Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bah region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Raide Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host s Geordie Stevenson, lawyer and entrepreneur, business owner, new Mum All the Things My Loves twenty twenty two is almost over. I honestly can't believe it, Beneva can I?
Speaker 2: It feels like the longest but shortest year of my life.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too, I'm like, what did I even do? Oh? Yeah? But also I did so much So it's been such a crazy year. And you know, to think we started off with a friend getting COVID, not being able to go overseas, and then like, I feel like now everything is pretty much back to normal. Obviously, eComm not doing too well. Everything's changing and I kind of love it. It's all a bit crazy, but this is like the first year, you know, with a child navigating that whole thing, and safe to say, it has been a huge year of growth. It has been a huge year of growth in the businesses A tear, You joined us, RNC expanded, so did NHH. So much happened. It has just been such a huge year. But this episode is ten lessons that I've learned and really like leaned into this year. And I just I want to do this episode because I think they might be like aha moments for you guys too, And I just I love a lessons podcast. I listen long, I'm like nod in my head. And also there might be some stuff in here that you're like, oh, you know, I really need to reflect on this, yeah, and I need to, you know, dig deeper on this. So I'm excited for this episode. But before we get into it, just a little reminder, guys, there is only three or four days before the end of twenty twenty two, which means three or four days before we start to do it for your future self course. So guys, this course is a seven day course, a module opens up every single day from the first of January, and it's all about giving you guys tools. So every single day there's going to be a video, training, a workbook, a meditation, all three or just one of them, and it's going to run you through some tools to set yourself up for an amazing year. So this is all about digging deep and really doing things in a different way. So we're not doing smart goals, we're not just like making random goals. We're being so so intentional. So what we're working towards in the new year is really really potent and it comes from this you know, solar line place. So we're not going to get burnt out and we're not going to get to the achievement and then not feel fulfilled or you.
Speaker 2: Know such a big thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so often we finally get to achievement and then we feel empty, and it's because it wasn't actually something we wanted in the first place, and we weren't actually going after the right things. So if you're kind of sick of you know, doing things a certain way, and you want next year to be different, and you really want to literally by the seventh of John have a plan, and not like a strict plan. It's like you'll have a bit of an outline and a guideline and you'll know how to make certain decisions like you will literally if something, an opportunity or something comes up, you will use the tools in this course to then go yes or no if that makes sense, which is so so important, Like I said, if we're doing it from that very intentional way. So, yeah, it should only take you thirty minutes a day. I really wanted to make sure except for day four, we've got a nice long meditation of day for except for day for a tiers just informant. Day four's my favorite though, So it is a really really good meditation. Look, maybe up to an hour but also amazing. Yeah, do you have lifetime access though, So if you can't do it in the you know as every single day from the first of Jan, don't stress because you do have lifetime access. But by the eighth of Jan, the price will go up. So if you want to get a bloody bargain, get onto it now. Treat yourself or you know, you can get someone else to treat you. But yeah, we're really really excited about me.
Speaker 2: Youre Tia I'm so excited to do it.
Speaker 1: You literally can't wait. It's gonna be so powerful. I literally haven't let it to you do it? No, right, I'm waiting. I'm like, no, Well, don't get from the first of Jack, We're going to chext each other. But yees. So I'll put a link in the show notes for that. But also before we get into the show, I just want to say a massive thank you to every single one of you who have supported the podcast this year. Honestly, it means well to us, doesn't it tier it does. It's just it's incredible that you keep listening to our voice, and you know, I just want to say I really appreciate the support, really appreciate you coming back and engaging in the Instagram and coming in the Facebook group and sending in your hotline queues and oh, you guys are just yeah, like the best, You're the best girl gang. I appreciate you guys so much, and I'm so excited to bring you even more amazing content in twenty twenty three. We've got an exciting plan, don't we. A tr so exciting A Tia has got some epic guests for you. She's gonna pull out the big guns and really get them on. Yes, it's literally what a her kprs. No, I'm so excited. So yeah, I just wanted to say a big, big thank you, and I hope you have the most amazing New Year's Eve see me. All right, let's get into the first lesson twenty two