Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: On today's show, Olivia Rodgers opens up about why she ended her marriage. Steph Clare Smith breaks down on her podcast, admitting she contributed to tanning culture, Chloe Zepp and Mitch Orble's string of attention seeking posts as ticket sales dwindled for their retreat, and doctors warn about the dangers of shoeies after Harry Styles tries the Aussie cult drinking tradition. Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week.
Speaker 1: I'm Kate Torbert and it's nice to have you guys back.
Speaker 2: You have been on a business trip in Sydney. It was only for one night, but it felt a lot longer. I know. When we touched down last night, Sophie was like, can you believe we flew out yesterday morning? And it was unbelievable. Fit so much in so we were over for a big press conference and we were so busy, so we wouldn't even really have time to eat over there. Yeah, I was wrecked by the end of it. We rocked up to the airport looking like absolute slobs, because you know, when you've just been in business clothes all day, and we saw some of our colleagues at the airport. They're like, you guys tired. I feel like we looked absolutely correcked. And I am not a good traveler, As I mentioned, I'm a very nervous flyer. Poor Amy really took on the role as my parent because this is the first time that I've traveled in four years, and I had forgotten what to do. And also I feel like the airport has become more high tech. I love it because so if we're so clueless. She didn't even know where you collect your bags from. She started walking towards the Rex carousel, and I'm like, we flew quantous. Well, that hasn't changed, that's not something new. I lovesovie goes. I think I've forgotten. I don't think you ever knew you'd never flown by yourself. I'm not very savvy with traveling because I've either traveled in a group or with a partner before, and I sort of just follow what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And I think I was punished.
Speaker 2: Because after these two huge days, we finally get home, get to the area where you pick up your bags, and we wait and my bag claim baggage claim. Yes, see, I don't even I can't even think of the name of it. Anyway, and my bag sadly didn't make the flight. And Amy's theory is that I was trusted in doing one thing, putting the tags on the bag, and she thinks that they might have fallen off. I don't know, Yeah, she was, you know, when you peel off the thing. It was all very confusing for Sophie. I trusted her to do her own bag. On the way back. It was funny because we were actually having family dinner at Mum and Dad's house and we were all waiting for Amy and Sophie to arrive, and we got a message saying that Sophie's bag had been lost, and Dale goes, geez, I'm gonna bet we're not gonna hear.
Speaker 1: Much about.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but my makeup, my hair strained, all of my nice clothes were in this bag, and I was your.
Speaker 1: Credit card, wasn't it? Yes? My credit Sorry, yes, that was probably more the.
Speaker 2: Credit card or debit card in their bag that they're checking in. I feel like we're touching on one of the low lights of the trip, but I think one of the highlights was getting to see one of our clients, Christa Villich. So she featured on Real Housewives of Sydney and it was just hilarious because she greeted us with her puppy, which is this beautiful chiava called Charlie, and she's like, girls, what can I get you?
Speaker 1: And it's just like.
Speaker 2: I've never gone into someone's house and the first thing they've offered is a champagne. It felt very Real Housewives of Sydney. Well, the next offering was beer, so her husband's like, an hour later, are you sure you don't want to beer? And Amy put up a few photos of their new kitten, which is called Ziggy and it's a Bengal cat and we were literally inundated with messages of people thinking that it was actually a leopard. It's funny you say that, because I was on TikTok after these messages had come through and there was a woman that actually lived with a African big cat, and I was like, that's weird. Thof, she definitely didn't have a leopard.
Speaker 3: It was not like this momentous thing that was going to suddenly like heal everything.
Speaker 2: Olivia Rodgers has broken her silence on why her marriage ended with Justin mckehan. The former Miss Universe Australia, spoke candidly on two of Australia's biggest podcasts, labeling the relationship toxic with big problems. Now, Sophie, before we get into it, I know we've spoken a lot about Olivia and Justin's breakup, but can you please give listeners a quick summary on what's been going on. Yeah, so, the couple had been married for just seven months when Olivia announced the split in October last year, and there was a lot of public interest in their wedding, with Olivia sharing a lot of content pre and post the wedding.
Speaker 1: So since the split, the.
Speaker 2: Couple's dog, Ziggy, has been in the middle of the conflict, so Justin took full custody of the dog, much to Olivia's upset. Until now, Olivia and Justin have kept quiet on what caused the breakup. Olivia has made a few cryptic comments on social media in the past, but it is still unclear what actually happened. As for Olivia's podcast interview, she first appeared on The Life Uncut podcast on Tuesday, and then on Thursday on Happy Hour with Lucy and Nicky Kate, were you surprised by Olivia's podcast of choice? Well, I always thought Olivia would discuss her divorce on a podcast. I think it was only a matter of time, and I think it's a really good platform for her because she is so articulate and likable, and back when the news first broke, we did predict she would do a tell all interview. However, I thought it would be on show Aless. She is friends with the Hostsara and Michelle, and it's also the target market that would be very interested in the story. Of course, though Shameless don't do their in conversation episodes anymore, so they would have had to do a bit of a special I alternatively thought that Tully smythe may resurrect her podcast too much Tully for the occasion, because they're also friends. I do think though maybe being interviewed on those two platforms would have come across as a little bit biased. Though yeah, I feel like it would have been a bit too close to home. I think it was a stroke of genius going on Life on Cut because it is arguably the biggest female podcast in Australia and it has such good reach and people love Britain Laura. I think in terms of shameless, they would have wanted to distance themselves from this topic. When the news broke of Olivia and Justin's divorce, they did a tiny topic on it, but reiterated that they were friends with Olivia. So it's difficult for them to comment, and I think because they have copped a lot of criticism about being friends with influencers, it's not something that they would have wanted to delve into, particularly because they don't have the interview forma anymore, so they wouldn't have wanted to.
Speaker 1: Bring out this special interview segment.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, Olivia was always welcome to be on outspoke of the podcast. I was surprised though, when the second interview dropped on Happy Hour with Lucy and NICKI. I know it's not necessarily right, but I do feel like when someone like Olivia comes out and talks about these issues that she's had, everyone is all up and about and really supportive. But then as time goes on and that person talks more and more about it and becomes sort of overexposed, people then lash out and be like, shut up, stop talking about it. So I was concerned that this second interview might have been too much in a short space of time. I noticed last week that Life on Cut got the exclusive with Rebel Wilson right before she was on call her daddy, So I wondered, what was the timing of these interviews. Yeah, I was wondering how that scheduling went and if Life on Cut was given exclusively first and then Happy Hour or allowed to air at second. The timing was very interesting. I felt like she gave more details away on Life onun Cut. Yeah, I think there was a lot more juicier information on that. I suppose because we were then hearing Happy Hour. Second, it felt like we'd heard a lot already from what Olivia said. I mean, there were still interesting points in both interviews. I felt Life on Cut we're pretty clever framing it around the issue of identity, not just like here, you know, we're all here for this blow by blow.
Speaker 1: Of the breakup.
Speaker 2: Look, we were all clearly there for the tea. But surrounding it around this identity was very clever because it made you feel almost less guilty for wanting to know. And I did like the fact that Britt and Laura sort of said, you know, oh, we were all sort of discussing what had happened, only because we were looking out for you, you know what I mean. Like, I loved how everyone behind the scenes was like, what the fuck has happened? I felt kind of bad for Britain, Laura, because I felt like they almost put their foot in a few times sort of discussing that. Like it was clear that they were all just as you said, talking about it, but then they're like, oh, fuck, oh that would make.
Speaker 1: Us look bad in front of Olivia.
Speaker 2: It was when Olivia mentioned that it had been a year or she marked a year since her.
Speaker 1: Wedding, and then Britt was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh do we say congrats that, Miles? And I'm not sure you could tell after she said that she instantly regretted it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into the juicy parts of the interview. And for me, I found the discussion around Olivia and Justin's wedding so fascinating. So I was one of those people that was very invested in their wedding as I was planning for my own. And to be honest, even if I wasn't, I would have been invested in this wedding. And I remember being so excited to see photos and was blown away how amazing it all looked. It literally looked like the perfect wedding Pinterest.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys didn't shut up about it.
Speaker 2: I remember you were like just checking you get refreshing Instagram, and then people were all in the groups.
Speaker 1: Trying to find out what was happening.
Speaker 2: I think it was also because they seemed like the perfect couple. I would always look in at their life and they were always going to exciting events, they were renovating their house together, and this wedding just cemented that. It looked like the perfect fairy tale. Yeah, and I think that's why it was so shocking, even though we know that they've broken up now and that perfect life mustn't have been true, But it was still really hard to hear that. Olivia said that they weren't in a good place when they got married, and it was really challenging for her to actually write her wedding vows. And it shows you you really just can't trust what you see on Instagram. You don't know what's going on behind closed doors. It sounded like Olivia also got caught up in all of the hype around her own wedding. Yeah, well that was another part I found really interesting because Olivia was talking about how she had doubts leading into the wedding and also around the actual proposal, but she felt this intense pressure to go through with the wedding. Let's go to what she said.
Speaker 3: I felt like that was also a massive call to make so I kind of just forced all those feelings down and just was like, Okay, no, I'm doing this. I've made my mind up and I'm going to stick it out.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys say that she got caught up in the hype, but I think it was also a distraction. She did mention that she did focus on the wedding because it was something positive and she thought that maybe it was a bit of a band aid, maybe things would be different once they got married. I thought it was sad because she insinuated that justin proposing and also the wedding was sort of a signal that he was choosing her. Yeah. I found that sort of rhetoric really interesting because I found it quite obvious that Olivia must have told Britain Laura the full story, and there were little bits of information that they would drop which kind of pointed to potentially infidelity or this big moment that happened where Olivia couldn't take any more on board. So I feel like while they didn't say what has happened, it does have a few light bulb moments for me, thinking, well, it was definitely implied well, even when she recalled the story of ringing her dad up and asking him should I stick it out for a year so that it doesn't look as bad and he said back to her, no, I think if you end it now, people will realize that something has gone on for this to have to finish so quickly. Yeah. And I think it was a shock to hear how miserable she was and was at the time still doing fertility treatments up until the day they broke up. It must have been something very ears for her to go, hang on, I've got a counsel disappointment. That was the most heartbreaking part of this interview because it's so clear how eager Olivia was to be a mum. And I think that she also saw it as a solution to their relationship because it would be a different dynamic, it would add stability to their relationship. But it's so lucky that she didn't go down that path and was brave enough to end the relationship when she did. Now I also enjoyed hearing about the Olivia edit of her wedding video, so we heard a bit about how that actually eventuated. So Olivia explained that when the news of her breakup emerged, the wedding videographers stopped editing the video, and a month later they asked Olivia if she still wanted them to complete it, and she said, well, she kind of wanted to see the footage, which I can understand, like you've put all this effort into this wedding, you'd still want to see it. So she ended up getting the video email through to her one night when she was alone watching TV, and she said, of course, she watched it as you would. And she said that funnily enough, she wasn't getting upset when she saw her and ex together and happy moments, but it was more the moments with her family doing speeches, and she wanted to, I suppose immortalize those and keep them as a special memory. So she went back to the videographer and said, look, can I pay you to create a version that doesn't have her X in it so she can keep it for herself. I did find This element interesting because she said that the videographers straight away responded and said, yes, that's a great idea, but don't worry about paying her. So I feel like there must have been an obligation for Olivia to end up posting this video. Oh, I don't know if that's the case. I think that the videographer would have known the reach and also the reaction that was going to be caused by.
Speaker 1: The eligator, which would cause no But.
Speaker 2: I think that they just did it so that they could get some publicity around so do I exactly? So, I think that's why they offered it for free, and Olivia was obligated to post it because if it was just something that you wanted to keep private for you and your family, what's the point of sharing it online. But to me, it sounded like Olivia was saying she wanted to share it so others could see. You know, you don't have to have a man like this is her sort of statement that she enjoyed the day. This is about her and her family, and she's not going to sort of shy away from it for someone. I actually got my wedding video, like my speeches and my ceremony back. I don't know if I could possibly ask the videographer and edit, Like I don't know if I broke up with Reese, I don't think i'd want to see it again. But after going to your wedding, so much of the day is actually spent with your family during the day and getting ready with your bridesmaid the part of it, like with Reees, obviously you say such nice things to each other, but that's the smallest part of the day. You spend more time and you hear all your family say lovely things about you.
Speaker 1: I think it was more symbolic.
Speaker 2: I think she wanted to reclaim the moment and not shy away from it. And it's quite clear that in getting over her divorce, she's been listening to a lot of podcasts with people going through similar experiences, So maybe she wanted to pave the path for other women to not be embarrassed about it. Hey, fuck it, I'll put it up there. I'll claim this moment. We'll all power to her. I just don't think I could personally do it. How about the part of the interview where Olivia touched on future relationships, because initially she said that she was so repulsed by men that she didn't want to date anyway, which also speaks volumes. It's one of those sort of like shady comments, not saying anything, but everyone's like, well, obviously Justin's done something wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I was surprised that she's been on a couple of dates since the breakup and that no one spotted her on these dates. I wonder if one of the dates was with Agnew because I saw them together at one of Kahan's famous target dinner party. Well, she did talk about a guy that gave her the ick, that talked a lot about star signs and wanted to analyze her life based on her star sign and her family's star signs. I feel like Olivia's got a lot in common with Jesse from mass because his major ick is star sign girls. So look, I can't see them together. To be honest, now, I would love to hear your thoughts on her ex husband Justin mckinn's response to the first interview, because on Tuesday, he posted an Instagram story of a photo of the couple's dog, Ziggy, and he wrote a wise person once said, never believe there is one side to a story. I respect the dignity of a broken marriage over speaking publicly. My nearest and dearest know my side, and that's all that matters to me. That's all you ever hear from me. Thank you for all the messages of support. I can honestly say I've never been happier. It didn't take long for influencer updates au to share this post that Justin made, and the comments were absolutely flooded. Most people were supportive of Olivia's decision to do the interview.
Speaker 1: However, there were a few people.
Speaker 2: Sticking up for Justin. One of those people wrote, I'm actually surprised everyone is defending her. Since they separated, she has been dropping snippets of the breakup whilst he has stayed silent. Whether he wronged her or not, she can shut the fuck up about it Without a divorce, she literally has nothing to talk about now. Justin liked the comment and commented underneath it word. Another person wrote why is she still talking about it? Then just say why and move on, which Justin approved the comment with a like. A troll account also commented underneath saying because she loves the attention and she is milking the breakup, which Justin also liked.
Speaker 1: What a complete dickhead.
Speaker 2: I know. I just think it really showed his true colors and really did nothing for him. He's like, oh, I'm not going to comment on it, but you liking those comments about word That is you commenting on.
Speaker 1: It exactly the other side of things.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with what Justin's saying, but it would be incredibly difficult if your partner had a public profile and a lot of friends who were in the public eye, and they were able to use these podcasts to give their side of events.
Speaker 1: I do think that Olivia was incredibly.
Speaker 2: Respectful with the way she went about it, but I can see his frustration of not wanting his dirty laundry out there, particularly because it does seem apparent that he has done the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. He's loving it.
Speaker 2: He took his profile off private when all of this happened. He now has a micro following of over ten thousand people. He's the one fueling it by writing these comments on influencer updates.
Speaker 1: Are you like.
Speaker 2: Olivia, I don't post, I'm sorry, but he continually posts photos of him with other girls.
Speaker 1: He is loving it.
Speaker 2: He is clearly sharing stuff about women to get more attention.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It's true, and I feel like his response shows that he's scared what Olivia is going to come out and say. And from what I'm guessing, there's a lot of things that she could throw them under the bus about and talk about and she hasn't. I felt gas lit from his comment, and I think the use of the photo of their dog was kind of almost like not a I don't want to use wet threat, but because Olivia has been allowed to see the dog a little bit more recently, I felt like it was a bit of a well, you're not seeing this dog anymore. It would have been incredibly painful though, for him to listen to that podcast, particularly where she was sharing that she saw a lot of red flags along the way and that it was difficult for her to write the wedding speech and basically the day was great because of her friends and not him. I wonder if he was aware of that before hearing it all the podcast. Well, she did say that they were in a bad space and that the wedding day was good despite him. Obviously it's going to be quite painful to hear those things, but it appears from Olivia's point of view, and again as Justin said there are two sides to a story. But if we are to believe what Olivia is saying, it seems like he was the problem. So she was noble in wanting to try and fix things and look for.
Speaker 1: The good in the situation.
Speaker 2: And now, in hindsight, she's probably realized how doubtful she was feeling. Maybe it wasn't an emotion that she was clued into at the time. I know Justin has said that this is the last you'll hear from me. It sort of sounds like one of those threats put out by Sophie Kaisha when she announced her a split with Maddi Garrick. But do we think that he might pop up on a podcast somewhere. It reminds me of when Kristen Cavalieri's ex husband appeared on Sophia with an F's podcast after she was on Caller Daddy. I do think we will be hearing more from Justin, particularly if Olivia continues to talk about the divorce, which I think she will. She said that the more she's coming to terms with it, the more she feels like she can speak on it and help other women out. I feel like you'll pop up one of those really toxic male podcasts. Jordan Simmy's bringing his podcast back.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll hear him on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, and I don't want to sit here as well. And I suppose not say anything on this topic. I think the elephant in the room is for a long period of time, this was my life like tanning.
Speaker 2: Steph gillas Smith has been called out for contributing to tanning culture after promoting sun safety on her podcast The Kickpod Kate What Went Down So? On Monday's episode of The Kickpod, Laura Henshaw spoke about the very sad passing of suns Safety advocate Natalie for Nasia, and I really enjoyed listening to Laura speaks so passionately on this topic. She talked about how she was seeing this shift online recently where people were beginning to glamorize tanning again, and Laura went on to take aim at influencers who promote tanning culture, saying people with followings have a responsibility to their followers.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The major elephant in the was her co host, Steph Claire Smith, and to her credit, she did address it, saying that tanning had been a big part of her life for a long.
Speaker 1: Period of time. Let's row to what Steph said.
Speaker 4: For the longest period of time, I would put oil on my skin. I put it on my bloody face because I wanted to be tanned. Right, it was an aesthetic thing that I wanted to look like. And that's purely what we're talking about, is the total issue of not acknowledging the danger of that and not trying to do better. And I can do better as well. The difference now for me, I think something that really really special was actually meeting Nat, and I think she taught me a lot, and I am so I'm gonna get really because.
Speaker 5: I think what's really sad about that is because tragedies shouldn't have to happen to teach us simple shit like that. It shouldn't take someone getting melanoma to whatever extent, to whatever level. And then obviously the tragedy that Nat has been through in that it's actually taken her life, it shouldn't take that to have these sort of reminders, right.
Speaker 2: Steph went on to say she knows she can do better on her platform and has been more son smart in her day to day life, particularly since becoming a mum. She also urged others in the same position as her. Not to feel guilty, but use it as a reminder to do better, not just for your own body, but for the people you may be influencing now. Despite Steph acknowledging the negative part that she did play in tanning culture on the podcast, it didn't stop her from getting criticized in the show's Instagram promost so on TikTok, one user wrote, love you both, but Steph has been posting herself tanning for years, even with sunscreen. It's dangerous and goes against everything you're saying. Another rote Orkie Steph crying.
Speaker 1: When she's the worst in the tanning culture.
Speaker 2: Another Instagram follower wrote, sorry, but Steph has been the literal queen of tanning culture in the last ten years. She's still posting about her son baking up to last week. I hope she takes more accountability than I need to do better. If you want to keep doing it, do it, but please stop posting about it now. That comment received five hundred and eighty three likes. Steph did respond to the criticism, so she wrote, Hi, all, I just wanted to comment to let you know I have seen all of your comments and I hear you. The purpose of the segment was to spread awareness to get your skin checked and be sun safe. I have absolutely fucked up in this department time and time again. It has taken me years to learn the seriousness of sun damage, and it's taken a long time to unlearn bad habits. I'm going to do my best to avoid sharing content that contributes to tanning culture, as I understand that pictures don't always tell the story I'm.
Speaker 1: Meaning them too.
Speaker 2: In my own day to day life, I practice sun safety by wearing sunscreen every day no matter the weather, reapplying it regularly whenever I'm in the sun, getting annual skin checks, wearing hats and sunnies, and seeking shade by the pool. I've also got a lot better at all of this since having Harvey, as I want to set a good example for him. I wanted to share today's segment because it's important to me and I can see the damage that passed actions of mine have done. We know better, we can do better today. I know a lot more than I did in the past, and I will do better. What do you guys think of her comments? I thought it sounded like she'd had help from a pr team to write that comment, because I think it was quite good, particularly when she was listing all the sun safety things.
Speaker 1: That she does.
Speaker 2: I think it's incredibly tough in any circumstance to put up your hand and say you've done the wrong thing, So I do commence Steph for that.
Speaker 1: I think why.
Speaker 2: People have such an issue is that she is putting up a lot of posts where she does take financial gain from sunscreen company. So she's been running these recent ads where she'll be using this sort of buffer brush to buff suncream into her skin. But while she's doing it, she is sitting out by the pool in her bikini. She does have a shade over her, but it just sort of looks like it's playing into the whole promotion of sun tanning. Yeah. I have to admit I am a big fan of Steph kles Smith's but I am not a fan of the way she has promoted tanning culture in the past, and it is rather awkward that she has done it so recently and, as you said, financially benefiting from it. I also think it would have been nice to see this post actually appear on her feed or on her story, rather than in a comment that can be hidden and buried down. And I did find it awkward because it felt like something that Laura was very passionate about and wanted to talk about, and it puts Steph in the awkward position where she did have to call herself out. And again I appreciate that she did put her hand up and say that she's shit about it, but it would have been better to see action speaking louder for words. In the lead up to this podcast, well, you guys quite surprised to hear the extent of Steph's tanning routine, in the sense that she was talking about how she used to put oils on her face every day, and I just it made me feel sick.
Speaker 1: But it is hard when people aren't educated on the matter. But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think she was educated, Like you can't grow up in Australia and say you don't know the dangers of the sun. I think, as she said that she turned a blind eye to it because she is a model and she wanted the aesthetic look of being tanned. And I mean it personally made me feel sick because I'm someone that is so scared of the son I follow Courtney Mangen and I have followed NAT's story as well, and I just couldn't believe when I heard that she put oil on her face. Not to judge her, but it's just something that really freaked me out because you look at say, Deborah Not and she's been posting about how she obviously used to not be very son smart and the dangers that she is now dealing with in her older age of having to have all these things burnt off her skin. And it's not something that you just see effects of straight away, like this is something that Steph will I mean, I hope not, but something that she may have to deal with later down the track. Yeah. I can understand the frustration from the people who listen to the podcast because it did seem a little bit hypocritical, But I actually think that Steph's response was great, and you know, we can't always continue to slam people, especially when they're trying to do the right thing. Well, I do think actions speak louder than words. And it's funny because I noticed her next post on Instagram was her and her son Harvey at the zoo and she was wearing a hat. So it might just be small steps moving forward, and I do hope we see a difference on her account. I don't want to see any more tanning photos on her Instagram story. Well, as Laura said, it's your body, you can do as you like to it. But what she finds incredibly disturbing is when people have power and a following, if they're promoting doing the wrong thing. So I think if Steph can move forward and stop the promotion and also stop the financial gain from promoting different sunscreens, I think that people will be less likely to comment or criticize. Well. I think she can still promote sunscreens, but promote them properly and not promote them as something that will allow you to tan. I do wonder if Laura Henshaw actually called Steph Klesmith out, because again, she seemed really passionate about it, and I think they have that friendship where they could call each other out and say you need to do better.
Speaker 1: Maybe what.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: We just want to be normal people.
Speaker 3: This attention, it's so hard.
Speaker 2: Chloe Zepp has shocked and repulsed much of the Internet by posting a series of stories showing her baby daddy Mitch Orville, inspecting his bumhole for worms or hemorrhoids. The attention seeking posts come as the couple reveal only fifty percent of their upcoming retreat has been sold. Sophy, I couldn't believe what I.
Speaker 1: Was seeing when this popped up in my newsfeed.
Speaker 2: I quite honestly felt sick to my stomach after seeing these series of stories. And in the first Instagram story, we see Mitch lying on his bed with his legs in the air and these Peter Alexander themed Christmas pajamas wrapped around his ankles, and thankfully his bumhole had been strategically cut out.
Speaker 1: Of the photo.
Speaker 2: And it is the word bumhole like that just so. Mitch had this expression on his face that I just can't seem to get out of my head. It was almost this childlike glee in the photo and in the caption, Chloe wrote, I have three children currently putting baby powder on Mitch Orvil's asshole now. In the next Instagram story, Chloe then filmed Mitch in the couple's on suite, lying on the bathroom floor, legs up in the air, again shaving his bumhole area. Chloe then proceeded to put up a pole asking followers to guess whether Mitch had worms or hemorrhoids. A follower then wrote in saying that Mitch should ice the area so as you do. Chloe then showed a video of Mitch icing his bumhole on the couple's bed, whilst he remarked that it feels like.
Speaker 1: He's coloring his bumhole.
Speaker 2: Can listeners take a shot every time Savie says bumhole?
Speaker 1: Drunk waker? All I can think of is a South Park.
Speaker 2: We want privacy, we want privacy, we want privacy. Of course you're referencing the Megan macle and Harry Prince Harry payout. They've called for privacy for so long, and next minute they're putting up a video of him icing and shaving his bum Why did you need to shave it? I just can't get over the image of this ice cube melting with someone's bumhole juice on the bed that you sleep on.
Speaker 1: Stop bumbhole. It's disgusting. The whole thing's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It is, quite honestly, the most bizarre and disgusting thing I think I've ever seen shared online.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it, though you're here for I don't want to know about it. I'd rather have that content than all the anti vaxx chick.
Speaker 2: I just think it was next level, and I feel like it was put out there for pure shock value.
Speaker 1: And I don't.
Speaker 2: Understand why this content wasn't removed. Without a doubt, it would have been reported. A number of people in our group mentioned that they had reported it. Surely people aren't seeing this content and then going, oh my god, I want to spend all this money on going a retreat.
Speaker 1: With these guys.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're looking for new sponsors a hemorrhoid cream cone or one of those donut blow up things on. But the more content that you put out there, the more views you get, the more engagement that is driven. I think that they're ultimately doing it for money, because if you think about it, when Mitch had this big hiatus from Instagram, his engagement rate would have absolutely plummeted. So they're now having to do all these attention seeking things to get eyeballs back on their page, and it's because they want to sell this retreat.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's very on brand for Mitsch through something like this, like he's known for being a prankster, and also they are pretty relatable, so maybe that's also playing into that a little bit. But yes this retreat. Chloe announced that fifty percent of the tickets have not been sold, and they have been promoting this retreat for a number of weeks. Now. Generally there's so much hype, whether it's genuine or not, over these events that it seems to sell out very quickly, so it's interesting to see that the numbers are so low. The retreat is only a month away as well, so it'd be interesting to see what other attention seeking posts that they get out there to try and attract some attention towards their page. Now, the tickets do cost between two one hundred and fifty dollars to two thousand and seven ninety for the four night retreat, and Chloe did share a post revealing exactly what is included at this retreat, and some of the most notable features which I could see were things like learning to surf at Noose's iconic beach, challenging yourself with group games, exploring Hastings street cafes and shops, and.
Speaker 1: You can't forget yet the free Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: This addition of Wi Fi cracks me up because this inclusion makes it quite clear that they're trying to beef up these offerings. Wow, I mean, if that's the best they can do, I'm surprised there's not like a Chloe Zep smoothie thrown in from the beach shack.
Speaker 1: They've got a new stock left or whatever their shop was called.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, on this promotion they also reference strength and conditioning daily workouts with Chloe and Mitch. Now I do wonder is a qualified instructor through Journey retreats going to be taking these classes or are they referring that Chloe and Mitchell qualified strength and conditioning coaches because they definitely are not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that they are into fitness. They have Kick trainer Danny Kennedy as their own personal trainers, But I don't think that means that they're qualified to then be offering strength and conditioning advice to a group of paying customers. It'd be interesting to see what happens in terms of that. Look, I don't think they're qualified to do much that they're offering, other than maybe taking the people out to.
Speaker 1: Cafes on hasting streets perhaps.
Speaker 2: I mean, they did have a failed cafe too.
Speaker 1: So perhaps what to do get a hemorrhoid?
Speaker 2: Oh god, that might be in the course, Well, they put a Q and a box out for that as well. Now, this attention seeking posting has continued.
Speaker 1: So today Mitch shared a photo of a variety of.
Speaker 2: Condoms on a supermarket shelf and in the comment, he wrote, taking no more risks. Haven't been to the cinemas in two point five years. Now. This comes just weeks after Mitch shared a grocery list which revealed that Chloe was buying a pregnancy test.
Speaker 1: So what does this all mean?
Speaker 2: Because it's interesting he mentions the cinema because there was an ongoing joke about him being relegated to the movie room when things weren't going well in his relationship with him and Chloe. I don't quite get it though, because he said he hasn't been in the cinema for two and a half years. I think is he referring that he's going to the movies, He's going to have sex with Chloe in the movie theater. I feel like there is some reference towards his movie room.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went to have a look back at when they actually sold their house, and it was a year ago now that they sold the house. So it doesn't add up that he's been out of that movie room for two and a half years. It's a very odd comment and it is one that's going to generate engagement on his page. I wonder what else he'll be sharing in the coming weeks to try and generate.
Speaker 1: Those ticket sales.
Speaker 2: If anyone has worked out what this comment means in our Facebook group, please share with us, because I feel like it's gone over our heads a little bit. How dare you, sir?
Speaker 4: My Instagram loving wife there's always wanted her rathers there.
Speaker 2: This week, UK superstar Harry Starles did a showy live on stage during his first leg of his Australian tour in Perth. Now, for any international listeners who might not know what a showy is, it is a cult ossie drinking tradition. So basically you pull your drink, which in most cases is a beer, into your own shoe or someone else's shoe and quickly chug it down in one go.
Speaker 1: Now, it appears that medical professionals.
Speaker 2: Are now concerned that due to the popularity of the showy, more and more people are coming down with a bad case of gastro.
Speaker 1: How many people are doing shoeyes each day?
Speaker 2: And are medical professionals really concerned about this or is this faux concern to create a clickbait article about Harry Styles and shoeies. Yeah, I definitely think it's something that's been drummed up by newspapers, particularly those in Perth. So adopted by the name of Vincent Hoe told the newspaper that whilst the shoey is popular, it's not the safest, almost hygienic way to neck a beer. No shit, really, Yeah, he said there's potential risks of infection and getting gastro so shoey related gas story isn't unfounded either. So he has a lot of research that shows that different alcohol helps or hinders bacteria living in our shoe. So for instance, drinks like sparkling wine or champagne can encourage more bacteria to grow due to sugar yeast and the fermentation process. Who's really doing shoeies with champagne though it's usually beer. Well, a lot of the F one drivers when they win, they'll do a shoey with champagne, so it has been seen to happen. This just reminds me of a story I would have done when I was working at seven News on the weekend, because we used to do ones all the time. It was like about the risk of waste trainers and all this come up with something around. Harry Styles also saw the news were running a story about the apparent dangers of Logan, Paul and Kosi's new drink because it obviously got so much media attention.
Speaker 1: What's a new drink.
Speaker 2: It's this energy drink and they were saying that it's got way too much.
Speaker 1: Caffeine in it.
Speaker 2: You're like, Amy, been there, done that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just say this was literally my own story.
Speaker 2: I saw Adelaide News did it, and it was like all the doctors that I used to interview for my story was ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my story. I did a st Yeah that was drink and energy drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of your stories. I can't Yeah, No, I actually think that was quite a good story. I think that it's good that the news is tapping into social media interests and when they're creating drinks, particularly like this, that are dangerous for children.
Speaker 1: I think the Shiwy is more of a beat up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in twenty twenty three, a parent's really unaware that energy drinks aren't good for their kids. I remember back in the day when you guys covered the story that it was a bit of a shock because I remember when we went to our school discos when we were ten, they were handing our energy drinks because I think parents just thought they were like soft drinks. Well, the issue with this is they're saying that it has double the legal amount of caffeine that you're allowed to have and a drink in Australia.
Speaker 1: So that's the issue with it. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: These cans of drink can be dressed up to look like their soft drinks, so parents may not be aware. So I think that was actually an important story. Well, I am really thirsty because it's forty degrees in Adelaide here today. I had to beg amy to turn the air conditioning on. So let's wrap things up. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present. If you did like the show, please leave us a five star review and don't forget to follow us on Instagram and TikTok. Our handle is Outspoken Underscore the Underscored podcast and join in on all the conversations in our Facebook group, which is outspoken the podcast community,