Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week a night.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to TV Reload.
Speaker 1: My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have the three final housemates from Big Brother twenty twenty two. The entire season has been a massive ride for all housemates, and while Channel seven gears up from mega finale Tuesday night at seven point thirty, I have og superstar Reggie Byrd, Superfan Johnson, and Strategic rat Bag Terras ready to unpack their road to glory. Who will win you decide? Details on how to vote become available on the Channel seven website and Facebook page. Make sure you vote so your winner doesn't fall over at the finish line. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars is a lot at stake, and these housemates need you more than ever. This year we saw Head of House a power twist, second Chance, Challengers, themed tweaks, housemate nominations and secret missions all shake up the house as returning favorites went up against a brand new breed of housemates. Endemol Shine Australia picked seven of the most memorable housemates to return to the house, and from Tully and Drew to Tim Laylor and Estelle even earlier season superstars Reggie, Trevor and Farmer Dave. The celebration of twenty one years since Big Brother launched has been epic.
Speaker 2: The Ogs versus Newbies.
Speaker 1: Was how the game started, but as the numbers dwindled and alliance has crumbled, all that was left was Reggie, Johnson and Terras set to face the public vote. We will talk why they should win, what they think of each other. However, let's get started. I'd like to welcome Reggie to Ras and Johnson to TV Reload.
Speaker 3: It must have been a root shop to the Ogs.
Speaker 4: We've been through a lot together, haven't we.
Speaker 5: You're saying I'm fake. I'm faking my eye disease. She's not blind.
Speaker 4: This year, it's my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 6: I didn't lie or anything. I told her. I was like, Hey, you've got to tell me because I can't keep doing this, and.
Speaker 4: I've invited housemates both new and legendary.
Speaker 3: Why do I want to stand next to Red Because I want to. I want to go up against the bet.
Speaker 4: Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of Housemaid's.
Speaker 5: Been asked to come back, and I don't expect to be treated any differently.
Speaker 4: This is big brother.
Speaker 2: Hi Reggie, how are you?
Speaker 5: Hey? Ben? Thank you for having me. I'm really good.
Speaker 2: I love it. Reg Tras, how are you, mate?
Speaker 6: Ben? I'm doing all right. I'm still here.
Speaker 2: You're still in it.
Speaker 6: I guess that's got to be grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Hi John Jason, how are you, Ben?
Speaker 3: I'm blown away. I just first of all, I'm so humbled and blessed to be here to beat the end, to beat the finish line, There's one more hurdle, and that's the big w Reg.
Speaker 1: You had been quite disappointed that you'd missed out on being picked for VIP only the year before. Did they ever give you an explanation as to why they didn't end up using you for VIP, but then holding you on for Big Brother Back to the Future.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was really disappointed. I was so excited to get axed to do VP, and I thought, oh my god, this is I've been dreaming of coming back for so many years and then pretty much for at the last minute, they said they know longer wanted me, and I'm like, oh what they what was it? They said they had not better talent but along those lines like something I guess better came along to me. So after seeing Caitlyn Jennery there no wonder they didn't put me in there. But yeah, I was really really disappointed, and I thought, oh, that's it, that that was my chance of coming back.
Speaker 1: Well, I know what it's like to miss out, and for years and years and years and being your friend, I've dreamt that we would get to do it together and I've missed out.
Speaker 2: But I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 5: Oh Ben, it would have been awesome may to have you in the house. We were talking about Wen's Ben coming in? When's Ben coming in? And I really really thought that you were going to come into the house. You missed out this time, But I think it's cross We might cross paths somewhere else s down the line in another house somewhere.
Speaker 2: Canada, UK, there's plenty of Big Brother houses.
Speaker 5: Oh ma, contover into another country and doing it. It'd be Oh my god, it'd be the best.
Speaker 1: It would be, it would be the best. I think there'd be a long list of housemates from Australia trying to get in there. Johnson, you are a super fan. Did you have a wish list of maybe former housemates that you would have liked to have seen? I mean, once you started seeing people coming in, is there anyone that didn't come in that you would have liked to have seen.
Speaker 3: I thought Sky was going to come in, Sky and Prayer from the season after Tims. I thought Terry was coming in. I thought Terry was going to come in and shake things up. That would have been That would have been incredible. That would have been crazy, Tras.
Speaker 2: Did you know who all these ogs were?
Speaker 1: Johnson's a super fan, Reggie's been there before, you know, did you did you know any of these people or were they all knewbies to you?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: My god, I was in love with Reggie when I was like twelve. I was like, She's the most beautiful woman in the world. I was always like, I want Trevor to win his season. I want Trevor to win. I want Trevor, and he won. I was so stoked. I just knew how much love they had, and it was just so interesting having them come in and be like, oh my god, especially Tim, who is just like such a master at the game.
Speaker 1: My god, Reggie, what about even you? Is there anyone from the two thousand and three series your series the first time you took part on the show. Was there anyone from that series that you think could have come back for this iteration of Big Brother.
Speaker 5: Who would have been good in?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 5: Would have been my night, Ben Fat Bobby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just realized who you mean. Ben was the person who had that clash with Chrissy Swan back in your series.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know you wanted.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 6: Why because I wanted to because someone up?
Speaker 2: But it's not relevant.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have to be relevant to stir someone use relevant.
Speaker 5: How iconic he would have been this this Big Brother would have been right up. He's ourly because he's such a shit stir and strategic. This this would have seeded him down to a tea.
Speaker 1: He's more appropriate, though, don't you think for this new version of Big Brother than he was for the original one.
Speaker 5: Oh most definitely. Yeah, so he was in way before his time. I wish he had to come in as well. He would have just stirred it right up.
Speaker 1: Well, Johnson, was your strategy to make sure everyone thought that you were a super fan, because I mean, this strategy is paying off for you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really my strategy, to be honest, going into the house. Nor wasn't my strategy in the house. My strategy in the house was simple, play a big game player bowl game, take out, you know, take out those those middle range fish, because I like to see big players go far. I mean, Ben, I was nominated nine times, Ben nine times, Terereas.
Speaker 1: I am a big fan of your time on the show. You have been on the biggest journey with how we saw your time in the house. How much of that was on purpose? Is this an evolved gameplay that you sort of set out?
Speaker 6: Yes, so look in a sense, yes, and no, there's only so much you can prepare for. There's only so much. And I'm not cocky enough to be like, yeah, that was my gameplay. But a few things like when I did the interview to go to the house, I had just come out of COVID, like we were just in lockdown. I had this crappy mustache, this crappy haircut. They're like, hey, you're in. I was like, okay, cool, I'm gonna go get a haircut. They're like, no, no, no, you're going in. I want you to be like this. And I was like, damn, I look so dumb and ugly. And I was like, actually, that's probably good to look a bit weird like, And so I went in. And I knew that my social relationship game is good, Like I love people talking to people, I love getting to know people. I knew that if I could last a week or two in the house, I would have built strong enough relationships that i'd probably be okay for a bit. And that's exactly what happened. You know. I wasn't put up. I was It's not like I faked any of those relationships. But I also knew, like it's a social game if you loved, if you liked, you're less likely to go up. I am also like not the fittest, but I am relatively fit and strong because like, I'm very vain, so I want to like look good, and I did try hard in all those challenges, but I didn't I didn't have much to lose. I felt like I was always felt like I was gonna you never feel safe in there, but I was like, I knew that it wasn't like if I'd lose this, I'm definitely going home, which a lot of people had, so I didn't have to dig as deep. And then halfway through, it was like all the challenge beasts had sort of gone by the wayside, you know, Estelle and JC were saying that they were challenge beasts, even though I was doing quite well in challenges. I was like, Okay, cool, I'm just gonna let them take that mantle. I don't need it, I don't want it. And from that point on it was like, Okay, I think now's the time that I can like power through and change the game plan. And it wasn't conscious. I wouldn't say it was conscious. It was just it was sort of necessary, I guess, and it could have failed at so many times, but it worked out. So yeah, look, long story short, it's not like I planned all that, but I didn't know that I had quite good skills in a lot of situations.
