Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen anyone famous in the gym? Ohur producer Tom He told me that he'd seen Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Springsteen in the gym in Perth several hours before show that night. Bruce Springsteen. Now, let's hear this eyewitness report right now from producer Tom. Tom take us through it.
Speaker 3: It was January twenty second, twenty seventeen. I was in the gym in Perth.
Speaker 2: It's the first of all, what kind of gym, like a fitness first or one of those twenty four hour meattheadplaces or and.
Speaker 4: No, it was it's Nick's Gin in King's Park in Perth.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I walked in and there was Bruce Springsteen doing free weights, freewaights.
Speaker 2: Of course, he's on the freeways, isn't he you know? And when he does his rep counts as well, he's going two three four campstart gusts on a broke freeway. So he's doing free weights and it's everyone else going, oh my god, don't look for that is the boss over there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was doing a tricyp kill from memory.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's the big windmill. You know he's been that big power finish.
Speaker 5: And is this before a show after a Bruce Springsteen show?
Speaker 4: Well, no, he was.
Speaker 3: There must have been prior to sound Chick because it was in the morning same day as the show.
Speaker 2: Come on, he just a half hour show. How has he got more energy to get in a quick free weight workout with the dumbbells?
Speaker 4: Here's the boss?
Speaker 2: So how could you tell it was definitely Bruce Springsteen, not just someone that looked a bit like him in Perth.
Speaker 3: No, it was Bruce Springs that You don't mistake the Boss when you see him doing tricap How close.
Speaker 2: Were you it could just look for if it's doing tricypkills, you might have seen the back of the head of the Boss. Well I was.
Speaker 4: I also needed to use the free weight, so I had to wait.
Speaker 2: For you to finish. You must done with those. That's great, okay, So how have you seen some I'm famous in the gym. I met a lady last week who told me she has no fingerprints like many black Yeah, straight up right. I was buying someone a gift and it was behind one of these you know these cabinets. They don't want you in. You've got to go and ask them to open it up. And normally it's a key thing. With this one, now they don't do the keys. It's like a fingerprint thing where they staff put the fingerprint on it opens up.
Speaker 5: High tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she goes, oh, no, I can't. I won't be opening this. I'll have to get one of my assistants to do it. She was the manager of right and she said, I can't do this. I have no fingerprints. I went, well, I think everyone has a fingerprint. That's why criminals are database it's fingerprints. She said, no, no, I can't use an iPhone or anything like that. I have no fingerprints.
Speaker 5: Did she say why?
Speaker 2: I was wanting to ask In case have been some terrible industrial accident. Yeah, she lost her family or something. They went in the vat and she was the only one that survived. And I go, anyway, can I get that vast.
Speaker 5: Just the fingers winning and she was able to pull them out of the culture.
Speaker 2: So what don't you have? Horses drove through it last two weeks ago on our road trip to South Australia and Adelaide. Horsham is victorious tidiest town.
Speaker 5: Yes, and in two thousand and one was Australia's tidiest town.
Speaker 2: Yep, what is your town famous for? The Christian O'Connell show podcast we're doing not one, not two, but three topics right now. Famous in the gym Producer Tom Rickons hes seen Bruce Springsteen in the gym free Weights. If you want to know what don't you have? After a lady last week who claims not to have any fingerprints? And what is your town famous for? Tom our producers swears blind that he saw Bruce Springsteen on the free Weights at a gym. Next gym was that? He said in Perth hours before a show. A couple of our people have been messaging about this Christian. He's famous for it. I mean he's famous for his song not going to the gym. You know I love springs, You're not love that? Most of all just how often he works out. Was using a gym on Chapel Street for Last Door. He works out twice daily. What does springsting? He's seventeen now and to a three hour show. Christian. I saw Lou Reed in two thousand and three at the gym and the Hard Rock Las Vegas. John Chivolta working out at three am. He kept trying to talk to me. Don't know why. That was also from somebody else in Vegas as well. All right, famous in the gym. Let's go to Michael.
Speaker 6: Hey, hell, I saw Gard Pears.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 7: I think it was just before he was filming for Iron Man two, seeming as he had a shirtless roll in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, and what was he what particularly bit was he also on the Friday Springsteen he was.
Speaker 7: On that Yeah, he was on the bench press. Oh how much is getting that getting that chess workout going? Because when he had his top off in Ironman too, he actually was all situated around the chest area.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, the scene it's really left an impression on Michael. Here will burned into the memory. Michael, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 6: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tom. I don't even remember that scene with me. Ian.
Speaker 1: I don't have a belly button.
Speaker 2: How come I thought we all had an inn your routy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a NAUTI. Well I did have a nauty and that's the reason why, because I had a hernia on the belly button. And so the surgeon on the day said, do you my not having a belly button and I said, well, I'm fifty five at the time, I was fifty five and said, well, no, he's going to really look at me down the beach, So yeah, why not.
Speaker 2: But hernia is like an internal tear upture, is it? Why is he taking out your belly Mum, that's not the anti. What's that going to do with it?
Speaker 1: Well, the belly button was just getting bigger, and the bowl just getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: You know, it's almost becoming like an extra leg.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, virtually you can.
Speaker 2: Use it like a tripod if you at the bar extended.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that that audies keep growing.
Speaker 1: They is behind it.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like you know how your ears never so.
Speaker 2: They don't stop. They do stop growing apparently, never stop. Sorry, I'm gonna have to let you go a bit to get into this. Ears don't just keep growing otherwise you see people burying people right trying to slam the coffin.
Speaker 5: And your eight f e that's why older people have big ears.
Speaker 2: Suddenly get a bit bigger, don't they all? Just their face.
Speaker 5: Shrinks suddenly get bigger, turning from eighty to eighty one, and you wake up with big ears. It's a gradual growing of the years.
Speaker 2: What do you mean like a millimes a year or what's the kind of graph on that?
Speaker 5: What is the peraths millimeter a year?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But your nose gets bigger as well, So your ears and nose both get bigger. Because you're right, you do see a lot of It's mainly the men got those big old men as, haven't they.
Speaker 5: And your feet after you're pregnant, after you have a baby, you fake it bigger.
Speaker 2: I think that's just during pregnant is and they swell and then they were trying. Did you really Yeah, so you had to get all new shoes, yeah, like lynx, Like I didn't want no.
Speaker 4: Candles.
Speaker 2: I've got flipping. I gave birth the next Sunday. I actually woke up with a daughter and a pair of flipp flippers of feet. Where are we going? Where are we going? This? We need a doctor to call in. I do not believe that this is keep growing, keep growing. I think the day you wake up sixty they start they start getting bigger at sixty maybe sixty five. Uh, tell me what what doesn't happen? It's an auntie belly button doesn't get like Jack and the bean Stalk. Have we got more calls? Yes, we have. Um, we'll be doing three top shooes. I've forgotten that, Jamison. Thanks for calling three topic Tuesday. You can get us back on and even rudder here. Which one are you calling in about?
Speaker 6: I'm calling in about what makes your town famous Christian?
Speaker 2: Yes? And what is the town famous for?
Speaker 6: So I live in man every Southeast And when we had our hard rubbish collection about a couple of months ago, some of the locals decided to use the hard rubbish to set up a house on the main roundabout in the middle of our town. So this was just a It had a bedroom, a bathroom, there was a dining areas with a doll in it. The clothesline even had clothes on it. It was really really good, It was really funny. It was in the newspaper, was all over the local Facebook groups until it was unfortunately packed up the next day.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean that is a reason to go and check it out. I mean I'd go on a detour to see that, going to road.
Speaker 6: Trip being a local and seeing everyone sort of like come from all over to see it. But unfortunately the local police thought it was a bit of a roadside distraction, so they made the local county.
Speaker 2: We need to try and recreate.
Speaker 5: Let's build it again.
Speaker 2: Let's build a new house with new BIS. This is a great idea.
Speaker 6: Christian Connells Show podcast