Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I had the pastor falls mondays.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's a one point give me my fixed man.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold four point three. Good morning, it's Friday morning. Welcome to the end of the week. That's the joy of having that Monday public holiday. Bang, we're already into Friday. Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Goo morning Jack Post, Good morning Christian and Patsy.
Speaker 6: Hello Jack, Good morning Patrina, Hello Christian.
Speaker 2: How have you brought in?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: A pack lunch for Jack and I by the worker today.
Speaker 6: I have grown your Bento boxes, lots of treats. Await.
Speaker 3: We think that Patsy makes the best packed lunches out of any mom and dad in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: What does already have?
Speaker 3: Sparkling water, quince with cheese.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what.
Speaker 6: It's a nice cracker biscuit.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's like, that's not the Porsche of the of the dry biscuit world.
Speaker 6: Is no salades, baby, that's it.
Speaker 3: And it's even not builds. It's just a biscuit. It's a water biscuit.
Speaker 4: Do you send a butler along to school with it and lay out a table in the cafeteria school you.
Speaker 3: Met Patsy's husband, Chris. That's what he really does doing the day half for now. Then we're doing double thumbs up Friday. This is where we go around the team and we're telling about the things were into this week. I get more emails about this feature and a lot of you keep saying why don't you put them up online? So from this morning whipping up the little three two things that were on too, we put them up on Facebook. And if you do everyone any more details email me Christian at gold one O four three dot com dot au. The queen of this feature is Patsy. Talk about influencer. Oh that listed last week? I had so many emails a world.
Speaker 6: Why Lady Danger if you missed it, it's brilliant once.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a horse that's riding this week, Lady Danger. All right, Patsy, what's it you? What are you giving the Royal seal of approval to?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: The love God got me into this. It's a Netflix series The Toys That made Us? We seen it.
Speaker 3: I've saved my list you can editor, I haven't like to say is it good, brilliant?
Speaker 6: So what it is, Jack, It's about all the famous toys in history. And they talked to the developers how they came to be, about who made them, They interview them, how they were marketed, their success, and they touch on stuff like Barbie My Little Pony, star Wars, figuringe.
Speaker 3: Star Wars, story about George Lucas hanging on to all the merchandising rights for that. That's what he became a mega meg man though. Ye.
Speaker 6: And you know when he went around to all those companies, no one was interested in making the figurines, which was actually before the movies got you know, came out and got really crazy.
Speaker 4: Now you know how they make movies for kids, is they think of merchandising first, the.
Speaker 3: Computer game, Yeah, everything like that. They make more money from that the back end of those.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really fascinating. So Chris got the to that get onto that. It's I think there's three three series of packages of different toys. But if you're born in the seventies or eighties.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 6: Love it. So it's Netflix, and it's called and it's called The Toys that made us.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Gwyneth Potshow show on Netflix, by the way, goop.
Speaker 6: No, it's great, keep skipping over.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's good, better than I thought because it's new age health fads.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just you know, I've got a bee in my bonnet about it with a cookbook because everything was No, it's a long list.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of bees in that bond.
Speaker 3: If you open up Patsy's bonnet. Excuse me, it's just bees and I'm the queen bee. They know a DiCaprio you hate for no reason.
Speaker 6: No, I don't like he's acting Megan Markle when it. Don't start that with Gwenneth's cooking book, all the ingredients. No common Melbourne housewife could have used it because.
Speaker 3: That was so m cheese in your daughter's lunch spots. Even she would go a bit too much expensive. Don't give it for free.
Speaker 6: You don't eat buckets.
Speaker 3: Of It's not because it's so expensive. It comes in a tiny it's more expensive that on a Friday. She only gets cave on a Friday. The Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Jack Post, what are you giving the double thumbs up to?
Speaker 4: Well? It's app because Patty's still going on about the ingredients in the Gwyneth Paltrow cookball.
Speaker 2: She was doing that song.
Speaker 4: We are minor two food based ones today. The first one is a New York style bagel place in Fitzroy. Bagels are so good and they are under made for whatever reason, in Melbourne or in Australia, you can't get them everywhere. Mile and Bagel on Johnson Street. They're so delicious and Banker and I have been going. We've we've actually been going too much now that we've started to.
Speaker 3: How much is too much? There with bagels where.
Speaker 4: The person behind the counter knows who you are.
Speaker 3: All right, called sound in mine Dan Murphy's they know me by name, and I'm talking about three different staff members. I think they think I run an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, we can deliver straight to the store. I'm happy to pick it up. You'll love this about the bagel place though. You know how we've been on the show celebrating mixed businesses. Some of the best ones we've had are burgers and tax returns in foots Ray our friends who end up contacting us from the car mechanic and pet crematorium. Yep, this is peak hipster in the middle of Fitzroy. The Bagel Place also does film development, so you can take your thirty five millimeters roll of place the Bagel Place and they will procession.
Speaker 3: That is so North Melbourne, isn't it. That is what a great surface though, that's pretty hipster.
Speaker 4: And then my other one is a restaurant bianc and I just went to yesterday called Old Palm Liquor.
Speaker 6: I saw that on your instas, Yeah, delicious.
Speaker 4: Old Palm Liquor on like on street in Brunswick. I recommended it to your new wife the other day, but you didn't end up going. My god. The first thing in the menu is a flatbread with labna. It sounds simple. Oh I just can't. It's one of those things you eat and you're like, how is this so tasty?
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing when a simple dish this ego started. It actually is humbling. It's all inspiring. Isn't great food?
Speaker 4: When Bank said we've got to get the flatbread, trust me, it's like flat bread flatbread? Does this sounds so boring? Oh my god, it's transformative. Please try the flat bread. Not just good, it's transformative photo.
Speaker 3: If you've got coronavirus on the flatbread and we can't out Transformative flat Bread all right after these adds, then we've been back with my double thumbs up Friday Transformative Flatbread.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Doing our double thumbs up on a Friday, we tell about the things we're into at the moment. So for me, I'm started this week. Every single day this week, I started to get into cold showers. I'll be honest with you. I've changed before and got scared because they're cold. But then you know I told you about last Sunday. They hurt. You got to push through that. But I know, I said, on Sunday I went to try out this yoga induction.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, clench the.
Speaker 3: As I was looking in some energy as you do on a Sunday. This is like what I want love to do in Sint Kilda. Anyway, this lady was telling me how, she said, you know, not be really good for you is cold showers, and she said to begin with, just get it as con as you can and ease into them. So literally do the tops of your feet to begin with. Then you thinks your body starts to climatize. She said, men should not be doing the full one Yogis don't do it. They don't cold wash their their bits. They see that sacred and I don't believe you have to do that. It's too hard.
Speaker 4: So wait, so you stand under the share and no is is.
Speaker 2: Actually very hard.
