Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Wednesday on this show means what are the odds your stories of coincidence and chance?
Speaker 5: I believe it or not? What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 5: Like, were you a cheryl who married a hun who works with the cheryl?
Speaker 1: You married a hun as well?
Speaker 2: Ten years ago I decided to take my little child to the Grampians who were splicing.
Speaker 6: Around in a little pool's area, and my son lost his dummy. Last weekend we actually went back to the same pools with another son.
Speaker 2: Of Morne and Lo and behold, I happen to find my son's dummy.
Speaker 3: I have three brothers, Peter, Greg and Shane. My ex husband was Peter, My next partner was Shane, and now I'm looking for Greg.
Speaker 6: I moved to Australia from New Zealand and I had to get a criminal check for work and it turns out there's a go in Australia with his Etro name and birthday as me, and he's a criminal.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go straight to stories of coincidence chants. We call it what are the odds?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: My friend Mary Lou, is that you? Yes, said Mary Lou, what are the odds? What are the odds? Great name as well, Mary Lou.
Speaker 2: Oh, my lord, this is about a horse as well. Yeah, it's one hundred to one. So we bought a shack down at a beach house about two years ago, speaking to the builder to make it Liverpool because it's a bit of a bit of a rundown place. Said find anything unusual around the house. He said, oh, just an old bit of newspaper. My brother had a new racehorse that dad bought him when he was fIF fifteen, and it won. And I drove off and came back. He said, I found an old piece of newspaper, that's all. But I kept it because I like old things. Picked up the piece of paper, sixty six years old, as big as my hand. At the top of it, it said Tally Tim and that was the name of his horse. I looked inside. I looked inside the piece of newspaper and I had had my mum and dad's name and two of their race horses. It was the only bit of paper out of the Truth newspaper sixty six years ago. I said my brother. I told my brother. He said, Dad, I had to lease the horse back to Dad because I couldn't own it because I was too young. I went to that race meeting with Dad and we won so much money because light Fingers I don't know whether you remember, light Fingers was the other horse against him. He was never going to beat light Fingers. So Dad put the house on.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 1: Would have been thirty at the time.
Speaker 2: Pers and this piece of paper was only as big as my hand.
Speaker 1: Wow, is amazing, incredible story, Mary, I know.
Speaker 2: Also funny that you're gifted fifty a bracehorse. He at least effect to Dad because he couldn't iron a race horse because he.
Speaker 1: Was too little for reasons.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, yeah, how.
Speaker 1: Amazing story, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much for sharing, Mary Louis.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Bye.
Speaker 1: Paul, what are hello there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, what's the story?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I was going to barbers a few weeks ago and the barber says to me, he goes, oh, what's your name? And I said, oh, it's Paul. And there was four other people in there, and the guy next to me.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, my name is Paul. The barber says, my name is Paul, and the other guy says, oh, my name is Paul.
Speaker 5: So I thought one of the odds, So I took a photograph.
Speaker 3: It was just one of the odds.
Speaker 2: It was bizarre.
Speaker 1: So let's just come off. How many pools are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 3: Four Paulo?
Speaker 5: And there was only four people in the barbers and we're all called Paul, one of.
Speaker 1: My favorite ones. What are the odds?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell, Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Show, Simon and what's your story? Coincidence and chance for us?
Speaker 5: So I had a best friend in the nineties called Paul, and Paul was not a large chap but he loved heavy metal. He was a Metallica concert and he was in the mosh pit and he caught Lars Ulrich's drumstick and we celebrated his success for about five minutes before an enormous guy next to him pushed him and shoved him out of the way and stole the drumstick. And all we heard about for the next six months was it was in my hot little hands and this guy took it from me, so tale of woe. Fifteen or twenty years later, I'm hanging out with another best friend of mine called Ben, and I'm in his man cave and in a box, in a perspex glass box or plastic box, is a drumstick. And I said that cool. What's that? He said, Oh, I was in a Metallica concert in the nineties and I caught Lars or Rick's drumstick. Well, actually I didn't. A guy did, and I pushed him and shoved him and stole it from him, and now it's mine. And I sat there and went, oh, my gosh, you've got Paul drumstick.
Speaker 1: God, this is one of the all time stories.
Speaker 5: And it's the same drumstick. And I've spoken to both of them. They've Paul and Ben have never met, and yeah, well exactly, and Paul has demanded an apology over the years. An Ben is adamant, But Paul had no business being in the moshpit that size.
Speaker 1: No first hands.
Speaker 5: If you caught it, you caught it. Yeah. I think it's going to make its way back. So what's Ben holding onto the drumstick or what's going on? Ben's holding on to it?
Speaker 1: Of course he is of course he's he's got the perspect plastic case. And also maybe they share custody six months with six months with the other. It goes into state it's travel armor.
Speaker 5: God exactly exactly. But I feel like maybe off the back of this, we need some sort of reunion between the tour of them and maybe they can cut the drumstick in half or something.
Speaker 1: You can't you break its powers. It's like a magic lanch.
Speaker 5: I just can't. I can't believe. I know this is what the whole, this whole concept is about on the show, but I literally still to this day can't believe those dots got joined.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Each week we get goosebumps. Sometimes you'll get that one corn I thought today it was the four pools at the barbers, but no, it's another one. The Drumstick is incredible.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell Show Podcast