Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Welcome to show number one hundred and seventy six on this morning show. Then you can win your chance to go and see Queen Live with Adam Lambert before the tickets go and sale next Monday. And radio's biggest phone in five to two study is here as well. Coming up next'll say hello to radio's most easily confused team.
Speaker 3: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQ, Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the.
Speaker 2: World for Christian saw the Lights. I wouldn't do that, oh ConL.
Speaker 4: I've named quite a few dogs Breakfast Show.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I did in the cavity once I got in this star now.
Speaker 2: Just hearing that clip from last week's show from Peraps than the naming of the dogs. Think kids came up to me and yes yesterday and said, I've just seen the Gold Instagram feeder? Was I think you did? Him?
Speaker 6: Following that, all the.
Speaker 2: Fourteen year old kid wants to follow Instagram from the Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: TUGG He's getting up to on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Eighteen followers, Pat does Pat seriously think she can name dogs?
Speaker 6: I went one hundred percent Yes, and she can name dogs.
Speaker 2: That's her gift.
Speaker 4: Named another one at the weekend. Did you hear someone on Twitter wit I called a beautiful little black dog.
Speaker 2: What you're now doing namings? Dog naming is like the psychics at readings, don't They are remote reading where they just look at photo and without being in front of the person, they will do what's called a remote reading. You're down now you're now doing remote namings.
Speaker 6: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: You should charge four ninety five a minute.
Speaker 6: Pats.
Speaker 5: And somebody calls a hotline, you're on the other end.
Speaker 2: I think she does that. Do that nice for what we call Patsy's hard news talk.
Speaker 4: Breaking news.
Speaker 2: That's it on the hour, every hour. All right, let's fight out how everyone is this morning? Jack? Where's your head out this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm very suspicious of our landscapers at the moment. Now put a caveat on that, just in case they're listening. They do listen to the show, So if they're already listening, Hello, guys, trust you one hundred percent, But tell me if you think this sounds suspicious. We're getting to the fence. We're about to build the fence this week, and the head landscaper is saying, oh, picket fences. You can't buy pickets anymore. I'm calling around everywhere. You can't buy pickets, which has got to be like the most common fence, doesn't it the picket fence? Anyway, He's saying, you can't buy pickets anywhere. I got a specialist guy, he's got him. But it's not cheap.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very hard to get hold of rare as hands teeth, But I know a guy. He might be to make you some, but it's going to cost you.
Speaker 5: Yet you look up and down the street, every second house has a picket fence.
Speaker 2: That's weird because where they got these rare picket fences from.
Speaker 5: Apparently they're not making them anymore. I'm just putting a red flag up to the boys, to the landscaping boys, to go. I think you can get picket fences.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, people, you know what they'd be tradedees listening right now? Who will know whether or not they are right or whether this is picket fence bs. That's what they they showed. One sound for is pickeyp fence lies having come all this way to sit in the studio in here, bs like that about pickekeep fences. Sorry, it's one thing. As you can tell guys this. I'm Australian to life. Scomo hears about this, he's going to be angry in that baseball cap.
Speaker 4: Hey Jack, you know what you want? You want to get the color bond ones that you don't have to paint.
Speaker 2: I thought you mean gardeners, the color blonde, blonde. You want to get blonde gardeners?
Speaker 5: What are they built out of steel?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And they look like Richard Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Building the old Mexico Hall. Well, that look lovely. Go home, tell your wife today, I'm going to put a big still fence down garden.
Speaker 5: Well, we want him to match a gate we've already got, which are timber one. So I think we should keep the timber. And if anyone is calling up to let me know if pickets are available, windsor pickets are the ones we're after. It's pretty much the bog standing.
Speaker 2: Of the sound of that very plumb, kind of pommey sounding picket a windsor now there's a windsor not. But a Windsor picket fence. Do you know what, Let's stop the show right now, go no further until we've taken at least one call about picket fences today. Are they available?
Speaker 6: Is this true?
Speaker 2: What Jack is hearing that they are very rare now and no one is making picket fences. Please call in then we can restart the show nine four one four one oh four to three picket fences.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, fifteen minutes past six. So Jack's coming this morning. He's not sure where there's been feder line by his gardeners about picket fencing, and in particular a certain start of picket.
Speaker 5: Windsor picket is the picket we're looking for. Pretty much, if you think of a picket fence, you're thinking of a Winsor picket is the bog standard. Half the people on our street have a picket fence. But apparently the pickets are hard to come by now, and he's going to go to a special guy who's the last guy in Melbourne who has them, and then they cost a pretty penny.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So we're asking this morning picket Talk. We cannot carry on the show unless we know if these are lies about the common or garden picket fencing nine four one four one oh four three Rob, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning morning, Christian Hey Gowan.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm concerned, and why about Jack being lied to? I want to know if these are picket fence lies.
Speaker 8: Make Jack old bs my windsor tickets? You can get them off the shelf.
Speaker 2: How do you know this, Rob? For sure?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, make tins on the carpenter.
Speaker 10: I built one yesterday.
Speaker 8: I wasn't a winds up, but they're easy to get.
Speaker 2: Right, okay?
Speaker 6: And where can Jack get hold of these precious items?
Speaker 8: Mate? There's a couple of joints out there. You've got perry Bird pickets in the Coburg area.
Speaker 5: There's a few rum, there's a few round interesting Rubbi living Kobeg. So if there's a place that's supplying them in my neighborhood, then they can't be that rare.
Speaker 2: This is unbelievable, right, Rob, You've been ready helpful. I may have a good day. Good on you, Graham, Good morning Graham, go on and welcome to picket Talk.
Speaker 6: What have you got to say, Graham?
Speaker 11: I'll put breeches in bars yours?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 12: It's the bridges and bars in the city.
Speaker 2: You buy them at Bunnings, all right, Grave, thank you very much. You cool. So apparently we're getting them at Bunnings.
Speaker 13: Mary Anne, Hi, hell are you guys?
Speaker 2: We're good actually, but hopefully we're trying to find out about these lies about the good old picket fencing. Do you know anything?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I just google Bunnings. They're two dollars FIFTYHD windsor one one point two length.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: After Graham said that, I'm just googling it. Now looks like I love to get picket fence, fence, picket.
Speaker 2: Not just that.
Speaker 6: I'm just putting my glasses on.
Speaker 2: I could see now on the website Bunnings yet, Cypress Pine Lonsdale, Cypress Pine windsor yeah, all differant meal nine hundred meal, twelve hundred meal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're all here, Yeah, twelve hundred that's what we want.
Speaker 2: I think the phrase is widely available. I love the fact, Marianne, you've actually gone and googled this. What should you be doing right now?
Speaker 15: Probably getting up and going to work, But you.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's great.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to be wasting your time.
Speaker 2: All right, Marry Anne, thank you very much for your research.
Speaker 13: It's actually Marian that's.
Speaker 2: What I said.
Speaker 6: It is you know what we need to do now, need to call that.
Speaker 2: You need to call the guy. All right, everyone is now involved in this story. We're going to take a break. You need to call your gardener.
Speaker 5: You know who it is. Clinton. I talke about him last year.
Speaker 2: We've heard so much about this Mexican guy that you've had working twenty three hours a day.
Speaker 6: You may sleep under the floorboards.
Speaker 2: Well, it's time for him to come on the show and for you to give him the great Just say this is great news, this is great news. Don't worry any more Clintos about the picket fencing. It's a hard to find store called Bunnings. We think there's one or two of them around Melbourne. You can get them there.
Speaker 1: Get him on the show next the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So when Jack Posts came into work today, it was a sad look on his face and I said, hey, buddy, what's up? And he burst into tears as he often does before the show, and patted his back and said, what is up? What is up today? And he said it's about the picket fence, the dream cricket fence. Picket fence him and his wife have dreamed of getting on their beautiful Coburg property that spanned several postcodes up there, and he's been told by his gardeners they cannot get a windsor picket fence.
Speaker 6: And so we asked this morning, is this true?
Speaker 2: Turns out no, and get them everywhere Bunnings and loads of other places.
Speaker 5: Everybody's coming through the head of the landscapers or Clint, who even helped with the build a chain gang. He said, there's only one place in Melbourne you can really get him. But because they're so rare now they're quite expensive.
Speaker 2: Well, we just thought this is a moment for you to give Clint the good news.
Speaker 6: Clint, welcome to the show, my friend.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, how are you at the Coburg residence right now?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 10: On my way, on my way.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jack's got some good news you mate.
Speaker 5: Did they make you pull over the producers to take the call?
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm going to be late this morning.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's going to delay the final finish date. Isn't it now the water fountain goes in or supposed at the weekend as well, ready for the Easter opening Ghana.
Speaker 5: Now, Clinton, I didn't imagine having this conversation face to face with you, but it appears there are places in Melbourne that you can get a windsor picket for a cheaper price than the the rare last place in Melbourne that you found.
Speaker 9: Well, personally, Josh, I thought we were friends.
Speaker 5: We are no course for still friends friends.
Speaker 9: You really hurt me. I do understand that Bunnies had some pickets for the weekend Warrior. Uh I need one hundred pickets.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't trust a Bunning's picket.
Speaker 9: Not as far as I would spit a roy.
Speaker 5: Oh I've been thrown at Bunnings. Are they to her on the show and just looking outside? Yes, they would possibly sponsored the show, So you're in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: And also Clinton, quite a few other places, Yeah, quite a few other places were named as well. Might to ten have got a readily stopped. I believe of them as well.
Speaker 9: Oh right, well, they used to make Christians. That's that's nice to know. I'm certainly look into that to the next The next client who wants to win your pickets the next client.
Speaker 5: What I hate about this conversation is Clint's got such a serious voice and he's always so jovial, but he's not happy about ten.
Speaker 2: Well, when you accuse a man of picket fence lies, it's a strong I said, good.
Speaker 4: Day, sir, it's a picket gate that this.
Speaker 9: Possible?
Speaker 2: What can I just ask you?
Speaker 6: What do you think of the site press Pine wins?
Speaker 2: So while you're on right now, just on the the Bunning's website right now, looking at their huge array of picket fences available for as little as two dollars ninety nine for her fifteen your mill one? But what do you think about Cyprus Pine? What do you use on that?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Stuff as long as its prime properly, is that.
Speaker 5: What we're using? Your special guy has a wood that no one's ever heard of.
Speaker 9: Now that's what we use.
Speaker 5: You're using Cyprus pine as well. So what's to say your son bent and Bunnings One's have been Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh, go straight to the supplier.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This is what people like Clinton do. They're like magicians. It's all smoke and mirrors, the suppliers. He's a friend of mine, mister b he's about to retire. He's going to make one last spence. It's enough. Cl The game's up, my friends. Sixty minutes are on their ray now and four corners.
Speaker 5: I swear these are the last hundred straight pickets in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: All right, Clinton, have a good day on the property.
Speaker 2: Remember the water fountain goes in for the weekend. Okay, all right, just by.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 16: It's fun this.
Speaker 2: Day, mystery, On this day, April the ninth, Today, Tuesday, April the ninth, Jack Post is in charge of it this morning, Jack, What have we got today?
Speaker 5: A quick notable mention for this day? In twenty twelve, do you remember how much Facebook brought Instagram for no.
Speaker 2: Billions?
Speaker 5: One billion dollars?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 5: Only what's seven years ago? Instagram now estimated to be worth one hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Tell me this then, How does Zuckerberg make money from Instagram? Is he shifting all the information that we now overshare to other parties? And then they say they don't but I can't what count? Why would you pay all that money out? He's a smart business can be a.
Speaker 5: Bit of that, but also the advertising on Instagram. I mean, maybe you don't go on it enough to get served ads, but for the rest of us swipe quite regularly we see the ads on there, So that revenue alone.
Speaker 2: I do. I've been I've been getting targeted ads recently for ladies that are in my local area. We're not choking, that want to have a good time, really yeah, and it starts flashing out one point two kilometers away like they're coming. What was my wife going to say? I'm in order them, my uber lady, But they're always like now, they're like mature ladies that want to have a good time. Well, I don't know what one point two kilometers who I'm like, Oh, where is that? It sounded sandy or got a nice c view.
Speaker 5: But for today's question, on this day in two thousand and six, the first ever digital music charts in Australia, Aria launched the first digital music charts. What song was that number one when it first launched?
Speaker 2: Oh my give you a clue you thought my penal coch be broken yesterday?
Speaker 8: Six?
Speaker 2: Or digital charts? Oh tell me more about picket fencing? Okay, doc pop, get on off to triple with your digital countdown.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a clue, so that's not impossible. It was an Australian band covering a song from nineteen eighty four and they're at number one. Australian band cover song.
Speaker 2: Pats.
Speaker 6: Don't say anything because you've stumbled it, but have you?
Speaker 2: Have you got anything here?
Speaker 4: Well, I bet it's not as good as the original version, I'll say that much. Yeah, if it was an eighties band.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you can have your opinions when you know what it is, all right, then give us the coolest morning with your guests.
Speaker 6: And so it's the digital chart Countdown number one, the first ever number one, the first ever number one.
Speaker 2: And yeah you always remember, don't your first time you were cares, first time you lost your virginity? First digital chart countdown number one for sure? Ninety four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: We need to talk the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: On this.
Speaker 2: Day, mystery, On this day April, the night Jack Post is asking you on this day.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and six, Australia released their first ever digital music charts. But what song was that? Number one? The clue is it's an Australian band covering a song from nineteen eighty four Christians pretending to be bored.
Speaker 6: But sorry, are we on air?
Speaker 5: He thinks the words digital music chart or turn off?
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's my point is this? Who on earth would you remember the very first digital chart download?
Speaker 5: But the fun fun bit is the clue.
Speaker 2: He used the word fun fun. You sound like a supply teacher, hey, kids, or not your normal teacher. Let's have some fun today by going back in your textbooks to the first of a chat download chart of MP Three's.
Speaker 5: What Australian band was doing a cover song? That's the fun part, Ben, nothing more fun.
Speaker 2: Fun already? Now, Ben, you haven't fun many boy? Oh that's good man.
Speaker 5: What do you think it is? That's a great guess. It's not the right answer, but it is an Australian band doing a cover and I'll give you a fun fact about that song. Our man Shane Crawford is good friends with Cram that's singer a spinder bait. They grew up across the road from one another.
Speaker 2: Hashtag fun fact all right, Ben didn't give much. I think Ben represents all of us today.
Speaker 5: Actually got Jason.
Speaker 11: Goodday guys.
Speaker 15: Here you going.
Speaker 5: What do you reckon the Australian band doing a cover of a nineteen eighty four song.
Speaker 11: Is I'm going for Pseudo Echo Funky tim It's.
Speaker 5: Not the right answer, but I'll give you a fun fact about that song.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who grew across the road from I know a guy called kam Ling used to be the original bass player.
Speaker 5: I know a guy called Yuri who's in a band. He thinks he had the idea, first idea to cover that song funky Town. He thinks Pseudo Echo stole the idea to do the cover off him.
Speaker 2: Like that, Jason, all round the houses today, let's go to purpose.
Speaker 5: He was probably very interested. Brad, we're looking for an Australian band who covered a song from nineteen eighty four?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 10: Day morning boys?
Speaker 13: I think it's Forever Young, bigger.
Speaker 2: Last week, can move on?
Speaker 5: Yes it is, play it, play it, Christian?
Speaker 2: So which only one? I've got two doll clips? Which one is it the up cover or group?
Speaker 5: That's the band?
Speaker 6: Who is the number one?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Remember this, Brad, great song and then nineteen eighty four cover was Alphaville.
Speaker 2: There's also another Forever Young song as well. That's using a brilliant American TV show called Parenthood. I'm pretty sure it's the Bob Dinner the band song Forever Young I thought of first. I got excited when you're talking about Forever Young, We're going to finally play some Bob Diynnan. But no, it's not all right. That is Today's on this day in history. He's still awake.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on then to today's Holiday for a song. You're off to Dlsford to the Spa Capital, staying at the Prestige Retreats bending Zona Resort. Luxury is two nights stay country style buffet breakfast, three course indulgent dinner at the Inn House restaurant, a heritage. You could be enjoying the local wines as well, like Pat said, and you're off to the Spa Capital. This is today's winning song. It's listened like these by Inexcess. Next time you hear this your chance to win holiday for a song.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connwll Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Easter holidays are here. Now, which means if you're a mum and dad, it means you have that pressure. The kids expect to be entertained, dazzled every day with a whole array of social activities planned for them that as a kid, I bet Pats you never had any of this. I did, and it was up to us to find our own entertainment.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah. We never went to the movies or did anything exciting like that.
Speaker 2: My mom and dad would go to work because they both had jobs, and it was very much like we'll just go to me, what are you up to today? But there were some of my habits times my life. You just take off on your bike and all my mom would say to make sure you're back before it's dark. No need to even say who you were, how you might be, whether you're heading in an easterly direction. Just make sure you're backing before it's dark. And then my mum would go, where do you think you're going? Don't leave this house before having that. They might me have an entire large glass of heavy duty full cream milk, protect me for anything bad happening to me now that will happen Today's had a glass of milk for fat milk cycling on my bike like a cow.
Speaker 6: So what's already been doing so far?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm exhausted already. So Mom and Dad look after her while I'm working.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: And gosh, you had dad on a really tight string yesterday. So I rang up to pick her up and Mom said, well she's not home, said, well we're are they anyway?
Speaker 6: She's having lunch at the Lamb.
Speaker 4: Well she just about. So she ordered Granddad or grain Gag as we call him, to go to Smiggle.
Speaker 2: He walks it, she walks around literally and Alisha with a ball game grain Gag that's not out there and worribe.
Speaker 4: She wanted new pencils because you know, six pencil cases full of stationary isn't enough.
Speaker 2: So need a back up seven.
Speaker 4: So she wanted to go to Smiggles. So he took her to Smiggle and then.
Speaker 2: That him the lights in there is so bright? Am I in a Petri dish?
Speaker 4: And the smell it's all those raspberry flavored texters that give you a headache when you walk out of there. And then of course that coincided with lunch, so she said, let's do some young char for lunch. Granddad delicious. Dad's never eaten Chinese in nearly eighty years.
Speaker 2: He's gag.
Speaker 4: So yeah, she's got him on a fine string. And they're going to the movies today to.
Speaker 2: Go and see Saw three. He loves them, so yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What he's to today, is going to the movies. What about your girls, Well.
Speaker 2: My twelve year old is doing something amazing. I'll tell you what she's doing next. If you were twelve and you had this in your canondar today, this would be the greatest day of the year.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three yesterday.
Speaker 6: I had to do the thing.
Speaker 2: Surelotte parents can relate to this. Googling fun things to do in Melbourne and it needs to break for over entitled kids and all these top ten blogs and stuff like this, and I found this thing and I got to be honest.
Speaker 6: As soon as I read it, I was like.
Speaker 2: My god, I don't mind doing this. Inflatable world.
Speaker 4: I love that great.
Speaker 2: Ah, doesn't the child in you just skip for joy at the phrase one inflatables? Anyway?
Speaker 6: But the world, an entire world where.
Speaker 2: Everything is inflatable, wouldn't the world be a better place that we just lived in inflatable houses. When was the last time we went on a bouncy castle? They're great fun. That's a stiff born at you don't get to go on them. But inflatable world. So that's what lowis and her best mate s they're off to some inflatable world today. If you've got that in your day, that's all you got.
Speaker 5: When is the last time you think you went on a jumping castle? I didn't think. I've been online for ten years yet I've given the option I'd go one today, do.
