Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This podcast is for women who want to take ownership of their lives, live unapologetically, and are ready to turn their biggest dreams into their reality.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to be.
Speaker 1: Armed with the tools that will inspire to take bold action, feel confident within yourself, and conquer your goals, then you've come to the right place. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I'm a lawyer turned entrepreneur, co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and social media personality with a community of over three hundred thousand. I grew up believing I had to pursue the safe option and fit into a mold others had created for me. But then I entered my corporate law job and I realized that settling for a reality that did I didn't set my soul on fire, was something I was not prepared to do. I wanted more, and I have a feeling you do too. Join me and special guests weekly as we get down to the nitty gritty on all things health, mastering your mindset, creating lasting habits, thriving in your career and relationships, plus so much more, and together we'll gain the knowledge and perspective to pursue our wildest dreams and.
Speaker 2: Kick fear to the curb.
Speaker 1: Well what are you waiting for? Let's Rise and conquer. Hey guys, and welcome back to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. I've got a quick little solo for you today, and it's about something that has been on my heart.
Speaker 2: And I truly believe when.
Speaker 1: I kind of have these things come up, that others are definitely feeling it too, and so I just wanted to and I know actually others are feeling this too. I've spoken to a couple of people, but I just wanted to speak about basically this pressure to be perfect and look a certain way and show up a certain.
Speaker 2: Way and basically live by.
Speaker 1: What others want from you, what others think, and what society says, you know, society standards of beauty or how a woman should be, or even the pressure that we put on ourselves. And I guess the whole message of this podcast is realizing that you are never going to be everyone's compantee or you know that saying about you could be the juiciest, ripest peach and someone's not gonna like a peach. And it's I guess I have struggled with this because I am such a people pleaser and I very much look for outside validation.
Speaker 2: It's just how I grew up.
Speaker 1: And so this is actually inspired by if you guys know Whitney Simmons. She's a big YouTuber and fitness and health influencer and she did this IGTV well actually it was on her stories first and then she put it as an IGTV highly recommend to go and check it out. And basically she was explaining that you know, she gets all these She'll get a DM that basically says like, Whitney, you've gotten fat, like you shouldn't even be being a fitness influencer. And then she'll get comments that she looks too skinny, that she hasn't got enough muscle, just basically nasty dms about how she looks and how she's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: And she was just sitting there and she was explaining, like, you're never going.
Speaker 1: To live up to everyone's standards of what you should be and now should you. And I just really resonated with that. I actually kind of make it habit that I don't go into my dms too much because I feel the exact same in regards to you know, someone's saying one thing and then someone's saying the other, and you you're trying to please someone and then you don't please other person.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I've also.
Speaker 1: Done that my whole entire life, and I'm just so like done with it, Like I'm just so done with it. And then so something else happened this morning which has really inspired this like podcast is I was doing a live workout. We have been doing live workouts on naked harvests during COVID nineteen because the gyms are shut, and so we just thought, how can we help our community. We'll do a live workout when they can follow along hopefully it gives the motivation.
Speaker 2: And we've been doing that for like literally two months now.
Speaker 1: And so I run all those and I'm not a PT. I obsolutely have a huge passion for health and fitness. I love working out. I have this like really big passion and message of you know, like I'm not too worried about, like you know, doing certain exercises and programs and whatnot. I'm just more about moving my body because I know I feel good. I know releases and doorphins and I know it just puts me in a better space mentally. And so I'm just such a big advocate for just like moving your body. So that's what the lives are for. They're just to encourage people and motivate people and get them to move their body and shift you know, negative energy and do that sort of thing. And we have such a strong community who has been loving the lives and it's like so much positivity on the lives comments and whatnot. And I was doing a live this morning, and like I did this morning, Like I woke up and you know, these lives are at seven. I woke up at six, so I'm like trying to get organized, and I was a little bit all over the place in regards to just feeling a bit scattered. But my lives like they like they're casual, Like I sit there, I have a chat to you guys. I do exercises, and also, like lives aren't necessarily the most easiest thing to do. I'm like trying to focus on what you guys want, like talking to the live. Then I have to do my timer, but I've got music. It's like it's stressful, to be honest, and so like I'm literally just doing the best I can, and I love doing it with the NH community because it literally motivates me and gets me up and gets me moving.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So long story shorts.
Speaker 1: Someone commented and I never really get nasty comments, but they just said something like they're like, oh, I don't like this live. She seems all over the place, like really unorganized. And it's funny because I saw a whole heap of girls basically comment back and defend me and be like, you know, that's why we like Georgie. She's super easy to resonate with.
Speaker 2: She's just a normal girl moving her body. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement brand I co founded with my brother.
Speaker 2: Our mission at.
Speaker 1: Naked Harvest is to provide you with the supplements that nourish, fuel, compliment, and optimize your day the best bit. Each of our products have been carefully formulated using only the finest ingredients Mother nature has to offer. We've stripped it back so our products are naked. You only get what you need and only the good stuff. A bit more about our most popular products. Our natural pre workout is what you need to get the most out of your sweat sessions. It's gluten free, vegan, and has no synthetic stimulants. If you're looking for clean energy and natural mood enhancer without the crash, this is going to be your best friend. Next up is our Thrive Plant Protein range. This range is more than just protein. This protein is smooth and packed with fiber adaptions, superfood and minerals for extra tummulave increase, energy, hormone balance and mental performance. I used to be that person who would make a protein smoothie then add all these extra ingredients that my body needed, but we have done that for you, so it's a complete protein and will make your body thrive. Get yourself some naked harvest today and feel the difference of all natural supplements without the crap and just the good stuff. I also have a new special discount code for you guys. Use Georgie fifty at checkout. Buy three of either the protein or the pre workouts and get the third fifty percent off. So you can either buy you know, two proteins, one pre workout and the third the pre workout would be fifty percent off, or you can buy all pre workout or all protein. It is completely up to you and pick whatever flavor you want. So again, that code is Georgie fifty at checkout for fifty percent off your third pre workout or protein. Okay, let's get back into the show. I don't usually let comments like that get to me because I really feel like I'm at a point where I really like myself who I've become, who I am, and I really feel authentic in what I talk about and how I show up on social media. And that has actually been a huge change. If you've followed me since you know, back in the day when I was just posted like very perfect photos, I have really come a long way in realizing that to be happy, you need to be kind of like happy with yourself. You need to feel like you're enough, and then basically just show up as yourself and then the people who resonate with that and who are your people will.
Speaker 2: Show up too.
Speaker 1: So I've had a big transition and I've had this big personal growth in like the last four years where I'm like, look, this is me, this is what I like, this is what I don't like, this is what I do, this is my message, this is how I want to be this is how I show up.
Speaker 2: This is how I look.
Speaker 1: If you like it, cool, come along my journey, Happy to have you here. If you don't like, I just don't really care. And that is usually like my core belief. But it's funny because this comment fully got to me and I almost was a bit triggered and I saw it and then I kind of like had a bit of a shit, Like for the rest of the time I workout was a bit shit. And then I even called Mel after and I was like, I'm so annoyed cause I feel super negative about this, and I'm like, I know, I don't usually get you know, let these sort of things get to me, but it's really getting to me. And then I was getting annoyed at myself because it was getting to me, and I said to her, like, this is super dramatic.
Speaker 2: Now I'm saying it back, but I was.
Speaker 1: Like, I just feel like I'm not good enough for anyone, Like I'm trying to please everyone and I'm just not good enough.
Speaker 2: And Mel basically just had to pep.
Speaker 1: Talk me, which is why we all need them, and so that's why I felt really cool to do this, because maybe you need this, and she was basically like Georgia, You're never gonna you know, You're never gonna be everyone's cup of tea, like you do you there's so many people in the lives who love you, who love the way you do it, like, don't even worry. And also because I said to her, I was like, I feel like I'm in this really negative place and I feel like it's really hard to get out of, which is unlike me. And then she was kind of like just stopping so hard on yourself, like you're enough, like just it's all good, and I just like I needed that, and I realized that I was kind of triggered from that because lately I have been going a little bit backwards with my core belief and I have been trying to please a lot of people and not necessarily online, but in my personal life and in my business, and I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Going through this stage.
Speaker 1: I've realized I'm going through this kind of next stage of my business where it's just too much and we need to outsource more or hire someone new or something like that, like I just need more support. And this has happened like quite a few times, and then I'll get someone and then it's great for a while and then we grow again and we need this and so like, I'm kind of realizing what's happened. But basically, I have just been spread thin in my personal life, in my business, just doing too much, and I'm just trying to please everyone, and I'm like sitting here going I can't please everyone. And so it was just such a good reminder to sort of come back to yourself and realize if you, first of all, I guess you know, start of it when I was talking more about the beauty standards and you know, fitting into society's ideas of how you should look.
Speaker 2: That was me a couple of years ago. And that was one of.
Speaker 1: The best best things I ever did, was just be okay in my own skin and realize that as long as I am happy with myself and I'm super proud of who I am and what I do and how I treat myself and how I treat my body, and I'm super kind to myself, no no one can really rock you or upset you, and you just you won't care if you know someone doesn't like the way you look, or if you're you know, too much or not enough and all that sort of thing. So I guess that's the first thing of like having the self worth to be like I am enough exactly how I am, And you know, it says a lot more about people if they say stuff like that than it does about you.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Such a true because you are, You're not gonna please everyone. There's always gonna be someone who, you know, if we're talking about looks, there's always gonna be someone who likes to look a certain way, whether that's small, muscular, or more slender or leaner or you know, anything like that. And then kind of the other thing of not really talking about how you look, but just how you are as a person. Like the amount of times that I have been called bossy or too much or you know whatnot is just so countless. And that's because I have a super strong personality. And for such a long time I hated that about myself because I was like, oh my god, like I can't be too much, I can't be bossy because people don't like that. And I'm sitting here and I'm telling you to you know, like f that that is just so keeping yourself small and when you are, when you truly believe and know that you're enough because I'm telling you right now, you are all enough. You're just so okay with yourself and those things don't rattle you because you know you are being your most authentic self. And when I say authentic self, like, I just mean for me, like it is Georgie to be uh, you know, I'll use their words like bossy, it is me to be very strong in my opinions and strong of my relationships and stronger business and all these things like that is what makes up me. And I wouldn't have it any other way because I have just realized that, you know, we are given these personality traits and these looks and you know what else we're given for a reason. It's up to us to accept them and appreciate them and run with them and just not get too stuck on this trap about being a certain way of being perfect, because guys, I'm telling you now, like it's it's just a bloody waste of time because you never you're never going to please everyone. You're never going to please anyone. You get that point, I'm going off on a bit of a bloody rant now. Yeah, So I just wanted to touch on that because if I'm feeling like this, you guys are feeling like this, and like I said, like, life is this journey. It's not a destination where all of a sudden you're like, oh, I have self worth and self love and I'm just so okay.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's a journey where you will grow and you will gain you know, self love and positivity and being okay with yourself and realizing you are enough. But then you also go through stages where you're going to doubt that and things are going to come up that trigger you, and you're going to feel like you're going backwards. I'm here like telling you it is not the case.
Speaker 2: That is just very much life.
Speaker 1: And so whether you're you know, at the very start of your journey where you're just realizing this stuff, or you've been practicing it for a while like me, I just wanted to remind you guys that you're not gonna please everyone. Don't try because also I've realized that when you try and please everyone, you aren't your full self like because you will have to either give too much or too less, if that makes sense. And I've just realized that, yeah, when you're living in your way of you're happy with yourself and it feels like authentically you I use this word a lot, but you align yourself. So I talk about align a lot with like manifesting in goals and whatnot. And it's just like when you're living in your truth and you've accepted yourself and you do believe you're enough and you're living in alignment with who you truly are, and you're not trying to please the world and society like you attract the right people, you attract the right jobs, you attract things that you want. So it's just this whole thing of coming back to yourself. You're realizing you are enough and then you're just not gonna, you know, please everyone, and that is just so okay. But I am going to love and leave you. Thank you so much for listening for this episode. I hope you enjoyed this little pet talk and I will chat to you guys on Friday with a chat conversation with an exciting guest.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: And that's a wrap on another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast.
Speaker 2: I hope you got.
Speaker 1: Something valuable from it, and I want to say a big thank you for tuning in. I really really do appreciate it. If you're craving more than don't worry.
Speaker 2: I've got you sorted.
Speaker 1: We have our very own Rise and Conquer Community Facebook group where hundreds of like minded women joined to share in on stories, ask advice, and everything in between. I'd love for you to join us. Just search Rise and Concer Podcast Community or find the link in the show notes. And if you loved listening as much as I loved recording this episode, then please subscribe and leave a review. It really helps us out. And if you think of anyone who would benefit or enjoy this episode, please share it with them. You can also find more on Instagram at risinconcor dot podcast and more from me your hosts at Georgie Stevenson. Once again, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. This is a totally independent podcast, so we really do appreciate every bit of support. Hope you guys have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll talk to you soon