Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 1: So we have a date and now very excited. So we have a venue, a great venue as well for our stand up comedy night with the Difference next week. It's going to be on Thursday, the seventh of April. This is a stand up comedy night that we're putting on. I'll be hosting it and it's for you if you've never done stand it before, but you've always wanted to give it a go, but you've been worried about being a hecklored the number one Golden Rulers. There's no heckling. So there is a brilliant comedy club on a Monday night at the local taphouse in Saint Kilda. I've done you know. It's where comedians go and they try out new material and last minded that their Tony Martmer's up there trying some stuff. It is a brilliant cozy. You know in some pubs they get it right. The atmosphere. As soon as you go in you just feel, I don't know what home there. It's I think cold about it. So I'm super excited that it's the local taphouse that is where we'll be doing it and where all the acts will get onto the very intimate little stage. Sometimes in bigger venues there is gap between you and the front row. There's no gap. No, you can see the audience faces and are they laughing? Some nights are there some people decide to rest their feet on the tiny little stage as well. Always annoys me, but anyway, it's a property comedy club. This is where the big comics all go and try out new material, and they go there on a Monday night because of the setting in this room. So that's where it's going to be. We're chelly later on this week how he can win your way there. Meet some of the people then who we've already booked to come on, and there are a couple more spots which will be filling up this week. So over the weekend, the four that we've got on the lineup at the moment, we're giving a homework asks them to spend some time this weekend thinking about the stories that they'd like to share up there. So this is Gus, who I'm calling the fifteen year old teenage sensation because I've seen his act. What he wants to talk about. He's got some great stuff.
Speaker 3: Morning Legends. It's Gus here with another update. He is rifting, my friend. I'm not sure that I'm the fifteen year old sensation that you ever referred to me as one those stories that I want to share. I'm feeling really excited about them, really confident. I timed the whole thing. I rehearsed them to the family. They were laughing so much, and that made me feel awesome. That was a really nice reaction to see. So all in all, I'm feeling awesome about it. It's going to be great. Little bit a little bit nervous, but yeah, overall, pretty excited and can't wait to get out there. All right, talk soon.
Speaker 4: He's timed it, which means he's ready to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just thought this would be part of the process. I read it yesterday, right, and he goes, it's done. He actually have completed it. I guess it's a computer game. Look, he's completed stand up for he's submitting homework and you're his teacher. So that's fifty year old Gusts. We've also got cold feet, Sam. This was a guy who wanted to stand up, went to and open my night and got cold feet. Sam is on the bill.
Speaker 5: Hey Christian, it's cold feed Sam here, good progress made this week. The first thing I've been doing is been wearing a couple pairs of socks. You stay. I figure if I keep those tutsies nice and warm, you know I won't get cold feet at your show. The other thing is I've been dreaming a lot, and there is one recurring dream. It's at the comedy show.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's at the end of my set. It pans out to the audience and everyone's roaring with laughter. There is one problem in that the dream's not showing me what I actually said to make them laugh. So yeah, I'm hoping over the next few days, I just dreamed that part out and yeah, if that works, you know, the set will right itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, ask Gus. Course it's done. He's got nothing to do for the next week. En off, twiddling time down.
Speaker 2: I've even done that. I think I've ever chimed out with anything ever. Now this lady calls herself crazy cat. I have to be honestly to speak today. I need her blessing to call.
Speaker 1: I don't feel comfortable calling her crazy cat, but she does refer to her as crew herself as crazy Cat. We call her six foot two cat.
Speaker 4: Christian, it's crazy Cat here. And I've been thinking of moments in my laugh that make me laugh. One that springs to mind is the time I try to empower other tall girls by making a Facebook page called tall Girls are Hot to like, you know, advocate and liberate us. But it's somehow, over time accidentally become like a fetish page where tiny little skinny men started sending pics of themselves being carried around by tall, muscly women. Not the kind of liberation I was after. Any Who, king got to go and check my Facebook messages.
Speaker 1: Than love Cat, She's going to smash it next week like she is going to just kill next week Cat. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant put that story as well. And then there's the super grand Debbie who we love.
Speaker 3: Hey, Christian, it's Jip, the sixty one year old souperin en.
Speaker 4: Wat her the other day when I explained her while I was doing signy.
Speaker 5: Oh great, mum, be laughing at your own jokes.
Speaker 2: I do have some stories that I think people will enjoy, and one it's about.
Speaker 4: Sun borrowing my car.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people care late that, so look forward to working with you. Take care Christians soon. Bye.
Speaker 3: I hope there's a little more to the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, look, I've got to put much time in with Gus, so I've got time to spread it to others who need to help this week, all right, So if you do, if you listen to this thing, King, you know what, I'd love to part of this. We are helping you out, honestly. You know, some of them don't need that much help. Gus and Sam and Kata doing really well. Debbie will be great as well. We're going to help you guys out as well with what you do up there. You're not just gonna be left alone if we book you this week that you've got to try and work out how on earth you're going to structure what you want to say out there. We can help with that. So if you do want to get involved, it is going to be all locked down really by the middle of this week. Do not waste any time because other people will get in there ahead of you. It will be a really special night. You feel great afterwards. It'll be an incredible feeling to know that you actually did stand at comedy. If you don't do this, there'd be no other opportunity as good as this for you to really try and stand at comedy where it is stacked as much as it can be in your favor. Email me today, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast