Speaker 1: I'd like to acknowledge the traditional owners on which this episode is being recorded, the combo marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life past you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. On today's episode, we are talking about the seven rules that have changed my life. So I've been doing a lot of self development at the moment, and I really I feel like I'm going to a new level. Guys, I don't know if you feel it too. We do, but I guess it's like, you know, I've been on my self development journey for like ten years now, and I truly believe like you go through certain stages and through certain seasons and phases and levels, and I feel like from the start of this year, I really have like locked into this new awareness with myself and really doing a lot of reflection in how I do things and how I show up. And also the big catalyst for that was having my baby girl, Ivy last year and struggling with being a new mum and really struggling with my whole identity around it, and I knew I kind of needed to shift and go to this next level really to support obviously her, but also my evolution in this new season of life, because yeah, it was really hard. And it's interesting because now having this little human, everything feels so much more important to do in regards to doing my own self development work, because it's kind of like when you get a little child, especially when they're toddlers, you find out how much they model you. Yes, And it's interesting because we were at the table the other day and Ivy was throwing her food and Tim's like, Ivy, don't for your food, and we were like, oh, why is she doing that? And then it's really funny because we have we lived next to a now reserve, we have little birdies. And then like literally the next moment, like Tim was like throwing food to the birds. And then I looked at him and I was like, well, this is why she's throwing food And me and him are like, oh, yeah, because we feed the birds all the time and we throw food to them. And then we're like, don't throw food, Ivy. And I'm like, well, she's just seeing what we do. And you know, monkey see, monkey do Yeah, And you really like when they're told that, You're like, wow, they are watching everything. And I remember having this beautiful aha moment at the start of the year where I thought, you know, if you're so like I led, I read this stat that in the first one to seven years of a child, they're core beliefs. That's when they're really like imprinted and the most strongest, and I thought, wow, I've got, you know, the next seven years to really help create Ivy. Have them like the best core beliefs. Yeah, and she's only gonna know those core beliefs if I have them, and I think I have amazing core beliefs, but it was really a moment where I was like, yeah, but also I can go upper level, yeah, and I can make sure I'm being so integral and really model these for Ivy. And that's when kind of this journey of creating the seven Rules of being your own Best Friend started and I started thinking about, Okay, well, how do I want Ivy to be? And then I noticed how much I wasn't doing simple things like having a beautiful internal dialogue instead of like being very passive aggressive like we say in the episode. So the seven rules that you're about to hear is what I created with my co lab with Naked Harvest. So I released my limited edition products which is white Swell Caramel is that right?
Speaker 2: White top Caramel Swell and men get passion Fruit pre Workout.
Speaker 1: Guys. I actually don't know what it's called because I just call it CARAMELK but like legally we got so yeah what a tea said, and then Mengo passion Fruit pre work Out, and then beautiful little accessories to go with it. And of course, if I'm going to do something with you know, anything, it's got to do with self development. So this collection launched with the seven Rules of Being Your Best Friend, and so you guys would have seen them on social media, but I thought it would be really cool to actually dive a bit deeper and really get into what these seven rules mean to me and also how you possibly could apply these to your life. I truly believe these rules are life changing, oh one hundred and they're so simple. But everyone who I've had the discussion about these rules too have those aha moments and are like, wow, yeah, if I really reflect, I can apply these to my life and really step it up or not? Can you restock? No, guys, this is the actual conversation I've been having twenty four seven of people being like, visually, you're not killing me, I know, but also you've got your bags, the teams all stocked up, We're ready to go. The NH kitchen stopped up, so funny. Ellie literally was like, Hey, can I take three bags because I need to ear my roommate once and I was like, yes, just for you, Ellie. So everyone is stocking up. But as we're recording like this intro, we I think let me actually check the units. Oh my god, guys, we literally have like less five hundred units. So this is like, this is the last call vibes when this episode goes out. If you have tried the protein pre Worker and you're like, yes, this is my flavor and you want to grab it for another month, this is the time grab it please, because it's not coming back. I've been begging. No it's not. Well, it's it's you know, it's one of the real absolutely, but the promises you make to yourself, and I feel such a new level of integrity with what I say this year. I don't know if you guys have noticed that too. So for example, I know in business, like a lot of people like it's the last time, and then you know, they bring it back. And I've definitely been guilty of doing that in n H Errancy obviously because it's like everybody wants it. You have so much demand and you want to give it to the community. But also for me now it's more about am I being integral with my words and what I say and how I how I be with my community too, So for sure, yeah, no she's not coming back, but look, we always do new fun stuff. But if you true, if you love her, this is the last time. But this is such a cool campaign to do with our end h products because it's really like bringing my two favorite things in the whole entire world like together in one campaign. I loved the campaign. It was so much fun. So guys, yeah, if you don't want to grab the flavors, makes you get on to them because they're about to sell out. Put links in the show notes. But I really hope you enjoy this dive deep into the seven rules of being your best Friend.
Speaker 2: But before you get into it, Jogy, what's to a weekly recommendation?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did I just pulle forget the recommendation. I'm actually reading a new book, are you, guys. I've been smacking out the books since doing like, no social media, no Netflix vibes, I have been smacking out the books. So new book i'm reading it is called The Breakthrough Experience. And what's it about. I'm actually only three chapters deep. It's about this guy. He's a chiropractor. I don't know what's the thing with chiropractice because Joe Dispenser is a chiropractice. The chiropracter they just fix a I love chiropractor. My chiropractor used to be really hot. I don't know why I had to say that, but anyway, So it's the Breakthrough Experience by doctor John F. DeMartini. I think could be pronouncing and yeah, I'm many a couple of chapters in, but it's like it's weird. It's like manifesting mindset. Heel your fucking life vibes. I love it, but it's really good. I'm very captivating, and you know, it's a lot about gratitude and getting clear on your goals, but he just he says it in a really different way that I haven't heard before. And it's just I guess when I read books now, it's like a lot of the stuff I already know because I've read that many books. But it's also like it's so good to re read stuff and reread ideas and be like, oh cool, he's talking about gratitude or manifesting, but he's saying it this way and how interesting.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it just doesn't hit till you read it a certain way.
Speaker 1: One hundred and ten percent. That's honestly why, Like you know, if you even think about the Rhysycle project, like that's a manifesting course. Yeah, And it's like there's thousands of manifesting course, but there's people who literally have the most life changing experience because it's me teaching that course. Yes, and I say it in a certain way, and maybe they are a similar archetype or you know, whatever it is, and it really hits them. It's like, that's what I really find is like when you find those people where you're like captivated, activated, captivated and activated and you just like it feels right and you're like, oh, wow, that's powerful. Really hold on to those because they're probably saying the stuff you've heard before, but they're saying it in a way that is like your brain's eating it up exactly. Sometimes it depends on the time too, Yeah, in your life. I think also this book it does feel a little bit high level in the way of I'm like, oh, I feel like I'm grasping and understanding this now, but maybe I wouldn't have at the start of my journey. Wow, that's interesting. So that's maybe I don't know. If you're a full beginner, I don't know if this would be the book for you. Might go a little bit over your head but not over your head, but just not be as impactful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what about you. Mine is an app called Open. So I've been trying to stay or like not stay off socials, but limit my time because I noticed that I was just doing a lot of mindless scrolling. And it's just one of those ones that like blocks the apps. But what I like about it is you can set zones of times and apps to block. So, for example, work obviously can't block socials because I have to go on them.
Speaker 1: I have to be in my life.
Speaker 2: I have to be on my socials or work. But so like from five pm, I go into like a log off thing and that's when my socials shut off. And then I can shut off all my entertainment apps at seven pm, which means like no Netflix, Disney Plus and all that's blocked from seven pm. So that's what I really like about the app, because I find a lot of those other blocking ones it just like makes you wait three seconds or whatever before you get into the app instead, but this one fully blocks it and you can't open it.
Speaker 1: So that's my recommendation. Oh my god, Yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I would recommend even if you don't want to download an app like that, but try not watching TV before bed. If that's a habit you currently have. Swap it out for something else.
Speaker 1: Love amazing.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the episode.
Speaker 1: Rule number one, shift your internal dialogue. So this rule really was like the catalyst for creating the whole seven rules, because the whole seven rules really came from a place and explained this at the NH event of I started doing a lot of internal work and I realized how fucked up my internal system was. Well, just like, mind' stop crazy For someone who has done so much self development, I was like, fuck, I'm running on mostly shame. You'll think I'm running on motivation, and it's shame. No, no, no, But I just notice in the way of I thought my internal dialogue and my internal story was fine and even like great, But then when I really looked at how I made decisions or how I spoke to myself internally, I was like, oh wait, no, this comes from a lot of stories of shame or guilt or being really hard on myself. And the whole reason why these seven rules were born was because I remember hearing a fact that children from the age one to seven is when they create their belief system. And I've heard that for years, but this really resonates now because of how I teach on core beliefs and how much a single belief from your childhood can really fuck you up or be the catalyst to you doing great things. So true. So it really made me think of like, holy shit, Okay, what beliefs am I giving Ivy? And I knew I was giving her a lot of great beliefs, But also I had to be very honest about what was happening internally, because what I remember was listening of like children don't like listen to what you say, they listen to how you model how you be, So it's just how you are, yeah, And it's like the beliefs are always going to show themselves. When I remember kind of discovering this and really unpacking and really thinking and diving deep, I realized my internal dialogue was like it was fine, but it did run a lot off this shame thing of It's like, it's not like my internal dialogue was like you're a shit human. Yeah, you're a piece of crap. But it was just like, well, Georgia, you should work more because you do have a big mortgage and you want it to be the sole provider. It's almost like passive. It's so passive as isn't it or like you know, yeah, you can eat that bit. Is it being healthy? You know? Yeah? And then I know exactly what you mean, like it's not bad, but if you if I would say it to anyone else, I would be embarrassed of how I spoke to them. So I was like, what, yeah, black, am I talking to myself like that? I feel like it's come a long way, but it was like it can do better. So rule number one, have an actual good look at your internal dialogue. And like the whole tagline is like if you wouldn't say it to your bestie, don't say it to yourself. And also even if I think of you know, like this morning, Brookie from NH was like, Hey, I woke up with a headache. I'm really not feeling well. I'm just gonna work from home. I might try and log in to do some stuff that I'm like, I'm not feeling good. And I was like, oh go babe, Like I hope you feel better. Don't worry about logging in. We've got it sorted. And it's like when we speak to others, like because generally if you're listening to this podcast, You're a great person. Yeah, And so like I really how I interact and talk to other people and just be with other people. It is like I'm over generous with wanting to be caring and loving for them. But it's like we never give that to ourselves. No, because if you woke up with a headache, you'd guild yourself and to go into work. Yeah, exactly, You'll be like, well, this is your fault because all the chocolate you wan't not me doing that yesterday. So it's just interesting of like clocking that and just being like, oh, okay, my internal dialogue is very passive, aggressive, and it's not very nice, and so let's just turn it up a notch of just being like a tiny bit nicer to ourselves and giving ourselves that compassion but also realizing and we'll get in this in some other rules of like internal dialogue of how you would speak to your bestie, because also like how I speak to my best friend. You know, she has a small business, she has babies. But also if I see an excuse, I'm gonna say like, but is that an excuse? Yeah, And I'm going to say it in a loving and caring, supportive way. So it doesn't just mean being overly nice and just like it's letting everything slide, letting everything side, or anything like that. It's having a lot of self trust with yourself. But I just think this is a huge thing we can all think about and change just that tiny bit, because I guarantee you we're all fucking bitches to us.
Speaker 2: So internally, something that helped me with this is saying it out loud, Like if I'm thinking something, I look like a crazy person. I can tell you that, but I say it out loud, Like if I'm not gone to the gym, I say it out loud to myself what I'm thinking about why I'm not going to the gym, And I find it so much easier to process and distinguish excuses versus actual valid reasons of why I can't do something, And it's so much easier to like, I don't know why, but I find it easier to rationalize out loud because you're almost talking to another person and you can catch yourself.
Speaker 1: I love that so much because even see how I set out loud my thing and you're like, oh wow, that's passive aggressive. Yeah was in your head. You're like, oh, that's just normal. Yeah, it's just like in your head. And that's even like journaling. Often when I'm like feeling anxious or like overwhelmed or something, I journal because often when I put things on pages, I'm like, oh, that's a bit traumatic to order, you know, yeah, and you put it down. And so I love that of like even speaking it and being like, oh, just checking in. How am I speaking to myself? Yeah, so just something to check in. I think that's a great thing. A tear of like saying the thing or writing it down and noticing, like, would I actually speak this or say this to my best friend? What's the second rule? Keep the promises you make with yourself, my dear. It's what I'm working on this year. I love it. So guys. If you remember the podcast I told you guys about that book called Infinite Self, Wait fifty five Steps to Your Infinite Self. I believe I think it was thirty three. Ah fuck, then Age Talk guys had fifty Anyway, I think it's thirty three. It's s thirty. It is step It's by Stuart Wild And one of the steps he said, this was so profound to me in the moment, and he said make your word law, meaning what you say to yourself, you follow through, otherwise you don't say you're going to do the thing. And I loved this because he said if you're constantly saying things and then not following through, that is telling your own brain that you don't follow through. And so he's he's like, you're just going to end up in this cycle of not falling through because that's what we all do. And you don't want to be that person. It's like that fleaky friend. You're like they always fucking bail or like you just know what they're going to do.
Speaker 2: You'll make plans, but you'll make plans at the same time as the plans because you know it won't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like that's not the vibe. No, And I think just such a huge thing we can start doing. And even noticing the part in us that wants to make the promise and wants to say I'm going to go to gym seventeen times and I'm going to be this person and blah blah blah blah, and like where's that coming from? So true? Who are you saying that for? What are you saying that for? Even that's cooled to like look at that that yeah, and just even notice yourself of like wanting to like make these promises, but then taking it back to Okay, I have to be really sure and I have to follow through because this is going to be build self trust and this is going to help me become the person I want to become. Yeah, Because I think when you feel so solid yourself off, you know, if you're going to say something, you're going to do it. Like that's a pretty fucking incredible feeling. Absolutely, it's like unwavering. There'll just be no doubt because.
Speaker 2: You'll know that no matter what comes into your path, you will get it done.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think you know, even taking it back to the seven rules of being your own best friend, it's like you wouldn't tell your bestie Okay, i'll be in the morning, I'll meet you in the morning at seven am gym class that you know she doesn't want to go to alone too, and then just bail last minute, Like dog, you don't do that, and if you do, you're a dog. Yees, Like look, it's like if you can't help it, that's fine, You're not a dog. That's so true. So that's a big thing of like why do we do this to ourselves? And also my big thing too is like if you don't think you're gonna do it, just don't say it. That's exactly it. And that's why I said before, I like, notice that part of you that wants to say something even though you no, you're not going to follow through. Yeah, because that's like that's all ego, so true. So a big thing with this rule, what I wanted to start doing is simply that if you not, like, if you don't think or there's a possibility that you're going to bail or you're like not going to do the thing, just don't say it. And notice how many things come up.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting because that's something I started doing as well, is just being so mindful of what I commit to so that I can make my word law. And the other thing that I did on especially with things like Jim, is probably the easiest one for me, because that was something I was super flaky with with myself. Like it's like I'd never make plans with my friend and then bail a gym session, but if I made plans with myself, I would just not go. And interesting, so you almost held your you hold your friends above yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And when I decided to make my word law, if I said I'm going to gym, even if I really didn't feel like it, I would physically make myself go, even if it took me half now to get into my active word twenty minutes to get into the car. I'd go to the gym and I'd get on the treadmill or something and do fuck all. Yeah, I just physically get.
Speaker 1: There and then I'd go. But my word was a long yeah, no, no, But then how shout there? It's fine, it's great.
Speaker 2: Until I started fasting, obviously, but yeah, Like I was going three or four times a week by myself. And it even got to the point where my best friend, who I was going to gym with all the time, was like said to me, She's like, you're just going all the time, and I feel like, now I'm relying on you to go to gym.
Speaker 1: When you were relying on me. And I was like, yeah, but how cool is I feeling a good feeling? Like no, I just go for myself exactly.
Speaker 2: And when you build that habit, it's so much easier to make your word law in everything else.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. Rule three, turn up the volume of your inter wish am You guys know, my life change when I started trusting my intuition, And it honestly started with that very first step. Fuck it was a big one, but quitting my corporate job and like doing this thing where it's like, logically, it didn't make sense for me to leave law when I had nothing to go to and I had this great, shiny new law job after I had done a six year degree like literally got to the end finish, got the certificate could practice law, and I was like, see, yeah, like logically that makes zero sense. Yeah, but intuitively it made perfect sense to me. And it was probably the first time in my life that I ever trusted my intuition wholeheartedly, and it was the best decision I ever made. And it was such a moment for me to be like, oh no, I've got my own back, Like I've got my own back and I can do hard things and they It was also the first time ever I made like an a not logical choice because I'm a huge logic person. Yeah, and that was just yeah, that was such a catalyst for me. And then ever since then, I've been really working on strengthening my intuition, listening to my intuition, And I think it's like, you know, it's the whole thing of you know, when you just know something and then you don't listen to it and then it kind of bites you on the ass. Yeah, you're like wuck. And I think we all have those moments where we really just should have locked into our intuition and then even a tear what we were talking about the other day at the team lunch of every single one of you had these really beautiful moments of it didn't logically make sense, but then it made you step or lead into something where you're like wow, like you know this is my dream path? Yeah? Literally hmmm. And so that's why I think, oh, so many people don't listen to their intuition or just think it's like, well, I should always use my logical brain, I should be quote unquote smart, and how much that's all fucking us up? Well, I also feel like listening to your intuition.
Speaker 2: I did, and I feel like other people might maybe even have rose colored glasses of what it'll feel like listening to your intuition, Like it's gonna feel easy and great and everything's gonna be happy and fall into place straight away. Listening to your intuition is hard. Can we actually speak on this. I'm so glad you brought this up. I'm trying to remember what was the decision I made the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh, I actually can't tell you the details. I can't tell Yeah, I just not appropriate. But I had to make a really hard decision, and it was that it was an intuitive decision. Logically, I'm like, I can't do the logical side. I've got to trust. But it's not like because often even and I'm going to contradict myself, yeah, even on this podcast, I'm like, it's gonna feel like flowy in a line, but it's like it actually didn't feel good the whole time. Literally, Now I'm like, yeah, it feels good, but it's like during the actual decision making, I'm like fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, and it feels hard. And I remember plugging to my coach about this and her saying, like it does, like it doesn't always have to feel good. But then this gets to be the part where you strengthen this side of yourself, yes, where you lock in and you're like, every decision doesn't have to feel easy and flowy. It actually gets to be hard, but still be in the direction I want to go. Because also, if you think about it, it's like, if you want something different, you've got to fucking move different exactly. So it's like if you just say, if you're just in that zone of like I'm just gonna pick the thing that's like most comfortable, you're always going to be comfortable. Yes, And I feel like some people might start listening to the intuition, feel things getting hard, and then go, oh, I must have made the wrong decision. I need to turn around and go back and do a three sixty. Oh go that, No, don't, just you gotta like fight through the mud, because to my intuison was one of the hardest things I've ever did. Yeah, many meltdowns like melt down. I'd love to see it here. In a meltdown. It's pretty entertaining. When you start trusting your intuition, life does change, but it's not always going to feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that, really, remember that if you take anything from this.
Speaker 1: Episode, Gosh You're funny rule for stay true to your boundaries. Oh sounds hard. It's also hard. They were all a bit hard, are they? Again, this is something I've really been delving into, and I think it's like, let's just be fucking honest. If you're not respecting your own boundaries, how do you expect anyone else to respect your boundaries? Yep. If you're that friend who's getting walked over, who's not getting treated right, I would really be looking internally what's happening with your boundaries because I really guarantee people only treat you in a way, not that you let them, but it's like, let's just say it this way, and I'm just gonna be really fucking honest with you. There's certain people where it's like I know their boundaries and it's like I don't fuck with them, yeah. And then there's other people where I know I can kind of fuck with them, like let's just be really honest. Yeah, And it's like and I like, I'm not saying each one is like right or wrong, but it's like that's the energetic of what boundaries are. Yes. So, if you're someone where you're feeling resentment towards other people, you're feeling like you're getting walked over, you feel like you're not getting treated right, you feel like you're putting more into the relationship than they are. Yeah, I think you gotta look at your boundaries and tided them up, tidy them up, clean them up, because there's probably some leaky boundaries happening there. Yeah, and you kind of you don't know how to put them in and how to be because trust me, like energetically I can feel if someone's got strong boundaries, like I'm not fucking with them. No, it's just like you're just like that's how it is. You work around it. And that's even a thing like that's I guarantee you in your life you'll have people who you just don't fuck with. You're like, oh no, I'm not going there exactly. I guarantee they have the strongest boundaries or just certain boundaries. So true. So that's what I want you guys to think about. And I think, like even from the perspective of getting really fucking honest with yourself and being like, where am I actually feeling really drained or really not good? And where do I need to tighten up my boundaries, whether that's having more time for myself, for my family, for my hobbies, this and that. So I can feel a certain way because for instance, I think a lot of people. They can get in this victim mentality of like I feel a certain way and poor me, and then not taking the action of like okay, well where you actually, you know, spending your time? Where are you actually not putting in things for yourself? And I think a big thing is like being okay with that, and I like going back to seven rules of being your own best friend. It's if your best friend is like, hey, I need the weekend, I need some chill time, I need time to myself. I'm not going to be like no, you must be you must say that with me, You're like cool, amazing. So it's like why don't we do that to ourselves, especially if we're feeling drained, but also in other avenues of like if someone speaks to you in a way that doesn't feel you know, great to your appropriate have that conversation where you say, hey, that didn't feel good when that you spoke to me like that? Moving forward? Can you not speak to me like that? Yes? So simple, so simple. Yeah, we don't say it, And then in our head we're like, can't believe she spoke to me like that? How dash she? But also I'm not gonna say anything to her, they were just upset. Literally, So boundaries is such a huge thing and it's also like what you allow will continue.
Speaker 2: And I think something that helped me with boundaries is if you ever set a boundary and it triggers someone, it's either a because they want to set the same boundary for themselves and they haven't, yes, or B they were abusing your lack of boundaries yeah, and you don't yeah, and you don't want them around. So if someone's a bit triggered, let them be triggered, Let them work through it at their own pace, and they can come back when they're ready. But they'll know that your boundary is firm and that's what's best for you.
Speaker 1: That what's the next rule? Rule number five is dish out the compliments. She's simple, She's simple this one. She's self explanatory. Again. What I want you guys to do with this is literally, if you're not driving, go somewhere where there's a mirror, look at yourself, look at yourself in like little black bits of your eyes, really look dead set at yourself, and tell yourself a compliment that you mean can be. It doesn't have to be saying about your physical appearance. It can be something about whatever you like about yourself. But I just think so often we give out so many compliments to other people, and we constantly lift others up, but we rarely do it to ourselves. And it's just like this whole concept of like, oh my god, imagine if I treated myself, you know, as well as I do the people around me. So true, I will work on it. Will update number six, Know your priorities. I love this one too. I love this one so much. And this I feel like this really came about since doing the seven day Clarity course at the start of the year and really being like, fuck, what's actually important to me? Yeah, because it's it's so interesting because we make, like, you know, at the start of the year, we make goals and we make vision boards, and usually like they're very aspirational and they're very like career driven and very subjective and very specific to something we want to push forward, usually like Korea or something health related. Yeah, but rarely do we like make them fit everything and really understand what's important to us from a level of for example, knowing that you need a loan time, Yeah, like you don't make goals around that to you, but that might be a priority for you to thrive and be happy. That's so true. And that's yeah. When I did the do it for the future self course, I remember being like profounded in the way of oh my god, like I've got these semon buckets and I know they're all empty like except for it oken career, but like make goals for like two of them. Yeah, So that's like another big thing too, have like know what actually fills you up. And of course you don't have to do the do it for your future self cause you can just like understand of what in life fills you up, not just like the aspirational of like make a million dollars or like becom a whatever in your career. Yeah, those sorts of things. Is like knowing your priorities of I actually really thrive when I have a lone time, or I actually really love you know blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah exactly, And I loved it, and I love to do it for your future self course for that reason because it's like, in for lack of a better example, say your goal is to go to Europe that year and have bousion euro summer, right that that will obviously have shommy, go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we all gone ready?
Speaker 2: My back's back is like that'll have some financial goal attached to it, but something that fills your cup and a bucket of yours is maybe going to live music events, because that's just something that really fills you up. And you have one hundred dollars to spend that week and you can save it for your trip as bonus money on your trip, you can spend it on a concert ticket, or you can buy yourself an outfit for something, and actually going, oh, it's so fine for me to guilt free spend this money on this concert because that's my bucket and that's something that fills me up and I've already hit other goals for my financial goal. Or go, oh, I have one hundred dollars, do I want to spend it on a ticket or do I want to spend it towards my savings for my trip and actually evaluate what would fill me up more now and for the whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's the thing is also it's like no one's gonna know that answer, accept you. Yeah, But even having a process where you know yourself, you know what your goals are, what you're clear on what fills you up and then having that kind of logical process of like, cool, I actually get to pick because I think so many people they're just like they're not.
Speaker 2: Clear, no, and then they feel guilt if they do something yes, maybe not aligned with their big goals, and but that then could be filling up your other four buckets that you've not made goals for.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, love our bucket. Yeah, love this for us. That's a good bucket, all right, guys. The last rule, give yourself permission to go after it. I love this room, I love them all. I love this one. But I think I said that a tear wanted to create a whole course on that I did. I was like, maybe just an episode.
Speaker 2: If you want to cause slide into Dotty's DMS and tell her.
Speaker 1: That I was right. I'm kidding. I love this rule so much because again I think and even tell me how you are a tea. But with my friends, I'm like, yes, go after it, do the thing like my best friends. He was in this midst of like, should she hire someone because she's got a small beers? She the first person? Should you hire someone? I'm like, hi, someone do it? So like, oh, my God, do the thing. And then when it comes to ourselves, we're like, should we do it? I don't know. We call everyone, we're like, what's gonna happen? And it's like, imagine if you gave that energy that you give to other people who you want to see succeed, who you're proud of, who you believe in, to yourself. I'm like, no, I get to just go and do.
Speaker 2: The thing, even the self assurance that you know they'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yes. Like, one of my best friends was a bit nervous to apply for a job and I'm like, what do you I'm like, this job is yours. Like it's literally got your name on it. This ad was put out with your name on it.
Speaker 2: Don't be silly. But vice versa. I get anxious. I'm like, maybe I'm not good enough, maybe this, maybe that. But to other people, you're like, of.
Speaker 1: Course it's in the bag. We are limiting ourselves so much. Yeah, because also, what's the worst thing that can happen? You go after it, you fail, and you're trying back where you are right now. Great, and you're back where you are right now. Oh And I love this because the sentence that we touched. This rule was if you don't risk failure, you'll never have the chance to succeed. And it's like, gals, just go do the thing. I love that. I love that phrase, follow all the rules and then go do the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have any tips on how people can maybe reframe their concept of failure?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's exactly what you just said then is like, Okay, what happens. I go try and do the thing, the thing doesn't work out, and I'm just back where I am now. Yeah, so it's like the worst thing that can happen is I'm back where I am? Now? What am I worried about it? But literally, yeah, like, oh that's interesting. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Another way that I love to look at it, and I actually heard it from an interview events Sheering is where he said, when you're getting really good at something or you're taking risks, you're in inevitably gonna have mistakes, You're gonna be bad at things, or you're gonna maybe have an off day. And the example he gave was like songwriting and performing, You're gonna write bad songs, but great, the shit's out of you. Keep going and it's almost like everyone has shit inside them that has to come out. You're gonna have bad days, You're gonna make mistakes, but better out than in.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got shit inside them recon No.
Speaker 2: I love that because it's like, even if it's not as bad as you probably think it is, you're gonna have an off day, and but don't beat yourself up about it. Just go oh great, Like that day's over. Now I get to have all the good ones.
Speaker 1: And also like just who fucking cares me? Like the amount of weight. We're like, oh but this person will think this and this will happen, and blah blah blah. It's like no one cares. They're probably not even looking. No one literally no one cares. Mark, you know, just go do the thing, all right, guys. I hope you enjoyed this. We fucking obviously love these yeah and rules, and again we're like I have been living by these, I swear by them. They're incredible. I feel like we can all make some audits and changes from this episode, and I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.