Detach, observe yourself and others, and don't react. That is the title. It's a long one. I love how these titles are not like snappy. No, I enjoy it, guys. So this was a one kind of So this one is all about basically I'm sure I'm sure or you have heard like the saying of like no one can make you feel a certain way, only you can make yourself feel a certain way. And I found there, you know, was a point of my year where I was kind of letting my emotions really run the show. Yeah, and I would let certain people they could say something small and it would like really upset me. And I guess like a big realization that I have is like you need to take a step back and realize you're not your emotions. Yes, we have emotions, and that's amazing to have emotions, and you should feel those emotions, but you have a choice on your reaction, and you know in that moment, I just personally find if you react with emotion to that person or that thing, that it creates this like domino effect of just like like useless kind of you don't need to go down that road. Yeah, So if you can kind of detach and be like and this did happen from like like a conflict I was going through and I had to kind of detach and be like, Okay, this is interesting. I'm feeling this way, and I think it's because of this trigger which is from my childhood or from this or from that, and instead of just reacting this way because I'm a very reactive person. I'm a leo. I love fire, I love also I love a good argument. I love that passion. To me, it's a bit of passion, but it can sometimes, you know, just not be where you want to be. So a big thing that I learned this year was like taking that step back observing this is interesting. I am not my emotions. I have emotions, but like I don't have to let it overtake me and I can be in control of my emotions. And a thing that kind of made me feel better. Is realizing that like we're aal just like souls, having a human experience, so kind of like I don't know, like sometimes things would feel like the end of the world, yeah to me. But if I could kind of be like this is interesting and observe this moment and almost like see the situation from a bird's eye view, not from your emotions, it's kind of like, Okay, this is an interesting human experience. Can I learn something from here? How can I move forward? How can I not let this like engross me? Yeah? And that was like I practiced that I did that like really served me well this year.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dear you're alaka.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Next one, a tia. Your external world is a reflection of your inner world. This one gets me every time. It gets me so good. We need to say this to each other everywhere, Yeah, because what's happening in here? Because you probably need to shift a couple. So I had this really big realization and it was actually quite recently in the year, and I did a full post on it, so you may have seen on Instagram, but I kind of I think I even went on a random episode about this ado Yeah, Okay, so you guys have heard it, but it's just such a strong lesson for me that I was like, I need to say this again. So my whole thing was I was doing all so like, you know, to get back to my mojo or to get back to myself. You know, I was going through my postpartum journey. I was changing all these external things, and I was like trying all these different things, changing these external things. And after that, like I sat with myself and I'm like, I still literally feel the fucking same, what is happening right now? And then the light bulb moment went off, and it's like, you know, your reality is a reflection of your internal world. So if you don't like something in your reality, or if things are not going your way, or if you're not feeling aligned, you need to shift something internally. Yeah, And this was such a huge realization, and I think it's something really important that we can be doing more regularly, like checking in with ourselves and being like, hang on a second. If you know you're feeling really rushed and you feel like you've got no time, like that's something that comes up for me so repetitively, and so I've realized like that's even something that it's like internally, I need to see what's happening in my mind of feeling rushed and feeling like I have no time, and making sure I'm constantly doing the inner work to shift rather than changing external stuff like getting a new job or getting a new new friend or a new partner or that sort of thing. It's like, if you don't fix the inside, the outside is going to feel the same, even if you get that new thing or change that thing externally. My third lesson of twenty twenty two boundaries, Boundaries, Boundaries. I wrote it three times because I need someone to continuously say this to me. So this again is such a story in my twenty twenty two of accepting things and then coming to regret them. Yeah, and not listening to my intuition when I accepted them, And then I would get really angry at myself because I didn't listen to my intuition.
Speaker 2: Have you ever, I'll, as an example on a smaller scale, say something felt intuitively right, like going on a weekend away with a bunch of friends. Yeah, and you book it two months in advance because where you're going or whatever it is, and then you get to like a week out.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, I don't want to go.