Speaker 3: It's a yoga workout, stretching because the water runs down. Yeah, it's very hard to protect the boys.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like in footy, you know, developing skills doing in a cricket cut. So yeah, I've got into having cold showers and I can withstand it now in the colder setting for three minutes. And you don't need to do your head either as well. Apparently you don't have to do your head. The most important is the back of your neck especially, and I'll tell you what I At first, you feel because you've got to control your breathing as well, because you start to almost hyperventilate a bit and you panic. Go I think I'm going to faint because your body goes into a kind of shock. However, afterwards and once you get through that, you breathe your way through it. I feel amazing, what a great reset that is almost transformative as that flatbread tracks.
Speaker 4: But I can come to the aid of the cold shower. I heard about it on a podcast a few years ago. I forget the I'm off. I know this is an ice hockey player's name, and he I forget his name, but he was still playing ice hockey in his forties professionally, and he put it down to doing a sauna, get as hot as you can, and then a cold shower and cycle in and out, And yes I did. The wim Hoff is the Crazy Guy, another guy I found on a podcast.
Speaker 3: Look him up if you're interested in more of this kind of ice baths and stuff like that and the amazing scientific benefits.
Speaker 4: He climbed Mount Everest in just board shorts and no shoes.
Speaker 3: He's crazy, is the Australian Is that sort of thing you guys are doing just a pair of thongs.
Speaker 4: They call him the ice Man. And he didn't get into it like cold water does anything. I went to see him once. He shows you this breathing technique and then gets you to go into an ice bath for two minutes and you do come out. You feel exhilarate.
Speaker 3: Just ease your way into it if you want to find out more. Wim Hov's got a load of different videos to help with that as well, and two of the things quickly. Then, one of my youngest daughters are very gluten intolerance, so we have to get a lot of gluten free stuff for her and she feels a lot better when she doesn't have gluten. And I found these crisps for her the other day, Bolder gluten free Hickory chips. These are transformative.
Speaker 4: Really because usually you see gluten free and you're like tasty taste free as well.
Speaker 3: I'm eating more of these gluten free chip than she is. I have to get I had to get two or three bags at a time, a little dad tacks, Dad keeps on back from Sam, you have the other one. And then finally when I was buying these Boulder gluten free Hickory chips, right, I was buying a load of groceries and the lady was stacking so quickly. I had to say, my world, you're so good at this. It's like Tetris. She goes, oh, did you used to play Tetris?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did. She goes, go on YouTube, you can watch the World Tetris Championships. That's what I've been doing this week. If you notice the shows that weren't lighter material, loafing off watching the World Tetris Championships. There's one great video that is there's a grand master who's been the winner for about ten years being beaten in an epic game by a sixteen year old kid from nowhere. Honestly, it's like the Tyson Fury fight a couple of weeks ago. Transformative. It was watching the World Tetris Championships. You'll find them all on YouTube. For some reason, I found it huge, you did they are? I used to love playing techs. I loved playing ten to be a world to me a grandmaster. I can't work out how they're doing it.
Speaker 4: I guess they got the down button on full time, don't they making it go faster?
Speaker 3: They're on YouTube, you'll find that. So that's my double thumbs up. News the Sport Headlines on the way christ.
Speaker 1: John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: To Patsie, what rumors are you hearing about the Grand Prix.
Speaker 6: Well, that it's a no go, that it has been canceled. So they had a two hour crisis meeting overnight where they decided Apparently a lot of the teams got their back up and said, look it's not safe to compete. But there's no official wordj it. So those reports out of the BBC and Sky News in the UK, So I guess watch this of the UK.
Speaker 3: How do UK coming over a stick in their little nose in our business? Back off? It's our Grand Prix. So this will be astonishing because even Lewis Hamilton yesterday was being interviewed track side and was going, I don't think it should be on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I tend to agree really.
Speaker 3: So I'd love to say the fact that there was a two hour crisis meeting. Sure, it's quite a quick meeting. It's either quick who thinks they should go ahead and raise of hands? What are they doing for the other hour and fifty eight minutes?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's like a jury they have to it has to be unanimous before they return a verdict.
Speaker 3: Right, every day at the moment the way it's going on, a coronavirus around the world, you wake up and something else has happened. I mean, well, since we finished the show yesterday Australia, you've given Tom Hanks COVID nineteen.
Speaker 4: I mean we didn't give it to straight.
Speaker 3: Queensland has infected Tom Hanks. How could anyone wish Tom Hanks man Queensland has got it?
Speaker 2: In isolation?
Speaker 6: Have you having a go at him yesterday?
Speaker 3: I know I actually feel terrible, Jack, and I now I said that I love Tom Hanks. However, he's great, He's lovable in all movies. But in that movie You've got mel he is ilovable?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you feel bad that he's one of my favorite actors? And then twenty four hours ago we left on such a negative note.
Speaker 3: And Q might be over exaggerating our powers, might criticizing the work of somebody they get the corona ble.
Speaker 4: We call him unlikable in our performance, so we feel terrible in that performance. I take it back.
Speaker 6: I do you both feel bad?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Tom Hanks will be okay? Because Tom Hanks has to be okay? But all I heard, yeah to there wherever you wandered around Melbourne, which you heard people going, Tom Hanks has Tom Hanks has got it coronavirus. You've really got our attention now, don't know about Grand Prix being canceled. Tom Hanks has got it all right? Knock off Friday? How this works? You give us a call nine four one four one o four three, and you tell us what time are you knocking off today? I mean, I guess people's plans this weekends are changing, our bye hours, stuff gets canceled, and uh, in fact everything needs to be canceled this year. We need to start doing the show behind closed doors. We can't have it in front of big crowds that we do every day. All right, he caught us up. Tell us what tell me you knocking off the day? What time you finish your work and heading off into your weekend? And what are you up to? Nine four one four one oh four three? Patsally, what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 6: You know what I've got to knock I've got to be out of here by eleven because I've got to take the big dog.
Speaker 3: To the vet. I thought big dog was code for Chris. He's having easy being new TOED. I've just presumed that aen years.
Speaker 6: Ago, like me, he's constantly new to No Praisy's got to take. We've got to for his immunizations and we get the whole lot there, so I don't know how much it's going to cost he gets, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to get that giant Mega Hockett Clifford the beat red Dog. In any kind of.
Speaker 4: Transfort to get a horse trainer, they must draw the ball lines when they see you coming.
Speaker 3: We're all got coronavirus last week.
Speaker 6: That's why we go out to the Melbourne Univet Clinicut. We because it's also in a equestrian center. It's the only.
Speaker 3: Those horse boxes. A dog, just a big dog head out the back of it.
Speaker 6: Amazing place that has scales big enough to weigh him because they use them for the horses.
Speaker 3: If you're trying to imagine the size of perhaps he's dog Presley named after Elvis obviously, but the last stages of Elvis we died.
Speaker 2: On the car.
Speaker 6: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: He is shooes.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagine having the pet that was a polar bear that's half the size of Presley.
Speaker 6: It's funny in the car because his head's out, literally his head is out and his tails out the other You should see the looks we get.
Speaker 3: Need a cherry picker to get his head. Jack, what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 4: You know what? Tonight when we get home we are bracing for overnight works on this skyrail. That's happening outside our house. It starts tonight. They start tonight. Well they've already started work on it, but this is the first twenty four hour round the clockwork.
