Speaker 1: On air and I have radio.
Speaker 2: She's on The Money Radio Show with Victoria Divines.
Speaker 1: Starts now. Oh, hello and welcome to this.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money Radio Show podcast, the radio show podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. And now we've got, speaking of podcasts, the host of the Australian Podcast Awards, Mitch Tury and winner of another Australian Podcast Award, Victoria Devine.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Mitch, how good is this? We're talking about podcasts on a podcast pod, Sash.
Speaker 2: It's metai everybody. Let's talk about the forecast in the weather and that way we can get really meta every kind of cast there is.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited about this award actually because I worked really hard to get this. If we're honest, obviously you guys have heard me say, Bud, you direct intro and solved a million times. But they gave us so much creative control on a really big campaign this year. We worked really well with them and we you know, made sure that it was really organic and that our community love it, which I think is the most important thing for me. That it just really resonates with our community, and we got an award for it.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the best way to do it, like budget directs. Like when you actually have a product that you're sponsored by that you actually love, it is so easy just to work it in organically because you love it and you use it genuinely. So that's what happens when you do that, you get an award for it just for being you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, I absolutely loved it. I feel very grateful to work in this space and also to just work with my community every day, like it is just so fun and I feel like that was one of my favorite things at the Pod Awards, which was that just like overwhelming sense of community and that everyone's kind of got everyone's back, and we were talking about things and just being like, oh, if you don't know, like, I'll have a chat to you after this, I'll show you what we do. Because it's kind of like Podland is still a bit like the wild West. People don't really know what they're doing. But so far, so good, guys.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that the thousand dollars under your seat wall, now it was right.
Speaker 4: It was lie Mitch was lying. At the Podcast Awards. He told everybody there was a thousand dollars under my seat and then there wasn't trap.
Speaker 2: There was actually there was a second joke. So my first joke you'll hear in today's episode, but I'll give you an exclusive pod joke number two. So I said, Victoria Devine he had the first joke, and then I said, no, Victoria is not actually here. She's stuck in Melbourne. She didn't budget the trip budgeted.
Speaker 4: You guys are laughing because you know I would have budgeted for thattually. There was funny because that never would have happened.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a thousand bucks under her seat. There was probably eight thousand bucks. It was one of her bags that she was probably carrying, right Mitch, use.
Speaker 4: You know what was under my seat? The spare wine I got before we went in.
Speaker 2: We needed that.
Speaker 4: It was a theater style event, and I was like, I am not going in here with just one champagne, so I ordered two stuck one under my champs Can I just say, lass is because I am a genius.
Speaker 2: You're a superstar. The funny part was v and I walked out of the auditorium where I stepped off the stage. Let's go have a drink and celebrate your big, big success. Then we go out the way to walks up to V and I and goes, hi, congratulations on win. Can I interest if you want a chicken corma or a bottle of chicken?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. It was so weird. So it was a stand up event right, so theater style event. And then straight after the event there was like drinks and mingling of food and I think Mitch and I were waiting to get like a little spring roll or something, you know, food like yeah, yeah, money bags, anything fried turn out of ten to me. They had bowls going around with mashed potato and curry what I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Like so good.
Speaker 4: Everybody's holding glasses and then what expected to hold a bowl of curry and not going it everywhere? But then all of the award winners we had our glasses of champagne, our award in another hand, like how were we ever going to eat the curry? So when we got back to the hotels, Steve and I ordered a really big pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. I had to stand there talking to Sandra Sally eating a ghul lash.
Speaker 3: It on the show We should talk about the show today.
Speaker 1: It was actually Rack Victoria nearly died of a heart attack.
Speaker 4: After she that's the most mortifying sound that whoever been recorded.
Speaker 1: I'm going to use that as my ringtone from now. It is amazing.
Speaker 4: I would be like, who's having a feat?
Speaker 3: We talk about Black Friday sales again? Are we going to give your heads up? Because we're still amidst them all some of the biggest deals and some of the biggest things you can get involved in, but also.
Speaker 4: The most excitingly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the buy now the after.
Speaker 4: Reforms in the buy now, pay later sector here in Australia, we are going to discuss kind of in depth. I don't know how it's going to end up sounding because I went on and on and on and I think Trav just turned me off halfway. But that's okay because I will continue to talk about it on the pot.
Speaker 1: That's what I do to women all the time.
Speaker 4: Anyways, moving on, how that we get straight into Let's.
Speaker 3: Get into the show right now. It is She's on the Money radio show Saturday morning right across the country. It's She's on the Money Radio show with Australia's number one finance podcast and now married Victoria Devine and Mitch Churry as well.
Speaker 4: How long can I milk that for do you think.
Speaker 2: Perpetually until you get divorced?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, and then I can milk a divorce.
Speaker 2: Now, Trev, Can I just say the one person I would never want a divorce is Finance podcast a Victoria Devine, where you'd get screwed. You wouldn't get the boat, she'd take the spatula from the kitchen. Oh my god, we don't.
Speaker 4: Even have a boat. But you best believe if we were getting a divorce, I'd end up with your get.
Speaker 3: It and you know what, you would need to listen to Super Savis Saturday. You'd have a lot of money lemmas as well, which you're going to hear about here in the show a little bit later on. But right now we're talking about the buy now, pay later market.
Speaker 4: I am so excited about this. This reform made me download Twitter so I could tweet about it because I was like, Lucy, is it guys?
Speaker 2: So what do you reform?
Speaker 4: Well, here in Australia we have buy now, pay later, so that's things like after pay and zip pay and right now they don't actually have to stick to the rules that credit cards adhere to, so at the moment there's existing rules for credit cards and they keep people safe. So if you went Mitch to go and sign up for a credit card today, they would be like, oh, let me just quickly check your credit score and whether you can afford this. They don't do those types of checks before you join a buy now, pay later company, which I think is quite toxic. So there has been a move and a paper release that is aiming to put in place some regulation for their sixteen million dollar by now Pay Later sector here in Australia. I love it. Not to get too political about it, but the Albanzi government has been doing good things in this space. And the paper was released last Monday, and to summarize it really quick for you, basically has three different options for reform and it concludes stuff like expanding the National Consumer Credit Protection Act to include by now Pay Later, which from my perspective as an ex financial advisor, is one of the easiest ways to just make sure it's a completely level playing field, because at the end of the day, buy now, Pay later is a form of credit, like you are borrowing money that you do not have to pay for fee that you currently can't afford. And that's okay, but I think what we need to do is always make sure that the consumer is in the right position, because in Australia we have a massive lack of financial literacy, like not everybody knows what they're signing up for when they sign up to pay, and the amount of stories that come out of my community where they say things like, oh, I signed up for zip pay and now I've looked at my report and over the last three years, I've spent sixty thousand dollars and I just didn't realize. And to be honest, it was just because it was easy. You just go. People deserve more education, people deserves.
Speaker 2: To right and that the company should be transparent with this. They've been sneaking thus.
Speaker 4: Fast exactly, and you just assume that because it's by now pay later, like that sounds a lot better than oh I put it on my credit card. There are a number of benefits to pint high now, pie later, but one of them is that you don't have the high interest rate associated with a credit card, and so people see that as a little bit sexy. They see it as kind of a benefit, right, like, oh well, if it's interest free, if I just paid off in time, it doesn't matter, right, but it does enable you to make more impulse purchases. Research tells us that on average, if you're tapping plastic instead of just paying in cash, you are going to spend nearly half more than what you were going to if I had asked you to pay for that thing in cash.
Speaker 2: So it's buy now, pay way more later. That that's really what it should be.
Speaker 4: Cooled mostly, Mostly, I just think that people need to be more educated about the spending decisions that they're making.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you have spent too much money with buy now, pay later, we're going to save you some money next.
Speaker 1: God, well, I love it when you just slip in there like that.
Speaker 2: Man, no.
Speaker 3: Thanks, it's a budget Direct winner, a can Stars Insure of the Year or twenty twenty two Budget Direct Insurance Solved.
Speaker 2: Look, we're here to save you some money, and we love nothing more than a cheap knockoff that's actually better than the original EXI version some trackscent we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At the podcast towards the other night, I hugged V and then I saw the tag on the back of a jacket and it was Pooey Mavan. So she's actually wearing a Uvton jupe which.
Speaker 4: I thought was, how did you chock that out?
Speaker 2: I got so close.
Speaker 4: Eyesight's so bad, I didn't even know you.
Speaker 1: Could re wow.
Speaker 2: Really, that's because I go to Mechsavers instead of Specsavers, so my glasses don't work. We're doing some dupes here, so if you don't know what a dupe is, essentially they're kind of big. On TikTok, you can get droops for a lot of fancy designer products. You can get drops for after shave, like I wear Les Labo Santaw thirty three, which is.
Speaker 4: You and I have a very similar taste. My friend but she's exy yes.
Speaker 2: So she is Essentially I'd say, you know, anywhere between three fifty to five fifty even for a bottle of that. Here's the thing. You could also go to price Line and get a rexsona tropical spray that I've heard on TikTok for nine dollars. It's a chip joop, yep.
Speaker 4: What my perfume? What is my perfume?
Speaker 3: She's just asking her, she's just asking her executive Assistan.
Speaker 4: She was, so, I love the Baccarat Rouge perfume, and it is three hundred and fifty six dollars a bottle, which is insane. But Ariana Grande from Chemist Warehouse nineteen ninety five money Win smells exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Oh you go for the Ariana Grande ponytail A ponytail.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing her perfume. Next stop, I will be carrying around a tiny dog and starting to sing about my ex boyfriends at the top of my voice.
Speaker 2: I found this so original. Is the Potago Vanetta Lido slides, which are really popular. They're green, They've got the cross hatch pattern on them, and these slides are one thousand and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Which is en Oh no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, don't go to Potaga Vanetta. Go to Target because yeah, they got the Maris which look exactly the same for thirty bakarnies.
Speaker 4: How spicy would it get if you went out for brunch in Bondy and you're like wearing a really expensive Yeah it's got your really expensive handbag, and then some chick rocks up wearing the Target version and gets a compliment in front of you. I'd be so salty.
Speaker 2: All right, give me one more Jube.
Speaker 4: I've got two jeeps, as I said, I promised Dowdy the first is not a jew but it's just a really solid recommendation. It is the Lea Mule rose eleven dollars ninety nine a bottle and probably the best rose I've drunk in my life.
Speaker 1: Hang on it, La Mule, La Mule has it got a big kick to it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a.
Speaker 4: Kick, but it's got a picture of a donkey on the front, so it makes up for it. But then the second dupe I want to pick up on again from our friends at Audi again not sponsored, just really good. Is there laucra Vida base primer, which is about ten dollars and it is an exact dupe for like the one hundred dollars Bobby Brown primer. Woh, I love that identical?
Speaker 2: A lot of makeup dupes in the beauty world, isn't that crazy? If you've got a jupe, hit us up?
Speaker 4: I need them in my life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'd love if someone was maybe dating a dupe, Like if someone was like, oh, I've got like the Chris Hemsworth jupe. He's kind of like Chris, but he was born in you know, Liverpool.
Speaker 3: Don't They called doppel ganghis or they call wish versions aren't there. Oh yeah, hey, if you've got a money dilemma, you won't be if you're spend any money on dupes.
Speaker 1: But you can eat us up anytime on socials. Just search. She's on the money.
Speaker 2: This is she's on the Money radio show each week. What we do here is we bring someone's financial story on air. So, Sarina us hi vee, I've got myself into a pickle. We buy now, pay later, very topical. I've got one account with a four thousand dollars limit that is now maxed out. Another account that has a seven grand limit that's also maxed out, both of which, yeah, both of which she's hidden from her partner. So she earns eighty five k per year and her monthly repayments are around two seven fifty.
Speaker 4: That's so much funny, But that's no judgment. It just would feel really terrible having that on you.
Speaker 2: And hiding it from your partner. So he has an issue. Questions come up every payday from the partner asking why she never has any money. Christmas is looming. She's got no idea how she can leave by presence. She's so stressed. What should she do? So she needs to know can she negotiate payment plans, or should she close accounts without paying them? Will it affect a credit rating. There's a lot to unpack.
Speaker 4: Sorry, first things first, we need to tell your partner because emotionally, that's clearly weighing on you, and if you're in a solid relationship, you should be able to have conversations like that without judgment. And to me, it's a bit of a red flag if you're hiding things from your partner, if worry of being judged or them not being very kind about it, that to me would be not a good place to be. Yes, you absolutely should close the accounts, but often you can't close by now pay later accounts until they're at zero, so they do have to remain open. In saying that, what you can do is each time you pay off a bit of your debt and you get your after pay down to maybe like three thousand, five hundred instead of the four thousand, you can actually call up after pay and have your limit brought down, so as you're paying it off, you kind of decrease your limits so you can't stretch back up again. Because that seems to be something that a lot of people fall into the trap of and that's going, Oh, I really want that there's five hundred dollars like extra wriggle room on my after pay, I'll just pay for it and I'll deal with the debt later. That is a toxic place to be in. The Other thing I would say is really sit down and do your budget and cash flow. Get on top of it. It will actually make you feel super empowered. Budgets should not be restrictive. They should be something that make you feel like you're in the best possible position to allocate your dollars to the things that you really care about and the things that you want to create out of your life.
Speaker 2: So should someone craft their own budget? Is that what you're saying? Like someone else?
Speaker 4: If you go to my website, I'm not trying to sell a product here, but go to my website. There's a free downloadable one on there because I have made it and just made it work for people. Sit down and do a budget. Understand how many dollars come in, and most people are able to tell us that, but most people can't tell me how many dollars go out of their account. So that's the next number we really want to understand. And then once you're on top of that, we work out, all right, what type of compromise do I have to make to pay this off asap? Because at the end of the day, eighty five thousand year, that's a pretty good salary, like you're doing really well. However, I reckon it's all worth a crack and after that having a chat with your partner, because at least you can say, look, I'm really on top of this, but I want to share it with you and that might make you feel a little bit more in control.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you've got a money to lem me, you can hit us up anytime. Just search shees on the money You're going to tell us next though, Victoria to Vine would be Saved Saturday, Super Savior Saturday, where you can get a coffee for nineteen ninety two prices.
Speaker 4: That is definitely coming up next. I have some insider gossip fuel.
Speaker 3: It is time to save some people some money with this the Save Saturday.
Speaker 2: Ah. So every week Victoria gives us some sneaky tips on how to keep more bucks in your bank account. So this week we're going to think of Black Friday sales and Cyber Monday is also approaching.
Speaker 4: There are some sick deals going around, Mitch, You've listed a few here. Why did you pick the ones that you've picked?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, because these are things that I'd be interested in. It's also to tech and clothing and things that I would buy. Amazon, I have twenty six percent off Apple AirPods. That's so good. Yeah, they're two ninety five down from four hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: You're saving one hundred bucks. Honeywooks.
Speaker 2: Dyson have four hundred dollars off their big, very high powered V eight absolute vac discount. Yeah, down from a thousand bucks. I will we have to say that none of this is sponsor. These are just good deals that we found.
Speaker 4: Not is now the time where we bring up the fact that my she's on the Morning Community when talking about vacuums, because that's the type of community we are. We get really excited over vacuums. They were talking about how the Kmart stickback is a very very good dub for a Dyson and some people like it more than they like the Dyson one. So not to talk down to Dyson, because like, I'm a pretty big fan of their air wrap. Yeah, Like, if I'm buying a vacuum and I can only spend like one hundred bucks, like maybe the cam up one is definitely up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely shop within your budgeting. But I will say the air wrap is down from nine hundred dollars to seven to fifty.
Speaker 1: I mean for God's Tales, it's amazing. What else you got for us?
Speaker 2: Mitche Black Friday sale at Woolworths fifty Health and beauty, that's.
Speaker 4: R you could make use of that.
Speaker 2: Actually, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I was just saying that you like to give yourself.
Speaker 3: A facial Come on, Oh well we have off the rails today track.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a black side ideal that you found because we need a glass of water? Learn a check.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's actually of the snorts that covered out. She might be having a heart attack. I am genuinely concerned. Get a defibrillator you know where it might sell it to fibrilator Rebels Sport who were doing fifty?
Speaker 1: Can you just stop?
Speaker 2: What happened? Are we doing the show live from a petging zoo?
Speaker 3: I think that pig video you sent us before is to start an autoplaying.
Speaker 4: And swim mummy.
Speaker 2: Give us the rebel of Sport. Just Kevin we're going all right, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Go fifty garment and Samsung Smart Watchers. So if you want to get fit, get yourself in a rebel sport, that's a.
Speaker 4: Pretty good money win and hot too. Pier again, not sponsored, just good. Definitely make sure if you're through all of these sales you have your shop back activated because you can actually double up your discounts if you are shopping.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we get out of here, you told us about a place that you could get coffee at thirty years ago prices, Victoria Devine.
Speaker 4: I did that is right, Trav. I have been talking to my friends on Instagram and the Merlow Cafe in Brisbane is celebrating thirty years of roasting and to do that, they're taking us back to the future and they are selling coffee this week for their nineteen ninety two prices.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So a small coffee this week is going to cost you ninety five cents. Oh, a medium coffee one ninety five, large is two forty five and an extra large coffee, guys, is going to set you back to ninety five. And I just think that's a really good way to promote your business and also give people a little bit of a money when on a weekend. We love Main and we love.
Speaker 3: Coffee Victoria to let's jump up to Brisbane and Mitch. Unfortunately, mate, you got to stick around because you're doing the Life on Cut show coming up next. But we'll be back next week for the final show of the year.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, hit us up anytime she's on the money on Socials. Until then, we'll catch you later.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys here