Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Wood Street. Wretchman, this is the Chris Jian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Did you say fomo?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: We'll go all right?
Speaker 4: The everyone Happy Mondays to Christian O'Connell Rackford Show Show number one one three.
Speaker 2: Pats still a.
Speaker 3: Good weekend, had a great weekend? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a Jack with a good weekend then, I mean it was one last week I think so looney. We went all the way out to Werribee and Jack drove out there. I drove out there on a Sunday, supported the band. It was lovely to be out where you live.
Speaker 3: What did you think? What was your impression?
Speaker 2: I tell you what I thought. Where's Pats who lives here?
Speaker 3: I was nursing a sick child yesterday? What that's so funny? If she had guests stroke? She wasn't at yea. I was going out and spread the illness. Oh okay, but I heard it was then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was great. The whole team were there. Oh yeah, all the team.
Speaker 2: Were there, weren't they were?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean everyone, you know, so the boss was there as well.
Speaker 4: And to get her out of bed early on Sunday, out the bookies and away from the track is incredible. But it was great to see her and she was upright as well, you know it was she was there. Yeah, it was an amazing day. But but you went and had a massage.
Speaker 3: No, that was the day before.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see right, yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I'm just saying it was nice to see the team there, and.
Speaker 3: I would have put the kittle on for you.
Speaker 5: Well, we didn't know where you were. You didn't There was no text to say that. The only text we got on every all weekend was on Friday night you said, hey, is it all right if I take three of the band's tickets to use for my family?
Speaker 4: Snaffling up the tickets you had no intention of using. Probably sold as well. I saw Chris out there by the way selling the tickets.
Speaker 2: It's good to be.
Speaker 4: I b backstage tickets meat bungalow before the gold stage.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Perhaps you're right, that is beautiful out there.
Speaker 3: We were married out Cris proposed out there actually, and we were married out.
Speaker 2: There by the Victory College. Bit.
Speaker 3: No up on the they did the horse jumping, not where they not the equestrian center.
Speaker 2: No, but there's a smell of horse poop out there, isn't it. I mean, is that what we got? Down on one knees.
Speaker 3: I just give up with you. I really don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought it was absolutely stunning out had a great spot.
Speaker 3: Did you see the giraffes on the way past at the zoo? Did you go down the back road?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Funny enough.
Speaker 4: The shortcut to get to the site doing the bandle didn't involve driving through the.
Speaker 3: Giraffe house, dodge the rhinos, drive through a zoo, It's not I could drive through zoo, you could see them all.
Speaker 2: I thought it was stunning out.
Speaker 4: There, and I have to say, Pats, I felt quite at home there because it's a nice, stately home. And you, yes, you would drive an hour to find one, but you do have them your old house.
Speaker 2: In English? Yes it did.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, I'm in the settle down to an abbey and I'm telling you now the band bungalow. That's why we're out there yesterday. For it was the big combination of one Last Dream the last five weeks we've been doing it on the show.
Speaker 2: They weren't just good.
Speaker 4: They absolutely smashed it, didn't they They completely.
Speaker 5: Won the crowd over by the end of this set. They were fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was amazing to see someone overcome. They were so nervous beforehand. I was starting to think, oh, is this going to be okay? And there was a lot of people there. So the gates open at ten thirty, huge cues, and then by eleven thirty just after that when they came on, there were a couple of thousand people there and.
Speaker 5: But Dale, the leading or, even said into the microphone before they started, hey we're really nervous. He talked for a bit and he's like, all right, shut up, Dale.
Speaker 4: The video is just about to go up on our Facebook page. O C one four to three would catch up the band Laatee this morning. But when you see the video you'll see just how great they sounded. They did absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: When you're at the side of the stage with me yesterday and we're watching the band and you're watching the crowd. Have you always wanted to be in a band?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, I mean I was for a period of time in high school.
Speaker 2: I saw it yesterday. No, it was It's cool. I could see what it meant.
Speaker 5: There's something about those daytime festivals as well that is so I love the feeling of them. And it was a true standing side of set stage watching the band like plugging their guitars, sit down at the drum kit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I was watching you watching them, and I was like, oh, I get it. Of course you used to be in a band. And I bet when you watch that, you were like, I'd love to be taking part and sort this and playing on a festival like this.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incredible. One of the great privileges in what we do is sometimes you can go backstage, and I've been lucky enough over the years to go and bring bands on and watch them getting ready. I've always been utterly fascinated by it, more so than when you see them sometimes later on when they're out there. I love seeing the bit beforehand, what they do, and some of them have their own little rituals and habits and patterns and used their little mental preparation. They go and hunker down separately. And then I see all the guitar text getting the guitars ready, and you see the whole rack. There's about five or six different guitars for different songs. And then even the guitarist they had was a baggage handler by day over in Hobart. I was noticing how he was using different distortion pedals for the different songs.
Speaker 2: He wasn't amazing, by the way, yesterday.
Speaker 5: It is one thing we didn't get the band. I mean we got him everything from Limo Champagne to the venue. We didn't get him a proper ROADI because they go thank you so much. You've been watching Bundlow backed up their own instruments.
Speaker 4: That was the only bit where the illusion fell away too quickly. And then Paul Collett, who works on the show with us, I've said to you, why is Paul Collett being used as a human mule right now? She was like lugging her eight guitars strapped to her and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Check out the video on Facebook C one four three of how they got on yesterday last week on the show, I think two weeks before that. But we do a thing where you can always just email me about anything we've talked about on the show that you've heard us talking about. We would talking about dangerous playground games. I think it was actually about two weeks ago. My daughter got back from camp and I got it on by the way, you know, I told her.
Speaker 2: She told me I thought she'd.
Speaker 4: Called it murder ball, where it was volleyball but you could tackle each other. Yes, it was actually called death ball. She said, you got it wrong. Someone at school said, did your dad was talking about the game we played?
Speaker 2: Did you tell him about it?
Speaker 4: She was having a go at me, and I thought she was upset that I was telling stories. She was like, no, it's called death ball. They're really upset that you said. The raad it was called murdible. Anyway, because on the show Late to the Party you're talking about danger's playground games. I've got a great one. It was the happiest days of my life. Basically, two boys would shimmy up a football goal post. Now, obviously where this is obviously a listener in England football, we're talking about the original football, not the one. You stole the name from it and you call it foote, the original footee.
Speaker 2: So think about a soccer goal post.
Speaker 4: Okay, you shimmy up the side and then you'd have to go along the crossbar. That's the top bit, like hanging with your own Get this bit then, so you've got you've got two kids there they meet in the middle, hanging in the air, hanging on for dear life.
Speaker 2: You then have to.
Speaker 4: Kick the other kids. First to drop is the loser.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they had something like that. I'm gladiator.
Speaker 4: One of my greatest memories and victories in life was when I was in year three I beat a year four at this game that comes from I've just seen where he's from. Stuart in Glasgow, Scotland.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You ever.
Speaker 4: Reword this as a friend of yours?
Speaker 2: Ever used a VP?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, a friend of mine knows it? Well, yeah, yeah, actually I reckon a lot of Austrains would have used it. It's a VPN. What does it stand for? Virtual Private network?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: It is so that you can watch.
Speaker 2: Three conviews with a VPL, which is something else? What's that?
Speaker 5: You don't know what a VPL?
Speaker 2: You don't know what a VPN is.
Speaker 4: Really is it? A discussion on it?
Speaker 2: You can't ask pats what it is. You don't know what one is.
Speaker 4: So if a lady lady came up to him and said, oh, listen, you know you've got VPL be careful.
Speaker 5: Be worried.
Speaker 3: Should I be worried?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, yes, yes, yes the VPN.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Friend of mine, how friendly.
Speaker 4: Pretty close to me, One of my best friends Friday, he got one for the first time.
Speaker 2: Game change, isn't it?
Speaker 5: And is it because you wanted to watch He wanted to watch out. He wanted to British shows and stuff that was cut out from So it allows you to set your internet up so it looks like it's either in the States or in England or something.
Speaker 4: So you feel like, sorry, my friend told me, it feels like you're kidding the internet you think.
Speaker 2: Come from over there. I'm not. I'm here in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: But you can get TV shows that normally is restricted because of the location.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this friend of mine, yes, he and his family have recently moved to.
Speaker 5: Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, why not?
Speaker 4: Sorry, yes I have yeah, of course said they've moved to Australia. That's right, they've moved to Melbourne and they're missing a TV show called I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here, the British version, which bizarrely is up up the road, up a very long road in Queensland. We've always watched several last ten twelve years together. Was Ah, there's Australia. Now it's in the country that they are living. Is a getting confusing, right, they are living in so we wanted to watch it, so thanks, they wanted to watch it.
Speaker 2: So they've got one of these VPNs.
Speaker 5: Now is it actually illegal?
Speaker 2: Nor? Well?
Speaker 5: Is it's only your friend? Why aren't you talking now?
Speaker 2: I was just wondering if anyone is in prison right now?
Speaker 4: So what are you in? I stole a car, what are you in for? I was watching some TV shows. I was watching a couple of episodes a game with throws. He's over there on b wing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't mess with him.
Speaker 4: I don't think it is illegal, but it's not.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 5: It feels sneaky, doesn't. I think a lot of Austrains have done it because a long time we were cut out of American TV shows British TV, so.
Speaker 4: You're excluded from all these great TV shows, so why wouldn't you feel like you want a bit of that. So the amazing thing for this VPN that my friend has been watching over the weekend with his family is you can't forward wind the adverts. He said that, yeah, held, he speaks to a lot over the weekend, so you're getting all the Christmas British TV adverts and it's been making his family feel quite homesick because they're all like TV adverts. TV adverts here are based around what Christmas is like here, but obviously in the UK sorts of snow and there's a reindeer and there's Father Christmas and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's quite odd.
Speaker 4: It's quite kind of looking through a little Alison in the looking glass well.
Speaker 5: And he would be able to convey that emotion to you, and now you're conveying it to us.
Speaker 4: He's a good talker. I hope you realize that's nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Christian, I'm using a VPN right now in China, where that much is illegal to use a VPN. Someone's just googled saying it is not illegal in most of the world. There's only a couple of countries someplace in the Middle East, China and I believe Russia as well.
Speaker 2: Where using a VPN is illegal.
Speaker 4: So someone is actually risking imprisonment just to listen to this radio show. It really isn't worth it.
Speaker 5: And now leaving a trail, a paper trail.
Speaker 2: Going down.
Speaker 4: Alright, it's gold one in four point three mornings the Christian O'Connell breakfast show every day this week we have a top of the arrange drill for you to win, and is a Dwalt. I'm sure any trades who are listening right now would agree to. Walt is the ultimate and drills. I was lucky enough to be given one as a present a couple of years ago. I took it out here with me. It's an amazing bit of kit. You've been using the one that we were sent on Friday to do this feature you're about to hear here. It's an amazing drill worth over seven hundred dollars. Get one hundred dollars off selected to Walt's Skins with trade ins ends this Friday this to walk drill. Then brushless, two speed hammer that's good, three speed impact driver, that's right.
Speaker 5: I mean there's two drills, the biginning this morning.
Speaker 4: That's it, and then the multi vaulted charger and battery.
Speaker 2: How are you winning that?
Speaker 4: You've got to guess the song that's been played on the drill as we play drilling.
Speaker 2: In the name of.
Speaker 4: Drilling in the name of yep, drilling in the name of Okay, we're gonna play a song on the drill on the duwalk that you're gonna win. You've got to guess what the song is? Little demonstration here perhapsy this one's for you you already played.
Speaker 3: I am all right?
Speaker 2: What's this.
Speaker 3: Bag's back on the water?
Speaker 5: Well done?
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Eight remix remix. I won't to hear that song now, all right? Then here's this morning's one for you to play. Nine four one four, one oh four three? What's this song? On the d walk drill? I'm gonna love these this week, all right? What's the song? Nine four one four, one oh four three, one more time? It's on a de walk drill? What's the song? Give us a cool now we'll take your guesses next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Every single show this week, this time of the show. Then little prize, it's the top of the range to walk Drill. You've got to guess what the song has been played on the drill in drilling in the name of all right, here's this morning's first one. Guess the song being played on the walk drill.
Speaker 2: What do you think this is? All right? That's good to lines James, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Is it Whitney Houston? I will always love you?
Speaker 4: All right that listen, I'm going to play again. So that's the song you think it's Whitney Houston.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play it again, and you try and sing along to where you think it's Whitney Houston. Okay, James, Oh no, listen at the top of the range to walk drill. Okay, here we go, James.
Speaker 6: Will always answer.
Speaker 2: Here. It is great remix.
Speaker 4: Well done, James, Well done for singing and on reluctantly as well.
Speaker 2: Early on the Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Good man, you've won the walk Drill worth over seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh that's awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 4: And please enjoy the two speed hammer the three speed impact driver, that multi vultures charger and the battery as well. It's a life changing drill. It's not a drill, it's a new you. It's a new life.
Speaker 5: What are you going to screw in first, James?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, well, I'm going to.
Speaker 8: Be playing that song all way on the drill.
Speaker 6: In the name of.
Speaker 2: Point three. Thank you very much, Jimmy, have a good week.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold four point.
Speaker 4: Three the radio station has the Golden Ticket. When Jack and I were out at Wherey Mansions yesterday for Bungalow opening up one electric day, quite a few.
