Speaker 1: Laura and come on, hello, Thursday's been Thursday all day.
Speaker 2: She's all right, matey, sorry, what's up?
Speaker 3: You really happy to be here?
Speaker 4: Well? No, that actually was the opposite.
Speaker 2: We were like, whoa, You're like, oh, did it come out that way?
Speaker 5: You know sometimes when you say things and you the tone is not how you actually feel, like, I didn't match my excitement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's a shovel if you want to keep digging your hole anyway. On Better News, Britney Spears book came out.
Speaker 6: Brittany Is she's an author. Although Caspar wrote that book Let's.
Speaker 4: Be read in Me she I'm going to make an assumption that she had a ghost writer help her out with it.
Speaker 6: Of course she had a ghost writer. Have you seen her Instagram caption? She speaks in emoji.
Speaker 3: The entire book is just written in emotion.
Speaker 2: I've read a lot.
Speaker 4: Of punctuation or Yeah, she definitely didn't write it.
Speaker 5: Whoever wrote it wrote it. But like, her story is amazing. I actually can't wait to get my hands on this book. Like the story around her conservatorship. It's the first time that she's actually had a voice and been able to speak in the last of fifteen years.
Speaker 3: I think I am so excited.
Speaker 4: To read this.
Speaker 2: No, I agree.
Speaker 6: Also, I was reading today on the way in she like opens up about her breakup with Justin Timberlake and goes into the text between them and how he broke up with her via text.
Speaker 4: Well, he literally just sent two words. He texted her and said it's over.
Speaker 2: That is it?
Speaker 5: Just because you know she had been cheating, but also apparently he was cheating on her ol.
Speaker 3: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get my hands on anyway.
Speaker 5: I mean, like quite the little pickle dickle. I'm sure there'll be a few pickle dickle. Well, you know, when you look at her life, there's all these questions. There's all these unanswered things, kind of like what we do here?
Speaker 2: You never said.
Speaker 5: What I was trying to get to is that we haven't asked gun cut coming up? Is there ever a time when it is okay to be friends with an ex?
Speaker 6: Big questions being tackled today, welcome to the pickup. It is time for us to do this ask.
Speaker 5: So Ask un Cut is a segment we do on Life on Cut where you guys call in with your deep You're dark and your burning problems and we get you to call up on a Thursday and tell us what's going on in your lives.
Speaker 3: Now. This week, we have a caller.
Speaker 5: Her name is Mandy, and she wants to know whether she should be friends with her ex. Oh classic, Mandy, Welcome to the pick up amens.
Speaker 7: Hi, how are you going guys?
Speaker 4: Hi? Mandy set the scene for us. What do you got going on?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: My partner and I were together for six years, very young. Got together were seventeen sixteen I think, and earlier this year we decided to part ways. He ended it, but it was very mutual. Unfortunately, things got we got very comfortable with each other, kind of stopped trying in the relationship because we've got very comfortable. Yeah yeah, and we're young. Yeah, of course have experienced things. But we did the breakup. It was very hard, you know, feel very much in love with each other because nothing really happens. However, we've kind of just become friends again after, like we mended our broken heart and now.
Speaker 8: Our friends again. And he.
Speaker 7: Still sees the future with me, which is really hard to hear. But he doesn't want it now, he wants it in the future.
Speaker 5: So absolutely, do you want to be with him now, like, do you want to get back together or do you not want to be with him?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: And no.
Speaker 4: Just to get it clear, is he saying to you, you're the person for me and I want to be with you, just not now.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he's saying like he's not saying it in a proud way. He's saying it in like a hurts heart kind of way. He's saying, like, I see you as being my wife and the mother of my kids. But because we're twenty two and twenty three, he just thinks that, And there is merit and what he's saying, but he just thinks that being separate for a little bit more longer would work to our favor. But I'm like, no, I just why are we torturing ourselves?
Speaker 6: This is essentially exactly the same as the breakup I've just been through. Five years, we've been together, we've been apart six months, and we toyed back and forth, going should we or should we not get back together? And I was so close to and the best thing I ever did was not biting the bullet. You need more time to learn about yourself. Have you dated anyone else in your life?
Speaker 7: May No, I haven't I haven't yet because I thought that I'm not open to it it. I've just enjoyed being single.
Speaker 5: I also think Mandy at this point in time, I think that's really hard is when you're friends with an ex who you still have a lot of feelings for, who you're saying, oh, one day we're going to be back together. It means you're not in any way open to meeting someone new. Yeah, so you're not really doing single properly. You're kind of doing You've got one foot in one camp and one foot in the other camp, And I guess the.
Speaker 3: Issue is is where are his feet?
Speaker 5: Because if he's dating other people, if he's exploring other things, it just feels like an opportunity for you to get hurt all over again, for him to break your heart a second time.
Speaker 4: I actually get what he's saying though, in all honesty. I remember I was in a relationship for like eight years with someone I loved so much and exactly the same thing. We were just young because we were only like sixteen. Mandy and I remember saying, Me saying, we both said it to each other. We we know we're going to be together forever, but we need to go and explore and do our own thing, and I think that your partner, your your ex boyfriend. Sorry, I think he genuinely believes that because he does love you, but he obviously really wants to have some life experiences and not in the process, So I don't think he's actually been a dickhead about it. I think he genuinely thinks you guys are going to come back full circle. Maybe you will, maybe you won't.
Speaker 5: Don't put your life on hold waiting for something that might be because all you're doing is wasting time that you could be investing in something else or someone else you're meant to.
Speaker 4: It'll be time.
Speaker 2: Mandy. Hope that helps all right, Thank you guys.
Speaker 6: If you have a question, you want us to help me with the pickup dot com dot au rite and you can dms on the pickup on Instagram as well.
Speaker 4: Well. Speaking of the death of that relationship, I'm going to talk about a funeral of a different kind.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't die, it's just the relationship died. It's on life support that relation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's switching it off. It's gonna it's she's switching off. No, I want to talk to you about a funeral. Did you know you could go to a funeral and walk away with a car? Well, I'm going to tell you about it. I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 2: Laura, tell us next, I will. All right, it's one of those massive ones.
Speaker 6: As a coffin in the bats, a meat raffle, the hers snags on the pickup.
Speaker 4: Now, where do you think to go to when you want to get a new car?
Speaker 2: You like a car dealership?
Speaker 4: Car sales makes sense, right, Well, there is a woman that, possibly, I don't know if it's going to take off, could be starting a new trend. Her name is Diane Sweeney and she unfortunately passed away. She didn't have kids and she never got married, so she was apparently just a very kind, loving person. Before she passed away, she went to her nephew and she said, Hey, I have a dying wish. I want somebody at my funeral to win my car. Now, it doesn't matter who the person was, they don't have she doesn't have to know them. She wants to put this call out to every stringer. So this call out went to the news and went on social media. It literally made TV newspapers everywhere, and all you had to do was anyone could go to Diane's funeral on the day, you would get a raffle ticket and you would win her two thousand and sixteen silver Beetle.
Speaker 2: I take back everything I said about her. That is iconic.
Speaker 5: What a great way of really drumming up the attendance that you don't know many people, but they're all going to be there.
Speaker 2: Win my car. So it's like a chuck raffle.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's a sixteen year old girl, Gabriella Bonen, who saw it on the news and she was like, I'm sixteen, I want a car. So she begged her older sister to take her to the funeral. She went to the funeral and she said it was amazing. She said it was a lovely funeral. Diane seems like a lovely person. She got a raffle ticket. She moved on with the life. She didn't win right a year later, because that's how long apparently it took to put all of Diane's possessions into order and sought everything out. A year later, they called on they said, your raffle ticket won the car, and they gave her the car. Wow is that from the graver? A year later, Diane passed on a car to a sixteen year old girl. Very very random, unusual funeral processions. But I'm about it. Well, I read you in your car when you died.
Speaker 6: Well, I just quickly I need to ask thirteen one six five? Did you have an odd funeral request? Or is it a family member that died?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh, we've got a call coming in from Heaven's Gates and a couple from Hell. No, is there someone in your family that had non requests? I just feel like there'd be some some good calls over there. Yeah, I catch what happened.
Speaker 8: The lady who somebody passed away? She knew her life was coming to an end and had caught a few things in place. And one strange thing that happened. As the curtain closed and the coffin went down that almost conveyor belt towards the flames. During her survey, the screen came up with the words to a song sang by Cliff Richard. I don't know if you guys know Cliff Richard going on a summer holiday holiday.
Speaker 6: Oh well yeah, yeah, okay, So this played and the coffin was taken into the into the ether.
Speaker 2: What happened it's.
Speaker 4: Taking into the flames and she's playing.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 3: She's got a dark sense of human that lady.
Speaker 8: There was a few of us there and there was a lot of people getting up and singing and dancing along to the words love.
Speaker 6: Look at it.
Speaker 4: It's pretty hot in that kiln.
Speaker 8: So you know, we get it for our holiday's blesser.
Speaker 6: That's really funny, that's great, okay, I steff on thirteen one of sixty five.
Speaker 2: Hey, what was your odd funeral request? So?
Speaker 10: My grandfather was obsessed with Milo, had a milo Is every single night before che all like and like going over there to visit. It was just it was Milo on the menu all the time anyway. So his wish was that when he was cremated that he would get put into a Milo can.
Speaker 4: But what happens if somebody doesn't know it's his ashes and goes to sprinkle Milo on them.
Speaker 3: I think you figure it out when you opened it up.
Speaker 4: We figure out when you drunk it.
Speaker 10: You it wasn't kept in the pantry, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: I can what would you guys want to be? What's your odd funeral request? Do you three have any?
Speaker 5: Do you I want everyone to walk in have a Margarita, just have it late at night because I hate Margareitas.
Speaker 3: Well you can have well, that's assuming that you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I want my laugh played on repeat the whole time.
Speaker 2: That'll kill me at your funeral.
Speaker 4: That's what it's for you, So it just burnt into your memory for the rest of example.
Speaker 6: I want to have open cars get and I want a full face of makeup, just for a while, dressed in drag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drag, full head to toe drag. I'm not dying anytime soon. All right, everybody next on.
Speaker 6: The show, I or say it with me. Single, I've been on another date. The last one was ruined by you two. But you'll never believe my own blood have ruined my most recent date.
Speaker 5: You need to stop blaming other people for your poor dating. One common denominator in this.
Speaker 6: Year, well no, no, no, there's a new one LTNX on the pickup. Earlier in the week, I was telling you about a date that I set up when we were in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Ruined foiled like Scooby Doo by Britain. Laura.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 5: When you say we ruined your date, that would insinuate that we came to a restaurant, and we sabotaged it. When you invite your dates to our live show and don't actually meet them first or have anything to do with them, we can't possibly ruin your date.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: I'd kill to get to restaurant, Laura, But I can't get my dates past the first da correct because you keep ruining it, And now everyone in my life wants to sabotage my life.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, we're seriously, we're very good friends were here for you.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Thanks so convincing my best friends foiled my date. So you know what, I thought, the only save haven to date is my house, because.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a good first date, doesn't.
Speaker 6: I live at home with my mum and dad and my sister, my gorgeous sister.
Speaker 4: Right. Part of that sentence was that your safe.
Speaker 6: Haven is the thing my parents went out for dinner. So I thought, great, I'll invite this guy over that I've been seeing. He's gorgeous, he's lovely. We've been on about ten dates. Now, you know, it's like a kind of a situation steady gone steady. So I come over to my house. My parents aren't home, fantastic. I invite him over. I go, do you want to come down to my bedroom? So he comes out of my bedroom.
Speaker 3: We put on a.
Speaker 6: It is, We order a pizza and we sit on my bed cross legged, and I want the crumbs to get into the bed, so I had to put details down.
Speaker 2: Actually wasn't very romantic.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, and like our feet were kind of touching when we were crossed.
Speaker 3: It's how you're flirting with you.
Speaker 2: I bought the pizza, so it was a power.
Speaker 4: I also love that Mitch things his dates don't work because of us, But I think.
Speaker 3: We figured out the real source.
Speaker 6: He's what happened. We put the pizza of the side. Then we're on the bed where chatting, we're talking. Things started to get heated. I go, I'm gonna make a move. I'm try and kiss this guy. And we kissed before, so it's not a first kiss. It's fine. So as I lean into kiss on my bed, it's quite a mattress for a comfy and I lean over and then I hear fee five fig bang. I hear like we're a haunted mansion chucking. My house door is directly above my bedroom, very thin flourboards in this old family home, as is my childhood home I grew up. I got pubes in that bed the boy. My parents arrived home early, and I was gracious enough to say, I've got someone over Jesse f y. I didn't realize that the four boards were so way for thin that we could hear the conversation that they were having above us. So here I am intertwined with this guy with a pizza, and I hear my dad go.
Speaker 2: Michell, the boy steal here. My sister, she's the town crier.
Speaker 3: They're in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Mum goes, did you him close? She goes, look, I did. He's quite he's actually good looking. And I'm going I'm so sorry, just like, why don't we put some music on?
Speaker 6: And then he's going, no, I want to listen to this two weekday again my family, And my dad goes, what don't we at the door? I'm not you know my parents, you know that's right up the alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then to make things worse, you know what he says, he goes, oh, the brunette one. And then and then Masius goes, no, it's not it's the blonde one. Dad goes with the blue eyes.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: Was it either of them?
Speaker 2: No, it was a new one.
Speaker 6: So this guy sitting in my bed going, am I fourth of the week.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at it?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's too good at it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what did he think he was going to hear?
Speaker 4: I have an idea move out of your family home.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably gonna start with dinner and then move out there.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks guys, listen next on the show. If you want a thousand dollars to spend a Target go on a little shopping spree ahead of Christmas. All you need to do is tell us what this present is. Target of SENTI us what is this?
Speaker 2: Tell us? Next?
Speaker 6: Thousand bucks is yours on the pickup. As you know, all week we have been teasing the big box that we've got in front of us in the studio, sent to us by Target.
Speaker 3: One thousand buckaroos.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've got a thousand dollars cash ready for Christmas for you to spend, all thanks to Target. You just need to tell us what is inside the big Target present.
Speaker 5: Now, we don't know what's in the present, but you know what's in the present.
Speaker 2: Mitch, Well, I've got the present in front of me.
Speaker 4: Can you can you give us another reminder of what it is.
Speaker 6: Let me get it. It's under the desks. They hit it.
Speaker 4: Well, we have been looking for it. We actually couldn't find it. Hang on, Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's on the table.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to touch the toy. What is in the present.
Speaker 5: Look, I think we've all got a good idea, but you want specifics and the specifics that you want to sow specific that it actually makes it really hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not as easy as you think, because it can't be that easy to in a thousand dollar gift card. All right, Like you've got to make it a little bit difficult.
Speaker 6: It's a thousand dollar Target gift card on thirteen one o six five. What is in the present Casey? What do you think?
Speaker 9: Okay? So I think it is one of those like rubber duck water toys, like one of those baby toys they.
Speaker 10: Have in the bar.
Speaker 3: So we think it's for a kid.
Speaker 4: That is what I actually guessed myself. I guessed a rubber Ducky, and Mitch the answer was.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 6: It is a toy of sorts, but unfortunately I can't accept rubber duck.
Speaker 2: So that was a good guess, a good issues.
Speaker 6: Everyone's getting closer. You're in the same ballpark, but I need specifics and you'll kick yourself because I'm giving you so many clues?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: I feel like you're giving a week You've done nothing except open about how many clues?
Speaker 2: Oh, Amanda, I'm thirteen one O six five? What is in my present?
Speaker 11: How are you going a hybrid?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: Amanda? What do you reckon this little squeak?
Speaker 11: So my guess was, Oh, it's tricky. A Christmas stocking for a pet like a dog filled with toys, little doggy toys.
Speaker 2: Or hold on to that dog broad dog toys.
Speaker 11: Okay, So a Christmas stocking for a dog filled with doggy toys like a squeaky toy.
Speaker 2: A Christmas stocking but in it is a normal dog toy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the closest we've been.
Speaker 6: But it's like you're Amanda, that is so close. But unfortunately no dies.
Speaker 5: Really making it so hard for them. Listen, Target said to me, don't make it easy, don't make it ease.
Speaker 6: They said, make it hard. We want this thousand dog gift God to go to someone that earns it. Sarah thirteen, one or six. We're going to keep going until someone can identify.
Speaker 4: This because I can't listen to this squeak forever.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is, Brittany?
Speaker 9: Hello, I think it might be one of the Christmas pit toys.
Speaker 4: A Christmas pet toy.
Speaker 6: So so Amanda just said it was a standard pet toy in a Christmas stocking. You think it's a pet toy designed around Christmas theme.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got little Fanta.
Speaker 4: Have you got it there?
Speaker 5: Can?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 3: You show sure?
Speaker 9: Can?
Speaker 6: Let me just press it one more time and we pull it out of the box everybody to reveal to you that it is, in fact, it's a Christmas dock, a dollar gift card the target.
Speaker 5: Sarah, that is so exciting.
Speaker 9: It is so cool.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I probably will.
Speaker 2: I told you that's so exciting specific Christmas.
Speaker 5: You're going to be kicking yourself. It was the caller before though it was very close.
Speaker 6: She was because she said a Christmas stocking with normal pet toys, and I was giving clues the whole time Christmas music.
Speaker 3: That is very Mitch.
Speaker 4: You're a bit of a ball.
Speaker 2: But do you say bable breaker? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't think Sarah's complaining because she's walking away with a thousand dollars Target gift cut.
Speaker 6: Well done, Sarah, I would not be spending down on the dog so fine, from the decorations to the tree, to everything underneath it, from the first gift to the last guest when Christmas comes.
Speaker 2: Australia loves Target all the way. We really do. Target's great, isn't it just?
Speaker 3: I would be spending that on myself though, Oh totally.
Speaker 2: Sarah's actually got on you girls.
Speaker 3: I'll spend it on my children.
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Can you still be friends with your ex? That's a conversation we tackled.
Speaker 5: Earlier today, and I mean now Mitch is still single since he's had horrible dates with his.
Speaker 4: Parents that Ariana Grande would see.
Speaker 2: Thank you X.
Speaker 4: Can you be friends with your ex?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Anyway, all right, see it tomorrow. Run's app.