Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I think it's a bit bogan Villia.
Speaker 3: I don't know with shoes you can't feel were you feed up?
Speaker 4: I've a confused old young man.
Speaker 1: Both Benjamin but Christian O'Connell show Gold one oh four pint three.
Speaker 4: Hey, Good morning Friday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Jack Post, Good morning guys. Good morning Patsy morning before we get into doll thumbs up Friday. Who is the comfort to the weekend? Patsy? What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: We've got a big weekend. This weekend. I've got to Audrey's getting her first jab, her first COVID jab. So we've got a shoe nervous she yeah, she's not good with needles, so I've had to bribe her. I said she could get a present. Does that make me a bad parent?
Speaker 4: No at all. I do that all the time, even now.
Speaker 3: So Christian told me the other day, what movie are we going to pay the girl's money to watch? Because you thought it was a good message.
Speaker 4: I've done that a couple of times, them twenty five bucks each, and I heard it whispering. Does he know there's our pocket money for.
Speaker 3: A week just that and he's just going to give a rock rhyming movie or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. So if it makes your man parent, it makes me weekly. Actually, what to say about any hope for me? Have been a popular breakfast show DJF to pay my own kids to hang out with me for our on the couch.
Speaker 3: That's what cash Men's doing for the station, Dad man.
Speaker 4: Jack, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, we start our first weekend of self imposed isolation, sadly because we've got to not get COVID before Bianchi goes into labor because of cause all kinds of problems. So we're putting ourselves in lockdown.
Speaker 4: No, mom or Dad, you know you're doing the right thing though. You know you've come so far in all Seriously, you've been through a lot to get to where you are now, where you're couple of weeks away from Bianca given birth to a beautiful baby, your son. You can do this. We did six lockdowns over the last two years. You can do you can do this.
Speaker 3: That's right, four or five weeks, that's nothing compared to what we've been through. Before.
Speaker 4: No, And it's a great reason as well. It gives you time to read up on everything you need to know about being a dad as well. All those books you've put off. No, you've got no excuse.
Speaker 3: Now, those tests that we did last year, I'll smash those, yes, ye, trust me. Over summer I've read the books.
Speaker 4: Yeah. After we finished the show yesterday, right, got on my car about an hour later at the front of my house and it had been broken into overnight. Oh no, yeah, and it'd been trashed, right, And I got I got strapped the car, walk back into my house and the first thing I said, what was have your the kids been in my car? No, because I just presumed they were, like, you know, looking for something. And when my wife and doodaughters look for something right there, it's a female thing. They will just top the entire room or just suffcus. And my wife was like, no, none of us have been there. Went all right, when I've been broken into, we're back into the car. They hadn't taken anything, because I don't leave any jokes in my car overnight. And they'd also left. I mean, these are the savages you're dealing with. They'd left. They just threw it on the floor, along with my d's cap as well. That'd have been left there. They'd left an entire brand new packet of salted camel pretzels.
Speaker 3: They were mine.
Speaker 4: You you you left the greatest thing I've got in that car, brand new packet of salted camera pretzels. I lift it on the floor, like what idiots? I mean, I know you're an idiot anyway, if that's what you're doing in the early hours of the morning, up to no good but to leave. And they would have because I hide it from the wife and kids in the in the glove box. They've had to rip out the glove box. Look at it. The throw on the floor like this guy he's driving along and get stuck in traffic and joys assualted aramel pretzel. What a loser?
Speaker 3: Will the insurance company replace them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I still hate them. Right later on, when I got in the car and my wife.
Speaker 3: Says a rhyme scene wait, triple zero, they throw my pritcils.
Speaker 4: You know here now I've seen CSI put that blue stick on it goes. Who knows what else they've done in this car. My I said, you should not have maken those pretzels. They probably poisoned them. They're not going to poison them.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Friday, on the show Me, Jack and Bats tell you about the things we're into at the moment. We call a double thumbs Up Friday, stuff that u've really enjoyed watching. And you can always if you listen to this and you miss some of them, We put them on our Instagram and Facebook page as well, which you can find very easily. Guess what it's called The Christian O'Connell Show. You'll find our little homes there. All right, Patsy, you're the queen of double thumbs Up Friday. What is it for you? Then? Obviously last couple of weeks you must have seen some good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been to the cinemas. If you're wondering if it's worth going to the cinemas.
Speaker 4: Yes to the movie The Facebooks.
Speaker 2: This cinema saw some really great kids movies. Sing Too as good as the First Go and take the kid first. It is so much fun. Adam's Family Too is also worthy of a recommendation. But my all time favorite over the holidays was ghost Busters After Life.
Speaker 4: Yes that good? You have the kids.
Speaker 2: It was brilliant. As soon as we saw the short for it, we thought, oh, this looks like it's going to be good, and it did not disappoint. Of course, Jason Reatman directs it, whose dad Ivan did the original, and he's really done it justice. It's just a really beautiful tribute to Harold Ramas, who of course is not with us anymore, and he is included in the movie. It's a beautiful story and came by the other three Ghostbuster characters. This is really great if you're.
Speaker 4: Afra first to them as the other three seven weeks off, you couldn't you couldn't do a bad job of research to the other three.
Speaker 6: You will love it.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of the first ghost Buster.
Speaker 4: I loved it with those other guys starring the other and also what a what a lovely way to say that someone's dead, they're not with us anymore. We love that sort of thing, like a vicar might say that he's not with us anyone.
Speaker 2: But this is brilliant. You'll love it, Christian. If you're a fan of the first one.
Speaker 4: It's a classic comedy movie ghost Buster. This is a brilliant, brilliant movie. That's still funny. You can still watch it now. Actually it sort of stood the test of time. I will check it out.
Speaker 2: No, it's worth the check out. Another thing that you might laugh at me, Jack, You'll love this eventually when your little bubb is born. A brilliant classic Judith Kurse story, The Tiger who Came to Tea.
Speaker 3: My mum used to read me this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my favorite book to read to the kids when they were younger. Wife, I still kept them original book. I to read lost love reading that. It's a great story. And Judith Kerk she did so many amazing children's books. I met her a couple of times. An amazing character. Yeah. Haven't they turned into a TV Yes?
Speaker 2: And this is what I'm talking about. We stumbled across this on stand exclusive last weekend and Audrey looked at us and rolled her eyes. It's like, oh, you're so lame, Mom and Dad. That's like so long ago. It was her favorite story. But we found that it just drew us in again.
Speaker 4: It's just a little fron movies. He's a tiger. We ate all that dad sausages. I actually get so angry they trained called his bear different places or anything that Tiger It from Remembery.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty short story. How does your whole series?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: We get a bit desperate.
Speaker 3: It's just a little short film.
Speaker 2: It's twenty You.
Speaker 4: Take me five minutes to read at bedtime? How the bloody? How they go into a movie? Look? Christian Connor Show podcast double thumbs up. Friday, Me JACKO Pat. We talked about the things we've been into the last couple of week. I'd know about you guys, but on your WhatsApp groups, everybody always wants to know recommendations for what to watch at the moment before I get into mine and ask Jack here is I just want to say thank you very much too. We have the such big hearted listeners. Vicky Mudfold, who's literally just emailed during the ad break there an email for you and Bianca actually Jack, Morning Jack. My daughter had a son on the twenty third of December. She and her husband had to isolate for two weeks prior. They were told that she would have to go to the Monash Hospital on her own for the birth if she got COVID, and that's where pregnant mothers and babies are quarantined, a potentially terrible situation for anyone. I'm let alone a first time, like my daughter, Like Bianca, the isolation is totally worth her as the alternative is a lot worse. Wishing Jack and Bianca all the joy baby posts will bring very very soon. That's song, Vicky.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Vicky, And congratulations on the grandchild.
Speaker 4: Yeah awesome, all right, double thumbs up for me. Have you guys seen Ricky Gervasa After Life the first two seasons. The third one came out about a week and a half ago, and it is brilliant. It brings all together really well. It's incredibly funny, very very rude, disgusting, inappropriate, and also out of all the now three seasons of it, it's the most moving. He brings it together so well, and the whole cast are great in that. The last two episodes will really really melt your heart. It's the ending is I can't stop thinking about how he how he ends it actually the.
Speaker 3: End of the whole series, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Last one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's done in a really, really, really moving way. It's brilliant. Ricky will be on the show in the next two weeks as well, talking about but can't recommend that enough. Something else that's just really really made me laugh. And I was reluctant to watch it because not normally the sort of thing i'd watch a TV series about a superhero. But I've only been watch tearing through it because it is so funny John Cena. You might have seen the adverts for this new show directed by James gunn Maker. Yeah, but it is just so it is really really funny. I'm actually grinning just thinking about it. I've got this week's episode to watch later on today, and the music in it is fantastic because all eighties rock stuff you wouldn't heard of for a very long time. There's some brilliant music in there. But it is really well written. John Cena is a revelation, and I didn't know he was actually that funny. I sat it was a bit of a lunk in a lot of his movie stuff, but he's brilliant in this. And then my last recommendation, I think, out of everything I've recommended doing this, if you ask me just to recommend one documentary, it will now be this. I've recommended it to so many friends over the last couple of weeks. We all remember the story of the Tay Boys that were stranded in the caves about two or three years ago, and there was this huge international effort to try and get them out that lasted weeks and even when you started thinking about it, it would make you costrophobic. But the actual story of how they were rescued, it's documentary has been made by the directors of Free Solo and it is unbelievable. The real story, which we didn't know a lot of, is so amazing and it is the most incredible story I've ever watched. It's barely believable at times. It's called The Rescue. It's a National Geographic documentary. You can watch it on Disney Plus and if you've got National Geographic. The heroes although involved a lot of people, but these the heroes is two British guys and there's another amazing Australian called Harry. He's an anethethist and in his spare time, like these middle aged guys Rick and John, who've got jobs, this is just their hobby is cave diving, and it's the kind of hobby that for most of us, the thought of actually even just walking into a cave freaks me out. They've got go pro footage from actual the original cave divers do try to go down. So the Thay Navy seals gave up trying to rescue the boys. They weren't experienced enough to push through one thousand meters claustrophobic rock to try and get them out. And so these British nerds that they described themselves their middle aged guys, this is their weekend hobby doing this. It brings them calm. The rest of us you get freaked out. They decided to put themselves on a plane and just go over to see if they could advise. They then lend up going in and then well, I won't ruin it for the rest of you. We know how it ends. It's amazing they got them all out.
Speaker 3: They weren't there on an official conn. I didn't even know you could go to a rescue standing and co background.
Speaker 4: Because a couple of the Navy seals knew that they were like some of the best in the world and they need their advice. And the Navy seals in the end said, we actually can't do this, We're not good enough. So reluctantly the Thai government had to let some foreigners that weren't really officially involved in it go and have a look around at first, all to observe, and then they'll end up becoming if it hadn't been for those two divers, and then then getting this amazing Australian guy, Harry, who without him and at first he says no, because they had to anthetize the boys to get them out where he said, it's just unethical and he started still crying now talking about this streating guy Harry, even though they got all the boys out, when you watch what they had to do to get them out, and what I think what makes it so special is often you'll watch documentaries or movies about heroes and actually don't You can't connect to them because you think, when I could never do that. These guys they're just like us. Actually they were scared. They gave up initially. They just thought we won't be able to get them out. This is actually just impossible. They're not trained divers, and even trained divers like these Navy seals, it's too scary. You're going to have three or four hours of diving underwater and these tiny little caves to get them out. But it wasn't for the three of them not giving up and just pushing through these three unlikely heroes, the real story. I cannot recommend it enough. It's called The Rescue. It's on Disney Plus. It's about an hour and twenty minutes. You will sit there, it's not a thing. You'll just sit there casually. You'll be leaning for the whole time. You have your hand, have your mouth. You go, oh my god, oh my god. There so many times you start to almost hyperventilate, and just watching it with a bag of Dorito's and a beer on the couch. But it is such a feel good documentary about perseverance and unlikely heroes where if you saw them a room, you've never looked twice at them, but what they did is, yeah, the true definition of selfless. It's great. It's called The Rescue National Geographic. You find it on Disney Plus.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast, All.
Speaker 4: Right, Jack, what is it for you? What have you guys been into the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: The best movie I've seen so far this year will surprise you. It's a Disney animation. It's called Incanto. Have you seen it, Pats, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Grace watched this. Amazing things about it.
Speaker 3: They just make them so good.
Speaker 4: Now, so just Pixar.
Speaker 3: This is just Disney this time, and this is Disney's sixtieth animation, and by this stage they just perfect storytelling and everything about is perfect. The reason I watched it is because I read an article that the song from Encanto, we Don't Talk About Bruno is now bigger than in the song from Frozen, which let It Go.
Speaker 4: Was. Yeah, I never thought that would happen because Frozen was a great movie. But the soundtrack, I mean, I remember it was when we had it on CD, right and the girls on an average school run would hear that five or six times going to school and then coming back.
Speaker 3: So this is in Canton now for I guess of parents of kids these days, it's we Don't Talk About Bruno, which sounds like it.
Speaker 4: New music on Gold.
Speaker 3: So the songs are all written by Lynn Manuel Miranda, who wrote Hamilton and all the music from that they now Gold.
Speaker 4: This weekend are doing a Lin Manuel Miranda top one hundred and I just fingers crossed it's something from Hamilton or I'm going to really kick off. Man.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sound like a sicker fan, but this guy knows how to write.
Speaker 4: He's a proper genius. He's a funny guys. Well you see him on Kirby Enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I love the whole season where he was in it. So he's awesome. Now we're watching you tubes about lin Manuel, how he writes songs, how like what his processes, interviews with him on all the talk shows. I'm just a huge fan of him. The songs in in Canto.
Speaker 4: I tell you what's going to happen. This is brilliant, right, This is like a movie itself. You are going to come out of your isolation for that Scallo. Weeks before that baby with a brand new musical. I can figure it's cooled. Babies are coming, Babies are coming, baby babies. I think that's every music I have ever seen. There's a song like that, isn't there? Babies coming, Babies are coming. You're going to come out with your own lin Manuel moraunda baby.
Speaker 3: I'll see what I can do over there. A couple of weeks, we can't stop listening to the soundtrack of this movie. And I was saying to Bianco's I think when I become a parent, I'm actually gonna like the fact that kids want to watch the same movies over and over again, because I wish I was watching in Canto over.
Speaker 6: And over again.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, Oh you're all fun of it now, my friend, let's catch up in five years time.
Speaker 3: No, I will lean into it.
Speaker 4: I will I set all this, Patsy would have said of that, Yeah, you'll lean into it and then very quickly you'll lean back out of it. It's like mental torture again again again. Let it guy, l it gay so over a thousand times, easily, the movie or just the song, the song, song on the song. And what happens is sometimes you might you might the kids don't know this, but there might be some tough stuff going on in your life and you're forced to listen let it go. And how bloody easy is that?
Speaker 3: I think I will watch it over and over again and love it. I've been listening to the sound and over again myself, without a baby pushing me towards doing it.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what is the movie you think you've seen more times with Audie? I reckon. It's hands down Frozen.
Speaker 2: It is definitely Frozen. Funny you saying Canto. When I got home yesterday she was watching it yet again. But yeah, definitely frozen. You know, you've got the frozen costume, you've got the frozen plates, and when we eat this frozen, it's like you're absorbed by.
Speaker 4: What frozen mars you have for breakfast. As a family, it's all frozen.
Speaker 5: Basically The Christian O'Connell show podcast, What.
Speaker 4: Is the movie you've had to watch over and over again with your kids? And also when you were a kid, same kind of question. What was the movie you made your mom and dad watch over and over again? What was it for you? Jack?
Speaker 3: My brother and I watched this movie called Gobots, which was essentially Transformers are poor Man's Transformers, Gobot's Battle of the Rock Lords. We would have watched that movie eight hundred times.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute, are you going to need to read that again? It sounded like you said, Gobot's Battle of the Rock Lords.
Speaker 3: Battle of the Rock Lords is coraw. They battled rock shaped transformers, and they were normal shaped transformers like cars and planes and stuff. Even looking at the Google images.
Speaker 4: Of the go right now. Actually, yeah, I can.
Speaker 3: Still hear their voices in my head. That's how well I know these characters.
Speaker 4: Do you know that the Gobots? If you're looking on Google I am now reading up on them. Right. We all know Transformers obviously the bigger thing. Go Bots were first before Transformers.
Speaker 3: Then Transformers is a total rip off. Yeah, is there essentially exactly the same thing.
Speaker 4: I can't believe God again this this feels like a Transformers movie. Transformers now own go Bots anyway. Okay, let's go to the lines now. Who we got here, Jackie? Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 8: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lovely, Yes, that's our that's the radio working today. We can hear you, Jackie.
Speaker 9: You were.
Speaker 10: Well, yes, I'm slightly out of breast because I just run up the ramps from the beach into the toilet block so that you can hear me properly.
Speaker 4: Love to have all this detail. We're now live in the toilet. It's a new thing we're trying this year. We just want to know if you are in a toilet, please let us know. Well, this has made it quite awkward, but let's stay in the loop with you. So will you down on the beach walking the dog and you decided running.
Speaker 10: I am there every day of the week with my morning to morning Mermaids group of ladies. I started last year just to go down and have an early morning first they want, so we're there every morning.
Speaker 4: So you they're just in your bathers.
Speaker 10: I am there in my babies, Christian.
Speaker 4: Yet that's freezing in there.
Speaker 10: It's not freezing, Christians.
Speaker 11: I've been all through the diving suit to get in there at like six as Christian.
Speaker 10: Come on now we're used to it from England and join them. You'd be more than welcome to come and sign your book down here with this Christian.
Speaker 4: Grabbing in the ladies. Is they're coming out of the sea.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 4: Book came out a couple of months ago. It's about the toilet. I've got all the stock is up there.
Speaker 10: No, I'll stop that now. I remember that phone call, so I'll stop there.
Speaker 4: It was just so there we go, right mer Lady Jackie, let's get one point. You're up the ramp toilet. You and your son?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 4: No, it's my daughter.
Speaker 10: Yes, My daughter's Steff, who's now twenty two years old. Loved Snow White and seven Dwarfs when she was little. So we've got every plush toy. We had costumes, we heard everything, plushes an English word I think, isn't it the little boys? Yes, we had all of those. She's still got No, she's still got dopey sitting on her bed right now.
Speaker 13: Excuse me to one moment.
Speaker 10: My friends are asking who is It's just you know color Lady's I'm busy, sorry, they are the cruise with lady. That's one of the mermaids.
Speaker 4: Yes, she needs to use so we need to don force on what's going on. Sometimes after swimming, I need a big poop.
Speaker 10: I'm just looking for They're all down on the beach now. I think they can see me.
Speaker 4: That's good news, all right, Well, Jackie don't know about it, all of it. It's been great, Jackie, thanks for giving us a cool So that's all the ladies. I'll see you down there for a book signing over the weekend.
Speaker 5: We'll be there.
Speaker 4: Plush. Joanne, good morning, Good morning. How are you struggling a bit? An non sort? That was like an assault, Joanne? What was the what was the movie for you? You had to watch over and over again with your with.
Speaker 12: Your kids all day, every day with home alone.
Speaker 4: Oh blame me. Well, between every day every.
Speaker 12: Day from oh look, I don't know years from the time the sun woke up in the morning. It was just playing NonStop and we had a VHS, just a video player. It never recorded, it didn't It was this tiny little box and he just sat watching it to the point where I was on a property in New South Wales at the time and a snake was inside and I'm like, I really need to stop this movie now because we have to go out.
Speaker 14: And we have to do now.
Speaker 12: I'm like.
Speaker 3: You, I realized, mon, they just left Kevin at home alone? What's happen to him?
Speaker 4: The snake comes in, going, oh my, is that home alone? I love this move.
Speaker 5: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, So last year on the show you may recall, or maybe you didn't if you've only just joined the show recently. But during the Olympics, Australia was having an amazing run Olympics. We were doing something on the show because we love the Olympics called the Goldathon, where we got together with Rob and Ian s. Every time Team Australia won a gold medal, we gave away a golden washing machine. How many in total, Jack, did we give away other than a lot?
Speaker 3: We having my thirty six machines?