Speaker 2: You know what? No, there was one of these floating ones where you swim out like one hundred meters or something, and it's like an obstacle course and it's all inflatables. It's amazing to do it with the kids and their balances. Is so much better than an old man of that who's almost a little caval and fall on you and kill you. But yeah, so anyway, we're planning this out yesterday and my wife's going to take on a friend this morning to go and do this inflatable world. And then my wife. You've met my wife, She is a lioness of a mother. How can I say this without getting into the spare room tonight. Yeah, I was concerned about danger might be everywhere. Actually said this with no ironing, you be careful, thous you don't do a forward roll and break your neck. Brutal be careful warning. And the things you have to say is parents about things. I've actually yelled at them sometimes, like take that you out of your nose, a cinder aunt, a Barbie show uper nose. By the way, case you wanted what the context was, things you never thought you'd say to another human being, and then count for you don't do a forward roll and break your neck. So that was the one in there. But it reminds me of those praises that your parents always used to say, you know what they were just it was always extreme stuff. Karen doing that you'll lose an eye? Well are these people wander around now with only one eye? Who didn't heed these warnings? You know, gavel, we don't do that, you'll get electrocuted. So let's try and form a top five of things your parents used to say n one oh four three. What will be in the ultimate top five of warning strong and graphic warnings that your parents used to say? What needs to be in there nine four one four, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So the pressure of the Easter holidays here and trying to find activities for your kids to do. Yesterday I'd found someone could take my kids to today inflatable world, a world of nothing but inflatables. My wife warned our twelve year old Lois, be careful, you don't do a ford roll. Beg carefre you don't do a ford roll and break your neck. And that was that. There you go. There it is still count on in twenty nineteen, completely over the top warnings. Yep, don't know a ford roll. You see loads of in hospital wards. Why are you in ford roll? Why are you in ford roll? There's a whole water here with her snaps heads all right. So we're trying to form the top five of those very strong things your parents used to say, those parental ott warnings. Daryl, good morning, Hey, good morning, Christian. How are you today, Jack, We're good, Daryl, WELKOMETI a show. What's the thing your parents used to say?
Speaker 12: Well, we used to half on our mother to go swimming when we were kids, and because there was no adult to go with us, she'd say no, and then she'd eventually give in and say, well, if you're drowned, don't bother coming home.
Speaker 2: There you go again. Make no sense, does it? If you drowned, don't boy the co and running home. If you get run over in the street, don't come running to me. That used to be another one my dad used to warm me, Daryl. Do you remember the other ones were your parents wouldn't let you go swimming. You had to wait some kind of lag, like an hour after a meal. They're worried. That was you drown instantly with a cheese sandwich in your belly.
Speaker 12: Yea, yeah, you won't let it go swimming for an air if you hike and or all.
Speaker 6: Right, Darryl, thanks you col might have a good day.
Speaker 17: You do.
Speaker 5: Thanks christ By Kate in Geelong.
Speaker 2: Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We're good, Kate? What was the parental warning for you?
Speaker 14: Anytime I went outside, Mum would ask me if I've got sunscreen on, and when I'd say no, she used to say, you'll get a melanoma and die.
Speaker 2: There we go. It's the something happening and jest, that is the actual the formula here, isn't it something happening?
Speaker 6: And then Jess.
Speaker 2: All right, Kate, thank you very much for that one. Have a good day, no worries.
Speaker 14: Thanks guys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: One, thank you. One final one. Then Deborah before the news headlines, Deborah, good morning.
Speaker 13: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 6: So what's the parental warning?
Speaker 13: My mom used to tell us if you swallowed your chewing gum, your insights would stick together and you die.
Speaker 6: There we go something something death.
Speaker 2: But it was chewing gum and hubbah bubba when that came along, and that would say that your appendicitis and burst.
Speaker 13: And I actually did it once and then waited about a week and figured if I hadn't died, I was probably going to be Okay.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you on the news? I mean, why aren't you touring the world the lone survivor of Even now as an adult, when I have chewing gum too, I'm still a really really I chew that and are very coarseous about more than any other food that I'll put my mouth. I'm thinking, we don't want to die, so I don't want to swallow this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I know that doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: Is it bad at all? Deborah? By The one my mom gave me was it will stick to your heart for seven years if you swallen to chewing gum. Is there any dangerous and chewing gum at all?
Speaker 19: And I think Sony would be all right, Debrah, Thanks she call mate, thank you by all right.
Speaker 6: News headlines coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: But this week Symphony God one I four point three. Come morning. I hope you're world this morning it's Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show seven thirty eight. We've got these brilliant prices every single day this week. Yesterday on the show, all over Australia, people very excited. Queen fans rightly super excited. Right off the back of this biggest music movie ever, the Oscar winning Bohemian Rhapsody, it's announced that Queen are coming to Australia with Adam Lambert. There is only one late Great Freddie Murky, but there is also only one Adam Lambert. And if anyone's going to stand in front of the romaining members of Queen, Adam Lambert should be that man, an amazing voice, a great performer, and I'm sure Freddy would give him his blessing. So they coming to Australia next week. Tickets don't go and sound till next Monday. See other mumbley said, don't listen to.
Speaker 5: Gold Well, I think they coming next year?
Speaker 2: Are they? They come on Monday, coming Monday, a Monday afternoon. They're warming up. Okay, they're coming Monday. Tickets to go them sell Monday and then they play an hour later. Because that's how it always goes. What have I told you, guys about correcting me? How many times that memo go out? Guys?
Speaker 6: Take two. We're not live, are we? This is always pre recorded. We're in the day. Yeah, the tickets gone sound Monday.
Speaker 2: However you can win them before anybody else right now on five to weik Tuesday, Melbourne's biggest phone in five topics at the same time.
Speaker 6: Here they are today then, no particular order, no idea.
Speaker 2: You were talking to a pretty big deal at the D's game Friday. I'm chatting to this guy to be fair. He just comes over to me and says, hey, I'm just a fan. I love the show. I'm making small talk. You're a fan of the D's. Oh that's wonderful. What's your name, James? Nice to meet you, James. I walk off. These two ladies come up to me and go wow, w can you believe you were talking to James McDonald. Oh no, who's the former D's captain? Former D's captain James Mille. I went back over to her, went hey, never said I send you're the captain and he's a really nice, sweet, humble guy. Goes, well, we didn't feel right. I do want to embarrass you, I said, I said, asking you, what's your connection with the club? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How do you think they're gonna get on this season? So when have you done something as stupid as me?
Speaker 2: When have you been talking to someone at the time you had no idea they were a pretty big deal. Have you ever been trapped in something unusual? Trapped in something unusual? This family's staying with us, some friends of ours over the weekend. Their daughter got trapped in a bike rack. As soon as they told me about this, I went, hang on, you make a note of this. I need to write this down. I gotta talk about this. Trapped in an unusual thing? Whatever it is. I don't want to hear stori about being trapped in a toilet or a lift something unusual. How do you get trapped in a bike rack? A bike can only get tra ap to it if you put a great we can lock around the front wheel. Also, have you seen anyone famous in the pub? Bonus point? What were they drinking? But who have you seen in the pub? Maybe your local boozers. Pomies like to say, your local boozer? Who have you had it in yours? Okay, famous people in the pub? Bonus drink if you can tell us what the bird of the drink was, bonus for what the drink was? Up? Next on then is your have you have you got a famous house? I'm looking for famous houses. Has it been on a TV show? Has it been used in a movie or in an advert?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 6: Is your house famous?
Speaker 2: And last one, after I found myself doing this yesterday, do you have a hidden stash in your house of something I do?
Speaker 20: Our birthday chocolate I've been given over the weekend because people are now I like chocolates and I don't want to share them with my beloved family because I eat or my chocolates. There's a hidden stash, and yesterday I'm always even aware of how odd this baby was. I just made excuses to my family after the tea last starts. I just need to go and get something for work, and I went to a hidden stash and I stuffed in half a bar assorted camel chocolate rehit it walked out of there like it was no big deal, and I went, this is actually pretty odd, but anyway, let's just carry on.
Speaker 2: So do you have a hidden stash in your house? Those are the five top us this morning? No idea, you were talking to some pretty big deal at the time. Have you been trapped in something unusual? Do you have a famous house, might have been a TV movie or advert, famous people in the pub, And do you have a hidden stash? You've got anything for that? Give me call nine four one four, one oh four to.
Speaker 1: Three the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Give me a chance to win these tickers this week before they go on Son next Monday talking about Queen with Adam Lambert and we're gonna give them away the best call we get to down five topic Tuesday. We do this every week on the show five phone in is running at the same time. Today you were talking about we're looking for your stories, being trapped in something unusual, no idea. At the time, you were talking to someone who was a pretty big deal. Is your house famous celebrities you've seen down the pub? And have you got a hidden stash of something in your house? Let's go straight to your calls right now, Lisa, good morning, good morning. Here you going, I'm good.
Speaker 6: I hope you are as well. Mate, welcome to the show. What have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 10: I've got famous people.
Speaker 2: At the pub? Great who was drinking down your local?
Speaker 18: Well, I've actually been taken out and you know, I was actually on a date a few years ago and John Farnam was actually at the table across from us. He was sitting there eating a chicken Palmer.
Speaker 14: To be honest, I don't know what he was drinking.
Speaker 10: But I'd gone up to the bar several times just so that.
Speaker 14: I could walk pass on the way.
Speaker 10: And on the way back I tripped over it too and spilt my drink everywhere and he just kind of at me.
Speaker 2: And last, that's great that nothing could be more Australian about your story. Bingo points Farnum Bingo points chicken palm. I mean you hear it banding around about what is on Australia. There needs to be another thing now, band around what is Australia that both of those things? I mean, you just want bonus points for this story. We can't really move on unless we get Jimmy Barnes also in a pub having a chicken palm. But Lisa, thank you for kick starting off high standard today. Okay, yes, thank you so much. That's right.
Speaker 6: Pleasure have we got here?
Speaker 2: Ella?
Speaker 14: Hi Christian, I'm calling about being trapped in something unusual.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this one. What were you trapped in?
Speaker 15: I was trapped in one of those vintage students primary school desks.
Speaker 5: Trapped in a desk where the seat is built in.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, the seat and attached with a metal frame.
Speaker 2: And so how did you get wedged into it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 15: I was about six or seven months pregnant and my brother and his wife had bought one of these deaths and I volunteered to pick it up and drop it off to them because I had a delivery van.
Speaker 12: With work.
Speaker 2: Service. Isn't it heavily pregnant women?
Speaker 15: So I went and picked it up and the guy there loaded it into the van for me, so that was fine. And then at the other end, I got fair house and they weren't home, which I knew was going to be the case, but I thought that's okay.
Speaker 14: I was just, you know, kind of insert myself into the middle of the death between the seat and the table, and it's easy. And yeah, I got it out, and I got it onto the port. I got me and it onto the porch, and then I couldn't put it down because it was stuck on my pregnant summy.
Speaker 2: So how did you get out?
Speaker 13: I was about ten minutes and then neighbor.
Speaker 2: And came and rescued by a neighbor trapped in the desk. Two great calls already this morning. We're off to a flyer Anda. Thank you very much for that pleaser. Craig, Good morning. Hello Craig. You've got a secret stash around at yours.
Speaker 8: Here you go, mate, I've got a secret stash of Kitcat gold and cheese and bakeonballs.
Speaker 2: It's a treasure trove of delights.
Speaker 8: I've got about twenty blocks of the kit Cat gold stepped away in the shoe cupboards. They're limited edition, so I had to stock up on them before they run out. And the cheese and bakeonballs. They have to hide them in various places and cavities in the house because my kids keep finding.
Speaker 2: Them and the.
Speaker 8: Sale.
Speaker 2: They're so addictive, aren't they like crack sweeties? Those? I love them?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'll go through a bag of night.
Speaker 5: What are some of the other hiding spots, Craig, Yes, you got the shoe cupboard.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's a wall cabin. It's a two story house that there's a wats every where. The year clows up and down through the house, so I'd pull the vent off and hide him in there.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I know what a lot of people do in the mafia. They use veryous safe houses to high stuff. Are you okay if I hide some of my chocolate run at your safe house?
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, we'll just knock down a wall somewhere and.
Speaker 10: Fetch it up again.
Speaker 6: Great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You cool, all right? Keep them coming. Then we got the ads, and then we got the news and sport. We'll take some more of your brilliant calls this morning, first three this morning, outstanding trapped in something and useual like Lisa in the desk. No idea at the time. Nothing on this so far, no idea at the time. You were talking to someone who was a pretty big deal. Is your home? Famous might have been in a TV show, movie around for famous people down the pub and hidden stashes The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Suder Waco Funky Town on Gold one oh four point three. We announced yesterday on the show Queen and Adam Lambert, the Rapsody Tour is heading to Amy Park Wednesday February nineteen, twenty twenty. It's going to sound Monday morning next Monday, April fifteen at ticker tech dot com dot au. Good news is it'd be tough to get hold of those tickets that is going to set out so quickly. You can win them right now on five topics Tuesday before they go and sell. Here are the five topics. If you've got anything for these, you give us a call on nine four one four one oh four three. Have you got a hidden stash of something in your house? I have of my birthday chocolate her Have you seen famous in the pub? No idea of the time you were talking to someone who turned out to be a pretty big deal. Is your home famous? Maybe it's been using a TV show or movie or an advert and trapped in something unusual like cool We had just before the eight o'clock news trapped in a school desk, Naomi, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 18: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm going to have you well the sawning as well?
Speaker 18: Great, thank you. I got trapped in my chat coach in my cat's catcage for six hours till my fiance came home. I admit that I actually had to use the kitty litter.
Speaker 6: What this has got so much going on? So you obviously cool in the cat caves to clean it out.
Speaker 18: I was just in there, like I have a chair in there, and I love like patting them and spending time with them. And I was there to say, how.
Speaker 5: Big is it?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: The cage that Hannimal lectures in me got online.
Speaker 18: I'm five six and I have to bend like halfway like bent over.
Speaker 7: To go around in it.
Speaker 18: But I somehow lopped it from and I don't know how I got trapped in there, and I have to admit I did eat a bit of a cat food.
Speaker 2: I was hungry six hours in a cat car. Yeah.
Speaker 18: And then my fiance when he got home, I heard the car try yelling out to him and neighbors, and I waited an extra half an hour. He didn't know I was out there.
Speaker 5: What was he doing?
Speaker 6: He was getting down watching TV he knew.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The chat gave me the Fowler foot when I used this TV letter, I.
Speaker 2: Swear, all right, that's a great one. Thank you very much for calling him. Thank you, Jamie Coome. Morning. There you going, Christian, I'm good, buddy, have you well, Welcome to the show, and thanks for calling us on five Tuesday. What have you got?
Speaker 11: I've got stuck somewhere unusual, okay, tell us a few years ago working in the panel shop, the bootleb on a car got stuck shut. So I thought myself, who through that little boldby on set a patch in the back side, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The safety escape hatch.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Thought I can get through there, and stuck my shoulders through and got myself halfway in there and managed to reach the boot walk and relay it, but then couldn't get it either forwards or backwards, just.
Speaker 2: Stuck in a no man's land.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it couldn't get it. The boot couldn't get it at the backside.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 11: A couple of the penal baterers come and got me looser. Half of the boss called the saf eight.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 6: Do They get vassiline or some kind of lubricant to try and now managed.
Speaker 11: To bank pandal baders. They're pretty good at molding steel, so they managed to open up that cavity and a little bit you just managed to ply free.
Speaker 6: That's unbelievable. Will pop you out there all right, Jamie? Thanks?
Speaker 2: You cool?
Speaker 11: Thanks Christian?
Speaker 2: All right, those your top us This one for five topic Tuesday nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 1: Three give us a call the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: No, I know you're doing a bit of egg guitar to that great eighties track Nick Kershaw. What you would have known, Jack is Nick Kersheer. The Thomas famous for having something called a key tar. What was a keyboard guitar? They don't really see that around much, but phats you're a you know remember back in the day they are they were the big rage or the giant keyboard and the guitar that he would have up quite high, and it was only a little diddy man.
Speaker 6: It was almost bigger than him. But that's what Nick Kershaw had.
Speaker 2: Sixteen minutes past eight, we're taking great stories today from you on five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Let's jump back to the lines.
Speaker 16: Helen, Good morning, Good morning, Christian and all in there this morning.
Speaker 5: Helen.
Speaker 16: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I meet a.
Speaker 16: Famous person in the eighties and I didn't know who he was until after I met him. Who was that Steve Harris from Iron Maiden.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. I don't think that. I mean, obviously now Bruce with Iron Maiden, but I don't think do you know what, I wouldn't be able to pick out an identity line the rest of Iron Maiden.
Speaker 16: Well, he was quite short, and he was with a friend of ours who was in a heavy metal band at the time, and they weren't in town touring, and we were actually seeing Rose Taddo at a pub and we walked up to the bar and Laurie said, oh, this is my mate Steve, and we had drinks and I had no idea who he was, and my husband said, oh my god, that's Steve Harris and Iron Maiden, and I went, oh, he's.
Speaker 8: Really short, Helen.
Speaker 6: Could I just ask you did at the washing up or empty the dish? RuSHA right now is on?
Speaker 16: No, I'm getting milk out of the fridge too.
Speaker 6: I knew it something.
Speaker 2: I knew it was something.
Speaker 6: There. There's a game, isn't there?
Speaker 2: A people of chat says we've got to work out what exactly are you doing in the background?
Speaker 6: I lost that one.
Speaker 2: Make you not that we should do that? Okay, background distraction starts tomorrow on the show. He thanks a lot. Okay, have a good day mate, you too.
Speaker 16: Bye bye.
Speaker 6: Let's got a Tim now in Blackboone. Good morning Tim, Good morning Christen, first time called good man, welcome to the show. Thanks you coring and giving us a go.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Well, Okay. I used to drive a taxi and once I picked up a small Italian looking girl from the airport and I said ready been She said Sydney and I said work or play? She said no, it works.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 7: She said, I'm a singer. I said, oh, you're in a band or something. And I looked at her and it was Trina Arena and the other one very quickly. I picked up a very refined lady. You took her to a hospital, shosked me to wait, and she's coming back out and she's walking towards me. I thought that's Jack and the set, oh wow, And I didn't recognize her us. She sat next to me for the first ten minutes.
Speaker 6: Right, Tim, you've got four here.
Speaker 7: I asked her for a kiss on the cheek and she said why And I said so I could tell all my mate and she said, fair enough, I'm getting a kiss on the tree.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tim, it's a different time. Obviously, that was in the sixteen hundreds there, Tim, thank you very much that first time caller, not quite house trained, collective backside on the shoulder.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I didn't many any harm but that, but of course that isn't appropriate anymore rightly, So anyway, glad we cleared that up thanks to that one.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 2: Susan, good morning, good morning, how are you? Yes, yes, we're good. Susan back on track chatting to good old Susan. Can I just ask if you called the show before I did? Good stove, Okay, you've been through our extensive called a training program. All right, suitsan, which one are you calling in about?
Speaker 13: Make trapped in a shower?
Speaker 2: Actually trapped in a shower? How can you get trapped in a shower?
Speaker 13: Well, okay, set the scene. I had a broken leg, so and it was in past, and I wanted.
Speaker 5: To have a shower.
Speaker 14: So put the plastic bag over the past as you do.
Speaker 13: Husband nicely puts the plastic chair in the shower for me so I can sit down having a shower, ready to get out.
Speaker 18: Call out for him, no answer.
Speaker 13: He'd gone out thinking I could get myself out of shower.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't.
Speaker 13: And every time I tried to attempt to stand up, the chair kept moving, and I'm like, I'm not doing this, So I end up with another broken Sit there and sit there, and every now and again I had to reput the hot water back on to keep.
Speaker 6: This sound warm as a kind of watery clothing.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 13: It was I thought I was literally going to a watery grave here.
Speaker 2: How long were you doing this?
Speaker 13: Three and a half hours later, he like catually comes, didn't He goes a certain periphon. Now I'm like, dude, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a brilliant one. Okay, Susan, thank you very much. She called great story. Ah, this is so many funny ones this morning. Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Everyone is trying to get through the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three five to twoesday on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gone one, I four point three. We can squeeze in two last calls. Then we got the tough job today because all the calls have been fantastic. On five Top of Tuesday. For these Queen with Adam Lambert tickets, Lachlan, good morning, Hello, Hello, I am welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 6: What have you got for us? I means stuck in something? Apparently?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It was they got stuck in a charity, Ben, stuck in a charity Ben?
Speaker 2: How do you get stuck in one of those you fall in?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I sold.
Speaker 10: My mum was throwing in some of the second hand goods, as you do, and she had the keys in her hand and let them go and straight away she's looked at me and my sister standing there. I said no, you know, like in her smaller and she's looked at me and said no, she might get stuck so instantly I knew the pecking order as well in the family, which is.
Speaker 5: So mum gives you a leg up because the doors are quite high on those charity yeah yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 10: They open in the way. So once she helped me by the legs and then to let me go, which is I wasn't.
Speaker 7: Expecting hit the bottom, ended up retrieving.
Speaker 2: But you're scrabbling around in other people's second and like shoes underpants. To me, what a horrible bullpit.
Speaker 16: That is?
Speaker 2: That is great, my friend, really really funny. All right, stay there, stay there, all right. Squeeze in one more the games where he stuck to background distractions. Hey, Joanne, Hello, Hello, what were you doing then? Ice skating?
Speaker 17: No, not ice skating. I have a secret stash of ice cream that I hide from my kids in the pea packet in the freezer because they always eat all of the ice cream and I'm over it, given it. I always go to the tub and there's never any left. So I buy my own small.
Speaker 15: Tub and I hide it in the peas.
Speaker 17: In the pea packet.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. This is why I'm hiding chocolate my own houses from the kids. Otherwise They're just like a plague of locusts. They take anything nice.
Speaker 13: Everything, all the time the time.
Speaker 2: That's it, Johanne, I totally understand. You carry on, fight the good fight, all right. Who are we giving these Queen tickets to?
Speaker 6: It's got to be, hasn't it again?
Speaker 2: Hey you're back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've got the tickets.
Speaker 7: Really awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, we we had we had in a mine. Mean's given them away to another caller, but you came along and that was such a brilliant story, so well told you deserve the tickets to go and see Queen with Adam Lambert next year.
Speaker 10: Oh that's awesome, Thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, you really job, but that is a great story. Honestly, there are so many things.
Speaker 2: Actually made a note here as well when you said that you tried to offer up your sister before you. Tomorrow's show will be dedicated to stories when we have not been a hero. I've got loads of them. Not a brave man anyone else here can do, not a superhero. All right, Well, listen, great story, Thanks so much for calling you, mate. I'm sorry we couldn't give every single call we've had today. In an ideal world, I will because they've all been outstanding. It's one of the best calls we've ever had since doing this feature and we started one hundred and seventy five shows ago. Thank you very much more Queen tickets tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: On's show, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday for lunchdow and met a very nice guy, lovely, charming, intelligent man. Sean Carliff. Got to know him because on his TV show. I think he's on in a couple of his time. It's back on Channel nine my generation, and we got really well and it says show and he's great on there, and Andy Lee's back as well as one of the team captains.
Speaker 6: And he said, well, let's go out for lunch.
Speaker 2: So he did text me exactly where it was but sometimes yeah Russian, not growing in the detail, And thought, I know Melbourne, you know it's my city now I've been here almost eleven months. I know there's a go back of my hands. So he gave me a Japanese restaurant to meet him at midday Saki sarki Japanese place. What's the right way to pronounce it? The joint is the drink Saki, especially a nice Japanese restaurant, right, And he did say, hey, ma, hall, I jumping uber here and I just say it's Sarki and he goes, oh, you mean the one down there Flinders who went Yep, that's the place. He said, Saki. Because that's what I couldn't even bothered. It would have taken me three seconds to get up his text to see it to check. Why bother? Because I know where I'm going. I know Melbourne, Okay, I get there. I go to the lady, I'm here for lunch with Sean mccarliff. I said he might be under another name. She goes, mister Simon. Yeah, why did because she said that's the only book and they had, so I thought that's his name.
Speaker 6: You know, last week we found out Shane.
Speaker 2: Crawford uses dork diglick, a great distinctive like Father Christmas of a manager in the White Hair and the White Man. He's like a tall, famous lighthouse wandering around.
Speaker 5: But do you think he has to give fake name every time he books?
Speaker 2: As I found out Jack, No, So I'm there waiting for mister Simon right after ten minutes there's no one there. I'm just alone. I've ordered a drink and then I text Sean, going are you checked in a because no, I'm here and my own name. Where are you? I then go and wander around, wander into the toilets. There's no one there. I'm the only person. Then I say the lady, is there another restaurant? She went, yeah, there's noother one. Hey, Hall went, oh god, he did say how far has that LUs?
Speaker 6: Fifteen minutes?
Speaker 2: I said, I guess getting a TAXI don'e got the vegan protesters all shut down.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to walk there. I have to jog to go and see mister so and.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm like, I hate being late. But anyway, as I fly out there, the lady comes shouts down the street. You're gonna come back and pay, she said, sticking on mister Simon's account.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three yesterday, I broke a rule.
Speaker 2: We all know, your comfy, oversized inside clothes. You don't take them outside of the outside world.
Speaker 5: You can take the bins out. How Fun's fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but getting in the car got into a public place or a supermarket. No, I broke it yesterday felt bad. I feel terrible today. But I was in a desperate situation.
Speaker 5: Were you wearing the ug booths we gave you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I still I put them someone because I couldn't take them where I was going on Friday.
Speaker 5: I didn't like them.
Speaker 2: No I do no, No, I never do that. No, I'm going to wear them, but I have a chance to take the mom yet I will. I'm looking forward with them. And I was only confused, as an English gentleman about the correct way. Which do you wear a sock inside them? Or is the the sock good question? I feel like it's a big sock so you can go bare feet inside. And then are they not going to thug up the smell? Yeah?
Speaker 5: True, I'm too nervous.
Speaker 2: I'm anxious at the moment. I've got anxiety. So anyway, I a couple of the lights of blowing in the in the toilet and everyone was moaning, and my wife went, I told you did this last week. As I've been busy. I go now, And it was like half eight in the evening. So I've got in the car and I'm literally in my comfy clothes, but I just you know, my inside clothes.
Speaker 6: I have to go down there to get a light bulb.
Speaker 2: Now, good luck trying to find the right light bulb these days, because there are over two thousand light bulbs, aren't they They're not just screwing all the bane at once. Lumens are out their head, there is a lumin Suddenly we went from wattage to lumens. I don't even know what a lumine is. It sounds like an Australian deadly animal. Be careful the lumins as well. They're get you out of Wilson's prompt.
Speaker 5: So did you take your the one that was busted? Yeah, but you're still ye.
Speaker 2: You're like looking for Cinderetta. Try to put it on the ugly sisters. You look a bit like, Yeah, I guess if I twisted the end off of what you are, I could shove it in. But I'm taking something which has got two prongs. You know those kitcheny ones now and tall at ones. They can't just have a screw in or bane at one. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm worried your house is too posh fit.
Speaker 2: For this rental, But what is that? It's like a bug.
Speaker 5: He's passed me the photo. I have honestly never seen that. It looks like a small point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, has the mega wall wards at high which has got twenty two aisles of just about everything. It had three different aisles or different bulbs.
Speaker 5: Not that thing that looks special order. That's the problem with posh houses everything.
Speaker 2: Why do I go to find that?
Speaker 4: Go to Bunnings help you this?
Speaker 2: Just thought it might be a common one. It looks like some kind of electric metallic bug, doesn't it with neg sticking out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like a mini taser.
Speaker 4: Oh, you need to go to like a lighting shop.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yep, And we don't need that in a line, So we have to go to the specialist shop. And I'm just gonna have to. I've got the photo to show people. Have you got anything that looks like this? No, I've got the photo. And just because I thought you two might know, it's a classic, A one fifty put up with the dark. Do you know what? It's easier to go down the coles and a bottom of this road in Richmond. I'll get some candles.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one Oh, four point three.
Speaker 2: Alright, Easter holidays are here every single day this week on the outword time wast We got a family pass to go to the Cabarety Easter picnic and egg hunt and at Werribee Park.
Speaker 6: Patsy goes this every year.
Speaker 2: Just under half a million delicious Cabery Easter eggs are hidden.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I looked up the record that sounds so huge. The record is five hundred and one thousand eggs in one Easter caunt. So if they put a few thousand more in, they could be in the Guinness World Record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on Cambray's and where I mean pull the old finger out?
Speaker 6: All right? So we're today is that worth time waste?
Speaker 2: Today is national currency to day and we're looking for your celebrity currencies. I've got dollar bill, Murray, dollar bill, Murray, rupee grint. That's good, ye rupee grint.
Speaker 6: But Simpson.
Speaker 3: The Thai Bard, Yeah you got it, yen Folds five, yen Folds five, and Barney Rubel barneye Rubyl.
Speaker 2: I reckon. I might just ride out of here now pick up the show after Easter. Okay, what have you got them? Celebrity currencies?
Speaker 5: Deutsche Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 19: Yes, sounds like one of his movies as well, Deutschemark, Christina agu lera smooth. I was trying to say hard with Yenny Yeah, yeah, Old it's Ben Cousins or Yen Cousins.
Speaker 5: I got Yenny Loggins.
Speaker 2: Jenny Loggins is great. I hope there is an impersonator or a trip hat cool Yenny Loggins. I'm gonna google that right now, find out All right, then that's this Mornings one. If we can do that, I'm sure he can do even better. So we're looking for your celebrity currencies. Best one we get to get a family pass out to Werbury Park for the big Easter egg hunt. Texting now then celebrity currencies Oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Text number for them is O four seven five O three one oh four three. Were mark them in ten minutes time?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Tom Petti, I won't back down God one oh four point three. Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Today's at work time waster celebrity currencies for.
Speaker 6: Grabs end This looks brilliant.
Speaker 2: You've got kids over Easter family pass to go to the Cambury Easter egg picnic and egg out at Werribee Park on Good Friday. Sean Coinery cried start gold bangstraight into it. Thank you, Sammy Arnold Schwartzer Nickel gold, Robert Dia Miro, Robert di Miro, Donald Trump Pence silver plus yea eureque Iglesias.
Speaker 5: What's the what's the currency are euro?
Speaker 2: Okay? Bronze, Brad Bitcoin? That's really smart gold, very good. Luke and Noose's back, he's layoff there. Great seeing about Luke uh dollar.
Speaker 6: Parton Silvil plus Bernie don Henley.
Speaker 5: Gold because.
Speaker 2: Show Lord number one, Kim Card, Kim Card Cashian oh yeah, silver, Don David and Mill Park Nicole Cage silver handle Mint Eastward silver plus. Russell Kroner.
Speaker 6: That's great, that's really smart gold plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Glenn Bundora. Okay, who's getting the big family pass to gout to where we part?
Speaker 5: Russell Kroner, Russell.
Speaker 2: Kroner, Glenn n Bundora, You're the winner. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three so early one.
Speaker 2: We just gave away tickets to go to the Easter. I cahn't out at where we part, which sounds great fun. We're talking that today on the show about the pressure that parents face to do all these activities with the kids. You must have done some with Ordie. We're a best intention. You think is me a great day and it's just an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 4: It's usually in Melbourne. It's whether weather related, like it's poured.
Speaker 6: Rain, got to go somewhere indoors freezing, or.
Speaker 4: She's developed gastro halfway through the day. Or those indoor child you know those indoor play centers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, with the ballpits and you got to crawl through and find them and stuff like that. There's other dads going the other way, go through that netting and stuff like that, slipping horrible. The worst thing we ever took them to was about two years ago to a place called kid Zania. Sounds good though, Oh yeah, sounds great.
Speaker 6: I'm storing I'm never going to be the same because of what happened at kid Zania.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you the idea. Doesn't it sound like, no, thanks, I don't want to go in that place. What if the world is run by kids, not a good idea. They're terrible little people at times, so they misbehave. That's what this was an underground plate nightmare of kids running the cante, kids running a hospital, kids in charge of the whole place. You drop your kids off there and they take on jobs and actually run the place. So there's a que round the block because the little you know, some little eleven year old doesn't know how to work the tail and stuff like this, and they're worst day of our lives. Kids.
Speaker 6: You honestly, it was just awful.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it exists here as a proposition for children anything.
Speaker 5: What is it about kids that they love pretending to do jobs? Because we went to the virtual reality place in the city. Yeah, you can play it, you can buy zombies, you can do archery, you can do.
Speaker 2: The kinds of brand new brave frontiers. What in my fourteen year old teenager decide to do?
Speaker 5: She did job simulator so she can work in an office and send emails and sign the office birthday can.
Speaker 2: As she was organizing, someone was leaving. She organized the signing of their car. They went pay quite a lot few education.
Speaker 1: Please Oho Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What a week of announcements. Yesterday it was Queen with Adam Lambert coming to Australian tourning this time Russell Morris. Oh yeah, we should all go. Russell Morris Official Black and Blue Heart album launch Wednesday, April the twenty fourth at the ESPY, which is amazing now have you seen it? Tickets go on sale now through Moshtis to go and see Russell Morris launch his brand new album, Black and Blue Heart Wednesday, April the twenty fourth at the sb Tickets are on sale right now through Moshticks Get them.
Speaker 6: Why do you can the.
Speaker 1: Christian who Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: That is it for us.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning. More chances you go and see Queen with Adam Lambert. You can win your tickets tomorrow. They don't go and sound till next Monday. Apparently it's a gu ten That light bulb I couldn't identify, how so much?
Speaker 4: Where do you get them?
Speaker 2: I had no idea actually, just gonna under the streets, going down Swan Street in a bite, just stopping stranger and going Okay, have you got a gu spared? G U ten on you all right? Title of today's show is mister Simon. Tomorrow on the show, we're looking for stories about not a hero and we might trial our brand new game background distractions. Huggies coming up next. Have a great day, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Quick Days from six Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three