Speaker 1: Laura, come on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hello, happy Thursday team.
Speaker 1: I am going to bring you something today that could quite possibly change your life.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for it.
Speaker 1: So I've always thought of myself as a little bit of a wine connoisseur, like I love a red wine, not white.
Speaker 3: Couldn't care less. Oh I know what this hack is? Yeah, but I love the red wine.
Speaker 1: And my partner Ben, he's European, and he's got me onto a new drink that he said, the local Spanish dude, it's like the really really local version of a sangriau. I know what this is, so he gets I think he actually might have made you. It's a for those playing at home then, because me, Laura couldn't care less. It's a it's a half a glass of red wine and then loads of ice and then you put the other half just fanter like Orange fans.
Speaker 2: Fan thought this was gonna be coked.
Speaker 4: No, you've over said this, because the reason why I'm laughing is not because I couldn't care less.
Speaker 3: Of course I care it actually is.
Speaker 4: It sounds disgusting Fanta and red wine, but it is actually delicious. The reason why I'm laughing is because you really played a hard game there. But you're like, it's gonna change your life.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: I would dare say my life has not been changed, but I I weirdly enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Well against it, my life has changed because you can still enjoy your glass of red wine but not feel bad in any capacity like the next day because it's half watered.
Speaker 4: Can hear me out though, No person, no normal person is hearing that combo red wine and Fanta and thinks that that's a good like at first take. No one's thinking that's a good idea. But we'll all do an orange juice with a bit of champagne. Mimosa.
Speaker 3: Tell me, it's just what you know.
Speaker 2: So you know what my go to drink is at the pub.
Speaker 4: Yours is a Shandy Probably, Oh, you're such a giant child.
Speaker 2: I love a Shandy's.
Speaker 3: Giant child. Or you're like a ninety year old nana.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think I identify more with than Ben made me one the other night when Delicious.
Speaker 1: He's really on the Fanto train at the moment about we went.
Speaker 6: Out for dinner to pick up team dinner, and they went, Laura, can we get you drink? You order to wine, but you order wine and Ben goes I'll get a fanta please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's that moment where you're like, yeah, he belongs to me.
Speaker 2: Is European? Is europe in a different style? All right? Next to start the show, we haven't ask uncut.
Speaker 6: We're going to give one listen to help with their marriage and the husband doesn't do anything around the house. This feels like a tale as old as times. They got a kid, she's struggling.
Speaker 2: She needs help. That's what we're here for.
Speaker 6: That's right, we'll chat to an next here around Australia, crack open a fan to and a bottle of red.
Speaker 2: Guys doing it here Subway.
Speaker 6: It's time for this. It's a Thursday. Let's jump into Ask Cut. Yeah, ask gun Cut. We give some advice to our audience, don't we. You guys do this on the podcast every week Life on Cut.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 3: We do it on Life on Cut every week.
Speaker 4: It's where you guys are call in with your your biggest, your deepest, your darkest dilemmas. And even though we are not trained psychologists, we try really hard to give half reasonable advice.
Speaker 2: Put it that way.
Speaker 6: It's almost like friends friends advice, Like you know, advice from a friend that you're going.
Speaker 3: Through it all that advice no one's paying for you put it that way.
Speaker 6: True, Well, Luis, no, don't transfer us any cash. Please hear this with your problem? What's going on something in your relationship?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So my husband and I have been having pretty much the same fight over and over again over the last few months. I have a one year old son and I'm working full time. So when I just before I went back to work full time, I was like, Okay, look, I'm going to need a lot of extra help around the house, help with the washing, the cooking, looking after the baby. And everything hasn't really worked out that way, so it's still pretty much all on me to do the grocery shopping, the cooking, the cleaning, the washing, looking after the baby.
Speaker 4: Have you had I mean, I'm guessing if this has been like a reoccurring fight and argument that you're having, what does he say when you bring it up with him?
Speaker 5: He promises to try better, and it kind of gets better for a couple of weeks and then gets bad again.
Speaker 1: But Luisa, what's he doing instead of helping you? Is he at work and he's just saying he's got a snap back late, or does he just come home and sit.
Speaker 3: On the lounge and he's like, I'm tired, I've had a big day. Like what you doing Xbox?
Speaker 1: So he comes home with Xbox instead of helping you. Okay, see that changes everything.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 5: Like four hours a day.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 4: It's so odd because I think like often you think, oh, well, when we have kids, my partner's behavior is going to change, so you just assume that, like when you have a child, your husband's going to stop playing four hours of Xbox. But if they're doing it before you have kids, often the behavior doesn't just change because you have children.
Speaker 1: So not that you should have to do this, Louisa, like you absolutely shouldn't have to do it, but can you just start doing things for yourself in a way, like so make some dinner for you, don't make it for him, do your washing, don't do his washing. So eventually he's like, oh, if I want to do anything, I have to contribute myself.
Speaker 5: I could Yeah, I mean, like I definitely could try doing that. He'd probably get pretty annoyed with me.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, I think that will become I think that's the right thing to do, but I think it's going to become petty. I don't know this guy, but by the sound, that's going to piss him off if you can't even regulate his emotion to help out his wife.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the problem is, though, is like I think there's only so long you can have the same fight on repeat and nothing changes, especially if someone's saying they're going to change their behavior and they're going to help more, and then they do it for a couple of weeks and then they fall back into old patterns. I mean, truthfully, I do think that that's like, it's not a healthy way of going about it. But I also kind of think you get to a point where you have no other option, Like if your other option is just leaving, if he's not going to go and do something like couple's counseling, or he's not going to even try and assess that the fact that he has a gaming potentially a gaming addiction, that it's coming in the way of your relationship, that I would say, there comes a point where you're like, cool, I'm not doing these things for you anymore because you're not you're not helping me, you're not participating this relationship.
Speaker 5: He is open to counseling, which is great. I'm really really happy that he's opened to it.
Speaker 3: It is so expense, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's insane because you get I mean, obviously, if you do therapy on your own, Medicare covers a certain portion of it. It's a couple of counseling. Nothing's covered by Medicare's. They're out of pockets the entire amount. And it is pricey. Put summer charge you makes three hundred, two hundred and fifty dollars per session.
Speaker 4: That's so interesting that it's free if you go on your own, but not if you're having problems as a relationship.
Speaker 1: I don't think my suggestion in all honesty is that unhealthy. And the reason I say that is the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and wanting a different response. And if you come home every day and you're doing the same thing, which is cleaning the house and providing for him and giving him food, he's not going why would you change when everything's handed to and apply up. But if you start to take away what he expects and what the basics that he needs to survive, like cooking him food and doing his watching. If he has to do that for himself, it might actually make a change. And then if he doesn't, if you have spoken about this and you've told him how you feel and you're doing those things and he's still just sitting at home on his xbox, it's a really really serious conversation about the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so sorry, going through so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for giving us a call. Try try therapy, try those little things, and then.
Speaker 3: The xbox out of the window.
Speaker 5: If that doesn't work, before you guys, let me go. I just want to say a really, really, really massive congratulations for it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I have watched that video time and so thumbs and tears every time.
Speaker 2: Oh I engagement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it means a lot. We watch it on repeat too. It's probably the only view.
Speaker 2: Thank you, good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all thinking of you.
Speaker 2: So back again to play this, ladies, you do.
Speaker 3: Where to Walmers?
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: There's not a thing, not a lot of things that I love more than giving away money.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I'm Oprah and I'm like, you get a box, you get a box, you.
Speaker 3: Get some cash.
Speaker 1: And today, thanks to Target, we are giving away more money. The easiest competition you're ever going to have to do. You literally call up pick a box and you win what's inside. It requires zero skill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Every day this week we've given away some cash.
