Speaker 1: On today's show, Sky Wheatley's bizarre meltdown over pr packages as she binds as horrendous inflight Ordeal, and Pixie Curtis's latest beauty treatment sparks Debate.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken.
Speaker 1: It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torbert and we're a little late recording because I just received a link to my wedding video and we've literally been watching on repeat for the last twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh, the video is epic.
Speaker 1: It's such a little taste of the day, though I kind of want to see more, and you've actually emailed your videographer asking can I pay a bit more to get like a thirty minute feature?
Speaker 3: Feel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it went so quickly, It's a three and a half minute video, but now I'm like I should have paid the extra cash for the thirty minutes, and I sof and I immediately started looking into the videography packages that we've booked, and we've been like, I'm actually going.
Speaker 2: To pay extra just to get more content.
Speaker 1: Could you ask for like just a Kate edit a bit like the Olivia Not because obviously you've got a divorce or anything.
Speaker 2: But I want to see more of us getting ready in the morning. So you want the bridesmaid edit the bridesmaid Yes.
Speaker 1: I was pretty proud, Sophie that some of our zingers made the highlight our speeches dominated that I thought. Now, dating triplets is very unique. Our loyalties to one another changed by the hour, if not the minute. One minute, we're all best friends, next minute, two of us have ganged up on each other. All very confusing and very difficult for our partners to keep up with.
Speaker 2: We also have no secrets.
Speaker 1: Before we met Reese, we knew everything about him, not anything over the top, just the important things like blood type, passport number, every girl you've every girl you've ever spoken to, his name. Basically, what we're saying is you're not just stuck with Kate Reese, you're also duck with us down. I definitely will be sharing it on social media if anyone's keen to check it out. Now, Amy, you've got a wedding update too. Yeah, So last night Dale and I went to a tasting along with Dale's mum and Poppy and also my parents, and so we've got an external caterer doing all of the food, and we've been having this debate about whether we can serve pasta as a Maine dish.
Speaker 2: I actually put it up on the Outspoken.
Speaker 1: Instagram account and everyone was saying, yes, do pasta as one of the mains. Everyone seems to be sick of the steak and chicken. But now after tasting all the dishes, I'm more confused than ever.
Speaker 2: What did the parents think? Well, we so we tried. Last night.
Speaker 1: We had fish, we had pasta, we had chicken. We also had this like cheesy pasta that I feel like Sophie would love. Oh when I saw it because you shared it on your Instagram story, because I was like, because I can't be there, I want to live through you. And both pasta dishes looked insane. Well, my personal favorite was the crab pasta, and I was thinking I would be so excited for this to come out. My only worry was it had a lot of like parsley on the top, so someone will have to make sure I don't get any of my teeth. Well, the funniest thing was I was asking all of the parents after like what did you think? What's your favorite? And Dad's like, I really liked the chicken, but I didn't like the corn flame on the top, so they've done like this fancy crispy sweet potato. I'm like, dad, that is not corn for me. Well, he thought the pesto at my wedding tasting was avocado, and I'm like, geez, those cigarettes have really ruined your taste. But you wouldn't even try the Kingfish because it had like this green sort of sauce on the side. He said it was too green for him. Oh my god, well that one's been crossed off. Well, just to round things up on the wedding updates, I have officially locked in my dress or what does it look like this? This is so exciting because Sophie, you have been so indecisive.
Speaker 2: I have been so stressed.
Speaker 1: I've been spending all my nights on TikTok and also Instagram just looking at other dresses, going back to the dresses that I screenshot when I first got engaged, because the dress I have locked in is very different to what I thought.
Speaker 2: I would get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've been going on about this dress I think for a while. Now you're actually making me go crazy because you keep texting me these random messages about it.
Speaker 2: It's like, you want all this reassurance.
Speaker 1: Do you not know me that I need reassurance all the time. And the whole thing is I had literally contacted the wedding boutique. He said, oh yeah, I'm ready to lock it in. Let's lock in another appointment. And then this brand from Melbourne Kaya Studio, which I've been wanting to try on for ages. It then came up that they were going to be appearing at this Adelaide boutique and I was like, is this a sign that I'm getting the anyway? So it's been an internal battle because they're not bringing the dresses in for a number of weeks and I really need to lock things down.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it reminds me of.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you're online dating, like you're on Tinder or hinge, and you're like flicking through all these dresses. You almost need to stop and go, Okay, I've chosen my person, which is your dress, and I'm not gonna look anymore. I've seen this on TikTok because a lot of brides say that you have to lock the dress in so far in advance that you're sort of bored of your dress even though you haven't worn it yet, because you've seen all these photos of yourself in it, and there's so many new options popping up. They've just dropped so many new collections. You definitely do end up second guessing it though, so know that when you actually pay for the deposit, you will have that feeling of regret, but it does go away also because you can't try it on in your right size, and I think it's really hard when you're looking back at photos it's the wrong size.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous because I would be so relieved if I'd locked in, and I don't even care, like I would just not be looking. I feel like any white dress is going to look amazing when you've got the right hair, the make up, the flowers.
Speaker 2: They're all looking the same to me.
Speaker 1: At the moment, I actually have decided I don't like wedding dresses and I want to wi the one that's into fashion more than you guys ould say. And I think the other dresses look nice. Of the wedding dresses, I think we need to hold an intervention. Though Amy needs to get her wedding dress locked in. You actually need to go and visit a store.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've.
Speaker 1: Visited some stores, but one see the issue is I see these dresses that I really really like in the photos, and then I go onto that still white page where people post like they're trying to resell their dresses to see what, you know, people actually look like in normal photos of the dresses. They all look so different. That's why you need to try them on.
Speaker 2: I actually saw a.
Speaker 1: Bridle store share about this exact thing and say, don't look at the model and other people in them, because you were going to look so different in it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some of the fabrics just look different.
Speaker 1: I'm going to jump.
Speaker 5: On and talk to you guys about business and just kind of show you the reality of it.
Speaker 1: Sky Wheatley has called out her fellow influences for not supporting her ath leisure brand. The former Big Brother contestant broke down as she revealed she could no longer afford to send out freebies because her business isn't yet profitable. So can you tell us more? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: On Monday night, Sky got emotional as she opened up about the reality of owning a business on her Instagram story. She choked back tears as she revealed her ath leisure brand Good People Apparel, is financially struggling. Let's throw to what she said, even for.
Speaker 5: Me, being an influencer or someone with an audience, it's fucking hard. And like from the outside looking in, you might think, oh my god, they're making millions and millions of dollars, like they're so successful.
Speaker 6: And yes, I'm talking about GPA, the people of Perrel, Like I get that people like look at the brand and go, they're so successful, like they'd be swimming.
Speaker 5: In cash and we're over here like, yeah, we actually just trying to make money to pay for our ext drop, like it all goes back into the business.
Speaker 3: And that's not why I'm getting upset.
Speaker 1: So after that, Sky took aim at the influencers that she gifted track suits too, and said she felt sick to her stomach that they hadn't posted about them. She went on to share that she had been reprimanded by her business partner Tory, for giving away too many free track suits, and that they could no longer afford to gift any more. Now. Sky got really emotional as she explained she would no longer be able to give her family and friends free tracksuits. Let's throw to what she said.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, now I'm gonna have to tell the people that I've said, yeah, send your tracksuit.
Speaker 3: Actually sorry, We've already.
Speaker 5: Spent like twenty k in sending pr packages out to people that don't post because they don't appreciate the product. And I get it, Like being an influencer, you get paid, you know.
Speaker 3: But like since having.
Speaker 5: My own brand, I like promise myself that I will make an effort to always just like pop something on my story, even if it's just like an unboxing or like a flat lay of the products, just like to give some recognition that like you've got it, Like thanks, I've got your product. Like I just know how hard it is for businesses and how much money you're actually losing by sending out And I've.
Speaker 3: Been guilty of this of the past.
Speaker 5: Also, like getting so many packages, it's overwhelming for the influencer.
Speaker 3: Like I get it, I understand.
Speaker 5: I don't know, guys, it's just fucked and like I have a feeling I don't know, and just getting really emotional.
Speaker 1: Now there is a lot to unpack in this twelve minute rant. It was full of contradictions. The first contradiction I want to start with is the fact that Sky claimed that her brand was financially struggling, but then later said that she expected the latest clothing drop to be so popular that she's worried it will sell out and people will be left disappointed. Which one is it? And if that's the case, why was she getting so upset over influencers not posting about her tracksuits? Surely the ultimate aims to sell out of the product. Is she really that upset she couldn't give her family and friends a free tracksuit? I can see why she'd be annoyed if you're sending out twenty thousand dollars worth of product and nobody's sharing anything about it. But the thing is, even if they don't post about it now, they're still going to wear it. It's still a branding exercise. Sometimes you can't just expect people to post about it and instantly get sales from those posts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you just put this down to a learning She's now realized that she can sell out with just the help of her own personal audience and then doesn't have to use in influencer marketing. Do you think influencers are now more unwilling to share about different brands because they don't want it to go to their tax return.
Speaker 2: I definitely do.
Speaker 1: I also think that she was more personally offended because she probably thinks she's friends with a lot of these people, and that's why she was so emotional about it. What I couldn't believe is that she slammed the influencers for not posting about the tracksuits, but then in the next breath said that brands should pay influencers because it will guarantee that they post about their product. Was that more of something that she'd learned that she wanted to share with people? What do you mean she's learned it like Sky of all people should see the worth of paying influencers for their time and access to their audience. I mean, the whole thing baffles me because she clearly understands how influencer marketing works, because she has worked as an influencer for many years. She has got her platform to a stage where people pay her for a post. They don't just give her free products. Wouldn't you think that she would give her peers in the influencing industry the same respect and pay them to promote her product. The thing that's clear is there's not much of a strategy going on. She is clearly haphazardly saying, I'm going to give you a track so I'll give you a track suit. She's trying to keep everyone in her circle happy, and also I suppose her friendship group of influencers, and she's clearly frustrated when they're not giving anything back in return. I think what we've learned from our deep dive series into Sky Wheatley is that she constantly contradicts herself. So I think she jumps on these stories and while she's talking, she suddenly starts seeing the other point of view. She must have set out quite a few tracksuits to send out twenty thousand dollars. I think it's a postage that is costing her a lot of money. I was also surprised though, when she said that, oh, people would assume that my business is making millions of dollars and it's hugely successful. I don't know about you guys, or anyone listening, but I just assumed it was a little startup. I didn't automatically assume that just because she's an influencer with a business that it was hugely successful because particularly because it is a leisure brand. The thing is, I think she's almost calling out her own internal thoughts, because I feel like she probably thought starting up her own at leisure where brand was going to be easy.
Speaker 2: She was just going to get a lot of money.
Speaker 1: She's probably seen the likes of Tammy Hembro put her nim On apparel company and everything sells out. I think probably what she's saying, though, is that she's not like a Nike or a gym Shark, where it doesn't matter if influencers don't share about the products.
Speaker 2: Almost like she's guilt tripping the influences.
Speaker 1: Now that annoys me, and she's like, oh, even me being an influencer, I find it hard too. It's like I think she just assumed that because she's an influencer, everything should be easy and her influencer mates should promote her brand. It's like, no, why should they? They should be paid to promote They've created their own audience. We have seen a lot of Sammy Robinson's influencer friends like Steph klas Smith and Jadu Tunti all sharing about Sammy's brand one Mile, presumably for free. So I can kind of see how Sky could have thought that might happen. But maybe she's not as close with these people as she as other influencers are, and I think that is the very reason why she got so upset. Do you also think that because of all of Sky Wheatley's controvert and indiscretions, that influencers don't want to share about her brand because they don't want to be connected to her. Yeah, I think that could be a big part of it. Now, what made things even more awkward is a few hours after Sky's Instagram rand Indy Clinton shared a selfie of her wearing a Good People Apparel track. So this was so awkward, so Indy caption the photo thank you Good People Apparel, so comfy and great quality, hashtag gift now. Ironically, she then shared the following statement to her Instagram story, which read, I've sadly had to take my po box addressed down. A lot of brands were hounding me when they would gift me something, and I didn't post on my stories even though it's the gamble they take, I unfortunately cannot post everything I receive. Please don't send me something. Hope that I post and then get annoyed if I don't post. I appreciate you wanting to send me things, but save your money on postage. It's quite clear Indy was referencing Sky, but it appears it's gone over Sky's head because a follow asked her if she thinks Indy's comments were directed at her, to which Sky replied, I don't think so. She's my friend. I'm with her one hundred percent. It is hard when brands expect you to post for free, like we're also running a business.
Speaker 2: Again, a major contradiction.
Speaker 1: See I think what's happened here is India's jumped onto Instagram story. She's seen Sky's rant and she's thought, fuck, I promised to share about that weeks ago. She's put up the post, and then she's wanted to reiterate to other brands. Sorry, just because I'm sharing for Sky, it doesn't mean I'm going to share for you. But what I don't get is couldn't Indy see how transparent that was? I mean, I feel like it's almost ruder to then put that up, but why not wait a week or something?
Speaker 2: She probably doesn't.
Speaker 1: Think that everyone who follows her is across the sky Wheatly stuff well, it was definitely being covered by all the big influencer accounts, so I'd be surprised if she didn't know about it. I almost think that it was her way of having a little bit of a go, like, yeah, I posted it, but don't expect me to do it again.
Speaker 4: Hey guy, So I just went to Meka today in Double Bay, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Show you what I got.
Speaker 1: Roxy Jazenko's eleven year old daughter, Pixie Curtis, has caused a stir after revealing she got an eyelash lift and tint. The redheaded twein, who recently announced her retirement from her toy company at the tender age of eleven, shared a reel of the beauty treatment to her one hundred and thirty six thousand followers. Kate, I was so surprised to see this.
Speaker 2: Real pop up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw and instantly sent it to you because I couldn't believe it. I'm thirty four and I've never had a lash lift. So on Instagram, Pixie caption the real redhair means no lashes till now. Thank you Fancy Lash for my lash lift and tint. Her mum, Roxy also shared an update on her insta story writing. How the tables have turned Now I am Pixie Curtis's content creator too at Fancy lash Today. Yeah, and it's quite interesting because Roxy actually did a paid partnership with the lash Bar earlier in the month. Now it seems like as she's taking a bit of a step back from Sweaty Betty and a lot of her businesses, it seems like she's got a lot more time to spend with her kids and return the favorite because I feel like Pixie I would have recorded a fair amount of content for Roxy back in the day. Yeah, I actually would love Pixie Curtis to shoot a reel for me, though, I feel like she'd be on point. You might not agree, but I think she's the epitome of cool. I love checking out her page because I feel like she knows what is on trend, what is going to be the next big thing. Look, I'm not really checking an eleven year old's page as a thirty four year old or for style advice.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying style advice.
Speaker 1: She's not a regular eleven year old, But I'm talking about trends because I love speaking to young people about what they're interested in. Well, Zo vih You're not the only adult that is checking out Pixie Curtis's page, and I don't mean that in a creepy way. There was a debate in the comment section on pixies Reel. One person wrote, really too young for this? What's next botox and lippiller's what a joke? Another added lipfiller next. Someone else wrote, no, come on, mum and dad, there's plenty of time for that.
Speaker 2: You are creating the monster. Well.
Speaker 1: Fellow redheads did emerge in the comment section to defend Pixie's treatment. One wrote, as a fellow Ginger, I highly support this, said as a Ginger who started doing this as a kid in the early nineties, Good on you. Ignore the negative comments and keep doing what makes you feel good about you. Someone else added the amount of adults that are here arguing on a child's account is gross. You do what makes you happy, Pixie.
Speaker 2: I might not be a.
Speaker 1: Parent yet, but I kind of get where Roxy is coming from with this. I think getting your eyelashes tinted is very different to going out and allowing your child to have lip injections or some sort.
Speaker 2: Of cosmetic treatment.
Speaker 1: I think that there is a lot of sensitivity particularly at this age when kids are going into adolescence and a lot of redheads do feel self conscious about having light lighter features. Yeah, but does she have to be sharing online?
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 1: Probably what a lot of people have an issue with because I would assume that a lot of her audience would be potentially eleven year olds or other tweens and thirty four year olds and thirty four year olds. Yeah, that might be thinking, well, maybe I need to go and get all this stuff done as well, and also what's next. We have to remember that at this age, anything that is different about you is heavily scrutinized. I remember as a kid getting paid out for having freckles, and that's one of my biggest hang ups now. So I think if she's in a position where she can do something small like that, that's going to make her feel better about herself and isn't drastic.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's an issue with it.
Speaker 1: Look, I can understand why people are a bit uncomfortable about it, because it is very sad that an eleven year old feels the need to change her eyelash color. But we do need to remember she's not a normal eleven year old. She has over one hundred and thirty six thousand followers, and people are absolutely brutal online. Perhaps people have been commenting on her eyelashes, but we do need to remember she's not a normal eleven year old. She's got one hundred and thirty six thousand followers. People are absolutely brutal online. She's a millionaire in her own right. I mean, she retired when she was eleven years old. This is not normal behavior. But what's that got to do with anything. I think the issue, as I said, is that people feel uncomfortable that she's promoting this sort of thing online. I was not that uncomfortable that she was allowed to do it, and I don't care that she's had it done. And I can see, as you said, if there's something that you're insecure about, go and get it done. I think it's promoting it to others, and she's making money off promoting it to a young audience. She didn't mark it as a paid partnership. I think people are just putting two and two together. I think you're off the mark there though. I think this is mum shaming for Roxy. I think people are like, oh, how could a mum let her alone.
Speaker 2: One year old do this. It's definitely mum shaming as well.
Speaker 1: We've got to look at the broader picture, though. I think that more young kids are interested in these beauty routines and beauty products because they're not consuming advertising in the same way that we did growing up. So whilst we may have seen an advert on TV or in a magazine, they are now seeing all of these treatments advertised on TikTok and it's becoming more within their reach to do these things. Well.
Speaker 2: I am a sucker for a Pixie Curtis story.
Speaker 1: Last year, we discussed how her birthday party costs forty thousand dollars, and during research for this topic, I stumbled across her daytime routine, which I found very amusing. Is this her beauty routine or this is just what happens in her day? Pretty envious for my former eleven year old self because she's allowed to stay up to eleven PM. I remember mom and Dad used to make us go to bed at like eight thirty in Urra. Is that sort of a rule that you know you're eleven so you can stayt to eleven PM? I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with her skincare routine, because she has a very strict nighttime regime that involves a vitamin C facial wash and a sleeping mask. Imagine how good her skin is going to look when she's thirty.
Speaker 2: So Pixie said.
Speaker 1: She also washes and blow dries her hair every day using the Mermaid Hair blow dry brush HASHAG sponsors. Yeah, she is an ambassador for the brand, so I love how she snuck that in. What a perfect brand ambassador. In terms of other beauty treatments, she spray tands with her mum on a Thursday night if she has a special occasion, but hides it from her dad because apparently he'd freak out if he knew. How does he not notice that his eleven year old has a dan? Well, it might be because her dad is now working between Tasmania and Singapore. So recently, Roxy made big news when she sold her mansion for sixteen million dollars. Now it's quite hard to read this because she only bought it for six point five million dollars back in twenty eighteen. Yeah. Well, we've seen all of the property prices climb for some reason, because I have been watching lux listings sixteen meal didn't actually sound like that much. I mean, obviously it is an extreme number, but on that show you were seeing twenty million dollar house series. If I'm saying this house is incredible, I'm surprised it didn't sell for more.
Speaker 2: Is this because.
Speaker 1: Pixie's gone and bought the family a new home with all of these business bedrooms? No, so she is going from a five bedroom, five bathroom mansion which had this epic beauty room, had a cinema, It also had a sauna. They're now moving to an apartment because so a lot of people thought that Roxy and Oliver had broken up, but she has put an end to those rumors. She said, it's just purely because Oliver's working in Singapore and Tasmania and they needed somewhere smaller just for the three of them. Really, I mean you're saying an apartment. I'm sure it's some epic penthouse.
Speaker 4: The whole flight, Taj and I were just spewing, like on and off the whole time, probably like every twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Fitness influencer as She Binds has gone into explicit detail about her horrendous ordeal aboard a jet Star flight. The thirty four year old who's been holidaying in Bali, revealed she spent the whole flight vomiting. The mum of two came under fire from passengers who said she was too sick to travel now. So if this sounds like an absolute nightmare situation you just about everybody involved. Oh my goodness, imagine being on this flight. So to take you back, as she Bines had just spent a week in Bali with her husband and two kids at a private viela, it looked like the perfect family holiday, but things quickly turned into a nightmare when Bali belly kicked in now as she relayed the scary ordeal on her Instagram story, explaining she vomited a few times at the airport before collapsing as she boarded her jet Star flight.
Speaker 2: Here's what she said.
Speaker 4: I've spewed a couple of times in the toilets at the airport, and I think it must have been something we all ate at breakfast a couple of I was like, no, it's not enough to knock me out.
Speaker 3: I'll be okay.
Speaker 4: And then as I stepped onto the plane, I handed the tickets over and I literally fainted.
Speaker 3: I fully collapsed like a grab Seve's hand.
Speaker 4: He was holding Tala, and then he caught me just in time for me to like, Thankfully I didn't fall back and smack my head. He caught me. I don't know how long I was out for.
Speaker 3: It was horrific. It was so so tough.
Speaker 4: Was the toughest slide I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Now, as she went into explicit detail, too much detail, probably revealing that she and her son Taj were vomiting every twenty minutes, she said at one stage she was holding Taj's vomit bag while she was vomiting into her own, and understandably, her son was incredibly distressed. He was bawling his eyes out and very over the situation. Now, her husband Steve was sitting the row behind them with their baby Tala, And it did make me laugh because she mentioned in her Instagram story that a lovely man behind them. He moved seats so that they could have access to the bassinet. And I just think this guy was trying to get as far away from them as possible.
Speaker 2: God, I would be this would be horrible.
Speaker 1: Imagine being on a flight home from Balley. It's already a bit seedy because there's always the party goers that are hungover, and there's this family just spewing their guts up for ages.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Steve wasn't feeling sick at the airport, and it wasn't until he put Tala in the basinet that he also started vomiting, so they were all going down.
Speaker 2: This story is.
Speaker 1: So appalling that it's actually made national news, with a passenger by the name of James Foley telling Yahoo News it's the worst flight he's ever been on and the odor from the vomiting was disgusting. James explained that he couldn't eat or rest as the vomiting was non stop during the flight. He did say it wasn't just Ashy and her family, but multiple people on the plane were unwell. He finished by saying that staff should not have allowed sick passengers to.
Speaker 2: Board the plane.
Speaker 1: That's a really interesting ethical dilemma because as she did state that she was vomiting in the toilets before the flight, so she clearly was aware before she boarded the plane that she wasn't feeling well. Do you guys think it is a dick move to inflict that on the rest of the flight, or would you do the same. It's a difficult one because it would be hard to then catch another.
Speaker 2: It's like an international.
Speaker 1: Flight, particularly kids, and particularly because Ballei belly is so prevalent. I've had so many friends who have said that their barley belly has hit as soon as they've got on the flight, and it's hell on her. Also, if you vomited a couple of times, you might think, oh, it's just passing. And also clearly other people were sick on the plane too, if I think about it, and I was having, say, severe diarrhea or something, So this is I'm so sorry for people listening if you're having your breakfast. But I probably wouldn't feel safe to sit on the flight because you wouldn't be able to go to the toilet whenever you wanted, So in that case I probably would go shit, I don't think I can actually.
Speaker 2: Go on this flight.
Speaker 1: I do feel like the jet Star staff probably should have stepped in, particularly if she's like fainting as she's getting old, they.
Speaker 2: Surely had to red flag this person should not be traveling.
Speaker 1: I'd be so pissed off if you were sitting next to her, like how revolting you're trying to choke down your two minute noodles that they give you on jet Star. Well, Jetstar was forced to put out an official response. They told news dot com dot Au that they were sorry to hear that customers were unwell and acknowledged that it would have been an unpleasant experience for others sitting next to them sit The representative said customers who were too sick to fly should contact us before traveling or speak to our crew so we can help with their booking and consider alternate travel arrangements. They also said they would be reaching out to Ashy and Steve, as well as the crew on board to better understand what actually happened now. This somewhat quiet family vaka before this ordeal wasn't without its controversy. So whilst in Bali, Ash shared a reel showing her family posing together in their private villa and over the top of the reel, Ash wrote, when you realize being rich is having what money can't buy. Now, many followers thought that this reel missed the mark, having it as tone deaf due to the current cost of living crisis that many Australians are finding themselves in.
Speaker 2: It also hit a nerve with.
Speaker 1: Followers, as Ash had previously been sharing about hiring a private photographer and also a nanny while staying in a luxury villa. However, on the other hand, many said that having a nanny and a photographer in Bali isn't actually a sign of wealth because both options are relatively affordable over there now. One follower shared an interesting comment. They wrote, money helps to be able to go away and to make some memories. Sometimes a house overhead and food on the table is a memory.
Speaker 2: Now listeners may not.
Speaker 1: Realize that Ash and her family were actually homeless for a period of time when she was growing up. As She responded to the comment saying, I have fond memories of when we were homeless, but Mum still makes it fun and an adventure. She continued, make the most of whatever season you're in. Money doesn't buy happiness, neither does a vacation. Hence my caption of realizing being rich can't buy love. But yes, we do love a holiday, and I've worked extremely hard to create a life where we can. Now, what do you guys think? Do you think the real missed the mark? I think that the real was confusing if it was a video of her and a family at home. I don't think it would have become as muddled the objects of you standing in front of this luxury villa whilst on a holiday. It doesn't really match up with the messaging because when I first saw this video I had to read it a few times to understand what she was sort of getting at because they looked.
Speaker 2: So privileged and rich in the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're saying, look at me with all my assets. I'm so wealthy, but I'm also wealthy because of my amazing family. Yeah, I've got it all and rich and rich because of my family. And it's also uncomfortable with the timing. I think that people are really struggling at the moment and they don't want to be seeing this wealthy influencer saying.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. At the end of the day, love is all you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have made more sense if she was maybe filmed a real of her vomiting on the plane and holding her son's vomit bag and saying, oh, you know, I'm still happy even though this shit situation's going on.
Speaker 2: I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us now.
Speaker 1: If you do want to listen to more content, you should check out our Deep Dive series on sky Wheatly, all three episodes have dropped on Outspoken Plus, so if you're not a subscriber yet, it's a great time to join up because you can binge that deep dive And this episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present and if you have time, we'd really appreciate if you
Speaker 2: Could go and leave us a review.