It's such a great addition to the show, and it's wonderful because it's given people another opportunity to, you know, to be able to come back in audition.
Speaker 4: I always like to think that I could one day audition for the voice because I feel like.
Speaker 3: Well, audition doesn't mean you're going to get through.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm an exceptional singer. Bart only ever in the shower?
Speaker 2: Is this thing?
Speaker 1: Right? Should we do the voice shower? Melanie?
Speaker 2: I think there's definitely a world for that. Well, it's great, isn't. You've got great acoustics. Yes, you've got all that fish chair as well, which is greatly vocal cords. And I think the thing is when you're relaxed, you do sing better. Yeah. I just I don't know how these people get up on that stage. It must be so intimidating. The chairs are facing away and they do such an incredible job. I'm always like blown away with the courage. Yeah, I always think the same thing.
Speaker 3: There you go, Yeah, Melanie, I just want to say congratulations on your wedding. Why we've missed the biggest thing here?
Speaker 2: I know. I was. It was amazing, it was perfect. It was only just over two weeks ago when it happened. So yeah, my feet haven't touched the ground really because we had a beautiful weekend with our families and friends, and then I was in Abifa, I was DJing and then like having some fun and yeah, I've literally I got home like two days ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, basically all of the Spy Skirls were there. Are not posh, there's no problem because she helped with the dress. We'll talk about. But was there a Spy Skirls song played at your wedding? I mean surely you can't get married and not have at least one.
Speaker 2: Look, there was not one Space Girls.
Speaker 3: Albums quite yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, back to back. No. We it was so lovely because myself and my husband, which I like saying because it's only pressure both us, our friends, our families were all massive music lovers and there were so many different generations there and I wanted to like have everyone satisfied. So throughout the day, in the evening, you know, we had from Motown, you know, Spice Girls. There was a bit a classical thrown in, and of course we had the DJs on and we all had a dance. So yeah, there was a bit of everything. So good.
Speaker 4: And where did you meet your husband because was it while you were recording the Voice in Sydney?
Speaker 2: No? Actually, so we met and Reya just like yes and yeah, we were talking for a few months, and I was actually coming to Australia to tour as a DJ, so I just thought he's really cute. You know, nothing's going to happen. He lives in Sydney, I live in London. What it's going to happen. But he's cute enough to go on a date with And we went out on our first day and have been together ever since since. We could all like really quickly.
Speaker 3: That's same that you could meet someone on a dating app who's a celebrity and then you could get married to them.
Speaker 1: Literally, did you do like Jack? Did you do like face times? Is that how you were keeping in contact with each other?
Speaker 2: We didn't. I think we're both quite shy as well, so there was you know, lots of messaging and we didn't actually speak until we met.
Speaker 4: I feel like in terms of like cultures and stuff, I think Australian and English people are quite similar. Like they've got good banter, they know how to hold a conversation, good senses of humor, like to have a drink and then no one's too serious.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a really nice machine of this and you know what it is. Yeah, you're so right. I always say this is like Australians are like, they're not only like British people that they're like northern people. Okay, so yeah, we have the Yeah, the kinship is real. Absolutely. We love laughing at each other ourselves and having a drink.
Speaker 1: The Northerners a bit rougher, Melanie, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm rough around the So what's going to happen, Melanie, Well, your husband eventually relocate to the UK or are you going to relocate to Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, we have the best of both worlds. Yeah, you really do have the opportunity to, you know, to spend time in both. My daughter is still at school at the moment, so I have to be here in London. But yeah, I get to spend really lovely chunks of time in Australia. But my work, I've always traveled. I'm all over the place. So yeah, he's the same, he loves to travel.
Speaker 1: Is that the sacred to a good relationship separate countries? Is that how it works?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? We're he's here now, Okay, we're always Yeah, we travel together. We don't like being a part very much.
Speaker 4: My uncle actually over in he lives in Paris, and his wife lives in the UK and they've been together for like fifty years and he swears by it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, people, it's only a train trip.
Speaker 4: Away from that, all right.
Speaker 1: More coming up with Melanie CE and you want to ask her a question? Calling now thirteen one oh six five. We will get you live on air with Melanie to see anything you want to ask her here on kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, Melanie c is joining us live on air this morning.
Speaker 1: We got some people that have called in that want to speak to you. Just before we do, though, we got to ask more a little bit more about the wedding. I know our producer wanted to know a few of the girls might have been wearing white or it almost looks like what out of those spice girls, how do we feel about that?
Speaker 2: No? Fine, so yeah, I did have a little chat with Jerry because it is her favorite color every day. But she had a beautiful floral dress on and it was white, white, like yeah, yeah, but I did have a little giggle with her about that. Everyone looked gorgeous. You know. It was a similar wedding. We had beautiful weather. It was up in the Lake District in the north of the UK, so the weather. We were like m but we had perfect four perfect gays.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there we go. Melanie C says, if you're going to all wedding, it's okay to.
Speaker 4: Wear white if there's some flowers.
Speaker 2: On it too.
Speaker 1: If you're a spice girl, Hey, I'm thirty one, oh sixty five, Emily, you're on with Melanie C.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 1: What do you want to ask?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't believe was right now?
Speaker 1: Hi, Emily, I want to No, I'm getting married into. What was the one thing you spent money on that was worth it for your wedding?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, you know it's so expensive. I wanted to create for me what was most important because I was bringing all these people together that I love so dearly. I wanted the food to be great. I wanted the cocktails to be great. I wanted the entertainment to be great. And we went over budget like everybody always does, but it was so worth it because those memories. It just felt perfect. So I would say, if there are some little things like, oh, I don't know whether to the things that are important to you, maybe just put a bit of money in the kitty for that.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect, Okay, thank you mom, Millie, he's got a question for Melanie's so you're on with a go for it.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, mel Look, I do love you so much. I'm just gonna I'm going to take my moment and straight up ask why Victoria wasn't at your wedding.
Speaker 2: So they was very disappointed to not be there. She was with David in New York and it was the football final, the World Cup, and she tried to get out of it. She isn't the biggest football fan, she won't mind me telling her, but the family with her and David had commitments being an ambassador for FIFA. But of course she made my gorgeous dress and she was messaging me on the day and I actually saw her when I was in Abiita, so we had a little catch up. So yeah, we were giving her updates and sending her patches.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's where the honeymoon was. Can you tell us what it was like?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean honeymoon. It was kind of a friend moon, a family moon. Everybody was there and Ibetha is such a fun island. You know, I love my dance music and going out clubbing, so we just had loads of people join us. And we just we hardly slept, We ate great food, we drank great cocktails, and we danced all night long. And I'm still recovering.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I went to ibetha Ones Fluid and I think it was about five pm. Flew out at eleven am, Like, didn't sleep the whole time, barely remember the whole thing when I.
Speaker 4: When I went to Ibtha, I went for four days and then I ended up having the best time of my life that I extended for another two weeks. And my English boyfriend at the time was like, get home now.
Speaker 2: Amy, what are you doing.
Speaker 4: I was like, I love it here. It's a great island.
Speaker 2: It's one of those Yeah, it's a magical island. It just draws you in and it's like and time just kind of studs still in a way, like I never stay up late, but there you just stun Melanie.
Speaker 4: Can I just ask one last question? Do you have any advice for other women who are looking, you know, kind of for their happily ever after later in life? Because you look so stunning and so happy, and I just want to know, is there any advice that you can share with other women who were still looking for that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, what I kind of written off getting married. I just didn't think it was part of my story, and I'd made peace with that. I have a beautiful daughter, you know, I have a fabulous career, and I'm really happy in my life. And then, you know, I met somebody that just made me feel very, very different. I wanted to be family with him, and so I would say to any women who are, you know, elder. I have a lot of friends similar age to me who are single. And again, it's never too late. It's never too late for anything. You know. I started djaying eight years ago, and you know, and it's brought me so much joy, and I think, just always be open and just do all the things. That's become my new mantra, because I just think life is too short to not have a go at everything, do all the things.
Speaker 1: We love it all right. The Voice continue seven thirty Monday and Tuesday on seven and seven plus Melanie's say congratulations on the wedding.
Speaker 2: And thank you, thank you for coming on cares my pleasure. I'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Take care, my Melanie