Speaker 2: What would you do? What would I think twenty twenty two Georgie would have followed through? Yeah, but what is what would twenty twenty three Georgie do. Well.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the circumstances of why you're feeling that need of this doesn't intuitively feel right, Like if it's like your cup is literally so depleted because you know, energy wise, then it's like a straight okay, I have to pull out. I have to you know, cancel that trip. If it's like a thing of maybe someone on the trip that you don't want to be in the energy of, maybe it's talking to that person and being very upfront. Like there's a lot of different ways to look at it. But yeah, definitely old Georgia would be like, all right, we'll go out of the trap your bag, But New Georgie is going to, you know, look into that thing. But also I think it's about obviously, if you're planning a trip, you do need to plan that in advance, but like not planning things where you think you might regret it in the first place, Yeah, and being like, hey, can we just you know, pencil it in. Can we feel this out? Are you going on a trip? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, that's just like an example, a small example I could think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think a big thing about boundaries is like checking in with yourself consistently, and like, for example, before I booked in that trip, I would look at my calendar around that time because for me, it's always going to be about the energy. Yeah, I'd never book a trip with people I might have a problem with. Yeah, so it would be what is actually happening on happening during that month and does it look like I could physically, you know, do that thing and have the capacity and being very not only intuitive but also logical of will I have the physical energy? Yeah, that's like a huge thing. And again that's about like fully checking in with yourself and always thinking about that side of things rather than just booking things willy nilly. Yeah, that's all right. So next year is my year of no. I've you want something? No, no, get ready for the year of no. I no, no, no. That's a bit trannic, but basically next year and like, I hope you guys hold me to this, but it's like, unless it is a fuck yes, it's a no, because anytime you say yes to something, you're saying no to something else that may be more aligned. That's a bit scary. And I do find that I am someone like I don't want to let people down, and if it is like I get stuck in like the shiny things, if it's like a shiny opportunity, I'm like, you know, like I should want this thing, or this would be a great bucket list. You know, when I'm talking about lists, I'm more talking about achievements because I'm the sicker like that. But it's like, this would be a really great thing to like tick off the list in achiefence wise, And again, my big thing is checking in with myself and being like, do I actually want to do that thing? If I do, what's the reasoning. Is it because I just want another achievement under my belt? Is it because I'm trying to please someone else? Is it you know, like what is the why? And actually getting down to that and then also sitting in the intuition of do I actually want to do this thing? Is it a hell yes? Or is it a no? And getting really really strong with that because yeah, this year I kind of just like said yes to things that I didn't really think about. I did not check in with myself before I said yes. I just said yes because I'm so used to saying yes. And then this year happened and I became a mother, and I realized how well more I think. The reason why it's so important now is a yes to something might mean no to ivy and that's just something I'm not willing to sacrifice. And I didn't realize that when I was, you know, even pregnant. I just I did not have the understanding. And I agreed to a lot of things, and I booked a lot of things in and then you know, this new twenty twenty two me had to like live out these you know, decisions that I had previously made because I am some one of my word and I don't break promises. But it was such a good lesson to feel like, wow, I need to be real I need to be stronger my boundaries because I feel like over the years I have been getting stronger. But this year was like a huge moment where I was like, yeah, this year was awake up call. So that was a huge, huge lesson for me.
Speaker 2: What's your next lesson?
Speaker 1: Lesson? For of twenty twenty two, I gotta stop saying that because we clearly know and again this is like kind of I don't want it to sound counterintuitive to the first lesson, lesson of like observing your feelings but not judging my emotions and feeling into my emotions was also a lesson I learned this year because I realized an interesting thing about myself. And like in the past, I have been called cold, and I've been cold that like I'm a very you know, just I get on with things and I get shit done and I attached. Yeah, I can be detached and very into my mask illn energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've like always kind of known that. I'm like, yeah, yeah, cool. I honestly think it's like a super power because I like just get on with my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think for the thirst year again motherhood, really I started to notice my emotions and I thought it was very interesting because there was a couple of key things that happened in the year that I thought, I think I should feel a bit happier than I actually do. Yeah, And I just thought this is interesting, Yeah, I think I should actually feel a little bit happier. And I felt I don't want to say numb, because it's like it's not to that extent, but it is somewhat numb of this is nice. Yeah, well, I think I realized because someone else had such an extreme emotion, and I don't want to compare myself, but I did think it was interesting and I kind of then did a bit of reflection and I was like, I think I am someone who is very great at composure and very great. I come from an English background. Both my parents are from English. I was like, what, they don't show emotion, but I'm very good at composure, and I'm very good at kind of keeping this like neutral level. So it very proper, very proper. I've gone from London stop no, very kind of in saying that that goes the other way, where also the sad emotions or the angry emotions, and you know those quote unquote negative emotions, I also don't feel them very deeply. So I'm almost stuck in this like neutral state, which isn't bad because then you don't get really really sad, yeah really really, you know, but then also I'm not feeling those high high emotions and I'm not feeling the low low emotions I'm finding this like middle period, and so I kind of, you know, I was speaking to a professional about it, and they did say, this is like a coping mechanism that you kind of take on from when you're a child, where you don't feel safe to show certain emotions and so you kind of keep in that like neutral numb state. And I don't think, you know, I'm an extreme case or anything like that, but I did think it was like interesting, and it was also the first time I wanted to explore that more. And I was actually having a chat with Ellie and Jamie because they really feel their emotions, like they can really cry at anything. Like Jamie literally cries sad anything in like the most beautiful way, like when she's really happy, like she could be really happy for me and she would cry. Yeah, And like I just never, in a millionaires whatever feel like doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, obviously, again I'm not trying to compare myself, but I was like, I do think it's interesting, and so they were like, the next time you are feeling, you know, sad or happy, like instead of just like briefly feeling that, really try and feel in the emotion and see what happens. And I was like, Okay, So there was this day and you know, there was like there was a bit of drama, and again it was a situation where I had said yes to something that I from the start knew I didn't want to say yes to something. And then it meant, you know, that I didn't get time with Ivy, and I was feeling really upset with myself that I had made this decision. So I was going to get coffee and I sat in my car and I like really felt into the emotion and I cried and I like sat crying in my car, and then I really felt in it, and I felt really sad and really upset, and I cried and then the like then the emotion left and it was done. And I kind of thought to myself, how many times have I not fully felt an emotion and suppressed it and then it maybe came up in a trigger or anxiety or because.
Speaker 2: My it's like leaking energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like, oh, this is something I need to like step into more. Yeah. So a big lesson that I learned this year was like, I actually need to feel into my emotions more because I'm just someone who doesn't. So that was that one I too, do you feel like that?
Speaker 2: I used to be very emotional and then really toxic events. Oh oh, and that was when I learned to control, because I would fry all the time. Oh, or like not all the time, but like once every two weeks there'd be something that would happen and I'd end up in tears, and I'm like, I can't let things affect me this much. And then in the decision to stop letting things affect me that much, I almost dialed down the switch of my emotions because even through school and like first few years out of school, I was like the most emotional person. I'd watch like a Disney movie and I'd be in tears. Every time I went to the cinema, I'd be in tears with happiness or sadness or just anything. And then the past couple of years, I'd say barely cried.
Speaker 1: Interesting. That's so interesting that you kind of have like a pinpoint event too. That's really good. Yeah, yeah, not really good, but.
Speaker 2: Well, hearing what you said that that was your childhood that sort of suppressed your emotions. That now, for me, that is definitely what caused me to go I'm almost like, I'm not gonna let people control my emotions. And instead of not letting people control my emotions, I just kind of turned them off.
Speaker 1: Oh no, So do you want to feel them a bit more? I think I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have enjoyed not we are cold, bous, we are cold, you know. I like, I'm not gonna lie. I do enjoy sometimes like not feeling them. Yeah, it's just like it's really like the shittiest thing will happen.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, let's go on the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then especially in this office, because I'm like, life happens for me. Fine, I'm like, oh goodness, I that though.
Speaker 2: I have a question, Yeah, what is the difference between feeling the sadness and also like trusting bit?
Speaker 1: So here's the thing is, I think you can do both because you feel it and then it goes away, so then you can go into the trusting.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think we kind of got it a little bit wrong here and we need to like and I'm not talking like you know, you have to be crying all the time. No, Because also I was talking to my parents about this and they were like, yeah, but maybe you're just like not an emotional person. Yeah, and I'm like, could be, but like we're like we were talking about my childhood and stuff. But I think I think the whole thing of this is I do want to feel those emotions a little bit more. So I think it depends on what season you're in, because also I went the last you know, twenty eight years and not feeling them and it was great. So it really depends what you're about. But obviously, especially being a new mum, you know, with Ivy and those things, I feel like for her too, I want her to really feel her emotions and be able to express herself. Yeah, so if I can't even do that, why do I, you know, expect her to feel comfortable to do for doing that. So that's like a big reason why I, you know, wanted to explore that. But it is something like I think it's just saying, you know, I'm gonna have to check in and see where I go. But I just thought that it was definitely an interesting realization for me this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good one, all right.
Speaker 1: Next one, number five, don't overcomplicate it. Gosh, we do this a lot. Oh my gosh. This is like something especially like I can overthink things, yeah, And I can get in my head about things, and I do sometimes find myself having anxious thoughts, which then you know, spial spirals myself into more anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And something that I realized this year that really kind of helped me get out of my head and feel grounded again was just like simplifying things and being like, you know, like I feel like, you know, the question of like will I care about this in five years? Is it really that big of a deal that I need to be future tripping and overthinking it? And I just feel like this has been so helpful for me, especially you know, my whole thing I'm being fucking banging on about about you know, finding my mojo back and being creative now that i'm you know, a mother, and how I've adult journey with that, yeah, and like to get out of that like weird funk. I literally was just like, maybe exactly how you are is exactly how creative you need to be in this season and that's it. Yeah, And you know, just being like, stop overthinking it.
Speaker 2: And stop comparing yourself to previous versions of yourself, Yeah, and just.
Speaker 1: Let things be simple because you're literally making life harder for yourself. And I think, like we all do this, Like we've all had friends and they're like spiring them and they're like, but what if this happens? What if this happens? And you go, oh, it doesn't matter. Yeah, And I feel like we need to do that with ourselves, and I just yeah, I think yeah. And so the vibe for this lesson was really like, can I simplify what is happening right now? Because yeah, I do tend to be in my head. Next point next lesson, the grass is greener where you water it.
Speaker 2: I love this lesson.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a tale as old as time. So this is very much and to you know, be very honest and very personal. Like the year. The first year of parenthood is pretty wild in regards to your relationship with your partner. And I feel like, you know, me and Tim have definitely gone through some you know, testing times and some like challenges being new parents. And something I always come back to is like things always look better somewhere else. You know, people on social media have the perfect marriage, or they have the perfect child or the perfect newborn bubble, or you know, everything looks greener. But if you can kind of I guess for me because I'm in control freak. Something I always love doing is like I actually get to take back control. And the grass is green and where I water it. So if there's an issue in my life or there's something that it's like I feel like is not at the you know, level that I want, I can actually choose to water that grass. I can choose to fill up that relationship. I can choose to put more energy into that thing. So instead of being like, oh, but you know that girl over there, like she's achieved so much and she's doing this and he's doing that and they have this relationship or blah blah blah, it's like where in my life would it feel really good to put more energy or you know, to feel better and like looking at your own life and you know, staying in your own lane. I think it's like a lesson that I will continuously need to be told. Yeah, for sure, And especially with social media, like I think we get really wrapped up in sometimes it's not even other people's life, but even just the illusion of perfection in people's lives. It's actually you know, with these like reels and tiktoks of like very aesthetic morning routines and very aesthetic lives and self love and everything is very at the you know, highest level. It can feel like, you know, things aren't as good in your life because you've got these you know pictures constantly getting consumed in your head of what other people are experiencing. But it's like it's all an illusion. It's all like not their full you know life or anything like that. So like the biggest lesson, and I feel like I will say this every year is like the grass is greener where you water it. So if there is something in your life you want to change, is you know, focus your energy on that. Stop thinking the outside thing is better.
Speaker 2: What's your next?
Speaker 1: Lesson? Lesson seven, Making your word law. I love this sentence.
Speaker 2: I love it too.
Speaker 1: So this is a lesson that I've stolen from my favorite book right now, thirty three Steps to Your Infinite Self by Stuart Wild Your Genius Start. So he talks about this concept of making your word law. And I loved this because I was listening to this audio book a couple of months ago, and it was during my stage where I was toying with the whole five am wake up situation. But I was kind of going flipping flopping. So I'd sometimes get up early, but then sometimes I'd be like, oh fuck it, I'll just sleep some more. And this whole concept is he's kind of saying, make your word law. So if you say you're going to do something out of respect for yourself, you need to do that thing. And if you know you're not going to do that thing, do not say it. Make your word law. And that also then is very much like if you say you're going to do something to like for someone else, like make that law to and be a very integral person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where it's like, say what you're going to do, that's like, if you're not going to do it, don't.
Speaker 1: Say it, don't say it, and just be like very fucking honest. And that's like a quality that I absolutely fucking love in someone else. Yeah, Like if there's someone who like says what they're going to do, I'm like, integrity fucking love it. Yeah, And it's like, why is that not something that I should prioritize in myself? And I was like, Oh, you're so right to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so something I, you know, begun to do was like if I say I'm going to do something. My word is law and I'm going to be it's like a form of respect for yourself, which I also love that concept. And then I started doing the whole well, I'm gonna wake up at five am and I'm going to go to this gym class. And I just found it so easy to then wake up at five am because I almost had this.
Speaker 2: Like well I have to, well I have to because I said it, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the whole the whole concept like really like change my life a bit. So I thought we better add that this lesson in.
Speaker 2: I love it because it's almost like if you don't have that respect for yourself, how can you expect anybody else to have it for you?
Speaker 1: Yes, so love that point. Yeah, or like do it.
Speaker 2: To you as well, because I find sometimes there'll be people that are a bit flaky with stuff.
Speaker 1: Now it thing's worse than flake. Oh all those people like I'm about to fucking this is me. But like those people who were like continuously late, and you'll even be like do not be late, and like, oh my god, I'm about to fucking lose it. Anyway, I am someone who continues to be late, but not anymore A tia no and.
Speaker 2: It's just like if I say I'm going to go to the gym and then I don't go to the gym, and the people around me see that, then how like it's not really on them if they say they're going to do something with me and they don't do it because they know that I'm that kind of person.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like being that sort of person too. Yeah, it's like, oh, you don't want to be that person?
Speaker 2: No, And so I need to Actually that is going to be one of the things I take into twenty twenty three because I need to make my.
Speaker 1: Word law for myself. Put it on your list.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a long word.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Yeah, it's good. Love that all right, next lesson. Okay, So this is a bit of a manifesting concept, which is like so obvious. It's something I know, but this year I've had to really implement it. And it's like the future is now and everything you want is already happening that you need to believe that. M So this like this concept is like kind of so like the whole thing of manifesting is, you know, get on the vibe of what you want, act as if it's already happened. The universe will only give you what you believe you can have and what you're on the same vibration for. So you know, if you want something in the future, don't be and think that it's in the future. It's already yours. You have to act and be like it's already yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think sometimes we can get very in our own heads of oh, well, like you know, I'll act that certain way when I've got that thing. It's like, no, you need to act like that now, and then that thing will come to you and be attracted to you. Yeah. And it is just something I've you know, tried to really really embody. Like A huge, huge takeaway for me this year is making decisions from my future self. So when I'm saying yes and no to an opportunity or and obviously like a huge thing is you do need to be clear on your next level self. And I got so clear of my next level self after I did all the work books with my girlfriend of the do It for your Future Self course, And so now I'm so clear of like my next level Georgie and so big, big lesson. A big thing I'm taking into the new year is not making decisions of how I you know, feel in this moment. Obviously huge thing is like using intuition but being like my next level self because I am her. Now, what would she decide if I really had those things? I'm interacting? What would she decide? And I think we very much tend to make And the reason why I wanted to put this in is because my girlfriend who I went on the iver a night stay with Listenda when we were you know, doing our next level selves together, she was even talking about like she's at the stage where she's ready to get help in her business because she currently does it all herself. She had like huge block around it, and I'm like, yeah, but you also have these amazing high goals and it's like if you have achieved those goals, would that person what would they say about, you know, having help in that regards Like they'd be like, yeah, of course they need help because I'm achieving all these goals and I have all these things. Of course that's easy. Where she had like a block of like making the decision from where she is at now rather than where she wants to be. Yeah, And that was such a huge a moment for her too, which I love, and so that is like such, it's an embodiment sort of part of manifestation. I think sometimes we really forget that because it's easy to make the vision boards and want this big life and you know, really dream big, but it's not easy to embody that when you don't have it. Yeah, And that is truly, truly like the.
Speaker 2: Hack what's your ninth lesson?
Speaker 1: So this is like again a lesson you've probably heard, but again has been such a focus for me this year. And it's just like the people that around you are everything. And it's that old saying of like you are the average of the five people you hang around the most. How do you feel when I say that to you? Too? Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I love that my five people are pretty good now.
Speaker 2: I never realized how true that was until Yeah, I was surrounded by a completely different bunch of people that had different values, and it shifts how you think about things. You're like, well, that's not like it's a rare thing to have. It's normal and I can do it too.
Speaker 1: Everyone literally does it. It rubs off. Yeah, it rubs off. The people around you rub off on you so much, and it's often hard to see it's really hard because you're like you're so in it. And so this has been something this year that I've really been intentional about with like just who I'm spending my time with and like you know, after whether I'm hanging out with someone and it's like is my cup full?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or is it empty? And like does this does this serve me? And then also kind of thinking even you know, like even in Naked Harvest and ironc being like, you know, the people around me, are they amplifying up? Like are they dreaming big? Because that's really important of like you know, you need to obviously have that common goal and business, but also have those goals and ambitions like outside of business, and just be even in the type of people. And that's why in the business episode we recorded quite a while ago to here, I said, like it way matters, Like if someone's resume is amazing, but they come in and into and I'm like, this is culturally like workplace culture, this is not gonna work. I will always hire off, Like are they going to fit in? Are we on the same vibe? Yeah? For sure? And I think this is like something that we get very comfortable with the people around us. And I like I'm not saying like go out and you know, break up with your partner and get new friends, leave your family behind and stuff like that, because often you know there are people that maybe aren't serving you and maybe are training you a little bit. Who are family? Who are you know? People you can't exactly get rid of. And it's not about that, but it's just about being conscious of like the amount of time you spend with that person, or really putting boundaries in about what you talk about with those those people, and just being so intentionalble And I think also, like I said, like always auditing that and checking with yourself and checking around with like, hey, who am I actually spending most of my time with? What are their values? What's the vibe doing? Maybe need to shift things?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I think like it's also important to acknowledge that you can have people in your life that fill your cup in specific areas of your life, definitely, And you can't expect to get everything from one person. Yeah, And it also needs to come from yourself too. Yes, So are you feeling your own cup? Where does who fills your self development cup? Who feels your let's go be fun and spontaneous cup? It doesn't have to be the same person who feels your oh my gosh, let's talk about all the pop culture because we both enjoy that sort of gossipy stuff cup and find those things. And it's like almost you can have the best friend in the world but never be able to travel with that best friend, And there's a friend who you might not be as close with that you travel better with because of how you travel. And that's like a really left field example, but it's just not expecting everything from one person, whether that person be a family member or your partner or yes, a friend, Like the only person you can expect everything from is yourself. I love that and then pay everyone else accordingly.
Speaker 1: Yes. And also, and that's also a big thing of if you're maybe thinking about your friends and you have that you know, more surface level, more just fun and you laugh a lot with that friend, and then you have that kind of deeper connection friend where you talk about personal development and stuff, but also thinking about is there anyone where you're maybe missing something from a connection and maybe that is something that you can manifest in the new year and you can attract, Like there's definitely a kind of hole in like my people who surround me that I'm like, next year, I really would love that field with a person around me because I'm really craving that connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that also is really important because yeah, like it's also about being like you actually deserve to have the connection you want. Yes, yeah, so it's like you can't be picky and you also if there is a connection you're lacking, like, don't just try and fill it with like average connection. Yeah yeah, I'm not gonna say average people average connection and being like wait and be like very specific with what you want and I guarantee you will be able to attract that thing and person in Sorry, Yeah that connection Okay, amazing and very last lesson of twenty twenty two create space to allow things to fall into place. So I went on a whole rate about this in I think it was my Friday episode and a huge thing that I'm leaning into leaning into is creating space in you know, my life for things to fall into place in maybe mysterious ways. I highly suggest you go listen to that episode if you haven't, because it's all about rendering and leaning into uncertainty because as humans we do not like to do that, especially if you're a control freak like me. But a big part of this is my year was so packed filled and it felt very unaligned because I was not checking in with myself because you know, all these lessons I've literally just spoken about and obviously they're lessons for a reason, and I'm so grateful I've learned them. But a big thing is I took space. I think it was around October and I took a couple of weeks and it really fuck it really like sorted me out. Yeah, and I've realized how much I need to have space and I don't have to just fill my calendar and my time and you know, tick things off and being very intentional and kind of leaving space and going some time and then checking with yourself and then leaving space and then going some more. And I think there is just so much like sweetness in doing that, and that's something I'm really really trying to step in. And I know that it's obviously not going to be possible, you know, for everyone in it. Actually I feel like you can. I fee feel like you can really create space for yourself. But yeah, I just find that that has been so important to me, and honestly, my biggest lesson this year and something I'm really leaning in for the new year. I love that. That is it, my loves. I hope you enjoyed ten lessons of twenty twenty two. And then, of course, if you do want to join us for the do it for your future self. There is only I think about four or five days left to enroll and start on the first of January, so I'll also put a link in the show notes for that. But I hope you're having an amazing festive season, and I hope you had an amazing Christmas, and I hope you have a lovely new year. So if I don't chat to you before, then bye. Thank you so much for listening to to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.