Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's have a chat with a big arted listener called Heidi who sent me an email over a week ago, and as soon as I read the email, I thought, you need to hear about what Heidi is trying to raise money for and I want to do everything we can on the show this week to support that. Heidi.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: So Heidi, tell everyone what you do and about an amazing woman called Adena.
Speaker 1: I'm a disability support worker, have been for fifteen years. I care for a young lady and mum of two young children, aDNA, and Adena has got mode and your own disease MND. She's had it for three years. The lifespan is normally three to five years. The first couple of years of her diagnosis, we're in COVID lockdown, so she couldn't get out. Now we're allowed out, and Adena's made ability has decreased that much that it's actually a struggle for her to get transferred by carry in and out of a normal car. It's causing a lot of distress at the moment. And I had a meeting with her in one of her medical team a couple of weeks ago, and it really touched my heart because that was all the meeting was about, and trying to raise fund to get a visibility support vehicle for her. And I went home really really broken emotionally about it. And so I went on a mission to try and see what I can do to try and raise some funds to get a Dina mobile and out in the community so she can take her kids to school, and she can take them to birthday parties and go and have a coffee with a girlfriend, things that we take for granted that she can't actually do anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, Heidi, Also, you know you're one of In your email, you said, so you're one of ten cares that work around the Clockdina and other people I sadly have MMD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's got twenty four seven care now, and yeah, there's a whole whole care team that works and we make sure all the ships acovered for as much as we can because we're there as there. She actually can't get out of bed in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreak. And as soon as I saw your email, I was blown away by your generosity because obviously it's amazing what you and your team are doing for her right and then that you're trying to now to personally get involved to raise the money for this disability support vehicle. And as soon as I heard you describe it that she just wants me to get in the and to get in a car and be with the kids in the school run to sit in between them. Is like, I want to do everything we can on the show to make that happen. So how much money does she need? Do you guys need them to get this vehicle?
Speaker 1: Well, she's she doesn't want a brand new vehicle. She's happy with anything as long as her real check and sit between her children in the back. She had some one that kicks all the boxes and it's twenty two and a half thousand. Yeah, wait a minute, sorry.
Speaker 2: That's okay. You don't need to say sorry. I mean, you know, to us, we're we're just hearing it. You know, you know, you know what this means to the family, what you're trying to do for us. So it's yeah, they're so close to you in your heart. So that's you for trying to actually make a change in your life already more than you do day to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, so her day to day at the moment, depending on her care and what kind of care has she can't actually get out during the day because some cares vehicles, we physically can't transfer from a wheelchair into a normal car anymore. And it comes down to her safety and the care of safety as well. But little things like that day that I emailed you. It was her son's birthday, sixth birthday the next day, and she got me to go and pick up his birthday presence. She couldn't go and pick them up like and that was my breaking point with her. It's like I said to her at the end, I said, a Dinna, let's just in fundraising. Let's do a movie night at trivia night raised the money, and she actually turned around me and said, if I was you, no, I'd rather raise money for the M and D Society to help find a cure for people in the future. That's sort of what the tougher, gorgeous human being she is like. And that's when I went on this mission to try and raise money to get her a car. So there was how long ever we have with a dinna, She's got quality of life, like she can go out and do the thing she wants with her family on the weekends and with her careage during the week Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we all saw last week the amazing work that you know, Neil danaher and his family have done and everyone does all over Australia, you know, raising millions over the years, and they're actually leading research into M and D all over the world. The cutting edge research is coming out of the money they raise. But we we see the big freeze and we donate. I think we often sometimes we're still removed from what it's like for people actually that in that situation out I've got to be answer. I felt terrible when I read your email. I just you just don't know because it's kind of out of sight of what you don't know what that really means to a family and a young muma to have a diagnosis like that. And when you said, you know, three to five years, it was like, gosh, she's at year three. I want to do everything we can on the show. I don't want to make because I said to you, any want to applied quickly and said we'll definitely do something, But I can't make promises that we can't keep. But I really hope this week we can try and raise the money to get her at least get at the vehicle so that she can while she can just get out of her house and spend some time, just try it around with her kids doing stuff You're right, we take for granted, like the school run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, So this is what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do. OK, We're gonna, we're gonna we're gonna rely on the kind people listen to the show, and we've been we've been showing time and time again that they do want to help. People do want to help. And so let's get to that vehicle this week by Friday.
Speaker 1: That would be amazing, like amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for sending me in the email and trusting us as well. I think you're amazing. A Dina sounds amazing. You're an angel. Honestly, you and people like you and your team are that. The people that we don't even know about are just incredible. What you do. It's selfless, it's tired as it's hard work, but thank you very much. Let's get to the vehicle then. So we've set up a go fund me a page, a brand new page. It's set at zero. I urge you, whether it's five bucks or ten bucks. Every single dollar will go towards that twenty two and it's twenty two and a half thousand. That's what we need to get a second hand one for edema.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all we Yeah, it would change your family's world. Natively.
Speaker 2: We're going to do everything we can on the show, and I know that our people listening right now will want to donate. So easiest way for define the go fund me page then is if you go to our Facebook page, The Christian O'Connell Show. Everyone to live us on Facebook still these days, if you head to the Christian O'Connell Show on Facebook, you can also find us on Instagram again, the Christian O'Connell Show, it will be there. It's the link to the go fund me campaign. It's at zero. We have nothing. I'm asking you to give whatever you can. If that's five dollars, great, five dollars is amazing. Thank you very very much, Heidi. Let's see what happens this week.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: Honestly, this day amazing.
Speaker 2: The least we can do. We're lucky to have this show and this platform. It's nice sometimes be a little one. Hopefully make a difference in a Deemer's life.
Speaker 1: I hope we can would be amazing.
Speaker 2: I hope we can get that vehicle by Friday. I really really do we do all we can. Heidi, thank you so much for everything you do. You're you're awesome, I mean all of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for replying.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all right, listen, let's see what happens this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right ya, thanks Sardi, speaking to no worries. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Do only want to get to that vehicle, honestly, five or ten dollars. I know you probably think that that isn't going to do it. It will. We know so many people listen to the show. One dollar will get the honesty. If it's five bucks ten dollars, that's all you can give right now, that's amazing. If you're not able to give anything, just even knowing that you're listening and just thinking of somebody else in a really, really really hard spot is enough as well. But if you can check out our Facebook page, Christian O'Connell's show, you'll find us there on Instagram as well. Whatever you can give, thank you very very much. Let's get to that vehicle this week.
Speaker 1: Carl a brighter not you're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast