Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Thank you very much for two of you. But he told me that there are.
Speaker 2: There are apps for the location of public toilets. I wish we'd had this conversation earlier. It would have made a dark Knight of the soul.
Speaker 1: Knowing. But they're not twenty four to seven? What time do they open? Right? Who turns up with the keys? You have to go around to etails? How do they open? Some look at sunset? Yes? Is this so whimsical?
Speaker 2: Some person that runs cities who, in all of his responsibility, like to turn the traffic lights on, also has one the bogs the dunny, So you have to press two things at the same time. The nuclear key coats start the countdowns, and then all the doors a suddenly, cave doors are open. All right, let's do double thumbs up. Where this is where every Friday on the show we go around the team. We talk about the TV shows, the books, the movies that we're into at the moment. And if you're looking for someone to watch or stream this weekend. We might have it for you, Patsy, what's.
Speaker 1: If you mate?
Speaker 3: I've been really taken back this week. We've watched Wayward on nip.
Speaker 1: Fleet or just started that last night. My god, that it is creepy.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: We binged it all last weekend. So this is tiny Collette's new offering. Its in eight parts.
Speaker 1: She is she just does such great stuff. She's never even bad, No, she's not.
Speaker 3: And you know what the who the standout for me and this is is the Canadian, a Canadian comedian that May Martin, Yes, who is actually the creator and writer they are.
Speaker 2: She had a great TV show that's got us through Lockdown. May Martin is a brilliant very.
Speaker 3: Goodness, so much screen presence.
Speaker 1: Absolutely just did you know it's been a true story.
Speaker 3: I did not know that. I did not know that, which makes it even creepier. So it's a story of a couple who moved back to a hometown just for some pacing quiet. They've been in Detroit, things haven't gone well, so they've gone back to this hometown not as all what it seems. And it's ended on this youth academy and what parents think this is actually isn't. So it's a story of essentially a cult. So it's a little bit Hunger Games. It's also just a little bit Charles Metzen at times, but it's not out.
Speaker 1: Old mate it binge through it the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: We love a Souson of Manson of cult.
Speaker 1: You've got me all we can.
Speaker 2: We watched one episode last night when I think this is the thing we just watched every couple of days because I actually didn't have to watch a sign. Did you find it's too heavy Manson? Imagine the algorithm they're going to start feeding out. Oh you like creepy stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's like a rom com for Patsy.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing all the reviews with the new Charlie Huntman by a picky stunner.
Speaker 1: For Ed Gaines, a serial killer. I'm watching that.
Speaker 2: That's a nice little one just to you just leave Friday night, so that with a takeaway, it's like some choppy, choppy et et all right, looks up in the basement is how he did it? No?
Speaker 1: I love that. I would love this. Let me just message her now.
Speaker 3: I do like that genre, but I particularly like this, and I think I've got a big crush on May. I think they were brilliant. The other thing this week I have, you know, after school snacks. It is always a constant tussle of they are famished. Audrey is famished when she comes home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're sir, right, pads, even when the kids come back. Now, so mine have obviously left home. But the first thing you want to come back is reached for the chrystal. Yes, still you drove here, can stop off and get your own bloody Chris groceries. Oh god, this house is turningcent We just have to assemble it yourself. Got met with the other day because you're an adult people to get your own.
Speaker 3: Snatch as a UNI student coming back to your parents' house.
Speaker 2: They've got a full fridge.
Speaker 1: You're so true.
Speaker 2: What's great is they really appreciate every minute, even so basic that first of thought they're taking the pace. Oh my god, this chicken is so good.
Speaker 1: My kids that don't eat their dinner, they come have and eat all the snacks. Yes, and then there's no bigger than we're eating it out. Put that down. And the other one was like, have some fruit, yes all the time. So what do you do. What do you do to?
Speaker 3: You know, we've started doing earlier dinner because she would just you know, go crazy and then wouldn't eat dinner. But I have found she's.
Speaker 1: So how early were we doing half five sitting?
Speaker 4: Yesterday?
Speaker 1: It was four? No, that's no no. My defense, in my defense, she had stage thirty.
Speaker 3: She had theater school last night, and so I had to leave the house by six. So I thought, you don't blame practical thing to do out of it, and I did a beautiful special fried rice and these pork buns about to tell you about. Yes for us, We've tried a few different brands, and these are so good. They're mister Chen's Hoisten pork buns. Why they are so GOODE is because they taste You steam them on.
Speaker 1: Top of the stove.
Speaker 3: You can microwave, but I prefer to steam. They taste exactly like they do off the Young char trolley, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, mister Chen, you're spoiling us. Pork bun is a pleasing word to say west there's a frequency to.
Speaker 3: It, but there's a brilliant They're on sale this week at Cole's Getting. I got about four packets the other day. If there's any.
Speaker 2: Left draw those killer shows she watches, Get Taste for Flesh.
Speaker 1: Christian Show podcast perats. What's the weather going to be that this weekend? Is it going to be good?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no, no, no, just lie to them.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't want me to be honest, It's gonna be fabulous. You're like spring is here, we might even say at times, it's just actually summer already, Like this is.
Speaker 1: Great, this is news. I love fake news weather.
Speaker 3: So she put it our washing, Get ready for that?
Speaker 1: Do the whole lot? All right?
Speaker 2: Double thumb's up for me? What are what have we all been enjoying this week? It's two movies, actually, and first one is a wholesome, joyous, deeply soul nourishing movie where it just makes you feel good about life. It's The Thursday Murder Club. These are mega best selling novels by actually a friend of mine, Richard Osborne.
Speaker 1: Richard's story is a lovely story.
Speaker 2: Richard was a really good but jobbing TV writer and producer and he was working on a TV show, a pilot for a TV show called Pointless, And there was a comedian Alexander Armstrong who was hosting it. And they tried out a lot of comedians to be a funny co host and hadn't found the right one, and quite a few times in run throughs, Richard, who was a producer on the show, would sit in for the comedian and then zand on one day said to.
Speaker 1: Richard a pub why don't you do it?
Speaker 2: You're the best person that we've had, because I don't want to be in front of the carricers. But that's actually a plus all these other comanis who are desperate to claw their way up out of stand up stages and small, tiny comedy clubs to be on primetime on BBC one. So Richard became a reluctant sidekick on TV. It went on to become one of the BBC's most successful quiz shows of the last ten years. Anyway, Richard was going through a bit of a thing and he wanted to just do something different to exercise his creative muscle, and starting to write a book.
Speaker 1: He had no public deal.
Speaker 2: He wrote it just fro himself about his mum was involved in some kind of retirement community and when he used to drive down and see her and all these people there that had led different lives that were retired detectives and all this, and they would talk about, you know, their lives and all this, and they still had all this knowledge and wisdom. He's starting the comming idea, what if they what if they solved unsolved crimes?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And so he just wrote a book to please himself for a year. Send it to his agent. Anyway, they've now sold millions of copies.
Speaker 1: Well, you know.
Speaker 2: And then it's a Netflix movie with Dame Helen, Mirren, Pierce Brosnan and Sir Being Kingsley and I watched it last weekend and we were like, I saw the trade. It was a bit you know that piano plinky punky music, bigger, you know the one there's a vicar on the bike sighting through.
Speaker 1: Said the bluebells are out, aren't they? Derek? And I'm like, I grew up with a lot of this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it's sad because the kids were like this, this seems so black, just because a lot of TV were watching the Excuse me, I thought it was all coming back up.
Speaker 4: It's about ready to get the bucket.
Speaker 1: It's good they already filled up. There were no empty buckets. It's all quite grim.
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff, and I watch it as well, and so actually you think this canna be boring?
Speaker 1: We watched it.
Speaker 2: It was so funny and the murder mystery in it is very well done, and it's great cast. I mean, you've got Piers Bros. And Dame Helen Mirren and Sir Ben Kingsley right now. Some of you won't realize he was a He won an oscar for playing Gandy. And so my daughter goes, who earse that guy? That guy, Sir Ben Kingsley played Gandy? And she went, but he isn't from India. And I never really thought about that, and I'm like, she googled the movie and she was like, but your nan was from India. She should have played Gandy or she wasn't an actress. And I said, look, I said, can we just father under it was a different time, no question that you not from an Indian mayor. I hadn't even thought about it until she brought it up with the right his side, with fresher eyes, to go, hey, he paid, he's English shape, he's a different well hopefully she wach is, hey, hey, Saturday replaces in Australia.
Speaker 1: I cannot recommend enough.
Speaker 2: I've not I've not read the books, okay, but I cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 1: I thoroughly. I just enjoyed it, we all did.
Speaker 2: It gave us a nice glow afterwards, and right now in the world, you can't need enough of that. The other thing that I would really recommend is a great movie was co written and as co stars Brett Goldstein. Brett Goldstein is and Ted Lasso. He's one of the writers on that. He played Captain Roy. He is now in this beautiful and romantic drama that he co wrote with one of one of the head writers with Charlie Brookt and Black Mirror.
Speaker 1: It is is brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's an hour and a half and it is one of the best romantic dramas and most natural. You know where the dialogue is so good you're like, oh, obviously improvised a lot of this. It is so good. It's set in the future, but it's set now.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So the cars are slightly different, they're not like hovering in the air, but it's clearly in the future. And there's now a company that will tell you who is your perfect match someone you've never met? Great, and it's that age old question what do you go with?
Speaker 1: Head or heart?
Speaker 2: It's an hour and a half. It is beautiful. I cannot It's my number one recommendation this weekend. It is called All of You. It is so good. Brett's great in it and his co Start Image and Boots as well. They're amazing. They're screen chemistry is so great. I cannot recommend it enough. It's great. That's it for me.
Speaker 1: It's called All of You on Apple TV. The Christian O'Connell show podcast