Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no common show podcast.
Speaker 2: We can phone lines right now. This is going to be one of those phone ins that is going to upset us at various times along the way. There are some TV shows, certain movies that we really care about that actually means something to us. And when someone says, oh, I watched that, I just didn't get it. I actually get really upset. I actually get you get quite attached to our TV shows. When you recommend it to someone, they it's like you give them a gift, right, and then when they go, I didn't like it, they hand you back the gift, and it's actually it actually really upsets people. And when Jack's dad said the other day, Jack told me, your dad didn't like Top Gun, Maverick, I've never heard anyone say they haven't loved it, which is why it's been a global mega hit.
Speaker 3: One point two billion dollars at tourney right now.
Speaker 1: This is biggest ever success.
Speaker 3: I haven't run into anybody who it hasn't liked it. But my dad, ever, the Syney went to gold Class and said no, not for me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: His explanation were it was exactly the same as the first one.
Speaker 1: It's completely different.
Speaker 2: Though than the mission different and like Tom's older, he's just a young buck.
Speaker 1: And the old one.
Speaker 3: Exactly the same as the first one. And his words too lovey dovey.
Speaker 2: Too lovey Dovey's not really lovey dovey, lovey dovey is the first Do.
Speaker 1: You think he just saw the first one?
Speaker 2: Because I could say, you could say I think he saw the first one, because if he thought it was exactly not the first one, he's watching the first one and the Maverick, you wouldn't say it was lovey dovey if you didn't like it. I think he went to the scene. Maybe they were showing an old one. So that's some one we want to know. What didn't you get? You know, when you just like you watch the TV show that's been very well hyped, same with the movie. You sat through it and he thought, this is leaving me cold. There's nothing for me, Patsy.
Speaker 1: What's it for you? What didn't you get?
Speaker 4: Oh shame? I know, but it's Game of Thrones. I've tried a few I know, but I've tried a few times.
Speaker 1: I just can't know. I know, it's awful. Stop off, seriously conjuring with duncan.
Speaker 4: I know it was bigger than Mesh, but I just I tried to time because Jesus, I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: It was it was needlessly violent TV show. Is it like Mash?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: It was violent, it was blood thirsty. It was bordering on X rated pawn and.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, couldn't do it?
Speaker 2: When you leave the show, Sky News is ready for you with this bombastic It was bordering on.
Speaker 3: Paul bring back Mash. I say, even in the war, they made that digestible.
Speaker 4: Mesh's numbers are up there like one of the big the final episodes talking about it was one of the most.
Speaker 1: Watched TV compare everything.
Speaker 4: The final episode. Yes we are confuse people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like when I.
Speaker 4: Record number of viewers and Fame of Thrones is up there. It's so popular. But I don't get it. I don't like it, and I won't watch it again.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised. It's not for everyone. Right, demands a lot of you, and I think for someone.
Speaker 3: Like you, Oh, here we go again.
Speaker 4: What do you mean someone like me?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I don't recommend Game of Thrones to everybody.
Speaker 4: What am I?
Speaker 1: I want to know?
Speaker 2: Highly intelligent, highly intelligent, beautiful, big soul, and I know a lot of people like you. I wouldn't recommend that kind of show of them because it demands quite a lot of people, and it demands something called imagination, fantastical.
Speaker 3: I sticked a.
Speaker 4: Little house on the prairie. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Mashright?
Speaker 1: What TV show movie you did? You just didn't get?
Speaker 2: Just for Cloudy, because I know radio, I know it works. We're in the background a lot. You'll hear certain key words kettle, mash, I like mash, kettle.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about.
Speaker 2: Perhaps he's once more taking this show down and cold as that we don't know how to get out of. I'm still trying to reverse to an eighteen point reverse to get out nine four one four one for three.
Speaker 1: But the voides of doubt. What didn't you get the Christian O'Connell show podcast? What TV show movie you just didn't get?
Speaker 2: Christian Lord of the Rings, Johnny says, Border the Rings more like nine hours of my life I will never get back.
Speaker 1: Lynn.
Speaker 2: My kids made me sit through it more than once. I was not a fan of Charling the Chocolate Factory. Love Charlie the Chocolate Factory. Eastern Ome, but I can't understand that. It's a great quite a dark tinge to it as well for kids movie, brilliant story, Jenny Christian any move with Tom Cruise and it can't stand and totally overrated. I would take the lamb Roast over him anytime. Sure, sure, shame redemption on the.
Speaker 1: Greats, one of the greats of cinema.
Speaker 3: That's Aniston.
Speaker 1: You can't stand it, Yes, Christian, and I'm going straight to hell. But stuff me, that movie was boring. Now, I wouldn't call that movie boring.
Speaker 2: A man put in prison incarcrates for a crime he didn't commit, who then has a terrible time and then tries to escape. How is that boring? But anyway, this is what we're talking about. What didn't you just get? Nine four one four one o four three. You know, if you just tuned in, Patty was just sating earlier. She hated mash and she can't stand up. People don't like the TV show Mash Race.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm good? So what didn't you get?
Speaker 4: I did love the plot of La La Land. It was the worst two and a half airs I've ever spent in a movie hit Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Love Story won all the movie awards, all the Oscars.
Speaker 3: Definitely not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my dad walked out of him and I said, why didn't you like it? And he just went, no, thank you. My dad says that a lot about Joyous.
Speaker 2: Thank you for me, No, thank you to joy.
Speaker 1: All right, Reece, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: When have a good day, Wendy, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, You're not It's not Seinfeld? Is it Seinfeld? Wendy, don't do this to us. Most ridiculous show ever, so is Life. Yeah, but at least Life has something in it. So did Seinfeld jokes.
Speaker 3: And it's timeless as well. I can still watch today and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Just one of the one of the greatest TV shows ever. Cramer, Who wants a friend like that? I mean, hello, I what with someone a bit like that?
Speaker 4: Got a friend like.
Speaker 1: I mean, what about Jerry or George?
Speaker 2: George one of the greatest characters that we've all been a bit like George.
Speaker 1: No, if you've been a bit like George, you've got a sad life. Honey. Oh she did? Wow? We Wendy all right, Wendy, thank you very much. You Calk the Christian O'Connell Show podcast,