Speaker 1: So reg you get in how different is Big Brother now in twenty twenty two, almost twenty years later? Did it live up to the expectations? And Yeah, how different was it compared to the first time.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, this was so chalk and cheese. It was this. This was brutal. The first Big Brother was a holiday, which I wanted. That's where I went into the show. I just wanted a holiday and had some fun. This one was so hard been I don't know how I did it, to be honest. It was super bad and so different. Like when I say they were going to bring back old with the new. Old, was expecting old with the new and there was There wasn't much old with the new at all. It was just all this strategic and challenges. So it wasn't much laying by the pool, I must say.
Speaker 2: N that's a good point, Johnson.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you missed out on having some time lying by the pool compared to some of the other earlier seasons.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, sometimes you just need to lay down bottle pool. But because I don't know any differently, Ben, it must have been a root shock to the ogs. Because I don't know any differently. This is the first time going into the house I don't know any differently, So for me, I'm like, all right, this is it. Constant anxiety, constant pressure, going really dark, losing a lot of weight and losing all my hair. Jeez, let me tell you if this is what the old format was like, I don't know if any of the other seasons would follow it do. I wish it was laying by the pool. The old format, you got to know people, and you got to draw similarities and congruences with people because they're people. You got to know their personalities. No one got to know the newbies. No one got to know me for me, but I think it came out on screen, to be honest, I think it came out that I was there to play the game and that I was true to myself. And I was nominated nine times, so I did have the opportunity to send that a fiction chair and pitch, you know, and have the mic and Sonya and I became very close because of the amount of times I was nominated. But you don't go through the experience not wanting to be nominated and playing the game. And I think this season it was particularly tough for the newbies because when you were going to be on the back foot with Australia anyway, being a super fan or not a good.
Speaker 1: Question to ask you boys? Why didn't you try and get rid of Reggie? I mean, are you regretting that decision now? I mean two hundred and fifty thousand dollars is at stake and you have allowed the queen of Big Brother to be sitting there next to you.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great, Q I did. I got rid of Ice. She came back, No standing next to reg To be the best, you've got to beat the best. And I said that I wanted to play a big game and I wanted to make big moves. The hackers asked me a question, Ben, and it was who do you want to be standing next to in the finale? And it was Leisha and Redge. Why do I? Why do I want to stand next to Reg? Because I want to I want to go up against the best. Do I regret it? No? I don't. I don't regret it. I don't have regrets. I've made it this far because of the relationships that I made in the house. And it was reg that swung from five to four. I pitched to her and she knew exactly what she needed to do, and that's why she sent her Malsia because she knew how much this meant to me. She knew how much our relationship, how close we were. You know, Regie and I have such a beautiful relationship. I don't want to say father's son. It's more like stepmother, where you love to love and sometimes you love to hate her. But I love Red, love, love, love, love reag. So do I have any regrets? No, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, at the end of the movie step Mom, Susan Sarandon dies and Julia Roberts comes out on top. Maybe you are the Julia Roberts in the denomination here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: But I want to ask Trask, what made of Stelle your biggest nemesis. You know, if you knew the power of her following, would you have played the relationship that you had with Estelle that we saw differently?
Speaker 6: No, I played it. I would play it exactly the same. So me and Estelle were so close for the first half of the game, so close, like I just got along with her so well. I loved her, underdog her like me against the world vibe, Like I was like, yes, this is it. We were so bloody close and like I then I think you saw it. In an early episode, Johnson comes to me, He's like, you got to put a point on a Stelle. I'm like no, and like I get angry at him. I'm like, no, I'm not going to put a point in Estelle. She's my she's one of my friends. I'm not going to do it. Like do whatever you guys need to do, but I'm not going to do that. And it was constantly like that. I was always like, I'm not putting a point on a Stelle to the detriment of my game with the newbies really, because they're like, well, you're not working with us with her, and she's after all of us. I was like, it doesn't matter. I'm with the people I like. Then Drew came in and it was Estelle versed true, and I was like, well, I've got to get out Drew because Estelle's my friend. So I was constantly like doing stuff for Estelle. And then halfway through the game, I was like, Estelle, look, i know that i'm not your number one person. I know that i'm not your number two, and I'm pretty sure i'm not even your number three. But I don't even know if I'm your number six or seven. You've got to give me something. And she was like, I don't do hierarchies to us, like I don't do. And I'm like, but you do, because this is a game where hierarchies. If I'm up there with Gabby and Dave, you're going to have to put a point on one of us, and you know who that is. You've just got to give me something. But she would never do it. And I was like, Estelle, I can't keep protecting you and holding you up and doing things if I'm doing it for no reason, like maybe you don't even care about me. And I'd say that to her, like I didn't lie or anything. I told her. I was like, hey, you've got to tell me because I can't keep doing this. So that put a thing in our relationship. And then when she voted against me to save Drew, and Drew was my nemesis because of her, I was like, what the hell is going on? And I was I was. I was hurt, but I didn't get angry. I was like, what happened. She's like, look, I'm sorry, that was a big mistake. And sometimes I wonder I'm like I think she only thinks it's a mistake because I survived, Like like I didn't think she thinks I was. I was going to stay. And so from that point I was like, cause shed she said, I have you, Torass, I've got you, and I was like, well, in my head, I was like, well she lied to me. She took the first shot and lied. So this is a game where you can lie, and so why the hell wouldn't I do it back to her? Not maliciously, like at all, but to like, let's let's i've got to I've got to get forward. And like so I said to her, yeah, I've got you, I've got you, and I didn't, and I you know, the whole step off challenge thing happened, and I put her up and I was She was so angry at me, and I was like I remember trying to talk to me like a Stelle, like, but you did the same to me. Why are you so angry that it happened to you? Like don't you get it? She's like, well, I didn't lie to you on purpose, like when I told you I had you. I was like, yeah, but I don't know if that's good enough, Like how do I know that, so I think, yeah, that was the That's the hard thing about It's such a complicated game, complicated relationships, but that's how it happened for me.
Speaker 1: And then Reggie, did you think that you would make it this far into the competition, seeing as the competition has evolved into being such a strategy, you know, based competition.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I thought the minute I walked in that door, like I'd have a big target on my back being a previous winner, and I thought, jeez, I'm going to get I'm going to go barely so to last and come as far as I did. I'm really proud of myself because those challenges were so hard and I was never going to be a challenge beast threat, that's for sure. Oh god. You know, before every challenge, I'd come out to the housemates and say, oh, I'm going to win one today. I'm going to win this one today, and they'd all go, yeah, Rag, yeah, you can do it, you can do it. And it would have been good to pull one off, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Johnson, you really struggled with Arras putting you up for nomination a few times. Do you think that he was playing a smart game. Now that we all know.
Speaker 2: That you are the favorite newbie in the finale.
Speaker 3: Arras has a heart. And throughout the game, Terrata and I got really close as friends, aside from allies as friends been On day one, I actually went up to him and in the bathroom we had a conversation and I'm myself, I was so excited and Taras is this very quiet introvert who when I went up to him, was just like, WHOA, this is a whole lot of person. The second that I felt that from Taras, I knew that we were going to be friends. He looked at me and he said, I need to learn to speak to you. And I said, I need to learn to speak to you. And I think it was day six them we laid by the pool, believe it or not, and we spoke and we got into our lives and our experiences and our families and our friends and our loved ones, and it went from liking this person to loving this person. Terass wasn't nominated for forty days. Then when he was, the person that saved him was the person that he thought was going to vote him out. Everyone was sure with Sugar, I was voting to a victor Arras against Drew, but I knew that for my game it was better to keep Taras in the game. I felt I could feel a shift coming Ben. I knew something was going to And not only is that like I love for us, he knows I love him. But aside from all that, the reason why I was frustrated because he tell me I'm not going to nominate you, and then he nominate me the one against Alisha. When I called him out and I said, are you trying to squeeze me out? He said yes. After that, I went up to him and I said, good, thank you for telling me. I respect you more. Now that's why I was okay sitting in the chair, because I wasn't blindsided. He told me he was trying to squeeze me out by putting Alesha next to me, and by telling me and being honest with me, I respect and I love him more. That's the sort of person I just want you to be. You tell me what you're doing, be upfront, don't don't don't tell me you're going to do one thing and do another. So when he did, I actually hugged him and I said, thank you for telling me. So even though he nominated me, and even though I was frustrated as f I was most definitely happy that he told me the truth.
Speaker 1: I think it's very beautiful of you and your gameplay, and maybe this is where the final reward will come to you, and that is that your ability to reconcile the fact that this game has evolved, This Channel seven series now is about strategy, challenges, nominations, all of this, but for you to not take it personally and for you to go back each time to the original connection that you've been able to have with people like to Rass and forgive to Ras know that it's a game, is a great example of sportsmanship and that's very Australian, which I think Ossie audiences will love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ben, look I don't really do sport. I used to do a little bit of sport, but then I realized I don't know if it's for me or not. But yeah, without a doubt, I've only ever played team sports, and as a team and as a family, that was one thing you forgive and you move on. You move on. Life's too short to hold on. Life's too short to hate, Life's too short to hold on to ship that could ruin your day. I wake up every day and I'm like, let's go, let's go suns out. Even if it's raining like today in Sydney, it's a great day. It is a great day, you know. And I'm so it is the strain way to forgive move on and people love good sportsmanship, and that's what I'm about.
Speaker 1: I think good sportsmanship is a key here. You know, Reggie, when you think about coming back to Big Brother, one of the most celebrated contestants of all time, you think that Australia would just be so excited that knowing that you've got a few disabilities and you've had a few hardships that you've been to get up and get in there and do those challenges. How hard is it to be able to see that there has been some negativity towards you online.
Speaker 5: Oh there's a lot. There's a lot of lot, but there's also a lot of hate from yeah. And it's bizarre because you know, I've got this eye disease. I'm legally blind. You know, I got nine degrees what is it, nine degrees of pinhole vision left. I don't have caeripheral or night vision, so how you know, and it's like looking through a straw, and you would have thought I would have thought that, you know, people will be more uplifting than the negatives. So just saying I'm fake, I'm faking my eye disease. She's not blind. She's only in there for a sympathy, you know. And I'm like, man, I never once, never, once did I ever want sympathy or played a sympathy card. And one of our big inspirations also been going into the house. Before going into I just watched the Paralympics and I'm like, these guys are just unbelievable and I'm looking at them going if they can do this, I can do this. And that's how I had in my head. I've got to think of these amazing athletes who get out there and have a go, and I think I can do this, and I did.
Speaker 1: I think if you went into the house and then you were saying, oh, I can't do this and I can't do that, then that would be different. But the way I saw it was, you know, the whole way through the series, you had this amazing can do attitude and that you were putting yourself out there, and I think that there's something more beautiful in that than anything negative that anyone could say, you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, yeah, it is weird. It's instead of you know, lifting someone up who does have a disability, that they wanted to bring me down. So it's weird people's train of thought, you know, if even even seeing comments like having to go with Big Brothers saying oh they should have they should have had more challenges to suit Regie's disability. But deep in inside, like at the end of the day, I probably wouldn't have wanted that, Ben, because that's not me. I'm here, I've been asked to come back, and I don't expect to be treated any differently to any of the housemates. So a lot of the challenge were I was up against so much my heart would sink every time walking into the yard, I just go, oh, you know, like my god, how and earth am I going to get through this? How am I going to do this? But I nearly pulled off a few there. I was good at the hell hanging challenges and but also Ben, I was injured the whole way through the show. I was injured from week one to do I walked out that door, so people didn't see that as well. So I battled through a lot of being injured. Like I rolled my ankle the first week in the house trying to hide a bag of apples because we had no food. And then and then I and then I fell on the hanging There was a hanging challenge where I fell, and when I fell, I think I knocked myself out. For a minute, I didn't realize Trevor was looking over me. Reggie, Reggie, You're okay. And from that I got whiplash and all my back hurt, my back I had to sit out medically. I was exempt from the next challenge because of having whiplash. And then I tore my car my quad in a food challenge running in the house. Then I toare but yeah, then I tore the other one letting go when we're on top of the big slide, and I was so to let go because I didn't know how high upa was and I ripped both my yeah quads. So I was Yeah, I was injured the whole way through.
Speaker 2: But that is a long list of injuries.
Speaker 1: My friend, Oh my god, you need the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars just to pay for your medical bills.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, I've been having a lot of physiotherapy to try and get my legs back together again. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I think in some ways though, people have been talking about the challenges and having more diverse challenges and varieties of challenges playing into different people's skill sets on both Survivor and Big Brother for a very long time, you know, So that commentary that they need to sort of have more fair challenges that plan to different people's skill set, that conversation's been around for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, look, it would have been It would have been good to maybe do one challenge, you know, put a pair of glasses on the guys and just cut out some pinholes and just like to give them some perspective of what I could see. So that would have been good if they did at least one to give the guys some understanding of what I actually see.
Speaker 1: How did you see it, Terras? Did you think there was challenges that were unfair at times on Reggie? I mean, do you think that we need to see more balance in challenges, not just because of Reggie being there and her having that disability, but do you think that the strongest should always have the advantage in the game.
Speaker 6: No, I think that I wish that there were more challenges. This is coming from someone who won a lot of I wish there were a lot more puzzle challenges or things that weren't just strength based. I mean a lot of the strength based ones are weight based. So if you're a small fit girl, that's always good because you got less weight more of a chance to win, like Tilly did in last season. But I do think there should have been a lot more puzzle sort of stuff and yeah, at least something that would it would have been cool to have something that didn't require sight that could really like I would have loved that. I mean, look, the thing is, Reggie fucking gave it all she could. And sorry for swearing so much, she gave everything she could. She is nearly I think she's what forties something, yeah, like in her late forties. So generally women of that age that aren't like, you know, fitness beasts, they normally don't do well in challenges anyway. Generally I'm generalizing, but I would have loved to have seen something that took more into account that aspect because it would have been so cool and it would have been like good for Australia to see like look, let's see how much how well Reggie can do at something that doesn't require sight. Do you know what I mean? That's some sort of like feeling puzzle or I don't know anything, but yeah, I totally wish there were more less strength based or fitness based or physically based ones. We've only seen really one puzzle, really, haven't we?
Speaker 1: With all the comment roundline, what's the most outrageous thing that you've read about yourself? I had Julie Goodwen on the chat yesterday and Julie was chatting to me about the most outrageous thing Because you and Julie are both Australian TV royalty when it comes to reality television, You've been around for so long, so not just this season but overall. What has been the most outrageous thing that you've read about yourself online?
Speaker 5: Oh? I guess it is. I mean there's a lot. I've got one certain troll that's trolling me on Twitter. She has not stopped. Like it's just I've been so tempted to say something that I haven't. But yeah, I think it's the whole that it is. I'm faking my blindness and I need to change the perception of blindness bend. People have a perception that you've got to wear the big black, thick glasses and you've got to have the cane and your guide dog and you can't do anything. You know, It's not like that at all. People have all different kinds of vision impairment, but they still get out there and they can do stuff. I just don't know why people think because you're blind, that you have to sit at home on your bum and not live life. I'll get out there and make the most alive and make the most of my little nine degrees that I have left. I don't take for granted anything for granted at all.
Speaker 2: No, And you're a go getter as well. I mean you literally.
Speaker 1: If I'm up on the Gold Coast and send a message to you to be like, hey, do you want to catch up for a drink or do you go out for dinner, You're always like I'm on a walk, or I'm picking up the kids like you know, or I'm down having a drink with my mates. Like you're You've you've got a real thirst for life, even though you have been dished with a fair amount of hardship.
Speaker 5: Ah yeah, yeah, been like years ago. You know, I went through my depression when I had to handle my driver's license and that took away all my independence. I was just devastated. And Lucas's illness, you know, when he was born being diagnosed with cystic pibrosis. I went through about two years of real bad depression and I pulled myself out of it and I went, you know what, I can't do anything about this, but just keep on going. I have to keep on going. So that's that's my attitude. Keep on keeping on and just don't don't give in to those demons that crawl into your head.
Speaker 1: That's a good message for everyone Rench, you know, Johnson, getting back to you, we saw Marley and Chad both run a very successful campaign by saying that their families loved Big Brother. Do you think in any way that you've followed their lead? You know, have you cracked the Big Brother winners code on how to win this show?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great you. Chad and Marley were incredible in their seasons, but cracking the Big Brother code. I don't think there is a Big Brother code to crack. I think they were just themselves. You know, Chad, Chad's family, you know, he was a fan of the show who was doing it for a for his fan. Marley was doing it for his family and you know his late mother. So I mean, I'm a massive fan of the show. I am doing it for myself and for my family, but I do everything for myself. My family in the house non stop. Did I say as a family, you lose together, but you win together? And in saying that, before the show started, I made a commitment to my brother that if I were to win, I'm giving half the money to him. That's without even knowing that I was going to make the three. So if there's if there's a code to be crack, give me the pin, because I'm going up against two powerhouses, but it does a code to be crack, give me the pin.
Speaker 1: As we approach the finale, though, there are some really important questions that I want to ask the three finalists. Do you think that strategy and the strategic gameplay that Terrass has played, do you think he can be rewarded to win the finale?
Speaker 5: He was a big strategy player, and I'm not sure the way that the public are looking at it like that. I think, you know, they see Terrests as a snake and a liar, and you know, and he's done whatever you can to get to the end. We've all done what we had to do to get to the end. And yeah, I'm not sure whether Australia is going to go for the super fan, the strategic liar, or me who's played a honest game.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Reggie?
Speaker 1: Do you think that Australia might think that Reggie has won before and they may not give her the money again because they feel like she's already won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they may, Yeah, they may, definitely they may. I mean on social media you get all sorts of commentary and I and I have seen that come through. I have seen she's had her time. Let the newbies they've had their time. The ogs, particularly those who have won, they might see it from that perspective. And if that's your opinion, well, look at it as a game. Look at it as a game. It's a new game, it's an evolving game, and it's going to change.
Speaker 1: Ben again, it is a game and it is evolving. So you are right to Russ. Do you have a clapback for Reggie? How do I ask this? Do you think that your strategy game can be rewarded? I think that's the best question for you at this point, Like the three of you are in the finale. Your thing that we're gonna love you for is strategy. Do you think that that's gonna be rewarded in the finale?
Speaker 6: I honestly, and it doesn't feel like it from what like social media and stuff like that. But you know what, if there's enough people behind the keyboards that aren't saying things that vote for me, maybe there will be, do you know what I mean? Like a lot of young people understand that this is a game they've watched. They're not There's not just the boomers who are the worst. Oh my god, there's so much hate from old Grandma Jenny and like Grandpa Johnny, like calling me a wenker. Like maybe the kids understand that more. I don't know if it's going to be whatever the word is. Yeah, I don't know if it's going to be acknowledged. And you know what, that is part of the game as well. I guess like I brought Red to the end, so and I did that on purpose, and so it might not pay off. It very likely won't pay off. But if you want to vote for me, I'd be so happy if you do do you.
Speaker 1: Think the Johnson's been given an edit that will endear him defense being the super fan status?
Speaker 2: Is that going to be a really hard thing to beat?
Speaker 6: Totally? I was so depressed on that last day because my heart was like, you've got to bring Johnson and Reggie to the end, and they are. I felt like they're like, it's just either one of them would probably beat me, and now I've got both of them like up there with me. And it was my choice. But I don't regret it either. I actually don't regret it at all.
Speaker 1: Well, they have very interesting answers from everybody. It's a very interesting final three and I just want to say thank you guys so much for coming on the podcast. I have been asking everyone who's joined Gretel Colleen's top ten questions. Now, Gretel Colleen would normally ask these questions after you've been evicted, so this is a little bit strange. We won't go into all of them, but just give us the answer. What did you miss the most wire inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 6: Chocolate. I want chocolate all the time.
Speaker 5: I missed my kids the most, my family.
Speaker 2: Who was your favorite housemate?
Speaker 5: My favorite housemate was Daved, Tim and the Stelle.
Speaker 2: You've got to pick one three, I'll.
Speaker 5: Do your own.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 5: Dave was my rock. Who was my rock?
Speaker 6: I loved jc Man. I loved Jc like we there's just this two weeks where we just me and him were just like, Oh, I love him.
Speaker 3: Alisha Marie Campbell.
Speaker 2: Who was your least favorite person?
Speaker 3: Alara, Alisha least favorite person? Oh? Oh, tough fun Probably in the game, probably Espelle, but outside love her?
Speaker 2: Who was Oh who had the most annoying habit?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, okay, Gabby? Gabby was messy as yes, extremely messy, Gabby.
Speaker 3: Pick up after yourself.
Speaker 2: Who was the funniest person in the house?
