Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connor show on Gold Thursday Morning. Good morning, Patsy, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Jack.
Speaker 4: Good morning Christian. My grandfather was the first doctor in Woodonga. He used to get paid with chickens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I take it you're looking at a fame in your family tree that we put up yesterday on the show facebook page where sometimes we put some of the ideas we're thinking of doing the next day. And we were towards the end of three topic yesterday or what are we talking about? And the lady said about the guy who stole the crown jewels? Yes, what was that on?
Speaker 4: Colonel Blood was.
Speaker 3: Up weakest cane to phone and it was the last call before going to the news yesterday at eight point thirty we said, let's come back to this. There's so much going on with this about a very very very distant relative and the family tree who stole the crown jewels. And so we put up yesterday about fame in your family tree. Please read that one again about the first doctor and Wadonga.
Speaker 4: This is this comes in from Abby Shlink. My grandfather was the first doctor.
Speaker 3: And we have a named by the way, Abby Schlink.
Speaker 4: Doctor Schlink was her grandfather. I assume my grandfather was the first doctor in Mudonga. He used to get paid with chickens. There are so many good ones on here. Bernadette, Princess Mary of Denmark is my sixth cousin.
Speaker 3: Ither say when they say Princess Mary of Denmartin that we're all going to go, oh wow, Princess Mary. We all know Princess Mary of Denmark. She's Australian. Yeah, she was Mary Donaldson.
Speaker 4: Yes it tassy girl, right friends. Albert Renoirs, former president of the Seychelles, was a distant cousin on my dad's side. That's from Cliff this morning.
Speaker 3: No cousin is too distant, just likecond on Wednesday, no claim to famous two week, No cousin is too distant this morning for fame in your family tree. What an amazing night last night to honor an amazing man, Michael Gadinski. You know, when it was first announced that Sandy passed away and peop were talking about legacy, which he truly did leave behind, all those artists coming together where they were leaving, you know, very personal, really great messages about what Michael Goodinski meant to them and also what he did for this country for music and culture and arts is incredible. And then all the ones that were actually there on stage. What an amazing night. There were so many highlights. We've got a couple of little bits here which are fantastic. This is a lovely intro to one of his songs by Ed Sheeran, who Michael Golinski literally made a big start in Australia, bringing him out many times. The first year, I think it was just very small crowds, and he brought him out the following year and he got bigger and bigger, and I think Ed now holds the record for one single tour biggest selling artists, over one point one million tickets he's sold in that huge breakthrough tour in twenty fifteen. I think was all twenty fourteen, But I have listened to this. I was watching them as a feed that was sent out and I was watching some of it last night. I did like the look on Ed Sheeran's face. First of all, it comes all the way over, he flies over, he does two weeks in quarantine, and then he walks out on stage. He's given a tambourine to be a backing tambourine player with Jimmy Barnes. You can see him looking around life. They know, they know I'm just not a tambourine player. They're not. I'm med sheer and I've done two weeks in quarantine. You know I need more than a tambourine. Where's my guitar? Anyway? Having listened to this, thank you so much for having me here.
Speaker 5: Michael would be absolutely buzzed that this is in the odd labor chose a couple of songs today that meant a lot to me, and I know that Michael these were his favorites. Basically, this first one I played to him. I have a very vivid memory of being at him and his house in Port Douglas about three o'clock in the morning, both on deck chairs, and I play him this song Castle on the Hill. It's like twenty fifteen. I think he must have misheard the lyric wrong because he started from that point screaming at me whenever he saw me. We were younger then, and I never told him it was actually I was younger then, But from now on it's we were younger then.
Speaker 3: And Springsteen did a good one as well.
Speaker 6: I started in the music business fifty years ago when the promoters were all guys. Was bigger than life personalities with the tour bus and acted as more than just your promoter, but as hosts of the city you were visiting. Michael Gaginski was one of the very last of that breed, and as such he was very very.
Speaker 3: Special to me. This is great as well. This is Ed. Shearon and Kylie Minogue have listened to this.
Speaker 4: We thought it'd be kind of fun to go back to where it.
Speaker 3: All began, at least for me.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 7: Ed was not even a glint and his mother's are, and yet he managed to than this song for tonight.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you feel like joining in the courses, please do. This is we love.
Speaker 4: If you get into you, there's only one.
Speaker 3: There will only be one. You have a heart forever. Everybody's doing dance.
Speaker 4: Now come, lady promotion.
Speaker 7: No, you'll get to laggating the cheers.
Speaker 3: Come on, you.
Speaker 2: Want to bring your heads.
Speaker 3: All? Do we need to pay more money or something of the license and I want to hear more of that. That's the locomotion. Ed shearing, cunning, Me and old last night Rod Laver Arena, but the big tribute for the great Michael Goodinski The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week, We're getting excited Tomorrow morning. Dave Sherwood, an accountant, getting ready for another hard day, crunching those numbers over that Excel spreadsheet. Tomorrow morning, eight o'clock, live on the show, showing a TV out of a window, just as Axel Rose. Just an average Friday on this show. Jack it's going to be down there, and this is a bucket list he wants to do. It's is fortieth tomorrow, it's forty tomorrow. He wants to have that rock star experience. We're going back to work as an accountant, so we'll be talking about bucket list this week. If there's anything on your bucket list that we could make happen. And yesterday we were going into the mind of jack Post, which is always like a maze of wonder, amaze of wonder. We found out that Jackie Boy wants to go to space if possible.
Speaker 4: If possible, I imagine we'd all go.
Speaker 3: It's possible if you've got a couple of billion kicking around in a Bank account.
Speaker 4: First radio show to broadcast from orbiting around.
Speaker 3: The world, and we couldn't get the radio show from my place down the road in Hampton. Ain't k you think we're going to put you you're down the line in space? Tremon my friend, It's more likely you will be in space. Then I think you're dreaming too much. You think we can actually hear you in there. There's absolutely no way. And the other one was obviously the Catch of Marlin. Yes, and then I found out it's the boat that cat Well, you got mega hook.
Speaker 4: Low at the hook and then the hook, something's going to be on the boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I won't be driving the boat because I don't have a boat license, but I'll be there and just.
Speaker 3: Making you stop. That fella in the Suez right now? I mean, how do you I was watching the newslas sight that this mega shipping container that's wedge right now in the sewer's shipping canal. There was some guy on the news last night who said that the helmsman I don't even know is that the captain. Does he work with the count?
Speaker 4: So the captain's the captain, who's the helmsman?
Speaker 3: Is he at the back?
Speaker 8: Of the ship.
Speaker 3: Is he there, Jack Post? But anyway, the helmsman, the guard, the news this went. It's very Australian worth covering such a big story when basically he lost control of it. I think, how can you It's not a jet ski where they going whoa really quickly? They are so slow? How do you lose control of one of those things? It's like twenty thousand tons? How did he lose control of it? What was the helmsman doing? Was he on his phone? Or we need to get into that last morning. It's an amazing story. Anyway, Let's go to Melissa, one of our lovely listeners, Melissa Robinson Christian talking about bucket lists. I started one after the movie came out with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, called the bucket List.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've seen it. They sit on top of the pyramids at one stage.
Speaker 3: That's it. What do in their bucket list? Is it?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 3: Do you think they just got together, got drunk and went, what's a great way for you and I just to hang out and go to load of cool places. Let's come in the movie called the bucket List and get some bozo to write it. Next thing you know they're on top of the pyramids, is that the movie is them taking off bucket list.
Speaker 4: All I remember is them on top of the periods. But that was one of their bucket list items.
Speaker 3: My list started small, attached and has grown over the years, where things crossed off and others added. Now this list is actually a spreadsheet. There must be no word of a lie. What thirty to forty items?
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I have to say, Melissa, I feel that I thought i'd led had a pretty adventurous lifestyle. I feel really boring. Look at this. There's loads She's already ticked off like hot Air, balloon flight, Sydney Bridge Climb, dandon On Rangers, treetop warp, Mornington, Poincia, Hot Springs, Delsford, Spa, Weerribee, Open rain Zoo, all Climate, ab sailing, V eight racet bat hers. She's been to Cuba, Mexico, actually pitchew to do the trail there, the track there we was supposed to be amazing. She's learned how to make Paela. She has the part. I mean, I don't think that's not in the movie. Is it? Rolling in an afternoon on a health making.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing she's done is only a quarter of what she wants to do.
Speaker 3: So have you seen some of the others on this bucket that she hasn't yet done?
Speaker 4: I love how some are so particular, like the Jamilla Wildlife Lodge in Canberra. I want to stay at that place. I want to walk along Victoria's Silo Art trail. And then some are just Europe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then brackets it says too much, too much, want too much, too much money? Or swim with Great White Sharks, Adelaide slash Melbourne. She's not fussy, you know Adelaide slash Melbourne, which depends where the sharks are.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe that's to compare the sharkses. Oh yes, I saw the Adelaide ones, the Melbourne Ones.
Speaker 3: Adrenaline Adventures. And then here in block capitols, not theme parks, so what else is there? And the pastor making. She wants to do what Jack Nicholson did with in the movie as well. Wants to go to Egypt as well. These are amazing. So if you do have something, maybe you don't even have a bucket list, but now you start to think about one, please email us. We're looking to try and make more of these happen, especially a Pilo one. That's quite an easy one to work. Tick off, isn't it. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the worst red lights of Melbourne. I know you think, geez, how do I missed that one? Where's the podcast, Christian? It's up online. It's good to go. We'll talk about the worst red lights of Melbourne every day. My chip into work is blighted. The minute before I get to the joy Houses radio station. There's this god awful traffic light as you going down Punt Road and you try and take a an innocent right, an innocent right into Rowena Parade. I'm there for four minutes, back there today for four minutes. I don't get it. I just all I want is someone to just investigated.
Speaker 4: Even if traffic's not coming the other way, there's nothing coming the other way, but you're still sitting there, sat there.
Speaker 3: So we have a go on the line. Now is our man on the inside at vic Rose. We have Chris Miller on the line. Come morning, Chris.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian, Jack Patsy here are you going?
Speaker 3: We're good? What can you say? I don't even the last twenty four hours, VIC Roads have had a few calls about that traffict night or whether you've heard people complaining about it before. Do you think did you know the one? I mean the one on Pipe Road as you're going to Rowena.
Speaker 9: Right opposite the gate to get into the MCG there. And obviously Christian, we heard about your troubles yesterday, so we've begun an internal investigation into the operation of that.
Speaker 3: I demand the Royal Commission.
Speaker 9: We in fact have excavated on the way no look Punt Road going into a Wiener parade. It's basically Christian. The way it works is we try and give green time to as many people as possible. So along punk road.
Speaker 3: To the Insight, they called it green time. I'm going to start using that now with family and friends to impress them it's green.
Speaker 4: Time, trying to give you all equal green time.
Speaker 3: Well, at the moment, all I'm getting from you guys, is that too much red time.
Speaker 9: Well, there's a little detector under the road. Don't know whether you realize that, but there's a piece of magnet that basically detects the metal of your car. So the key is make sure you run over that, because if you don't run over that, the traffic lights won't know you're there. The other problem I suppose with tunt Road and Hoddle Street is because each individual intersection talks to each other, they're all in sequence, so we can't basically get a red light in the middle of a green wave. There's another one for you.
Speaker 3: So it's basically what we're asking for is you know, maybe this is a conversation offair. Is some kind of remote control that I can use. No one else knows about a special arrangement. I can just wind the window now and give it a little click and then suddenly it goes green and I've got green time go.
Speaker 9: I could kind of see some money in the state government for that. I'll have a chat to our Roads min it's to Ben Carroll, just to see if we can't go to come up with some sort of charge my control the.
Speaker 3: Lights talking to each other. How do they do that?
Speaker 9: Well, essentially all of melbourne'sraffic lights do that. It's a system called scats and essentially it's all designed to basically cater for peak hours. So in the mornings, everyone's coming towards the city, so all of the lights are set up so that all the green time or most of the green time is headed towards the city. Opposite happens in the afternoon. Essentially, the traffic bus are very clever. They know how many cars are there, they know what speed the pod cars are going through the intersection. Lots of information. And believe me, the people who program these traffic lights have got enormous brains. The algorithms that it takes to sequence a traffic mega mega mind.
Speaker 3: What's all the noise in the background by the way is and the traffic lights talking to each other. Now, Chris, where are you?
Speaker 9: I'm in the traffic operations setter. So I'm here with about twelve hundred cameras. I'm currently looking at people that have crashed into each other on the Ring Road up near Sydney Road. We had an initial crash just near Pascoval Road. Then people going Outtona bound its flowed to have a look and they've crashed into each other as well.
Speaker 3: You are sat in front of all those different cameras all over Melbourne.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and this is the room where we can control the traffic lights. We control all those overhead signals for the freeways. So when we've got you know, our vic growd's incident response cruisinggs, for example, saving someone who's run out of fuel or got a flat tire, will need to close the lane and reduce the speed down to forty because obviously when there's people on the road, we've got to reduce those speeds. But this is the room, the nerve center, where it all happens. We've also got the guys from PTV controlling the trams and the trains and all that sort of stuff. So it's it's a great room to be and you should come visit us one day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, genuinely I'd love to go to see that by on people driving the work Chris.
Speaker 4: Can people cheat the system? We heard yesterday that people try and roll over the sensor in the road and then back off it, back on it, back off it, back on it. And also people flash their lights at the traffic lights to either of those work.
Speaker 9: Neither work now and no need to hit the detector more than once. It's a magnet. And in fact, when you move away from the detector, the lights think you've gone and you're not there anymore, So get it on the detector, sit there and say that the lights will happen in their sequence. But as the flash of your lights at it, no, you'll just look on an idiot.
Speaker 3: Last question for me. We like on the show, Chris, We like trying and give an usual, different, original prizes away. Is it possible that I could give away a price for a week where if we worked out what a listener's trip to work was, you just organized it was all green lights.
Speaker 4: Great, just do it on the Italian Job, the Melbourne Jobs.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we can do that for a prize, just for a week. What a great car that would be.
Speaker 9: I think it'd be difficult to get across the line. In fact, the only time I've known that ever happened is when Prince Harry and Megan arrived. So special to get that right.
Speaker 3: I got that remote control clicker eye want that as well, Chris Royal green tie. Yes, yes, Chris Miner, thank you very much. We catch up again soon and Jack and I would love if you genuine to come around and have a look around there. It sounds amazing, excellent.
Speaker 9: You welcome anytime, guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks Chris, have a good day.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So once a week on a show, we like to pair through the speakers, having a look at what you're up to. Something creepy going on. It's just just interested see what what are we seeing? What are we seeing? If we were to look through the speakers, what are you up to right now? I'm always fascinated about as we're chantering on, as we do Monday to Friday, sixth or nine, chuntering on in the background, what are you actually up to? Would you love there to be like a radio goggle box? What are they actually up to? You can see what they're up to while the show is going on.
Speaker 4: Set that up.
Speaker 3: I guess what hidden cameras in the speakers they.
Speaker 4: Know about it. We get them to sign the papers.
Speaker 3: They don't know. When google box, you know that none of those families now they're being watched.
Speaker 4: We get families. I guess they're sat around. You don't really sit around the radio anymore. That seems like in the.
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifties, you know, listening to His Majesty's voice said, is it the BBC? We are at war? It's not like that now, gathered around listen to a secret sound.
Speaker 4: But then we get the comments of the gather.
Speaker 3: Around cash Man's back children. Tell the neighbors to come on over. We have a Calor radio, only one on the streets. All right, let's take some let's se how we take some girls. Next note now here we got here, Andrea, good morning and good morning.
Speaker 8: I am walking in the pitch black with a headlamp on, walking my dog Blue out in Southwest Victoria, listening on the iHeart radio app.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. That's I love the image of you in the lamp, the kind of miner's lamp.
Speaker 4: I saw a headlamp run of this morning, and it just made me think, like, how badly do you want to get out and about in the morning that you have to put the head lamp on. But I guess, Andrea, you want to be out and about white's dark.
Speaker 10: Well I do, because I don't sleep very well.
Speaker 8: I wake up nice and early.
Speaker 3: So I turn that headlamp off. It might be sort of keeping you alight. It's like a street light above your noggin. That might be the problem.
Speaker 8: Wait, it is so scary out here because I'm in the country, so that there's no street lamp and it's pretty scary. There could be a cow charge me any second.
Speaker 3: Well, that's an extra bit of an element of danger to the whole thing. Every single morning.
Speaker 4: If the phone goes dead, will know it's a cow.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, you'll keeping you Andrew and you're the rest of you walk. Thanks calling you mate, Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 2: Bye The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines right now.
Speaker 11: Paul, good morning, Good morning Christian. Waiting for a taxi to go to the airport to compete this weekend in the parah Vision Impaired Archery Nationals in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: Wow, tell us more about that, mate, That sounds amazing.
Speaker 11: We have it every year around each state and I'm one of the competitors. I'm totally blind and in my division, so we have an equal playing field. I have to wear a blindfold or blacked out glasses the duration of the time I'm on the field to the time I take myself off the field.
Speaker 3: Now, Paul, obviously we have questions. I've never heard of this, how does it actually work?
Speaker 11: Then we have put locators on the ground which we put our heels against. We have a normal tripod of a photographer where the camera would sit. We have a tactile which we touch on the back of our hand in one point, and then my arrow agent, who is cited, who is standing behind me, scores for me, also collects the arrows and tells me using an analogue clock face where I've gone on the board. So they can't say right or left because I don't know where that is, so they've got to say two o'clock red or ten o'clock gold.
Speaker 3: Sorry? Mate, were you born blind? How did you learn to do? Actually to take up archery?
Speaker 11: I took up that ar tree because it's right across the road from where I live as a sport once I lost my site. I lost my site twenty five years ago, and it was a matter of just retraining the brain and coaching with cited.
Speaker 3: Coaches amazing and so.
Speaker 11: We were teaching them as much as they were teaching us.
Speaker 3: Right, and you competing this weekend and how have you got on? Have you obviously done this a couple of times before?
Speaker 11: Yeah began in Australia which we promoted in twenty eleven. And we're competing Saturday Sunday aunt Patriotary Club in Brisbane and there's about two and a half to two dozen because of COVID not everyone's coming.
Speaker 3: Sure Wellison, good luck this weekend and love to talk to you mate.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, all right, have a good day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Why don't you and I head off to the Suez Canal? The Suez Canal, sue, he's very proud of this pronunciation. This feller he's spoken to someone, is Suez you pronounce the es?
Speaker 12: The Suez Canal one of the busiest shipping highways in the world, At least it usually is, except for now, with a massive container ship wedged in the narrow canal, blocking traffic in both directions.
Speaker 3: You must have seen the footage. It's barely believable. A massive four hundred meter long container ship, the ever Given I wish name for a boat, isn't it? The ever Given is holding now over one hundred and ten other big shipping containers in the Suez Canal. I've becoming wedged sideways. This has never ever happened before in the history of the Suez Canal. Just to put this into concerts and why this is a big night, why it's costing millions and millions in minutes twenty five percent of the world's trade goes through the Suez Canal, especially oil. It all goes through there. So if there's a delay and they reckon, it's going to be at least another two days to try and free this twenty two thousand ton megaship, four hundred meters long, one hundred meters tall, fifty nine meters wide. It's going to take another couple of days and they reckon, it's going to have repercussions all over the world, costing millions. Yesterday, when I was watching news, I couldn't get enough of it. I found it meserizing. They reckon that. The helmsman I never heard of a helmsman. Perhaps, have you ever heard of a helmsman on the boat?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: I think I have, but I don't know where exactly they are.
Speaker 4: The helmsman is the person who actually steers a ship, sailboat, submarine, or spacecraft.
Speaker 3: Right, there's even one of the spacecraft. I've seen all those movies. No one said, hey, helmsman, and we are right to reverse it a bit more up, you know, you keep going get it left, dan down, left, stand down.
Speaker 4: I'm blocked between two comings. So he's the guy actually behind the wheel, so his fault or the captain's fault. The captain's telling him what to do.
Speaker 3: They're saying, the helmsman lost control of the boat, and obviously I don't know how you do that. They're not they're not quick moving because they're so huge. I mean four hundred meters long. They're absolutely massive. So I don't know what's something. Surely as well, don't they have like park assist we have that on our cars. Something this important in a shipping canon. Don't they have like radar?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, yes, the edge here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how it becomes stuck. Anyway, here's what we're going to talk about this morning. Then, uh, the as these little tugs. They've asked for all the tug boats in Egypt or this sounds like a Nursey run, all the tug boats in Egypt, all the Egyptian slapt the tug boats.
Speaker 4: Try to undo the major million dollar puttle tug boat.
Speaker 3: Either the tug boat, all the tugboats work together to free up the enorious boat that was stuck. Yeah, they've asked shout out to all tugboats in Egypt. Everyone get to the Sewerz Canal. I've just shown chat this amazing photo.
Speaker 4: Right, this is so funny.
Speaker 3: Bye. On the land bit of the sewers canal, there's two guys, Fred and Dave. I'm guessing they're called right, two guys looking up right. I bet the next column all the way up at this great big Megan cantenner that's stuck in the sewers canal. All they've got is a little bulldozer. And we all had days like that where you look at the task at it, you're like, oh god, what Remember the ship.
Speaker 4: Is twenty stories high and they've got a bulldozer trying.
Speaker 3: To twenty two thousand tons. Two guys in high fits, couple of trade's gonna chuck your line down. We're given to go stick in fuss, put in four wheel drive, all right this morning. Then on ABC yesterday there was some correspondent that said the quote, the ship is super stuck. So when have you been not stuck? Don't call any of you got a stuck story on if you were super stuck? When have you been super stuck? And this is by the hour they reckon. It's at least ten to twelve million dollars an hour, and it might take three days, so it would be hundreds of millions. So I want to know whene have you cost your company money? So this morning, with all this going on, then when have you been super stuck? And have you cost your company money?
Speaker 2: Hello, good money, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Catherine first of all, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Catherine, Good morning Christian. I got super stuck when I impaled my car and a wheely bin.
Speaker 3: Amazing. I got to hear the story. What happened.
Speaker 8: When I was eighteen. I was living at home and I was driving a Madda three two three station wagon and the lots of cars at home, so I had to park on the front lawn, which was on quite a hill, and I was racing out to go to a club one night. Jumped in my car, didn't realize it was benight, reversed at speed and backed over it a wheelly bin and got the back The wheels of the wheely bin wedged up underneath the bumper of my car, so it was kind of dangling in mid air like it's raining down. I'm wedged on the top of his bin. I can't three wheel drive, so I can't go forward. I can't go back, and I'm just going, what the heck? So I raced inside to ask my dad for help, and I've done a few things like this, so he's just like, oh, what have you done?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 8: Darling comes out and has a look and he just he's like oh, and he just shakes his head and looks at me and goes back inside. So we had to call his mate with like a crane ory thing on his truck to come and get the car off the harning.
Speaker 3: Mate with a crane on the back of his truck. I mean, I wish we all have had that, mate, And I'll go to contact my mate Bob Brackets with the crane. You're busy now with a crane again, how about you go into the club. Did you make it to the club or not?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had to go call a girlfriend to come and pick me up. I was supposed to be designated driver, but I just it just.
Speaker 3: Put it a great I love wedged on a weedy bit. And so when did your dad's mate turn up to free it with the crane?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Luckily it was a Friday night, so it came the next Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Amazing. That's a great god to give you a pair of tickets go to a Villa Cinema's gold class brilliant story caster. Thank you very much. Let's go to Greg. I've cost my company money. Greg, how much was it?
Speaker 1: A good question?
Speaker 3: It was dollars eight thousand dollars. What were you doing? What did you do wrong?
Speaker 1: It was actually they mispread the So I was checking the temperature on the fridge and it was meant to be one point two degrees. It was actually twelve degrees.
Speaker 3: Even you know, I mean, I'm no expert on degrees, but that does seem quite bit off to me.
Speaker 1: One point twelve just a little bit, mate. Yeah, So so, yeah, I was lost a lot of stuff, and yeah it wasn't good.
Speaker 3: And what was what was frozen food, food.
Speaker 1: Milk, drinks, see, lots of stuff like that, mate.
Speaker 3: Basically yeah, Greg, thank you very much and cool nose. All right, So eight thousand and I see if we can get another corner on its cost their company more than eight thousand.
Speaker 15: David, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: How you game.
Speaker 3: I'm good David, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling. And so how much can you raise us eight thousand dollars worth of damage? To company.
Speaker 15: I think I got that covered mate. Going back in the eighties, I was managing Hulett Packard's warehouse where all this stuff used to come in from Australia. They had a computer which was top heavy and I had to move it from one from one storage room to another with a with a fourth live.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: The computer was.
Speaker 15: Worth about fifty to sixty grand and on one side of the skid there was a polystyrene miss and so when it was top heavy, I went around the corner and it fell over and break one of the internal parts.
Speaker 16: So that sort of stuffed.
Speaker 15: Them up for a little while, and they had to wait for another part to come in from Mexico. When they sent a party from Mexico, weighed about one hundred grams and it was sitting on top of the pallet and I was driving the fork lift and it blew off the pallet straight underneath the tire and there goes the fifteen thousand dollars replacement part and another six months for one to come back in.
Speaker 3: This is unbelievable. I mean, why did they keep letting you do this as well? Old Changer's dave on the fork lift, you know, And this is you know, young kids listening, This is how heavy computers used to be. Do you want to move a computer now, Matt, what you put in your backpack? You used to have to get a forklift truck to actually move a top heavy computer. I can imagine that's heavy anymore.
Speaker 4: The center of gravity is right down the bottom, David. And he said, he said it was so heavy, yet the wind blew it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well the replacement part come in a package which was about one hundred grams, you know, maybe two hundred grams, so I didn't wean my safe for the other I actually come.
Speaker 16: But back in.
Speaker 15: Those days, the computers used to be eight meg. So your home personal computers used to be eight meg. Your phones are about two hundred and seven.
Speaker 3: Amazing, David, thank you very much. Youkil You're more than welcome.
Speaker 15: Might have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thank you and you.
Speaker 2: Christian, Hello, good Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about this big mega shipping container. Just to give you some idea, is it says as high as a twenty story tall building, longer than two mcgs and heavier than six and a half thousand hippos or listen he tried to call the show the other day. He heard and he's saying something just under quarter of a million dippers to put it into the dipper index that we often weigh stuff on this show. So it's big. Twenty two thousand tons mega shipping container, one of the largest in the world, is stuck in the Sewez Canal. I didn't know this. I was thinking, maybe this happened, you know sometimes with those big ships are steering it around him rough season. It's never ever happened before. The helmsman. We found out that some more on the helmsman does what the ships.
Speaker 4: He's the actual guy steering the ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he lost control of it somehow. I mean he literally got one job, just get it through that canal.
Speaker 4: He said, it's windy.
Speaker 3: It must have been. It must have been windy there many many days. The canal has been there years. No one's ever done this before.
Speaker 4: If you can picture it, He's meant to be going straight and somehow the boat is on a complete right angle and he's wedged between.
Speaker 3: It looks like the scene in Austin Powers when he's in that little car. He's gone backwards, forwards, backwards. That's what it's going to be like for the next three back, a bit forward, backward and forward.
Speaker 4: He was just trying to do a three point term. Maybe he left your keys at home or something.
Speaker 3: So this morning, then on this on the ABC last night, they were describing it as being not stuck, because it's not. It's super stuck. So whenever you've been super stuck, this is obviously raking up millions and millions, as there are now over a hundred ship and containers all stuck like a part on basically like a traffic jam right in the sewer's canal. So you want to know, when have you cost your company money? Billy, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Christian. Yeah, I scored a new job at the local chruck farm when I was younger, and I filled up finally, I filled up the trolley which was sort of hang on wheels off the ceiling and you push it along, and I filled up with probably ten thousand eggs. I'm pretty proud of myself. And then I am turned around and then trolley kept going and actually went off the age and smashed all the eggs everywhere, and there's nowhere to hide.
Speaker 3: Do you know I like that? Betty? So did you say this the first down your jaw.
Speaker 13: Yeah and last, first last.
Speaker 3: There's a phone in, there's a phone in tomorrow, first and last day. What a great day the first to last image Another way, he said, you put ten thousand eggs in them. Pretty proud of yourself. I'd be very proud of myself.
Speaker 1: I yeah, it was gone all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, a great start to what would look like a promising career as an egg man. Yeah.
Speaker 14: I I was looking forward to it, but nah, it didn't didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Must make a fantastic sound. Ten thousand eggs fucking at once.
Speaker 3: Beautiful big for tatar omelet Billy, thank you very much. You kill buddy. There you go, Spilly formerly the eggman who's got here Susan, Good morning, Susan.
Speaker 10: Good morning Christian. My partner worked for a smash repair and he clashed a Ferrari twenty sixty into an Aston Martin advantage and pushed it into a Lamborghini Galado.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, this is the world's most expensive dominos. So it's a Ferrari goes into an Aston Martin goes into a Lambo Lamborghini. Yeah, you're going to do it, Do it right? Please? Take us. So what's obviously reversing? The first I was.
Speaker 10: Taking it off the blocks and the foot stuck on the pedals, and the rest was like dominoes.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, at.
Speaker 4: Least you're at the smash repairs already.
Speaker 3: Those cars though, I mean the handmade those cars.
Speaker 4: What was the cost of the damage.
Speaker 10: A few hundred pairs?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it'd be more than that. They're about three or four hundred thousand each, those cars. It's got almost a million dollars worth of damage. That is incredible. Do you even just go home? Then? Straight away? You don't even apologize, just get out of there. I mean, what can you say?
Speaker 10: It was pretty pale when I got.
Speaker 11: A hand.
Speaker 3: Susan. Great story. Thank you very much for show, and have a good day mate. Hi, Bob Christian, I'm good Bob, So tell us your story about being super stuck.
Speaker 16: I was super stuck in a toilet in the hard Rock Cafe in Cambodia. I had a bit of balie deli, so to speak, and went racing into the toilets and was first on my running with slow closing toilet seats. So pull the pants down, said on the seat when it wasn't fully closed, and my old fellow slipped up underneath and got damned on the between the seats and the pit. And I've got to tell you one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 3: On on my circumcised yourself.
Speaker 16: Oh, I had the biggest blood lilister, but it took two.
Speaker 3: Guys going to be sick.
Speaker 16: I couldn't get off because I was doing that much pain. So I had that two dollars to help me get out. And they were laughing at me while I was doing it.
Speaker 3: So what did you have to cry for help?
Speaker 16: Fortunately are only little cue because I was either undo it to let them in.
Speaker 3: But we're all there with you the cubacle. The bloodlister is stuck there. Tell people to get you out that ship stuck in that Sewez canal. It was like littlee Bo, it's going to get you out. All the tug boats from cambody attentional units. Oh Bob, that is a hell of a story. So we'll give you at least we can do as a pair of tickets. That's any off the gold class fitted cinemas. Really. Oh no, thank you, Bob. Have a good day. Take care now.
Speaker 2: There The Christian O'Connell Show podcast last week.
Speaker 3: Then we started a new game for you on the school run. It is chaos the score Run, which is why it's probably a very bad idea to try and set up a game show with you playing in your cars with your families on the school run. School running in the morning. All right, so the winning family last week, the Simpson family stay on. They're the current reigning champs. So if you're about to get into your car right now, mom or Dad and the kids and you fancy taking them on, We've got two questions with our brand new quiz master. The quiz Master on school Running sears Jack Post. He's not happy with the questions today if you think they're too easy. You said that about last week's and they still got the question wrong about the.
Speaker 4: What was it was the shape box? They didn't know barbecue Shaffer's the green bar?
Speaker 3: No was that color? Would you know? Patsy? Yeah, definitely up for grams today. Could you knock off the raining champs the Simpson family captain by Maya who's thirteen, got Dad, Sean and Anna as well in the car as well. Christian Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell's show podcast, Good Morning to Jack's mum just send a little sonny little message on his little radio show in his little tree house. It's so cute this it makes me miss my mum. This is so nice.
Speaker 4: Just a picture of a Lamington and she said, I bought you a Lamington. Stop by and pick it up.
Speaker 3: Isn't that lovely? You're going to do that?
Speaker 4: What a trait to look forward to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a little Lammington.
Speaker 13: School Runnings and hear this show's Little Lammington only Little Lamington post AnyWho batmass constraint?
Speaker 3: Now we have two families on the school run ready to take each other on week two of School Runnings. What's more stretch on the school run and trying to take part in a radio game show? What were we thinking? All right, let's meet the raining champs winner stays on they won last week, the Simpson family. What are seven days for this family? We ask each of the families playing in their cars during their schools who ALEXA team captain? Last week it was thirteen year old Mayer. Captain has now gone to dad. It's been stripped at GW West I did last season with Cannedio. It's a GWS situation. Dad is now captain. Let's find out the breaking situation. Dad, Sean newly installed us a new captain? What's happened? Good morning, Simpson family, Good morning Christian?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? So what's happened with the captain? See? I were talking last night and the girls come up to me and they said, we don't want to beat captain anymore.
Speaker 10: So I said, all I'm going to have to take one for the team.
Speaker 3: Well done, well done? Were your the raining champs? And how are the team? Seem a bit quiet in the back? How's the team?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's MS Thursday. Doesn't it all a bit tired?
Speaker 2: Week?
Speaker 3: Lot of homework? How are you girls? Good? Yeah? Do you regret taking part in this last week? And now you're stuck on it? Week two? Hello? All right captain Dad, we need you on the car horn so we can hear a car horn. It might be used as a buzzer later on. Can we hear it again? I remember this one is a little clown car is in here? All right? Good luck the raining champs? Then the Simpson family taking them on this morning? How they good enough? Let's meet the contestants morning contending family on the school roll right now? The Rykart family. Good morning, and the captain is Wendy Mum. Wendy, good morning, yea, good morning, Good morning, Wendy. You're the captain this morning. Introduce your family and your team this morning, playing with you, Wendy. Okay, so I've got Ella, who's sitting and Amber? Good morning, Ella, good morning. Hello. Just looking at Apparently you're a big fan of Queen and Taylor Swift. Yeah, good taste. Amber, good morning, Good morning Amber. I know nothing about you. I have not been given any notes. What are you a fan of Amber? Pink pink? Oh, well, well we like pink on this station, all right, Amber, Ella and Captain Wendy the mom, good luck. Can we hear your car horn home this morning? Your car horn? That's more like it. Okay, good luck, teens. We're going to play next. School Runnings will happen next with Quiz Marstar our very own Lamington Jack Posts.
Speaker 2: Hello, Good morning, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Two families every Thursday morning, live on the school run taking each other on in School Runnings, Winter stays on. So the rating champs are the Simpson family. School Running in the Morning controversy in the last seven days. We're the really last twenty four hours with the Simpson family giving up. Thirteen year old Mayor gave up the captaincy Dad Sean is not to step in. All right, Simpson family, you're going to go first. We've got two questions. Are you already?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, relaxed.
Speaker 3: They just want to be done with this. All right, guys, are you ready to play? You're the reigning champs. Come on, Simpson family, let's do it. Yeah, well done, team. All right, Jack is the quits mastery. He asks you questions. Question has always Then once Jack's finished answer the question, we'll give you five seconds you can talk amongst each other, and then you need to give us your answer. Good luck.
Speaker 4: Question number one, Simpson family. An animal that eats only plants is called what?
Speaker 3: I'm not even going to give the kids a chance to take part in this. He's going for the win, aren't you, captain? Oh, captain? Competitive? Fit off about you? Is it? Captain text w no mess, don't even give a chance to educate those young braids. Screw them their useless Well done one for one second question quiz Master post the Lamington.
Speaker 4: Name two orange colored vegetables.
Speaker 3: And you said these are too hard. I think not five second starts now, Tara and unkind correct, Hey, I'll give you a chance to get the sound effect. Ready, the five seconds hadn't finished it. Everyone's all a bit keen and trigger happy today. Correct? All right? Two for two? Is it enough? They speak now to the contenders this morning the reich Art family welcome back. So we got captain this morning by Wendy, and also joining her are two awesome daughters, Ella and Amber. First question for you guys.
Speaker 4: Right card family in Sesame Street? Who lives in the rubbish bin?
Speaker 3: Hi? Bro? Question the s Morning books with the old orange vegetables.
Speaker 10: Wait again, Oscar the grout?
Speaker 4: Oscar the grouch is correct?
Speaker 3: Wait for the sound then come on Lammington. You can't wait to get out of it and chuck into that little mummy brought Lamington today. Well done, guys. Second question, if.
Speaker 4: You get this right, we go to a dead hate can't wait? This is too easy?
Speaker 3: Do you want to upgrade it the page? I reckon? Should we get them a tougher one? Yeah? No, I agree, I'm going into have we seen some of these one? How many members are there in Amba? Where do we get these questions wrong?
Speaker 4: All right, here you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got one hang on time of question number two.
Speaker 4: Rick Card family, What is Harry Potter's middle name?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 10: What you know?
Speaker 3: You've gone too far the other way, Jame James's Well, this is exciting, guys. It's time of the tie break. The team have urged me not to do this. I'm so excited. Let's well go about the Simpson family. All right, two families now drawing to a piece. This is exciting. Jack is going to ask you the tie break question, and it's the first team to buzz in on their car horn. So once again the car horn for the Simpson family will sound like okay and the Rychart family. Right, So have we got someone spotting for each family? Rio, you go for the Simpson family, collecting Tom out that you go for the Rychart family. Okay, Jack. The tie break question.
Speaker 4: Is what is the name of Simba's father in the Lion King?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh no? Who are you going to go to? Producers? Producers? Producers? Which car horn? Did we hear first? Morse code? Now? Producers? They had the verdict there, who's car horn went first?
Speaker 14: Family?
Speaker 3: REI can't family go to you for the answer? Okay? The question again to the Reichart family.
Speaker 4: What is the name of Simber's father in the Lion King?
Speaker 3: Correct? We are and new raining champs the Right Cards a tense horn off this morning school running spr off.
Speaker 4: I think we agreed on that it's a new cash raise.
Speaker 3: Hey, well done, the right Cart family, Well done, you get your two hundred dollars delivery voucher. Well done the Rye Cart family. I think utter relief for the Simpson that they won't be forced into us next week by super competitive dad. Right up, famly, we see you again same time next week. You're playing on. Well done. Bye bye Simpson family. Congratulations, well play. Nice spirit of the game. There's see lady girls, Bye bye Maya and also and bye girls. Okay, we'll send you a little price as well. We do on everyone.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy's very excited. Just twenty three minutes left on the show. And then go home, See mommy, get that Lamington. Jack's mum texted him during the show and say you got nice litt Levington. Wait for him if you can swim by and get it after the show.
Speaker 4: Maybe you should be that rule when you bring a birthday cake to school. Unless you've got enough for everybody, you don't bring anything at all, So mum, unless you got at Leamington's for the whole team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think what was more? You bring in the limiteds here? Not your mum? Why are we paying sea shanties? Today's time waste with all this news about this mega shipping container stuck in the sewerz canal and all your great stories today we're after your boat songs. Can I just say now? I think this might be stretched the time waste?
Speaker 4: Look at these boats.
Speaker 3: Boats are not funny because I'm sure the crew of the ever ready the stuck in the sewers Canal saying right now, all right boat songs? Yes, God, what a great song. He ain't heavy. He's my brother, was number one hit all over the world. He ain't heavy, he's my rudder.
Speaker 4: That's actually a gold.
Speaker 3: It's all downhill. It's all to the sewers. Now buckle up with all without you, roll with all silver.
Speaker 4: Plus you're generous.
Speaker 3: Don't look back at anchor silver. The tugs don't work. That's a gold, thank you. And since you've been gondola, that's.
Speaker 4: Pretty yours, A pretty good yes, boats are funny.
Speaker 3: Jack What have you got? Folk songs?
Speaker 4: Can you feel the love tonight?
Speaker 3: Go straight in.
Speaker 4: Harbor, better, faster, stronger.
Speaker 3: That's the one to beat folks.
Speaker 4: You know who sung that? Obviously? Raft punk?
Speaker 3: Oh, very nice. Someone knows they're getting a Lamington today. The mummies baskets.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boat songs.
Speaker 3: You say, yeah, I I of the tiger, No for you.
Speaker 4: And we all get into this. You all love the bottom of the boat, don't we the very bottom healing me softly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's good. Back up there. You're finishing strong with the gold.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast, So.
Speaker 3: Time today here the sea Santi music is boat songs, boat songs.
Speaker 4: You ready to mark Jackie boy, I am ready, captain.
Speaker 3: Nice smells like teen Spirit of Tasmania.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: Trying to think of one Roger you beat me to it. That's very good. Tugging me Softly's a tug a moat to be tugged slowly, justin yachts. Love got to do with it?
Speaker 4: Silver, you should be row lucky, Silver.
Speaker 3: Luke cup and Noose. I liked it? Who let the tugs out? Whooo? Gold Danielle baby got barnacle back bronze ships. Don't lie Shakira with these ships don't lie very good five six three, put your name on it if you text them in Guys, I'm sexy and I row it gold Well, I'm robbed. Am I ever going to see your boat team boat face again? Gold DECKO take a bow A boy named suez Go. That's really good, Ben, very very good. Bats out of hull, Bronz grant ship to be square, Silver catamaran in the mirror. Gold You've got that sinking feeling gold tucky tucky bang bang.
Speaker 4: That's Trevor.
Speaker 3: I think it just made that up. Stop it now. I just cool to say, ohoy, bron this is a Joe Dolce one. You ready run up? Are your face? Give me the chocolates, Gold chocolates coming to you. No anything else is nautical compares to you silver. Nah, No, forget it. You win them with that one. That is very very good. All right, So tomorrow morning on the show, Dave Sherwood turns forty on his bucke. Last week, Michelle's wife called the show said, my husband is turning forty at the end of this week tomorrow, and on his bucket list he wants to become a rock star. He's a mild mannered accountant during the day and he wants to be axel Row. So Dave Sherwood is throwing a TV. This is his bucket, this item throwing a TV through a window as he becomes axel Row him live on air tomorrow morning at eight am. This is Dave. This guy is well, This guy cannot wait wild Man Day.
Speaker 7: Hey, Christian Dave here, I've been preparing.
Speaker 3: He's an accountant. He takes comfort in quiet numbers. Again, what man?
Speaker 2: Hey, Christian Dave here.
Speaker 7: I've been preparing for my fortieth tomorrow and can't wait to tick off a back at this Darland by launching a tavy out the window, as well as deadlifting the kids and nappies. I've been on a high proteen diet and watching guns and Roses on repeat. Slash akay, Michelle and I will see you in the morning.
Speaker 3: We can't wait wild Man Day. Sorry Axl tomorrow morning at ten past eight. Now, how's the glass? You got that thing ready?
Speaker 4: I've got to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's no subtle way to get into us now, Jack, just question off the top of my head. The glass structurally inspected in the strict accordance to a OHS rules.
Speaker 4: That's right. We would never throw anything through a pane of glass and especially looked at. So thanks to Michael and the whole team at South Melbourne Glass for inspecting the glass. The official glaziers of the Christian O'Connell Show. When we think glass, we think South Melbourne Glass.
Speaker 3: Damn right, baby, what man Dave.
Speaker 2: Hey, Christian Dave here.
Speaker 7: I've been preparing for my fortieth tomorrow and can't wait to tick off a bucket this island by launching a tvy out the window, as well as deadlifting the kids and nappies. I've been on a high protein diet and watching guns and Roses on repeat. Slash okay, Michelle and I will see you in the morning.
Speaker 3: Quick back. Do we think he does it in the first take? We were told by Cindy from Dig Dig Deminition, the official deminition experts of the Christian O'Connor Show. When we think deminition, we think dig Dig deminition. We also think South Melbourne Glass.
Speaker 4: We're doing a lot of things him.
Speaker 3: He was so much thinking all the time. She said, when you chut bricks at this kind of glass, it bounces off it. Do we think he's going to put it through first? Go, I reckon he will. I really want her to as well.
Speaker 6: Christian i'connell The Christian O'Connell Show podcast