Speaker 1: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials who.
Speaker 3: Want financial freedom.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another one of our Friday Drinks episodes from Lockdown once again, where we get to celebrate the money wins from our She's on the Money community. As we all know, there are heaps, literally hundreds, and I would almost say thousands of money winds shared in our community each and every single week, and now is the time for us to make them shine so tony before we jump into the winds this week, can you tell us what happened on Monday's Money Diary.
Speaker 4: Our money diarist this week shared her journey from coming from South America to a US Australia and how she's got limitations on how much she can work on her visa while she's in OZ and just talked about kind of some ways that you can try and get through the visa process if it's something you're looking into or you've done it before. I think it was a really good one because we had quite a few messages of people saying they related to that, or they'd looked at moving overseas or moving to Australia and had kind of been through a similar process, and I think it was a nice different one that got a lot of people in the heart because she could only work a few hours a week and stuff, and even though she used to earn an exorbitant amount of money per year USD, then moving here can only work twenty hours a week.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was a really good one.
Speaker 5: Sep be insightful, hey into something that obviously I personally have never experienced. I found that diary really interesting.
Speaker 6: In my course at Melbourne UNI, we have lots of international students and same thing. You kind of just assume like, oh, you can do a summer internship and they're like, oh, but we're not allowed to work more than twenty hours a week, so it's pretty NiCd yah. Even though it's for four weeks of the year, they're still not allowed to do it. And a lot of students will work crazy hours in the UNI breaks so then they can, but they can't do that because of that twenty hour limit, so it actually is pretty inflexible and it makes it really tricky. So yeah, I hear lots of stories like that and it was great to get a bit more insight on Monday.
Speaker 2: It's so nice that our community want to share that stuff with us too, because that's that's something that they didn't have to take the time to share. Like it was an arduous story, like it was hard to tell, Like there's a lot of parts to it, and like I think that Tony and I really appreciated the intricacy of the story as well, because we've got to understand like, well, how did you make money and what were you earning before and what are you earning now? And it was just like, Wow, she's achieved so much. And from my perspective, I've only ever learned about international students just by you know, being with them in class and like having chats and you're not going to turn to your peers and go, hey, Ryan, how do you afford UNI?
Speaker 7: Like that is that something I shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 2: Of all people, you'd get away with it, but it's just not something that I'd had the conversation about. And I just feel like that's a really special position to be in, to be given the intricate details to go, wow, that actually would be such a struggle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And also to hear that she has to pay for all of her UNI upfront, but has to keep doing courses to keep her visa, you know, legitimate, And it was just it was really interesting because I mean I never had to go through any of that, and it was just quite an eye opening story. So it was nice to hear that the community really resonated with it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it, And you know what else, I loved Wednesday's episode, So jess what happened on Wednesday?
Speaker 5: On Wednesday, you and George spoke all about teaching kids about money, because we've kind of come to these places where our community has learned so much ourselves, and we know that a huge portion of our community have families or nieces or nephews or brothers and sisters that they want to pass that information onto, but obviously it's a little more challenging to scale it back so that it's consumable for a child. So we spoke about a few different ways that you can kind of teach the value of money and saving, and there's a really good thread. We post a wrap of the podcast every week in the Facebook group and we ask for people to share their own suggestions of how they've taught their kids, and there was some really, really great ideas on there as well, and it pairs nicely because quite a while ago now, we actually did an episode on investing for kids, and that's something else that kind of comes up hand in hand. But there's no point necessarily investing if you don't teach your kids and the value of money. At least that's kind of how I feel. Because you can lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink. And you know, it's awesome that people want to put together these great portfolios and set their kids up, but if they don't understand the value of what you're essentially gifting them, you know, is that a little bit you know, over their heads or wasted. So it's really cool to see these people taking the steps and taking the time to make sure that the next generation is going to be so educated and they're going to be so aware and hopefully able to build themselves these really amazing lives that we all dream of, hopefully.
Speaker 2: And I think that that was my favorite part of the episode because a lot of learning actually comes from our own experiences and us actually being really good at money. Because kids, and I've said this probably a million times before, but they learn through your actions, So you could sit them down, or I could sit my niece and nephew down and be like, all right, Oscar Georgia, are you ready? This is what compound interest is. Like, I know you're twoing for, but that.
Speaker 3: Is not the point.
Speaker 2: What you're going to do is learn about compound interest, and this is how to evaluate an ETF. This is what an index portfolio is. And I think it's one of those things where it's not about sitting them down and necessarily teaching them, but rather leading by example and showing them what that means and involving them in the household budgeting and grocery shopping and teaching them what money actually looks like. So from my perspective, it's a lot of yeah, cool, let's teach kids about money, but it's also a little bit of a kick in the bottom to go. You need to actually get your stuff together because they're going to learn your habits.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So moving on.
Speaker 2: Every week, Ryan, you tell us your favorite money wins from the She's on the Money community.
Speaker 3: So what have you got for us this week?
Speaker 6: All right, First of all, coming up, there's fake news in these money wins.
Speaker 2: Fake news She's on the Money community is.
Speaker 6: About someone I know, and I hate to point it out, but someone's lying to us, and I'll get to that soon. First of all, Jenna, she said, this morning was the first morning in eight years that I've woken up to zero balance on both my and my husband's credit cards.
Speaker 3: I'm so exciting, She said.
Speaker 6: They've been in debt for eight years, but in the last twenty months they've really knuckled down and made a really conscious effort, and today was that day they woke up zero zero, clean slate. Well done to Jenna and her husband. That's pretty impressive. Now, I've had a few of these recently, and if you don't ask, you don't get. We've always talked about this, Emma said, I've been annoying my boss and operations manager with all my research on why I deserve a five kpay rise. Well, today not only did I get one, but they doubled it and gave me an extra ten thousand dollars, which is nearly twenty one percent, and they backdated it to the start of the financial year when we started having these conversations.
Speaker 3: What I'm mad is awesome. That is exciting.
Speaker 2: Also, props to you on having the confidence to put something together and pitch it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: Now this is pretty crazy, actually, Vanessa said, I woke up this morning and randomly remembered I bought stock six months ago, and I haven't looked at it.
Speaker 7: I haven't checked, totally forgot about it.
Speaker 6: So she picked up her phone and learned that the stock had risen two hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 3: Six months, like a hawk.
Speaker 6: Well it's funny you mentioned hawk because this, I said, tell me more. The stock is called metal Hawk, and I looked it up on Monday. It was worth Just this Monday, it was worth about nineteen cents to share, and I just checked before it's up to eighty cents. So even this week, it's gone from nineteen to eighty. So Vanessa, oh my god, Wow, it's done a delicious surprise.
Speaker 2: How exciting for her.
Speaker 6: Joe, So tell me if this is a thing Joe purchased. It's not Vanilla, but it looks like vanilla vaa l I a yogurt?
Speaker 7: Is that a thing? Yeah, that's exactly what I said.
Speaker 6: Not Vanillia, all right, and she entered the code to win a garment watch. Apparently, you know, it's one of those ends of the codes if you're in, she said. I assumed it was a you go into the draw, but it turns out there's an instant winner every hour and she won a Garmin Venu SQ Music Edition watch, valued at four hundred and twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 5: A Money said, speaking of winning, has McDonald's monopoly got anybody yet? Because but we all know it was getting you, Jess.
Speaker 3: I haven't won anything, but I've put on a lot of watch.
Speaker 5: I actually have gotten to the level of like crazy where I'm joining Facebook groups to try.
Speaker 3: And tell me.
Speaker 5: Killing me?
Speaker 6: All right, can I suggest a thread for next week and for next week's money wins?
Speaker 7: What have you won from McDonald's monopoly, or just what have you won? In general?
Speaker 2: Now? What have you won from McDonald's monopoly?
Speaker 7: Okay's morning here?
Speaker 2: Like the specifics of how that worked and.
Speaker 6: What was going on because every year we all spend thousands of dollars and fifteen kilos of our own into this and who is actually coming out on top.
Speaker 4: This is off topic, but have you guys watched mcmillions, the documentary The Corrupt World of McDonald's Monopoly. It's on I think it's on Binge and little money win. I'm pretty sure that if you're with Telstra you're eligible for like three months of binge at a time and stuff like that. So if you're a Telstra Plus member, definitely have a look into that because you can get some free binge and watch millions. Because it's amazing that.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to win the outdoor barbecue? Is that with this conversation on.
Speaker 2: To barbecue for Jessica, I cannot imagine you're using one.
Speaker 3: We use our barbecue all the time, jes No judgment.
Speaker 5: It's like the Australian dream judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, because I thought the same.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'll never use a barbecue, like maybe once a year if we have friends over and we cooked like sausages or something, but we actually use it all the time.
Speaker 3: It's very handy.
Speaker 4: We want to get the Webber pizza stone.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Thanks. I have to think feel on that.
Speaker 6: Because of the because of the price of property, the Australian dream has been reduced from owning a house to owning aet.
Speaker 3: You're now like, I'll settle for the barbecue.
Speaker 5: It's really fancy. It's like a whole kitchen. Sweet. But anyway, back on topic, Brian, what was the next.
Speaker 3: One, Jessica?
Speaker 2: Next week, let us know what monopoly tile things you need and we'll put a call out to the community. We're going to get this barbecue for you, my love, just like we got you a cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember the time we got you a cat. That's so true.
Speaker 6: Are you ready to hear about the liar that is Tanisha?
Speaker 3: Already?
Speaker 6: Tanisha is lying to all of us. This is fake news. I don't believe a word she said.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, is this you don't believe it or it is legitimate fake news?
Speaker 7: I don't believe it?
Speaker 3: Okay. What was Tanisha's win?
Speaker 6: Tanisha claims that she asked her Jim to cancel her membership and they did it. And I think we can all agree that is ball because that doesn't happen. So bad luck. Good try Tanisha Bailey. Now, Bailey, this is a massive money win. She was on the public weightlist to get a breast reduction and she was almost about to give up because she was on the waitlist for so long. So she met with you know the private route that you have to pay for fifteen thousand dollars and she was just about to fork out the cash. But then she got the call from the public weightlist and I can confirm that she is currently just recovering because she's had the surgery done.
Speaker 7: Everything went well, and so she's.
Speaker 6: Messaging, like I said, resting up, And she said, fifteen thousand dollars save. That's a lot of money I can spend on new bras and new clothes to go with my new boots. So you congradula patients.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe a barbecue. That is not what we are grilling.
Speaker 7: And the final money in this week is from Malanie.
Speaker 6: She said, I started a DIY graphic design business called Canvra and this week it's worth forty billion dollars.
Speaker 7: Hashtag money win. Well done val coventulations of that.
Speaker 6: Mel Perkins, great work mate, congratulations nice all side hustle story.
Speaker 7: Just to spice, is she in it?
Speaker 5: What is she in our community?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think it might be a little joke. Okay, it's like, surely not.
Speaker 6: If every single person in our group had one hundred million dollars each, they still wouldn't be worth collectively as much as Mel Perkins started. It's just seven years ago.
Speaker 5: And if that tap you to just give it a crack.
Speaker 3: That is so inspirational.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you want to start a forty billion dollar business, go for it. If you want a barbecue, go for it. Leave your truth, everyone go for it.
Speaker 5: You guys can leave me one.
Speaker 3: But to go back to her for a hot second.
Speaker 2: She also came out earlier this week and said that her and her business partner are actually planning on donating thirty percent of that income, which is crazy and you often don't see people with such wealth making such public declarations with such high percentages of profit that's going to go to charity. Like we know that Bill Gates donates a lot more, always like oh my gosh, how philanthropic, But it's literally less than one percent of his worth. So I think it's one of those things where you're like, wow, wow, thirty percent. That is huge and something that we absolutely should be celebrating.
Speaker 6: What a legend well done out of Perth that started and now one of the biggest tech companies in the world.
Speaker 2: So get room in perfose. Well, it wasn't just like a little tech company. She was doing it in her bedroom.
Speaker 4: And that's all they say. They go mel Perkins, then they go Tony Lodge. It's like the same breadth.
Speaker 7: Of her.
Speaker 2: Laurright jumping straight back in Tony, you haven't stopped talking about Christmas this week?
Speaker 4: Why so this week we've crossed a huge milestone. It is less than one hundred days till Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'm at it. I know of course Jess is excited. Jess's house is probably already decorated.
Speaker 5: I was looking at Christmas trees online this week.
Speaker 4: So one hundred days to Christmas, which means it's only fourteen weeks away. And I know what you're thinking, it's September. We've got ages, but you actually don't have ages.
Speaker 3: So I've done with the hard hitting truth you don't have ages.
Speaker 4: You don't have it's going to come around in the blink of an eye. We all know what happens every.
Speaker 2: Year, if every year, Yet I am never more prepared.
Speaker 5: If you're paid monthly, it's only three pay days.
Speaker 2: If you're it's even scarier if you're paid.
Speaker 5: Fortnightly at six So it's actually like we need to be thinking about it. If you're one of those people who was not prepared.
Speaker 2: With the train, you start planning what you're getting me for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, actually, now that you mention it what we've done. Jess and I got together, we did some calculations before jumping on today, and we figured out how much extra you need to save for an extra five hundred dollars, thousand dollars two and a half thousand dollars and five thousand dollars for that extra money for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Genius?
Speaker 2: So can we can we get into the nitty gritty of it?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 2: So is this per week saving or per month? How have you guys calculated this?
Speaker 3: I did per week and per fortnight?
Speaker 7: Check you out?
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you would like an extra five hundred dollars for Christmas, you need to save thirty six dollars a week or seventy two dollars a fortnight.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good, not bad.
Speaker 4: So I mean an extra five hundred dollars depending on who you have to buy for, how much you plan on, you know, spending on lunch and things like that. I think of extra five hundred dollars would do wonders for people at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it would. And it's always the small stuff that adds up. And last year we did an episode on this, and I am sure that with Jessica on our team this year, we are going to have an abundance of Christmas episodes coming up.
Speaker 3: But we spoke about all of those.
Speaker 2: Incidental costs at Christmas time. So it's the extra bottle of wine that you take because you're going to your friend's house for dinner, And it's the chop that you buy to make sure that you've got a gift to give somebody, And it's the cost of all the additional things that you've got to buy to have people over to host, like the napkins and the cups and the plates, and even the food is obviously expensive, but five hundred bucks that would do wonders.
Speaker 4: So I also worked out how much you would need to save to have an extra one thousand dollars, and that's you know, that's a lot of money. So that would that would be seventy two dollars per week or one hundred and forty three dollars a fortnight.
Speaker 2: So I got too unreasonable because a lot of people are going to spend that amount come Christmas time. So this is kind of like taking this sting out of.
Speaker 3: It in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that a lot of people is probably this is probably when the more organized people would start thinking about saving for Christmas. I know, I do my Christmas shopping. If I ever actually do Christmas shopping, it's literally always on Christmas Eve or the day before, Like.
Speaker 3: My house is always decorated and all of that.
Speaker 4: But I do Christmas actual present shopping, you know, two days before and all the food. You can only do that two days before, and with that anxiety. I need anxiety a lot, So it is a challenge mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I like that. Sorry, when need wanted that?
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you wanted an extra two and a half thousand dollars, which is all pretty good gifts for your mates, one hundred and seventy nine dollars per week or three hundred and fifty eight dollars a fortnite, which you know, that's a lot of money for people to put away. I don't know a lot of people that could put away one hundred and eighty dollars a week on top of probably what they're already spending or putting away for you know, their bills and fun money and all of that.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But to have an extra two and a half thousand dollars at Christmas if you needed it, you know, if you're buying gifts for your kids and you wanted to spoil them, or if you were hoping to go away for the weekend or something like that, you know you might need a little bit extra in the kiddie.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are traveling at that time of year, and I feel like it's something you forget, Like it's the petrol to drive three hours, you know, down the coast to see your family, or like if you're road tripping it you need to get lunch on the way. Like there's all those little things as well, and like extra two and a half grand like would make a big difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also nice to know that this is how much I could save, so it's not necessarily saying you have to save this so that you spend it.
Speaker 3: Like maybe you.
Speaker 2: Want another two grand before the end of the year, or maybe you haven't been as strict on your savings, or maybe you want to do it, but you actually.
Speaker 3: Don't have that cash flow.
Speaker 2: So you've got more than enough time to do it, Jessica Ricci and really hustle that up and maybe sell some things, and like your goal is there, like one hundred and eighty or two hundred bucks a week to make sure that that goal is met, which is obviously much easier than waiting till Christmas Eve to do your shopping and work out where the budget's coming from. But that could be a fun end of the year challenge.
Speaker 3: For yourself if you wanted to do it.
Speaker 4: And this is a bit of a crazy one, but I thought it is again just a really demonstrator of how you break the money down and actually doesn't seem as out of control. If you wanted an extra five thousand dollars for Christmas, three hundred and fifty eight dollars per week or seven hundred and fifteen dollars a fortnite, which is not doable for most people, myself included. I don't think there are many people that could do that. But when you break it down, it's actually pretty doable to think about that.
Speaker 2: You know that same as much you said five grand I by the end of the year, I'd be like, that's heaps, But like as much as three hundred and fifty bucks a week is a lot of money, Like, if that's in your capacity, it doesn't feel like as much as five grand does.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and I know that I spend money like here and there, spend a little bit of money here or yeah, you grab fuel or buy something for yourself and it doesn't feel like much, but a lot of twenty dollar transactions adds up.
Speaker 3: To heaps of cash.
Speaker 4: So it might be the difference between you know, having a nice dress to wear on Christmas Day versus you know, getting a you McDonald's monopoly token.
Speaker 2: I watched you guys actually spend on Christmas, Like what's reasonable? Because we just went through that and were like, here's an extra five hundred dollars. Also, here's extra five grand. I would never spend five grand at Christmas. I know families do and that's cool, but like, what's reasonable for a gift?
Speaker 3: Tony Jesson Ryan.
Speaker 5: It really depends on the person, like the amount of money that I like. My partner and I are big on Christmas, and I know it kind of goes two ways with partners. Either you just really don't care, or you just want to make something you know, really sentimental and not spend any money, or you like to go all out and our partnership like if you could in Dell, I love special occasions and I love Christmas, and it's just something like as a kid. You know, we were a single income family, and it was always the time of year that we really went all out and my parents worked really hard and they absolutely were putting like fifty bucks away a fortnight or something to have that money at Christmas. And so that's something that I still feel as an adult is I'm like, I'm pretty tie on my budget throughout the year and Christmas all bets are off.
Speaker 3: Special that you've taken that through your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I even with that being said, I don't think it would be all that much then like maybe five to seven hundred, which is still a lot of money. Five to seven hundred dollars is heaps of money, but that would be gifts for like, and I don't do gifts for everybody. It's kind of my really close friend group like family and my partner. And then like, well, I'm grouping you guys in with my friends.
Speaker 2: But like cool, did just see that Tony Ryan, we're friends with jess didn't feel like it doesn't taking it run with it.
Speaker 7: Big as risk there from Jessica Riccy.
Speaker 5: Gifts a little decorating budget and then yeah, like a little extra buffer for like wine or chocolate or like just incidental things like that. But for me, it would definitely be like five to seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Which feels like a lot of money, but it's so quickly.
Speaker 5: I'm really and that's the thing. We're like, oh, like five hundred dollars isn't a lot, but like I definitely want to recognize that that is so much money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely for us.
Speaker 4: Like so both my boyfriend and I's families in Perth, and a few years ago we went to Perth for Christmas and it was definitely around the five or six thousand dollar mark. Yeah, you know for flights to get over there, you know, staying somewhere, and then also you're seeing so many more people, so you're buying presents for that's a week of people, rather than when we're in Melbourne it's just the two of us. We might buy something small for each other and then we normally do like a big orphan Christmas lunch with like our friends that live here that don't have family and which we love. So it's closer to the five hundred dollar mark, and we might do like a Chris Kringle or something for one hundred dollars, So ours is probably closer to five hundred and for us, the seventy two dollars a fortnight is extremely doable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I Bridget and Night never buy each other presents, yeah, and wouldn't spend I don't think i'd buy any presents at Christmas. And the only thing that we'd spend money on would be, like, you know, twenty dollars for like the office.
Speaker 7: Chris Kringle maybe, and it might be And.
Speaker 6: It just occurred to me how wanky I probably sound sometimes, but we would spend a little bit of money just making sure that, like we had a really nice big roast and a nice bottle of wine for lunch on Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: So for us, it would literally just be food and that's it.
Speaker 6: And actually, now that when you mentioned that, my friends have an awphan Christmas on Christmas Night, which is everyone who doesn't have family around just gets together and we usually take it.
Speaker 7: It's almost like a joke present.
Speaker 6: And I always get a bucketo shots Whicheveryone whoever gets that one always hates it and as soon as they open it, they're like, damn it, Bryan.
Speaker 2: But I love that because it's the trashiest gift and I'm sure it's not there by the end of the night.
Speaker 6: It doesn't last very long at all. It's always it's one of those it's always hated. But as you said, Ve doesn't seem to last very long.
Speaker 4: Where do you think you see, Victoria. I know you've got like a big family and you'll love to gift gift, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all I feel like my family's really really generous, but we over the years have realized that it's not feasible for everybody to buy presents. So I'll buy presents for my parents, my sister, and my partner, like non negotiable and in all honesty, I'll probably spend about one hundred dollars each gift, which for my parents feels like a lot. But I really like doing that because I feel like I can get my dad a few New T shirts and like some nice stuff from Country Road, and he always likes that. I can treat mom, I can treat my sister, and then Steve and I don't go like all out with gifts, but I would end up spending maybe one hundred dollars on him, and then on the family side of things, we actually do Chris Kringles, So I'll get one present that I have to buy with a fifth dollar limit for my side for like the bigger family, and then on Steve's side we will get you know, a Chris Kringle about I can't remember. I think it's between fifty and one hundred dollar limit for presents for his side and then one person and then we'll usually buy the kids some small stuff, so it might be, you know, coloring books or something. But in the last two years we've actually implemented a homemade, handmade or second hand gift rule for the kids, So it has to be under fifty bucks and it has to be homemade, hand made or second hand.
Speaker 3: O witch that that's really nice.
Speaker 7: We hand made me.
Speaker 2: What's your Oh, I haven't handmade anything but last year. And this was actually so funny and also so awkward because it ended up in a really big argument with Steve and I. I found on gum tree or Facebook marketplace, can't remember a kid's kitchen.
Speaker 3: And this kid's kitchen was like a pottery bun.
Speaker 2: One was probably like three hundred and fifty bucks to begin with, and it came with all the cups, all the plates, the little kettle like. Additionally, they'd put in there for forty Bucks and this thing was in Fitzroy, right, So we called the guy. He was like, yep, come pick it up, mate. My daughter has it in her room. She's too old for it now. She just wanted to give it to a kid that would actually use it because it was hard for her to separate from it. So like, we're glad that, you know, a little girl and a little boy are getting it.
Speaker 3: So we were stoked.
Speaker 2: But we got there and I said to Steve, and you guys know that my car is tiny.
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, it'll fit in the back. It's a kid's kitchen.
Speaker 2: Turns out it won't fit in the back, And so we got to this guy's place, got the kitchen down from his apartment. You know, he's standing at the front trying to get in the car. No bueno wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 3: So on it pretty much was Christmas eve.
Speaker 2: Steve's wearing an ugly Christmas jumper because we were about to go to a friend's Christmas drinks and he's standing in Fitzroy.
