Speaker 1: Now you know what I haven't done this week. I haven't brought snacks, so you have my full attention.
Speaker 2: How are you going to survive an hour without food? Oh? No way, I just found just found a fun sized Mars bar. Carry on. Yeah, how are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just wonderful, absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 1: You say that with such contempt that you're here just because I pay you in shitty NFTs.
Speaker 2: They'll be worth something one day, one day. How's your NFT collection going?
Speaker 4: It's growing slowly. It's currently weighed down by Yundai NFTs. I bought a bunch of those and they've become effectively worthless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's saying something, is it?
Speaker 2: What struck you about the yun Day n FT? I don't know. I just thought i'd buy some.
Speaker 1: When you've got that much cash, you can kind of go. I think I might just buy some.
Speaker 4: Yes, well it was a disaster, Yeah, an absolute disaster.
Speaker 3: But anyway, what did you buy?
Speaker 2: Like? What? It was a pictures or something?
Speaker 4: It's so stupid they I'm probably just embarrassed to say. I'm gonna I'm to open them up so you can see that.
Speaker 2: What this looks like.
Speaker 4: Because when I was buying them, I thought, oh, this is obviously going to be, you know, some cool thing that's that's interesting and fun. And then they released it and I was like, what it's a it's a buggy with a leaf growing out of it. The car company has launched in an FT collection that has zero to do with their cars.
Speaker 2: And so you bought that before they released it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the way that works is there was part of a collection, so I bought five of them. Then they they mint and then they turned into these things. So yeah, that that's what it became. But then what happened was every person, every person that had one of those then got an ironic, which was much much better. But yeah, they've just they are effectively worthless at the moment.
Speaker 2: So what do you do with that? Do you just keep it on your hard drive? Dear? Talk about it on the Drive show? Yeah? Do you have it like displayed or anything like that.
Speaker 4: As part of an online collection? So I've got my other NFTs in there as well.
Speaker 1: So out of all the wonkiest things you've said, that is that is up the top?
Speaker 2: Can we put that one on the whiteboard? Well, why don't you make it an n FT? Make one an NFT with a discussion. Can you do that? Yeah, of course. Could we make this podcast an NFT? You could? Could we make our logo and n FT as you could?
Speaker 4: You could make anything an n FT. It's a non fungible token. It can be anything.
Speaker 2: From now on.
Speaker 1: I'm selling my dig pics NFTs. It's a non refundable token of my approngible whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't even care. Look at me with my NFT collection. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish I did. I genuinely don't understand it. I just I can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 4: Don't fear it because you don't understand it. This stuff will be the future. You're you're keen on that, aren't you. You genuinely believe that.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's I think it's interesting.
Speaker 4: Like one of the one of the guys that I like, Lush Sucks, who does murals and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, he often.
Speaker 2: Releases n FTS, and I bought a whole bunch of his stuff. Oh did you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see that I would buy yah stuff's cool. Yeah, his stuff is actually cool. I'll show you again, pointless for how much?
Speaker 1: How much would his NFTs go for? How much would you buy an NFT from lush sucks.
Speaker 3: It just depends.
Speaker 4: So he basically paints them on a wall and then will animate them. So that one was is that the Elon one? Yes, this is a limited edition. It just depends some of you know, some have sold for hundreds of thousands, some have sold for thousands. It just depends which one you get, and how much are you actually parting with?
Speaker 2: Just tell me, just tell me how much is an nflush sucks? Before grand Wow? Just don't tell my wife.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, do you know what, You're probably gonna have to sell off a few n f t s when you get a divorce lawyer.
Speaker 4: The problem is they're not worth that much anymore, which is good because now that the government spies on everything that you do, you can make a loss on them and reduce your taxable income.
Speaker 2: But anyway, this is a car This.
Speaker 1: Is a car podcast. And I don't I don't get what you're talking about. But likes Gordon, I don't do any I should do investments with a name like Gordon, I should do more investments.
Speaker 4: Are you're saying that while you're holding a hot cup of tea, like I'm.
Speaker 1: Just going to invest in I'm going to go do some investments, gazz I'll talk to you later. Hey, can I bring up some really cool cars? I've seen this race Go Mini have released.
Speaker 2: It's automatically not cool. Okay, it's automatically not cool. I like minnis, isn'tka you would? Yeah? Whatever? I used to own one. I loved it. I did, I did.
Speaker 1: I had like a It was a white Coopers and it had wood grain interior and like the they called it British lounge green on the seats.
Speaker 2: Oh it's great car. I'm gonna have to leave whatever nerd.
Speaker 1: So we've heard of the Mini Clubmen, and now they've released the Mini Acemen Acemen.
Speaker 3: How have I not seen this?
Speaker 1: Oh? Right, it should be called the Mini Seamen. It's quite an interesting looking mini.
Speaker 2: Look at those Yeah, that's there's a lot. It's got some neon lights on the front. Fully electric concepts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have a look at the interior of this, to kind of paint the picture. You're looking at a steering wheel that looks In fact, the entire interior looks like it's been done by the Country Women's Association knitting sector.
Speaker 3: Look what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is odd, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It is a concept though normally, yeah, especially with Minis, they take the concept and then it looks nothing like it when it's launched. They actually, the new Mini Cooper was leaked a while back, like as in, when was it, I'm just trying to find Yeah, this was back in December twenty twenty one, and this is a car that isn't meant to be revealed until next year. So that concept they revealed is of this car. But for some reason, someone parked one somewhere completely undisguised.
Speaker 2: I think if it was perhaps in China or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spoted testing in China, and normally they have all the disguised on them so you can't see anything. This one was completely undisguised in some car park somewhere, and someone's taken a whole bunch of photos of it two years ahead of its release, which is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, that's bad.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's funny that they're still bothering with the concept when we all know what it looks like and it looks nothing like like that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just the thing I've always loved about Mini is they're very they're quirky to say, at the least and the everything from design exterior to interior and stuff. I just I like how they're almost brave about it and.
Speaker 2: Not like by D.
Speaker 3: With podcasts.
Speaker 4: Do you just like on Instagram when you do a sponsored post that's an ad? Do you have to say that it's an ad just because you'd be getting paid by BYD right, just.
Speaker 2: Because of I am not getting paid by anyone?
Speaker 1: Podcast is to shit on people in your industry. Hey, do you know what's a great car and it's sort of BYD?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know there was?
Speaker 1: There's no there's this car that sort of flew under the radar for me for a long time, and I've recently just sort of started looking into it a lot more and like realizing how much of a cool car it is. Is the Lucid Air Oh yeah, Like it's effectively a Silicon Valley style EV that's just.
Speaker 2: Come to fruition and it is proper quick. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I was in the state seeing January, I went to check them out at their showroom thing and I saw one on the street as well.
Speaker 2: They look so cool in person.
Speaker 4: They're like a super long luxury sit and they're incredibly fast. They actually drove one up the hill at Goodwood with Ben Collins, who used to be the original stig for Top Kit. Oh yep, and he was absolutely hammering this thing. So it is a capable car.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they're fantastic and the interior looks incredible too, So yeah, A huge fan of them. Any idea if they'll come here?
Speaker 3: Look, I do hope so.
Speaker 4: Rivian, for example, said that they were building right hand drive versions of the Ute and the Suv. But I think, just like Rivian, they have so much stock shortage that it's impossible for them to scale at any great rate that Australia would be considered a key market. You'd go to Europe first the UK for right hand drive before you come anywhere near Australia.
Speaker 3: But I am hopeful if it does go to the UK.
Speaker 4: We're seeing stuff like Mustang Marquee is now sold as a right hand drive in the UK. They've announced it's going to New Zealand. Hopefully that means what will be coming to Australia.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, if it's going to New Zealand, you never know. That Mustang Marquee, that electric What are your take on? What's your take on that?
Speaker 4: I didn't love it in pictures, but again when I was in the States and I saw one in person, they actually look really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: In pictures it just looks so stupid terrible. Yeah, in person it looked great.
Speaker 3: I saw a blue one and it looked fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah to me, Like first glance, I was like, why are they even bothering like aligning this with Mustang?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I think Mustang.
Speaker 4: They said they'll have two separate divisions of forward, so I think each each vehicle, like f on fifty, they'll be the lightning the EV and then you've got the normal f on fifty Mustang will be the same.
Speaker 2: You got the internal combustion money and then you have the EV version as well. Yeah, very cool. We should talk news, Yes, let's do that. So guess what fuel.
Speaker 4: Is going to get more EXPENSI and cleaner apparently, Yeah, but don't think more expensive is the bit that everyone's concerned about. So this is a bit of a technical discussion. So I know that you don't like using your brain on a Saturday, but here it is. Anyway, in Australia at the moment, diesel fuel from around I think it was two thousand and oh, sorry, two thousand and nine, YEP has had a sulfur limit. So sulfur is stuff in fuel that is toxic and bad for your health, and it's also bad for engines as well. So diesel fuel in Australia has been first world quality since two thousand and nine, but our unleaded fuel has been ranked amongst third world countries for its sulfur content, So we have incredibly low quality fuel.
Speaker 2: Sorry, let me just pause you. Is that is that Australia only?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, well, Australia's standards, so the standards for the fuel, So in Australia you can have unleaded fuel with up to one hundred and fifty parts per million of sulfur, so since two thousand and five, that's where it was capped at, and that was a long time ago. Europe, for example, is moving to they're currently a ten parts per million, but they're moving to a stricter standard from twenty twenty five. So we are so far behind that it's not even funny. So well, the government, the previous government came out and said that from twenty twenty seven they're going to be changing that to be better quality. The new government that's come in has taken over that and they're now pushing it through to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: So from twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty four we will have a cap of fifty parts per million on sulfur content. Now, the reason this is important is because in Europe, where they have this good fuel standard, they're able to sell cars there that are efficient and have new technologies in them. But then when they go to Australia, they're like, well, if we release that engine in Australia and then it runs on ninety one rong fuel with high sulfur content, the engine will basically shit itself after fifty thousand k's.
Speaker 1: Remember the problem with the diesel filters we had here.
Speaker 4: This is unrelated to that, but that is the reason why we've been getting some cars with pretty average engines in Australia. So that will all change when the fuel standard changes. But the problem is the reason I say it's going to get more expensive. The government claims, which I think it's just ridiculous, it's going to cost them almost a billion dollars to fix this problem, which is getting this better quality fuel, and they claim that it will increase the cost of fuel by zero point six to one cent per liter.
Speaker 1: Or an average of I'm quoting your website here, eight dollars perhaps household over three years.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why. I think that's complete bullshit.
Speaker 4: If you release a product that is much higher quality, is it fuel stations even fling over a billion dollars like fuel stations at the moment with the government cutting the excise in half, they're still gouging the shit out of everyone, even though they don't need to be. Even though oil prices have come down to before well and true before their peak. The reason I think it's going to get more expensive is New Zealand already has these standards, and during the fuel crisis that we had recently in New Zealand, they were paying over three dollars a leter for fuel.
Speaker 3: So I think our fuel is going.
Speaker 4: To get significantly more expensive when it's fixed. If you look at the price of fuel in the UK, it is way more expensive than it is here.
Speaker 3: They are bulk buyers of we headed Field.
Speaker 1: We have bitched about the price of petrol in this country for a long time, but do you know what we're actually done. We've actually had a pretty good We've actually had a. We've actually had it pretty good.
Speaker 4: We have, so yeah, look, I think that this is a good move because it's going to make for cleaner air, better engines, and all that sort of stuff. But ultimately it's going to be the consumer that pays for it, because oil companies are greedy, retailers are greedy, and they're going to try and get as much as they can out of you, the average consumer.
Speaker 1: And this will roll into the narrative of cost of living and all that sort of stuff, and there'll be more bloody, there'll be a bigger push for evs and you know.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you like the sound of this?
Speaker 2: An off road version of the Lamborghini Hourrican? Oh? I think I saw this? Did they release pictures of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a little video of a concept car.
Speaker 2: It's going to be called the Hurrican Strato or stradat or if you're Italian and racist, like hurricane with a like an hurricane.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't have an E on the end, so it's not Hurricane socan hurrican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Though, this is basically can you say it with an Italian accent? Give it a go?
Speaker 3: Hey ho Acan.
Speaker 4: That's that's so it's an all terrain version of the hood Kan and I think this thing is going to be so cool. So the concept had a raise suspension of forty seven millimeters that the sort of con concept that they launched was called Beyond the Concrete, and it was this thing just belting through some gravel roads with these dirty, big driving lamps on the front. This is going to be insane, is there. Yeah, that's it's just going to be insane.
Speaker 3: And I think that this car is.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 4: It's going to be signing off the V ten engine for the Huricans, so it'll be one of the last cars you can get with this enormous engine before you know, before EV's a mandated and all this sort of stuff happens that just makes these cars disappear.
Speaker 1: So you know that that is like a Dubai Special, that car that is just going to.
Speaker 3: Be that'll be carve up sand dunes, that'll.
Speaker 1: Be there'll be some legends just driving that thing like there's no tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, that looks good, it does. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks bloody awesome.
Speaker 4: So Lambaghini's actually working on a few other cars, so they're doing a plug in hybrid version of the Urus as well, so hopefully it'll be a little better than the mghs we spoke about a couple of weeks ago, and they're also doing a car called the Urus Evo, which is a faster version of the SUV. So yeah, the SUV, I don't know. I've seen a few round but not as many as I thought I would. I don't think the Euros has been all that popular.
Speaker 1: I like them. They're very much. You either love them or hate them. So of car, yeap, what I haven't looked. I haven't driven one. I've sat in one, but I haven't driven it. What were your impressions of driving it?
Speaker 4: Look, it's the problem is it's based on the Q seven platforms, so Cayenne is off that platform to reg so they are kind of limited in terms of what they can do with it. And it is cool, it's got that lambeau vibe to it, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think i'd be just buying a rain driver, sport SVR or something that that just feels like a more engaging su It actually has room inside.
Speaker 3: The URS is pretty cramped.
Speaker 2: It's not a very good suv, so.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look as good like your land drove doesn't look as cool. Rain drove doesn't look.
Speaker 2: As cool, doesn't.
Speaker 4: But I just think it'll age better and it's just classier as funny as that is to say.
Speaker 1: But that's my class with my NFT gallery on my hard drive. Excuse me, I'll have a dry wide wine with Christopher pine All here from car ex Yes, classy. What else is making car news? I thought we were talking about Yundai and Kia facing a class action.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are so Bannister law in my opinion, ambulance chases, so they don't come consume me. They're investigating a class action against Yuenda and Kia in austraight out due to engine problems with American market cars. They also have a distinct issue of catching on fire as well, which is another problem they're having with abs modules and Yunday is kind of just at the moment, they're staying tight lipped, and I know that's a legal move because they don't want to come out and comment because obviously, if they're getting sued, they can use those comments against them. But it all relates to vehicles made between two thousand and nine and twenty nineteen. That use petrol engines up to two point four leaders that include Santa Fe, Sonata, Tucson, Velosta, Kia, Sorrento, Optima, and Sportage.
Speaker 3: Initially, they claimed.
Speaker 4: That this was just US vehicles that were affected, but they've now found that these engines are made both in the United States and Korea, which is where we had our vehicles sourced from.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they're going to be in hot water here. And it's actually interesting.
Speaker 4: You know, we sort of laugh a bit about Jeep having all these recalls and stuff, but Hyun Dan and Kia recently have just been on fire.
Speaker 2: Part in the pun with what you did there your car? Have you gone and got your recall sorted?
Speaker 4: My k Stinger, Yeah, it's affected by the ABS module recall.
Speaker 3: There was a recommendation with.
Speaker 2: Thanks for bringing that up. I am trying to sell that car even though it's brain new.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to buy it, please contacted the Drive show dot com dot attention Gordon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Basically the ABS module can can cause the car to catch fire, and they were recommending with one of these recalls to make sure your car's parked outside until the recalls addressed Jesus.
Speaker 2: My dear, it didn't contact me over that one.
Speaker 4: Or maybe your car isn't affected. Actually this would be a fun little exercise. Let me just thanks for boring Podcat, but Keia recalls. I'm just going to type that in.
Speaker 2: Do I have to look up my registration number? Yeah? I want your VIN? Do you have? Okay?
Speaker 4: Again, this is boring you New South Wales readisa it all? Yes, yeah, I need your VIN.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we've got your VIN.
Speaker 4: I'm going to type that into the Kia website right now, so okay in a.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 4: So it says there are currently no outstanding recalls for this vehicle, even though I was certain the ABS module recall affected Stinger as well. Yeah, it says here twenty sixteen to twenty twenty one our twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen Stinger.
Speaker 3: Yours would be twenty twenty two, twenty two. Okay, so yeah, basically it is.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a that was a useless exercise.
Speaker 4: We'll never get that eight minutes back for week. I was really hoping it would catch.
Speaker 2: I was really hoping you would burn to death, damn it.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, anyway, so yeah, ya they care. Now if you do think your vehicle is affected, you can join the class action. Now this next bit is going to be my opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh have we got another opinion piece from Paul? Give the opinion piece theme please gets sued?
Speaker 4: Now here we go, another opinion piece coming up from If you are interested in taking part in a class action, and I'm just talking based on experience here of my sister in law who had a Ford Focus with a dodgy dual clutch transmission, some people just joined the class action and waited around and ended up getting you know, ten bucks for their effort. At the end of the class action. The lawyers always take the biggest lick of that little pie.
Speaker 2: So what ended up with her?
Speaker 4: She ended up pursuing it with Ford and had her car replaced, and I replaced it with a new car. So I think that if you are having issues and you want to join this class action, don't then stop dealing with the car brand to get your problems sorted, because ultimately you will end up with far less through the class action than you would have if you persevered with the car brand and got it sorted.
Speaker 2: Did your sister in law drop your name?
Speaker 4: No, actually, and I deliberately stayed out of that because I said to her, if you don't succeed, let me know. But she had to go through VCAT and all this sort of stuff, which is the Victorian blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I just persevere with it.
Speaker 4: Keep great documentation, so every interaction, don't do it on the phone, do it. And if you do do it on the phone, note it down. Take all of your documentation. And if you are going to join the class action, you can have a foot in both camps. You don't need to just be in the one wow fi.
Speaker 2: And there's Paul's opinion piece, roll the theme, shall we get to the car of you? Yeah, let's do that. Let's go the.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty three bmw M three competition under the bonnet of all three models as a three leater wind turbot inline sex petrol engine sending three hundred and seventy five kilowats of power and six one hundred and fifty newtimeters of talk to all four wheels through an eight speed automatic transmission, and it also does zero to one hundred and three point six seconds. Prices start from one hundred and sixty thousand dollars before on road.
Speaker 1: Now this is where I try not to seethe with jealousy. One of the great cars BMW M four competition. Yes, so M four Competition.
Speaker 4: I had a chance to drive M four Competition with a whole stack of M performance parts. And the M three and the M four are now available as all wheel drive, so you can basically get extrave versions of these vehicles. And the cool thing about them is that you can still get them with a manual as well. And that was the interesting thing I thought that, you know, these days, manuals are so rare and so hard to come across that you kind of you don't expect to see that all the time, whereas now you can actually.
Speaker 3: Get manual or automatic. On the entry level.
Speaker 4: The competition is automatic only, but it is cool to see that they've actually gone down the path of doing that. Now you can also get convertibles, but you don't don't buy the convertible.
Speaker 2: Shake of the head, there was very no, no, not the purest thing to do.
Speaker 3: So jump behind the wheel of the M four competition.
Speaker 4: Re Wal Drive so one hundred and sixty five ish thousand dollars plus on roads Rebel Drive Automatic, the one that I drive.
Speaker 2: This is straight six three liter YEP. That's it. So mine had get this. It had adding these numbers up, so these are like the optional extras. Yeah twenty.
Speaker 4: It had around fifty thousand dollars worth of m performance carbon accessories, carbon fiber, and a titanium exhaust as well. Oh no, the titanium exhaust was like sixteen thousand dollars and it comes with a bespoke diffuser at the back, so it looks totally different. The carbon wing is just ridiculous as well. This thing is unreal. So we went to film it down at lang Lang where we do all of our other reviews, and the video guys were running late and it was wet, so this giant skid pan open to me. So I ended up just going and having some fun for about half an hour. The best part about it being wet is you don't destroy tires. To put the numbers for Mull Competition into into perspective, three hundred and seventy five kilots of power, six hundred and fifty meters of talk and zero to one hundred in under four seconds.
Speaker 2: This thing is a beast of a car. It is unreal. Can I ask just on styling wise and looks are you warming to the.
Speaker 1: I was going to call it kidney grill, but it's more giant lungs, the kind of nose looking thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you? I think it's it's this car.
Speaker 3: It doesn't you need to see it in person.
Speaker 4: In person, it actually looks good and if you have a bigger number plate, it actually breaks up that grill section quite nicely. So yeah, I think it actually is fine. So yeah, I think it looks good in person. But the cool features this car has. So it's got a mode called the Drift Analyzer. I was gonna say, and you did give this a bit of a spin to yeah? None, no spinning, just all right then, thank you.
Speaker 2: I was perfectly drifting. So it will basically rate your drift.
Speaker 4: It will rate the maximum angle, the length of the drift, and obviously whether you spin out or not.
Speaker 2: And it gives you a star rating out of five. And you've got five stars correct.
Speaker 1: This is if it could only analyze your penis, you'd get probably two stars.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's not good. That's not the length. Wasn't there a Bengal?
Speaker 4: The penis one is out of two stars, So I think that was good, No, it really was not. The other cool thing it has is variable traction control.
Speaker 2: So what you can do.
Speaker 4: It's got MDM mode, which gives you a little bit of slip, but it's always sort of in charge. But then you can go all the way through to stability control totally off and also variable traction control. And what that means is that on a wet surface like the skid pam we're on, you could do one eighty degree turns with limited traction, but you just keep your foot in the throttle and it won't actually spin.
Speaker 3: The car out.
Speaker 4: It will just keep feeding the rear wheels and managing traction as it goes. So there are so many cool features in this car that allay you to just have some real fun with it. And then when you do actually want to go for a proper drive and really get stuck into it, it is unbelievably quick. It is just ridiculous how fast it is through corners and how it picks up speed. Yeah, it is well and truly one of my favorite sports cars. And this latest generation just really knocks it out of the parks.
Speaker 1: I feel like bmw' come to the party with almost a new icon like a new classic.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's it's a.
Speaker 1: Really stellar looking car. It's beautiful to look at in the way it drives.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a base. Yeah it is. It is so cool.
Speaker 4: So yeah that that review will be live shortly on our YouTube channel. I actually did. I spent a bit of time demonstrating all of those features as well. So yeah, actually check that out and and yeah, see what you think.
Speaker 2: I've got to say, how many, how many? How many like goes of drifting did you get to get the five stars?
Speaker 3: And first go?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, did you learn how to drift?
Speaker 3: Ye's a practice?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, can I just quickly say, someone remixed our Ford Ranger review where I did a little bit of drifting drift in the review. Yeah, and they put the Tokyo Drift music on it.
Speaker 2: I gotta show you this, so so pulls in a oh my god, look at you go, Look at you go, look at that. That's actually you actually right.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't call that five stars, but for a five star Marrick, for a big heavy ass y, you actually did a right out there a little bit four stars.
Speaker 4: But yes, the internet is great, and so is the M four competition, So I'm actually keen. Is anyone listening to this? Well, is anyone listening to this in general? But is anyone listening to this that owns an M through and M four And.
Speaker 2: Have you owned previous ones? How do you rate this compared to the last ones?
Speaker 4: Because the last ones were a duel clutch automatic. This one is a talk converter, and but BMW has done some really clever stuff with especially with the launch control mechanism, because typically with duel clutches, you dial up REVS, it drops the clutch and then they manage the takeoff with traction control, whereas with the talk converter you can't do that. You just always have to be under load. And they've got a a system here that when you do engage launch control, it will shift up to second gear while the car is stationary, and you hear the turbo charges spooling, and then it tells you when to let go of the break and it is insanely fast. Typically with a rebel drive you don't get a good clean launch. This just blows it out of the park.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is. It is so cool, and it well and truly breathes that that M performance sort of. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brand I'm not a huge BMW guy, like I could pass up an suv any day, But there's something with their M cars, especially the ones that are really track focused, that they just they just nail yep in every aspect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very serious.
Speaker 2: It's not like a with a C sixty three.
Speaker 3: It's it's loud, and it's it's V eight.
Speaker 4: It doesn't corner all that well, it doesn't really do much well. And the Audi is all will drive. It's very much focused about going around corners, whereas this it has a bit of both. You can have the rebel drive and be silly, or you can go the ll will drive version that's better for cornering and can be silly as well because you can just stick it into rewel drive. And to think that Mercedes Bens is going to a four cylinder for the next C sixty three, I think is just absolutely criminal.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that does not sit well at all. No, how would you say, what would this compete with? Would this compete with a nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: No, this would be this is C sixty three coupee, it's out the RS five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lexus RCF.
Speaker 1: There's no one really in the Porsche world that would compete with They just don't have that.
Speaker 3: Really, these are too big.
Speaker 4: And the thing with the M four comp you can actually sit in the second row as an adult and you have plenty of room, so you know, the stuff you can't do in a nine to eleven don't even have back seats and it Cayman.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it's good. So I contacted the Drive show dot com today.
Speaker 2: You let us know. Have you owned an M car? What do you think of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I want to find out people's impressions. Actually like living impressions too. It's one thing to track a car, but also to live with it as a daily or or you know, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: You're looking at the ingredients of kombucha while I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To do it. I'm reading the can.
Speaker 3: It says no sugar, and then there's a tick that says, I quit sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, because I quit sugar.
Speaker 1: I Quit Sugar is a book that and it's kind of a brand movement, where so that is just basically saying yes, you can have you can. It's like it's like when you have your weight Watchers meals and you're on like three points or whatever.
Speaker 3: It fits in with that system, except I have four of those meals instead of one.
Speaker 2: You put them between two pieces of bread needle like a sandwich, deep fry the shit out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that reminds me, where's my cookie going? We should just change the name of this podcast to two Fatty. It's talking about cars occasionally. I love how we went from like a bmw M four to your Kim Butcher.
Speaker 2: And I just want to make it clear that I don't buy Kom Butcher. This was in the fridge here, and yes.
Speaker 1: The only thing I could steal he demanded water, and I was tempted to just there was a vase in the kitchen and I was attempted to just give you that. But anyway, contacted the Drive show dot com dot you is where we're at, and please leave us rating, please leave us.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Can they share this podcast? It'd be good if they told some friends or something. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I tell your friends if you know anyone who's remotely interested in cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Gordie will give you his key stinger.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'll find some merch for you. We should get merch. Merchant Can you imagine if.
Speaker 2: We did a merch drop. Yeah, I don't know what that is, but that's what all the cool kids say when they come out with merch. Oh, it's like an NFT drop. No, no, is Hey, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Ask you something random, right, because I feel like a lot of car people would be into this.
Speaker 2: Are you a watch guy at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a big fan of them. Looking at buying one of the og Amiga speed Masters, right, Yes, beautiful, beautiful watch, very classic. It's also known as the moon Watch. Did you know that about I think it was about six months ago. Amiga did a collaboration with Swatch. Yes, and it was like the Swatch Speedmaster or something like that. Those watches when they were selling was something like three hundred and twenty dollars. Right, it's a plastic watch. It's a bit of a tribute to Amiga. I guess Swatch is a Swiss company, but this watch I don't think has that really, It doesn't really have Swiss parts in it. But I for shits and giggles, I remember I was sort of around the Swatch store when they first when they launched the day.
Speaker 2: They launched this, I'm like what's this bloody life for?
Speaker 1: And I found out it was like thousands, thousands upon thousands of people.
Speaker 2: You couldn't buy it online.
Speaker 1: It was crazy in store, in store only and there's only like one or two stores nowadays, Swatch stores in Australia anyway, found out what it was. Those those watches, there's plastic watches are now going for twelve hundred dollars like you can get you can get a secondhand Amiga that's still that's a proper Amiga, Swiss made or whatever, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just that'll last you for the rest of your life. Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's just hype.
Speaker 2: I think eventually they will come down in like that.
Speaker 4: They will just release new ones and then it will just be yeah, because I saw people actually buying them and walking out onto the street and reselling them immediately.
Speaker 2: So nuts. Yeah. N So you're a watch guy, Yeah? Yeah, what's your favorite watch? You have a favorite? You have a Do you have a Rolex?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Not at the moment.
Speaker 3: I would like to have a Pepsi at some point.
Speaker 2: The problem is, why is that the Cicco Siico No, the Rolls, oh, the Rolls and half Blue, half red.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because before COVID used to travel a lot with work internationally, and I would every city I went to, I'd go to the rollstore and put my name down for one of the sport watches. Yeah, and no one ever contacts you. But the thing is that with Rolex in particular, I had a friend of mine who has a whole lot more money than I do, but he was buying three or four roles Is a month and that made him eligible for access to the sport Watchers. So he was getting like gold Daytonas.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So he would always get them and offer them to me.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to spend sixty thousand dollars on a Daytona with rose gold or some shit like that. So yeah, it's still on my to do list. And he has promised me that if a Pepsi or a Batman comes up, that he will sell them to me. But yeah, I just refuse to pay twenty grand on the secondhand market for them when you get them for much cheaper. I own a Saiko Astron, which is a duel a dual time zone solar backed watch.
Speaker 2: That's a nice watch. So because I need to close the look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I travel a lot, I can basically on the plane just as I land press a button. It will get the satellites updated. And that's because it's got solar power. You never have to really do anything with it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very cool. But anyway, thank you for listening to this episode. What's the other ones, the Saco grand Master or something?
Speaker 3: Oh, the grand Master, Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: They're nice. Yeah, and they're not too expensive either. No, they're a bloody good watch.
Speaker 4: One of our developers is a mad watch guy and he's a grand Master. He has a number of other older Rolexes as well, so he collects them and has friends who are on VIP lists, so he'll often cycle through them. That was the other issue with my friend on the VIP list. If he did get one of the special watches, he's not allowed to sell it because his dealer said to him, if this gets sold secondhand within like a year of me selling it to you, I'm not going to sell you any more of these, even though he was buying three or four.
Speaker 2: That's fifty dollars. Can they really police that?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing. You are at the dealer's discretion. Whatever they say goes. They can make up whatever they want. So yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow. Eh, I've got an old rolex. Oh it was my great grandfather, so it's like that old. But it was like he was he was the mayor of our suburb once upon a time. So they kind of felent. Hey, here you go have a rolex if you approve his building application. Alex, how dare you? But that's exactly what happened to me anyway. Contacted the Drive show dot com dot you tell us what you welcome to the Car Show. Tell us your favorite watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be good.