Speaker 1: So I have some very exciting news, guys with me and my fiance in the Hockley Seagrest household. So if you don't know, my fiancee, Ben lives in Romania. So we are long distance. It's not ideal, it's not by choice, but it's where we are. We live on opposite sides of the world. And he's been in Romania for the last six months. He's a football player there, so he plays for a team. Now, Romania hasn't been top of my list, and I would like to feel like the news I'm about to share is because of my manifestation.
Speaker 2: This is all you. You made this happen, britt Congratulations Brittany.
Speaker 1: Not Ben dedicating twenty five years of his life to this, not his skill, my manifestation. But Ben just yesterday signed like the biggest best deal of his life in terms of the country he's going to live in. And he's just moved officially to Italy exactly. And I'm more excited about this because feeder chini carbonari is my favorite meal in the world.
Speaker 2: You also called me yesterday and said I now live in Italy, which was a very dramatic way of breaking the news that I'm I'm thrilled for you. I really get not sure what that means for the show, but thrilled for you in my mind.
Speaker 3: I live in Italy now.
Speaker 2: The thing though, is why is it that every time he's moved, Because originally when you guys started dating, he was in Scotland. Then he's in Romania, now is in Italy. It feels like these changes in contract happen overnight, like there's never been a discussion about Italy, and then literally the next day you're like, oh, yeah, he's on a flight. It's Italy, which went back.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. It's so fascinating. So if you don't know, you might not care. But like, the football world is really interesting. So only at one month of the year in January and one month in like June July is what they call a transfer window. It's the window that opens up where every football around the world has to move.
Speaker 3: Like that's it.
Speaker 1: Every move around two different teams happens then, so it's like a domino effect.
Speaker 2: And this goes for every league, Like every league's different. But even though the leagues are different, they still have transfer windows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Italy, someone could move to America and then someone from England could move to Australia or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: So it is the window. So it's a domino effect.
Speaker 1: You don't know what positions might open up until someone starts moving and then that person's replaced, but then that position opens up.
Speaker 3: So it happens really quickly.
Speaker 1: So you know that the options there to move, but you don't know when, where, how, and when it does come, it's quick. So he found out he got the offer, checked with me if Italy was okay, and I said, get there right now.
Speaker 3: You should have got there yesterday. I was like, get on the first plane.
Speaker 1: But then he had like not even twenty four hours notice to pack up his entire life, get on a plane and land in Italy.
Speaker 2: What does he take though, like coming back one bag? And then who packs up his stuff in Romania and moves it to which when you think about it, it's actually your stuff because there's so much of your stuff that's currently in Romania and every time Ben seems to move, your stuff is the stuff that gets.
Speaker 1: Left bo Well, now my podcasts and radio equipments in Romania. So someone can no, I don't know, he just has to work it out. They really just throw them in the deepen. But it's really exciting because it's like the stuff that they work so hard towards. And it's more exciting because you don't see something like this coming, like it just hits you in twenty four hours, and it's such an amazing thing that it makes me sad.
Speaker 3: Because it's such a big time in his life.
Speaker 1: And he's signing the papers and you're taking photos and you've got your jersey and you take it in front of the emblem, and most players are there with their partner and their kids and their family, and then Ben was just there on his own, and I had this real moment where I thought I should be there, Like I was really upset that I wasn't there to support him in that, and I just all he could get from me was a message on the other side of the world saying like, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: What do you think you will do post the wedding because you guys are getting married later this year and then you are maintaining long distance.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: But do you have a bit of a plan around what you want to do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, bosses, Yeah, that was an interesting question to.
Speaker 3: Pose on live radio.
Speaker 1: Laura no, I mean, it's true, we're in long distance. I love my job, that's why it's long distance. I love radio. But if you ask me the dream, it would be to do radio and be able to do some records overseas. So that would be the absolute dream. To be able to have my cake and eat it too. But I guess we just have to say.
Speaker 3: Eight long distance.
Speaker 1: Usually I'm okay with and I managed really well, but.
Speaker 2: So hard when you have big things happening and you can't be a part of each other's lives when we have some.
Speaker 3: Huge, big moments.
Speaker 1: The same with us when you and I Laura did our life on Cut podcast live show, for example, we were going on this big tour and he didn't get to go to any of that. He didn't get to see it. He wasn't there. And you know Matt was there with you or the kids were there, Yeah, the kids, everyone was there, And I really felt that they're the moments I feel so like, I'm so proud of him, but I just cry myself to sleep. I'm like, one tier is crying that I get to eat pasta, and the other tears crying that I didn't get to go there. But I'm proud of him, so I just wanted to say, you know, when you're so proud of someone, you want the whole world to know.
Speaker 3: So I'm really happy for him.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Benn is currently listening to The Pickup, so congrats Dad,