Speaker 1: Ladies. Our next guest is back on our televisions with SAS Australia. It continues tonight seven thirty on Channel seven and seven plus. Everyone's talking about this new season. It is bigger, better than ever. Here's a little bit if you missed the premiere.
Speaker 2: Deep in the desert, they're just like a speck of sand. The selection process is the most brutal, the hardest military course in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's just sadistic. Listen to him now, that's the whole that's air middles are now breathing down the farm like the creepy is hello ant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about a creep but lookit. I think that I think that.
Speaker 4: That was like absolutely perfect timing. It was like the bomb goes off and then near this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and usually this is filmed in like less dire conditions like Australia maybe, But how did you take this to the Middle East this year because from what we've seen, the conditions and the heat are next level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just wanted to mix things up when it came to the environment, because if you have a different environment with different personalities, you're going to have a completely different course or a completely different show. So the desert environment is one that we've operated in, you know, for the past sort of twenty years, so we wanted to keep it nice and current, nice and relatable. And also in the desert, they one can hear.
Speaker 4: You scream, oh my God, to go.
Speaker 6: And what do you think is the biggest motivator like for celebrities to do this show? I mean, I personally couldn't think of anything here that work.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? You've got your athletes that have retired that want to just challenge themselves again. They want to see if they've got that winner's mentality still. They want to see if they still got that flame inside their inside their stomachs. And then you've got people that want there that want to redeem themselves. They want to show the world a different soul to them, a different sort of outcome and how they've changed and if they've changed. And then you've got your people that just hippos. Might you say, you just stick out and they want to come and put themselves with some hardship and suffering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I saw I was watching some of the snippets. I'm looking at it right now. Play Actually while we're speaking to you, I think it's Peter Bowle was one of the He's an Olympic runner and he was quote unquote buried alive. And I was watching that and I was like, that actually looks like there could be a serious injury, Like it looked like you had a centimeter or two to breathe. What kind of serious injuries have been on there? Because I actually I actually had an interview for this show two years ago, and the reason I didn't end up doing it was because I asked, It's like, what kind of injuries do people actually get hurt?
Speaker 7: And they were like, yeah, yeah, you know, it depends on how well you listen and how how were you take on board information.
Speaker 3: Because ultimately what we did is we did you know, your life into your own hands. When we're telling you to add self of a cliff. You know, if you let down that roade, you're going to come crushing down pretty fast. And even if you get you know, stopped at the bottom, you're still going to injure yourself. If you don't listen to the detail that would give you, then you know you're going to hurt yourself.
Speaker 6: You said that there's often people who come on their warning retribution do you think from this experience, do you think that they're the people are always entitled to that this sort of platform. It can sometimes allow people to show their vulnerabilities, and it can allow people to, you know, show that they're sorry for the things that they may have done. But do you think that everyone is entitled to have that ability to have retribution in the public eye.
Speaker 3: Well, entitlement is you know, who gets to choose, who gets a second chance, who gets a third chance, you get to fourth chance. You know, it's a social construct out there that puts that person in that situation. So the idea of the course, and it's like that on the selection process is the slate is wipe clean. You know, it's who are you right now? We know what do you bring to this world? What do you bring to yourself, what do you bring to the team? And can you cope under extreme pressure? So I think edone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth chance. You know, as long as it's not gone on to you know, to be super detrimental to anyone, then I think everyone deserves deserves a chance in life. And you know, no one's perfect. We've all got skeletons in our closet. We've all got demons. We need to exercise, and this is a perfect course to do it on.
Speaker 4: Oh and I don't know about that. I'm pretty perfect Middleton.
Speaker 3: There everyone,