Speaker 6: You know what, Maybe we need to think about our competitions here at the pickup. We can make them harder.
Speaker 2: If we really want to just call them, We're going to give you them in a box. Speak to us well.
Speaker 4: And also it's getting easier as the week goes on, because there's only two boxes left.
Speaker 2: So by tomorrow it's really easy.
Speaker 3: You don't get to pick you just get a box.
Speaker 2: And it's got money. Maybe we should add something else, like a chicken or something well, maybe.
Speaker 3: Like a quiz.
Speaker 4: At least it still make it harder for them at this point.
Speaker 2: True. Today we're meeting Chantelle. She's joining us. Hey, Chantelle, where are you in the world?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 7: I meandne.
Speaker 2: Hey will listen. We've got two boxes left.
Speaker 6: I've got box number five and then you've got the second last box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have box number four.
Speaker 1: But Chantelle, if you win a bit of pat cash today, what are you going to buy with it?
Speaker 3: From Target?
Speaker 7: Probably?
Speaker 4: Something for my new apartment.
Speaker 7: So me and my fiance bought, so that would definitely help us out.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm assuming you broke now because you bought in Sydney.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how it works. Well, you get to choose one of the boxes.
Speaker 6: One will have more money in it than the other, but you'll win money regardless target Team Brittany.
Speaker 1: Or Team Mitch.
Speaker 3: Today, we're not going to take it personally.
Speaker 4: I think I'm Team Brittany.
Speaker 1: Sorry, now you do take a person Well, hopefully someone picks my box tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have to. Yes, that was the I'm opening.
Speaker 1: The gold is going off, the rapper is coming off, the other rappers coming off.
Speaker 2: Whoever wraps the box has been opened. In depth, here we go to Chantel. How much does she want? Chantal?
Speaker 3: Is your lucky day a thousand dollars? Targets a thousand bucks?
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: That is so much.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was actually not feeling that confident deep down. So I'm really glad you've actually done very well. All the money has been with BRIT so far, like everyone who' chosen BRIT has won a.
Speaker 2: Lot of money.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, make that a headline. Unfortunately, no one has chosen Mitch yet.
Speaker 6: One of the odds, I'll open my box tomorrow and you've won yourself three dollars fifty in points.
Speaker 3: Oh look, you can go and get lots of things for your house with that.
Speaker 4: One thousand bucks of cent of Target is not good at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're so They're so good. They're made for season after season. You can shop in store, online or via the Target app. Chantel deck your house out, send us before and after picks. We want to see the new apartment.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, I won't be doing that.
Speaker 3: She's still sending.
Speaker 6: Weird one final box in Mitch Jury's hands. And you know what, I might not just open out a spite. I might take it home.
Speaker 3: People probably won't call because it's probably.
Speaker 2: I know I wanted more. I don't want Mitch's box.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's box just has moths in it.
Speaker 2: Everyone doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: It was like fifty cents.
Speaker 1: No, we've got a lot to give away still tomorrow guarantee off by Mitch's box.
Speaker 6: Oh not the first time we've said that. I guaranteed cash to spend it. Target up for grabs tomorrow on the show. If you want to get in touch with you dms at the pickup or give us a call back after this. Hey listen, I am I know you girls are just getting into it, but you've just started Blow Deck.
Speaker 3: I've been into it for a little while, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going to see what all the fuss is about maybe two years ago, because everyone's talking about it.
Speaker 3: This is such a wildly, hugely popular show.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Not many reality shows getting hooked and I was no pun intended hook line.
Speaker 2: And I don't say sinker. That's the last thing you want on the Blow franchise and that boat to go out of the ocean.
Speaker 6: We love the season. If you're a watcher, you will know Captain Sandy. She's the only female captain in the entire franchise. She's been on since season two and she's back a brand new season streaming on. Hey you now, doctor Sandy, welcome, Thank you. We've got to ask back for another season. What keeps you coming back more and more and more every season? You're the fan favorite these days.
Speaker 7: Well, I love being a captain. I love running boats, and I love training the crew because, as you see, I get a lot of green crew. So yeah, that's like it's the best job on the planet. I think.
Speaker 4: I also, I mean, I staw in a recent interview, you were saying that you originally didn't know if you wanted to do the show because you were kind of worried about what that could do to your reputation or how it could be perceived. How like, I mean, obviously it's played out very, very well for you, but there's surely there must be moments where you're like, wow, how is this my life?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, I wasn't sure about doing the show, and then I thought to myself, when a door of opportunity opens, I'll walk through it because I think I can always turn around and walk back out. So I did that. I had no idea at the level level of popularity the show would take. I was clueless completely. And now it's it's it's a different life. It's just a good life, but it's you know, I had to adjust.
Speaker 1: But Sandy, you've been in the maritime I mean industry for thirty odd years. When you say you're worried about this affecting your reputation, I would assume that we that much experience your reputation is already really solid. Are you worried about it because of the drama that unfolds on the show. Do you thought that like other captains would look at you like you are less than.
Speaker 7: No, it's about the owners that hire you, right, it's very salacious the show. The owners are very private. It wasn't about the crew or the industry. It was more about getting hired by an individual after someone's been on a TV show. So yeah, because you know we sign NDAs, the privacy is very strict on board, especially with the owners.
Speaker 4: Did any of these come as as surprise to you though, I mean, knowing that you've worked in the indie street for so long, were you already kind of thinking like, wow, a lot of drama happens on these boats, Like a lot of drama happens between the crew, and like this is a story to be told.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it actually happened. It's it happens every day at sea. Just ask any captain that's not on below decks. You go through crew, then you find the crew that actually stay. You just have to pay the good ones more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, family, I'm sure sure you know he's a potential spinoff. It might already exist.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, I think a great spinoff would be blow deck like you know, no elderly like an old.
Speaker 2: Ye, you can do it, you can. Because people always die on these cruises.
Speaker 4: It's not a story that anyone wants to explore on these old people cruises.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of the big cruise ships have and you'd know Captain that that. Obviously they have morgs on these big ships for when people die.
Speaker 7: It's true, yes, of course, and we put them in the freezer.
Speaker 2: So have you done that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, Sandy. Who's the most famous person that maybe you're allowed to tell us you've ever had?
Speaker 7: Well, Johnny Damon is a famous baseball player. I had Gigi Fernandez, who was you know, she's a gold medalist like time after time again, and you know, like athletes. But the celebrities, yeah, we sign an NDA, so lots of them.
Speaker 3: You just can't say, that's what I'm well.
Speaker 6: Our beautiful Brittany here just got engaged this week, captain on a yacht.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you the love of my life, my Swiss boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yes, he proposed on a super yacht. Do you get many proposals happening all the time.
Speaker 2: Special. It's a way to do it.
Speaker 7: We're special. I mean he charted a yacht. Ye has to marry him. That's pretty special.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, actually speaking of is the word super in front of it?
Speaker 2: So was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way my story goes, it was a super.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful yeful.
Speaker 6: Hey you just got married yourself. What happened on with that wedding. I've got some photos in front of me, absolutely gorgeous. You are both wearing white. It's stunning you now.
Speaker 2: You know, got a beautiful wife.
Speaker 7: Yes, it changed my life. Like I had no idea. We had been together five years. I was like, what's the big deal? Like, okay, So then it happened and it was life changing. I just wish I could capture that moment and keep it for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: Oh well, we're so glad we saw you like you look so happy you and you are beautiful, beautiful. If you want to get now the Captain also the doctor in my eyes, you can do it all the one on Elie Captain Sandy.
Speaker 2: But it's now streaming the new season on Hey you if you want to give it a watch. It's incredible