Speaker 2: Of you I spent.
Speaker 4: In fact I spent to someone who've got on the shortlist on Govern Miller's show on Friday. For the Golden ticket, you can be going to see Phield Connins Live and on with Brian Adams. One golden ticket gets into all these shows, the Tennis, the Eagles, Melbourne Cup, Carnival, Brian Ferry, Red Hot Summer Tour, Kylie Hanson, Darryl braithwait, loadsmore. Only got to do is be listening for the Golden Song every hour from ten am this morning. Last week on the show, we were talking to Bungalow on Thursday getting their rider requests, and they've got a great email from Ireland, Dublin, where there is a rock and roll museum. I've been there, right, it's a great museum. If you every luck enough to go to Island, go a Dublin, amazing city. And on part of the rock and roll museum they've got famous bands riders. They're all framed. And he sent me a photo of this one. I've not seen one. I went there years ago. It's Slayer. You ever heard Slay Alive?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sort of like even a dirtier Rougher Metallica.
Speaker 2: Oh my word. Yeah, I went. Friend of mine's a big metal head, right, he won't come asho slay with me. I'm not really Fanny because coma who slay with me.
Speaker 4: We went to see each Slayer and for a month. I actually go to the doctor a week later my hearing was ringing. I thought I'd never be okay again. Ever, it's the loudest noise I've ever heard. It was Slay Alive. Anyway, this is there. This is amazing, right, Slayers rider fifty thousand live bees for dave one thousand snow white goats for slaughter, hellow butcher to slaughter the goats, freezer bag and callers to preserve the goat meeting so I can get home and make a slow roasted goat, tacos onion, four yoga ball chairs, a battle axe, and the finger bones of Saint George. That's the slayer band. Request, where do you even put the bees? Forget about all the one hundred snow white goats with sauterers. Where you're going to put the fifty thousand live bees per day?
Speaker 5: The bees and goats separated.
Speaker 4: Hey, Patsy, I know you get into Christmas? Okay, do you do the whole Elf on the shelf?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, we do.
Speaker 4: I find that terrifying really, Why it's just right. The concept of elf on the shelf is there's a thing that you're going to put on a shelf that's got a live screen to a guy watching you online at the North Pole, at the North Pole, keeping on whether the kids are good or bad.
Speaker 2: It sounds terrifying.
Speaker 3: She gets up in or he gets into all sorts of mischief while you're sleeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if I was a kid, it would freak me out.
Speaker 5: The Elf on the shelf, is elf on a shelf new I mean, I have heard of it, but were around.
Speaker 4: For years in America and it's now going all around the World's the last couple of years, it's got bigger and bigger in Britain's and its it's over here now as well as it's huge.
Speaker 5: So he doesn't actually have a camera in his eyes.
Speaker 3: Jackie really does.
Speaker 5: God Nanny cams, which is like a tech.
Speaker 2: That actually goes directed.
Speaker 5: Christmas went directed the North.
Speaker 2: Who's it going to? Where creepers watching it online? I like to see if kids are being good or bad.
Speaker 5: Maybe it goes to mom and Dad's phone so you can go, hey, you were eating plado the other day.
Speaker 4: I told you I eating bladeo. You're getting a bendicide. So it does not get freaked out by this.
Speaker 3: She loves we called a Rosie, you name her. We've got a girl if we call a Rosie. And in fact, when she went back on Christmas Eve there were tears because she was missing Rosie so much.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it doesn't sound right, Patsy, there's someone on the sholf and where does she think Rosie? It was Rosie is watching on behalf of Father Christmas totally.
Speaker 3: She's totally sucked in by it.
Speaker 5: So if Audrey loves Rosie, it's sort of like Stockholm syndrome because the security guy watching over her, but she still feels emotional for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah or her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well she connectsit with getting presents on Christmas Day, doesn't she?
Speaker 2: So and So just already believe that Rosie is monitoring her behavior.
Speaker 3: Totally completely and keeps asking every day when does Rosie come? When she arriving? When she coming?
Speaker 5: And where?
Speaker 2: Can I ask?
Speaker 5: Where she stays at the North Pole.
Speaker 3: She goes back to the North Pole and helps Santa prepare, but up in the loft here, I don't know where you might keep her?
Speaker 2: She where is she in the house like watching your kids?
Speaker 3: She moves around? Oh my god, this is just she'd send you some of the photos from last Christmas.
Speaker 2: She moves around. So what her been in different rooms?
Speaker 3: And the different rooms? Yes, she could be anywhere when you wake up, you don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I'm going to get one for Jack? Keeping out on Jacking? The show, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hello to everyone we saw yesterday when Jack and I were out for Bungalow who smashed it yesterday out at Werribee Mansions. It was lovely to meet so many of you. One of the highlights was of lady called Jane, who simply came up to me and just went. I was skeptical at first, didn't say anything else, shook my hand and well obviously went. And I'm thinking I think that was a compliment wrapped up in the complaint it implies.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it could imply that she's not skeptical anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was just left hanging the wind out there, and that smelly wind sometimes with various bits out there. Hi, but no, we had a Bungalow were outstanding. They weren't just good, they were better than that. They did themselves proud they were. It was very emotional for them beforehand and even more so afterwards when they did their four songs. But they were brilliant. We'd catch up with the boys later on this morning. If you want to see the video, it's a great one. They are so good up there, so relaxed. They should have been up there anyway. But life God in the way, I guess. But have a look at the video o C one four three on our Facebook page. Now Christmas is coming right, I love Christmas. When the tree goes up, we have a ritual. The tree goes up, we all sit down and watch Elf together. We decorate the tree together. It's a ritual women doing since we've had kidsbviously, not when they're babies.
Speaker 2: They were useless of putting up.
Speaker 4: The decorations, the babies, theazy little things. However, you know there is It's all about the timing, isn't it. When does the tree go up? You know you get those miserable people, you know put up the day before. We only put it up on the twenty fourth. What's the point? You want to see the tree up there? It makes you feel good that lights are twinkling in the evening. However, there's a time when I don't think it's right for it to go up. Did you put yours up over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Pats?
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday, yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: I believe yesterday wasn't check my calendar.
Speaker 4: November the twenty fifth, November the twenty fifth, December the twenty fifth is Christmas Day. Correct, November the twenty fifth is November, correct, the twenty fifth, four weeks before.
Speaker 2: So you always do that.
Speaker 3: Oh, now we've got a kid, we do you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you don't. Don't you get over familiar with it?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's great, we love it.
Speaker 2: So it's up.
Speaker 3: Now it's up.
Speaker 4: See, this is what I think, right? You know there are bridezillas. Oh, Christmas silla. It's a new term, it's a new condition. And I don't think Patsy's alone. There might be other people listen to this going. Christian's got this wrong. We put our tree up over the weekend. Do you think, Jack, there's other people in Melbourne who are Christmas willas like Patsy's, who've got their tree up at home already.
Speaker 5: I think we'll find people who have do you, pats do you already have presents under there?
Speaker 3: No, but that's happening this week.
Speaker 2: You're so organized.
Speaker 3: I've finished Christmas shopping.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I can't stand that question. I can't stand that person. There's no need for that. Don't shame the rest of us. That is what Christmas Eve is for.
Speaker 3: That's Chris's birthday, Christmas Eve because his birthday is on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: So his birthday is on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: He was born Christmas Day. That's why Jesus, you can't have a birthday on Christmas Day, so we celebrate the birthday Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: So does he get in a crip?
Speaker 4: Does he work getting a little crip?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I don't know what that need. But why do you need to get the Christmas present so early?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just because it's Chris.
Speaker 3: To be organized, to be organized so he doesn't miss out, because it was always merged into one when he was a kid.
Speaker 2: I bet you so.
Speaker 4: I like to make feel sorry for those kids because everyone no one were angela Christmas party for birthday because it's Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: He never had a birthday party. So for his thirtieth I gave him a big surprise thirtieth. He'd never once had a birthday party.
Speaker 5: No one could come because it was Christmas.
Speaker 2: Chris, not only a.
Speaker 4: Party, no one's coming. But look at the email sent out, its beautiful artwork on it. All right, I'm determined to buy that this morning. It's Patrina Jones, the only person in Melbourne with a Christmas tree that went up this weekend and.
Speaker 5: All Christmas shopping done. That's another that.
Speaker 4: Is just it's makes me feel anxious. Now really I need to get on and do mine. Yeah, you've present shamed me.
Speaker 5: There's nothing I feel sorry for the puppy that you're getting aladery that it's already wrapped up.
Speaker 4: He's moving around is what's helping, and it's it's wet itself a lot as well.
Speaker 2: All right, Colin, Now are you a Christmas Zilla like Patsy the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: So Patsy put up her Christmas tree yesterday and by the end of this week all all all the Christmas presents will be done and under the tree. It's astonishing the productivity. Yeah, you are a powerhouse pats Actually finally I was like that at well, now you are actually could have do all that, but the tree going up on November the twenty fifth. I don't understand. I think Patsy has got a condition. I'm naming it now. She's a Christmas Siller and I'm trying to find out any of you also Christmas Dillas?
Speaker 2: Have you got trees up?
Speaker 1: To?
Speaker 2: Lynn?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: How are we going?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're right, you don't sound too good then, what's up?
Speaker 10: Oh, Corry, I'm driving, so now I'm on hands free?
Speaker 2: Are you always?
Speaker 4: Is this emotional and down when you drive? What's what's so upsetting about driving? Or is it where you're going to?
Speaker 10: That's some good? That's Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Gray is miserable.
Speaker 2: And we're on the radio.
Speaker 4: So then tell us about your Christmas tree. Don't tell me your Christmas dinner.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 10: I had my tree up last week. What yeah, and I have wrapped all the presents they're all around the tree. But I did all my Christmas shopping last December January. I was overseas, so I went crazy.
Speaker 2: That is I mean, you got your Christmas a year ago. That's astonishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I'm going overseas next year, so I'll end up getting next year's Christmas presents when i'm over there as well.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, though, I think it's making you miserable.
Speaker 10: I work, I have a second job.
Speaker 6: That's why my tree is up so early.
Speaker 10: Last year.
Speaker 6: I didn't i'd put well what they call a stick tree up.
Speaker 4: So I might be new to Australia, but I've never heard the stick tree for Christmas?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 2: Just a twig?
Speaker 4: More? Or less.
Speaker 10: But they've got lights actually on them.
Speaker 5: Their wife.
Speaker 10: They're actually I think some people call them the ghost trees.
Speaker 1: Not a thing.
Speaker 5: Ghost trees is what it's made out of. It's actually a branch of a tree. Or is it a sticky bye ghost skeletons.
Speaker 10: Actually surchas. It's all wrapped in white. What sort of material it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think I think targets sell them.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they'll appreciate that because they need it. No one knows who they are, all right, I hope that date picks up, you mate?
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Getting that tree up early? Is it making her happy? Marie? Good morning, Good morning. Good And.
Speaker 6: I'm just laughing about the woman who's finished at Christmas shopping already.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it.
Speaker 4: Feels like we're some sort of survivors group or something, some sort of support group.
Speaker 2: I've got my Christmas tree up now.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's not me, although mine's decorated and sitting in the spare room waiting to go out.
Speaker 5: But MICHAELA, you make up your Christmas tree in backstage in one.
Speaker 2: Room now, yeah, you've got a headset and go and go out.
Speaker 5: It's December one, bring it out.
Speaker 4: The tree makes as like an official party in unfailing.
Speaker 2: Wow. It's in a spare room right now, getting ready being attended to.
Speaker 5: All the flavels fall off as you pull it through the door frame.
Speaker 6: Mine's a little one of those little true she was talking about the little ghost tree type of thing.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of them.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, anyway, my daughter's tree has been up since.
Speaker 8: October, right, that is not right October.
Speaker 6: I did say that. I went, what months are we in October? Not the first of December? And she went, I like Christmas, leave me alone?
Speaker 5: Is it going to survive till then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's not a real tree.
Speaker 4: How they get the ghost trees start. It's just bald and dead. She's got comb over or something.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Hers is a lovely purple tree.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me, and it's not things we can't ask you, no questions.
Speaker 6: But she has seen every year. This year it's Grinch, so the purple tree has green and red on it this year.
Speaker 3: Has she got kids, because that's a way for them to wait.
Speaker 6: She's got a three year old. He's Christmas Man as well. So every time I walk in and goes look down at chrimas. Oh oh yeah, Central come one year, just six months away. But he's watching. He hasn't got the elf on the shore. He's got the smoke detectors.
Speaker 2: Oh see, you got the cheap version the smoke detectors. Right. Okay, that red light up there, Yeah, it's an eye to Santa.
Speaker 6: I see right, that's nice, he cried when she first told him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how am I going there? Now? Okay? Can I can?
Speaker 6: I just say? I won ticket to one Electric Day and had a fabulous time. Thank you gold one oh for Oh brilliant.
Speaker 2: That was great. Yeah, wasn't it beautiful out there?
Speaker 4: I thought it was amazing, great atmosphere, and I thought, did you see Bungalow?
Speaker 2: Were you there early enough to see Bungalow?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We were there really early on Bungalow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they were great, weren't they.
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Everyone was fantastic. We had a ball.
Speaker 4: Ah super I'm really glad you enjoyed your day. Dan's to call in have a good week YouTube, Aren't I all right? It appears so far and I'm just going on the data that I've been presented with that all the people have got their Christmas trees up early our ladies and crazy Hi. You included pats the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So Patsy's already got a Christmas tree up quite a few hour Christmas sellers as well.
Speaker 2: It's not as good as when you get the tree.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you and Chris, your husband, bats is so not I always find it's my job to go and get it and put it in the car. And my one year I was too lazy to put the seats down, right, and one of the kids, we're going, Dad, just put the seats down, don't need to, don't just move yet, just duck down and move your heads okay. So I I was at Clark Grizzwold wrestling with this. It was it went way too big on this tree as well, you know the ladies. Even the lady went, ah, so very big tree. Do you want us to deliver it?
Speaker 2: Don't need to?
Speaker 4: So I'm wrestling with it, getting it unwilling it don't want to go in the car. I'm wrestling it into the car. I show it down through the middle of the car.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The kids have to sort of duck their heads down it's right down the middle. So suddenly when I get in, the stump in it was a big old stump.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the mistake, Jack, because guess what happened.
Speaker 4: About two minutes on we're driving out the place where I got it from, some idiot slams the brakes on in front of me. I whacked the brakes on from the merchant stop trunk, windscreen, crack the wind screen. All I hear from one of the kids is I told you that I have to get some guys to come out repair the windscreen. I couldn't drive on. There's an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 2: Right, We've got Ryan all on.
Speaker 7: Good morning Ryan, Morning boys, Morning pets.
Speaker 4: So are we We're all good. I hope you had a good weekend as well. Ryan, So are you Christmas Dillers as well? It's a tree already up.
Speaker 7: No, I'm afraid. My wife is one of those Christmas natters. Ry's backyard all weekend, so she had the whole day to do it. And I came into the house that looks like a Christmas shop hanging everywhere and every window. Still it is bonkers.
Speaker 2: So did you know? Did you know this was going to happen?
Speaker 5: Were you surprised idea.
Speaker 7: I came home and coverin and dirt, all naked and diggie and there it all was.
Speaker 2: So it's like the Christmas pick season. Fairies had done.
Speaker 7: It for you much, pretty much. And there a tree in like three rooms. There's not one Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: Tell you this though. It's not obscuring the view of the TV, is it? Oh no, no, no, no, all right right, thank you very much. You kill have a good week mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, watching Bungalow Smashy yesterday at one Electric Day, our big winners in our competition one last tream have resolved in my mind. New news resolution. I'm definitely learning the guitar in the New Year.
Speaker 5: We've down this road before.
Speaker 4: I'm ignoring your cruel and mean words that I'm my age stage of life. There's no point I'm probably dead and then a year or two I'm still just learn some basic fret work. But I am going to start guitar lessons in New Year. I'll tell you the first thing I learned on guitar, and maybe you can aim for that.
Speaker 5: By the end of the year, the mission impossible theme doom doom, boom boom boy.
Speaker 2: Do I want to learn that stones or some lead zeping. I don't want to be doing theme tunes.
Speaker 5: You're gonna start simple.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go. I tell you what.
Speaker 4: By the end of next year, I'll have now down a rolling Stone song.
Speaker 5: Okay, this time next year, yep, November.
Speaker 4: We'll have a Christmas tree up and I'll be new linger Stone song underneath it. Okay, my arm. They didn't do that song, all right. So there's been a lot of accusations over the weekend that the Brian Adams competition we ran last week when Patsy's tickets and I'm afraid that you've been running a smear campaign against the Christian O'Connor breakfast show. You may yeah, I'm talking to you, because yesterday when I was there, Jack, you would have heard it as well, a lot of people coming up to us saying hello, and then going that competition last week?
Speaker 2: Was it rigged? Was it really fair? How could she lose every single day? What were you doing?
Speaker 4: How did you make it so that she lost? And I said, I promise you now, hand on heart. We didn't rig anything.
Speaker 5: Maybe my mom said the same thing, said, I swear, mom, she's just that much chills on my side. So it was that's what we're trying to tell everybody over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, I have commissioned an independent inquiry into what happened. Really, I've accused myself promise because it wouldn't be independent if I speak about this. So there's two women really at the center of this show that run this show, and that is Beck the producer, and Pats and both of them have gone on the record to leave these statements.
Speaker 11: I Rebecca Lewis, producer of the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Do you solemnly swear that every contests for the Brian Adams tickets last week was run fairly and honestly, with Patrina Jones losing every round.
Speaker 2: Rop it in.
Speaker 4: You don't want to mess it back. She's angry with me today. And then this says, from the best of Saul Loser.
Speaker 3: I, Petrina Jones, do solemnly swear that the Brian Adams quiz was not rigged. I'd never be so generous as to surrender the chance to get up close and personal with the Canadian rocker. In fact, I'd nearly give my first born and certainly a leader of blood, a chance to see him live for the tenth time. Written, spoken and authorized by Pats.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 4: I hope that solves that to two powerful ladies. If there was a fight on the show between Producer back, it's a tight one to call, isn't it. I'm thinking about putting some money behind it, try and sell it to paper View, you know, or Fox Sports or something like that.
Speaker 2: How do you see it going?
Speaker 5: Pats has the experience.
Speaker 2: No, I think producer back feral.
Speaker 5: Honestly, they'll both fight you in a second.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, weekends were a very different thing, right. I just saw that my dad might involve for my dad doing as little as possible, you know. I remember on a Sunday, we're never even allowed to talk to him, right the first couple of hours, my mom.
Speaker 2: Would go down.
Speaker 4: Your dad's reading the paper, just sit there right, reading the newspaper from cover to cover.
Speaker 2: It was like a journalist, all right.
Speaker 4: He worked in a car factually making cars, but that was his thing all right, and when there had to be like a church like silence in the house. If I said to my wife, listen for now and every Sunday, I don't want to hear a pin drop in this house. You keep those kids away from me, you keep them quiet. I don't want to talk to you either. I couldn't read the newspaper from cover to cover, or we're going there's no way so but now I don't know what it is whether our lives are so busy every single weekend. It's just stuff to do, isn't It's the admin of life. And even though we have done some great stuff this weekend, we went to Webby Mansions and brought Bungalow on stage.
Speaker 2: That was the highlight of my weekend.
Speaker 4: It was great to meet you guys, and great to see them go on stage smash it and then come off stage and just see what it meant to them, see the tearful embraces, happy to is but to see all that be part of it, witness steel. It was amazing. However, any weekend there's always the dull admin of life. There's a moment in your life as a grown up where you realize most have been a grown up is just doing stuff. It's a to do list, all right. So from this moment on, we're going to change it every single Monday, because the two days we have off suddenly you just have to get stuff done. And it's never the really exciting stuff in life, right, it's the bits in between. We're going to celebrate that every single Monday. We're going to celebrate the dull things we all have to do. Welcome to Monday, Monday, Monday Monday. This is what we're gonna do every Monday. Then the dull stuff we all have to do, we're gonna share it, We're gonna toast it, we're gonna celebrate it. So please let me know what is the dullest thing you did over this weekend? That admin the mundane thing you had to get done. It's not cool, it's not interesting, it's not sexy, but you have to get it done.
Speaker 2: You've done it. You're a hero.
Speaker 4: We're gonna celebrate you every single Monday on Monday Monday. So for the team, here's ours.
Speaker 8: Christian cleaned his barbecue for the first time, using white vinegar and newspaper, and picked up his dog's poo from the garden, leaving the dream well done, Christian. Katrina Jones took a seven year old daughter to swimming and then unpacked the dishwasher, did three loads of washing, and vacuum the entire house. Congratulations, Katrina Jones. Jack posts Saturday his computer, deleting the spam emails filling his inbox. He also unsubscribed to as many newsletters as he called. Goodbye nine now, Goodbye I n G Banking, Goodbye Regent Theater. It's been fun, well gone, Jack Post.
Speaker 4: All right, so tell us about the dull thing at the another weekend. Brian the voiceover man will celebrate it on your behalf and turn you into a hero. This is Monday, Monday, so you can call it if you want. Nine four one four one oh four three. Just tell us the dull thing. Spare no detail, no dull detail, please we want all the detail. Nine four one four one oh four three. Welcome to Monday and Monday, and then Brian the voiceover man after eight will celebrate you and turn you into a weekend hero.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So over the course of any given weekend, no matter what you got on, maybe going out doing something with friends, and you've got some exciting stuff going on, but any amongst that is all the dull stuff, the admin of life flat pack assembly for you, a lot of painting of the weekend. And so every Monday we want to do a thing called Mondane Monday. This Monday Monday where we celebrate and turn you into a Monday Morning hero for the dull staff, the things you've ticked off, you're boring every day to do list over the weekend, and then we get Brian the voice of a man, to celebrate you and turn you into a Monday Hero. So for us on the team, is there are Mondane Mondays.
Speaker 8: Kristen cleaned his barbecue for the first time using white vinegar and newspaper and picked up his dog's poo from the garden, leaving the dream.
Speaker 4: Well done, Kristi, thank you.
Speaker 8: Patrina Jones took her seven year old daughter to swimming and then unpacked the dishwasher, did three loads of washing and vacuum the entire house. Congratulations to Patrina Jones. Jack cost Saturday his computer, deleting this BAM emails, filling his inbox. He also unsubscribed to as many newsletters as he called goodbye nine now, goodbye I n G. Banking, Goodbye Regent Theater. It's been fun, well done, Jack Post.
Speaker 4: So if you want to become a weekend Monday Morning hero and brother the voice of a man, celebrate what you did, call us now nine four one four one O four to three.
Speaker 2: Here are some of the ones that are come in so far.
Speaker 8: Andrew took his girls to dance and mowing, reading and cleaning the yard top Marx Andrew Lee put the bloody Christmas tree up well. Dodly Leanne took.
Speaker 4: Some meals and porsoned them for use during the week.
Speaker 8: Grocery shopping and laundry spectacular. Liane Melodie drove to Avalon Airport to pick up Mom, then drove her to pick up Pap. Tullermarine Airports wonderful melody.
Speaker 5: You got to look out for that last one, actually, Tullamarine and the Avalon Airports, which actually obviously blown out of Tullamarine the main. No one warned me you haven't flown into July pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know about that.
Speaker 4: Two very different airports, all right then, So what's the dull thing you did over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Let us know we can turn you into a Monday morning hero. What was it for you?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So the weekends as we know change forever. Now on a Monday morning, this show.
Speaker 4: Whatever you've got to do it kind of to do list, the boring to do things, the admin of life that we all have to do on a Monday, We're going to celebrate them.
Speaker 2: We've got some brand new ones.
Speaker 4: Brian the voiceover man, will turn your dullness, make you into a Monday morning hero.
Speaker 8: Lyon for Mornington buried the chuck that passed away.
Speaker 2: It was five years old, loveless Lyon.
Speaker 8: Kathy from keel Or Law cleaned out her two cats, litter trays and clean the fish pond. Spectacular Cathy. Ruth from Seaford.
Speaker 2: Three loads of washing she had.
Speaker 8: To do, then studied, picked up the dumpoo, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.
Speaker 6: Ruth, well done.
Speaker 8: Amy from Frankston mopped the kitchen floor six times and mowed the lawns.
Speaker 2: Amy, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 8: Pick Dad from Indeena Hills sat on the couch because of the rain.
Speaker 4: Then mowed the lawn when he had a spear movement. Big Dad, you're a star.
Speaker 8: Belinda from Hillside, clean the toilets and changed the sheets.
Speaker 2: Belinda stupendous. A good productive weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Come to Melbourne for the amazing weather, they said.
Speaker 2: From October it gets really hot. They said, what what's going on out there?
Speaker 5: And it's not getting any better as a path it is.
Speaker 3: It's meant to be sunny this afternoon in twenty So where does she get that weather from? She can make it up.
Speaker 5: No, don't you have your special guy you called direct from the weather, your secret agent?
Speaker 2: Is he right? All right?
Speaker 4: So let's talk about what happened yesterday and Bungalow Rock and Roll Radio, Christian O'Connell's One Last This is Bungalow the winning man for One Last Dream Yesterday was the big show then opening up for Jimmy Barnes the Angels, loads more. Thank you to everyone who got there early. Gates open out at Wherey Mansions at ten thirty yesterday. So this whole competition of the last couple of weeks was simply been about asking you it used to be in a band and would you be up for reuniting them, And I thought it'd be lucky. The show's new, I'm still very new here. We'd be lucky if we've got a couple of bands. They had almost one hundred, which is incredible, and there are a lot of bands that were very, very good. You know, this is a this is a music city. People love music in Melbourne. You know, all the big bands are coming over and that. But it's such a big live scene here, so I guess we should have expected good bands.
Speaker 2: It was really hard. We were hoping to win it down to three.
Speaker 4: You've probably remember two weeks ago we whittled down to a long list of six bands. You then culled it down to three. So the band that won that we putas Bungalow. And they're such great guys, like a lot of people that enter this competition, and we really really liked their sound.
Speaker 2: We thought there would be brilliant. There were nice guys. They deserved it.
Speaker 4: They were from the nineties when they used to play and then they worked so hard rehearsing. They've all got jobs as well. Julian, who's in the band was up this morning at half two. He is a grocer, you know.
Speaker 2: But yesterday they were on the big stage and I'm telling you now, I'm not just saying this.
Speaker 4: They were truly awesome. It was amazing just to see them from the side of the stage with Jack. We were wide eyed, we.
Speaker 5: Were proud, and they held their own as well. They actually they rocked. Everybody loved and they were people in the crowd who didn't know them before we started. They won them over by the end of it.
Speaker 2: They played in front of thousands.
Speaker 4: They were very, very nervous beforehand, but when they got up there about midway through the second song, I could see Dell the shoulders sunk a bit and he was smiling at the band members and he was like I've got this ye And they were all really good, but you could see what it meant to them. The video is up on Facebook. You can see the performances right now. O C one four three. First Emok were the first band on after them, and they were in the wings and even they were going these guys were not played since the nineties. You could see them looking She's like, we're going to have to raise our game now. They are really really good there, and then when they did smile at the end, it was incredible. So as they came off stage yesterday we managed to catch up with Dell. He there were tears, he was happy, tears. It meant so much to him. Here's a bit of him yesterday. This is literally second after it came off the big main stage. That was just one of the best experiences of my life.
Speaker 9: Was incredible, so overcome with emotions, amazing, beautiful, everything just went to like clockwork, you know.
Speaker 5: It was just so much nervousness and anticipation and just was the best experience ever.
Speaker 4: And then what was really nice was the relationship between him and his daughter. They share something together and if you're a parent, that's just the sweetest thing where you can share a passion to get them For them, it's music. She wants to do what Dad did up on the main stage. Chloe is his seventeen year old daughter who was just just an awe of Dad yesterday. It was so.
Speaker 9: Incredible and all Dad talks about his music and he loves it so much, and it just seems finally got to play with so many people, and he.
Speaker 4: Deserves it so much, and he's so good and we roll a little bit to her yesterday. It was so amazing. It was in good hearing that again. So I hope that it's not the end for Bungalow and it all fizzles out today. I really hope they put the album up there. We'll give it our full support and I know you will as well. I hope they release Smile. They're intended to do all of this. We'll hoping they can do it for the next two weeks of the show whilst we're on air, and I hope it's not the end of their story and they just did this and it goes. I hope it's a start of a new story for them, because they really deserved it. They were great yesterday. So all the bands that entered this, and to all of you that had gone on Facebook, I've seen a lot of people that went on your own Facebook page trying to get your friends to enter this competition, thank you very very much.
Speaker 2: I really hope we can do it again next year, even bigger.
Speaker 1: But for now, World on Bungalow, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Over the next twelve days will actually be done a couple of them well recording it to our days Christmas. We have over twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts thanks.
Speaker 2: To Chapel Street.
Speaker 4: It's day number three kicking off this week with a one thousand dollars gift card for Birch and purchase Sweet Studio in South Yarra, basically Melbourne's finest cake stay are amazing this Christmas. Please shop Playing State in the iconic Chapel Street. It's Christen o'coddles Cool Days of christ Ready on.
Speaker 5: The third day of Christmas, Christian gave to you special t cakes, trips to the movies and free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: This is not no Brian, don't give them that. This is not what we discussed.
Speaker 4: It needs to be gave to Andy on Friday.
Speaker 5: There's only so much room for words, okay, and gave free burgers to Andy on Thursday, and then on Friday we gave Christine.
Speaker 4: This is how this relationship works. You sought solution out. I don't know why I'm not even speaking right. You sought solution out, okay, Hi, I give you the problem, you've got to fix it. So if you've got to bend that music, somehow slow it down so you can do it.
Speaker 2: Then make it. Have you got twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: In the music is not an industry term.
Speaker 2: You're gonna start bending it today.
Speaker 4: All right, then this is how we're giving away the prizes this week, and we have some amazing ones looking at the rest of the week. Pizza a week for a year. Tomorrow morning we've got a years of five ice cream coming up as well a thousand dollars bar tab for a private function today though, this is what we're doing then each day this week me Jack Pats, We're gonna take it in turns.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go in a time machine.
Speaker 4: We're going to go back to Christmas Day when we were younger, and we're going to be opening up a classic Christmas toy. You've got to listen out for what you think it is. As soon as you recognize the toy, you give me cool and guess what it is? Nine four one four one four three first of as one and then going back in time, it's me going back and meet the young me good life.
Speaker 12: I'm so excited. I'm so excited. Is Christmas Day. I'm nine years of age. It's the eighties. Oh I hope one that on my radio DJ broadcasting in Melbourne, Australia right now on nine.
Speaker 5: What is it about, Dawn, You're coming, you come it?
Speaker 12: I've always wanted one of these. Oh let me it's were the batteries in let me play it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 10: Are are.
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 10: Eight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: So that was me and the nine year old man in the eighties. What do you think the toy was that? I got?
Speaker 9: Nine?
Speaker 2: Four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Good luck The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So this is the last two weeks of the show for us until we took awak for Christmas in New Year. Every single day though, we have some amazing prizes and in twelve days of Christmas thanks to Chapel Street, one thousand dollars worth of prices every single show and obviously as we go along we started this Thursday. Uh, what it was I dially hoping for is that Jack would sing a countdown of all the various prizes we've had so far and.
Speaker 2: Name check the lovely people that we met along the way.
Speaker 5: Any chance I haven't bent the music yet? I thought I was bending it for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, calls days of Christmas.
Speaker 5: On the Day of Christmas, Christian gave to you specialty cakes, trips to the movies, and free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 4: All right then, so every day this week, me, Jack Pats, We're going to be going into a time machine back to Christmas Day when we were younger, opening up a classic Christmas toy. You gotta listen to it, work out what the toy is? Today's one? Is this going back to the nine year old me?
Speaker 12: I'm so excited. I'm so excited. Is Christmas Day? I'm nine years of age.
Speaker 4: It's the eighties.
Speaker 12: Oh, I hope one day that I'm a radio DJing broadcasting in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: All right, now, nine, what is it?
Speaker 2: You coming?
Speaker 4: You come it?
Speaker 12: I've always wanted one of these. Oh, let me it's where the batteries in. Let me play it now?
Speaker 1: Are like now.
Speaker 7: Ache?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so happy?
Speaker 2: All right? Then, Well, what's the classic toy? Liz?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Lizzie. Welcome to the show. What do you reckon the classic eighties toy was?
Speaker 6: I think it may have been a late frog.
Speaker 2: I would have been.
Speaker 4: Happy to get that as a nine year old, great toy, Liz. Is not the right answer, Thanks for trying.
Speaker 2: Deborah. Hello, Hello, Deborah, welcome to the show. What do you think it is?
Speaker 6: Mate, Electronic Battleship?
Speaker 4: It's not Battleships. I love that game as well. Tough luck, Deborah. Shannon, Hi, Hello Shannon.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is?
Speaker 7: It's a Major Morgan?
Speaker 4: That phrase since the eighties? I remember a Major Morgan, similar kind of sounding thing to that. Wasn't it the Major Morgan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very strange thing, Shannon. It's not the right answer. Thanks for trying. Penny.
Speaker 2: Hi, Penny Goldfield, what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I think it's called the Speak and Spell?
Speaker 4: It is, well done?
Speaker 2: You got it right. Well you're in the cake.
Speaker 4: What an amazing bris in a thousand dollars gift card for Birch and purchase Sweet Studio in South Yarraw.
Speaker 2: Well done. Yeah, those of you do you remember this patch? You were a child of the ages?
Speaker 3: Do you remember those?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: This? Are right?
Speaker 4: I did realize a lot of you millennials, like Jack is now looking out and this kept you entertained for a year, for a year.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: You would type into mister speaking spell words, and he would just set.
Speaker 2: It back to you ours.
Speaker 5: But to be fair, you do have good spelling.
Speaker 2: Because of my friends speaking spell All right, we should I wonder if you can help. Can we have a look on eBay?
Speaker 4: I wonder if you can actually buy one these days and see if we can get it to say classic song lyrics and people have got to work out what the song is, all right, another chance you to win tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning, it's a pizza a week for a whole year thanks to Chapel Street, this Christmas Shop, play and stay in the iconic Chapel Street.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's that word time wiset.
Speaker 4: It is National Cake Day, so we're looking for your cake celebrities.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: I've got justin timbercake there, but that is the only good stuff. It goes downhill. I've got a packanash famous tennis player and Cuba pudding Junior.
Speaker 2: They're great, all right. What have you got jack Boura Cake celebrities, crow Ah gold.
Speaker 5: Cake, Laine Brook Yeah, sou Flea Vigara, yes, very good and Jackie Flann.
Speaker 4: All right, send us yours then text them in. We're looking for your cake celebrities today on National Cake Day?
Speaker 2: What have you got? Four seven five three, one o four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three and that song.
Speaker 4: We were just having a team chat about how much we love having pet dogs, all three of us. They are the best pets in the world, Lady child. They just give you so much love, don't they. Even in the morning when I get up twenty past four grumpy, they just come over and go, it's great to see you.
Speaker 2: It is great to see you. How are you this morning? Master? It is great? What a great day again that we're alive. You and I.
Speaker 5: My dog does love me, but she doesn't get up at that hour of the morning.
Speaker 2: It's got that from you, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes Sometimes your.
Speaker 4: Job, well that's all I get from you. You when you come in, you just raise an eye.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: National Cake Day?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, It's National Cake Day.
Speaker 2: That's it. So today's that word time waster. Is your cake celebrities, you will it to Mark.
Speaker 4: By the way, one of our listeners here has this beaking spell that we can use for the game, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We are look at eBay.
Speaker 4: Varying prices are the twelve twelve dollars or eight hundred dollars solid gold one, all right, Martina Pavlova, Silver Jack, black Forest, oh silver plus, John Cake Gillenhall Gold, simple but effective, sliced alone. Oh yeah, Silver, brook In Mainstone.
Speaker 2: What done?
Speaker 4: Robert Downey, No, sorry, Robert Donut Junior, just seeing what they did there, Robert Donut Junior Gold, Glennon Dereen, well done. Victoria sponge Beckham.
Speaker 5: Is there something I'm not kidding about that?
Speaker 2: There's a Victoria sponge cake. You guys have had it.
Speaker 4: It's as sour as her. Honestly, when you have it's what you've got that puckered face Victoria. Yeh, it's that a Victoria sponge cake. You never had a sponge cake.
Speaker 5: We don't have to make it.
Speaker 2: Victoria's queen. Victoria's a queen.
Speaker 4: Victoria's sponge cake. Moose Willis. That's my favorite one so far. Moose Willis is genius. Well done. Billy Brown and it's his full name here, Billy Brown and Port Melbourne, Kylie Morangue.
Speaker 5: No, that's actually good.
Speaker 4: Gold cream puff Daddy Gold and Simon Uh Steven spill Battenburg.
Speaker 5: What's a Battenburg cake?
Speaker 2: Marsie pound one is awful? Do you like mars.
Speaker 5: Not given? A non tasty cake? A good Mark bronze.
Speaker 2: Bad non tasty cake.
Speaker 4: Mickey Moose, that's good, it's all gold, Kathy Leonardo de fruit cake.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Silma Ah, that's a great one.
Speaker 4: Luke Vin Nooser, he's prend brackets here listening via a VPN uh Vanilla Slice Cube.
Speaker 2: Silver Plus And finally, Jean Claude flan Dam.
Speaker 1: Everyone the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for everyone's believing these lovely messages after seeing how our winning band for One Last Dream, Bungalow got on yesterday absolutely smashing it on the mainstage. O honing up for Jimmy Barnes, The Angels and John Stevenson. Do you fancy John Stephenson? Do you know what was chatter? So many we were in and it were chatting two lovely listeners who came and said, loed to us yesterday out of warby Mansions right, it's beautiful out there never been before. I will go back stunning. What a great atmosphere at the festival as well. Anyway, chatting to a lot of ladies, they all, he's like man candy.
Speaker 3: He is really is a nice looking man.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he's aged?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: He has?
Speaker 3: Do you think beautiful skin?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you think I'm aging well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much in the comments.
Speaker 4: Been too much of a gap there, Jesus, I'm gonna fine, okay, Well myself to sleep tonight. What you want?
Speaker 2: I will cry myself to sleep tonight with my old lizard skin. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Wait wait to your first Douzzie Summer. You look like a realism't oh well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come like March. Shall be all tried out like a little prune.
Speaker 5: But those tears will hydrate you.
Speaker 2: Have you bent?
Speaker 4: Have you bet music yet? Some of the comments are on Facebook. If you watching a video, leave us a comment. It'd be great. Another band to be looking at it today. James Johnson here in Melbourne. Amazing competition with worthy winners. It's been great to listen to over the last couple of weeks. Thank you, Jamie, Julie Walker, well done. Bungalow and Gold as a fan performance I had a brilliant day. I was there, I saw them. They were amazing. Tash smashed it. Well done, Bungalow Legends. Check out the video.
Speaker 2: O C one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What are you guys up to today?
Speaker 3: I'm listening out for the Golden Ticket.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm listening out for I'm busy today. Oh well, you're out the syndicate. If I were, I'm not taking it to Hanson. And I know you're a big handsOn fan and you're not listening out for the Golden Ticket. You're listening out for the Golden Song, as you've been saying every half an hour last four hours. Yeah, title of today's show is dedicated to you, Patricia Jones. Christmas, Christmas Zillah is the title of today's show.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: We got five topic Tuesday, Facebook Marketplace more chance you to win big prizes thanks to Chapels through it as well.
Speaker 2: Huggy's up next. The Golden Song.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Old one oh four point three