Speaker 3: He's like, you're going to have to go home.
Speaker 2: Switched to my car because he's got a relatively large car and drive back so we can take this thing home. So he had to sit at like six or seven pm Christmas Eve on the street in Fitzroy in an ugly Christmas jumper with this kid's kitchen looking like he was putting DIBs on hard rubbish.
Speaker 3: So it's just really good.
Speaker 2: And now he won't let me live that down and we have learned to always take his car to pick things up.
Speaker 5: You would be shocked, though, what you can fit in the back of a small car as a driver who has a key rio, who formerly had a missing micra, I would love to know. I feel like maybe we have too many threads though this week already. But what have you fit in the back of your small car? Because I got an entire ikea couch in my micro dig Jazz.
Speaker 6: The greatest, the greatest radio talk topic I've ever done was what did you fit in the hatchback?
Speaker 7: And it is wild shit and I guess I'm all for it. Please continue? What have you got?
Speaker 2: Has anyone seen that picture of the man standing on Exhibition Street in the city trying to get a couching to his two door like.
Speaker 3: It's actually hilarious.
Speaker 2: So they weren't blonde?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 5: If there is a will there is a way, is my belief. I don't know how small the car is. Obviously, you guys just won't trying hard.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we've got two threads that you guys can expect to see today.
Speaker 3: What have you won from McDonald's monopoly and what have you fit?
Speaker 2: She is on the money, bringing the educated content to the people.
Speaker 4: All right, well, very quickly, do you guys have any wins or confessions that you want to share.
Speaker 7: I've got one of the dumbest wins you'll ever hear.
Speaker 3: I've got really good one.
Speaker 2: And Jesse, if you've got a good or a bad one.
Speaker 5: I have a It should have been a win and it turned into a loss.
Speaker 3: All right, well you can go first.
Speaker 2: Then Ryan, you can tell us yours and I will bring us out on a high.
Speaker 5: I love it so cot it on this time last week. There must have been an error in their back end because they had thirty percent off site wide, and then someone posted and was like, these two coupon codes also apply, so it was like an additional forty percent off, meaning you basically got seventy percent off of your money. When huge I had apparently two pairs of jeans that have been sitting in my car on cotton on for ages that I was kind of waiting for them to go on sale. I was like, amazing, I wanted them. I've been sitting on the purchase. What better time to get them. So I go to check out and then I'm like, oh, you know what, seventy percent off is so good. I'm just going to have a little browse of the site to see what else I want to buy. So one I'm looking to buy things that I wasn't planning on buying, which goes against everything that we do say and teach.
Speaker 3: And what we say not as we do guys, especially.
Speaker 5: In this situation, because the problem was that I browsed, I added unnecessary things to my car. I probably spent like an extra twenty minutes just cruising around. By the time I went to check out, someone had obviously realized what was going on, and the coupon codes no longer replied. I was riding these high of endorphins and just crashed straight down to earth.
Speaker 3: Oh did you buy the stuff? Anyway?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was like, didn't even get the genes. They remain in the cart.
Speaker 5: They remain in the cart waiting for a really good deal. But win should not have been greedy. We turned out as a loss.
Speaker 2: I feel that that would be really painful. Hopefully next week you can tell us one of your Monopoly card wins.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Jess is going to get the barbecue.
Speaker 2: We're going to get an update on the tiles that she needs to collect.
Speaker 7: We've got her.
Speaker 5: We've got you, Jess, the barbecue and an extra ten kilos. But no cost is too high.
Speaker 3: No cost is too high. Ryan, what was your confession this week?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a win. Let me just explain. You can tell me if it's a winner or a loss. So in my contract at work, I get my phone bill and like an Internet like allowance sort of thing, like I get a little excubit of money to cover that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so when I started this.
Speaker 6: Job at Kiss the radio station at the start of the year, I thought, I like, set something up so the phone bill kind of paid, it comes in my pay or whatever. It turns out that's not the case and I haven't been getting paid this and I was like, oh, what an idiot. And they said, yeah, if you just fill out this form, we'll backdate it to the start of the year. So even though it's my money anyway, I'm about to get what is it, September nine or ten months worth of all these little allowances in one lump sum So it's like it's really good news. Now it's like dumb me the whole time for not doing I mean, it's my money, so it's not like I've got this money, but I'm going to get.
Speaker 7: A little bit of a wind fall in next pay round.
Speaker 2: Ryan, who doesn't actually spend any money at Christmas, is going to be turbo charged Onni's Christmas Save Christmas fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: The CEO of Buccato Shots Propriety Limits is rubbing his hands together.
Speaker 2: Look, I can't think of anything worse. When you say bucket of shots, you mean the one bucket shots. Okay, sorry, bucket oh shots. We're talking about those ones that have the two sides like the little Cowboy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean one side will be like a milky liqueur and the other ones like a lime flavored Fredo Cordial.
Speaker 4: Maybe if Bucket O Shots are interested in sponsor, that's slide into our dead.
Speaker 6: I went into the bottle store, and the guy who worked at the bottle of I asked for them, and he's he looked. He looks me up and down and then was like, we don't sell those. And I was like, okay, do you know where that does? And he goes. I believe they were banned in the state of Victoria for being so disgusting.
Speaker 2: Dacity. Doesn't he know who you think you are?
Speaker 6: He doesn't know who I think I am, But he knows who I think I am now because I told him. I said, mate, I am a loyal bucket O shotter and I will not cop this attitude from you or you establishment.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you deserve to be sponsored by them. Anybody who knows the bucket o shot ceo, please reach out. We've got a really big influencer for you.
Speaker 7: All right. They wrap this up? Was you win?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's a She's on the Money win? The community did it for me, guys. So earlier this week someone in our She's on the Money community posted about a paramount glitch. Now I know this person posted because they DMed me on Instagram first to be like, v this is right up your alley, Like, this is a money win if ever I saw one.
Speaker 3: And I was like, posted in the group so they did.
Speaker 2: But essentially there was a glitch on Paramount, which is essentially a streaming service like Netflix or stan and the glitch was that you could sign up to their trial and then you could go into your settings and pay for a yearly subscription for six dollars instead of the like one hundred dollars it's meant to be for a year subscription just because they had messed it up. So I went ahead, I gave it a crack, spent my six dollars, and now I have a year's worth a paradise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my gosh.
Speaker 4: And even if you don't use it, it's only got six dollars Sky.
Speaker 5: You absolutely will use it because you know what's on there. The Real Housewives of.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, there is so much trash.
Speaker 7: Sorry, jess what was that? What show was that, Jessica?
Speaker 5: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?
Speaker 3: Is that on there? Oh my god? I'm sot on there.
Speaker 2: And it's got all the other trashy stuff you would find on Foxtel, like a teen Mum and catfish and Catfish there.
Speaker 3: The MTV stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all trash so good and in lockdown. This is the joy I needed anyway, before I give away too many of my dirty TV watching habits, I think we should wrap the show.
Speaker 3: I think you need to leave.
Speaker 7: Can I give one final piece of advice?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 6: I found the owner of the Bucketo shots. It is Platinum Liquor dot com dot Au. They sell online and I'll we hunting down their seat for next week's episode.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get in contact with them and let them know that I am the broker of Ryan's Influencer Deals.
Speaker 3: So let's head off.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening again this week.
Speaker 3: We hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: But as always, just before we head off, we'd like to acknowledge and pay respect to Australia's Aboriginal and torrest Right Islander peoples. They're the traditional custodians at the lands, the waterways and the skies all across Australia. We thank you for sharing and for caring for the land on which we are able to learn. We pay our respects to elders past and present, and we share our friendship and our kindness.
Speaker 4: The advice shared on Shees on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision, and we promise. Victoria de Fine is an authorized representative of Australia Pacific Funds Management, but prior to limited ABM three four one three two four six three two five seven afslree nine one five one.
Speaker 5: See you next week, guys.
Speaker 7: Bye m HM