Speaker 5: From his person? Tim was quite funny. I found Tim. He was entertaining. He was entertaining to watch in there.
Speaker 2: Was he anything like what you expected?
Speaker 1: You know, you'd watched him on the series before and you'd met him before doing the show.
Speaker 2: But was he anything like what you expected?
Speaker 5: M Yeah, I think Tim was pretty much who he was back in two thousand and thirteen. So I loved it. I love being in there with him.
Speaker 3: Tim Dormer every day.
Speaker 2: Who was the laziest person in the house.
Speaker 6: Laziest person in the house. Definitely Alisha or Gabby, one of those two so.
Speaker 5: Lazy, laziest. Oh god, that's got to come down to a Leisha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gabby by far. But JC, I think reconciled by making a really good chicken curry.
Speaker 2: What is your greatest regret?
Speaker 3: Oh? I should have lost twenty killers before going in.
Speaker 5: Oh great, it's regret. Oh who oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: There was a challenge when I had I could have got a video call from the kids, and I was up against j C, and JC ended up taking that challenge and he saw his mum on the screen, So I really regretted not taking that video call.
Speaker 6: It's so hard because all your regrets, like they bring you there as well, all the mistakes you make bring you to the end. I think my biggest regret was when me and Dave Dave like sort of threw me under the bus at one point with Tully me. It was the Tim and Tim and Dave thing where Tully was going to be put up for a viction, but I was also part of that, and Dave's threw me under the bus and was like I didn't have anything to do with it. It was tarassent. Tim's ideas sort of and I was like, Dave, what are you doing? Like this is fucked And I was like, well, I'm going to put a point on him, like a nomination point. But I didn't tell him that I was going to do that, and we had a deal that we wouldn't do that. And he's like, did you put a point of me? I'm like, yeah, bro, of course I did. He's like, but we had a deal. I'm like, yeah, but you you fucked me up. You threw me under the bus. And I think that was my biggest regret that I was like, yep, I was too weak to tell him like before that I did it, that I was going to do it. That's a big regret of h Yeah.
Speaker 2: Too late to say it straight.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is going to come third out of the competition? Not who's going to come first and second, but who do you think will be third?
Speaker 3: To rest.
Speaker 6: Umm t I would say me, I'd be number three. I'd be number three.
Speaker 1: And who do you think will win? Do you think that Johnson's going to win or do you think you will you will win?
Speaker 5: I'm not real confident. I think maybe Johnson may have this in the bag.
Speaker 1: Have you asked him what he's going to spend the money on. Have you given him any have you conversations offline?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't at all. No, But when he was in the house, he was saying that he wanted it to give to his family, his brother. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'd like to know. I'd like to be super confident then, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm I'm oh no, that could be.
Speaker 5: That could be a bad thing to be that.
Speaker 1: Way, Johnson, What about you? Who do you think it's going to be? Do you think it's going to be you? Reggie tarras me, Okay, that's an answer. I always love asking those questions. I've got to tell you, Johnson, I need you to wrap this up for me, because I know you will have a good one. Everyone who joins the podcast tells a story from behind the scenes of Big Brother. Something we didn't see, something that we won't see, something that we're as super fans would enjoy. From your time in the Big Brother House.
Speaker 3: There was a big spa mankey spa session that no one got to see. There was about thirteen of us in there. This is my favorite moment in the house. Ben thirteen or fourteen of us in the spot it got mankey. There was only about this this much water, maybe a hundred miles of water left the bottom for the time we all got in and it was the night in the Big Brother house to date. You didn't get to say it was just you know what it was. It actually took it took us back to the original Big Brother, that's what. It took us back to the original Big Brother. The laugh, the banter, the chit chat. That's the best part. The shit chat, like just the funny banter and just having a laugh. That was my favorite moment.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you guys enough for being able to take the time and unpack this. It's a very stressful time, so you know a lot of these questions can be very unnerving. But I think you've done a great job in summarizing what is going to be in people's minds in Australia while they work out who to vote for. If you like to vote, head to ww dot Big Brother dot com dot AU. You can only vote once, which is attached to your email address. We will have a winner crowned by Tuesday night, and I for one, am very excited for the three of you. You've played a brilliant game and like Australia, we will always be in your audience.