Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with brit Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: Bady your work, our windows done?
Speaker 4: That's my world reason the dust only good babs.
Speaker 5: As all day.
Speaker 2: I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 5: It don't matter where does? This is the pickup?
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, It's the pick up with brid Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 5: How are you feeling today?
Speaker 4: It's Thursday? Feeling great? Thanks for reminding me, you know. That's why I do that intentionally, because you often forget what date of the week it is, so I feel like I say it to you at the start.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that you can always say it to me before we actually get onto.
Speaker 2: The show, though I do.
Speaker 4: This is a double down reminder because you get on and you're like, happy Friday. Do you know I got the funniest message. So the other week we were talking about on the show the stupidest meltdowns that your kids have had, like the tantrums that were just irrational and made absolutely no sense. And I thought that this this one might even get a snort out of your bread.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not allowed to snort either.
Speaker 4: You've been burned I'm actually so many rules in put on me on this show.
Speaker 2: No singing, no snorting.
Speaker 4: This the two things that define who I am, and also the laugh you can keep laughing.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks, you were Oh wow, so generous. What's the message?
Speaker 1: Okay, last week you guys were discussing toddler meltdowns on the show. My almost three year old lost his absolute shit tonight because he couldn't get the ball out of his ballsack.
Speaker 5: Hang on, bullsack is in?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Is that a game or his testicles?
Speaker 2: His testicles?
Speaker 4: He couldn't get the hard ball out of it, and so we would frustrate me.
Speaker 5: That would frustrate me too.
Speaker 4: I understand, God, you're not a man bridge. It's like a puzzle, like a maze. When you can't get out of a maze, it's frustrating. So if you're trying to find the opening for the ball to gather ball sack, you can't, that would.
Speaker 5: Be really annoying.
Speaker 1: It's just it screams to me that this three year old only just discovered that that's what he has, and he was like, I want that, I want that marble.
Speaker 2: How can I get it? You can't? Unfortunate?
Speaker 5: Alrighty well, on the show.
Speaker 4: Today, we have a caller with a really big problem coming up.
Speaker 2: Actually, is it worse than trying to get a ball out of ball?
Speaker 5: You think she has an issue? No, we have Christie. It's going to be on the phone. She's she's been with a partner.
Speaker 4: Since she was eighteen, so a very very long time, and she's feeling like she's missing out. You know those moments of like is the grass always greener? I'm trying to decide if you go or if you stay. That's the predicament she's in. So we're gonna be talking to her a little bit later. It is time for one of the segments that Laura and I do every single week on our podcast Life Uncut.
Speaker 5: It is called Ask Uncut and it's.
Speaker 4: Where you guys writing or you call up with your biggest, darkest, deepest problems and we give our best uneducated I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to say unsolicited, and it's kind of solicited. It's just not yeah, it's not qualified.
Speaker 5: It's solicited. It's just yeah, it's just not qualified. But we have today a bit of a predicament with Christie. She's been with a partner since she was eighteen years old. Wants to know is she missing out?
Speaker 3: Hey Christy, Hey yeah, look I love him so much, but I do think about all the years of kind of missed out on what my friends always talk about.
Speaker 4: How old are if you do not my umy're asking, like calling you guys together.
Speaker 3: For I'm twenty nine, so it's been eleven years.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's great these days you'ven last that long. I mean, what is it that your friends are saying you're missing out on? If you're saying you're in love with your partner and you're having a great time, like what the dating scene is not what people cut it out to be.
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's a sort of romanticized idea around just spreading your wild oats or whatever they're saying, is, you know, just getting out there and kind of having some fun and playing around. I mean, I love my partner and I'm glad I don't have to do that, but I'm like, you know, the grass is always green?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I actually do understand what you're saying. You can be so in love and so happy, but when you haven't had any other experiences to compare it to, that's what plants the seed of doubt. Because you're like, how do I know there's not better? How do I know there's not worse? How do I know there's not someone better suited? I understand why those feelings come. I do want you to know that the dating world is grim.
Speaker 2: It's really grim.
Speaker 4: It's probably not as good as people are making it out.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: The thing is, no one wants to learn that lesson though. You're never going to break up from a great relationship with a person that you're saying that you love for the potential of going out there and just seeing if you get hurt and then realizing actually, that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Like that, it sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: If you're happy and he's great, it just means you got so lucky that you met someone so young that you didn't have to go through the trenches and kids a holy betose.
Speaker 4: I agree, But I do think that there is something to not necessarily not wanting to be with your partner, but wanting different experiences. And maybe that's different sexual experiences. Maybe it's it's I understand that that there's a thought for you saying, hey, maybe I'll just know one person intimately for my entire life. But that doesn't mean there can't bit at least be a conversation with your partner on maybe they're feeling the same way, maybe you could open up the relationship.
Speaker 5: There are so many different ways to have.
Speaker 4: A relationship now, but of course in that situation, it has to be a very consensual conversation, like it can't be one of you being like.
Speaker 2: I'm opening it up, I'm going out. H Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think we romanticize this idea of like the grass is greener. I mean, I have a really good friend of mine who she got married not lastly, the other year before, and she's been with her partner since she was nineteen years old, only like first boyfriend, first sexual experience, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I remember when we were in our early twenties and having this exact conversation with her, and we because we were also in our early twenties, and gave terrible advice.
Speaker 2: We were like, yeah, it's weird to only be with one person your whole life.
Speaker 1: Now she's married with him, and thank god she didn't listen to us, because she's like, I just met my soulmate early and he's amazing, and I got so lucky, great for Sharon, and then she she.
Speaker 5: Happy for she witnessed me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go through the trenches for ten years.
Speaker 5: But is that what you think it is? Christy? You think like that you actually want to be stuff.
Speaker 3: I could probably learn about myself if I was, But I don't know what that is, you know, and it's the unknown. And it's also spending too much time watching Sex in the City and Samantha.
Speaker 2: No, no one wants to actually be Samantha.
Speaker 5: That's also very produced.
Speaker 2: She's a terrible hot mess.
Speaker 4: It's not a reality show, it's fiction.
Speaker 2: Christy.
Speaker 1: I think if you're happy and your partner is great to you, and you honestly can say that you're in love with him, and I would not be giving or entertaining too much this idea that maybe there's something better out.
Speaker 2: There, but it might not be.
Speaker 5: No, I think best of both worlds.
Speaker 4: You can stay and also go to swingers club or experience.
Speaker 5: The best of both world you do what. Yeah, there's no normal.
Speaker 4: There's no normal, So there's ways that you can tick all your boxes.
Speaker 1: Imagine if your partner after ten years was like I'd allowed to go to swingers.
Speaker 2: Club, you'd go it.
Speaker 4: You'd go for sure, but I'd be the person just watches yeah, like the creep from the corner, just like go and watch through like.
Speaker 5: A little piggy hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you want some.
Speaker 1: Terrible advice like that, please give us a call and you might end up on the show next week. There is a very famous Australian influencer and TikToker named Indy Clinton.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure she won the TikTok Awards last year or something for the Creator of the Year. She's Hugh the Akma Awards, I don't know it's called. It's like the Social Media Awards.
Speaker 1: Well, Indy, she's only twenty seven years old and she has three children. She's got a Navy who's four years old, Bambi who's two, and Soul who is ten months. She has three kids under the age of four. Like that is wild times for anyone, let alone a twenty seven year old busy Yeah, and she shares a lot. I mean the reason why she's become very famous is that she is kind of a modern mummy blogger in terms and a mummy vlogger in terms of the fact that she shares so much about hers and her children's lives. And their family life across all of her social media platforms. Well, she's come under fire recently. There is a pretty aggressive Reddit thread and also some Daily Mail articles that have come out about her and about people's reaction to the way that her kids have behaved at a cafe recently. So Indy puts some photos and some stories up of her three children at a cafe. And I want to describe this to you because they're outside. They're clearly on a deck area, and the three children, all under the age of four, are making a total mess and they are pouring their baby chinos out, And like I said, it's outside, so I think part of the aur fresco vibes of it makes it slightly better. But have a listen to this. That just sounds like some very describable babies.
Speaker 5: Is it annoying? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it just?
Speaker 4: Does it just sound like three normal kids that are running around a cafe?
Speaker 5: Also, yeah, I just you know, I saw this and there is a.
Speaker 4: Lot of food on the ground, like the kids have dropped their whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I thought it looked like a Portuguese hard but yes, could be an egg and bacon roll.
Speaker 4: There's stuff around and it's noisy and it's chaotic, and she's filmed them doing it because that's what she does, right, she's a blogger. But it just makes me a little bit angry sometimes there constant shaming of women and mums for literally everything that they do. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She probably cleaned it up before she left, like would you not? Most normal people probably would pick up the food that their kids have dropped.
Speaker 5: On the ground.
Speaker 4: I just don't like this constant narrative of shaming women for everything.
Speaker 1: All the comments are things like this, like how dare you let your children to story a public space? If the kids can't behave themselves, then you shouldn't be taking them out. Have they cleaned up after their child and the public space to avoid causing a mess? I mean, everybody has opinions on this sort of stuff, and people get so angry.
Speaker 2: When I first saw it.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, it would not well, I have to be dealing with that situation with my kids. I think where she went wrong is sharing it on social media and allowing people to have an opinion of it. But I would be lying if I said that there hasn't been one too many times when we've taken the kids to the pub or tried to take them out for a dinner. Our kids are only eighteen months apart, so when they were really little, you'd have two in a high chair. You'd be trying to get food into them. They'd be food all over the floor, they'd spill stuff down the front of themselves. One of them would have a tantrum, and my husband and I would look at each other like why do we bother?
Speaker 2: Why are we trying?
Speaker 1: And we were trying because we were trying to have some sort of semblance of a life that was outside of our apartments, you know, our apartment at the time. And I guess like, of course we cleaned it up, and of course we tried to sit away from where patron were and everything else so that we didn't impact them. But I don't think that there would be a parent out there who hasn't been in a situation where their kids are causing chaos. And I would say that there's very few parents who just totally turn a blind eye to it and don't do the things that they need to to clean up and everything afterwards, you know, So like if.
Speaker 4: Your kid is two and three and four, and they're outside at a cafe with an area. They're going to be running around and playing. That's what they do. They're not old enough yet to say sit down, have some manners, eat with a knife and fork, like this sort of stuff's going to happen.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I am on the wrong side. Maybe I don't know the full context. Maybe she did throw a tart against the wall and then walk out, who knows, but I just my immediate response was almost to going and defend her.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting because that wasn't my immediate response. My immediate response was like, it was more the judgment around the posting it. But just because you don't post it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And I think my bigger reaction to this is sometimes when we see things on social media, whether it.
Speaker 2: Be a story or a real or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is, especially when it's been filmed as one continuous piece, you are seeing a snapshot in time, and in this particular story set, it was just kind of like all you could see was the outdoor area.
Speaker 2: There were no other people around.
Speaker 1: You could just see her kids, assuming that she was in an area, whether she wasn't disrupting other people, and she wasn't just like absolutely trashing the joint. But I think we often draw a lot of conclusions from a tiny, little slither of something that's just happened.
Speaker 2: They are the little snippets.
Speaker 4: I do see though, that it's like, yep, that's probably why I'm going to put the kids off for another year, one more year piece and quiet three.
Speaker 1: Kids under four is I can only imagine she's got a handsful.
Speaker 5: Well, praying for you, India Clinton.
Speaker 2: I don't think she needs us. She's fine.
Speaker 1: She's living a luxurious life doing well.
Speaker 4: So most of you have been following along, you'll know that I have been doing Dancing with the Stars. So it's a show that has been going on for the last two months, and it's aggressive.
Speaker 2: It has taken over your entire life.
Speaker 5: Wow, I just didn't know the hours you have to put in.
Speaker 4: It is NonStop, and especially when it comes to shoot time, it's even more intense. So just to give you, like an indication, sometimes I'll leave for work in the morning because I still have to work. I still have two jobs, but most of the other people are off work. I didn't know that. I didn't know, people like removed themselves from work and just dedicated the like that's blessed for them to be able to do that. I think that that's very unique to your season because at my season that was a couple of years ago, like Emily Weir was still shooting home and away and like everybody else had other work commitments. Anyway, I'm only saying that because what it means is I'll leave in the morning sometimes for work at like six thirty in the morning, and I'm getting home at nine thirty at night, and then I have to prep for the next day. And when I say prep, because we're shooting, you have to be like primmed, premed and proper. You have to be tan, slicked back, shade, moisturized like you need to be on point, brows, lashes, laser ten, laser whatever, whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Got in trouble the other day because I didn't wash my hair. I was supposed to wash my hair.
Speaker 4: Then I got in trouble because I washed my hair and I wasn't supposed to wash my hair.
Speaker 5: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you possibly keep up. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: But what happened to me was I feel like you were wondering where this is going. So I got home the other night, and I got home at nine thirty, and I had something to eat, and I was like, oh my god, I'm shooting again, first thing in the morning, and I had to put my tan on. Because you're putting tan on every two to three days, the other ten hasn't come off yet you have started to look particularly dark and patchy. So there's something called a tan exfoliator, which what you do is it's it's like a tan, but it's white, and you put it all over your entire body and you soak in it for ten minutes. Then you shower and scrub it off and it takes the tan off. Then you could proceed to retan. So that's the evolution of a tan. So I'm lad, thank god well, because you're looking at me like you were Laura's looking at me like what is a tan eraser?
Speaker 1: I was looking at you as though I was surprised that you were going into so much detail to explain it. But also I'm sure there's many men in the cars and who I'm very confused, So they're along for the ride.
Speaker 5: Now now I am naked and at ten pm at night.
Speaker 4: Now you got attention? Yeah one way, yeah, butt naked ten piam at night. I have aladded my entire body in this white foam, knowing that I have to get up in literally five and a half hours.
Speaker 5: So I'm so tired. So I go to get in the shower and wash it off.
Speaker 4: No water, none, not one drop of water from any tap in my house. And I'm like, are you kidding me? I message the neighbor. I have a Russian neighbor. I messaged him. I said, check your water, check your water a mill. He messaged back, He's like, it's out. And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: I couldn't even go.
Speaker 4: So I so I log online and I was like, what is happening? Meanwhile, my skin is burning. It's supposed to have a ten minute limit. So I go online and the local thing says, oh, we've cut off water to your area. It will be back on in a couple of hours. And I was like, oh my god, what am I going to do? So now my skin is burning and it's like foaming cause you're supposed to leave it on.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just get in the car and come to my house At.
Speaker 5: Ten thirty at night. I would take it with my foam.
Speaker 2: I would that would have been acceptable.
Speaker 1: I would have understood it bedde for great contemns.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I was like, what am I going to do?
Speaker 4: So I had the tiniest bit of water left in my jug from the day, and then I had a water bottle that had some water in it. But the water bottle was full of cordial because I only drink a cordial, so I start to pour. I started go into the shower. I'm pouring cordial all over my body.
Speaker 5: So now I'm sticky. It still hasn't come off properly. Thank god. An hour later, they turned the water back on. I'm like, brilliant.
Speaker 4: So I get in and I'm like, I can't believe that happened to me. My skin's still attacked. Fine, wash it off, exfolier, put my tan on. No, then it turned off again, basking my tan. It's supposed to be one hour.
Speaker 5: Guess what they did? Turn turn the wha off again, second time, second time in one night. It's one am. I am naked. I have been marinating in a tan for three hours.
Speaker 4: There's no left, there's no cordial, there's no there wasn't hose water. There wasn't any water, and so now I've got this. I'm ridiculously brown. I've got like burn patches of.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just imagining you going to the cupboard and you're like, okay, I've got I've got chickpeas.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: That's where I was at.
Speaker 4: And because it was so late at night, I was like, who can I call besides ghost, no one, No one was awake.
Speaker 2: What was the result of this? Nothing?
Speaker 4: At like two o'clock in the morning. I had to get up every hour to check the water came back on, and the water came back on.
Speaker 5: So I just basted in his hand for like four hours.
Speaker 1: Considering the ordeal that you've been through, you look relatively fine, well done.
Speaker 2: You just look you look great. You look like an Opol and Barye a little bit. I look like Willy.
Speaker 5: Wonka and the chocolate factory, all
Speaker 2: Right, he look guys, that is it from us,