Speaker 1: Look, it's no surprise that we're all absolutely loving the game. Oh we sit here waiting four years for this moment, and I'm so impressed by all the athletes, all the ossies out there absolutely killing it. Like it's incredible to watch these people that are just the best in the world are what they do that I so fit, they're ripped, they're so talented.
Speaker 2: What I love I love going to bed at night with the games on Telly, not even necessarily watching, just falling asleep knowing that there are people out there giving there all while I've just eaten two meals and gone to.
Speaker 1: Bed while you're nappy. Also, I don't think they want to hear that you're not watching.
Speaker 2: I'm watching, but I'm in and out.
Speaker 1: This reminds me when Ben says he likes to listen to my podcast as he goes to bed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, not what I want your boyfriend, Ben listens to your podcast that sounds like you to sleep, Yeah, but also put you to sleep. Yeah, the inference there's not good.
Speaker 1: No, But there's one athlete that's really impressed me and caught my attention.
Speaker 2: She no longer is in the game.
Speaker 3: She didn't win, unfortunately, but she's out. She's fifty eight year old Chilian table tennis player zang Ziying. She's nearly sixty years old and she has made her game's debut.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think that is incredible because she said she played like when she was younger with her mum, I think, and then she took decades off, didn't do anything for decades. Then his later in life retires, She's like, what am I going to do? I know I'm going to go to the games. I'm going to try and be the best in the world. So she picked it back up and there she is.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. Proofs doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be a table.
Speaker 1: Tennis She did lose to a forty six year old who obviously had age and agility on their side. But I don't think that's the lesson here. I think the lesson is if we can learn anything from Zenzing, it's age is just the number, like you can do anything you want at any point of.
Speaker 2: You have us to call here at the show. What did you pick up late in life? And actually, what did your master late in life? I tried to learn the thereman, which is an instrument during the pandemic. That kind of sounds like it's like for me x files you know.
Speaker 1: Actually don't know, and you're not doing a good job of explaining it.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's the it's the I don't be doing it a third time, Helse.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like I picked up being a radio host later in life.
Speaker 2: True, but I guess that was only thirty three three. I'm with you on that, is that late in life?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You picked up you went red lating life. You just eyed your hair red. So that's that's the cheap lu That wasn't talent. I just someone else did that. Teagan's called, Hey how old are you? What did you pick up later in life? Teags?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I'm thirty two, so maybe not too old. But I just started cheerleading this year. Oh, never ever done anything like that before? You?
Speaker 1: Did you grow up doing gymnastics or something?
Speaker 4: No, nothing at all. I've learned to Hanson and cartwheel and everything in like three months. So do you do in the air and it's nut?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Is it like the movies?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you watched the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, do.
Speaker 2: You do the big flips where.
Speaker 1: They like fling you in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm the fly, so I go up in the air. It's extreme, but I'm loving her.
Speaker 2: Are you glad you did it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Super glad. We had our first com on the weekend and we came first.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So not only did you pick it up, but you're slaying Olympics.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Chelsea. Hey, what did you pick up? Lading life?
Speaker 5: It wasn't me that actually picked it up. It was my mum's friend and she is in her seventies and it's clog dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I don't mean to laugh. I'm sorry, but I could not control that. I didn't know I laughed. I didn't know clog dancing was a thing.
Speaker 1: When I think of clogs, I just think of cheese and Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know.
Speaker 5: It's like a no, she's not. But it's like a combination between like tap dancing and Irish And there's like a whole heap of them that go down to the community hall once a week and do their little clog dancing.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I think when I'm older, I might take up line dancing. Yeah, my boo's good, thank you.
Speaker 2: I think I want to be a hairdresser Lad in life. Yeah, I think i'd just be really good at it. I think you too, But I think mainly it's just the gossip and the talking.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: It's not. You wouldn't do anything. You just wave your hands around with scissors. My memory would be so bad that I'd forget the gossip and bring it back up the next time. And then you've got an undercut.