Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about your bedroom. You think about your bed now. Years ago it was just two pillows or one. These days now there's a kind of like pyramid. There's all these done in different pillows, different pillows to have between your shoulders. If you've got hip problems, you're going to have it between your knees. Everyone has a different bedroom set up. We're talking about pillows. How many do we think amongst the three of us team Jack and Pats, what is your pillows set up at home?
Speaker 3: Or you need if there's two people in the bed four pillows max. Yeah, two pillows per person, and you use two pillows to prop yourself.
Speaker 2: Up for inclining, for reading or scrolling. That's right for reading or scrolling or love making and whatever position you're doing.
Speaker 3: Then when it's time for lights out, you put one pillow away and you go down to one pillow.
Speaker 4: That's minimalist. In my world, I have one to three Europeans that go at the back.
Speaker 2: So do you mean men.
Speaker 4: My beautiful duckfield Europeans which are like a twenty.
Speaker 3: Duckt feather, not.
Speaker 2: Actual quackers so where do they go.
Speaker 4: They go at the back, up against the head wrest.
Speaker 3: The European had the big really big yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice big square ones, perfect for propping yourself up to.
Speaker 2: Read or watch.
Speaker 5: Tell it.
Speaker 2: I don't like a narrow pillow.
Speaker 4: No, no, and you can really know, fluff those suckers up.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: I don't like a fluffy pillow. I got one of those. I got one of those that what do you call tempepede touched under memory phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: We've got those as well. So in front of the Europeans, I haven't finished.
Speaker 2: What are you seeing?
Speaker 4: Like a bed shows like Cleopetra. Then we have our orthopedic pillows, so we spinally we have got a spinal lease actually, but then there's an array of cushions and a throat.
Speaker 2: So there's my wife, honestly.
Speaker 4: Five cushions of various sort of color colors and shape, A triangle one, what do we need to got a round one like a basketball. Chris kicks it around the bedroom.
Speaker 3: And so you have all that on the bed. But when you actually go to sleep, who's.
Speaker 2: In the bed for nighttime?
Speaker 4: Just two pillows? Oh, and I have a European because I like to shove it between my knees to keep my spine straight. My car are practice it. It's good for your spine.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have to do that these days. It's one of the things is the way you say you're shoving your between radio mummy. What's that lady saying?
Speaker 3: We can't listen anymore?
Speaker 2: Take it off p one Anyhow, the question was an innocent one about pillows. We ever sit set up? Where yet two for reading and then the other one gets done like rocket thrusters once in the nighttime air. You don't need I don't need it, right missus O'Connor. Very differently, she gets a load of this one that show she had one to rest her head on, a beautiful head on that, and then one she holds and pushes me away with me like this since the day we met what I call the passion buffer and not that it's it's like a bulldozer gradual during the night, like come on a window ledge. This has been going on for twenty five years. I get she's like a bulldoz sort of pushing me around during the night on the well she has to keep me basically now, the reason why we're talking about. This is producer Caitlin gatheras ou Team European between her legs. Now, Producer Caitlin, come in here a minute, Mackie. Wait, what do you think of this set up that producer Caitlin's got? She's gone. This is what started this in the office yesterday.
Speaker 1: So I have three pillows, one under my head, one between my legs.
Speaker 3: For him, Yes, for him.
Speaker 2: A lot of people do this.
Speaker 1: And then I also hug one to keep the level of my shoulders.
Speaker 2: Also in this is what missus O'Connell justifies the passion barrier. But I know what she's playing.
Speaker 4: No, No, she's a smart woman.
Speaker 1: You need it to keep the structure of your body nice and straight.
Speaker 3: Now it has a pillow adding structurals to bility.
Speaker 1: Yes, it absolutely does alignment if you have so, I.
Speaker 5: Have made.
Speaker 2: Sleeping without pillows aligning them for hundreds of years. Cavemen won't work Out'm gonna bloody out of alignment. I can't get a bison today when they can invent a chiropractor or spine. Lee's pillow wooden rock.
Speaker 1: So I sleep on my side so it actually holds my body straight on the side rather than leaning over and twisting my spine.
Speaker 2: See I do that all night.
Speaker 3: I twist all over the Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to twist, and Jack.
Speaker 1: Has a bad back.
Speaker 3: So that's probably why you can follow my exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not travel business cards everywhere. That spine an alignment of alignment, him being in another country misaligned.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, What is your bedroom pillow set up? Christian? I have one pillow under my head, one pillow on top of my head. I like a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Actually that's how I nap. Yes, So I'll cave my head on a pillow like on my back like a vampire arms cross, and then I'll put a second pillow between the bridge of my nose and my forehead and balance it there so it blocks out the light like a big sleeping mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now my wife does that. When I get up in the morning. She will go in like the cave and put a pillow on top of her head. Yeah yeah, with a hat but a hand keeping it in place like headphones, like pillow headphones, and then still go into a deep slinger. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't sleep all night like that, but I can recommend it for a nap.
Speaker 2: Christian you guys need to try squash mallows. These are next level pillows. Sounds that I'm doing a live read already. It's not the marketing manager, is it. They're not a soft poy toy. But they are fantastic. That's from Jared's like too squishy though, No, no, no, I like a bit of give back. Yeah, pillow, Yeah, that's what I like. The old memory. Tell you what because the moment they tell you that NASA, NASA astsh ues this, it's NASA technology And I think you can't have a bad night sleep up there at that space station, a bit grumpy and you press them all. But let's got Steve, Steve, what is the bedroom sets up with the pillows? Mate?
Speaker 6: The bedroom set up the wife has designed over a great many years is a magnificent dude that she's put on top. And I don't know how much it cost. I don't really want to know, but it looks spectacular. And we've got a sixteen pillow run going on his day, we're three by two by two by two by three by two. We've got three large pillows like a.
Speaker 2: Grand Final winning formation, doesn't it? Drug that is that's a lot to do everything is that's not every.
Speaker 6: Day, it's every day. It's that you've got two standard pillows in front of that. Then you've got the really nice anty pillows. Then you've got the short little pillows like almost a bolster with a diamond shaped pillow that's got some color in it, so it throws a bit of color and the room. Then you've got the bolster and the other pillow on top of that. And at nighttime you take all of that off, including the doner. You go to the cupboard and then you get your sleeping pillows and doner along with my knee pillow.
Speaker 2: It's like a sort of play set change, isn't it. But how do you know the right formation? Then when it's got to be rebuilt this igloo of pillows the next day, how do you know? Because you could get them out of formation.
Speaker 6: This is the big problem. If I have to leave work late, I have to make the bed, and if I make the bed incorrectly, I'll get into the same amount of trouble. It's if I don't make the bed at all. So don't make the bed at all.
Speaker 2: I liken them thinking that's smart thinking, Steve. All right, Steve, thanks you your buddy. Always lovely to speak to. Steve Cleo. So what's the pillow set up?
Speaker 5: So I have a pretty standard pillow setup and it's one under my head, one between my knees, and that passion buffe you guys are talking about that had me bring it, and that's my boob separator. So I need that because I'm a heavier chested lady and I'm sure there is some ladies out there with big boobs. Then you don't want to lie on your side and have one of them stretching over to the other one.
Speaker 2: So I've never thought about that, but now you mentioned it, it does make sense.
Speaker 5: And it's bloody comfy, don't you well?
Speaker 2: Jack, And I'm watching what were saying.
Speaker 3: Any question I can see being read out.
Speaker 2: In court in the future of something very creepy. So good day.
Speaker 5: You want to make sure out there that needs the pillow separator in the boobs as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to all those big boob ladies. Listen right now, please call him. No, I'm joking. That's not going to read well. I was doing so well Land mind this. We have a step to on one. Can I thank you for the information.
Speaker 5: No worries if you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Karen. What's happening in your bedroom with the pillows?
Speaker 4: Okay, just like call Steve.
Speaker 2: They have fifteen.
Speaker 5: I have about fifteen also on my bed each morning, but I have a collection of about thirty for each you know, each douner cover has.
Speaker 2: You got a squad and you rotate the players.
Speaker 5: Yep, and two throws on the bid as well, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's it's an intense set up there the bed. The bed is missing in my mind under all.
Speaker 5: That, and I not really depends how you make it. And it makes me feel good, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: That is all that matters. Karen. You're quite right, Kart, that's you cool. Christian Connells Show Podcast