Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I know, Jackie boy, you've got a tattoo. I have a tattoo. Perhaps you ever thought about getting a tattoo.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 1: Actually I thought I would like to get the initials of Chris Audrey and I are somehow intertwined. But where the placement of where it was? Always?
Speaker 2: Would you want it somewhere to screete that only you can see that you can have the option of covering up.
Speaker 1: I thought, like on my wrist or somewhere. But I want, like, I need to find someone that does really beautiful cursive sort of tattooing, like a specialist in that.
Speaker 2: I back my handwriting.
Speaker 1: No thanks, No, I wouldn't do Christians that big sharpie pen.
Speaker 2: My tattoo is a word patsy that I had translated into Sanskrit, which is the oldest language. And then it's in a circle so people can't sit. But I see what it is, and it drives people nuts because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked you that once. You never told me.
Speaker 2: Because it's book. It's a message to me. I didn't even put it in the book, by the way, it's a message to me in there. I was on the flight comeback from Byron on Saturday, and there was a guy on the plane who went had a two at the back of his arm. Right, this goes in his mid thirties, right, so he's not a kid, but it was like a four or five inch question mark the riddler. Yeah, he's on my flight jet stuck. By the way, people with overhead lockers, it's the most stressful thing about flying out, isn't it. People? Just the slamming and the bigger I mean the size. Now, what people bring on that they think is etcetera. As an overhead they've got a big bag anyway. Then they bring on that they're now expanding, aren't they where they've worked out bag makers how to feel every cubic centimeter of that that you know slot you meant to put the bag into. It's like people bringing on what can scribe was a small fridge, and then they start humping your head as they try and excuse me, sorry, excuse me, as you're trying to slam it in. And I hate it. I don't know why I don't own my headlocker. I'm just it's just about me. I can't stand it if someone from a couple of seats away comes downside. This is how waterful. It's all territorial of life? Is that? Why does it bother me? But it really irritates me anyway. I want to know today, if you've got an unusual or unique tattoo, what does that actually mean? So did you ask the question mark guy what it meant? No, because a couple of days before that, I saw a girl serving me lunch, right, and she had these beautiful tattoos right. They were really really ornate. I said, those are beautiful tattoos. What flowers are those? Because they were like long stemmed flowers. I couldn't work out what it was, and I thought this would be a nice question to ask somebody. And I love really good original tattoos. She goes, Oh, my brother died Sunday last year. It was taken from a photo of the poppies on his grave, and I could see that it was still very much alive in her the grief. She had tears and eyes. So we don't talk about it. For about half an hour she actually she was serving me. I bought a drink. She sat down and talked, we are brothers. All that we actually had a really really nice conversation, Bob. But I was so wary of the guy with the with the question mark whether it's about life. You know how, emotions are very high. I was triggering about the guy from three seats and headed me using my overhead locker space. So there was a lot going on there. So today I want to know what does your tattoo mean? This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, What does your tattoo mean? So a guy on the plane on Saturday in a giant question mark on the back of his left arm. Christian, I have a here broccolny florette on my bum cheek. They got it tattooed on a night out to remind me to eat health here. But it doesn't work because I can't see you.
Speaker 3: Probably one hundred beers halfway through combabit.
Speaker 2: I need to eat better. The permanent reminder to do somewhere, somewhere completely out of sight on your bum cheek, a broccany florette. All right, let's say some calls, then what does your tattoo mean? Nine four one, one oh four three?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Catherine, Good morning, how you're doing.
Speaker 2: We're good, Katherine. I hope you're well as well. So what is your tattoo?
Speaker 3: Men?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit different. I have got my eyebrows tattooed. And what it means is I was an overplucker of the seventies and eighties, and they didn't bother to come back when I stopped.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was the thing to be an overplucker. I was an overplucker of the seventies. You wild charge lessens.
Speaker 3: All you young women out there, do not do not.
Speaker 4: Do what I do.
Speaker 3: Do not be an overplucker.
Speaker 2: I thought they would just grow back like a farmer scape.
Speaker 1: Don't grow back.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 1: And then you get older and all your hormones mean you don't get as much. You get here in places you don't want here, and not here where you want here.
Speaker 3: If that means so you've got I'm hearing you.
Speaker 2: So you've got now permanent tattoo eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I get lots of compliments. And that's why I say to people, do not overpluck, otherwise you'll end up like me. But they are very nice, right.
Speaker 2: All right, captain, thank you very much. She called, have a good week.
Speaker 3: I think you're welcome.
Speaker 2: By Claire. Good morning, good morning. All right, what is your tattoo? Meing, Claire.
Speaker 4: My tattoo is of their feet. It is for the the Beatles song Blackbirds. And I got it from my mum who passed away about eight years ago, and before she died, she was she was in the seventies. She desperbably wanted a tattoo, and I remember saying, Nold, you can't get one. So yeah, so that's why I got one.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful song as well. What a lovely thing to do. Thank you here, Claire, Thank you very much. She called, let's go to Nick. Nick. What does your tattoo mean?
Speaker 5: Morning crew? I have on my wrist a tattoo of a stone ye and a sort of statuette of a stone wine. And it's inspired by a heavy metal song called the Bosphorus Freezes Over. It's a sort of put us in five sort of orchestral kind of music. And what it means is it's a symbol to as a bit of a monument or tribute to the person you could have been or things that had to be worst behind, and as a bit of a market of encouragement to press forward, press forward with your wife and to become the person who you're going to be.
Speaker 2: I love that it's some kind of someone on your arm, life of who you are, the act of becoming who you meant to be. Yeah, that's amazing, Nick, thank you very much for sharing that with us. Let's go to Counting. Come morning, Counting.
Speaker 6: Good morning, how's everybody, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're good and welcome to the show. What is your tattoo?
Speaker 6: Well, my very very first tattoo in my forties, I was actually dedicated to my youngest Bella, who has ADHD. It's actually from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, and it's from the Cheshire Cat saying we're all mad here. It's actually the words and the purple and pink. So it's a reminder to remember how they see the world, which is topsy turvy, inside out, back to front, upside down and every which way, and to remind us, to remind us that for them things aren't quite right, and just to see things through their eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh that is lovely and to them things are completely right. Now I've got a daughter's got ADHD as well. It's a gift as well, but it is it's challenging at times, but what a lovely thing to do with your mum as a mum to do that, that's awesome encountered. Thank you very much, well done.
Speaker 6: No worries, Have a great day.
Speaker 5: Cal A bra you're
Speaker 3: Listening to the Question You Know Carl Show Podcast