Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Rate Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts.
Speaker 2: This is the podcast for ordinary.
Speaker 1: People who want to do extraordinary things.
Speaker 2: I think now especially with women having you know, people to look to and stories to hear about, it's so nice to see that you can truly do whatever you want. Yeah, whatever you put your mind to, you really have endless opportunity.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum and all the things. So you guys may have noticed, but I'm off the Gram this week because I've got a lot.
Speaker 2: Happening in the background.
Speaker 1: We are finally doing our move And I actually had a girlfriend who took a week off social media and she said it was just the best for her mental health.
Speaker 2: And to like.
Speaker 1: Regroup, and so I thought, why not take a week off social media, get the house sorted, and then come back refreshed for you guys. So, guys, I've got to replay episode for you. I am interviewed by none other than Rachel Dylon.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: We are so obsessed with her. She is just ultimate fitness gal, ultimate girl boss, all the vibes, all of them, all the vibes. Me and Tear are obsessed and she's got her MWU podcasts move with us podcasts. So in the chat, we talk about setting boundaries, we talk about manifesting of course because I'm involved, and we also talk about breaking down, limiting beliefs and so much. And it was just such a lovely chat. I wanted to repurpose it here for you guys to hear. If you haven't, make sure you go and follow Rachel. You probably already are shy.
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't have.
Speaker 1: To shout her out, but if you're not, I love her because she's fitness and health, but it's still relatable. It doesn't feel intimidating, you know, She's still such a relatable gal. Hey, Tia absolutely and I love that she doesn't. It's not like she has all day to work out because her workouts.
Speaker 2: The ones she shares on Instagram are super easy to follow and very quick. Yes, oh guys, I actually did her. I think it was called a Busy Girl Challenge Busy gal oh, the Busy Girl workout.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually bought and did her Busy Girl Challenge, which on her app they just give you like thirty minute workouts and that's what I did when I first got back into the gym postpartum, just because I don't know, a workout more than thirty minutes was just a bit intimidating for me, and I wanted to like get back into it. And obviously I am a busy Galt and so I loved that. So yeah, you're so right, a tr She's very relatable all her content. It's just also, I guess sometimes I find fitness content to just be a bit hardcore and a bit like in your face, and I just feel like she does all or nothing, all or nothing, and she's just.
Speaker 2: Not like that.
Speaker 1: So you guys are gonna love her. You're going to love this chat. Let's get straight into it.
Speaker 2: Tell everyone a little bit about you how you started health and fitness, how you started your businesses, and how pretty much you're just the boss ass bitch.
Speaker 1: You on all right, do you have all day? Because it's a long storry.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So health journey really started. I feel like it's the very typical every girl my age, where I you know, left high school, started university, started the whole turning eighteen, drinking, partying, putting on a bit of weight, just getting older, really getting into a woman's body, and turned around one day was like, oh my god, I need to lose weight. Then it started, you know, a whole heap of diets and vicious cycles of.
Speaker 2: Losing weight and putting it back.
Speaker 1: On all those fun things. So my health journey really started off probably a bit toxic. And you know, this is ten years ago, so that's like right where it was like diet culture. Oh yeah, yeah, So that started, and then I had to go through the whole journey of healing my body, healing my body image, just getting back to the basics and just getting into a better relationship with myself and my body. And I feel like I've you know, come full circle and feel really good with that. And then that's what has so I definitely used to be a lot more into the health and fitness with my influencing and on Instagram and YouTube, Like I remember I had a whole series on like wedgshed Like I know, I'm cringing now, but that was definitely my vibe. And I remember on Instagram when my account really kind of like blew up Ale got bigger, was a before and after photo. Yeah, when that was all the craze and it would, you know, go viral and whatnot. So that's really how I started and how I got into health and fitness, and then my love for health and fitness really started when I had to go through this whole journey of unlearning a lot of things.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, isn't it crazy how much relearning, unlearning and relearning we have to train ourselves into doing all because of well, I would say, very much like lack of education. But in saying that, lack of information, Like ten years ago, there was nothing around we saw, you know, we were marketed in a certain way, a certain way. You know, you go the shops and lofat low Car blows that our moms were always dieting, Like yes, it was just diet culture was such a big thing, and it was constantly like what we were sort of yeah, like and we just rounded.
Speaker 1: We didn't have the knowledge that that was diet culture. No, you know, I mean like we had we had no awareness about it. And obviously we've come such a long way and thank god, Yeah, wouldn't have survived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how we did for so long. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I guess that relationship of really wanting to get into health for better reasons, the right reasons is then shaped me into start Naked Harvest, and you know, going on that journey. And then I also have a background of I did a law degree, I worked in family law. Realized it wasn't my vibe or actually it was completely my vibe, but realize, I guess I wanted to do something with a bit more purpose that really like lit me up.
Speaker 2: And so I had this you know.
Speaker 1: Big crossroads of like do I quit my corporate job and go off and do this influencing And then that all led to starting Naked Harvest. And then as you said, I've got my podcast because a huge, huge thing I realized is as women, I feel like we don't have the you know, go after what you want take a risk, start a business.
Speaker 2: I just that was never instilled in me one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And that's something that I'm just huge on educating other women and advocating for and so that's when the personal development side of my business started. And so I also do that, and I've got a manifest in course and like you said, a little baby id.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you lot's going on busy. It's funny you say that because Emma was actually in a very similar situation. She had got her law degree and had practiced for quite a few years. So she worked with my dad. He has his own law firm, and you know, she got to a stage where I was sort of doing what I was doing, and she was so passionate about health and fitness, and I was like, you know, at this stage, we weren't really online, and I was like, you just just leave your job and do what you love. And it was it was such a big decision for her, but again, she didn't really have anyone to look at or to look to for that advice. It was sort of like, Okay, I'm going to do this and just make the most of it. But I think a lot of people they don't take that risk because you know it's scary.
Speaker 1: But isn't it funny that you said that was such a big decision, whereas like when you look at you know, I guess it's getting quite cheesy, but like, you only have one life. Would you rather do it? You know, doing something you love or just trying it seeing what fins or sticking to the safe option. And it's really sad because I feel like what society really implements on us is no safe option. Don't take the risks, don't do anything crazy.
Speaker 2: Finish school, go to university like my box. Yeah so doctor teacher or lawyer. That was sort of like the main thing. Uh yeah, very much. So you know, people weren't changing jobs ten years ago. It wasn't like normal to go to and from different jobs and to find your passion. It was like peak one job work and work is work and then you have your life instead of being like, well how can I still live doing what I enjoy?
Speaker 1: And I think it's also because like, for example, my parents come from a background where they really came from nothing. They you know, migrated from England and really started with nothing and had to really build their way up. So my parents have a plumbing business. So it was very much hard work and you don't.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your job.
Speaker 1: You're working for money, and we're not out here to go find ourselves or be creative. It's let's work for money, let's provide for our families, and that's all that matters. So and I feel like so many people had that background too, and that belief. So when you had that in, you know, really instilled and you it is hard to venture out. It is hard to take a risk, and it is hard to even have enough belief in yourself that that is possible.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not encouraged. So even my parents, who I would say are the most uplifting, beautiful people, you know, did everything to give us every opportunity they could. I told my dad I was at university at the time. I said I want to become a personal trainer and he was like no, So.
Speaker 1: To say, how did that go down?
Speaker 2: He's like, no, that's not a real job, like you need to go to university and this and that, and I was like, yeah, I want to be a personal trainer. So at the time, my partner he actually bought me my PT courses and I sort of did them on the side and then I started building, you know, a personal training business. And I remember my dad would always say to me, okay, yes, but what about in two years time is this still going to be around? Is this still a thing? Are you looking ahead? What about six months time? What about this anyway? Now? He claims he never said it, but I love it. He definitely said it, and so as I like, you know, your parents want the best for you. So and I understand that. You know, back then it wasn't normally you went to university and you got education. And I still did do that, but I really wish i'd followed my passion two years four years prior, you know, I didn't probably need to go to university. So I think now, especially with women having you know, people to look to and stories to hear about, it's so nice to see that you can truly do whatever you want, whatever you put your mind to, you really have endless opportunity. I love that.
Speaker 1: And like you said, it's you almost just need a story of opportunity. And like like you said, like I very much remembered the day that I sat my parents down. So this is after five years of university, one year of doing my pelt, which is yeah, it's like going for the bar and also three years of like working this law firm, working you know, my way up to a great position and sitting them down and being like, hey, so I'm not actually going to do laws actually, could you like imagine my parents are like, yeah, my dad was just like having a conniption.
Speaker 2: But they didn't understand it either. They're like what is this?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what is this thing?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: And so it's wild. But that's why I'm such a huge advocate because I think it's like, you know, the whole thing of like the four minute mile, where it's like before no one could do a mile and four minutes or I can't. Actually I don't actually know if that's the fact or whatever. Bit yeah I understand, you know what I mean. And then someone broke it, and then all these people started breaking it. It's because they just needed to see someone do it and then you know they could go and do it. And so that's why, Yeah, so big on you know, helping other women just see their potential, because you do, you just you fall into, you know, beliefs that I can't do that. Oh she's special, you know, she's had this, she's had that.
Speaker 2: Don't you remember. So back in the day when I people inspired me, I remember I'd always say to myself, Oh, but it must have just been the right time. She was lucky, she was this, she was that anyway. And then I started to put in the work and you know, follow the process, and I was like, Yep, no, she was not lucky. She's worked really really hard to be there. And I think that, Like it's funny. Actually put some up on Instagram the other day and it was sort of like what people, you know, potentially perceive of you, and people like, oh, you've had it easy, your business is are effortless this and that. I'm just like, Oh, if only you knew guys like and as you would know yourself, It's so far from the truth. You know, running businesses is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life.
Speaker 1: And also, like to put that in perspective, there are so many influencers who have started businesses and failed, who have the same audience, who have you know, that sort of thing, So one hundred percent I cannot stand that. And also something that I chat about because a lot of people when we talk about like you know, launching Naked Harvest and the success of that, and they're like, oh, yeah, but you launched off having an audience, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, but that audience took eight years to build.
Speaker 1: That audience took eight years of posting day after day feet content, being authentic, you know, curating, building trust. Yeah, exactly, and while working full time, while I'm doing a degree. I know, it's not like it doesn't make sense instantly, but it all adds up.
Speaker 2: And also even when you launch, it's still then the education around it. It's not like every single people think like every single follower of yours has just gone and bought Naked Harvest. That's just that's just not how I wish. So it's like, yeah, everything is a process, and there's so much that you put into things, I guess behind the scenes that you know, people don't see. And I guess it's important for us to talk about those things and to bring them to life, because you know, the last thing I ever want people to think is that things are effortless, because I can tell you right now, nothing worth it is ever effortless. And yeah, businesses in themselves are just such complex, such complex things, aren't they.
Speaker 1: And I think also like it can be. It can feel, it can feel effortless while you're putting in hard work. Yeah, for example, I would one hundred percent pick doing what I do over anything because of how much love and purpose I had for it, have for it.
Speaker 2: But it's still hard work.
Speaker 1: But because I believe I'm in alignment and I'm truly living out my purpose in life, it does feel easy in a way, but like you said, it's still day in, day out, you know, habits, it's hard work. It's putting in that effort.
Speaker 2: So it's like you don't want to get it twisted in that way. Oh no, not at all. And you know, often I feel like, well, my biggest learnings aren't even really in Like I love product, I love brand, I love all of that sort of stuff, the front end stuff. I think, Nelly, it's harder as you start to build out a business. You need to learn all these new skills that I was never taught, like people, management, processors, systems, you know, onboarding, like all these things that I was like, oh wow, Like I just love creating workouts and you know, activewear. So for me, like it was, you know, you're sort of forced into these areas of like you know, not knowing and they're definitely probably would have been my biggest challenges within business and learning you know, how to how to be a leader, yeah, how to manage people correctly. Yeah, and also yeah, make sure your team's happy, you know, like, which is super important.
Speaker 1: And also I guess a big thing for me, like just piggybacking off that is also learning when to bring in help. Oh yeah, Like I think a lot of people, like, for example, from the start with Naked Harvest, we had help even though we weren't making money. For me, it was like I believed in, you know, the mission so much. But I think a lot of people won't almost risk it because they're like they're told, oh, you shouldn't hire until you're making money, or you shouldn't do this until that bit. For example, knowing when your zoner genius like isn't the job and you need help and getting that help before it gets to a shit show was also so important.
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent. And I guess also yeah, like I know, through our hiring process, I've like there's been a lot of success and there's been a lot of learning. You know, I never liked let's see, Yeah, let's use that word learning. Yeah, it's a lesson. Yeah, it's been. It's been a fun journey. But talk to me more about I guess you know you're now a mum, you run two businesses. How you know, how are you managing all of that? And we have briefly chatted about this off off Mike and I think it's amazing. But yeah, talk to us about this new chapter of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, First of all, being a mom.
Speaker 2: As wild I can imagine. Yeah, I'm a mom and I feel like dressful enough.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I had two fur babies before IV. It was weird how I just said that. But anyway, you know what I mean, very much new chapter of my life. It's definitely being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done. Like, I know, everyone says that, and everyone's like kids change your life and you're like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yah, hyeah, oh my god, they do. It's like it's so wild. It has been such a transformation and adventure.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 1: I fucking love it.
Speaker 2: Can I swear in this podcast? Yeah? Cool? I love it.
Speaker 1: And it's been first of all, like much like Emma, it's just been a bit of a process to get here.
Speaker 2: So to us briefly about that too. Yeah, so me and my partner, and I think also growing up, like you're kind of told, you know, make do you wear protection because have sex ones and you'll get pregnant. It's just like you grow up, you have sex and you have a baby. Yeah no, wait, you get married, you have sex and you have a baby. That's the no sex before marriage. Come oh no. And if you don't wear a condom, you're pregnant, like it's instantly.
Speaker 1: Pregnant and that, and so you spend most of your twenties trying not to get pregnant and you know, making sure. And so when you do want to get pregnant, you literally think, okay, first month, you know it's going to happen. And so they do say, you know, three to six months.
Speaker 2: But I was like, first months come up. Every time you have sex, it is like me done another baby, And look that wasn't that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: And so me and my partner, you know, we're trying for around a year. And also I'm a super proactive and like very much I don't a bit of a control for clearly, and I don't like wait for things. So literally kind of got to the third month and I was like, whoa, whoa, WHOA, what's happening here? And I went to the doctors. I started getting test done, and basically I found out my health wasn't where it should be. And so honestly, it was a blessing disguise because I found out I had hashimotos and all these issues, which eventually led me to getting my implants out because they were making me unwell, and.
Speaker 2: Then I also had a miscarriage.
Speaker 1: Basically, with the miscarriage, it was really weird because I had literally just left my endocrinologist, which is like a hormone doctor, and she had just told me we'd been trying for like eight months at this point, and she just had told me I was infertile because my hormones were so out of whack because basically my body was attacking my implants and giving me like mimicking an autoimmune disease called hashimotos, So my actual levels of hormones, like she said to me, you could not maintain a pregnancy, and it's actually really dangerous if you were to get pregnant.
Speaker 2: So no joker.
Speaker 1: I left that appointment and then found out I was pregnant a week later, and so when I found out, I was like, oh my god, like miracle, baby, this is meant to be. They straight away put me on like thyroid medication because they were like, holy shit, this is not good. But also let's just see what happens. And sadly, I had a miscarriage because my body just couldn't maintain the pregnancy. But looking back again, I'm such a big believer in like universe surrendering or meant to be, because then I booked in to get my implants out.
Speaker 2: I got my implants back. I remember following this, my health instantly got better.
Speaker 1: The disease I was diagnosed with, Hashimotos, is like one you can't cure, but it was so basically the doctors realized that I didn't actually have hashimotos. My implants were mimicking this disease. If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So yeah, the long story shot, because it's a big one.
Speaker 1: Six months later, I got pregnant with Ivy. I was able to like heal a lot in that six months and get my health to a point where I could maintain a pregnancy, because oh my god, pregnancy is like so hard on your body. I couldn't imagine doing it previously because I just had so many health issues before.
Speaker 2: You like obviously try and having a baby. Were you aware of anything that was different or yeah, so and this is the thing.
Speaker 1: So with breast implant illness, I feel like the symptoms really slowly creep on. It's not like one day I woke up and I was like, holy shit, I feel like crap. It's like for years I had had been feeling these sentence, but the symptoms are like fatigue, Like you know, I had gone to a million doctors too, and everyone just said, you work too hard. You know, you're running two businesses, You're doing a lot, you need to take a holiday. So all my symptoms were very much related to my adrenals, like failing, if that makes sense, like fatigue. So I had fatigue, I had like hair loss, body aches, feeling cold all the time, skin dryness, just not feeling good, which is really hard to pinpoint because a lot of those symptoms are related to so many other things. So no one could really figure it out until and like my thyroid was a little bit off, but like the doctor wasn't too concerned and he didn't refer me to an endocrinologist, which looking back, he published of anyway, So I had a lot of those symptoms. So but in saying that, I had dealt with those symptoms for probably like three years, so I had almost learned to.
Speaker 2: Live with them. I was going to say, they've kind of felt like the normal.
Speaker 1: As I say, and that's what life felt like. I thought it was quite normal to feel that way, but now how I feel, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so do you just made the decision yourself, Like no one encouraged you to do it or.
Speaker 1: To get my implants out? So I had I was telling people on Instagram how I was feeling, what was going on, and I had a lot of people message me to say to look into it. So then I started looking into it. I got on the Facebook page. There's this whole website, and then I spoke to my endocrinologists. And even though like a lot of doctors are like they can't yeah, yeah, she's like, I can't tell you exactly, but I can tell your body is attacking itself. And because usually hashimotos runs in your family and like no one in my family has it, so there was she's just like, I think you have Hashi motives, but it kind of doesn't make sense, but you know, this could be it, and the way that I felt and with my infertility, I was like, you know, if this was to help even ten percent, it would be worth it, just because of how I was feeling. So and also by that stage too, I had my implants for eight years, Like I got my implants when I was like twenty one, where it was like all the craze to do it and I wanted to look a certain way, and I feel like I've really come such a long way with how I look does not define me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, how did you feel getting them out? Amazing?
Speaker 1: And also now like I love, you know, my kitty bitties, Like I'm not interested in looking a certain way or in no way does it do I identify, you know, with that image. So really it was quite liberating to be fully myself, to feel fully like this is Georgie in all her raw glory, and I fucking love it. So it was such a beautiful kind of like journey. Obviously at the time it was like quite horrific and not great, and I felt very like lost, and you know, everything was happening, but now I can look back with hindsight and go, wow, my, you know, infertility led me to realizing this health issue, realizing to get my implants out. I now feel so much better, and then of course led to Ivy girl, which is she's my life.
Speaker 2: So it all worked out, it did, and so you know, it's been how old tving now?
Speaker 1: Five months?
Speaker 2: I know she's still so tiny? Is she a tiny baby? No, she's so big. Oh, I feel like she looks tiny.
Speaker 1: She's like to put this in perspective, I'm like, you know, I'm sure as look you're looking at me. So I'm a shorty and my husband is like not that tall and she was in like the ninety nine percentile for height. Oh my god, she came out got a model.
Speaker 2: I know, she has long limbs and long hands and but yeah, she's really really cute and she's like so chubby and just like a little muffin. So delicious, Yeah, so delicious. And so you're back at work already, So five months after having a baby and you're back doing your thing. So how how's that working for you? And how do you manage that? Yeah, so let's chat about that, because I feel like there's so much stigma and around going back to work when you have a baby, and like judgment and also saying that you love it. Yeah, yeah, because it's not allowed to have a love for more than you know your child, which.
Speaker 1: Isn't exactly and because I think, you know, I come from a background where I have three other siblings and my mum was a stay at home mum and literally like the best most maternal person ever.
Speaker 2: I was like, how am I ever going to be?
Speaker 1: Like, literally, I cannot beat you. And so I come from that background where it's like, you know, dad went out and worked, mom stayed home, very that sort of vibe. So in our relationship, I literally from I remember when I wanted to do law and I've been with my partner for over ten years and we met. Yeah, so we met when I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: Oh high school steathearts, No Oh. I met him like just after just after I had just like finished schoolies and then we started talking talking shotting on what emsn.
Speaker 1: It was Facebook.
Speaker 2: Facebook was around, yeah, And so we've been to other ten years and I actually remember saying to him when I was seventeen, look, I'm going to do my law degree.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be principal by the time I'm like, you know, thirty, So if you want kids, you have to look after them.
Speaker 2: I remember saying that you put it she and he down straight saw and he goes sounds good to me, Like he was like, can't wait, can't wait to be a stay with her dad.
Speaker 1: He's very maternal and like the most loving human. So from the start we had like I probably said that more in a joking way, but I set that boundary from the start because I always knew I wouldn't just be a stay at home mom, which honestly, now that I've had a child, moms are probably oh yeah, like superheroes. Anyone who like stay at home moms. I just can't.
Speaker 2: It's the most underrated job. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just remember two weeks after having Ivan calling my mum crying, being like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was a horrible child and you are God's gift to earth the appreciation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I always had the plan. So obviously since I found out I was pregnant, we always had the plan of I would take three months fully off work, and we you know, really backtracked and worked hard, so you know, no one could call me and all the businesses could run and it could all be fine.
Speaker 2: So which is hard to do. So wow, especially when I literally gave birth around like Black Fridays.
Speaker 1: But no, oh my god, my team's amazing. So we were so prepped and everything was, you know, really in the work so I could have that time. And then yeah, so always been the plan with my partner that he would stay at home and I would go back to work.
Speaker 2: And to be completely honest, I started going back to work after two months. Wow. Yeah, so it was only like one or two days a week. But I just I love what I do. I literally love it. It lights me up.
Speaker 1: And I know you're probably like not supposed to say that as a new mum, but like I said, because there's stigma around it, But I love what I do.
Speaker 2: I love what I.
Speaker 1: Put out into you know, the universe. I love my community and that's very much a part of my identity and your purpose and my purpose and so you know. And also Ivy at that point, when she was two months old, she started sleeping through the night, so like me and Tim would literally be around the house like watching movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this is awesome. So and so Tim, Tim stays at home with her full time.
Speaker 1: I have gone back to work now three days a week, creeping up to four sometimes, and then when I'm not at work, I'm obviously spending all my time with her, and it works for us.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, and you're your best self when you're you know, doing what you love. You're like, you're the best mom to Ivy when you were, you know, your best self. So she's really getting the best of both worlds. And I think, you know, dads can go back to work and like that's not really question. Their love's never questioned, I know. So it's like, why interesting? Why is the mom's love question?
Speaker 1: So this is really interesting. Last night, someone commented on a video of me and Ivy where we were kissing and she was literally patching me, like whoa. And someone commented and said, I followed you forever and this is the happiest I've ever seen you. And I screenshot at posta Emma was like, like.
Speaker 2: This is literally so true. She literally completes me.
Speaker 1: I am not I always said I'm not a maternal person, but like now I just could not live without her. And it's like, obviously that's how you feel about a child, but yeah, you have one, and you're like, oh wow, this is what everyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: I know. I can definitely like, yeah, understand that, even like seeing my sister, like she's always like oh yeah, like you know when it happens, when it happens. But I just know like when that baby comes, she's gonna be like I see it, Brian, I'm like, oh my god, yeah just wait.
Speaker 1: You just wait, yeah and sorry, just go back to that. So I actually had someone comment on that and was like, yeah, but you've gone back to work and done like the eye imaging when the eyes like oh yeah, yeah, so basically saying, oh, you love your daughter so much, but you've gone back to work. And I just thought no one would ever question a father, oh no, who works, who provides for their family going back to work and go do you really love your baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, And I just think it's so sexist and like the bloody patriarchy.
Speaker 2: But also but also people I'm sure would have something to say about Tim being a stay at home dads like but why is that up? Not? Yeah, who made these rules that depending on your sex you have certain things that you know, like boxes, you should be placed in. And it's just like, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Such a huge I'm such a huge believer and such like a big advocate for like you know, like stop trying to fit yourself into a box. You get to decide what your beliefs are. You get to create your reality, like stop trying to fit in these arbitrary things. Because once you literally like don't do that anymore, and you decide what feels good for you going off, like you know your desires, how you want to live your life. It is so liberating. And when that person commented, I honestly just felt sorry for that person.
Speaker 2: I just have a reflection of that.
Speaker 1: You are so close minded and obviously if you have those beliefs, you would just have so limiting beliefs around your life. And it's just it's so sad to some people think like that.
Speaker 2: And is this sort of part of what you teach in your courses your manifesting courses? Yes, yeah, so very much. Do you want to get into it? Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: I was like, how do I Oh, my gosh, it's a whole big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's very much like a huge thing, you know, like when I market my courses, it's like, you know, this is a self development and manifesting course, and I can help you attract what you want be who you want to be. But such a huge thing of the course is really disarming. These beliefs that we have around our identity and who we think we have to be that are actually so limiting and they're not actual truths. They're just beliefs that we've got from childhood sum for so long.
Speaker 2: So it's like trying to like untrain and unlearn that is. Yeah, it's really difficult.
Speaker 1: Much like you said, with fitness and health, we had to literally reprogram ourselves from this diet culture you know, ten years ago to now be at like a balanced, happy place for the health. It is also the exact same with our beliefs around you know, really around yourself and what you believe you were worthy for. That's really honestly the CrOx of it, I guess. Also in regards to manifesting, I really kind of sometimes I don't even like using the term manifesting because I feel like some people like airy fairy.
Speaker 2: Oh so I'm just going to think of a million dollars and then have it.
Speaker 1: It's like, ah, it's not really how it works. But like, for example, let's get into like my method of manifestation, and obviously there's it goes so deeper, and this is like what I really like teach to get into.
Speaker 2: But like the first thing is.
Speaker 1: Like really getting clear on what you want to attract and what you want to be and who you want to be and how you want to feel, and that really coming from like a heart, you know, a space that is like not surface level, so not like so you can impress your neighbor or you know, impress your best friend or anything like that. But it's a confronting question, and so many people, so this is the first module in my course, and so many people are like I actually have no idea and have actually never asked myself or gone through anything like this because so often, like you said, we're told what you should you know, don't have to think pretty money, we're not taught in school. You're not taught to think. This is what you need to know, a tick off the boxes, and this is how you should be a good Samaritan, almost vibes. So the first thing with manifesting is like really getting clear and like I'm kind of saying with this person and how they feel about life is.
Speaker 2: What feels good for you.
Speaker 1: So from the stuff from when I was seventeen, I was so clear, I am not going to stay at home, mum. I want to continue in my career. I know my strength, I know my weaknesses. You know, Like that's not the best example, but like just understanding who you as a person, what makes you happy, what likes you lights you up? Again, so many people haven't really you know, Assetts, and also realizing that this isn't so much just in your career, because I'm such a big believer in people having careers that literally pay the bills and then having so much purpose outside. I don't think we can all just go off and you know, do our purpose. I think that's only for certain people where that is really aligned. But you've got to get clear on that. And so if you're sitting here and you're like, I've actually never really thought about that, could you not understand that you're kind of going nowhere if you have no clarity and no direction. It's like with business, right, Yeah, you're just you're going to go nowhere if you.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you want, where you want your business to go. It's not going to go, yeah, it's it's not going to happen. And so and also like a huge thing is like get clear in your values what is important to you in life. So that's just like the first sort of step and then the second one is really wrecking on your limiting belief So this is what I was talking about, that person having you know, quite a closed mind of what they think, you know, life should be in obviously who I should.
Speaker 1: Be and they should be and whatnot. And so there are so many limiting beliefs that we have that again are putting put on us from childhood, our parents, friends, family.
Speaker 2: We're usually not aware of them, so.
Speaker 1: They and they often feel like truths when in reality they're not true. They're just a belief. And so like a really good example of this is with money. So I am such an advocate for like money mindset and really really realizing things. Yeah, I guess like aren't they don't have to be the way that you think they have to be. So for example, growing up, Rachel, like, what was your view on money?
Speaker 2: So I would definitely say I was from a privileged family. My dad owned a law firm. We were comfortable. We weren't you know, crazy wealthy. My view on money in saying or that my dad and my mum were very, very not materialistic people. So they liked a nice house, nice holidays, but they never bought like fancy you know brands or this or that. So they never really valued money as in like it was never something like oh but this is so expensive or so for me, I was I don't know, as bad as it sounds, I never like put much value and still to this day on like, really, you know, if I go and buy a designer handbag, it doesn't really do much for me. Yeah, like it doesn't really like light me up. But yeah, so I don't think I have like a that's a really good question. I don't think I have a really like specific view on it. It was just a thing growing up for me.
Speaker 1: I love this so for example to almost be like do a three sixty me growing up, we like definitely weren't wealthy, and I just remember my parents being so frugal. So it was like, you know, turn off all the lights because you're wasting money on electricity. Yea yeah, And it was like, you know, if I was to have a bath, it was like everyone would bath in that bath because literally we pay for water. And even though as I got older and as you know, my parents' business did better and better, we definitely got more comfortable. But like even to this day, my parents are very frugal. And the vibe that I had with money when I was younger was you can have money, but you have to work insanely hard, because my dad used to work six days a week and then on Sunday he would be doing admin for his business. And yeah, you can create wealth, but fuck, you have to work hard for it.
Speaker 2: See. I would say one thing about my family, their work ethic was incredible. Like my dad never took a single sick day, He worked his job, never bought it home, he never complained about it. My mom never once complained about cleaning the house or you know, she had her jobs, she had the things that she did. So something that they definitely encouraged us to do was to want to work. I guess money wasn't really a part of that as much. It was more just like, oh, like, I can't wait till I no longer have to be my parents' responsibility because they've given me so much. They've done, like, they've worked so hard to give me all the opportunities they have. I guess it's sort of I would say for all three of us kids, it really pushed us to want to work. You know, as soon as I could get a job. When I was younger, I was getting a job. I was the yeah, same, So I think that like, although we were I always say this about my parents, and I don't know how you did it, but you gave us like such a good balance of like we weren't short of anything, and we understood the value of money, but we were still given so many opportunities. But we were always coached in a way where yeah, I guess my parents were silly with it.
Speaker 1: Want something, go and work for it, yea, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like you're not going to get an expensive laptop because everyone else has it, Like you do get a laptop that works. Yeah, you know, you don't need to go get a car that's ridiculous. You can just get a car that drives. Like that was always their approach. So yeah, and especially my dad, if you saw what he wore, like he's got holes in his shoes, and like he is just the worst person, but he just does he has no care for like that sort of stuff. So I guess. We never were around people who were like, oh, I want to go and buy you know, Louis Vuitton or whatever. It was just never a thing for us in that way. And you're not gonna have anything against No. No. When I got my first design and wallet, I was waiting for this feeling of like this is going to be amazing, and I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, isn't it disappointing?
Speaker 2: I know, I was like, oh, I going to feel better, like something can work, goes right, And I'm like, that's the goods And so.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful because, for example, you have found what you value in life. Yes, and without actually knowing that, you cannot have gratification, if that makes sense, And that really goes into you know, the set one of manifesting is actually knowing.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Sorry backtracking here. So money mindset yours is great, you're your mind, you're abroad, you're you're a shit example.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to do myself. Re asked that question to me. Yeah, Georgia.
Speaker 1: So like my money mindset growing up was like, yeah, you could have wealth, but you had to work exsanely hard. And then also once you had wealth, you had to really hold onto it. Because my parents were very frugal. It was like, yeah, we can have money, but we've got to be very frugal because it can like leave and you know, go, And so that's how I also felt. And then so when I moved out of home, even though I was so hard working and I could create wealth, I found like I could never actually build wealth and I would be living paycheck to paycheck and something that I you know, kind of figured out when I was doing all the self development and they caught like shadow work is when you you know, unearth these beliefs and really get down to the bottom. Is you cannot attract what you deem as negative or if you have a fear around it, you just will never attract it. So for example, the great thing is like you know the people who win the lotto and they literally blow all their money. Yeah it's because they've never well, not so much that, but they've never had the belief that they are worthy of it, so they will go and blow it. So for me, I always had you have to work extanely hard, and yes, but you have to hold onto it because it will leave. And so when you disarm that and a huge thing. I had to reprogram my brain is money is just energy.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that's my approach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I spend something, I will receive it back, usually tenfold. And when I you know, I went through this huge thing where I paid an insane amount of money for a business coach. But for me, I was like, I'm not letting go, you know, thousands of dollar. I'm investing because I know I'm going to have, you know, a successful business. And you know that came into fruition and so you know, people might have this goal of you know, I want a million dollars, bit till until you can actually do the work where you have a belief that you were worthy to hold that a million dollars and why yes, exactly, you will never be able to attract it so any and that's why a lot of people they're like, oh, you know, manifesting doesn't work or goal setting doesn't work. It's usually because they have a you know, subliminal, limiting belief that is actually blocking them from either keeping that thing or attracting it in the first place. So that's kind of stepping on two. I know they fucking took a while to get that out, but then a huge thing also with manifesting is you need to learn how to embody it. So a huge thing I chat about in my course is like, if you had already achieved that goal or attracted that thing, how would you show up in life? And you've probably done this a lot in your business, going through stages where you have had to evolve to be the next person, so your business could.
Speaker 2: Get to that stage. Definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And a really great example I have for this is like when I was in the law firm. I remember I was a law clerk and I really wanted this promotion. I honestly can't remember because it was like fucking eight years ago, but it's just the next step up before your lawyer. It's like law Kirk, whatever this is, and then a lawyer and I was a year of finishing my degree. I really felt like I deserved this promotion. And I remember sitting there and it's funny because I didn't really understand what manifesting now, But now looking back, I had this method already and I was doing it a lot, but I remember thinking, how would I show up if I was, you know, this person or let's just say a lawyer. And at that time I lived, I had to catch a bus into the city, so I'd wear flats walk. It was like, okay, go to my law firm. I was also running back and forward with the court, so I was like wearing flats. All the lawyers in where I worked wore suits and heels, because you know, when you're going to the court, you have to be like super resented all so everyone looks like very corporate. And I remember thinking, you know, if I had this promotion already, I would definitely be dressing a certain way so people take me, you know seriously, if that makes sense. And I remember I started wearing heels, I started dressing differently, and it was probably like a month after having this kind of epiphany of like, if I want this promotion, I have to show up at that as that person.
Speaker 2: Now I got.
Speaker 1: That promotion, and it's so not about the heels or how you dress. It's I felt worthy enough, kind.
Speaker 2: Of like comprep, like when you're talking through that not comprep, but getting on stage and like picturing yourself or yes, I can totally relate, yes, because not that I would ever say, oh, I'm going to win. It was like but deep down inside, I'm like I worthy of winning, you know, yes, And I like, as you're describing that, I'm like, yeah, I've definitely had times in my life where I felt I've done that and I've really you pitch yourself walking down the stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, visualization huge And that's another thing Alik Rachel is like, you would have never have won if you did not feel worthy, You would have not been able to, you know, attract that thing if you hadn't done that work previously, which is you know, just arming the limiting beliefs, and a huge thing with that too, is basically the principle of that is becoming an energetic match for what you want, for how you want to feel, for how you you know, want to show up, because like attracts like if you're you know, super negative, really low self esteem, you know, all those sorts of things, and you want this thing over here that is like positive, high vibe.
Speaker 2: Can you see how it's like it's just not going to happen. And to be honest, like I've had times in my life where like, let's say I've wanted this, but I'm so far from it at that time if I'm like, it doesn't even feel like natural for that to happen. It's like like they're pushing against each other. I'm like, I know, deep down I'm not the person I need to be for that to happen, but I want it to happen. And so you're sort of you kind of feel unauthentic nearly because I'm like unaligned, unaligned. I'm like, this just is not going to happen. There's just no way. So I also think that there's going to be times where you can you know, you can make progress forward, but you can also make progress backwards. You know, certain traumas can happen, things can happen in your life. That's sort of you know, you lose some self esteem and you get a bit deflated and you feel a little like very much away from who you are, and then you're still trying to achieve these big things and it's like that's just not going to happen to I can get.
Speaker 1: Back to that person. And it's about looking, why do I feel unauthentic, Why do I feel undeserving of this thing? Why do I feel so far away? And being very honest with yourself about that, like that is so huge. I'm so glad you touched on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I definitely can relate to that.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of brings this to like the next step, which is like taking aligned action and inspired action, and so for instance, in that you know a certain circumstance where you don't feel that it's what are the baby steps that I can take to get to this goal, but also you know while doing while we're doing this work and disarming the limiting beliefs, but what is the inspired action? And the way I described inspired action is more of inspired action sometimes doesn't make sense logically and it usually never makes sense to anyone else, but it's like you have this intuitive pull, this intuitive thing where it's like I just need to go and explore thing. And I definitely felt that when I was making my decision of like leaving the law firm following this career which I actually had no like prospects yet. And it's like because I left my corporate job and I didn't start Naked Harvest, I think it was like a year and a half, so it's not like I had this other thing to jump to you. And again, like I'm saying, like, imagine telling everyone you're leaving this prestige law job to like go be an influencer and people like eye rolling, but I just had this intuitive feeling and I was like, if I don't do this, I know I'm going to like kick myself and I'm going to feel so unauthentic to you know, my life or whatever. And so a huge thing with inspired action is it doesn't always have to make sense to anyone else. It just has to make sense with you.
Speaker 2: I have to feel right. Yeah, it has to feel right.
Speaker 1: And like you said, it's you know, if you're attracting this super huge thing and it just feels so out of reach, what are some baby steps that are going to make you feel worthy, that are going to give you evidence so you can keep going, definitely, because like a huge thing we realize in life is once we do something and we have success, it is so easy to repeat.
Speaker 2: Or do that thing.
Speaker 1: Like I'm sure before you stepped on stage for the first time, you were like holy creation, so nervous, and then I'm sure by the time, like I don't know if this is correct the language, but got your pro car. Yeah, you gain confidence, you gain momentum, but you had to start somewhere.
Speaker 2: And mostly I can relate to this in fitness and everything. I learned there and like the successes I had there, I then found much easier to transition into business. Yeah, so I found that, Like something I always say, and the reason I love health and fitness is the foundations you learn. You can just take into so many different areas of your life, relationships, business, There's just so much that all relates with them.
Speaker 1: And you know what I love about fitness and health is like a lot of it is creating habits that you don't instantly see success a bit over time you do. Trusting the process, right, Trusting the process. It's like, yeah, I agree with it. And it's funny because obviously we were very similar in the way of like health and fitness transitioning into business. But it just has so many great foundation and teaches you so many great life skills can.
Speaker 2: Even transition into being a mum.
Speaker 1: Right oh yeah yes, yeah, yeah, huge.
Speaker 2: Like all the sleep routine and all the little things you would have for ivy.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started on a sleep routine.
Speaker 2: It sounds silly, but like it works. You know. Yeah, everything is a process. But people have a lot of trouble trusting that initial journey, all that initial process because they haven't had this success yet, so you're just betting on Okay, I'm going to trust this and hope it happens. Once it happens, it's a little easy to start trusting things exactly.
Speaker 1: And also, you know, going back to that very first step, I'm such a big believer. Like for example, you know with this manifesting method I'm kind of chatting about, is when you're doing these steps and you start with the getting clear, is in alignment, trusting your intuition, bondying that person, it is so much easier to take those little steps to then get evidence of Okay, I can do this, I can gain momentum, take another step. That's I guess, like the example of me leaving my corporate job is like a huge crossroads risk, but there would have been so many steps before that that I had made and choices I had made that had led me to that point that you know, it was trusting my intuition, it was being in alignment, it was taking inspired action. It's not just oh yeah, but you know you took this huge risk in it it worked out. There's so many steps before that, Like you know we've been saying, and what you kind of touched on before you know, the last thing with manifesting, and such a huge thing is surrender. It's detaching from the outcome, and it's believing I've done the work, I've gotten clear, I've disarmed my limiting beliefs. I know I'm worthy, I've taken you know, the inspire action. I know it will you know, I know it will come.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: A huge thing I say is if not this, something better, definitely, And you've got to truly like believe in that, and you've got to truly sort of embody that. And that was such a huge thing. For example, when I was going through these health issues and my miscarriage, Like that's a stage in your life where you're like, how could this ever make sense? This is you know, this is horrible? How can this ever make sense? The only reason I was able to get through it because I had a lot of people message me being like, how are you so positive through time like this? And even though obviously I crumbled and I had my moments, it's because I have this like trust in myself in the process, in what I believe in what I put out there, and I knew I was like, as much as I cannot see it in right this moment, I know that this is all, you know, a lesson or I know I'm going to look back and go, this was meant to be. And obviously now I can, But during those hard times, it's really hard to think about that.
Speaker 2: It's hard to see path right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. But when you're living your life like this and you're living in alignment and something negative or bad comes, it's honestly like it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Affect you like it usually would because you have, you know, built this foundation and you've built these building blocks, and you have so much trust in you know. A great example of that is actually so Ivy. She was a collar y baby, so for the first six weeks we didn't really have the newborn bubble because she cried literally the whole time. And so like literally after.
Speaker 1: Six weeks she's like sought herself out and she's like amazing baby. But you can imagine you're a new mum, you're sleep deprived, your baby's crying all the time. You can't you know, like what it's obviously not all the time. It's bit nic, but you know what I mean, it's it's not the experience you thought. And honestly, I think we had our fertility issues and our biggest struggle to get through that. Because to get through it, I literally had to sit down and say, Georgia, do you remember how many times you would cry when you got your period or the amount of hard times you went through For this baby?
Speaker 2: She is here, who cares? Yes, get through it? Yeah.
Speaker 1: And like I have a girlfriend who she got pregnant literally the first month, and I was thinking if I had gotten pregnant really easy and then had this really hard time as a you know, first time mum, I don't know if I would have gotten through it the way I have because you know, like I just would have been like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? If that makes sense?
Speaker 1: But because we went through this hard time, we are able to have this different experience. So again, you know, I don't want to say it because I feel like everyone hates the saying, but like everything happens for a reason, and even through the low times, it's not forever.
Speaker 2: Just like your high times, it's temporary. Yeah exactly. Yeah, No, I love that so much. Isn't it funny? Too? Like sometimes you when you're listening, you're probably like, oh I've felt that before. Oh I understand that, Like and having someone sort of put it into words and into a process and into steps. It just kind of gives you a little more clarity on what you're actually feeling.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I.
Speaker 2: Guess a little bit of like direction as to like lean.
Speaker 1: Into it, you know, and just quickly on that. So we are all manifesting all the time, whether you like know you are or not, like whether you like it or not, Like we're all doing it all the time because you know, like attracts like everything, it's a universal law, so you're doing it either way. I guess I just like am so big on it because once you kind of figure out, much like fitness, where you're like, oh okay again, I'm not like huge instue, so I'm gonna butcher it. But like you know, knowing your macro, knowing that you don't actually have to do this crazy intense session and kill yourself because it doesn't actually make sense. It's way to rest, you need to.
Speaker 2: Recovery is not optional.
Speaker 1: Full body is actually great. You don't have to just kill your legs and then wait a week. And I'm sure there's all this science behind it. But much like that, once you have the tools to almost you know, rig the system, almost and use it to your advantage. It's honestly life changing.
Speaker 2: I always say like, we fear what we don't understand, and yes, so until we understand things, we're gonna be in fear of them. You know. Educating yourself in all aspects of life is just it's powerful, and I think that it's it's very underrated, especially in things like personal development and fitness.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so huge, and I'm like you said before, I reckon fitness and personal development crossover so much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this was awesome. Wow. We really went off on a tangent of our own. Wow. But I absolutely loved it. This was like such a different podcast, and I think you girls are going to take away so much from this. And you know, your story and your resilience is so inspiring. So thank you for sharing that with us today. I feel super honored. But yeah, so thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.