Speaker 4: Thirty six, that's right. So Robert in s he's a big supporter show. He loves doing stuff with us, and the first time I ever met him, I was ordered by our sales team because they told me he was important that I need to go and have a meeting with him a weekend. This is about well over three and a half years ago now one of his showrooms. So I did. In the Saturday. Rob was running late. I think there was an eight man team working on polishing his teeth.
Speaker 3: And you've seen the adverts as well.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the adverts? The same people that used to clean the Beg's teeth, they now are high bying Rob. He was running late, and this very lovely mature man must have been in his sixties, was like his sort of I don't know. He was like Alfred in the Batman movies. He's like mister Robert is running late. I was like okay, and he was have you got any have you any questions for me? And I said, tell you what? How long have you been working He goes, oh, he's been working for Rob for years. I said, I'm always fascinated by really good salespeople, right because the patter was actually really good. So I said, tell you what, sell me something here? And I happened to be buy the fridges, and he walked me over to this. I actually thought it was like two doors to get into another showroom. And he started to sell something called the sub zero fridge. And it's worth thirty thousand dollars right, And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that you could buy a fridge where people would actually spend thirty thousand dollars on this fridge called a sub zero. And the way he sold it to me goes, it uses NASA technology. Now I'm the sort of guy that you drop something like NASA technology. I'm a guy who owns a NASA technology pen that apparently I can write upside down with why i'd be upside down? Need to write down my ideas for this show, I've got no idea. But anyway, he goes, he's got a NASA technology sir, And I went, what does that mean? He goes, Well, if I were to cut an avocado in half, I could leave it in this sub zero fridge for a month. It wouldn't go brown. Oh what, he goes, Yeah, they moved the nitrous oxide. And I was thinking, damn right, they can't have moldy fruit up on that space station. And you don't see them opening the window or putting out the old recycling bins. They can't have a moldy apple or a brown avocado or something like that the end of the month. Chuck it out the fruit, it's got a last.
Speaker 3: I don't see a lot of astronauts eating half avocados with a spoon from memory, but I don't watch a lot of astronaut stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but to be fair, they'll always do their snacks before they do one of those videos for us back complainer, that's got to be fueled up.
Speaker 3: You're right up.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Rob turns it up and I said, this fridge, he goes off, it's a sub Zero. It's it's amazing. He starts taking me through all the speck the NASA technology and stuff like this went. I'd love to give this away one day. Well, friends, that one day is now now, And this is no ordinary fridge. The sub Zero Classic series refrigerator combines pioneering food preservation technology and the unmistakable can you tell you I'm reading from the brochure right now, unmistakable elements that make the sub Zero a design icon. Hand finished wrapped stainless steel doors. They are they're like oatdoors. Jack, have you've seen this thing hand finish?
Speaker 3: So they wrap the steel in their bed hands.
Speaker 4: Amazing, Yeah, and distinctive louvered grill. I don't know about you, guys. I've always treamed of owning a fridge that has a luvered grill. At the moment, I have an unlouvered grill.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me you do.
Speaker 4: I do. I've been thrown out a bay side. We're having a flat grill. We're giving this amazing prize away on the show next week. It generally is worth just around the twenty nine thousand dollar mark. That includes installation and also cabinet tree. Cabinet tree, I've never even heard that word. Cabinet tree means basically, they have to redo the whole cabinet around this to make it. To make it work, they have to do redo the whole sort of.
Speaker 3: They refit your kitchens, Yes, fit this behemothy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rob said, they cover the cost of that. You said, it's not like they just dropped this beast off right, it's I don't know how they get into space. By the way, I don't know how they get it up there on the back. They tell it up there are something when there's you all things with this big fridge up there to get it all the way up there, we're giving us away on the show next week. It is an amazing price, right, it is literally the biggest prize we've ever given away.
Speaker 3: It's so far ahead of any other fridge it's ridiculous. There's no product on the market that is this far ahead of its competitors than the sub zero fridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing. So the way we're going to give this away is next week on the show on Friday, two teams of you are going to have a fridge each and you're going to see how far you can carry your fridges in an hour? Are you still interested? Now? And imagine a lot of people going, I don't think. Do you remember a couple years ago when we did the mattress race, Right, that's one thing, right, trying to carry an awkward mattress a fridge. A fridge weighs a ton.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: It's not one of those big double stack fridges. We're talking about your normal kind of like bar fridge. But even so, it's heavy.
Speaker 3: Something you'd carry two man team carrying it away, but you wouldn't want to carry out more than the length of the driveway from your moving van into your house. We're saying, over an hour, how fuck can you get away from the station?
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 4: How far do you guys think someone would two people on the team, because you can have to keep putting it down, but all serious is how far do you think they get in an hour?
Speaker 3: I think we'll see them from the window.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, I'm catching up with our producers the other day, right, and obviously we've got two little Matro boys on our team, haven't we, Tom and Rio? Okay? And they were going, yeah, I mean, look, in an hour, it's probably quite easy to knock off three k. Three K you think they're going to do that's two miles. You think they're going to do three k? Lugging a fridge is no way they're going to do three k. They thought I was like being weak, so Jack, they don't know about this, but I think on Monday, that's right, let's say test right, Maybe they're right. I'm happy to apologize. Okay, let's see our producers. Apparently very easy, so it's easy to do. On a Monday half six, we'll send them out. They can lug a fridge for an hour and we'll see how far these boys get and see if they smash three k I think that's the only way we're going to.
Speaker 3: Know we have to has to be done, and they're smiling for lots of fun in the studio.
Speaker 4: We want to go out there now, guys, sit down. Monday will come around very soon. It's only three sleeps, so look. Next week on the show, we're going to be looking for two teams of you who are up for doing this. The winner gets this thirty thousand dollars fridge. Thanks to Ian s you will have the sub zero with cabinet. Try to fit into your kitchen as well. That is the big prize being carried away by one of you. Next week on the show.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Knock Off Friday, we ask you the best question of the week. I'll tell me you knocking off and then what's the highlight of your weekend? You know, I'll send to you, guys to the Dawn show that I had to lend my door to my laptop because he has been repaired back to school. I'll just open it back up and there's a fresh tab. Our tabs if you leave them open can be very revealing about what we've been looking at.
Speaker 3: What were they doing.
Speaker 4: I did not know that my seven, you know old daughter was interesting in leaving and going to do volunteer work in Shranka. Wow to suddenly my weekend pans be going shranker. Anyway, what we did have land is over. You guys know that I've become a tree nerd over the last sort of six or so months. I've persuaded my poor wife to go for drive this weekend to go and see this Aida tree. It's a very famous three hundred year old tree in Gibson, I think it is. We're headed out that way tomorrow.
Speaker 3: For the day, right just to see the tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I then go and walk round it. It's like a beautiful forty five minute walk. It's over three hundred years.
Speaker 3: It's shug minute walk around the tree. How is it?