Speaker 3: So we've got to see if found your Friday night. I guess it's better than we could be early in the morning for work during Monday to Friday.
Speaker 4: I guess what. That's what they're thinking. So Friday Saturday night we've got overnight works, so I come with no sleep on Monday morning. You'll hardly notice the difference. But that's why.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that sucks.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What time are you knocking off today? Thanks for asking? Team scum the christ Jan O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. All right, not got Friday. The bone important question on a Friday is what time are you knocking off? What you're finishing?
Speaker 4: What time are you.
Speaker 3: Knocking off today?
Speaker 1: Tonight?
Speaker 3: That was me and miss Godley thinking we've had a nice week, you know, a nice week, but some people you just can't work.
Speaker 4: I want to know what you're up to this week? How do you do tonight?
Speaker 3: I know how told Hanks Fields to be in this country. Pamenty in isolation. I am Pamany in isolation. All right, knock off Friday. What time are knocking off today? And what are you up to?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Four one four one o four three Cain, Good morning Kine, Chris, right, how you go Kine?
Speaker 2: What time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 9: Knocking up at two thirty?
Speaker 8: We're rowing up the boys and we're going down the pub.
Speaker 3: And where about you guys going to be drinking.
Speaker 8: Lang Warren Pub for the burs brilliant?
Speaker 3: Okay, well listen, have a great afternoon and a good session. Okay, well makee I just do a quick share out of course you can, Kine if you go with this is Kane.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 3: It's on kiss, just want to do shout out to all the boys at premise, plumber.
Speaker 1: You guys are rocking it.
Speaker 10: Have a great day to oy lads.
Speaker 3: Awesome shout out, powerful, shout out there mate and remember boys, wash your hands, wash your hands. Can you get down the pub? Okay yeah mate, we will last and quain Thank you Caine, have a good one, good today, Christian, All right, take care mate? Bye uh Tiagoan, good morning, Good morning Christian, Good morning Mane What tell me are you knocking off today?
Speaker 8: Twelve thirty knockoff from my packing job to pack my new house that I've purchased.
Speaker 2: Oh congratulations, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Yes, so packing all weekend.
Speaker 3: And when do you move in this afternoon? Oh wow, that's really exciting. Is this your first place?
Speaker 8: Yes, my first home that I've purchased, which is quite exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 3: When you get those keys and you close your front door on that, it's a big moment in your life.
Speaker 1: Well done, it is it is.
Speaker 8: I've already got my keys. I got them yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Did they feel good going in there thinking this is mine?
Speaker 2: I own it.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I don't need to pay someone else's mortgage.
Speaker 3: This is great, Well done? All right, how it goes well this weekend thanks to Colan.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey. Good morning Jeff.
Speaker 5: Hey, Christian, I'm one of off at twelve.
Speaker 4: I'm packing the wife up in the car. I'm going pushing in yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to pack away your wife. What do you got an inflatable wonder? Pack up the wife?
Speaker 1: I wish?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jeff thank you very much. You cool mate. Have a good weekend. We'll join the fishing. Jake, good morning.
Speaker 8: Morning, guys. I'm knocking off at two forty on the dot and then taking all the comfort down to the scrapyards and then I'm doing a or getting ready for a paintball competition that we've got this weekend.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: So you've got paintball competition? Do you do this quite a bit? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I class myself as the semi professional paintball playerff.
Speaker 2: So is there money in paintball?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: There is, and sponsorships and everything.
Speaker 3: No way, So you have to like yet training like an athlete. You've got to stay in shape. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So probably twice twice a week we do training and then yeah, we get ready for the tournament, which is every second month.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. And if you want a couple of titles, do you have titles?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we're last year we come second for finals, and then the year before that we come first.
Speaker 2: Happened? I tell you, Have you guys ever done paintballing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really about the next day, your body is like covered in welnts.
Speaker 2: It really stings.
Speaker 4: I thought they weren't allowed to. I went going, well, they're not allowed to hurt you because then it wouldn't be sanctioned. But it really left wels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, honest, it hurts, Jake. I don't know how you could do this regularly.
Speaker 8: Well, once the adrenaline's gone through the body, you really don't feel it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's at home that it starts to bruise though.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Listened. Good luck this weekend, Jake.
Speaker 6: Thanks God.
Speaker 3: Let me know how again on Monday. Oh will, I did not know this morning. We would not speaking to someone who is a semi pro paintball player.
Speaker 4: Do we. We've been looking for a team building exercise.
Speaker 2: This isn't it, This is gentlemen.
Speaker 3: We got on with laser tag with old driving Miss Daisy Patsy seeing his opportunity to have a wander round and catch up with the colleagues that we're supposed to be laser tagging, we got you do not want to be in.
Speaker 5: A Fox with Patsy Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We were saying this earlier every twenty four hours to world is constantly changing at the moment, with coronavirus, things being canceled, sport being canceled, Grand Prix possibly being canceled this weekend.
Speaker 4: If Grand Prix goes down, you would have to imagine the ANFL doesn't have eighty thousand crowd on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine that the opening game next Thursday night won't have people there, and then the rest of the season. How is the rest of the season going to go for footy? And Friday nights at the G is such a big part of life. It's an institution, you know, And I just can't imagine, even when I'm seeing back in England how EPL games are now being hell behind closed doors because of their more and more cases in England.
Speaker 2: It just seems surreal right.
Speaker 3: Now around all over the world, very sporting leagues being counseled, but here right now, it's unthinkable that this season won't be a season like you've never ever seen before.
Speaker 2: It just won't be footy without the crowds. And I loved it.
Speaker 3: I don't know who you had any news this week when the sportsberhas it was one of the player saying, and I thought, the players will be obviously worried about, like, you know, the fans not being there, because you know, it's like sometimes you watch a great game, team goes down, but the fans can somehow rally them.
Speaker 2: They get motivated.
Speaker 3: They pulled Buck a great how many games have gone that way, but obviously without that, but the players are more word about what we're going to hear about what they say to each other during the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think they obviously just get hurling abuse at each other?
Speaker 4: I asked you in the songs, I guess there's no like no puddy mouth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'd be more mindful of what they say on the field that will affect their game.
Speaker 3: You'd have thought that we would have heard that, but I guess in a noisy and a big ground the size of the oval, we don't hear it. Yeah, what they're yelling, the abuse they're yelling at you? Do you think it's fellow teammates yelling when someone screws up, or its abuse at other players pledging by. Yes, got to be, isn't it. Yeah, so perats he reckons he's blowing a toilet roll scam.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: She was telling me the details yesterday very excitedly. And you need to know this. So what happened yesterday when you went to get lou roll?
Speaker 6: Well I went to Well I didn't. I actually just went to do my shop. So because Jack very kindly has supplied us with a couple of spare roles at home. But when I went into this supermarket, I noticed a few people coming out with eight pack Loo rolls tucked under their arm, and I thought, oh, and it was in the middle of the day. I thought they must have lou papery.
