Speaker 1: First, Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime said you made a great cup of teeth, which I love because it's mostly women over fifty five.
Speaker 1: Wats me it's win is gold Die The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Show one one hundred and sixty one.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning, seventy five and hard.
Speaker 5: Jack at your service, sir.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm getting a feeling you've hit a bit of a wall with seventy five and hard You come in this morning. You seem a bit depleted and you're feeling the effects of two workouts a day.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to be very sore in the mornings. Getting out of bed is the hardest part.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good What a great energy to have that guy with us for the next three hours, so it's already working.
Speaker 5: Next seventy days as well.
Speaker 6: How am I more.
Speaker 4: Energetic than you?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm not doing any of this.
Speaker 5: No, I wore up by the time warm up.
Speaker 4: You go and do something? Are you we're the warm up? You should? You should see this guy after the show. Oh my bam bam, bam, bam bam. If only this show it was mid morning, mid morning Jack, watch out huggy hugging Jack in the morning.
Speaker 5: It is hard to go from I was essentially doing maybe one or two workouts a week, one at the gym and then one or two pilates, and now gone to two per day.
Speaker 4: Two is insane, right, that's crazy. Someone yesterday was saying, he doesn't does he really mean two workouts a day, seven days a week. But that's it's like a job. Yeah, you're now working for the workout.
Speaker 5: Yes, And that's why each night this week, because you're trying to fit it all in. The last thing I do is going for a forty five minute walk out doors to get one more work out.
Speaker 4: Now, I bet that's quite a nice thing to do in the evening when it's clear to go for little and your thoughts are kind of setting. It's like a snow globe in the evening.
Speaker 5: People. Al Yeah, so Gord, he's gone to bed, everything's done for the day. You only have to go for a walk, and the soccer team is training across in the park, so lighter on and me and Luna just walking around.
Speaker 8: A workout though, Is it like it's strolling the part?
Speaker 4: Do you understand what you said. It's it's a it's mild cardio, he says, very strictly. No one at the Olympics is up on that podium going And the hardest part was the walking.
Speaker 5: Well, there is actually an Olympic event for walking, so they've.
Speaker 4: Got a bit of a lick on them. I mean that's a fast walk, you know, not like the control Are you strolling?
Speaker 5: The guy who started the program said that a walk is an outdoor walk is counted as a workout as long as it's for forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Fair enough. The thing that I I struggle with this seventy five hours. So if you don't know what Jack's doing this for another what are you day seven.
Speaker 5: To this is week one down?
Speaker 4: I tell it is down today you you don't need to sitting the way through. I worry what what was waiting for us this time next week? And the one I'm really worried about is a week after that. My wow, but you set yourself an amazing change. But the bit I don't understand because okay, two workouts to day. What world are we in? We're doing some reading teen pages is considered a workout because it's not I doesn't see any of the dudes in the gym in between reps are going to read Jordan Peterson, get my curls in.
Speaker 5: The way he describes the challenge is not a fitness challenge. It's a mental challenge. Yeah, so we're doing.
Speaker 6: Mind curls the brain.
Speaker 5: We're exercising the body and the brain and mental fitness.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's the name of the guy that does this? Seventy five and the cult leader? Who is it?
Speaker 5: Andy Frasseller is his name?
Speaker 4: Right's?
Speaker 5: His podcast is called Real AF with Andy Fraseller. Sorry, it's Real AF. It's actually called You'll Love This. He's got the podcast. Pitch has a photo of him with duct tape across his mouth, and on the duct tape it says society says Society is trying to stop him from speaking this podcast.
Speaker 4: Society doesn't care this guy. Chat's got some audio from this guy, right, and he sounds exactly like.
Speaker 9: You think zero point four read ten pages of a non fiction book every day.
Speaker 4: This is not entertainment time. This is not Harry Potter time. This is learn new stuff time. What he was, isn't he? At first?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you this is gonna be really really hard, and then it's gonna get easy, and then it's gonna get real hard, and then you're gonna be done.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is my favorite clip.
Speaker 9: If you're unfamiliar with the seventy five Hard Program, it is the world's most famous mental transformation program in the history of Earth.
Speaker 4: Not even very good English. Go and read some more books, mate.
Speaker 5: See I tell you, it's not just a fitness challenge. It's four our brain.
Speaker 4: In the history of the Earth. Your cult leader is a barely literate man. You're being led by a mumbl. He's not reading those books he is.
Speaker 5: He's not actually.
Speaker 4: To read ten pages.
Speaker 5: He actually says in the same podcast reading is easy for him because he's been reading for twenty years.
Speaker 4: Down to the Messiah.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: How did that yesterday?
Speaker 10: Patsy, Well, I think I'm like fast disappearing to my family. It's like I don't really exist. I cook the meals, I do the washing. I make sure everyone's where they're meant to be. And who's looking after me? Crickets, no one, Because last night I was on the loo and I ran out of blue paper. Oh no, and I should keep like a stash in the cupboard, but I don't. It's in the laundry for something.
Speaker 4: You're you're grown person, right, You don't ever sit down without doing a pre fight check. We apply it to start the plane now, and I don't sit down and open up the doors unless there is adequate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll always look to see that there's some on the roll and a backup.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that if the role for just engage, it to be a bigger job than you initially thought.
Speaker 10: Well, speaking of backup, jack, there was no time because the plane was coming into crash.
Speaker 4: Lane time the Hudson River.
Speaker 10: There was no time for checking if we were batting a cross check or whatever they say.
Speaker 8: It was like bombs away, so rage against.
Speaker 10: So I texted Chris, please can you get me some Loue paper? Nothing for about two minutes, so I thought I'll just text Ors. She was in the front room doing watching whenever she watches. Texted Audrey.
Speaker 4: No response, But then, surely didn't you shout out?
Speaker 8: Of course I did?
Speaker 10: No one was listening, I thought, well, Chris, Chris was clearly evidently asleep in his chair at seven o'clock catching flies, And so I rang Audrey.
Speaker 8: She did pick up. It just is harsh. Patsy, that is a beautiful dinner.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to do that waddle. I did because, yeah, because you don't want to put anything back up in case it gets pool tap, because you have to bury those if it touches it when you do wash it, you have to it's a soda watch. It's just that in case it touches a tea towel.
Speaker 5: That's a been yeah straight and the being its own plasid bag shoved to the bottom of the rubbish bin. Said that nobody sees the pool.
Speaker 4: Shroud, shroud, the third shroud.
Speaker 10: No waddling down the hallway and then the dogs laying in the middle of the hallway. So I kind of had to jump with both feet like I was doing a.
Speaker 4: Last humidity the humidity.
Speaker 8: Like this my family, I'm invisible.
Speaker 4: Oh poor Patsy.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've been counted down this week to the Games in Paris opening ceremony tomorrow night, early hours of Saturday morning. The Matildas in about twenty hours time. I think it's in the early hours on Friday morning because there are some events that begin before the opening seremony. Let me play another one of our golden moments. This has been a great one from this week. We've got brand new one later on this morning from a very very You've not heard an athlete sound like Russell Mark. I mean Russell Mark sounds like the guy who you who see in every RSL. You know, just just sort of stepped up Labarth and playing the pokes during the day.
Speaker 5: He's sort of the Shane Warn of the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Yes, hugely, hugey charismatic, a lovable Larakin. Yesterday we played this one. I thought we'd give it a game. These are called a golden moments. We came down to the Games in Paris. Australian gold medal winners are sharing their gold winning stories. We go back to Sydney Bondai Beach two thousand, Kerry Potthast and Natalie Cook.
Speaker 11: Christian O'Connell's golden moments conning down to the Games in Paris. Kirie Podhast on winning gold with Natalie Cook in beach volleyball at the two thousand Sidney Olympics.
Speaker 12: Playing in front of Australians in Bondo Beach, it was a really weird feeling.
Speaker 6: So one minute you're up.
Speaker 12: You know, really high, and everyone's feeling great for you. The next minute you lose a point. It was a struggle of emotion. I started to, in particular, build this kind of cone of silence around myself and my teammate Natalie, if you can imagine, you know, a big glass cone where you could see out but things weren't in focus, but I could hear the noise. We were behind in both sets by a considerable amount. On our faces you could see that we were just not bothered by it. It was just like, next point, what do we do? The second to last serve was in my hands, and I knew I could hit a serve straight down the line. I'd been practicing it for years.
Speaker 4: I'd go through the middle.
Speaker 12: Between the two players, and then I'd crack one down the line on the line. I decided to risk it. You know, we were down by a point. The Brazilian girl that I served at didn't move an inch. The ball landed on the line for an ace, and Natalie turned around and screamed towards me. We'd leveled it up. Now it was eleven points or we were only going to twelve. So I made the serve. It went through the middle. One of the girls took it, she didn't make a great pass. Her partner tried to save it, and in doing so, the ball was flying over the top of Natalie's head. It was going towards our sideline, and I'd chased towards the line, and as Natalie turned around to look what was going on, she was kind of like, no, don't touch it. And as that ball landed, every single emotion and every single feeling that you could possibly have went through both of our bodies, like we collapsed to the ground. I couldn't lift my head out of the sand. I was almost too scared to look up at the people in the crowd. My cone of silence that I'd built sort of shattered down around me, and I looked up. All of a sudden, I could see the faces, I could see where they all were.
Speaker 4: And Natalie was just looking at me. We couldn't have.
Speaker 12: Prepared for this moment in any way, shape or form. Thinking about it now, twenty four years later, it's an unbelievable moment. We were too ordinary people that came together and formed a magic partnership, winning a gold medal on our home beach.
Speaker 4: In our home country.
Speaker 12: That was just such a massive dream.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for the Good Morning Minute.
Speaker 5: Good good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: We don't say good morning to as many of you as possible, Christian just want to say good morning. This is from Ross and also that Patsy's brand new podcast is called Rage Against Machine. Second episode it's out today. Patsy. I heard it your sound of flights to Sydney for the day back, and you were my companion. Absolutely brilliant. It's you in full power. I generally mean this. I cannot praise it enough. You sound really in your full power. Actually it was. It was a joy to hear them. I'm proud for you and the gift that is going to be to so many women that really need someone to talk about their experience of going through the menopause, and you're going to be their their leader.
Speaker 5: It's a brilliant to say thank you. Oh, I would say for everybody, actually because.
Speaker 8: Men as well.
Speaker 5: I was until I listened to it, I realized like, hey, this I'll be going through this with my partner eventually.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you won't know how to navigate it. I mean, the women don't know how to navigate it? So how are their poor partners, those who have got men as partners, how are they amed to navigate it? So today is Allison Daddo, who has written a magnificent book.
Speaker 8: So and it's very raw what she says. I think a lot of women will be able to relate.
Speaker 4: Craig and Seaford, Good morning, having breakfast with his daughter Charlotte. Good morning, Craig and Charlotte. Good morning from Ozark in Mount Waverley.
Speaker 8: Name or from is it a suburb for a person?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, who knows? Please clarify Ozark? Is that you Dan in Sydney listeners to or the free iHeart platform on his way to ACU for open day prep. Oh, good morning from David and Joel, father and son brackets living the dream and working together making furniture early on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 5: That's so wholesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Karen lying in bed trying to get the energy to get up and go to work.
Speaker 7: You can do it.
Speaker 4: Come on seventy five and easy. Good morning, Christian markin j along truck driver heading into Melbourne today. Morning, Mark morning gang Erica here to drop my two fifteen year old daughters to the opening of the new Sephorah Southland store. Oh no south close to me. That means right, they'll laugh to go there this weekend.
Speaker 8: Jack, You've got no idea it comes to Sephora Mecca.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought those shopping centers shops open at like morning.
Speaker 8: It's a special light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, special, So they're lining up, you reckond y, No they are they Christian. They got there at six twenty am and we were the only ones there.
Speaker 8: It's like catnip to a teenagers.
Speaker 4: For a seven am preview cell Erica World. And that is good mummy morning Christian getting ready for school. That's from James. I don't know if he's a pupil or a teacher, but either way, Good morning James. Christian. I'm lying in bed. Listen today. I'm retired but still wake up at six am like you still when I had a job. That's from Cheryl. And also good morning to Scotty Garbo in Craigieburn Christian. It is my name. I am Ozark, as in the Netflix show. Today we have to do the name games in as in Ozark.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Perhaps what's a sign you're an adult?
Speaker 10: I did catch myself last night, Audrey likes to dawdle in front of the fridge with the doors open, and you know the alarm will be going off and I'll say, this is costing me money?
Speaker 8: Or lights left on, this is costing me money, and I sound like my parents.
Speaker 4: How much do you think it actually does cost? You know, any year.
Speaker 5: Millions, especially with the LED lights. Yeah, so energy saving we cost ten cents.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: The other day, we were driving by ust Macas and I was with my daughter, seventy year old daughter Lois, and she went out, can we get to maccas? And I actually found myself. I found myself saying we have food at home? And I was like, what has happened to me? Old Christian would have gone, let's go to Maccas now, matchually mouthing the words, we have plenty of food at home, young lady.
Speaker 5: We eat an apple.
Speaker 4: Yes. Ria was saying, yesterday, what's the sign you're an adult? Were you and the team we're talking about?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all three of us met Jack and producer Whitney, were all talking about our favorite stretches.
Speaker 4: This is this is adulting, is the fact that you actually not just stretch, but you have your favorite one.
Speaker 5: It's actually teaching rio and hamstring stretch that will also get a video glue as well. At the same time, it was nicer doubler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is your favorite stretch? Rio?
Speaker 3: That one where you lie on your back, you put your leg up to your knee and pull it to real butt stretch.
Speaker 4: So not the pigeon. No, it's like a it's a number four pretzel. Yeah, I think that might be because it's a basically it's an ass stretch, isn't it periformist stretch? I think that is Wow, signs your grund because I'm going to see a chiropractive. Last week, I'd hurt my neck. I had to buy a device to stretch my neck. It is like some medieval torture device, basically some horrible pyramid I jamm into the back of my neck and to have to lie there for ten minutes. It's agony. Literally, it hurts so much. I'm sweating. Is this actually into my spine? Is this good for my does my spine like it?
Speaker 5: I've started to be served that as an online if it kind of looks like a tobler.
Speaker 4: Breaks under it and basically you get it, it's started quite low and it gets higher and higher.
Speaker 5: It looks painful.
Speaker 4: It's so painful. Signs you an adult? You actually have a next stretching device.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I want to empty the dish one shirt and then put the little tablet in before we even refit it so it is ready and primed. I'm going to start doing that, my friend. That is a great one. Another sign you an adult is I only realize the other day how expensive rugs are. Yeah. My wife took me into a rug shop right and I walked out within a minute when I was like, this was this is a love this is a lovely one. So it's just a price for the shop.
Speaker 5: Have you missed a decimal point in the wrong spot?
Speaker 4: What an industry to me? And it must see boon time from rug makers of the world. There's so do you know what right? Have you got any rugs patch?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've got because we've got like wooden floors, papes of rugs and they are very prim.
Speaker 4: To ANKO do them. It came out there must be cheap. I a critic thing I can get.
Speaker 5: Because they seem easy to make because there's it's such just a big square.
Speaker 7: Not just that.
Speaker 4: It was a massive square shat and it was like thread bear like worn out. It was hardly kind of distress styles. I'll take this one off. There thousands of this thing. There's so much money, all right, signs you an adult? Nine four one four one four three, Good morning, Jackie.
Speaker 14: Hey, how you going?
Speaker 4: We're good, Jackie, welcome to the show. So signs you an adult? What's it for you, Jackie?
Speaker 15: Embarrassingly, my friend came over.
Speaker 16: For a ketch up and I gave her a bag of guard including when she.
Speaker 13: Was leaving, we were happily seeking out and cutting guarden clussing.
Speaker 4: That is high level adult in that. I think a couple of years away from that, but that is very very that's good behavior, Jackie. Thank you very much for hell.
Speaker 5: I've actually got a bag of lemons for Pizzi in my car.
Speaker 4: I'll bring up these big old canniball lemons.
Speaker 5: I got a text from him last night saying I need a restuff of the lemons.
Speaker 8: I'll do like once a week on a Thursday, would be.
Speaker 4: Great, jack And do you what are you doing with them? Pats?
Speaker 10: Well, it puts them in a drink bottle for school with her water. We have it on avocado on the weekends on our toast. We use it in a lot of stuff, a lot of cookies.
Speaker 5: You still really went through those five I gave you absolutely in a week.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 8: It was lemon on toast with the on top of the avocado.
Speaker 4: I understand why a bit sour.
Speaker 8: Sometimes it's beautiful. One avocado of right toast.
Speaker 4: Let's got a Jenny here, come I in Jenny. Hello, Hello, Jenny, so signs joann Ada.
Speaker 17: What's it for you, Jim, I'm going from bum floss knickers to big under chanders and being happy with that.
Speaker 4: Girls, not happeny there frightening anywhere near it. Jack, respectfully, they're going to take the fifth in this one and no comment. So are you talking about those sort of the string I know, I know that is yep, yep, yep, the the the grown up version, the sort of larger, more.
Speaker 13: Comfortable ones and being happy with the decision that.
Speaker 8: Cotton tail.
Speaker 4: That's it. Yeah, there are a form of contraception actually very powerful, very very effective. Jenny, Thank you very much.
Speaker 18: You call the women. That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenny, thank you very much. You care mate, take care you too. Gee. Strings on the radio signs you an adult nine four one O four three. Also, have you got any cheap rugs I can buy discount prices only?
Speaker 6: Please the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for your signs you're an adult? Coming to Kristen. She now looks forward to a nap. Yeah, there was a time when we were way young when that was a form of punishment. The nap used to resist. You used to actually fight your parents physically with fists and legs and knees like UFC to resist the napp. Now you look forward to the that you pray that the nap takes you.
Speaker 5: I scroll past the video of a guy saying that people who nap will actually live longer than those you don't. So now to justify it, Yeah, my mid afternoon twenty minute nap good news.
Speaker 4: Do you nap in the afternoon, Pats?
Speaker 8: I try not to because I can't.
Speaker 10: I wish I could have just like a twenty or thirty minute that just a refresher, Yeah, but it turns into like three or four hours as soon as I.
Speaker 4: Feel, you feel dreadful afterwards, don't you.
Speaker 5: As soon as you go over forty five minutes, you're in a dangerous it's never come back from it.
Speaker 4: It's true. And you shouldn't be allowed around people either, because even my wife will sort of start speaking to me like, oh, if you just how long did you sleep? For an hour? I'll chat you in about eight hours time when you're a bit more human.
Speaker 10: Probably do forty five minutes? Do you sit an alarm for you? Do you have to keep sleeping?
Speaker 4: No? No patcha god you got because anybody thinks you're having your proper nighttime nap and it does not like when you wake up from that. Christian every morning signs you an adult. I go out and flick the little stones and rocks out of my ties before I start driving. My dad used to do it, and that I do it. That's wrong much. I said, you're continuing the legacy father to son. Christian. This is from Rob Lewis, and the sign you're an adult is when you move your dating profile from Tinder to RSVP. Rob Lewis very funny, morning guys. Just a note for Patsy lemon in water. The amounts that Patsy is using can be very acidic on teeth and wear them out.
Speaker 8: Oh dent to spill down the track with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's up on the lemon Juice Patsy The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's play today's brand new golden moment. This is like no other athlete you've heard a story from. So these golden moments have been lovely hearing all these Australian gold medal winners share take us back to various games that they've won. Golden Russell Mark is a very unlikely athlete. Haven't listened to this. I think he actually lives out your way, Patsie, Yeah, sounds like it.
Speaker 11: Christian O'Connell's Golden Moments coming down to the Games in Paris. Russell Mark on winning gold in double trap shooting at the nineteen ninety six Land of Olympic Games.
Speaker 19: Shooting, like any other Olympic event these days, is a fully professional sport.
Speaker 7: It consumed my life.
Speaker 19: I'd won all the other major titles, the Olympics was the last one I needed to win to be the first shooter in history to win all four of the world's majors, and that played on my mind a lot. I did say to the coach of our team today, I will win win the event.
Speaker 7: Pretty much went to plan.
Speaker 20: I went into the final in first place and never lost it. I got into a position where I knew I was going to win because I got that far in front, and to have the last five minutes of the Olympic final in a position where you couldn't lose.
Speaker 7: It was the first time I.
Speaker 20: Looked back into the crowd and back at all the people that had really helped me win the gold medal, but we're.
Speaker 6: Never going to get the recognition.
Speaker 20: They were really openly crying about it. They were quite emotional. It is a team effort. I'm the idiot pulling the trigger, but these guys are the people behind the team. I was really pleasing to see them for five minutes enjoy what was about to unfold. For the last five minutes, I enjoyed the Olympics because up until that stage it's not an enjoyable event.
Speaker 7: Anyone that says to you just go have fun at the Olympics, it's not fun.
Speaker 19: The last shots for fed and this is a tradition in the Australian team that when you become a gold medal that they hoist you on their shoulders.
Speaker 7: I was pretty strong back in those days, so they picked me up.
Speaker 20: I threw the two empty holes that I fired into the crowd.
Speaker 7: Stupidest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 20: I should have kept them because that would have been worth an absolute fortune. It's an interesting time getting on the podium because if you're being really honest with yourself, you're winning for yourself first.
Speaker 7: And when you finally do win, then.
Speaker 20: You think about winning for Australia and the medal tally. But once you get on the dais and hear the anthem, then I think you feel.
Speaker 19: The pride come in from the Australian flag going up the pole.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's not a day I don't think. I think well.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's podcast, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: I've taken Jack, my three year old greyhound, to Bunnings on a lead. He wouldn't fit in the trolley and no one said a word to me. Please to hear that, Nicole, I might hire a wolf and just take it in there. Dare you bunnies? They got a wolf? I can take. There's a test out how a guy who wander around looking for well the rugs they were formim a wolf? All right? Nominative determinism, where is your name directly related to your job Christian. I work in an optometry practice and the lead optimist is called Iris. There you go. Christian, my dentist when I was younger, was a doctor Lipshutz based in Apandale Heights. I think he still might be there. Christian the drummer currently turning with Southern Sons. The drummer is called Pete Drummond. My son's surname Christian is Friar and he is a part time deep fry cook local takeaway simply known as Friar.
Speaker 5: I haven't mentioned Elijah Winnington as well. Yes, yes, in the pool this week.
Speaker 4: My mum rang me last week very excited that there was a man being interviewed from a hospital bed on the BBC News and his name we have photo evidence of this. Right. You might think that this is too cute. Your mum must have been making up. His name is I'm in dabed. He was in a hospital bed being interviewed Jack. You've seen photographic.
Speaker 5: I had to see it because I thought his mum fell for some sort of mean but it is real.
Speaker 4: He's called I'm in the bed and he's a man being interviewed in the bed. All right? Who we got here? Let's go to Tarnia.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Hi guys are going you're good?
Speaker 4: And what is it? Is it your name or somebody know that's related to their job?
Speaker 17: Someone I used to know. My first job was at McDonald's and my store manager's name was Michael Berger.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because I thought you were going to say Michael McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ronald McDonald that one again, Michael Berger.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we call everyone called him Mick. Now I'm called him Michael.
Speaker 4: No, no, Burgers we're called like friar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael's strange.
Speaker 4: Just you understand, Tyler, is that it's the burger, but it's the that is an amazing one. This is what we're talking about. Tyler, Thank you very much. You cal Kylie, good morning.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, Hi Kristin, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going to welcome to the show. So is your name related to your job or it's someone else?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 22: No, no, I was having my first job in labor in eighty two and over the laps t get they called for a doctor.
Speaker 4: Doctor, No way, doctor doctor the news got.
Speaker 5: You sure it wasn't the radio player?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 22: No, no, see Okay to you are I did ask a where?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 4: Doctor doctor. That's a great one. Okay, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Nomative determinism is the theory where your name can sometimes alter and direct the choice you lend up for the work you go into. So far today we've heard from about a McDonald's manager called Michael Berger and a doctor called doctor doctor Christian. My mother's guynecologist was named Dr Pill. The doctor that delivered my last child was Dr Duff. Actually spent you doublef doctor Duff. Chaule Anne. That's incredible. That's an amazing one. Let's get a Donna here. Good morning Donna, Good morning, Hi guys, morning Donna.
Speaker 23: My sister used to work for a credit union and her name is Robin Banks. Joke r O B y And thanks, yep she did. People used to you would.
Speaker 4: Not employ that person to work in a financial institution. You were a band loop for business. That's incredible, Donna, thank you very much. You call him. I have a good day. Thank you, Bye morning, Karen, Karen, Yes, yes, that's the spirit morning guy. Someone's on the morning coffee. Yeah, what do you want?
Speaker 5: I haven't either, okay, but remember you called us.
Speaker 4: And Karen and no one as if determinism. Is your name linked to your job or someone you know?
Speaker 17: My boss, someone I know.
Speaker 4: That's Titany's games, Karen, if you go.
Speaker 17: He's a bank manager and his name is Ben Prophet, Ben.
Speaker 4: Prophets again a bad look for h Yeah, better than Robin Banks.
Speaker 7: Very true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Karen, thank you very much, and Corma, have a good morning you Tuesday. Martin, Hello, hell are you? I'm good Martin? So what is your one?
Speaker 21: It's actually not my given name, it's my surname. My surname is Holden and many years ago obviously not now, but I did work experience at a Holden dealership.
Speaker 4: God it led you there. The name Holden Martine. That's a great one, very funny. Thanks to calling him. I have a good day. Thank you, Die. Is your name a link to your job?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 17: I wasn't sure if you were ready for me?
Speaker 4: This is and six wide open? Why open? Every morning from six.
Speaker 17: I went to see your doctor about my veins. His name was doctor Blood.
Speaker 4: Die. Thank you very much and let's get back Baggy okay, bangy, good morning.
Speaker 23: Good morning.
Speaker 6: My accountant used to the Andrew Fudge.
Speaker 4: Andrew Fudge as in Fudging the.
Speaker 1: Books, Fudging the Boy, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now. Ben texted me saying, my wife's gynecologist is Dr Fiddler, and I test about going. I don't believe any of that. He sent me a link to his LinkedIn page. He actually is a gynecologist here in Melbourne with the surname Fiddler. He is Doctor Fiddler, Christian. I have a dentist who specializes in root canal surgeries. His name is Dr Nevo. Actually an E R v Oh, there's a cardiologist here in Melbourne, Christian Dr Paul Sparks, Christian Jack and Pats good morning. Did want to call him because it's super boring. But my name is Tim and work in Timber. Does that count?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a great one.
Speaker 4: That's not boring. That's up there with Michael Berger, the Marca's manager. Tim and Timber. Hello, Tim and Timber. That's a great one there. Let's take some more for Patsy's news today. Mary Anne, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Marianna. Have you having a good week as well?
Speaker 6: I am yeah?
Speaker 4: And is your name related to your job?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: No, Alvet was called Ray Horsey and he was actually in Werribets.
Speaker 4: Ray Horsey.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's just a great name.
Speaker 4: Amazing Mary Anne. That is a great one. Thank you very much for calling him. Thank you, bye, Jane, Good morning. Every three, isn't it's every three of the Hello Janey, Now it's a good time for me.
Speaker 16: Hi, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 21: How are you Goodne related to some doctors that I previously worked with.
Speaker 16: One was doctor Sickney and the other one was doctor grew Cock.
Speaker 4: Let's not even asking about the last Mobut's just said it hang in any radio airwaves. We don't need to pick that one back up, all right, Jane, thank you very much.
Speaker 16: He welcome by Dean.
Speaker 4: Good morning. Yes, I'm here, Yes, good stuff.
Speaker 13: A little a little while ago, we had problems with pests in our in our home, so we called an exterminator and Peter spot it turned up.
Speaker 4: No, come on, I'm not buying this one. No, there's no way. That was his name, s p Y Ray Harsey. I'll take but not this.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So the game's in Paris, opening so many tomorrow night. We're going to do five degrees of the Olympics. I know he saw only six, but five for the five rings. Oh perfect, that's why I get the microphone. Yeah, all right, So what links you to an Olympia? Nine four one four one four three parts? Have you got anything?
Speaker 7: You have?
Speaker 10: Wangaratta was a massive, massive, massive cycling town. Really good cyclists came out of there. And Dean Woods went to school with one of my brothers. He won gold at the eighty four Summer Olympics in la in one of the pursuit sort of events, and it was massive. We had a big ticket tape parade down the main street.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 10: It was And my dad had trucks, that was his business, and so council hired my dad to put prop deans up on the back of the trailer and we had.
Speaker 8: To decorate the trailer with green and gold.
Speaker 13: School.
Speaker 8: That was massive.
Speaker 4: Rio beny Day goes fy we doesn't talk about his dear public school. Chum row in the runner.
Speaker 3: Rowan Browning in chess club was he he was one hundred meters. He's in one hundred meters sprinting. He made the final last time at Tokyo. I was his year ten debating coach.
Speaker 5: Loaded this guy and he often says in interviews, what you learn from debating you.
Speaker 4: Can transferable skills to the track.
Speaker 3: Absolutely he was. He a great third speaker. Shame to see him going to sprinting. Actually he could have had a great commit in debating.
Speaker 4: What a great roastmaster could have been.
Speaker 5: And did you say it's only technically in this year you're telling me off that he's number sixty five or sixty five going over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he initially didn't make it, and then I think it's like because they only take sixty five people, and then someone got injured and so he was the next one in What do you.
Speaker 4: Mean they only teached sixty five in the meters?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's only I'm not sure if that's.
Speaker 4: The team Australia we might have been tried for. There there's driving around, look at making up numbers. I think they fight sixty five one hundred meters spirits out there? Do you not decide much of South? But why do you here enjoy Paris? Worry about that? All right? Five Degrees of.
Speaker 6: The Olympics Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's good to Sarah here. Good morning, Sarah, welcome to the show. Good morning, all right, five Degrees of separation from you and the Olympics take us there. What have you got?
Speaker 16: So my grandfather, his name was Ronald Hunt. He competed in the nineteen sixty Rome Olympics in freestyle wrestling and he also ran with the Olympic Torch in Braveside for the two thousand Sydney Olympics.
Speaker 4: Legend. That's two great ones there. So he was a wrestler.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so back back in the day they used to have wrestling as an Olympic sport and he competed in the freestyle wrestling for Greco Roman.
Speaker 4: Yeah they still do. Yeah, I remember going to watch it in London twenty twelve. You know they do Greco Roman wrestling very strange.
Speaker 5: Well sport towards freestyle sounds even sounds like MMA.
Speaker 4: Just whatever you want. They're just having the locker rooms. Sarah. That's an amazing one. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 16: No worry, thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Lisa. Now five Degrees of the Olympics.
Speaker 15: Lisa, good morning, Hey Christian, Hi guys, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Were good? Lisa? So what have you got?
Speaker 15: I'm not the athletic side of things, it's more the different sort of angle my mum carried the Sydney two thousand Olympic torch in Ballarat, Victoria.
Speaker 6: Uhha aha.
Speaker 15: It's like an heirloom in our family now, so we're very privileged. Our mum was drawn out of a ballot system. My sister Donna put names for it. It was just about putting down what the person had done in the community. My mom had done quite a bit of community work and lucky mum's name got pulled out. So we got to go along and see her run through, to see a fella out in her own hometown and yeah, it was fantastic.
Speaker 17: Days two year old.
Speaker 15: Had her plastic gold medal around her neck at the time, standing on a box singing events austral Affairs.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely scene you described then, And would they give you like a replica to.
Speaker 18: Keep you do they?
Speaker 15: Actually the guest decommissioned the.
Speaker 5: You can't make you take it.
Speaker 16: You can.
Speaker 5: I'm a barbecue, give us the key back.
Speaker 4: It's around the side commission.
Speaker 15: I did no candle lighting around there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, what you meat talking point? I've got this well, let me smark you up.
Speaker 6: Lisa family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great one, Lisa. Thank you very much to give us a film sharing that.
Speaker 15: Have a great weekend. Guys, take care bye.
Speaker 4: Great weekend almost some guys. One more, one more by Let's get to Karen. Now morning Karen, five degrees of the Olympics.
Speaker 14: Yes, my husband is a remedial message therapist as a second job, and a number of years ago he attended an event in the city that was asked to help out with and he massaged and Amar's thighs.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, funny.
Speaker 14: Caesar on the television, it's always I massaged her thighs.
Speaker 4: Needs a bit of context. So when he says that otherwise it.
Speaker 5: Sounds pervy, especially when it's his quote unquote second jobs is.
Speaker 4: At my job. I just watched YouTube videos. Let's see what's going on here. Karen, Thank you very much, Cort. Let's go to Amna. Good morning, a Mina.
Speaker 18: Good morning.
Speaker 17: So you did say louse. Ian Thought was a wedding guest at the way, being of a friend of a friend.
Speaker 4: Were you at the wedding?
Speaker 17: I was not, So it's an acquaintance.
Speaker 18: She lives in Sydney.
Speaker 17: I'm in Melbourne.
Speaker 16: But yeah, a number of years ago when she got married, Ian Thought was a guest there.
Speaker 4: Awesome Amina, we love loose. That's great. Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You call me the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're doing five Degrees of the Olympics. Christian. I've got a great one for you. I clean Lauren Burn's house every week. Gold medalist in two thousand in Tai Kwon doo. That is huge. Polishing that medal every week every week. Clean it. Die, Good morning, Die, Die, Yes, hello, hello Die, So five degrees Olympics. What have you got?
Speaker 15: My partner just had his knee replaced and the surgeon his name is Sam Patterson and he's one of the awesome sawcem.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a great I love that now doing what a story, Die, that's a great one. Thank you very much for Sharon. Have a good day.
Speaker 15: Thank you bye.
Speaker 4: Annie. Good morning Annie.
Speaker 22: Hello, Hello, Annie, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 14: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, loud and clear. Welcome to the show. So Annie, five degrees in the Olympics.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the lovely Linden Hall.
Speaker 22: Who's there again?
Speaker 16: This Olympics is a third Olympics in the sixteen hundred meters.
Speaker 22: I taught her at Reddle Street Primary.
Speaker 24: School where she went to You her teacher. Yeah teacher, yes, yes, loving all right, Annie, thank you very much.
Speaker 23: You cool, okay, thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you very here. How proud you absolutely you know what I said about pee teachers that anyway, Kerry, Good morning, Carry, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Christian. I was at the races at Oaks Day twenty four years ago with my baby and we were approached by Sandra Sally from Channel ten with Kerry potcast and they put Kerry's medal around my baby in the pram and we were on the news and we got to hold Kerry's medal.
Speaker 4: Oh carry on the show yesterday showing her golden moment from heard that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what was the relevance of the gold medal on a baby?
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 13: They were just talking to her to carry on the news and they wanted someone in the background, so they had my baby in the pram with the medal around her.
Speaker 16: Sleep.
Speaker 4: Kerry won the bloody thing. The baby's done nothing and then show up be born.
Speaker 13: We got good photos, we got good and kinder letty carry carry.
Speaker 4: That's a great story. Carry, thank you very much to give us a call mate, have.
Speaker 14: A good day, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Too, and the squeeze one more before Patsy's headlines. Karen, good morning, Good morning, everybody morning, Karen.
Speaker 18: Okay, so my story is pretty cool. My dad, who's in his early eighties now, he was a boy scout back at the Melbourne nineteen fifty six Olympics, and back then security was pretty heavy. It was my dad and a lot of boy scouts were leading Olympians around the village.
Speaker 15: And my dad got to have one of the gold medals.
Speaker 18: A weightlifter put it around him and apparently that was his excitement. But the whole thing was the security was boy scouts. So it's a bit different from today.
Speaker 4: You are kidding me. Really, the boy scouts were the head of security.
Speaker 18: You know, they were meeting everybody around. So that was pretty.
Speaker 4: Coola got the security badges, you know, that is incredible, Karen, What a great one. Karen, thanks so much. Killed the shot for that, No worries.
Speaker 18: Thanks guys, have a lovely day and you.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're moving on. We've got the headlines on the way. Then a time waster, but I think we're gonna have to go back to us tomorrow. So if you've got any more these are brilliant email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU.
Speaker 6: Thank you The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today on the atwork Time Waste, another chance you to win brilliant streaming service Stan. Can I recommend it enough any day, especially because you've got great comedies on the light Hacks. But we're excited to counter down to the games in Paris and on STAN you got every event add free now adds live and un demand on STAN. In fact, there's already stuff on there because I think the break dancing began Tuesday. They got that one out of the way real early before. Everyone's looking at Paris. All right, start dancing now, but scann with it.
Speaker 5: We want you to be dancing as people.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, Yeah they arrive you know what, he like been dancing for a while. They've also got eight exclusive international channels India, Italy, Germany, Grant's, Greece, UK, Spain and Kiwi's you get a little Kiwi TV. See how the Kiwis are doing out there. How exciting. Forty individual sports channels it's all waiting for you get four replays as well, all on STAN. You can win it today on the atwork Time Waster. Today is world reptile Day, and we are looking for your reptile bands. Reptile bands. What are the lizards listening to? Lizard Skinner silver, Terrapin Lizzy not thin Lizzy, Terrapin Lizzy silver plus. Now, of course, how do you define a reptile?
Speaker 5: Cold blooded?
Speaker 4: That's right? And you know what they love to listen to cold blooded play? Thank you, thank you? Take that. Do you know what Kimodo dragon's favorite imagine? Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Pseudo gecko?
Speaker 4: Very straight?
Speaker 5: There, gold, Tina Turtle, silver, the bear snaked ladies, no bronze, frill neck Lizzo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's yeah, that's yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Gold and Iguana del Rey.
Speaker 4: Oh that's very good. That's gold plus. All right, what have you got there? We're looking for your reptile bands textaman oh four seventy five O three one O four three well mark them for five minutes time, good luck.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time wast Today we're looking for your reptile bands. Best show winds stand streaming for a year. All right, Jack, why don't you and I go to the reptile house?
Speaker 5: Nice and here he is cold blood and friends usually dark isn't it the.
Speaker 4: Real Yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right, just about to see who said that? So dark? All right? Rep tar Bans Metall Iguana Gold's very good start there, Mitch Kid Kroc gold. That's very good. Who's that, Chris Worde Lady Guana Silver, Guana West Silver, puff Tupeche Komodo gold. Sam Marsh, well done for that one, Skink one eighty two gold, Sulcaine, Mondo Kroc silver, Huey Lewis and the Newts. Oh my god, yes, very good. I almost want to see it. That's Toby well done. Puff Dadder, what's daddabout? Puff Daddy? Like a puff adder. It's a very lame British snake. Give you a mild burn, then the mild abrasion. Marvin Gaetor Silver, Perry Kimodo's Silva Beastie BoA's gold. Yes, very good. Rebecca, well done, Midnight Snake Oil. It's Silva boom Crash Cobra gold, Kings of Camee Leon go Yeah, very good. Dell Python and goff Uncle silver plus nine inch snails. Not a reptile, no, come on, Mary red Hot Frilly Nickers. That's very good. Is that Daniel, well done, Red Hot Frilly Nickers is great. Iguanas Marissette go also great. Vicky well done, Crocodile crocodile silver, Yeah, Richard, well done, Cobra womba silver pass and some sous twenty one pythons bronze and croc to hook silver hook. All right, Jackie boy, Who's Western show winning Stan free for a year.
Speaker 5: Congrats to Toby for Huey Lewis and the News.
Speaker 1: Yeah love it, Well done mate, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about tomorrow's show today. Get excited, get ready to be proud Australians because Team Australia will be an action this weekend in the Games in Paris, and that means on this show the gold on his back every time Team Australia win golds and they will be winning this weekend. In the poll, you win prizes all thanks to Ianes and Mosh cleaning up the gold medals with ian s and Bosh. You have a choice of prizes. Maybe you go for voiceover Guy album. Thanks Christian. Listener.
Speaker 25: The power is in your hands and with great power comes great responsibility. Are you sick of waiting for your clothes to go from filthy to fabulous. Then say hello to your new best friend, the Bosh nine kilogram front load washing machine featuring extra large monitor, Stay of the Art, Addie vibration technology and the Eco Silence Ultrack quiet motor.
Speaker 4: But walk around the store watster over in the corner. Maybe you want this any and us?
Speaker 25: Or is your dishwasher so loud you feel like you're in a kiss concert every time you put a load on.
Speaker 26: Then say hello to a new world of peace and quiet with the Boss Series six stayless steel free standing dishwasher featuring Oh Whisper, quiet washed that never goes about forty four decibels, active water technology and phone drive dish results.
Speaker 4: The choice is your Wow, some big choices are going to be made next week. Our choices are coming your way also on tomorrow's show that we want more of these. These are remains they we're talking about names that are related to jobs.
Speaker 17: My first job was at McDonald's and my store manager's name was Michael Berger. We called him Mick. My sister used to.
Speaker 23: Work for a credit union and her name is Robin Banks.
Speaker 22: I was having my first child and over the laps they get they called for a doctor. Doctor, do okay to you? I did ask around.
Speaker 21: My surname is Holden and many years ago so I did work experience at a Holden dealership.
Speaker 17: I went to see a doctor about my veins.
Speaker 13: His name was doctor Blood.
Speaker 17: I never went back.
Speaker 6: Chillie The Christian O'Connell Show podcast