Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Common Show podcast, first of August. Today you can fil Spring is in the air, tell it what's also coming around very soon in a couple of weeks time, four weeks time. Father's Day. Yesterday, I was in war Worths and I saw some of them made me sad. Actually it made this dad's heart break I love all worse. O kay. However, they had this pathetic, tiny, tiny stand shoved weather just by the trolleys. Right, that's sort of sort of like it looked like someone had a meeting. And hey, guys, just don't forget the calendar. It's this year. September third is Father's Day. I guess we put something out, shouldn't we In one of the ours, No, just buy the teals by the trolley, so no noisies, just shove it there. You know. It's just actually quite hard to get through. You know there's that community notice board. Shove it by that.
Speaker 2: So only people who've already done this show way.
Speaker 1: But not even by the newspapers. And an after afterthought it was lit. There must have been about eight cards. You know. It's like the old classic wooden cricket bat old sports car a puppy, and it's like, this is what we think they like, these mysterious sent people, sad man in the corner in the Mother's day. It's an aisle. There's like flowers, there's chocolates, there's all kinds of beautiful array of colors and different options.
Speaker 2: I saw you put the photo and it's not even on a it's not even a human height. It's on the ground, on a stand.
Speaker 1: Down by the dirts where we belong. When I got home, right, I showed my daughters I thought they care about right, I said, look at this, you know, I said, this is a non event Father's Day, my fifteen year old, it's very politically active. Goes to me. When you're a man, every day's Father's Day. Oh yeah, I'll go back in. You're right, they shouldn't know any of the guys. Well, what's this stuff doing here? Anyway? I've had enough this year. We need to do something for Father's Day. For this is your first one as.
Speaker 2: A day, you'll be my first one. And I did make a big fuss, happily made a big fust in Mother's Day. I would love to make a big faster Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the thing about Father's Day that I've noticed. So Mother's Day this year my mother in law, we took my mother in law out and my wife's it's like two generations of mum's and the restaurant was heaving. They literally had a waiting list to even getting the same with other restaurants. It's a big thing taking in Mother's Day out for lunch or dinner as well. Right, you look around on Father's Day, just cast your mind back. It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: They probably don't even have to take bookings like.
Speaker 1: Today, where we're just going to shut it down. It's the deadest day of the year. It's not such a thing is taking it out. I don't know whether they think we wouldn't want to be taken out. We're like, oh, take away or this makes food this year, we say no, I'm looking for venues. That's what I'm going to do this week to actually have. We should throw our own Father's Day lunch, well one other dance to come along, be taken along who don't normally get taken out, bring your dad along, perfect and have our own lunch where that's what I'm actually gonna have. The only way this lappen is we're gonna have to book our own lunches.
Speaker 2: Dad's first Father's Day line that could be called.
Speaker 1: I've never gone out for Father's Day eighteen years, have been a father, never gone out for dinner ever, So we're not allowed to be showing out on that day, the shame of it. So we need venue. So there's any venues that would like to host our special Father's Day lunch. I think it's Sunday September? Is it the third? It'scially the first Sunday in September.
Speaker 2: See usually you don't know. Not lots of shrugging going on.
Speaker 1: In fact, the international symbol for Father's Day should just be a shrug. Do we think he'd like that?
Speaker 2: Sunday fourth of September?
Speaker 1: There, it is right, I need a venue for a lunch.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast