Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show yesterday.
Speaker 2: On the show then we were talking about how another band and it's a long list that's getting longer. Another band of issued a legal letter was called a cease and desist letter. When a band or their lawyers send they send us all kind of people to stop using their songs. They withdraw their permission for you to use them in any way. And Donald Trump, I think it must have been in the Guinness World Records as the most amount of I mean every day that fax machine in the Oval office must just be a stream of correspondence from music lawyers from bands from the sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties, bands that haven't even formed yet and are just issued of him for in the future. So as another one yesterday was Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park, I mean, you don't really think as trumpy as a Lincoln Park fan like he was illegally downloading hybrid theory back in the day.
Speaker 1: It's still got lime wires. Consumer of the over Office.
Speaker 2: The original Napster. You don't what you think of, miss Link Park fan. I guess the theory was, look, you know, we've got to get Trump a song that said, gee, we can't be in another situation of bad pr of a band issuing a cease and desist. I tell you who doesn't send out cease and assist our deadly singers. Chester Bennington isn't around Himore.
Speaker 1: Let's go. They must have done a Google search.
Speaker 2: Bands they can't right back, I eat brackets, dead and go Lincoln Park. Okay, let's look out a Lincoln Park song. Anyway, we had a look around yesterday of bands who said no to Trump with a cease and assist. By the way, I can't talk about what actually happened for legal reasons that to sign another document, but the publishers. I've had several seas and assists about playing early songs before they were officially released and stuff like that a long time ago. And one of them, one of the funniest seasoned assists I got, was we were using There was a thing I was doing many many years ago when they were looking for a summer bin laden and whenever we talked about the search had bin laden. We'll be using a kid's TV theme tune, and the publishers of that kid's TV theme tune thought was too dark to be associated with this ongoing feature about the Search for Bin Laden sent me a CEA Centers system to stop using a children's theme tune. The shame that I felt that a lawyer had to get involved to not use a children's TV theme tune in a feature about the search for a summer bin lad and they sent me another one that wasn't ever allowed to know on the other side of the world.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's all right. All right?
Speaker 2: Then, bands and artists who have said no to Donald Trump. This is just ten of them. I think there is over twenty, but his ten notable ones, The Stones Fly The Stones have issued multiple cease and assist notices over the years to Donald Trump. They've now made it illegal for him to license any of their tracks, any of their tracks and there's a lot of b sides and outtakes any of their tracks for any of Donald Trump's public events. And know from the Stones as also is Rihanna can't imagine him coming out to this. I mean we saw him morphed him down.
Speaker 1: That slope.
Speaker 2: Is in ironic use of it. So yeah, Rianna also Seasons assist. Then there's ari Em I mean, how's he ever googled Michael Stipe? What did he think that stipey was gonna be okay with Donald Trump? Not only did em issue another season assists, Michael Stipe said, do not use our music or my voice for any of your moronic campaigns. That's a no from Michael Stipe, mister Trump. Then there's this one again not a Donald Trump song, is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Although it is from Despicable Me Go Figure. Then other bands, so they must have thought, who won't say no? Just give me a band name, who won't say no?
Speaker 1: Nickelback?
Speaker 2: Nickleback has said no. And also if they didn't go for rock star use one of the lesser known was, let's go for photograph. What the hell is that on Joey's head? Then he went for obviously, let's move away from rock. Let's go to classical singers. They won't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Pavarotti.
Speaker 2: Mavarotti lessen dorma is the size of Pavarotti. Pavarotti isn't on this planet anymore, but his family are. And they said, as Pavarotti was United Nations messenger of peace, there's no way you want to be associated with Donald Trump. So he goes some Pavarotti to Elton John.
Speaker 1: Elton John. What a great Elton John statement.
Speaker 2: I'm British. His political views are not my own. Mine are very different. Why not ask Ted effing Nugent or one those other effing weird country music stars.
Speaker 1: They're do it for him?
Speaker 2: I think he isn't Ted NuGen the only one yes said they would play at the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Not just that.
Speaker 2: He's offered to write a new song just for Donald Trump. The Beatles said no to this. He wants to use this to introduce a k Trump at the twenty sixteen rally.
Speaker 1: If Beatles were out, no way. This is a great song.
Speaker 2: However, the estate of George Harrison said they would consider him using this one. What it's called Beware of Darkness, Guns and Roses. Axel Rose said no, he is no sweet child of anybody. And then, even though Freddie's not around, Brian and the rest of the band are no way to this. I think out of all the songs, Trump would have wanted this one most of all. I can imagine him and that Maga hat coming out and this doing an air guitar solo to it. All right, So those are just ten of the twenty bands that have said no to Donald Trump. But I guarantee in the next couple of weeks there'd be more that we haven't thought out, that they're going to start sending him new one.
Speaker 1: The christian O Condoll Show A christian O Condoll Show