Speaker 4: I tell you it's seventy six meters three hundred years old. Just to fulfill that the power in the history the things that that tree has lived through.
Speaker 3: Jack, what's of old trees?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't make a road trip out of it. No, that's just the difference between you and me, I guess.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad there isn't difference. I'm glad there is, mister post, what are you up to this weekend? Hipster?
Speaker 3: Actually, when I'm knocking off work today, the first thing I'm going to do is we have a scheduled birthing video to watch.
Speaker 4: What do you mean scheduled to put that in the diary.
Speaker 3: We had to put it in the calendars because Bianca kept trying to say, as we sat down to dinner in front of the TV, Hey, should we watch a birthing video? I don't want to watch it? One eat my tea.
Speaker 4: So we've happy to be right off that burrito.
Speaker 3: We've actually put it in the calendar now Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Speaker 4: It's so organized.
Speaker 3: When I get home from work, first thing we do is watch a half hour of birthing videos.
Speaker 4: And what do you mean? Like that's all you have seen? That beautiful TV show One Born Every minute? I love watching that. So is it actually just like NonStop back to about babies being born? Like a mega mix? It might be.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's.
Speaker 4: It's a great rock track.
Speaker 3: Baby Greatest Birth two thousand and three, let's count them down?
Speaker 10: Five?
Speaker 4: What about this big old baby coming out sideways. Oh, Mum's gonna fill that hot enter it three.
Speaker 3: I think it is a bit of watching berths, but also different things you can do in the birthing sweet like breathing technique, different positions you can get into. You guys heard about the roboso? Nice Roboso?
Speaker 4: Is that what you were doing when it first start when you got her pregnant. I've done the iron eagle before and I put my back out.
Speaker 3: Roboso is a special type of scarf that you can use. You wrap it around the belly and you.
Speaker 4: Do like a come on you what you go near and with some sort of shimmy scuff. She's going to kick you in the nuts.
Speaker 2: That's not doing it.
Speaker 4: I went and did some acu pressure course, right, that was pain when there was given birth, and I went, okay, so I'm just gonna flind a little bit of pressure here to an acupressure point at the base of the ankle, and so it was like the way from me at Apparently the pain relief will be instant and it's nature's finest. So yeah, go get your scarf, mate, if you wrapped around your neck.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All Right, knock off Friday, will we ask you the best question of the week or Timmy, you're knocking off today and what is the high night of your weekend? Let's go to Chrissy. Good morning, Chrissy.
Speaker 13: Hello Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Christy. I hope you've got a good week as well. What tell me knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm knocking off at three and after three attempts, I'm finally getting married in Queensland.
Speaker 4: So is this the other two where they did a COVID complications and all that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So yup.
Speaker 13: Was meant to get married in August in a Sunshine Coast and had to postpone it three weeks out because we went into lockdown, and then I tried again. I thought we'd be out of lockdown by the end of August, and finally postponed it to feb. And it's yeah, first of Feb getting married and we're driving. We're driving to Queensland tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm really excited. We've only five weeks up there.
Speaker 4: When is the big day?
Speaker 10: It's on tues Day.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is amazing. Have you been nervous the last couple of weeks with obviously with on the CRN and sweeping through Melbourne. If you're worried it'll be another one, it's sort of taken.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, our family got COVID and my partner's family got COVID, but we've managed to dodge it, and this time is finally happening, and they're really excited.
Speaker 4: So you know in those sort of movies when they're they're fleeing the sort of town the city that's under attack, like a will Smith move and there's meteorites crashing either side of me to swerve the car you are driving tomorrow dot you leave Victoria.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 13: It really really feels like that we're lucky we're driving. We're taking like Glenn twenty spray and like taking second wives and everything in every hotel.
Speaker 4: We're in, Like we're driving up in one of those big exorbing balls, aren't you'll?
Speaker 3: Yeah COVID Ghostbusters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we really are.
Speaker 5: All the best for Tuesday, you know, Yeah, thank you, yes, thank you.
Speaker 13: Finally it's it's really happening this time.
Speaker 4: And how long is that dry is that you and your room husband to be driving up together.
Speaker 13: Yes, we're driving.
Speaker 4: Is how long is that going to take?
Speaker 13: It's twenty about twenty one hours for the Sunshine Turn.
Speaker 4: I want to almost film it all for reality show.
Speaker 13: We're going to stay over night in Newcastle in New South Wales and then yeah, that's ten hours up and then another ten hours to the Sunshine Coast. But all the way back we're gonna we're gonna drive back over three weeks or so.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, it'll be better awesome. Well, listen, we wish you all the best for Tuesday. Okay, thank you, thank you, all right, take care enjoy that big old road trip.
Speaker 13: Yes, we shall all right, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: Bye Fiona, good on and bye bye, good luck. Christy, I'm going Fiona, what tell me are knocking off today?
Speaker 9: Well it's not me, actually, it's my partner. He's knocking off today after forty seven years at City Power.
Speaker 4: Wow, wait, forty seven years, same job, saying people, so since you left school? Jack suddenly thinking, good god, the thought of if he stopped working with me in forty now something's gone wrong.
Speaker 9: That'd be a bit of hard work.
Speaker 3: What's he gonna do with his retirement? Does he have any plans?
Speaker 9: Yet, well not really. He's I think he's gonna watch a lot of John Wayne and Queen Ecewood movies for a start, and then he might, you know, decide to get off his backside and do a bit of gardening or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, Fiona, enjoy have a lovely weekend. Thanksgiving us a call, no worries. Bye, Graham, good morning, Good morning. Go I'm good Graham, and can tell you're busy. You're on the road. What are you up to, g Man?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: I knocked off at two o'clock yesterday.
Speaker 4: Look at you, just lording up over the rest of us two o'clock yesterday. So what are you doing up and about? Now?
Speaker 8: I'm going to get me a cartoons.
Speaker 4: Decided to go and tune the car. WHI you're fast and furious.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I've got to go back to work in tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay. And what do you do Graham in the stay truck driver? Yeah? What are you delivering?
Speaker 8: Tip top bread?
Speaker 4: Tip top bread? It's an important delivery. He's taking it. But where do you pick it up and take it? The tiptop bread to him from.
Speaker 8: I'll pick it up a dane on and then take it over to Wedlite.
Speaker 4: Wow, we important work bringing that tip top bread to the people. I've had it late.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah yeah, and then pretty backward over there.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, Graham, Well this show actually goes live in there, so we've now just.
Speaker 8: Lost I know it does.
Speaker 4: All right, nice, we can take care. The bread's gone to his head a brighter.
Speaker 5: Now you're listening to the question, you know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: My daughter started year twelve yesterday, my oldest daughter. I cannot believe that I'm saying that that my oldest daughter is starting year twelve, because if she's starting year twelve, hell man, And it's a big year for them, isn't it was for you? Guys. So we're talking on the show this morning about eighteen when you were eighteen. I think one of the easiest ways to reconnect with the eighteen year old you is actually through Why you've probably listened to radio, it's music. I think it's an easier way to do it. It's like a little time traveling device. It just takes you. It's a soundtrack to a lot of these scenes that you had at that year in your life. And it's such a big year. There's so many big emotions, so many dreams, so much going on in your life. It's all there. You've got growing teenage brains, an over abundance of alcohol, all grammed into this monumental year. So we're asking this morning, what is the song that reminds you of being eighteen? Christian? For me Beers at the ESP nineteen ninety three and Tag Team Womp there it is was the main song heavily on rotate that night. I still remember it now whenever I hear that song. What a song Christian. I remember the day I turned eighteen, visiting a bottle shop on the after I finished school, just because I could, don't even know if I purchased anything, just going in there because I could, and having my first legal beer with my dad. It was nineteen ninety seven. Bittersweet Symphony was on heavy rotation. Great song, Yeah, I remember at that age.
Speaker 3: At that age, people would wait till midnight until they turned eighteen so that they could go into a club or bar.
Speaker 4: As. It's all about that, isn't it not.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 4: It's all about even though for some of us you may have been enjoying some of that stuff before you're actually eighteen, with fake ida and stuff like when I look back now, fake ID isn't the kind of my state. The art forgeries they're getting off now just knows what the kids out now for the dark web. I think the photo didn't even look like me. It was a blonde Swedish boy. Not really sort of examine your fake ID back in the day. It's so different now, Jack, What is the song that reminds you of being eighteen?
Speaker 3: I was eighteen in two thousand and five, and come on, it's hard to emphasized just how huge a hit for high school teenagers. Hilltop Hoods Nosebleed section was great, great, This song played every high school party you went to, and at that age, because everybody in your year levels turning eighteen every Friday and Saturday night, it felt like you had a big event on that.
Speaker 4: Those were what they just if they were. They were just such exciting times, weren't they? All you cared about was the next going to another party? That was it? Going to another party? That was It was all just about the parties and hanging out with your mates and going to other parties, and rumors that there was going to be another party that one of you knew or an older brother knew.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about my eighteenth yesterday, and I remembered that I printed off all the invites for my party, and then I got a kangaroo shaped hole punch and punched a unique hole in every of the invites, honestly to cut down on people duplicating the invite. I don't know why I thought there would be so much ticketing fraud A.
Speaker 4: Chicken in town, hot chicken in town, when you need to stop the counterfeitures right now with my engineers, kangaroo shape the whole punch. I love the mindset. You're eighteen going to all that effort. And did people uninvited people turn up to the eighteenth because that was always the worry. People go, I don't even know who those older kids are, and there's always the older kids to turn up. They would like smash stuff.
Speaker 3: They did, And you know what, it was pointless to protect the invite because it's not like people were coming and handing their invite into my dad at the door. People just come to a party in big groups and it's hard to stop them.
Speaker 4: So do you know what age do you stop doing that? Imagine now if I just walking this weekend right to my own I have to see this. People go around for a dinner party and I just go and get a keg and then gore, who the hell is that?
Speaker 3: You get kicked out? Then you scale the back fence to get in the party again by behind a tree for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Sadly, I'm mooning all the guests and I throw up in the flower bed. Then go home.
Speaker 3: Let's go gate crushing the character this weekend.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: What is the song that reminds you of being eighteen? Patsy? What's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 2: It's this one. I loved Madonna as a kid and love this tune up at the club. Oh yeah, every time I hear it. We played it on the playlist earlier this morning. I can smell nineteen ninety when I was eighteen, when I.
Speaker 4: Had a smell of nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: I can't smell Christine Dor's poison perfume, like that's huge, heavy, heavy application, far too much. And I can smell stale smoke at the nightclub. You could still smoke at nightclubs when I was eighteen, and stale beer getting spilt on the floor.
Speaker 4: And do you remember the next that the morning after a night out, your clothes would reek. I didn't smoke, would reek of like a nicotine? Would?
Speaker 3: Your hair would smell. I remember getting in the shower.
Speaker 2: I can remember New Year's Eve. I used to like to get new outfit, not always get new shoes. And I don't know why, because I remember one year it was like I should have worn gum boots. Why would you get new shoes in a pub with beer getting spilt down your leg all night?
Speaker 4: Let's go to Stacy. Stacy, what is your song that reminds you of being eighteen? Good morning everyone, Mining, Stacy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you please, time Mining.
Speaker 4: Oh what a great time, great song, great album as well. So what's this early nineties?
Speaker 6: Yes, was nice. Well, we're active in my age way it was nineteen eighty eight, I think, no, sorry, don't.
Speaker 4: Worry, you're among similar aged people. Do not bury. You've come to the right show. We're here for you.
Speaker 6: I'm that age this year.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, And what does the song remind you of? You got a certain sort of you know, memory and mind or a smell like Patsy.
Speaker 6: So I was on my year twelve drama camp and we were on a train on the way from Melbourne to Adelaide and one of the students decided to take his guitar along with him, which saw.
Speaker 4: Some guy and it's some creepy guy like Jack. That was me. Ye know, it's half a Jack Johnson's song and it's half too much. If you asked me time are your life by green Day?
Speaker 6: Well, he started playing Blue Sky Mining on the train and he did not stop playing Blue Sky Mining.
Speaker 4: Eight hours of midnight Oil sounds like.
Speaker 6: To Adelaide record every lyrics. It just went on and on and on.
Speaker 4: And were you drinking on the train and that at that age, or what were you up to now?
Speaker 6: We're on a camp, a school camp. You twelve care so no alcohol, which was really annoying, totally so bad. We weren't in the sleeping bunks, We're in the sitting up chair things for eight and a half hours on a train listening to the plisky mining.
Speaker 4: It was great, all right, Stacey, have a nice weekend. Thanks for giving us a cool take care, Thank.
Speaker 8: You, Bye bye bye, Gavin, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Gavin, welcome to show. Take us back to you being eighteen?
Speaker 14: What's the song for you, tumble one by something gay wa.
Speaker 4: A song, banger, banger? Anything else? Do you remember about being eighteen? Did you have a good party or a big nine?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 14: No, I had a quiet eighteenth and made up for it on my twenty first by falling through the shed roof setting it up. Sorry to laugh at that first, Yeah, as her brother laughed, especially as he did because he had to helped me get out of it.
Speaker 4: What were you doing on the roof that was involving setting something up for the twenty first?
Speaker 8: They're putting the lights up, destroyed the shed roof and it stayed destroyed like that for a bit for you?
Speaker 3: And so did you party on into the night or did you have to go to the hospital where your friends had a good time?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, I know I was working good bye then And yeh did?
Speaker 14: Tony had sat family and a few friends around, so it wasn't a huge one.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, Kevin, I feel like you're like the single handedly held this economy together. He needs some award or something. You're eighteenth and twenty first, Benny, have enough time for a schooner? Lot you back to work?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I had to go to work the next day.
Speaker 5: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tony's just texted us good morning Tony. When I was eighteen and nineteen seventy eight Jerry Rafferty' so on Baker Street by a Sax solo. Still love this song? This goes from Tony. I had my daughter's playing it other day and why why you listen to this? They only ever play these songs out for a cool TV show, so it's never if I recommend them. It's in this big show they watching at the moment. Have you heard it Euphoria?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've heard it.
Speaker 4: Good guys. I can't n it. Oh my word. They all I want to do is watch it, talk about watching it. They love that show. I could see this must be one of my younger listeners who's texted in the end put your name on this levels by Avici. So I'm guessing if that is that's when you're eighteen, you must be in your late twenties. These songs can kind of date you, can't they? Andy Coome Morning Hanny, Yes, Hello, Andy, welcome to a show, Buddy, Friday Morning. And what's the song that minds You've been eighteen?
Speaker 9: Good old ninety six banger?
Speaker 8: You mentioned it?
Speaker 14: The other Weight President's United States Peaches.
Speaker 4: Peaches Us fine song. Yeah, this is in ninety six, surely two thousand and six.
Speaker 8: No, I'm pretty sure it was ninety six. Maybe two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: No, I think this was the first album I own that had the rental guidance warning of the album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, awesome album. This is too, very very good band too. And that's a great one. Thanks you go, Mims call enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 8: No problem, thank you.
Speaker 4: Michelle, Hello, Hello, Hey, got cha Michelle. Also some one as you've been eighteen.
Speaker 7: Papa, don't preach Madonna, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the Madonna girl like Patsy on the show.
Speaker 5: Exactly like Patsy.
Speaker 7: I was thinking about the revolving dance floor at twenty first century on my eighteenth studio Madura Illusions.
Speaker 4: Gluur and Milk.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, Glure and milk.
Speaker 7: The Sandman peddal van that took us there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wasn't allowing panel vans. It's very risky.
Speaker 4: Panel van that took you there. It sounds like now it's a police report.
Speaker 7: I even had up but on the roof were crammed in the back of it. Went down to Frank.
Speaker 4: On the roof.
Speaker 3: I like the paths. You had a rule. It sounded like your parents in fourth you're not allowed in panel bands.
Speaker 2: No panel vans, no boys in panel vans allowed, and.
Speaker 4: Patsy, don't you know because obviously you're a massive Madonna fan like Michelle here, isn't it it is you? Isn't it the to that your mom wants? You'd copied out the lyrics to? Was it like like a virsion of your your mom found it? And obviously how context wants to know? What is this a diary?
Speaker 2: She thought it was my autobiography Sylvia Path Christian Connell's show podcast and good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning Christian, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: How are you well? Good ann It's Friday? And what's the song for you?
Speaker 7: Mine is bandy Cheap Wine and a three day growth nineteen seventy eight summer holidays?
Speaker 4: Where were you?
Speaker 7: Where we were? I'm down at so Leonard's on the Bellery near Port Arlington, just outed along and summer holiday, end of school days and I met my now husband and we've been married thirty nine years, been together forty four.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, that is incredible, what a story, what a meeting.
Speaker 7: Yes, we met down at the pub down here, so and we did. We lived very close together in Melbourne, not far away walking distance, and spent most of our married life there and then six no seven years in the month's time, we moved down here to our dream home down here, and we can.
Speaker 4: Walk to the pub where we met year ago, my dream home. Whenever they see those TV shows and night that is not my dream home. It's five K to the pub stagger down.
Speaker 7: For me, I can even remember the name of the band that was playing that night.
Speaker 10: That was Others.
Speaker 4: I love that last night a four K story. Remembering that this is the Christian o'connells show, coome onitor Jenny listening to us this morning, talk about the songs remind us of being eighteen Christian I was eighteen and nineteen ninety four, so for me black Hole Sun by Sound Garden, brilliant Chris Cornell band. Music has never been better than the nineties. Well, Jenny, good luck next week on the show. After we loved last year getting into the eighties and breaking apart each week with the eighties out of the eighties, next week on the show, we kick off doing the same for the nineties. Look at the music the movies. Will still be doing Jack and I breaking down the movies that we see each week. So eight is It of the Nineties starts on the show next week.
Speaker 5: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast A.
Speaker 4: Couple of you. I already wanted to know after I said five minutes ago that we're going to be going into the eightes it of the nineties starting next week, obviously with the letter A demanding to know what the first movie is going to be that Jack and I are going to break down Armageddon, so we do want to watch it this weekend. Armageddon will be the movie that would be getting into nothing says the nineties than the Armaged of movies. So we'll be getting into that right now. Though. Let's do Friday's time Wastess.
Speaker 11: Who News Speak News a standoff between Neil Young, Spotify, and Joe Rogan. Neil Young gave Spotify an ultimatum, you can't be streaming my music with this.
Speaker 4: I have Joe Rogan's podcast. I've been a minor spending all that COVID misinformation going to Neil Young. Pick a side. You either go with Neil Young or you go with Joe Rogan. Yeah, it's kind of easy to see which way they go on that. Sorry, Neil, but they've they've they paid hundred million up front Joe's podcasts. So, I mean, apparently I was reading about this yesterday because it's quite interesting. But apparently Neil Young made this ultimatum, and obviously people around him he's still mentioning, went just you know, they shout a hundred million from him. He then took down his ultimatum from his websites. But off I went, all right, then see you see you, Neil, and I took it down from the website. It must have been some young fellow on the social media who did it, you know, the one that did Sebastian eye stuff last year about the mass get isolated. So today grumpy bands, grumpy bands? All right, we're looking for your grumpy bands. First off, I've got a Neil Young one here, Jack, Neil. All the cops look so young these days, the cops. Do the cops look so young these days? Don't they getting younger? The cop?
Speaker 3: What bronze?
Speaker 4: I deserve more crumpy bands, you say, Miley Cyrus, Hyrus, Miley Cyrus, grumpy mom?
Speaker 3: Do you have COVID again?
Speaker 4: Come on mineus Cyrus market so we can move on. Come on, Silver, better beyond say what did you say? Come on? These are good?
Speaker 16: Come on Mark, Come on, lady, grump grump Bronze. You're getting on my Nirvana Silver.
Speaker 4: Alani's uh Marris set. She's pretty a upset sometimes, but can be really grumpy when she's a Lana's more upset.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's gold we had in there. Stay down the mine all right, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Half daddy eating a ride?
Speaker 4: Half? Yeah, that's silver, that's good.
Speaker 3: Cranky goes to Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: We men at work, but we don't like mean at work. Don't take your bad attitude out on me. Mean at work.
Speaker 4: The repetition meant that you knew that it wasn't the best. You're trying to push it over there. I'll give it a respectable silver.
Speaker 3: And this band, this band makes me really grumpy, the red hot silly peppers.
Speaker 4: Like cling film over the loo, when fleas trying to go like that. Gold.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show, podcast Time Wasters.
Speaker 4: Today is your grumpy bands, grumpy bands and singers. Jack you're ready to mark? Yes, bitchy boys, that's from Campbell Gold Strong Start on and Campbell uh Aya, straights Ayer straight Silver Janney. You just simply put the name down, Nick Cave and text it to us five times.
Speaker 3: Ticked off Spring silver Blush.
Speaker 4: I got a good ticking off more on five, more like God. My mum used to said that a lot when I was more like more on five, more like Pete, Well done, the pissed off Spring Silver Roger Rod spewing it Silver plus, you so angry, start throwing up. I'm not sure about that, Chris, uh black eyed peeved? Oh where I am is? Angry? Silver cracked the ships ends. Great name for a tribute bed, Let's be honest, Mark, it made me a laugh.
Speaker 15: System of a turn that down, Gold Glenn, well done, Bon Groucy, Silver Pluss, Old Stroppy parton Gold, the Spike.
Speaker 3: Girls, Silver Puss, Falling out Boy Silver Plus.
Speaker 4: And finally from Francesca Blink one hat two Yeah, let's end on the gold cal Brighter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian Okyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Come on to Jeff listening to us in Balarat heard me talking about my pilgrimage. I'm heading out today to look at this Aida tree. He said, you got to take in Warburton as well. There's some nice trees there. If you to trees, thank you, Jeff. I will and if anyone's got any recommendations and way to go for lunch around Warburton. Jack, have you seen that Aida tree that I'm going to see?
Speaker 3: I owe you an apology, Actually the Aida tree. I teased you for taking a road trip to just to see a tree. But it is actually an impressive looking tree.
Speaker 4: It's a mountain ash about three hundred years old. Can't wait to get my eyes on it, to be honest, lunchtime today.
Speaker 3: The image I'm looking at of a couple sitting at the base of the tree makes them look like little bugs. They are tiny. That is a big tree.
Speaker 4: Huge, It's massive, all right. So every time you call this show, you could be winning one thousand dollars on a Friday from Mercedes Benz Caller of the Week. It's back for this year, one thousand dollars every Friday thanks to Mercedes Benz. Berrick. Ask out, they're ridiculous. I have told them off so many times, Jack, saying these trading prices are ridiculous, it's crazy talk, but they insist on doing them. Ask them this weekend about they're ridiculous trading prices. All right, here are the contenders this week four Corner of the Week. Hello, Hello, hello Christian show.
Speaker 5: Well hello Color of the Week Chris.
Speaker 4: What do you think is in every old person's homemade.
Speaker 8: Well, there's always some kind of wood turning, Chris.
Speaker 3: It always had such a heavy sheene on it as well. You could almost see yourself.
Speaker 4: Furnished and probably not even a word in the dictionary anymore. Come on in, What did you drive into a base cart?
Speaker 12: Consoled me so much I went out.
Speaker 9: I was pretty scared.
Speaker 12: Because when you got to carry six six and one fast three and he's justly.
Speaker 4: It is driven into me?
Speaker 3: What's this guy so drumpy about?
Speaker 4: Ash? What's your first car?
Speaker 5: Ninety four Eed Falcon that was handed down from my mom and dad to my older brother to me, who then went to.
Speaker 7: My younger brother allion call.
Speaker 4: I know that was a thing.
Speaker 8: Well, the younger brother start. He got four grand for him.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You look like you've just done three k. Yeah, it's brand. Your priest was the last girl.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show A Collar of the Week.
Speaker 4: That's some of the contenders for this week's caller of the week. It's going to go to you, Ash, Hey, thanks very much for that. You got one thousand dollars in cash for your story this week about that ford ed Falcon, the family car handing down through the generations with a million k's on the clock, Ash, enjoy you one thousand dollars much.
Speaker 13: Take you to our messaited and give a trade in a mark and.
Speaker 8: Edit to you want to do.
Speaker 4: Ask for those ridiculous trading prices. I've told them they're ridiculous. Guys. Ash, it was a great call. Thanks for calling the show with it, mate, and enjoy your money. Thanks for the show term having every minute of it. Ah, it's grab being back this week.
Speaker 3: Bless you.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Ash. All right, let's talk about Monday show today. When we return on Monday, we were back in too. We're about this week with them your misheard lyrics. As always, whenever you hear or miss hear a lyric, email me twenty four to seven Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Every Monday morning at eight o'clock we play them back and if they're really great, they go into the Hall of Famer. We had three Hall of famous this week, like this one from Tom. We played it earlier Chumber one with top thumping the original lyric, I get knocked down by that, get up again, You're never going to keep you down? Or is it I yet no town? When I get up? And then You're never gonna keep me towel. Sarah brought that Moby from the nineties, original line from why does my heart feel so bad? Hell? Open doors, Hell, open doors? Or is it big popa dom, big popadom accord to Sarah, that's gonna be the one to beat for me this year. And then Gemma eleven year old junior listener Jemma gave this one body by Loud Luxury. Oh my, oh my, oh my sense Jemma reckons it's Homer Homer, Homer Simpson, it is Geba. It's one hundred percent that and nothing else. Those are all of famous, all right, So email me over the weekend you misheard lyrics will play the back Monday. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and really excited about this biggest thing literally physically we've given away on the show. It all starts Monday. We are looking for two teams, two of you in each team Daredevil's need only a pie gigpigs that go around from breakfast show to gigpig show trying to work out what you can win. This is not for you. Whoever carries a fridge in your two person team wins. Who carries wins and the price. It's an E and SS sub zero fridge. This is no ordinary fridge. It is using NASA technology. Fruit anything, avocados doesn't go off if you leave it literally splitting half in there for a month. It's worth just under thirty thousand dollars. It is huge, isn't it, Jack. It's massive, this fridge.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible piece of technology. You don't even have to seal the avocado. You leave half an hour avocado open in there two weeks time you eat it, it feels fresh.
Speaker 4: So we're giving us away next Friday, and we're gonna find next week, starting Monday morning at seven point thirty, we're looking for who are you gonna partner up with? How far do you think you could carry a fridge? Not one of the big tool sort of six foot ones, but still a big sort of bar forage. How far do you think you could carry that in one hour. According to our young gum producers Tom and Rio, you should easily This is with their words to me the Today easily knock off three K, and I went, there's no way they're doing three K. You're putting it down every ten seconds. You're not doing three K. So they're gonna be out as guinea pigs pace setters on Monday show. Nice and it's six thirty for these young lads. They're gonna carry a fridge for an hour. So we've got some idea of just how far you guys might be able to carry it next Friday. All Right, Jack and Patsy have a great weekend. Lovely being back with you guys this week. We will see you Monday morning.
Speaker 5: Take care of you one, The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast