Speaker 1: My heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app a good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura bed Bady.
Speaker 2: Your work, our windows down. That's my worldris in the dust. Only good fabs are all down. I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll beg get and what I want. It don't matter where goes. This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday afternoon. Everybody, It's the pick up with Britt Hockey and.
Speaker 2: Laura Bird everyone except me. Laura, what's happened now? Well, this has never happened to me before. I don't shop, Okay, I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 3: I live alone. I get food deliveries. Yeah, I don't go to the grocery store. I get food deliveries every week. It comes on a Sunday or Monday, and then I'm set for the week. I have been doing this for years and this has never happened before. But this week my food delivery was stolen. There is a thief amongst us.
Speaker 1: Was it stolen from within your apartment complex or was it left out the front?
Speaker 3: This is where it gets tricky, so they send you photos of where they left it.
Speaker 2: So like here it is, it's been delivered.
Speaker 3: They send a photo, so it's like I have a gated apartment building and they left it on top of the gated buildings. So it's like semi street but semi apartment.
Speaker 2: But they always leave it there. Yeah they can't. I mean it's gator. They can't just like turf your Molly's spoon over the fence. So they could have do they put it? I don't know. I don't know where it went. It's never happened.
Speaker 3: But I feel like it's payback for that one time that I accidentally stole somebody else's with not knowing that it was someone else's.
Speaker 2: Like it got delivered to.
Speaker 3: My apartment, I thought it was mine. Didn't read the name, was taking it for week?
Speaker 1: Did you not open up the bags of I did delivery and think this is not what I ordered.
Speaker 2: Yes, Instead of looking at the name, I just thought they made a mistake.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, they threw in some extra mules because they they were ordering extra mules.
Speaker 2: I have done the exact same thing. This was actually not that long ago. There was a delivery.
Speaker 1: It was my neighbor's, well actually two houses up. It wasn't even the direct neighbor, but it was put in front of our house, and I just thought it had.
Speaker 2: Been I thought someone had send it to me for free. I was like, didn't you don't even order it. I don't even get hello friends. I was like, I work in radio. Maybe it's just a generous gift.
Speaker 1: I took it inside, I opened it up, and I made a meal and then it wasn't until the next day that I was like, that was not ours. It just dawned on me that maybe it was honestly thought as a PR.
Speaker 2: Gift one off box of meals as a PR gift.
Speaker 1: I've never admitted it because I was like, my neighbor will listen to this and they will know that I'm the reason that that went missing.
Speaker 2: What you know them send them a new bree Your Marley'spoon was delicious, though I did eat that too, Snapjacks, you're the one that stealing. I tell you what, Laura.
Speaker 3: It is a dog eat dog world out there in the dating community, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean you wouldn't know you've been married for seven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but prior to that, I dated everyone, so I had a good LITMS don't worry.
Speaker 2: I mean, I also just did get married.
Speaker 3: I am off the market, but I have a bunch of single friends that are constantly like talking to me about what the online dating world is like, and it is really hard, and I have bad news.
Speaker 2: It's getting harder.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's getting harder or do you think it's just always been like ever since online dating has come, because you've just got the opportunity of choice. There's so many people, it's kind of like gamified online dating.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's getting harder because if you think about when online dating started, it was just like signed up and had at it like men.
Speaker 2: Women went on, you put your age on and.
Speaker 3: Basically that was it. But it's gotten there's so many layers. That's gotten so complicated. And now Tinder has released well it's a trial. They're trialing a new feature that is not good news for our short kings.
Speaker 2: You can basically filter now for height.
Speaker 3: So if you say I only want a tall guy, which you know most women say I only want a tall guy, it filters them out and then our short kings are not even given a chance. It is causing a lot of stir online because there are a lot of people that are all for this feature, Like I guess a lot of women that know that they only want a tall.
Speaker 2: Guy, they're all for it.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of people that are saying is actually discrimination, Like you are filtering out on the way that I look physically like my physical appearance, and I have to say I'm on their side. I don't think we should be having a high filter for online dating.
Speaker 1: It's a weird one, isn't it, because it really kind of comes into.
Speaker 2: This gray area.
Speaker 1: It's like having a bold filter, or it's like having a weight filter, a weight filter. The only thing though, is if you are a woman and you are particularly tall, like a really really tall girl, or you were a guy and you're a particularly short guy, maybe it just removes some of the admin because I would dare say that normally, I don't know that this is a stereotype.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get myself into trouble.
Speaker 1: But often really tall girls and really short guys don't seem to be a perfect match. It seems as though like that would probably be the only time that it would come in handy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then maybe I mean not, Maybe you don't have to have a filter for that people can put their height on their bio themselves.
Speaker 2: Then doing it anyway, So then what's the difference, because you're still given the choice.
Speaker 3: Like zac Efron hot megababe, he's tiny, but people would be yeah, I'm taller than zach Efron' he's like tall man energy he does, he's got b D energy. But my point is, like I do think, and in the words of producer Grace, you're robbing yourself of love, like you're robbing.
Speaker 2: Yourself with the potential.
Speaker 3: I've dated people that are shorter than me. They've been fantastic people. Did it work out? No, but it wasn't because of their height. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean I know we made jokes. I've my one of my ex boyfriends was quite a bit shorter than me and it never made a difference. But I do think that if I had had the height restriction on Tinder, firstly, I would never have met him, but also I think I probably would have used it, and so I would have ruled him out because I don't know I am. I guess I'm relatively tall for a girl. What am I like one hundred and seventy seven centimeters, Yeah, which I would say that in dating. When I was online dating, I definitely rocked up to a couple of dates where my dates were particularly short and I knew we both kind of met each other and were like, Wow.
Speaker 2: Should have talked about it. I wish I wish we'd asked, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's not like it should be a big deal, but I think it is for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of people care about height.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then why can't we just ask have those conversations, talk to someone, put it in your bio. I think the fact that we can now filter out people based on appearance for me is yucky.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the short king men or other people are now sort of like firing back, saying cool if you want to filter from that, how do you feel if we put a weight.
Speaker 2: Filter on which which is all a bit silly, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No one's a bit tipped for tab But I understand what they're saying from that, Like I understand that they're offended that people can filter them out based on their physical appearance that they can't change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess the only thing is is like if someone's borderline, like if someone is tall borderline to your preference, you know, like they might be a little bit shorter than.
Speaker 2: What you think you want in a person, but they're amazing in every other capacity.
Speaker 1: Like that seems a bit silly to rule someone out because you've got a bit of a high preference.
Speaker 2: You know whatever.
Speaker 3: On beggars can't be chooses too, if you're looking for for love, don't sing all those men out.
Speaker 2: Zenda didn't.
Speaker 3: And she's engaged to Tom Holland and then a beautiful couple, very happy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that for it. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Now. I mean, I'm sure some of you know if you listen to the show, but it might be used to anyone who's new. I am currently pregnant with my third baby, and let me tell you, third pregnancy is a whole different kettle of fish to the first one and the second one.
Speaker 2: Just like doesn't even touch the sides really for you, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Well that yeah, the baby's just gonna shoot straight out, isn't even gonna have any resistance.
Speaker 2: No, I no, I didn't mean. I didn't mean you're loose when you said it. No, I meant like, doesn't touch the side, put your legs in steer it to shoot it out. I meantag in like it HiT's different, Like again, that could be taking the wrong way. It is going to touch the sides on the way out.
Speaker 3: I mean it, it's different, like you're less involved in, Like you're like it'll come in nine months because.
Speaker 2: You've done it twice and you're busy. Yeah, look, I love that. You were like, no, I still will touch you.
Speaker 1: But I was like, one can only hope that it does still touch the size as it comes out.
Speaker 2: But anyway, look, it is very different.
Speaker 1: And I say this because I feel like this pregnancy has just completely gotten away from me. And sometimes I feel pretty good since I've gotten my reflux under control.
Speaker 2: That I often actually just forget that I'm pregnant.
Speaker 1: I forget you're pregnant, Yeah, until I get Britt was talking about just how we should do this morning. She was like, Oh, we should really do this, Like we should do a big party at the end of the year, like a show party, and we'll invite all our listeners.
Speaker 2: And we can do it on a boat.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'll have a six week old baby. But she sounds good, and I'm like, what completely blanked that? I was having a kid. But anyway, look, every so often I get a reminder like I'll get a massive thump to the uterus because I'll get a big, solid kick, and I'm I'm well passed halfway now.
Speaker 2: I think I'm about twenty five weeks and I just the.
Speaker 1: Other day discovered that I've hit a part of pregnancy or a new stage that I never got to in my first or second and it was incredibly humbling. So we were all in the office having a little dance. We were filming some content, and part of that was that we had to, like, you know, really kind of get into this dance that we were doing.
Speaker 2: And I did.
Speaker 1: I was really challenged, my nineteen year old self being at the nightclubs. And I dropped it like it's hot, and I did a liberated woman.
Speaker 2: Drop, I'll live my best life drop, and I got to the bottom of that drop. I got low and I got low. I got low, I got low, and then I pissed my pants at the bottom bottom jeans.
Speaker 1: It was I didn't and I'm not just talking about tiny bit of bladder leakage. I got to the bottom of that drop and I fully wet myself well maybe it won't coutch. The scientists just got to shoot right, and there was something incredibly I don't even want to say humblings. I know I've said that, but it was just humiliating having to stop and be.
Speaker 2: Like, sorry, everybody, I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And now the problem is is like I don't know whether I did damage or whether I've just set things off, or this kid is just on my bladder in a way that it shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you did damage in your liberated woman drop because it's just it's part and parcel right third pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Potentially, but it had never happened prior.
Speaker 1: And now if I coughed too hard, if I sneeze too hard, yeah, it's just it's become part of my everyday staple.
Speaker 3: Alone, Laura, there are some pretty high statistics on women that having continents. It's I don't want you to be embarrassed. We all pretended it didn't happen. We all turned a blind eye.
Speaker 2: And I even spilt my water bottle to try and cover, and someone mopped up the puddle. So and someone said what is this? And I said, sorry, clumsy me Again, I spilled it's my lime cordial juice. Apologies.
Speaker 3: You know why I think I forget you're pregnant is because on the rare occasions I do remember, I try and feel it moving.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, it's so movie.
Speaker 3: Every time I go and try and touch it, it just freezes, like it doesn't want to move for me, I think it knows.
Speaker 1: It's because you're very aggressive anytime you come over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like just before this, literally just before we started the show, I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: The baby's kicking. Heaps come and feel and Brick came over and she didn't.
Speaker 1: Stick her hand on my bel She gave me an alf a caut You just don't.
Speaker 2: You don't rest your hand, you like really get in there.
Speaker 3: And they had to sort of poke it to make it move. Do you know I'm still trying to like.
Speaker 2: Feel it out.
Speaker 1: And then Britt says, oh, don't worry, I have a technique to get it to move. She lifts up my shirt and gives me a raspberry on my stomach.
Speaker 2: I'm a full grown woman having my third.
Speaker 1: Baby, and I don't think I've had a raspberry in.
Speaker 3: A whole lot.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years, No, fifteen years twenty five years, A long time, you're well, long time, you're welcome. It is I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It is a trick that you are supposed to do like it must be like the vibrations or something like when you do a raspberry it makes it tickle or something.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that for a while. Second, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: That giving someone a raspberry makes a baby move in their belly.
Speaker 2: Here we go. No, actually, I stand corrected.
Speaker 3: No, blowing raspberries and a pregnant belly is unlikely to do anything.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 3: Well I just treated you to a little little raspberry for your for your Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Well, I stand corrected. I've been raspberry and a lot of pregnant women. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. You live and you learn it. I'm mind blown, mind blown.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Laura, I'm laughing thinking about this. So I took my new husband Ben to New Zealand on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Very lucky, New Zealand is so close.
Speaker 3: Two and a half hours bang there we went to Queenstown and now Ben was quite excited about this because he was made aware that there aren't any like dangerous animals there because he's his Swiss.
Speaker 2: He's very scared of animals. Here snakes. She totally.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, I've never met anyone who is as afraid of spiders.
Speaker 2: As Ben is. Like he sends brit inside to check their house first before he goes there.
Speaker 3: Every night, I have to screen the house. He has to watch me look in the wardrobes, under the pillows.
Speaker 2: Of the bed. It's it's it's cute whatever.
Speaker 3: So we go to New Zealand and this this that finds really interesting. So Ben is a professional footballer like soccer, and in their contracts they have something that I call the fun clause. It is a clause that basically I say, doesn't allow fun. You can't do anything that could remotely end in an injury or danger or I'm talking things like mountain bike riding, skiing, snowboarding.
Speaker 2: We can't go bungee jumping like anything. When you say mountain bike riding.
Speaker 1: Though, we were talking about it just before you guys went away, and I was like, oh, you should get like the e bikes and go around the lake in Wanaka. You go like five daughters and now like I did it with the kids, and he was like, no, I can't do that. It's too dangerous.
Speaker 2: Might hurt myself. Yeah, And I was like, so what can you do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Right? So New Zealand, if you guys know, it's like the adventure Capital. There's so much to do there.
Speaker 3: And I thought, okay, I have to come up with an itinery for him that is fun but no danger. So I surched heigh and low, and I came up with what I thought was the perfect idea. We went to it's called Deer Park. We went to a park that has deers in it. Now I know that doesn't sound very fun cue but majestic. I read that you could feed them, and I was like, you know what has beautiful views. We're going to go and feed the deer. We're going to feed some piglets. And there's like farm animals around and what you do is you drive around and you get out whenever you see the animals because it's just a free range park farm, and.
Speaker 2: Then you just feed them. So we're feeding some little piglets, super cute.
Speaker 3: Then we continued up and there's the most beautiful deer right. So we're feeding the deer and they'll eat out of your hand. It's actually truly incredible. We were having a lot of fun, like I was nailing it. Then we go further up the hel and there was a sign that said like if you see horned goats, don't.
Speaker 2: Get out of your car.
Speaker 3: It actually said don't even stop your car right horned goats.
Speaker 2: Run over them. So I was like, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we see a pack of goats and I look and there's no horns, so I was like cute.
Speaker 2: So we get out of the car and I was like, Kurie, let's feed them. Anyway, these goats were savage.
Speaker 3: Out of nowhere, I had video go on to my Instagram to have a look out of nowhere, about fifty goats started to attack us. Basically like I was running for my life. I had to abort my phone because I thought I was gonna die by these goats. They're so savage. I think they're really dumb.
Speaker 2: Then they chased us down. They did.
Speaker 3: They chase us down the hill anyway. You can hear bending in the background on my footage being like run.
Speaker 2: Baby, run anyways, I'm running. We make it back in the car and they jump on the car. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: It was similar to being in a game park in South Africa and the lions are trying to get in.
Speaker 2: Like that's what I thought. I don't know if they're dumb. I don't know if that they go to dumb.
Speaker 1: We've been to like we've been to a national park before. It's called Simbia National Park. Took the kids and there's a goat enclosure and Lola was only about three years old and she got pounced by like three goats at once, and the poor thing was under the goats to pull the baby out, We're like, oh god, But they just get very enthusiastic about food. They're very food motivated animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why you can't go around the horned goats. Anyways, I got horned.
Speaker 2: Basically, oh wait, so the goats.
Speaker 1: Wait, you got out of the car, but you didn't establish that they had horns.
Speaker 2: You said there was no horns on.
Speaker 3: The fifty horned goats were hiding. It's like they planned the attack. It was like a chemic card.
Speaker 2: It was a militia attack of the horn go way we get the car with we actually could stop laughing.
Speaker 3: Ben's like, I thought this was supposed to be not dangerous thing, Like he's like I imagine if I went back to my football Colum said, sorry, like I can't play football and attacked by a goat.
Speaker 2: I got impaled by a goat. Are they in New Zealand? Are they dumb? Grace? They're actually very intelligent, thank you. See they know how to get the food. I guess they were hiding and pounced on me. Is this anything else? Is idea? It was that a full sentence.
Speaker 3: Some research suggests that goats are as intelligent as dogs.
Speaker 1: No way, I believe it. I believe it. Smart little things. They're also very cute when they're babies. Sometimes I find myself down a TikTok rabbit hole just watching not.
Speaker 3: Raby goats, baby goats, and you know what, I'm gonna put a video on.
Speaker 2: I've got they do these little jumps, the baby ones. They're really cute. I've got a video, so that made up for it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you go to New Zealand, believe it or not, I do recommend it.
Speaker 2: It was really fun. Just don't get out around the horned goats.
Speaker 1: That's the PSA from Brittany on anyway, guys, that's it from us