Speaker 1: My youngest daughter, Lois is in year twelve, so a big year for her, and it is on you'll have this in a couple of years time, Patsy that year twelve, and they know that they've been at school for years and years and years, but they know it's all about this year, and everything feels fragile and if they don't get the right atar, they'll have a crappy life for the rest of their existence.
Speaker 2: And it's easy for me. You don't needn't worry. Many of you'd be okay.
Speaker 1: And so yesterday I was having a revise. Okay, and she's got a sack this week. It's a psychology one, or she calls it psych It helped with the psychic exam with dad. And so now kids these days that now the old school flash cars that we did, there's a modern version of that called quizlet.
Speaker 2: You're right, you type it on there.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can app as you're cann have it on a phone or an iPad and then repair them. I'm in this story, it's me. And if they don't know it, you swipe to left. Everything's swipey these days, even learning, you swipe to the left. If they don't know if it's right, it goes in to the knowing pile, okay, and then it's a word flashes up like spatial memory learning, and I say that to Lewis and then I tap it and it rotates like a game shot, and then I say, what is it saying you've got it? So we had eighteen nine of these to do yesterday, back into it today, back into it today. And anyway, as we're doing this, obviously there's a lot of gaps in my knowledge about psych and I.
Speaker 3: Didn't even do psychic school.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't, no, no, no, no, it's very very apparent. Very quickly, I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't even pronounce some of the things that I'm supposed to be helping later on my wife's SID I couldn't help but some of that, And she said, you know what, it's so good you're doing it because she gets the sort of feel that she's more intelligent.
Speaker 3: Than that boost her confidence.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a strategy she's had that sinceiation two.
Speaker 2: Very very quickly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we stuck with want to an argument because I didn't understand the difference between.
Speaker 2: Monomic.
Speaker 1: That isn't how you said by the word. I think it's mnemonic and an acronym. All I kept saying was Richard of York gave battle in Vain. How you remember rainbow? She went, that's nothing to do with this exam, and she went, now, now is it my mind? I'm going to get in a Thursday and go Richard of York gave batl in Vain. I don't know about long term memory retrieval. Stop talking about the flipping Richard of York gave because I still remember it.
Speaker 2: Now? Is that a monomic or is it an acronym?
Speaker 3: What's what's I guess that's a kneumonic because it is a device to remember. That's the rainbow, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richard of York gave battle in Vain?
Speaker 3: You remember?
Speaker 2: Is that neumonic?
Speaker 3: Acronyms like what's an acronym like AFL Australian Football League?
Speaker 2: Is that not a normonic?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I kept saying that NFL.
Speaker 1: She went, that's not one, and then I would just go, Richard of York gave.
Speaker 2: Rio. You're the man with the double degree. What's the difference between a numonic? Is that he's saying it? Was it anomic?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, he's got a tricky am at the start.
Speaker 2: Yea. That yeah.
Speaker 4: Mnemonic is like what Patsy had last week with Audie and the periodic table, a device to you know, the song, to remember the periodic table.
Speaker 2: What about Richard of You that's money, yeah.
Speaker 4: But an acronym is just like R s L or A f L. It's like three letters that you should know acronym.
Speaker 2: Sorry to remember it. No, that's amic