Speaker 2: You thought they were limiting just four each.
Speaker 6: Well, these were like eight packs, like one pack of eight rolls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one pack of eight rolls. They're not opening up the packs and giving away one hour.
Speaker 3: Ways, if I was in charge of those supermarkets, I'd be there and I'd be slitting open those eight packs, seating them up with some cello tate going there's you.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just four.
Speaker 4: Four squares each, tearing them off.
Speaker 3: That's next week, the wast go the moment, jake, you laugh. Family.
Speaker 6: So anyway, when I got in there, of course the first thing I checked was the lou Aisle, but it was empty, and I thought, okay, I've been too late, that's all right, So I went around got my stuff. As I was going through the checkout, I did mention to the lady, you know it, the self checkout, who you were?
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I'm work in showbies and I really need to go to a number two.
Speaker 2: You don't want me on that radio tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Trash in this place anyway, I said to her, still of.
Speaker 4: The Godfather music.
Speaker 3: When you get that, you get that call from Patsy, Uh, Patsy, carry on anyway.
Speaker 6: So I said to her, do you have any toilet paper or are you out? And she said, oh, just let me check. So she goes to you know that front end area where they sell the cigarettes, and opens up a cupboard and.
Speaker 3: And fix up an eight Abba tribute band is sold out.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: You know who I am get a new role except the roll manager?
Speaker 6: And then no will I see? Then I see the manager come over and.
Speaker 3: There he's right out from the back office. He's panicking in discussion. Discussion, find the show pre set number one. Please don't get a.
Speaker 6: Shut down anyway, And he's the managers looking over me, giving me the up and down, looking me up and down.
Speaker 3: It is fair. You do that when you see a majestic killer beast in the water. Now low the power. I remember the first time I saw an alligator. The power, the potent power.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I thought, what's going on? And then the lady from the checkout, so the staffer that I spoke to put the shaking she must paper.
Speaker 4: This is my personally, I don't need to.
Speaker 6: Put the loop paper back in the cupboard. And came back and I thought, well, that's very odd, and she said, look, I'm sorry, but we've actually sold out. And I said, well, hang on, you just had a pack.
Speaker 3: At this point, be honest with us, right at this point, you don't I've seen you do this movie as well. Did you have like a closed fish? And what do you what do you mean? What do you mean start to knock over a few things off? This base got burned down tonight? Terrible, how sad?
Speaker 6: I said, what do you mean you've got none?
Speaker 3: I just saw you with some yeah, get it.
Speaker 6: It was quite calm. I wasn't nasty or anything.
Speaker 3: That is like you know Americans, so they're very calm, aren't they. There always like tending to an orchid at home, clicking itself, very listening to classical music, you know, very calm. That's the frightening thing for a psychos when they're very calm.
Speaker 6: Now stop anyway, And she said, no, we've sold out. And I said, but I just saw you with her role And she said, oh, well, look, they are for the people that have pre booked supplies. Yeah, she said, people are ringing the store in the morning and saying can you hold me aside a pack? And I'll be I said, well, is that a new policy, because I think I've missed I've missed that information and I'm thinking it needs to be a level playing field, level playing.
Speaker 3: She dropped the level playing field.
Speaker 6: One of them, the level playing field, and she said, well, no, they're they're already booked up like people have got And I said, that's really is that a new policy? Where does that say that that's a new.
Speaker 2: Is it written down here?
Speaker 6: It's outrage anyway? She said, oh, I'm sorry, and I said, well, can I speak to the manager?
Speaker 3: This is now turning into the Irishman. Did we get to the end of this story. I now need to get a toilet and whined about new roll.
Speaker 6: The manager came over and I said, look, is this a new policy? And he said, now look take the paper anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm taking my socks off anyway. I've got kids, So.
Speaker 6: If anyone needs any toilet paper, I've got an.
Speaker 3: Eight pack, all right.
Speaker 6: Bizarre.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We actually seriously no, we were joking about this the other day. But in the UK now and a couple of radio stations in Europe their breakfast shows are working from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to have at least some sort of protocol in place. It might happen where we do the bedroom show, separate bedrooms.
Speaker 3: This might be the first time we've ever said the word protocol and actually meant it, but we do. It's funny how as the times are changing of the last couple of weeks and day by day, right, you find yourself using words that you've never used before. I have never, ever in my life said the word pandemic. Now I think it's one of the most common words I'm using every day in various kinds. Actually a pandemic now and it's protocol is a word I found myself saying to the kids yesterday as well, about asking them what the school protocol was, and I was saying that we need to instigate a instagate another good word, a work protocol. We seriously do. I mean, Patsy, what would you do? We need to get equipment to wearaby so we can still have you well.
Speaker 6: I emailed Sue the boss yesterday I thought you I better just check that we have got if that happens, that we're equipped at our house end to like. I don't know what's involved, but apparently.
Speaker 3: You just need someone told me it's a microphone and a cable and other than that, I'm the same as you. How does radio work, Sue the boss?
Speaker 6: It's just an internet line apparently so.
Speaker 4: But you'll need Rachel as well, your co writer the news. Have you known this? I went in there before. She makes Rachel get her coffee.
Speaker 6: Well do not every day. It's usually a Friday trade.
Speaker 3: There's a whole there's a whole thing going around about Patsy that you dont understand. She has a news assistant. I couldn't believe when I turned up here. I've never worked with the news person on the road has an assistant.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, Lennon McCartney and brilliant.
Speaker 6: She's a gun.
Speaker 2: Right, keep her in that sort of cupboard.
Speaker 6: I don't keep her in a cupboard. The news she reads ten through to one and she's I'll tell you what, she's got a bright future ahead of us. She's brilliant.
Speaker 3: She can't get coffee for Patsy. The rest of us there's seven of us working really hard here.
Speaker 6: Sometimes after ten I'll go and get right breakfast in a coffee too.
Speaker 3: Oh, how co What a kind leader you are. Sometimes I'll treat you as a preface in the meantime, give me the news.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, and had a very strange experience, right.
Speaker 3: I was trying to find somebody's phone number on my phone, and you know, you've got loads of different phone numbers in your phone. Youre try and sometimes you forget who I don't remember who that is. Then I found a phone number from a friend of mine. He died about three years ago, and I couldn't believe that I still had the phone number in there. And I went to delete it because well, show's not around anymore, and I couldn't. It's really strange. I couldn't bring myself to delete it. And I remember when he when I found it, he died very suddenly. Right, he's a very very good friend of mine, and he dines. I remember the next day because he's got this great he's an Irish guy and this great Irish accent. I remember calling his phone number the next day because I want to hear his voice, smell you have you got that person?
Speaker 2: Have you've got people? It's impossible. I can't delete a phone number.
Speaker 6: It's not strange. It's not strange at all. It's like your last connection to them, which is why should you delay that.
Speaker 3: There's a collection of numbers and a name for somebody who's not by I just couldn't bring myself to delete it was that it felt impossible.
Speaker 6: I've got a couple of the love God's mates who have passed in my phone, Chucker and Andy, and I won't delete them. They don't need to be because they're a Majeuck someone's name is it was his nickname, right, okay?
Speaker 3: I love the fact that bless him is that what he's in their hourstore?
Speaker 2: I beat Chuck.
Speaker 6: He's always recalled in Chuck.
Speaker 3: He was always I imagine over the next couple years what happens in life. There are people who are no longer going to be in my life that are down as nicknames. You know one there's someone in here, a good friend of mine in the UK Act. She's not very well at the moment. He's simply down as the eggman because of a boring store. I won't go into But if you ever passed away, he's going to be preserved forever, simply as the egg man in my phone.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to have.
Speaker 3: So much of our lives are on these little phones and those sorts of things. I guarantee there are people listening right now who've got numbers in their phones that you cannot delete them for people that are no longer in your lives. Anyway. I've got two emails here for Lates Lapardi if you do want to give me a called nine four one four one four three light. Thank you very much too. Christina in Adelaide, people, keep your eyes open for any mixed businesses. We love hearing about these. Christian driving into Adelaide CBD. By the way, when are you on Adelaide Radio April? We are getting our national rollout for the show at the end of April, just half to Easter. Unless radio has been canceled by then, Adelaide CBD. In my way to work, I noticed a mixed business not offering two different services, but three until midnight. Get this one, then a pharmacy that makes sense, a cafe and a flower shop. Who needs all of those up until midnight? I mean you must have really screwed up or had a bad argument where at five to twelve you're trying to get some manky old roses that have been in there all day long. Christina, thank you very much the last one and I just always go to news headlines. This comes from paul O Flaherty. Christian, I love the show this week. I was listening to the one about Pepe. I'm out of the exclusion that was yesterday, wasn't it in the ten minute man?
Speaker 4: That's from an email that can stay.
Speaker 3: Thank you outstanding. There may be an even bigger story here. Perhaps there is something else about the Pepe nickname for his bit that Jack isn't telling you. I speak a bit of Filipino in that language. Pepe really is a name and inoffensive slang name for the nether regions, really, but not the male ones.
Speaker 4: Well there you go.
Speaker 3: I did not know that the legend of lives on. Oh that's a great spot. Thank you very much. If you even got any emails for the show, Christian at gold one if four to three dot com dot au, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Yello.
Speaker 3: This emails just come in from Sandy Murphy. This is incredible. What do we like at the moment?
Speaker 2: Christian?
Speaker 3: Yesterday me my five year old granddaughter. We were out for the day and she needed to go to public toilets. Off we go and wait in line to use the toilets. There was a worker standing just outside the toilet stool doors holding rolls of toilet paper, asking everyone if they were doing a number one or a number two. No, I asked my granddaughter, what did she need a number one or a number two? She said, Nana, just to number one. So the lady handed her three squares of tilet paper.
Speaker 4: That's insane, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: When I queried why there were no toilet paper in the cubicles for us to use get this, she told me that people were breaking the holders and stealing the rolls. Inside.
Speaker 2: We're descending into like you know, you see this.
Speaker 3: In Zombie Moved, Yes, where people go crazy and yet what stealing this was just insane And.
Speaker 4: The zombies aren't even on the street yet, Like, what's going to happen when the zombies?
Speaker 3: Actually, what do you mean yet? Let's all start those rumors that if you get coronavirus and die, you come back to life as a zombie. Joking. Nothing, what happened like that? All right? So coming up next one dollar jingle? Yesterday on the show we set up this new service. Jack has now a home recording studio in the spare room. So describe the scene in the spare room.
Speaker 4: Well, it's still a little bit messy, but it used to be a bedroom. I've now pushed the bed and mattress up against the wall for.
Speaker 3: To say, what happens that we come around to yours one night and stay the night? What happens I have to sleep up against the wall, stood up like Dracula.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes in a crypt.
Speaker 4: You couldn't stay. It would be a lot of hassle to get the bed down off the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no way your wife is going to be okay with that. Surely you've got to then pack away the studio and let people stay.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not as it's all plugged in. I mean, well when there's a lot of wires Abbey.
Speaker 2: Roads studios anyway.
Speaker 3: So you've got a home recording studio in the spread, the beds up against the walls.
Speaker 4: Beds up against the wall. There's the guitar, there's MIDI keyboard that connects into the computer and the new recording software which I haven't used before, but I'm getting used to using, which is why it took me actually several hours yesterday to make the jingle that I've made. It's not gonna sound like it's got several hours work in it.
Speaker 3: Patty, it wasn't he given the big one about oh the music he's going to make.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 3: So here's the other one to all the jingle works. It's two things really. One we're using the new studio that we have online, which is Jack's Jackie Roads Studios in a spare bedroom. But we're making small businesses little businesses because big businesses, all businesses are going to have a very very tough year this year, and the local small businesses really need our sport because they're going to have an extra tough year. And so just I wondered if we could give you a free advert, a local, really small business, a free advert every single week, the one dollar jingle. It's called the one dollar jingle because we actually the law is we can't give you free advert. There has to be get this at least one dollar exchange. So it's the one dollar jingle. So we got two businesses after this outbreak that we're going to play to them for the first time, their brand new jingles that Jack and I have written and made. I'm now worried because these aren't that bad that the boss is going to say, Hey, less time one about the show, more time making.
Speaker 4: The adverb it ours is, I have to say, better than some of the ads that are on the stage.
Speaker 2: Because we'll have clients soon go and can Christian and Jack made cars as well.
Speaker 3: So Royal Driveways is Royal Driveways great name for driveways company. It's rememborable like that. Royal Driveways and Vanilla Hare which is Murrie. She's a mobile hairdresser. This is Jack's little minijingle. You hear the full thing in a minute for Royal Driveways is the first play anything come up of Jackie Road Studios, Jack's spare bedroom studio, All all your Driveway. Tell you what it does? Not sound like a spare burd of. It sounds very good, that sounds great. However, don't give it the last one that that took seven hours.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: I could go into a studio, plum my hands on a keyboard and just go right drive worse.
Speaker 2: Done it let's go out for dinner. They won't know to him it took a cover.
Speaker 3: This did not take from several hours doing what.
Speaker 7: Your drive way?
Speaker 3: Six seconds your drive.
Speaker 6: I had hit to breathe. That would have taken.
Speaker 2: Several hours pass It's a computer. It's a button on.
Speaker 4: Software, software that I've never used. Had to learn how to use it, how to.
Speaker 2: Several hours to do that?
Speaker 3: All right, you could you're about to tell sorry.
Speaker 2: What a reign of terror?
Speaker 3: I run in paths together, all right, so you can hear the jingles coming up next, the first ever two one dollar jingles coming up next to.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, time for the first ever one dollar jingles. This is where every Friday, Jack and I are going to write, produce, jas going to do all the musical bits, so provide the voice of the bits, make you a jingle where we only change you one dollar. And this is for the really small local business that could never normally afford a radio advert. We're looking to help you out this year. It's gonna be tough for you, for everybody, and we're going to help you out. We only need one dollar from you, because apparently it's a legal to give you a free advert. So we just need one dollar and then we will make you the one dollar jingles every Friday because the first one we thought we might not just one but two. So first up, then this is Vanilla Hare. We spoke to Marie yesterday. She's on her this advert. Patsy, let us know what you think. Okay, okay, how many is you watching? Commercial radio? Ah?
Speaker 6: Thirty in October?
Speaker 4: Wow, thirty year celebration in October. We've got to celebrate.
Speaker 2: That is incredible anyone? So is that continuous employment touch Wood?
Speaker 6: Yes, survivor boys, But.
Speaker 2: It means we've got a couple of months to try and get her.
Speaker 4: Out the door.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Vanilla Hair, Vanilla Hair, Marie and Vanilla Hair. Here's her one dom a jingle made by Jack and I thinking about getting your hair cut. I need a haircut, but worried about being in public places.
Speaker 6: I'm worried about being in public prices.
Speaker 3: I hear you, random member of the public, Then let Vanilla hair come to you. Vanilla Hair have over thirty five years of cut in crafting and styling experience, and Vanilla Hair come to you wherever there is hair. She'll be there, and there is an easy way to remember them.
Speaker 4: Vanilla Hair hair.
Speaker 7: Baby Baby, Vanilla hair hair Baby, Oh four seven seven one one three three five nine yeah, three five nine.
Speaker 3: Vanilla Hair Salon de Francais sounds fancy.
Speaker 2: They are not at fancy prices.
Speaker 3: If your hair could talk, it would say, please call Vanilla Hair as a chemical free shampoo and conditioner for every customer. That's what do you reckon?
Speaker 6: Fantastic? I loved it.
Speaker 3: I spent a long time working in commercial ready, so I think I know a lot.
Speaker 4: About how this is all the cliches.
Speaker 3: All right. So that's Marie and Viana the hair and her one dollar jingle. Now we go to Matt. We spoke to Matt yesterday and he works for Royal Driveways. Is there one dollar jingle? There's never been a better time to get your driveway looking great.
Speaker 1: Your majesty, it's a phone call for you.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is the Queen for the business.
Speaker 1: I get eh.
Speaker 4: I've just seen your amazing driveway.
Speaker 1: Now Bucco Pellas?
Speaker 3: Who did that? In Australian I thought I said, don't put any through.
Speaker 2: Yes, my driveway is sick, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: My Commonwealth friend I used royal driveways.
Speaker 1: Homo.
Speaker 3: These guys all all your driveway use royal driveways.
Speaker 2: Live like a king and turn your home into.
Speaker 3: A castle with royal driveways. I hope they get business off the back of those. Okay, those are the one dollar jingles. So if you'd like one dollar jingle next week on the show, give us a call. Now, this is just for small local businesses. We're trying to do our bit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right, well, this is exciting. We hear from time to time about the amazing lavish lunchbox that Patsy's daughter Aldie gets, and Jack and I persuaded pats to make for you to make a lunch.
Speaker 6: Box for us, both to the extras last night.
Speaker 3: Now, this is the moment where you could take down this breakfast show. Is how Joe and Limo ended.
Speaker 2: No, I never used box from Patsy. Eat up Bertie that misery.
Speaker 6: They got a pretty lunch box opening.
Speaker 3: Now, first of all, I've got a sparkly beautiful purple one smiggle one.
Speaker 6: You've got the new one.
Speaker 3: Just got a very basic one. What's called Yes, first thing I've noticed Jack, can you see what are these smear marks on that?
Speaker 6: It is not It's just a bit of food from the lead.
Speaker 2: Did you wash your hands as well?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I did, No, I do, of course I did properly. Okay, yes I did?
Speaker 3: Stream and I all right?
Speaker 4: Opening it up?
Speaker 3: Now? Can I just say ten out of ten?
Speaker 6: Presentation, lots of color.
Speaker 2: This is amazing, this is incredible.
Speaker 6: What have you got there? We both got the same.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple.
Speaker 3: Of This is amazing.
Speaker 4: Quince and this is where Audrey is every day.
Speaker 6: She loves quinces past.
Speaker 3: I love quince pace. It's a big old dollar of it. I mean it's expensive.
Speaker 4: And is it Cambert?
Speaker 6: That is Camember?
Speaker 3: Beautiful salad.
Speaker 2: Here another compile of strawberries and grapes and.
Speaker 3: Blueberries which was super food. Lovely biscuits. Here for the cheese I'm get.
Speaker 2: And then there's an old school role here.
Speaker 6: Yes this isn't buttered. She doesn't like butter, but I do. Oh well, sorry, you miss?
Speaker 4: Is this paint food?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: It's like a deconstructed.
Speaker 6: That's how she likes it.
Speaker 4: She doesn't the cold cuts are separate? Is that to build it? When she's at school? That's actually pretty smiley?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 6: What are your cold cuts?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 6: What have you got?
Speaker 4: I've got some salamimi?
Speaker 2: Is this pepperoni? If I got hair?
Speaker 6: No, it's a mild salami Hungarian mild and a beautiful bit of triple smoked ham shaped.
Speaker 4: This is the poshous lunchbox in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Carrots and cucumber. This is so nice cherry tomato.
Speaker 3: Page you right?
Speaker 2: Would you make one of these every day?
Speaker 6: Think on it every day?
Speaker 3: No, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: This is I'm.
Speaker 6: In there. You've each got one?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: I love this? It's a handwritten note. Does she get this every day?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Mine says a hardy lunch for strong boy. Thank you.
Speaker 6: What does it say on the other side, Christian?
Speaker 3: What do you put drop dead?
Speaker 6: It's number one? On one side it does actually, yes, I always put a little note so proud of you for being kind or have a great day or you know that's very kind.
Speaker 2: That's lovely. Patsy, this is really nice.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right? Cooldin Now what is in your lunchbox? But christ John O'Connell Breakfast show podcast. All right, so we're going to rate your lunchboxes now. Patsy has made Jack and I and it's more like a picnic.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 3: Seriously, if they're like the Langham Hotel were to put together a picnic, this is what they would aim to try and get it that good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: Are other kids in the school yard envious of what she has every day?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I don't think that it's the royal standard. Is It's come on, that's amazing. I seem to remember as well, well, my mom to do fish fish past.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 6: You can still get it in tiny little jars, can't you? Like a bad cheap pattern? And it was really salty.
Speaker 4: On bread or what was it?
Speaker 3: Just in red? Just awful. Honestly, when I see it now, I want to dry heaves meary old fish paste. I mean when said my wife is pregnant with our first daughter, you know, he had the weird food craving. She had a fish paste and I come home every day right and opened the door, and the house will stink of like warm fish, like an old nana's house, and she'd be like she'd gone crazy. She had like Winnie the pool and the stuff she became addicted is mister Shipman's reddish, which sounds quite rude in there shoveling it into a pie hole and was like, do it in the garden. Let's go line down and hear what you've got in your lunch boxes. James, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, James. How's your weep been so far? Mate? Week's been amazing. Yeah. What's been the best thing about your week so far?
Speaker 4: James?
Speaker 10: Probably this one, Probably this moment.
Speaker 3: Well chat to us. Well, snap, it's the highlight of my week, is chatting to you? James? Yep, yeah, sounds right, all right, James, what's any lunchbox?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: I've got a whole of bock choy to start off with.
Speaker 8: Story.
Speaker 4: Ye, that's like the worst vegetable on its own.
Speaker 3: What else have you got? James?
Speaker 10: Do you know the real size size just that you get out of.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's bigger.
Speaker 2: Do you like tune or is Mum just making you have that?
Speaker 6: I love truth much.
Speaker 4: Stick the bock choy in the tuna you go to go.
Speaker 3: All the kids in the yard are crowding around here, James. And what else you got the box?
Speaker 2: You got the bock choy, you got the tuna.
Speaker 3: One else is in there?
Speaker 8: Chicken key of sandwich?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good and then what have you got.
Speaker 3: To drink.
Speaker 10: The water at school?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay? And you've got any chips to go with that? Always you so have chips as well?
Speaker 9: No, not exactly.
Speaker 2: Times have change.
Speaker 3: No, they can't have that, all right, Jack, We now have to rate their lunchboxes. So I'm going to give that a one out of five.
Speaker 4: I'll give it. I'll give you a three out of five for the chicken key of sandwiches holding it aloft the tutor in the buck Choy. I wouldn't Harry to recess James for me personally, that is not advertising.
Speaker 3: And James, what are you going to be doing this weekend? What good stuff you've got on this weekend? Mate?
Speaker 10: Nothing?
Speaker 8: But can a friend say hi?
Speaker 3: Couse? It can?
Speaker 2: Who's your mate?
Speaker 8: Yes, Lucky, my dad might be listening to the radio.
Speaker 2: So what's the name of your dad?
Speaker 3: Zaine Zain? Cool dad name?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Who's this I'm talking to? Lucky?
Speaker 2: Lucky? All right?
Speaker 3: What you do outside school?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: We're in school. We're right next with Free okay? And do you listen to the show every day? I thought you're too young and cool to listen to us.
Speaker 10: Oh no, my dad just kind of forces.
Speaker 8: Mel's cool.
Speaker 7: It's cool you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks. I appreciate that. That's kind. Work for the music.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I do enjoy the music.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, Lucky having back to word Jimmy, James lead mate, Christian. Yeah, that's great to catch up with Lucky. And so you're calling us from scott you're calling us from school. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he listened to us every morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, I do.
Speaker 3: All right, James, you and Luck you have a good day to then have a great weekend. Thanks for calling mate. It's okay, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you for listening to me.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yes, James, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Those two go to a posh school, don't They're very polite. We got here, Sharon, good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. So are you the kid or is this the mum? This is the mum, right, okay.
Speaker 10: So my children, my girls don't eat sandwiches for lunch, so they today they've got a smoked salmon salad with tomatoes from the garden. And my other daughter has pasta that she made with tomatoes from the garden and olive oil and homemade zucchini and vegetable soup.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 3: Oh you know it takes a lot of effort to do it, or doesn't it make in their lunches every day?
Speaker 2: Sharing? It's a lot of work, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I pre prepare the soup and sometimes it's like leftover pasta, and then the other time whip up the salad in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yep. And do you reckon they're actually eating this?
Speaker 10: Yes, they do. They request it. They don't eat sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Don't you confess what you told me during the sung.
Speaker 4: I'm not proud.
Speaker 3: It's been a week of confession show.
Speaker 4: I for the whole my primary school life, every day I would throw my sandwich in the bin.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: My mum and dad would make it the night before and I would completely disregard that. And I was ungrateful when I would throw it, throw it in the bin.
Speaker 3: I didn't want it, and what would you eat instead?
Speaker 4: I would just see the tiny teddies and then that would fuel me through the day.
Speaker 2: And you've still got that baby burn appetite now.
Speaker 4: I think that's why that's where it comes from. I'm sorry, mum.
Speaker 3: If you hear this, jackually want to say this out loud on the lady because you're worried that your mom would get upset.
Speaker 2: It's what about being told off by his mum?
Speaker 1: Today Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Kimberly, Good morning, Oh Kimberly, how old are you mate? I'm twelve twelve? What a great age to be twelve? And how's your week been so far? Kimberly.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 9: That's going to be even more better because on the weekend we're going to be getting a haunt and we're going to the Robbie Williams concert.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what a great weekend. What are you more excited about getting the horse or seeing Robbie Williams live?
Speaker 8: Give me a horse?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what is the horse?
Speaker 1: He called Daily?
Speaker 3: Daily Daily?
Speaker 2: You like that name?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what's in your We'll leave it there, Kimberly, what's in the old lunch box?
Speaker 9: Okay? So I have fruit and vegetables, and the fruit and vegetables are celery, a sleet tea grapes and cutumber. And I have a nice warm vun a king can oh prilli. I have TikTok cookies, a fellow frog, and my favorite part the crunched up biscuits contest.
Speaker 3: Tell you what it's The second half was really good at that. I'd get rid of the celery, get rid of all the fruit and all the rest around. Just get straight to the old Tim Tams been the rest of it. Will give it to a nerd at school or something, But I would the Tim Tams the highlight of that, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: It is? Yeah? All right, Well I give this five out of five your lunch box Jack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gave it a solid four and a half out of five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kimberly, yes, yes, yeah, all right, Kimberly.
Speaker 2: We'll let you go.
Speaker 3: Now, have a great weekend. I hope you enjoy getting your horse and you'll love Robbie Williams live. He's brilliant live. Yeah, yeah, thanks pleasure, Kimberly speak, you said, take care of a nice you can by kim Believe. Is there any one who want to say loo to while you're on the radio?
Speaker 2: Any mates?
Speaker 3: Dad? Hiad Yeah, real message from the heart one of my kids, Dad hid Kimberley, Lord Chipmunk that laugh, Kimberley, Daki may much recording. Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcasts.
Speaker 3: In the last twenty four hours. Tom Hanks, it's got coronavirus here in Australia. Plus I didn't know he was in Australia, not like we should know.
Speaker 2: We did it?
Speaker 3: They call over the view two. Tom Hanks is here, but.
Speaker 2: Also is making a Baz Luhrman Elvis movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, playing the colonel in it.
Speaker 3: I thought I was about to say, because he looks a little bit like Colonel Tom Parker, so he will be an amazing colonel who is playing the king?
Speaker 4: I think it is the guy. This is what Bianca told me. Anyway, you know at the end of Once upon a Time in Hollywood. Yeah, see guy who breaks into the house.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: I think that's gonna be l really right. I actually no one quote me on that. I'm using some very thin information, but that's what I assume it is.
Speaker 3: If it's a baz Luhrman Elvis pick, it will be amazing. I love baz Lerman films. They're great and so yes, so everything's changing it moment and then everything now is about the Grand Prix. So in the news this morning you might have heard it. Perhaps he's saying it it might be postponed, which for a Formula one Grand Prix. I don't know how it's other roll or it's off. You can't postpone it. It's not like they're gathering all the drivers around going Lewis, are you're good for the nineteenth now? My wife's got a girls, we can.
Speaker 2: How can they can't really postpone it passed? Can they saw their on or off? What is the latest?
Speaker 6: All the latest is so the gates were meant to open at eight forty five just minutes ago, but apparently track marshals are there on loudspeakers telling fans that just wait, it's been postponed as in the opening of the gates until they work out what today's scheduling is. So it seems like they've gone right back to square one. So but we heard overnight, of course out of the UK that it was going to be called off.
Speaker 3: Surely they must have if it's going to be counseled today and over the weekend, they must have had to make a decision by now. Do you think they're still in fighting and arguing about the different team members Because there's so much money in Formula One, it's a big corporate thing this weekend as well, that there's a lot at States. Do you think that they're still arguing They don't know, they've not made a clear decision about whether it's on well.
Speaker 6: Qualifiers qualifying set to start within hours, so it now appears like it is going ahead at this stage, but still no one said anything, so it's up in the air.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, it's bizarre. And then obviously the footy season is going to be starting next Thursday. We've all been waiting for it for months, we've all been counting down to it. And now by the time next Thursday comes around, do we think that we're actually going to be able to go and watch the opening game?
Speaker 4: A part of you, a part of you wants to see it, just for the bizarreness of seeing a completely empty stadium for the opener and round one.
Speaker 3: Especially because it's such a huge game, opening game, the first of a brand new season. The thought of it being in an empty stadium.
Speaker 4: Will they let people still go to the boxes because the boxes but no mass gathering.
Speaker 3: But no mass gatherings, they won't be able to have anyone.
Speaker 4: Well, they need to have commentators and stuff. Some people will be allowmentators won't be allowed in either.
Speaker 6: No, they might do it remotely, yeah doing they won't be allowed home, yeah maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hamius forgot let me doing it from his place. Seriously, they won't be like no one will.
Speaker 6: Be allowed to If the government rules this is what's happening, then that that will be it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it will be amazing to see what they're doing in the UK with this.
Speaker 3: And you know what, the managers hear the coaches they're not allowed in either. They have to fax through their instructions. They do look it up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast added music.
Speaker 3: Jason was kind enough to let me play an Elvis song this week after we've got some good news about the ratings. So I played the Wonder review on the show on Wednesday, and I started to think it sounded so great, and millions of people contact at the radio station, millions all over the world saying it'd be grateful we had Elvis Wednesday. And then you hear the news that Tom Hanks is in an Elvis movie. It really does feel like Tom Hanks is listening to this radio station quarantine right now, needs to hear that the country are behind him. And the King this movie that he got coronavirus, making so Jason over one thousand likes on our Facebook page for the Elvis petition. That's great. How many of those were bots? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Over one thousands?
Speaker 4: And we don't even know how to do buds?
Speaker 3: Come on? You know the level of this show. So Elvis Wednesday back next Wednesday. Well, let's see how some of this great hits we could be bringing you on Elvis Wednesday. Doesn't it make you feel good to hear the King see all this great music every Wednesday? But don't the news take it away? King Elvis Wednesday. I just need a quick nod now, happy to they were it a Wednesday? By Wednesday? See how it goes. Let's see how we go. So it's back next week. Say that I said, let's see how we go?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 3: When? Well before next Wednesday. Make a decision right now, otherwise you're as bad as the Formula one. I'm at the gates. I need to come in. I've got my tickets. Don't be McLaren, okay, don't be Ferrari.
Speaker 4: Do you hate Tom Hanks?
Speaker 3: Do you hate Elvis? It's something better next Wednesday? Stand by.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it anyway.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So here's what we know so far about the Formula one Patsy, what is the latest latest?
Speaker 6: L latest is we were meant to hear this hour, So there's still what seven minutes left to say if it is or isn't on. If it is on, the premier has said there'll be no crowds.
Speaker 3: Have we known in the last couple of weeks where you've seen so many massive iconic sporting events fixures all over the world being canceled. I've never heard a story I may be wrong where it's been left to the ridiculousness of minute by minute when eleventh well, yeah, I mean there are fans out there right now with tickets who've been paying tickets, who should have been told yesterday, not been treated like this.
Speaker 2: Want to have a way to treat you.
Speaker 4: For it's not even the eleventh hour.
Speaker 6: Gates will be open, yeah, an hour ago.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. I know it is. We keep saying that, but we are living in unbelievable times at the moment. And next week when we return Monday, I mean, Gil may even make a statement today if there are no crowds allowed it at Formula one. I don't see how he has any of the choice than to announce today that they're going to be no crowds allowed next Thursday night, which is obviously for safety, is understandable, but it's just unthinkable no one at that big game.
Speaker 4: And then dare we say, dore we even start to think if the games won't be played at all?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what about that. I'm hoping that the games are played. But the real big thing about the games will be you know, just said that one of Arsenal's biggest players, are Tet, has been tested positive in the EPL. It'll be over here there will be players who start to get coronavirus. I don't think that's too fast that then what does that do for the season and that.
Speaker 4: Round, well, you have to suspend some games, yes.
Speaker 3: And then what is it. You've got an incubation period of two weeks, so two rounds out where no one can play those, and then other teams might start to be infected with it and get coaches or anything come into contact with the physios. It's such a big entourage that all the teams had, and then they're stripping it down at the moment has access to them anyway, come and last emails from us then before we go into the weekend, I mean, real feel good show today, guys. Do you know starting Monday, what's not We're start a new feature right what's not being canceled?
Speaker 4: One event are going ahead?
Speaker 3: I know we live in a canceled culture. Now it's become ridiculous. I saw yesterday there was a thing trending which to simply cancel everything. What is not being canceled? I mean, I'm guessing that people have like parties arranged and stuff like that. Even this weekend and the next couple of weeks that's starting to be canceled.
Speaker 4: But people will be getting out of things they didn't want to go to. That's what I'm hoping to say it like that.
Speaker 3: I'm the same as Jack. I've already starts to use one or two excuses. Now all let's come from LJ. Listen to us in America, Christian. What is going on in Australia. I'm finding out so much about Australia from listening to your podcast. Learned so far. The Austrains drink beer in the shower. You do they pay outside Jack and his family do they all like to drive without shirts and shorts? We found out this yesterday and now they're stealing public loo rolls from the walls of cubicles. Yet we found that this morning as well. Jay Also a couple of emails have come in. We're about movies that don't age very well. Let's roll it over to Monday. We're running out of time now. Final one then from Jacinta Patsy talking about her epic story is earlier on this morning about the loo rolls. Apparently Cole's has a stash of toilet paper out the back for people who really need it. How do you persuade, yes, anyone that you actually do as you really need it, like right now, like it's it's at the door knocking, is coming out or is.
Speaker 4: It you waddling in doing a your belt saying hey, I've got some finished business and.
Speaker 3: Home all right? Then stay safe this weekend. We are back Monday morning unless we get canceled.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast