Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian no Common show podcast.
Speaker 2: What a treat?
Speaker 3: Then a brilliant stand up comedian. Irish comedian Dara O'Brien is here in Melbourne tonight. He's at the Arts Center Melbourne, is playing Hamer Hall. He's played him many times over the years. Some of you might know there's a fantastic British weekly comedy show called Mock the Week. Dara has been the outstanding host over the last fifteen years for that. So I'm not the only fan of Dara O'Brien around the world. My dad's a huge fan. Last year I got on tickets to go and see Dara's show that you can see tonight.
Speaker 2: Dara.
Speaker 3: Before we actually catch up, I need to apologize because I know my dad actually became part of your show last year.
Speaker 1: Does a man in the audience I'm working the room boom, what do you do?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: Wow? I go, hey, what's your name? Your father's name is Liam, Liam with Liam? How a you Liam? And then Liam Stufton goes wait, I said, what, I'm Christian O'Connell's dad and the offer of this is as possibly is a human shield?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: You know my son socally stopped you dead in your flow and try it.
Speaker 1: Brought unnecessary information.
Speaker 2: That is my dad, that's my relationship my dad. That's a kid.
Speaker 1: You'd be like if you're gone, I know your mother and I go, she's not here. This isn't helping the show.
Speaker 3: I know you turned fifty last year. I hit fifty this year. How are your fifties treating you?
Speaker 1: I'm okay with fifty. I mean I liked fifty as a number because there's a solid yes, yeah, it's an Innings forty. It stopped me having a party, and the COVID thing because of the timing of us meant we could have a bash. Because I really want to make a speech of fifty, because I think the speech of fifty is probably the last unconditionally great speech you can make. Because the speech is sixty.
Speaker 2: What's what's going to happen at sixty?
Speaker 1: Somewhere at some point you're turning to a different woman and going, hey, just wanted to hank you, you know, I want to. I want to think that Roras has been with meting some difficult times, you know, but I think fifty is the last clear it's all been great. Can we just count bank, So tell me about the new show.
Speaker 2: Then you're.
Speaker 1: The show is actually show's got a story to it. The show's got a real kind of a bit of a hard to other thing to it because normally come my hair with the bang bang bang and the funny, funny, funny and there's loads of that.
Speaker 3: I just called the next show that by the way, bang bang bang with the funny, funny, funny.
Speaker 1: Musical, honestly, because this one has a kind of a you know, there's a bit of a kind of emotional thing with Dli. The family story. It's an adoption story to finding.
Speaker 2: So you are you now talking about that? I know you're talking about that.
Speaker 1: And it turned out to be when I did the whole thing trying to be an amazing story, these little weird twists and stuff like that, like there, and so it trying to be really interesting to do this because.
Speaker 3: So if people don't know anything about it, you just southing amazing. Is it going to give anything away from the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let me hold back the thing from within it. But like I did do the search for all that, like.
Speaker 2: And they're going to wonder what you're searching for, the search for cant.
Speaker 1: No no, for myself. I turned out I was there all along. It was for for my birth mother.
Speaker 2: And what made you do it? Was it turning a certain age or heading stain angel?
Speaker 1: Just something you felt like weirdly, they went to see a film. I went to see Philamine Steve Cogan, Steve Coogan film Beautiful about about the mother who gave the child up never knew what happened. So you want to find out your biological mother's version of the story. Yeah, no, No more than I wanted to just let her know that it was okay. Oh wow, worked out all right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely I'm going to come along and see the show. I really want to hear the full story. Tar, It's an amazing thing to do.
Speaker 1: I'd love you to have you there. And then the father.
Speaker 2: Sit in the front road, you know my dad, you know, just see.
Speaker 1: You high fiving your father across the globe. Boom screwed him up both times.
Speaker 2: Darl, Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 1: An absolute pleasure. Yes, honestly, I love going back to I've been doing this for twenty years. I adored like whatever I want, just another brilliant night now. But I'm really looking forward to awesome.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian Call Show podcast